Renaissance Albany Hotel Reviews

13 Reviews for Renaissance Albany Hotel

• Anita

Anita · Getting married on 12/31/2019

The best venue

I wish it was easy to write a review regarding my service from Kelly-Jean, it isn't. She has been very helpful and accommodating since the first time I met her. We decided on The Renaissance based solely on our conversation with Kelly and her ability to add to our dream of the perfect wedding. I feel as if a friend is helping me to plan my wedding. She's helps to keep me on track with the small things I overlook, always has a recommendation for someone to help with every new idea I come up with. Often refining and representing it for more "WOW" effect. I would recommend Kelly and The Renaissance to anyone looking for a quality venue with professional service.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • David

David Lomascolo · Married on 04/05/2019

Renaissance is the best for weddings

We had an amazing experience with the Renaissance Hotel in Albany. If you are getting married anywhere in downtown Albany, the Renaissance is your spot. The restaurant had amazing food for my groomsmen and the governor's suite was CLUTCH for the bridal party. Kelly was on point from the day we booked the hotel rooms and booked the Shelf for our rehearsal dinner. Contact Kelly for all your needs to be met. We can't thank them enough for all that they did for us. They accommodated our guests from start to finish and they even brought us a cooler to put food and beer on when we didn't have enough space in the suite! Hands down best decision we made for our wedding location.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Renaissance Albany Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It trully was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us for such a special occasion! Best wishes!
  • Andrea

Andrea Celli / Nick Zetivogel · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent - must have Kelly Jeannmarie as your manager!!

The venue is spectacular -truly unique. Not only that, the event manager Kelly is first rate - honestly, she asked every possible question, offered great suggestions, was always upbeat and implemented all of my personalized details to a T! We loved her and even our guests commented on how attentive she was!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Peggy · Married on 09/15/2018

The Renaissance was fabulous!!! All our guests who stayed at the Renaissance were very impressed by the renovation of the hotel, the atmosphere and of course the outstanding service! Kelly Jeanmaire was a complete pleasure to work with! Her professional, kind and very organized service left us with no worries that our guests would completely enjoy their stay. It was very comfortable for the wedding party to get ready there, the rooms were so spacious it was easy for all 11 women to get their hair and makeup done with 2 adjoining rooms. The hotel is beautiful - my daughter and her husband did photos in the lobby on the gorgeous staircase before their first look and it was simply elegant. I highly recommend the Renaissance Hotel!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Renaissance Albany Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words Peggy! We are so happy that your stay with us at the Renaissance Albany Hotel was great and truly enjoyed having you and your family with us! Thank you!

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2018

We had the absolute BEST experience with the Renaissance Hotel, and with Kelly in particular. My husband and I had a unique vision for our wedding: 10 people, but still a special and classic ceremony to remember. Kelly made that happen, down to every last detail. She listened to what we wanted and found us the perfect room in the hotel (the Hyland Library), provided us with different room layout options, gave us a list of all the best places to take photographs around the hotel (which is gorgeous, by the way) and surrounding area, and was involved hands-on both the day before and the day of the wedding. Kelly made sure that we had access to the Hyland Library for as long as possible so that we could set up for the ceremony with our chosen décor. From the very first interaction that we had to after our wedding, Kelly let us know that she was there for us if we needed anything at all. She truly came through. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Renaissance Albany Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jessica. We are very happy that we were able to be a part of your wedding day and make your vision come true. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Best wishes!

Paul · Married on 08/04/2018

We had a great reception at the Renaissance Hotel. Kelly Jeanmaire was very professional and responsive. The hotel is very accommodating and helpful whenever we required specific instructions and specific tasks to be done. The event space is amazing and the catering staff is very professional and friendly. Our guests had a marvelous time. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for an elegant place to hold their reception.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Grace · Married on 06/23/2018

The Renaissance was a great hotel to plan with and stay with during our wedding weekend! The rooms and facilities are modern, clean, and spacious, and all of our guests enjoyed their stay. The staff was very helpful, accommodating special needs, passing out welcome bags, and coordinating with us. We also held our rehearsal dinner in “The Shelf” room. Kelly Jeanmaire was very helpful and responsive during the planning process for our rehearsal dinner, and it was a great event with delicious food. We will continue to use and recommend the Renaissance!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Stacey · Married on 04/21/2018

We had the most amazing wedding here! Truly Kelly JeanMarie was awesome and she got our vision 100%. I am so pleased with our entire experience! After our bakery cancelled, Kelly got us the BEST baker to replace them. She made sure everything matched what we wanted 100% from timing to set up to making sure things didn't get lost along the way to making sure our parents had a shuttle to take us over to the capital for pictures. Wonderful Job! And of course the Renaissance is BEAUTIFUL. The ballroom is an architectural wonder and I knew we had to have the space the moment I stepped inside. It was gorgeous. The Renaissance also only does one event per day, so you're not rushed, the staff was super friendly and genuinely excited to work our wedding. We had great service everywhere from the bar, to the spa to the servers! And the food, my god EAT HERE! We had a fantastic brunch and everyone raved about the food. So good and everyone was stuffed happily when they left. My aunt is gluten-free and they even made a special plate of french toast for her! (we had a brunch). Love, love love. If I had the opportunity to do it all over, I wouldn't change a thing. Great job, cannot recommend enough.

For pics, please see out photographer's link below (she's fantastic too!).:http://www.amberbauhoffphotography.com/single-post/2018/04/26/Will-Staceys-Renaissance-Hotel-Wedding

Sent on 04/28/2018

Stacey & Will,
    Thank you for this review. We are delighted that your experience with the Renaissance Albany Hotel was great and truly look forward to having you come again!
    The Renaissance Albany Hotel team.

Ashton · Married on 09/23/2017

We just had our wedding at the Renaissance on 9/23/17. The ballroom was GORGEOUS and I highly recommend going to visit in person. We had a lot of out of town guests and booked about 30 rooms. Our guests kept complimenting the venue and they loved their hotel rooms because they are very spacious with amazing views. Many of our guests loved that during the day they could get out and around the city very easily. Kim Ryan, our sales manager, was very accommodating-we had originally invited 186 guests (a small country!) which was tight for the ballroom but Kim was willing to make it work for us, luckily we a little less than 165 attend so we had plenty of room! The food was great and everyone keeps telling me it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Renaissance Albany Hotel's reply:

Thank you, Ashton and Jay ! Your wedding was stunning and our team appreciates your kind words. We hope your day was all you could have imagined. Thank you to both of you, and your families, for making Renaissance Albany your perfect venue! Wishing you the very best! ~ Kim Ryan and Team at RenaissnanceAlbany(NY) Hotel!

Danielle · Married on 12/30/2016

The advice that I would give is to, 1. go visit the hotel in person. The images online are lovely, but they do not do entrance way, ballroom, or any of the rooms, justice. The hotel is beautiful. Our wedding photos are stunning and a lot of it has to do with the hotel itself. 2. Speak with Kim Ryan. She's great! Kim is experienced, knowledgeable, and most importantly, a great listener. I always felt like our wedding was a priority and that she had our best interests in mind.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Renaissance Albany Hotel's reply:

Thank you, thank you, Danielle ! What a fun and lovely Christmas wedding ceremony ( with laughter ) and reception ! We appreciated having your trust in Albany from your home to put all your thoughts together - over many, many emails ! It was a great day for both of you - even WITH your happy tears ! Best to you and your husband !

Andria · Married on 10/28/2016

Great service, amazing food, beautiful venue and easy to work with.

Sent on 01/13/2017

david · Married on 09/24/2016

We had our wedding at the Renaissence in Sept of '16. A bit of a weekend destination event, so we really took advantage of everything the hotel (and surrounding area) had to offer. Everything was exceptional... the food was amazing (make sure you attend a tasting prior), the staff was excellent, guest rooms are new, clean and spacious. Kim, the event coordinator is amazing and a life saver. They were flexible to the end, accommodating late changes. lastly, the ballroom... classic, beautiful. Perfect.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Renaissance Albany Hotel's reply:

Thank you, Dave and Katie ! It was not only a pleasure but an honor to be your chosen venue for your most special day ! On behalf of the Renaissance Albany team, Thank You, both, for choosing a new hotel / venue for your wedding day / weekend! ---- Kimberly Ryan, Sales Manager

Michele Beaulac · Married on 11/10/2018

Room at the Hotel for the Bridal Party to get ready in!

I’m sorry it took me soo long to write this review. I would like to thank Kelly Jeanmaire for creating a wonderful experience for my daughter Rachel and her bridesmaids to get ready in on her wedding day at the Renaissance Hotel. The Library Room was perfect in every way! The lighting was great, the size was wonderful and the girls from Spa One (who did everyone's make-up) had awesome, spacious spots and gave the room rave reviews! Also, Catherine (who was assigned to us and works at the hotel), was a delightful addition the day of. She was beyond helpful, kind and very enjoyable! We couldn’t have asked for a nicer person to share the morning with at the hotel. She went above and beyond in every avenue to assist us with the smallest of details. Please let her know how much we appreciated her that day!!

Again, thank you Kelly from the bottom of my heart for being a true professional and for being the BEST at your job! The hotel is lucky to have you!!

Michele Beaulac