81 Reviews for Renaissance Orchestra

Willing to Travel (4)
Sound/PA System (4)
MC (2)
Ceremony (1)

Can't say enough about Renaissance Orchestra and how they put the icing on the cake for our daughter's wedding at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. We knew we wanted live entertainment, but searching for bands was a bit intimidating. All of our concerns went out of the window once we contacted Phaedra and discussed the details. Phaedra was so approachable and quick to respond to our questions. Renaissance Orchestra surpassed our expectations! The music from before the ceremony, through the ceremony, the cocktail hour and reception was non-stop, and everything our daughter and son-in-law wanted. Our guests were entertained and danced non-stop until the last dance, and the quality of their performance was top notch. Highly recommend Renaissance Orchestra. I wish I knew where they were performing, because I'd love to drop in and dance to their music again!

Profile Picture Barbara, 12/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We are so grateful for Phaedra and the Renaissance Orchestra for making our wedding a success. 10 very talented musicians brought our wedding to life on a cold, Friday night in December. It took over a year to plan our wedding and Phaedra was so supportive throughout the entire process. She was responsive to all of our questions and she was patient as we changed the plan a zillion times. Beyond just being pleasant to work with, Renaissance Orchestra made our wedding fun for our guests and we couldn’t be happier. I’d definitely recommend them! And I know all of our guests would too!

Profile Picture Colleen, 12/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Renaissance Orchestra did fantastic work at our wedding. Phaedra did a great job taking her time getting to know us and the kind of celebration we were looking for. We wanted a band that would inspire everyone, young and old and of different cultures, to get out of their seats and party. They completely delivered. Bottom line - they have a wide ranging repertoire, awesome lead singers, and a wonderful manager who helps make sure they use their tremendous talents to deliver exactly what their clients are looking for. If this band is in your budget, grab the before they're booked!

Profile Picture Doug, 9/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

As father of the groom I asked my son and his bride if I could pay to hire a live band. Thanks to Renaissance it turned out to be a great decision. Everything about the party just felt more enjoyable and as far as I was (and many others were) concerned it was due in large part to the live performance of Renaissance. Thank you guys!

Profile Picture Lou, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band was the best part of our wedding. We were blown away! Everyone that attended the wedding keeps contacting us to tell us how awesome the band was! We couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Raell, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Phaedra and the Renaissance Orchestra came highly recommended to us by another local independent band and we could not have been more fortunate to find them!!! Phaedra was amazing to work with through the planning process and the band was incredible. All of our guests loved the music and commented over and over again how great they were! Look no further, reach out to Phaedra now!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

You guys were all amazing. I was glad we were able to have you for my brothers wedding and then for ours as well. We definitely will recommend you guys to everyone. Thank you again for everything.

Best Wishes,

Ott and Fischer Family

Profile Picture Larissa, 4/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Phaedra and the rest of the band were great to work with. They were affordable and flexible, and they were the highlight of our reception. All of our guests were impressed with the party they provided.

Profile Picture Sophie, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Renaissance Orchestra is the real deal! They put on an outstanding performance at Ballroom at the Ben in Philly. The compliments are still coming in from friends and family that had such a great time.

They learned our first dance, which is an extremely meaningful song featured in a musical my wife's late grandfather helped produce and there wasn't a dry eye in the house on her family's side when it was performed. It was so well done (details down to using a triangle!) and was sung beautifully.

The song selection was perfect, the energy was high, and it looked like they were having as much fun as us. I love funk and opted for an extra horn, which was definitely worth it, especially for the Jungle Boogie walk-in!

Lastly, I was so impressed with their response time throughout the planning process. No matter how late we e-mailed or called, they were quick to get us the answers we needed.

