Red Velvet Event DJ's Reviews

74 | Temecula, CA

74 Reviews for Red Velvet Event DJ's

Kenneth B 路 Getting married on 05/02/2022

Great DJ for our wedding

Cris did a great job DJing our wedding. He was professional throughout the planning process. He was able to answer our questions honestly without trying to upsell us. During the reception, he kept the program flowing smoothly. Our dancefloor was packed almost the entire night, and we got a ton of compliments on our music. Overall, working with Cris was easy, and we were very happy with the quality.

Sent on 06/09/2020

Megan Kingsley 路 Getting married on 07/12/2021

Perfect DJ for our NYE Wedding!

Cris was absolutely amazing and I am so, so happy we went with Red Velvet for our NYE wedding! The uplighting was beautiful and Cris did a fantastic job reading our guests and keeping our dance floor filled all night long. He was so helpful in keeping the day running smoothly and we couldn't even imagine our wedding without his help

Sent on 05/24/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany 路 Married on 10/10/2020

Cris is the man!!

Cris was my absolute favorite vendor to work with! 5 weeks before our wedding, our original DJ cancelled on us due to COVID and by some miracle, Cris was available. Let me tell you, I am so grateful he was! Cris sent over a very detailed template for the flow of the night and went over it with us a couple weeks before the wedding via Zoom. We knew instantly he was going to fit perfectly for us! He checked in with us all throughout the night (whether we were on schedule or not) played the perfect mix for everyone there, did a phenomenal job as an Emcee hitting all of the important moments, and really kicked off the party! The dance floor was packed instantly! He was extremely professional but also such a fun person to just chat with. My husband and I took a picture with him, and he even let me try out the turn table 馃榿 He also took my special request of mixing 2 songs for the Father/Daughter dance and executed it to perfection.
    We are so extremely happy we chose Cris to complete our special day! Thank you times a million Cris. The next day, we already had guests asking how we found such an awesome DJ!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Natalie Long 路 Married on 08/07/2020

Botonical Garden Wedding

We LOVED Cris at Red Velvet DJ! He was incredibly accommodating and by far the most helpful out of all the vendors we hired for our wedding. His response time was great when we contacted him with questions which made us feel like he really appreciated us as clients. His level of experience also put our minds at ease, something very important on your big day!
    The price was fabulous so we really feel like we got the best bang for our buck considering the great service we received. Cris was recommended to us by one of his former clients, and we recommended him on to a couple we know who is getting married soon and will now be using Cris as well! I think this speaks for itself.

Sent on 09/14/2020

Kathy Bouldin 路 Married on 07/02/2020

Awesome DJ!

We got married at the beginning of February and used Red Velvet DJ for our reception. Our DJ was Cris, and he was outstanding. We gave him a short list of 鈥渉ave to play鈥 songs, and he filled in the rest with essentially perfect music for the crowd and occasion. I don鈥檛 think there was a single moment where the dance floor was empty. Everything went well with the microphones for speeches, pacing, music, or volume, and he even checked on us occasionally throughout the night to make sure everything was going as we wanted. One thing we really appreciated was that he was able to blend in music suggestions from our guests! It really helped to make the night more personal and fun. Also, we went with a package that included the photobooth, and it was an absolute hit! Our guests had a ton of fun. Plus, we got a USB stick with copies of all the pictures, at the end of the night! We would definitely recommend Red Velvet DJ for anyone else looking for a wedding DJ!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Aaron Hauser 路 Married on 01/08/2020

Oustanding DJ made our night

It was such a pleasure to work with Cris. Looking back on our wedding, with all of the moving pieces, Cris was someone we counted on for the sound at the ceremony, dinner music, and dancing and he delivered! It was seamless. Above all, Cris is a DJ. Not one of those hoaky wedding DJs--- he is an artist and is impressive. Having a DJ of his caliber will make a difference!

We hosted less than 45 people due to the pandemic. The ceremony was in a boathouse on the beach and the reception was up the hill. Cris set up a really strong sound system for the ceremony, and played the music we asked for and it was perfectly timed for the processional and recessional.

After the cocktail reception Cris was already ready to go up in the hill for introductions and toasts. He worked closely with us on the sequence of events for the reception, gave us suggestions based on his experience, and everything went just as we envisioned.

As far as a DJ, we gave Cris a bunch of 鈥渄o not play鈥 songs and a few 鈥渕ust play.鈥 He delivered. The party did not stop, he mixed songs in perfectly, and moved effortlessly among the many different genres that we like. One of my cousins, who is a sound engineer, remarked, 鈥渢his guy knows what he鈥檚 doing!鈥

In short, if you鈥檙e stressed about logistics or nervous about people dancing, hire Cris and take that stress out of the equation. He is someone you can trust and he will turn the wedding into a party.

Sent on 09/10/2020

Amy Vargas 路 Married on 12/04/2019

My wedding on 4/12/19

My wedding was on 4/12/19 and i hired Red Velvet DJ as our DJ & photo booth vendor. Cris (the owner of the company) was the DJ on our wedding day. He got all my guests on the dance floor and had I know they all had a great time. I am so glad that we had a chance to work with him. The whole process to plan for our wedding (music for ceremony and reception) was super easy. He did play all the songs that i picked.
    The photobooth was so much fun. I loved the white backdrop that Cris recommended for us because it looks amazing on photos. He gave me an USB that has all digital photos that were taken from the photobooth and i'm pretty impressed by the quality of those photos.

I highly recommended new couples to hire Red Velvet DJ, especially Cris. He is such an amazing guy, super friendly and nice, easy to work with.

Thank you Cris.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Rebecca Torres 路 Married on 12/01/2019

Winter Wedding

I highly recommend hiring Red Velvet DJ for your wedding! Cris was our DJ & Emcee, and we have nothing but good things to say about him! I planned the majority of our wedding on my own and he was hands down my favorite vendor to work with. He responded to my emails quickly, which helped a lot during the planning process. We only met once prior to our wedding, but it was more than enough. He followed up with us hours after meeting and even helped us fix our reception timeline to make the night flow better. The day of the wedding everything was excellent. We are extremely happy and grateful for the incredible work Cris did!

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie Guardi 路 Married on 09/28/2019

High energy dj!

Cris was an awesome dj at our 9/28/2019 wedding! He played all my songs and then some! I loved that he didn鈥檛 insist on paying the whole song. He knew just when to transition into something else. He even let my brother press the air horn button! He was also a great emcee and kept the party moving. From our first meeting with Cris he had such a fun cool vibe. Everyone thought he was perfect for my wedding! He answered emails quickly and was great at communicating. I definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle 路 Married on 08/16/2019

Amazing DJ!

We couldn鈥檛 have asked for a better DJ. Cris was a flawless MC and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. I actually said to a bridesmaid 鈥淚 need a dancing break but he keeps playing songs I love!鈥. If I鈥檓 ever in need of a DJ in the future, he鈥檒l be the first one I call.

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • P Hultmark

P Hultmark 路 Married on 05/31/2019

Great DJ! Awesome Night!

Cris did an amazing job before and at our wedding! He really took the time to get to know us to play our taste in music, and he did an amazing job of reading the crowd on the fly to keep the party going all night! Thanks Cris!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Lorrin 路 Married on 05/10/2019

Highly recommend!

Red Velvet Entertainment was amazing to work with! Cris was one of the first vendors we booked with, over a year out from our wedding in May 2019. He was so easy to work with, and has obvious passion for is work as a DJ! He walked us through the process, and gave us all of the tools needed to build our playlists (and "no" playlists), as well as setting up the timeline for the event. His service is extremely affordable and straight forward, which was a breath of fresh air after researching MANY other larger, commercialized companies in the Chicago area. Cris is professional, easy to work with, communicative, reliable and outgoing - he kept the party going the whole night, and knew exactly when to transition into different songs. We really enjoyed working with Cris, and I would HIGHLY recommend Red Velvet Entertainment! Thank you for all of your help to make our wedding reception a blast!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Janelle Lee 路 Married on 05/04/2019

Outdoor Spring Wedding

Red Velvet DJ deserves 10 stars!

Cris was always structured and helped us through all the planning. He had a detailed template for us to fill out regarding when and where to do things, make announcements, and dances. We were also able to write our notes into it (i.e get my mom on the dance floor for this one!), and then he actively engaged my guests throughout night. Seamless.

Per our request, he did classical acoustic on my way down the isle, two acoustic songs during the ceremony, and then an upbeat Jack Johnson song on our way out. Nailed it. Cris was SO MUCH FUN! He DJ'd the night away giving me the best night of my life to date. No doubt.

Cris is a professional and genuine person. A sincere pleasure to work with. You work with him once and he's a friend for a lifetime.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Joseph Russell 路 Married on 03/10/2019

6 out of 5 stars - if that was possible

Cris was super friendly, professional, and a fantastic DJ. We gave him a lot of creative license with the music and everyone loved his choice of songs. He definitely knows how to get the party going and keep it going.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Danielle Thatchr 路 Married on 03/02/2019

Great from beggining to end!

Great DJ = Great music! Our guest were still talking about Cris and his music choices well after our wedding was over. Would highly recommend him to our friends and whomever is in the market for a DJ for their special event!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Lydia

Lydia 路 Married on 01/05/2019

AWESOME experience with DJ Cris Cruz

Cris Cruz was our DJ for our wedding and we are SO glad we chose him for our big day!! He knew exactly when to play certain songs and kept the dance floor poppin throughout the whole night. Even weeks after the wedding, our guests are still telling us how great our DJ was and how much fun they had. During the initial planning process, Cris took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for. He was always quick to respond to all our questions and listened/incorporated our requests for certain songs. All around - it was an absolute pleasure working with Cris. In our initial search for a DJ, we researched and met with many DJs around the area but right when we spoke with Cris - we knew we had to hire him. And we're so glad we did. Make sure you book Cris to be your DJ!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Julie 路 Married on 10/05/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Red Velvet Entertainment! So professional, so accommodating, so fun, hard working, great personality, made everything so easy for me when things felt overwhelming! Handled last minute requests seamlessly, additional lighting package was amazing, just thank you so much for everything! It wouldn't have been the same without you. I want to get married again, just so Cris can DJ :)

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Alli

Alli 路 Married on 09/23/2018

Cannot Recommend DJ Red Velvet Enough!

Cris did such an incredible job DJ'ing our wedding! He is professional, fun, organized, and flexible - all the things you'd want in a DJ! He was thorough in helping us prep everything before the wedding and made everything go so smoothly day-of. He came so prepared and ultimately helped make our wedding day perfect! Cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Kasti 路 Married on 09/01/2018

A freaking mazing
    Everyone raves about the DJ and he did an AWESOME job. He even offered to run to target when we thought we needed a cord for our slideshow
    Would recommend 10/10 every single time

Sent on 09/03/2018
  • Kisha

LaKisha 路 Married on 08/11/2018

Cris was AMAZING!!! We could not have found a better DJ to mix our styles of music together, from Hip Hop to Country to Jazz and back to Rap. He was so easy to work with, we just picked our music and he made it the soundtrack of our day! Truly a genuinely nice person! We look forward to using him for other events!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Cassidy 路 Married on 07/13/2018

Very organized and informative. Was able to be patient with me and always had a bright smile! I would highly recommend Cris to anyone and would hire him again for anything. I'm really grateful for all his help!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Gabrielle 路 Married on 07/07/2018

If he is available for your wedding or event--BOOK HIM!!!!!!!Cris was literally my FAVORITE day-of vendor for my wedding. Though we had spoken on the phone and over email leading up to our wedding, I didn't meet him in person until I got to the venue before our ceremony. I had a great feeling about hiring Cris and Red Velvet from the start, but man did he exceed my expectations! He totally listened to our "do-not" playlist, and all of our requested songs. more importantly he stood up for me when some guests requested songs that we didn't want to play or if we weren't feeling the vibe of a guest-requested song, he looked to me to see if I wanted it to keep playing or not. Cris was personable, professional, and fun! He was the DJ that made the show, not a DJ who tried to be the show. (we interviewed a few that wanted to sing and preform...) so we were beyond thrilled with Red Velvet Entertainment!!! so many of my guests told me how much they loved his skills--so we are very VERY happy with our choice in choosing him!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Melissa 路 Married on 06/09/2018

Cris is an absolutely amazing DJ. We had an initial phone consultation in which we discussed the contract and pricing, and then had a details meeting about 2 weeks before our actual wedding. Cris is very personable and engaging which makes him a great MC. We filled out a details sheet beforehand with some requests and important songs to play during the ceremony, but otherwise let Cris be creative--he did such an amazing job and our dance floor was rocking! People were able to make live requests which he effortlessly worked into the current tempo he was playing. We really enjoyed working with him and would definitely recommend for your wedding. The wedding timeline was something I was struggling with and Cris offered to make a detailed timeline for us that I was able to share with all of our vendors and was much appreciated. He goes above and beyond and you won't regret hiring him!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Megan 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Choosing a DJ was one of the most important decisions for us as we were wedding planning and Chris was everything we ever hoped for and more!! Chris kept the dance floor packed and was so accommodating in everything we asked for. When talking to our guests, everybody wanted to know more about the DJ because everyone thought he was absolutely amazing! My maid of honor is even planning to use him for her wedding in Wisconsin next year. Chris kept everything simple for us and allowed us to just enjoy both the planning process and the night itself. If we could do our wedding over again, we would book him in a heartbeat. I cannot even fully express how awesome he was. Thank you Chris for simply doing your thing for our wedding. We had a blast!!

Sent on 04/28/2018