Reedville Catering Reviews

48 | Hillsboro, OR

48 Reviews for Reedville Catering

48 Reedville Catering Reviews

Jenna · Married on 09/09/2017

Reedville blew us away at our initial tasting, and they followed through with an expertly and deliciously executed event. As foodies, we wanted our wedding guests to enjoy a truly tasty meal, not stereotypically banal and dry wedding food. Reedville came up with a great menu that “pleased the masses” while also taking the flavors and presentation to the next level. Compared with the other local caterers we met with, Reedville was comparably priced for what we felt was an improvement in quality (for example, it was the only tasting where we got to speak with the chef). They also worked with us to come up with custom themed-appetizer stations that really made our event feel unique. The best part of our experience was with the dessert! Reedville’s Pastry Chef Emma baked the most amazing spread of cookies, complete with a two layer, buttercream-frosted chocolate chip cookie cake! I’ve never seen a quicker rush to the wedding dessert table. Logistically, the event planners we worked with were very prompt and communicative by email. Overall, we highly recommend Reedville based on their professionalism and extreme deliciousness.

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

Choose Reedville first! Rachelle was fabulous to work with and the day of team were absolutely amazing. Everyone was so nice and efficient. Reedville saved our day! Thank you for everything!!!

Lindsey · Married on 08/20/2017

We worked with Rachelle for our whole wedding and she was amazing. The food was so so good and the staff serving our wedding was professional and friendly.

Natasha · Married on 07/14/2017

We worked with Reedville Catering for our food, alcohol, and wedding cake. We were so pleased with how everything turned out. The food was amazing, as we received so many compliments on how fresh and delicious everything tasted. We opted for family style serving, and I think the guests really enjoyed that option. Emma designed and created our cake, it turned out lovely and she incorporated all of the inspiration photos I sent her way.

Rachelle was very flexible with our needs. We live in WA state and had to drive down for our tasting, she came in on a weekend and made that happen. We were so impressed with how much she worked to alter or menu to get it just right for our needs.

Very, very pleased with our Reedville experience, will definitely be using them in the future for any events, and will recommend to friends/family.

Elsie · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I recently got married July 1, 2017 in Astoria, Oregon. We were planning our wedding long distance, from Vancouver, BC - so we were extremely nervous given that we'd be hiring vendors long distance and pretty much not meeting anyone until the day of. Let me just say this: hiring Reedville for our catering was the best decision we made. Rachelle, our event coordinator, was just great. She was very attentive, kind and patient as we went back and forth on menu items, and extremely helpful, with attention to details even I had not thought of. Right from the start, chatting and emailing with her helped put my mind at ease. She anticipated our every need, addressed every question and request. We ended up being able to visit in person once for a tasting and I felt so welcome and pampered - the chef and baker came out to introduce themselves personally. On our wedding day, the catering staff were fantastic - kind, friendly and very professional - everything, and I mean, everything was SO good and the way the food was displayed was just gorgeous. We're STILL hearing from guests how tasty everything was! Reedville really went above and beyond to ensure we got everything we wanted, down to the very last detail. My husband and I agreed early on that we wanted the bulk of our budget to go towards offering good food and drink to our guests. Reedville delivered and are worth every penny! I cannot thank them enough for helping make our wedding day so wonderful and special. Hire Reedville now and put your mind at ease that everything will be done professionally, perfectly, worry-free and to your liking!

Dana · Married on 06/23/2017

Reedville Catering was the caterer at our wedding and it was absolutely perfect! The food was delicious (a taco bar) as well as our wedding cakes (thank you Emma!!)! The staff are so easy to work with and really did their best to make sure our wedding was how we envisioned it! I also have food allergies, and they did their best to be as accommodating as they could be. We received quick responses and I was able to email Rachelle (our point of contact) with any questions! So helpful! We will definitely go through Reedville Catering for any other events! We highly recommend Reedville Catering!