It was a perfect night.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

My mom booked Renaissance Orchestra for my sister's wedding a couple years ago. She first saw Renaissance perform at one of her neighbor's weddings. She talked about how the band had everyone on the dance floor the entire evening. At my sister's wedding, I saw firsthand how absolutely amazing the talent in this band is. Everyone at the wedding was on their feet partying for 4 hours straight. From my sister's college friends, to my parents and their friends, neighbors, grandparents, etc. My mom was also thrilled with the professionalism and responsiveness of the band manager Phaedra. When it came time for my wedding, it was not even a one-second decision to use Renaissance. Again, at my wedding, we had 300 guests and the dance floor was PACKED the entire time. We asked them for very specific songs (from Motown to modern) and they played them all. Whatever songs they did not know, they promised to learn. Phaedra was a pleasure to work with. I work in client services, so I appreciate responsiveness, professionalism, and decisiveness, and Phaedra exhibited all of those. I had tons of comments all night long from guests about how amazing the band was. Simply put, they do an amazing job.

Profile Picture User7423741, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Renaissance was incredible! Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor the entire time and constantly talked about how much fun they were having. They come highly recommended!

Profile Picture User7246186, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked Renaissance Orchestra without ever hearing them-- based upon a friend of a friend's recommendation. She said they were that good and now, after having them at our wedding-- they are TRULY spectacular. They made our wedding. Hand's down. Their energy, professionalism, and talent turned our reception into a dance party and such a memorable time. I cannot count how many instances people came up to us that night and even now, almost a month later to compliment us on "how amazing the band is." This was ranging from my grandma to my dad's co-workers to my high school cousins. They learned a few songs that we weren't sure were even possible and to hear them being played perfectly on our wedding night was such a thrill. We are so grateful to Phaedra and the entire Renaissance Orchestra team for giving us the wedding and night of our lives.

Profile Picture User5405252, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We simply cannot thank Phaedra, Leon and the Renaissance Orchestra enough. They were amazing to work with starting on Day One... so responsive, flexible, professional, and so cool to work with. And then on the day of the wedding, they totally exceeded all of our expectations. Our advice to any couples considering Renaissance is to communicate your hopes/expectations with Phaedra... definitely provide her with a well thought-out, diverse song preference list... and then TRUST them. That's it. They are talented, have good energy, have diverse musical range, and Phaedra was a great emcee... she clearly knows when to step up at the wedding, and when to be more subdued. Friends and family continue to comment months later on how wonderful the band was, and we certainly agree. A great band can be the glue that helps brings the whole reception together. Seriously, put your trust in Phaedra and the band to provide the entertainment at your big day... they are a world class group.

Profile Picture User7222974, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Renaissance Orchestra made our wedding the best day ever! The entire time we worked with them the service was incredible. When we sent them an initial email, they were extremely accommodating in providing opportunities to see them live. Phaedra was really responsive and easy to work with. When we got close to the wedding date they made everything so easy for us - they sent us everything we needed, met with us at a convenient location, and walked through the day so we knew exactly what to expect. And then on the wedding day they were PHENOMENAL - they had everyone on the dance floor all night, were so, so, so, so upbeat, and could play all different types of music perfectly. We requested an LCD Soundsystem song for our final song and they absolutely killed it. Everyone is still talking about how great our band was, months later! And from a service side, they were definitely one of the most responsive, flexible, and accommodating vendors we worked with.

Profile Picture Martha, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I'm so incredibly glad we booked this band for our wedding! They really knew how to get people dancing and keep the party going. We wanted a variety of music, from jazz to country to modern hits, and they excelled in all genres. Our guests kept saying how great the band was, and several of them mentioned that they wanted to book them for their own weddings. They really helped make our wedding unforgettable!!

Profile Picture User6673607, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Headline: 90%+ of the photos from our reception will be of the dance floor. Guests and ourselves included did not sit down. The 10 piece brass band rocked it - for every generation in attendance.

The details: Phaedra, band manager, was extremely thoughtful throughout the process. She provided an extensive list of music options for us to pick out our favorites. We were told this would serve as a basis for the music, but the band would audible depending on how the guests were reacting (package also came with three songs we could have the band learn). It all worked out flawlessly. They provided dance floor hits one after the other. Guests asked us throughout the night who chose the music and band, with nothing but compliments.

