Renaissance Bridals and Prom Reviews

Renaissance Bridals and Prom 6
Renaissance Bridals and Prom 7

Vittoria · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Bridal Experience

I want to recognize Julia. Walking into the store on a Saturday afternoon was a bit chaotic. However, in the midst of all of the that, Julia was the one to step up to the plate and acknowledge my mother and I right away! Throughout the whole experience, Julia was so flexible and made me feel special. I had no idea what kind of dress I wanted but she was able to work around that and narrow my choice down. Do the best you can to grab Julia. She was amazing!!!!

Cam · Getting married on 04/15/2020

I called this week to see if they fit me in last minute for an appointment, and they found me a slot that was perfect for me! I loved walking in today and getting greeted by the owner who welcomed us with a smile! She was very sweet and so kind, she asked me about what style i was looking for, and what size street closes i wore, and never talked to me about "wedding dress" sizes which was amazing! I am a plus size bride, and they had so many options. She then proceeded to ask me what things i liked in a dress, and what i thought i was looking for, then headed off and grabbed me a few and they were so beautiful! One of the dresses she pulled was absolutely perfect, and had everything i had everything wanted and more! The second dress was so perfect that I ended up getting to take it home! They were great at working with price, my needs, and what i was looking for! Today could not have been a better experience! Thank you for all of your amazing help and making my dress shopping experience painless and joyful!

• Megan

Megan · Getting married on 10/19/2019

The perfect experience!

Renaissance Bridals was the perfect salon to find my dress. Abbie was so helpful and really listened to what i wanted and helped guide me through the process of choosing my dress. Every dress I tried on she would attempt to pin and clamp to fit my body so I could really picture what the dress would look like when it was made for me. In a previous salon my family was told to go pick the dresses and there was no designated changing area so I had to change in front of my friends and family. At Renassiance, Abbie picked the dresses out after viewing my list of wish dresses, stuck to my budget, and I was able to change in a changing room and Abbie only came in when I was ready to zipped up. It was a very kind, professional, and considerate environment and I loved every minute of it. The owner also made an appearance and provided much needed advice on what I should consider when choosing my dress. In the end I said yes to the dress!!! I am not a hugger but I hugged Abbie when we were finished! If you want to find the perfect dress and have the best shopping experience you must go to Renaissance Bridals!!

Renaissance Bridals and Prom 8

Elena · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Great selection of very affordable designer dress.

So glad I went here on a last minute suggestion after shopping all over Baltimore and not finding anything. Julia was wonderful and everything I would hope for in a bridal consult, she was very flexible, understandable, patient and very accommodating to my family. After running around for hours she was able to help me find the perfect dress!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Renaissance Bridals and Prom's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! It is our sincere pleasure to assist you during your wedding planning.

Meagan Craver · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Best experience

I had the best time at Renaissance Bridals! I brought my mother, soon to be mother-in-law, and two bridesmaids, and everybody was professionally and kindly accommodated. Katie M. was the absolute best consultant! She helped me try on at least 8-10 different gowns. I know it is a-lot, but I was there about 2.5 hours trying on gowns, and Katie was so kind throughout the entire process, not rushing me, going to find new styles I wanted to try, all while not going over my budget. In the end, I found my perfect gown, UNDER BUDGET, all thanks to Renaissance! I would definitely recommend to anybody who wants a very personal experience trying on gowns, with no pressure or rush!

• Lauren

Lauren · Getting married on 08/31/2019

SAID Yes to the DRESS @ Renaissance Bridal - Julia is AMAZING!

Renaissance Bridal was upmost the best intimate experience I had while finding the perfect dress! Julia pulled so many dresses for me and I got to try on a lot that were exactly what I was looking for. Not only was Julie very attentive, she made me feel relaxed. All of the other staff were very nice and the selection of dresses they had were on point! I would recommend going there to anyone! So happy I said yes to my dress there, Keep in mind I went to NYC to Kleinfields, Rk Bridal and a smaller Boutique store at my hometown. Another plus about the bridal experience at Renaissance you can get a private room and mimosas while you try on dresses what can get better than that? My Dress came in a couple weeks after ordering, cant wait to come try it on again! THANKS RENAISSANCE BRIDAL! XO

• I

Ivy · Getting married on 04/03/2019

Julia was tremendous!

I had an appointment with Julia yesterday afternoon. She was fantastic. She made it so much more than trying on gowns - she made it a wonderful experience for my soon to be mother in-law, my aunt, and myself. She was personable, honest, and funny! She helped me find the perfect gown and I couldn't be happier.

• Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 01/06/2019

This was the first and last place I went to try on dresses for my up and coming wedding. I was very happy with the selection of dresses, and ultimately was able to find my dream dress thanks to the wonderful staff. I highly reccomend giving them a chance. You won't be disappointed.

• Jackie

Jackie Dragoni · Married on 11/24/2018

Love Renaissance Bridal, York Pa!

John and his staff were so cool, so calm and so professional and I had so much fun shopping for the perfect dress with my daughter! They listened to what I wanted, made appropriate suggestions and helped me when I was torn between two beautiful dresses. John was awesome! I wore my dress all day, my husband LOVED it and I want to thank Renaissance Bridals so much. I highly recommend them!

Renaissance Bridals and Prom 9
  • User5071234 · Recently married

I've gotten multiple high school dresses there so without a doubt they were my first choice for a wedding dress. They've always been super helpful and kind. It's a very friendly environment and I'm excited to experience the bridal side of this wonderful business.

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2018

Renaissance Bridal welcomed me and my fiance with open arms. They seemed to understand that it is a very personal decision as to whom a bride brings when searching for her gown. Thank you for helping him to feel included and wanted. Additionally, my girlfriend and I made our appointments close in time so we could travel together as a group. Renaissance Bridal took the experience one step further and set us both up in the same dressing station so we were fortunate to see each others gown selections and support each others decisions. Yes! We both found our dream gown at Renaissance Bridal!! Finally, we had, not intentionally, closed down the shop that Monday evening. The owner and ladies never made us feel like we needed to rush. Instead, they brought out champagne for us and celebrated us. I will not go anywhere else for my bridesmaids dresses. The genuine kindness and impeccable service Renaissance offers is above all the rest.

• User7132062 · Recently married

This past Saturday June 2, 2017 I had the wonderful experience of purchasing my wedding gown at Renaissance Bridal located in the heart of York in Pennsylvania. Being a wedding planner and traveling all the way from Long Island, New York, in was essential my entourage and I did our research. We had been planning my wedding dress search extravaganza for months, so trust me when I say the reviews really help when narrowing down where to shop. After reading raving review after review about this quaint boutique, we immediately added it to our list of "must go places." Upon arrival we were greeted with warm smiles, and an offering of champagne or mimosas to help kick-start our journey through Princess closet Heaven! I worked with Michaela and we reviewed my budget and style preference and in a jiffy she was back with her hands full of gorgeous gowns. As I tried them on each felt more and more beautiful then the next. Ugh... this was going to be so hard. That is until of course I found "the one". I must say you know how everyone says that feeling in the movies is a bunch of nonsense and you really won't crumble to a ball of happy tears? Well.. whoever told you that LIED! I had found my dress... the dress I would marry my best friend in. I had never felt more beautiful, I cried.. Mom cried...my aunt cried.. I'm pretty sure other bride's entourage's were brought to tears. The owner Beth had walked over and placed a veil on my head and that was it, we were all sold! Chi-ching slide the credit card this is the dress.Now I will be honest, singing birds do not come and dress me each morning and we did have a minor hip-cup after purchase, but like true great customer service I had the opportunity to discuss the matter with the owner directly and it was quickly resolved, thus the never ending rainbows. I can't wait to go back and try it on once more after all the alterations. I will be sure to write a review in regards to that process as well, for now a huge THANK YOU!

Pamela · Married on 07/28/2018

I had the best experience when I went to rennaissnace Bridal. My consultant went above and beyond to make time for me and stayed till after they closed to continue helping me find my dress. This was my first visit and I walked out of there with a dress I loved and the best experience. She gave me so much advice and worked with my budget. My experience with rennainsance has been excellent! I thought I wasnt going to be able to find dresses within my budget but I was so wrong! Check them out weddings, Proms,formals!

Brooke · Married on 07/07/2018

WOW! I am still glowing after my experience yesterday (7/13/17) at Renaissance Bridal to find and purchase my wedding dress! They were so accommodating when I called to change my appointment time and when we arrived we were greeted with welcoming faces and offered mimosas to start our morning off right. Immediately walking into the store I knew this would be the place I found MY DRESS! Julia was my consultant and she did an excellent job running the appointment. She took the time to sit down with me at the beginning of the process to learn about my style, my likes, our wedding venue, and all other intricate details. She quickly pulled dresses that were exactly what I was looking for. The very first dress she put me in was great! She nailed it - that dress was "ME". After trying on a few others, I kept going back to the first one. She told me she had another dress similar to the one I loved that she wanted me to try as well! As soon as I put that dress on I was in love! We switched back and forth between the two in order to compare them back to back. Then Julia suggested we try adding a strap to the dress. GAME CHANGER! This little detail made all the difference and quickly helped me decides YES, we found THE ONE!!!! Many other staff members all agreed this dress was stunning for me and the owners offered us Champagne to celebrate!

We were not quite done yet. Before leaving we wanted to check out what Bridesmaid dresses they had to offer. I was able to find the perfect colors for my girls and my Matron of Honor even found her dress too all in the same day! I cannot wait to bring the rest of my girls back to the store to pick out their dresses. I had a wonderful experience at Renaissance Bridal and would absolutely recommend this shop to any bride looking for their perfect dress!

Hannah · Married on 05/27/2018

Let me bring you along on my journey. My fiancé is joining the AF, and last minute we decided to bump up our wedding leaving ourselves with 30 days to plan (crazy I know). Im thinking I’ll have no options and accept the fate I’ll be walking down in a dress I feel mediocre in AT BEST. I had gone to Renaissance before and knew if I had enough time, it’d be where Id want to get my wedding dress but simply didn’t the it’d be possible with 30 days before the big day.

Some god spoken feeling told me to call them, and they were a gift from the good Lord himself. John, his wife, and my consultant Julia were SO pleasant. Greeted my mom and I with mimosas and brought out dresses that could be bought off the rack that fit me like a glove. I walked out with my dream dress/viel, and my mom was able to get a beautiful MOB dress as well.

I sit here still in shock that I have the dress I would have wanted even if I had light years to plan a wedding.

They gave an experience to me every bride deserves when finding a dress and one that no other dress store could compare with.

Joy · Married on 05/18/2018

My daughter and I had only had 6 weeks until her boyfriends Prom. We are from Maryland. We started in Maryland and ended here at Renaissance Bridal & Prom. In 3 weeks we visited 12 stores. In all 12 stores we found a "maybe dress" as a fall back in Westminster, Maryland. Then we came to Renaissance and found 3 dresses that we had a hard time choosing from!!! This place is amazing! The staff was super helpful without being pushy, the selection is the best! Honestly, I wish we had just come here first. We could've saved so much time and energy.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Renaissance Bridals and Prom's reply:

Our sincere pleasure to help your daughter find "the one".
    She's going to look amazing at her prom!!
    Thanks again for your kind words.

Deb · Married on 04/21/2018

I am very happy that I was able to find my wedding dress here! The staff were all very friendly and truly interested in my happiness. The only thing that would have been more helpful would be for them to have an onsite seamstress for alterations. Other than that, I recommend this dress shop to anyone looking for wedding dresses!

• User3543926 · 1+ year ago

I have done my dress shopping year since homecoming my freshman year of high school. Renaissance always has something beautiful and unique to make you stand out on your special day. The owners are great! Beth is especially helpful! Will continue coming back to shop!

Gloria · Married on 11/12/2017

I purchased my wedding dress at the beginning of the year at a sale event. Everyone was super helpful and I had a great experience. I ended up buying the first dress and veil that I tried on!! I would recommend any bride to at least stop by and take a look! Great selection!!

Renaissance Bridals and Prom 10
    Renaissance Bridals and Prom 11

Jalissa · Married on 11/11/2017

I have gone to Renaissance Bridal for two dresses so far. One for the Miss Pennsylvania Pageant and the other for my WEDDING DAY! My pageant dress was entirely and exactly what I asked for. As far as my wedding dress goes, its the absolute opposite of what I had envisioned for myself; however, for all the right reasons. Deborah specifically asked me what I wanted and she pulled multiple dresses that I requested. I started to feel as though my vision didn't match my satisfaction when I actually had the dresses on me. Deborah asked me what I liked and what I didn't like after EVERY dress I had on which helped her filter out the dresses that just didn't work. She listened to every word I said. I tried on (I think) 6-8 dresses and I was stuck between two of them. Deborah was EXTREMELY patient with me because I think I tried both dresses on 3 different times and she continued to ask me questions to help with my decision. I finally came to a conclusion and my dress is absolutely flawless. It was $1200 and I could have sworn it was going to be more. I am SO OBSESSED with it and I wouldn't have known that the one I fell in love with was the COMPLETE opposite of what I originally wanted. Her assistants and the owner were there too and their feedback wasn't persuasive to either dress, they continued to make it all about MY decision. I felt so comfortable there, the staff was extremely welcoming and Deborah made her entire time working with me, all about me. I STRONGLY suggest Renaissance Bridal because they are so professional, personal, and LOVE what they do!

Kayla · Married on 10/28/2017

I had looked in over ten stores and this store took my breath away! Walked away with my dream dress and got treated like an absolute princess. Great selection!

Kayla · Married on 10/28/2017

After trying on close to 100 dresses at other bridal locations all around Baltimore I didn't think Renaissance would be much different, but I was wrong! From the moment I walked in (with my mother and maid of honor) I could tell that their selection was specially curated. I instantly picked up multiple gowns to try on and knew the moment I tried on my gown that is was THE ONE. The service was outstanding and we celebrated with a champagne toast. Do not hesitate to check out there amazing bridal gown selection!

Renaissance Bridals and Prom 12

mary anne · Married on 07/22/2017

By far the most accommodating , pleasant bridal shop I have ever been to. Been to several others thru the years. This place is the best!

• Kassidy

Kassidy · Married on 07/08/2017

I got my wedding dress with Renaissance over the summer and Deborah was incredibly helpful! I came in wanting a fitted gown and ended up getting a ball gown. I also got a formal dress and I absolutely love it :)

Hayley · Married on 05/20/2017

Renaissance Bridal is a wonderful store! I bought my wedding dress here for my wedding back in May. The funny thing is, I didn't go to the store with the intention to buy my dress there! My mother was looking for her dress and we decided to check out Renaissance Bridal, that was the first time we went. There, our consultant was Abby, we looked at dresses for my mother but unfortunately did not find one. Abby suggested we look at wedding dresses for fun and low and behold we found my dress! It was so much fun! I didn't expect to find my dress so we looked at some dresses I probably wouldn't have tried on just for the fun of it and it worked out! I can't thank Abby enough for convincing me to try dresses on! Because my experience with my bridal dress was so great we decided to go back a second, third and fourth time to look for Mother of the Bride/ Groom dresses and Accessories! I would recommend going to any of their events, they have such a large section you are certain to find what you are looking for! It took my mother more stores and dresses to find her dress than it did mine! We looked at Renaissance I think 3 times for her and luckily the last time we found it! I had the best experiences there and would recommend this store to anyone and everyone!

Renaissance Bridals and Prom 13