Clare · Married on 01/08/2017

Reedville catering did an amazing job for our wedding! Despite weather issues they still turned up on time! The food looked and tasted amazing and the staff were super friendly and helpful. All of our guests commented on the food!
    In the run up to the wedding their email correspondence was friendly, thorough and prompt- they reply quickly and cannot do enough to help you plan the perfect menu for your wedding!
    Would definitely recommend for Weddings!!

Kathryn · Married on 09/10/2016

We are 100% happy with Reedville as our choice for catering for our outdoor/backyard wedding, and we heard nothing but great things from our guests as well. The whole planning process was smooth, communication was perfect and timely, and the food and drinks were wonderful! We cannot recommend them enough!

Nina · Married on 09/27/2015

I AM SO HAPPY about our wedding and Reedville's (especially Amy's) help throughout the entire process. We began planning in December for our September wedding, and decided on Reedville as our caterer right away in January.

Planning process: Because we were planning the wedding from across the country, we needed our vendors to be quick to respond and attentive to details---we got just that from Reedville! We actually began our planning with not Amy, but with Codi, who was so incredible, creative, and detailed that we decided to keep her on as our day-of coordinator once we learned that she was moving to another city for another position! And then, when Amy took over our event upon Codi's departure, we were in awe of the level of service all around at Reedville!

Wedding day: Faun was our day-of catering event lead. She was so great, and has our immense gratitude. Everyone on the catering team was so accommodating, fun, and willing to help with whatever. They made everything run so smoothly, even during clean up, which allowed me to dance worry-free right until the very end! I owe them, and Amy and Faun, a big hug. It was truly the wedding of our dreams, and we couldn't have done it without them.

Food was great, service was impeccable. And by the way, the cost is a fraction of the quote I received from some of the other caterers we tried, even though the food was by far the best here. Very flexible; Reedville will work with you regardless of your budget limits. I can't recommend them enough. Thank you, thank you!!!

• MS4

Meredith · Married on 09/19/2015

I can't say enough to express my thanks to Reedville Catering! Working with Amy through the planning process was a breeze, even from 3,000 miles away. The menu was perfect and accommodated all of my guests' multifarious food restrictions without making anyone feel like they were eating an afterthought. The day of couldn't have gone more smoothly, either. Set up was taken care of before I knew it, and the meal was absolute perfection. I found out that the chef worked with my dad to pull veggies and herbs from my family's garden to add a special, personal touch. Everyone involved was a pleasure to work with, and I hope I have the opportunity to do so again! All my thanks to everyone who worked so hard and did such a magnificent job for my wedding!

I've worked with Reedville Catering on multiple occasions. I have been both a planner and client of theirs and have been nothing short of impressed with their team. It is obvious that they are always willing to rise expectations. The food is great, their staff is considerate, as a whole they are extremely professional. I always look forward to opportunities to work with them and cannot recommend them enough!

Anne · Married on 09/12/2015

Working with Reedville was a really great experience and I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event! We worked primarily with Amy, and she was always very responsive.

We initially thought we wanted a traditional plated dinner, and even had a tasting at the Reedville location, but after discussing our options with Amy, we decided to go a different route and do a taco bar! Amy was super excited about the option, which helped us feel like we were choosing the option that would be the most fun for our guests. We really wanted to capture the food cart style of Portland, and Amy helped our "street food" vision come through. We had a Thai inspired cocktail hour with spring rolls, chicken skewers, and corn fritters. For dinner, we had a taco bar with fillings of barbacoa, carnitas, jerk chicken, and sweet potato/black beans and a million different toppings to mix and match. We had a second tasting a few months before our wedding and the chef and Amy had done a really good job listening to what we wanted and capturing a lot of different flavors with the toppings.

Amy also provided us with a ton of options for beer and wine and she was really helpful in narrowing down which wines we chose from. The only minor critiques I have are that I had mentioned I wanted champagne served all night, but we ran out pretty early on. It would have been helpful if we had received just a little bit more guidance on suggested quantities. It's hard to plan on what people will drink, but pinot noir and pinot gris are really popular and we should have had more of those. I also would have changed how the tortillas at the taco bar were set up, as they were wrapped in tin foil and it wasn't super easy to put together the tacos. Some of the tortillas were falling apart and were not entirely usable in their intended fashion - however, people still raved about the food overall! I keep getting compliments from people for having such a fun alternative to the basic wedding fare.