Phaedra was very responsive throughout the process and also coordinated directly with our venue to make sure everything went according to plan. She's wonderful.

In conclusion, having a bind to fit the vibe of our wedding was crucial and we could not have been happier. We wouldn't be surprised if we see the Renaissance Orchestra at several of our friends' weddings in the future.

Profile Picture Tyler, 1/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception

To say Renaissance Orchestra made our wedding great would be a huge understatement! From the first contact to the wedding night they were absolutely fantastic! Phaedra (the band manager) was a joy to work with and did an extraordinary job of keeping in contact with us throughout the whole process. The band was terrific at feeling the vibe of the crowd and getting butts out of their seats and onto the dance floor! If you are looking for a wedding band I can honestly say you can stop your search with them!

Profile Picture Henry, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Before our wedding I told band manager Phaedra that my dream for my wedding reception was to have a full dance floor the whole time. Renaissance made this dream come true! Our guests went crazy for this band!! They were extremely talented and did an expert job reading the crowd. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for the best entertainment in the area!

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Phaedra and the Renaissance Orchestra were the best decision we could have made! Everyone was dancing from start to finish! Days and even weeks after the wedding we were still getting compliments on how amazing the band was! I highly recommend Renaissance Orchestra if you love a good party and want your guests to dance all night. They adjusted their usual playing schedule to coordinate with our caterer and also learned 3 songs for us! One of which was a phish song for my husband! They also let my cousin play the drums for a few songs, really made our day special! I can't recommend this band enough, truly amazing!!!

Profile Picture Lindsay , 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't say enough about Renaissance Orchestra. They were the one unknown for us going in as we never got a chance to hear them live before booking, but they absolutely blew us away.

Here's the highlights:

- People were on the dance floor literally ALL NIGHT. A musician friend of mine commented on this and mentioned how they didn't take any breaks in between songs and it made all the difference. They didn't give people a chance to leave! Combine that with a really well put together set list and we had a packed dance floor, and people at every age having an amazing time.

- They covered our requested songs perfectly. We weren't easy on them. We asked them to end the night with a cover of LCD Soundsystem "Dance Yrself Clean". We had no idea how they would cover it, as its kind of a weird request, but they absolutely nailed it. It was perfect. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_LxCzYvwao&app=desktop

- Phaedra and her team were professionals and so easy to deal with. We live in NYC and they met up with us to go through song list and schedule. They incorporated all our requests and musical tastes perfectly, and were so communicative and made the process all so easy.

With many Philly weddings bands going at double the price, I can guarantee you that Renaissance Orchestra is definitely the best deal in Philly and possibly the best band. Can't recommend enough.

Profile Picture Justin, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

After attending my cousin's wedding where Renaissance Orchestra performed, it was a no-brainer for us to try to hire them for our wedding reception. In the months following our wedding, we have gotten several compliments from friends and family saying how much fun they had at the reception and the atmosphere created by Renaissance Orchestra played a huge role in that. Phaedra was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding. She was a true professional who made the process stress-free. The band is made up of talented musicians who know exactly how to gauge the audience and setting (cocktail hour, dinner, etc). Several of our guests have told us they couldn't keep themselves off the dance floor because of how great the band was. We would recommend Renaissance Orchestra as strongly as possible to anyone having their wedding reception in the Philly/NJ/DE area. Thanks again Renaissance Orchestra!

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Joe, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Having the Renaissance Orchestra play at my reception was by far one of the highlights of my wedding day. They are all so talented, and play every genre of music so well! The breadth of their repertoire is truly impressive. The dance floor was consistently packed throughout the reception and everyone was having so much fun. Phaedra, the band's manager (and also one of their amazing vocalists), is incredibly organized and will ensure that the reception runs smoothly. Book them today!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/6/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Band

Renaissance Orchestra was great! I can't even count the number of compliments we got on them. I had friends asking for their business cards who aren't even currently planning their weddings just because they were so good. Phaedra, the band leader, was great to work with and very flexible. They accommodated all of our requests and really put me at ease for the big night. If you're considering working with them - do it!!! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews