Red Velvet Event DJ's Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Athena
    Athena C. Married on 01/20/2022

Cris was amazing!

Cris is great! He was extremely responsive and helpful in the beginning process. He also helped ease our nerves by being very professional and organized on the day of, we would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to listen to great music and be completely worry free when it comes to your big day (or any event)!
  • Nadia
    Nadia M. Married on 10/01/2021

Bride & Groom

Cris was always great with communicating. He was very down to earth and personable, which made it an easy choice. Cris was our DJ for our wedding and he was AMAZING! He stuck to the schedule, was relaxed with any changes that were made, and checked in throughout the night to ensure everything was going as planned. Everyone complimented how amazing the music was and our dance floor was packed all night! Cris really knew how to play to the crowd! You can not go wrong with Red Velvet DJ's as your DJ!
    Rosalyn C. Married on 09/17/2021

Amazing Experience!

We wanted our reception to be very casual, fun, and relaxed. Chris was instrumental in helping us create a timeline for the flow of the cocktail hour, dinner, and reception, and we greatly appreciated his experience and guidance in laying everything out. He kept the evening on schedule and was flexible if we wanted to spend more time visiting with guests, etc. His selection of music created the perfect vibe and he promptly played requests from our guests. I would highly recommend Red Velvet DJ!!
    Angela O. Married on 09/10/2021

Red Velvet DJ's should be your pick!

I cannot tell you how nervous I was to hire someone I didn't know at all to basically control how my evening was going to go, but that all went away once I had my first phone call with Cris!! He is very professional and knows exactly what he's doing. He's very organized and well put together!! The day of Cris and his team were on time, professional, calm, and kept things flowing the way I only dreamed about my day! I couldn't be more enthusiastic when I say "Hire, Red Velvet DJs for your day!! You will NOT be disappointed!!"
    Megan K. Married on 07/12/2021

Perfect DJ for our NYE Wedding!

Cris was absolutely amazing and I am so, so happy we went with Red Velvet for our NYE wedding! The uplighting was beautiful and Cris did a fantastic job reading our guests and keeping our dance floor filled all night long. He was so helpful in keeping the day running smoothly and we couldn't even imagine our wedding without his help
  • Jasmin
    Jasmin O. Married on 05/16/2021

Excellent DJ!!

Cris is so great at what he does. From the moment I reached out to him he was friendly and eager to work with us. He was super flexible with us as our wedding day timeline changed due to covid restrictions being lifted.
    On the day of our wedding he showed up super early, helped keep us on time, played all of our requested songs, and seamlessly made announcements. Also my guests loved his DJ skills on the dance floor!!
    I'm so happy that Cris will be DJing for my friend's wedding in July, and I definitely recommend him to anyone getting married.
    Lauren W. Married on 04/30/2021

Hire Cris Immediately!!!

Like many couples who altered their plans in response to COVID, we ended up completely shifting our wedding plans (including a relocation from Chicago to SoCal) and having a 30 guest wedding in Temecula, CA in April 2021. We found Cris and immediately hit it off - he's SO responsive, friendly, chill, and just a really cool guy. We knew he was the perfect fit to DJ our wedding. The day/night was perfect and Cris did an amazing job keeping us organized and getting everyone on the dance floor. Our venue loved working with him so much that they added him to their recommended vendor list! Cannot recommend Cris & Red Velvet DJ enough!
  • Jenna
    Jenna O. Married on 11/14/2020

Our favorite vendor to work with!

This review is long overdue! I cannot recommend Red Velvet Dj’s enough. So professional, easy going, calm and collected. All the things you need to make a wedding run smoothly and keep a bride calm as well :) Cris is very communicative and so polite and kind. Everything was perfect. He was honestly perfect at reading the crowd and knowing exactly what to ply and when to play it. I had so much fun! You will be doing yourself a Favor by hiring Cris for your event!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/10/2020

Cris is the man!!

Cris was my absolute favorite vendor to work with! 5 weeks before our wedding, our original DJ cancelled on us due to COVID and by some miracle, Cris was available. Let me tell you, I am so grateful he was! Cris sent over a very detailed template for the flow of the night and went over it with us a couple weeks before the wedding via Zoom. We knew instantly he was going to fit perfectly for us! He checked in with us all throughout the night (whether we were on schedule or not) played the perfect mix for everyone there, did a phenomenal job as an Emcee hitting all of the important moments, and really kicked off the party! The dance floor was packed instantly! He was extremely professional but also such a fun person to just chat with. My husband and I took a picture with him, and he even let me try out the turn table 😁 He also took my special request of mixing 2 songs for the Father/Daughter dance and executed it to perfection.
    We are so extremely happy we chose Cris to complete our special day! Thank you times a million Cris. The next day, we already had guests asking how we found such an awesome DJ!
    Natalie L. Married on 08/07/2020

Botonical Garden Wedding

We LOVED Cris at Red Velvet DJ! He was incredibly accommodating and by far the most helpful out of all the vendors we hired for our wedding. His response time was great when we contacted him with questions which made us feel like he really appreciated us as clients. His level of experience also put our minds at ease, something very important on your big day!
    The price was fabulous so we really feel like we got the best bang for our buck considering the great service we received. Cris was recommended to us by one of his former clients, and we recommended him on to a couple we know who is getting married soon and will now be using Cris as well! I think this speaks for itself.
    Aaron H. Married on 08/01/2020

Oustanding DJ made our night

It was such a pleasure to work with Cris. Looking back on our wedding, with all of the moving pieces, Cris was someone we counted on for the sound at the ceremony, dinner music, and dancing and he delivered! It was seamless. Above all, Cris is a DJ. Not one of those hoaky wedding DJs--- he is an artist and is impressive. Having a DJ of his caliber will make a difference!

We hosted less than 45 people due to the pandemic. The ceremony was in a boathouse on the beach and the reception was up the hill. Cris set up a really strong sound system for the ceremony, and played the music we asked for and it was perfectly timed for the processional and recessional.

After the cocktail reception Cris was already ready to go up in the hill for introductions and toasts. He worked closely with us on the sequence of events for the reception, gave us suggestions based on his experience, and everything went just as we envisioned.

As far as a DJ, we gave Cris a bunch of “do not play” songs and a few “must play.” He delivered. The party did not stop, he mixed songs in perfectly, and moved effortlessly among the many different genres that we like. One of my cousins, who is a sound engineer, remarked, “this guy knows what he’s doing!”

In short, if you’re stressed about logistics or nervous about people dancing, hire Cris and take that stress out of the equation. He is someone you can trust and he will turn the wedding into a party.
  • Kylie
    Kylie B. Married on 05/16/2020

The absolute BEST

Cris is the PERFECT addition to your wedding day. We could not have been happier with the experience we had with Cris (and his sweet father) on our wedding day. From the original consult, to the unfortunate postponement (when he STILL offered to come back to IL and absolutely kill it at his job), to the big day - we are truly amazed with the talents that Cris has in the wedding entertainment realm. Cris really does feel the crowd and plays your requests while making sure to leave his touch on them. From the ceremony, to cocktail hour and the reception, Cris did not skip a beat. We paid the extra to rent his photobooth as well - and LET ME TELL YOU, our families and friends could not get enough of it. Well worth it and so well maintained by Cris. We loved that he provided a USB at the end of the night for us to look at (and laugh at) all of the photos taken during the night.

He is so incredibly good at his job while remaining professional and personable. He made sure to always be responsive and answered any questions I had, as well as really helping keep us on a good schedule throughout the night. California is lucky to have him and his talents! We would recommend Cris to every single person needing entertainment for their wedding!
    Kenneth Married on 02/29/2020

Great DJ for our wedding

Cris did a great job DJing our wedding. He was professional throughout the planning process. He was able to answer our questions honestly without trying to upsell us. During the reception, he kept the program flowing smoothly. Our dancefloor was packed almost the entire night, and we got a ton of compliments on our music. Overall, working with Cris was easy, and we were very happy with the quality.
    Kathy B. Married on 02/07/2020

Awesome DJ!

We got married at the beginning of February and used Red Velvet DJ for our reception. Our DJ was Cris, and he was outstanding. We gave him a short list of “have to play” songs, and he filled in the rest with essentially perfect music for the crowd and occasion. I don’t think there was a single moment where the dance floor was empty. Everything went well with the microphones for speeches, pacing, music, or volume, and he even checked on us occasionally throughout the night to make sure everything was going as we wanted. One thing we really appreciated was that he was able to blend in music suggestions from our guests! It really helped to make the night more personal and fun. Also, we went with a package that included the photobooth, and it was an absolute hit! Our guests had a ton of fun. Plus, we got a USB stick with copies of all the pictures, at the end of the night! We would definitely recommend Red Velvet DJ for anyone else looking for a wedding DJ!
    Amy V. Married on 12/04/2019

My wedding on 4/12/19

My wedding was on 4/12/19 and i hired Red Velvet DJ as our DJ & photo booth vendor. Cris (the owner of the company) was the DJ on our wedding day. He got all my guests on the dance floor and had I know they all had a great time. I am so glad that we had a chance to work with him. The whole process to plan for our wedding (music for ceremony and reception) was super easy. He did play all the songs that i picked.
    The photobooth was so much fun. I loved the white backdrop that Cris recommended for us because it looks amazing on photos. He gave me an USB that has all digital photos that were taken from the photobooth and i'm pretty impressed by the quality of those photos.

I highly recommended new couples to hire Red Velvet DJ, especially Cris. He is such an amazing guy, super friendly and nice, easy to work with.

Thank you Cris.
    Rebecca T. Married on 12/01/2019

Winter Wedding

I highly recommend hiring Red Velvet DJ for your wedding! Cris was our DJ & Emcee, and we have nothing but good things to say about him! I planned the majority of our wedding on my own and he was hands down my favorite vendor to work with. He responded to my emails quickly, which helped a lot during the planning process. We only met once prior to our wedding, but it was more than enough. He followed up with us hours after meeting and even helped us fix our reception timeline to make the night flow better. The day of the wedding everything was excellent. We are extremely happy and grateful for the incredible work Cris did!
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie G. Married on 09/28/2019

High energy dj!

Cris was an awesome dj at our 9/28/2019 wedding! He played all my songs and then some! I loved that he didn’t insist on paying the whole song. He knew just when to transition into something else. He even let my brother press the air horn button! He was also a great emcee and kept the party moving. From our first meeting with Cris he had such a fun cool vibe. Everyone thought he was perfect for my wedding! He answered emails quickly and was great at communicating. I definitely recommend!!!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 08/16/2019

Amazing DJ!

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. Cris was a flawless MC and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. I actually said to a bridesmaid “I need a dancing break but he keeps playing songs I love!”. If I’m ever in need of a DJ in the future, he’ll be the first one I call.
  • P Hultmark
    P Hultmark Married on 05/31/2019

Great DJ! Awesome Night!

Cris did an amazing job before and at our wedding! He really took the time to get to know us to play our taste in music, and he did an amazing job of reading the crowd on the fly to keep the party going all night! Thanks Cris!
    Lorrin Married on 05/10/2019

Highly recommend!

Red Velvet Entertainment was amazing to work with! Cris was one of the first vendors we booked with, over a year out from our wedding in May 2019. He was so easy to work with, and has obvious passion for is work as a DJ! He walked us through the process, and gave us all of the tools needed to build our playlists (and "no" playlists), as well as setting up the timeline for the event. His service is extremely affordable and straight forward, which was a breath of fresh air after researching MANY other larger, commercialized companies in the Chicago area. Cris is professional, easy to work with, communicative, reliable and outgoing - he kept the party going the whole night, and knew exactly when to transition into different songs. We really enjoyed working with Cris, and I would HIGHLY recommend Red Velvet Entertainment! Thank you for all of your help to make our wedding reception a blast!
    Janelle L. Married on 05/04/2019

Outdoor Spring Wedding

Red Velvet DJ deserves 10 stars!

Cris was always structured and helped us through all the planning. He had a detailed template for us to fill out regarding when and where to do things, make announcements, and dances. We were also able to write our notes into it (i.e get my mom on the dance floor for this one!), and then he actively engaged my guests throughout night. Seamless.

Per our request, he did classical acoustic on my way down the isle, two acoustic songs during the ceremony, and then an upbeat Jack Johnson song on our way out. Nailed it. Cris was SO MUCH FUN! He DJ'd the night away giving me the best night of my life to date. No doubt.

Cris is a professional and genuine person. A sincere pleasure to work with. You work with him once and he's a friend for a lifetime.
    Joseph R. Married on 03/10/2019

6 out of 5 stars - if that was possible

Cris was super friendly, professional, and a fantastic DJ. We gave him a lot of creative license with the music and everyone loved his choice of songs. He definitely knows how to get the party going and keep it going.
    Danielle T. Married on 03/02/2019

Great from beggining to end!

Great DJ = Great music! Our guest were still talking about Cris and his music choices well after our wedding was over. Would highly recommend him to our friends and whomever is in the market for a DJ for their special event!
  • Lydia
    Lydia Married on 01/05/2019

AWESOME experience with DJ Cris Cruz

Cris Cruz was our DJ for our wedding and we are SO glad we chose him for our big day!! He knew exactly when to play certain songs and kept the dance floor poppin throughout the whole night. Even weeks after the wedding, our guests are still telling us how great our DJ was and how much fun they had. During the initial planning process, Cris took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for. He was always quick to respond to all our questions and listened/incorporated our requests for certain songs. All around - it was an absolute pleasure working with Cris. In our initial search for a DJ, we researched and met with many DJs around the area but right when we spoke with Cris - we knew we had to hire him. And we're so glad we did. Make sure you book Cris to be your DJ!