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2015

They did an excellent job, I cannot tell people enough how much I appriciated their service at my wedding! We had a reception at our house of 200 people complete with appetizers, buffet dinner, and dessert. They worked with us to fit our budget and menu choices and I also really liked the way they did the tasting. We were able the invite our parents so that everyone felt included in the dicission making.

Reedville catering was fantastic! They went above and beyond to help make my wedding day special. On the wedding day, the staff was flexible with the unforeseen rain and kind throughout the entire process. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and professional. And the food was unbelievably delicious and they made everything gluten free! They even roasted a pig and kept it a surprise for my husband until the wedding day! I could not be more impressed with Reedville and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Melissa · Married on 08/08/2015

We talked to several caterers before Reedville for our 40-person backyard wedding. The others were not listening to us. Quotes were coming back wrong, it would take days to get a new one. When we finally got in touch with Reedville, we were really impressed how they nailed everything we asked for. They were professional, friendly, responsive, and the food was fantastic. Our guests were really happy with the food and we were thrilled with the service. I would definitely recommend Reedville.

Megan · Married on 07/19/2015

Amazing food and service. Thank you!

Meggan · Married on 07/17/2015

Guests loved the prime rib and pesto chicken, and the mashed potato bar was a hit!! The servers were great and very attentive, we would recommend Reedville Catering to any friends and family as they were absolutely amazing...AND the food was fantastic! Thank you for being part of our special day, we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Karal · Married on 06/26/2015

I had so many wonderful comments about the food & presentation at the wedding. Very easy and flexible to work with. I interviewed others, Reedville was the best.

Chelsea · Married on 06/06/2015

Amy and the Reedville staff were so wonderful! The food was amazing and we continue to get compliments about it. Amy was our main contact and she was quick to respond to all emails which as a bride was VERY important. I would and will highly recommend them when asked!

Kelly · Married on 06/06/2015

They went above and beyond! They made our day stress free and the food was amazing we're still getting compliments a month later.

Codi and Stephanie were great! Stephanie decorated our cake like a brick building under construction, taking our idea for and running with it - the cake turned out looking awesome and tasting delicious! Codi was friendly and made sure our catering went off with out issues. She even helped us keep ourselves on time during the reception and her and the other staff members packed up our extra food to go. The food was delicious and the presentation of it was very nice.

Codi was organized, friendly, and made sure that everything was in order and ready for our guests, which made us feel more relaxed and comfortable. She also helped us keep our schedule and start our toasts on time! Her and the other staff members packaged our tasty leftovers and sent them home with us - a nice treat. Stephanie took our idea for a construction cake and made a cool brick building under construction scene; the cake looked cool and tasted great!

Amelia · Married on 09/14/2014

The food was absolutely amazing and they were so great at coming up with a vegetarian menu with us. No one even missed the meat. Everyone was raving about the food. The pies we had for dessert were so tasty and everything looked beautiful. The alcohol selection was great and everyone enjoyed the bar. The bartender was very good at telling our coordinator when we were getting close to our bar budget.

The only possible improvement I would have made is that we quoted them 130 people, 125 people arrived and we had JUST enough food. No one was starving or anything, but I would always rather have too much food available at an event than not enough.

They made me feel so taken care of and listened to. It is so great when everyone tells you how much they loved your wedding, and a large part of that was due to Reedville Catering.

Deborah · Married on 08/09/2014

The desserts and wedding cake that Stephanie made for us were incredible. Stephanie created and designed our cake using all fresh ingredients including fresh fruit. The cake melted in our mouths. All the tarts, torts, chocolate covered strawberries and cupcakes were divine. Their creativity and customer service far surpassed our expectations.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Reedville Catering's reply:

Hi Deborah, Thanks so much for the great comments and review! We really enjoyed working with you and David and glad we could help make your day special! We wish you health and happiness together! -Reedville Catering Team