59 Reviews for Red Shutter Studio

Albums (2)
Digital Files (2)
58 Red Shutter Studio Reviews

Red Shutter was recommended to us, and we could not have made a better choice! Rod and Tara are so much fun to work with and they truly exceeded our expectations with our photography! I literally look at our photography everyday to relive what has been the best day of my life! From our engagement photos to the day of, nothing shy of perfect! If anything comes up again needing photography we are calling Red Shutter, by far the Best in Charleston!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 1/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

LOVED THEM!! We don't live in Charleston so trying to find any vendor was a challenge. We had to rely heavily on recommendations and reviews. We didn't have a great experience with our engagement photos so I was determined to get amazing wedding pictures, but we didn't have a ton of money to spend. A childhood friend recommended Red Shutter and from the first time we spoke to Tara on the phone, we just felt at ease. She was able to guide us through what to expect and ask the right questions to help us narrow down how the timeline should go. The day of the wedding, her and Rod were there from start to finish and made us both feel at ease. We never once worried that they weren't getting the shots. I honestly don’t remember seeing them during the ceremony but the pictures show that they were everywhere. Even during the reception, they got so many candid shots without people realizing they were there (huge plus in my book!). They were both so easy to work with and so much fun to be around! One of our groomsman is even very shy and they were able to bring him out of his shell. We also got our pictures back VERY quickly! And most importantly, we love them all!! We couldn't have asked for a better experience for photos for our wedding day. I highly recommend using Rod & Tara if you want the best photos to capture your big day.

Profile Picture Jaime, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

We are convinced, Red Shutter Studio is the best in the business. You won't find a more organized, creative, and above all- kind duo than Tara and Rod. They are SO MUCH more than photographers. Because they know the city of Charleston so well, they know all the nooks and special places. Because they know events and weddings so well, Tara is a great resource and will even help guide you in your planning process. They are seriously the whole package. Not only was the planning easy and organized, so was the actual day of our ceremony. Tara and Rod were easy to work with, relaxed, yet efficient and incredibly hard working. You can tell they love what they do. Many of our guests commented on how impressed they were with our photographers and how if they ever married in Charleston, they would use Red Shutter Studio as well.

Then of course you see our wedding photos... And they are magic. I have been told several times that we have the most beautiful wedding photos people have ever seen. The day looks as if it was sprinkled with fairy dust. Rod has this incredible gift, he can actually capture emotion in his work. Each photo showed genuine moments of happiness and love. I have never seen anything like it.

Profile Picture Morgan, 3/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning

We absolutely loved working with Red Shutter Studio for our wedding in Charleston, SC!! Tara and Rod are amazing. They are very laid back, easy to work with, and the photos were amazing. It was so nice having 2 photographers for the price of one as we got shots of both the groom/groomsmen and bride/bridesmaids getting ready. The price was extremely affordable. We did most of our photos beforehand so we could enjoy the reception and Rod and Tara were so efficient and got all the shots plus many many more that we requested. We got all of pictures on a CD file following the wedding, and the album that was included in our package is beautiful . I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Jen, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Red Shutter is incredible. We looked at several photographers and are so thankful we went with RS. We got married in the "1000 year flood" during hurricane Joaquin. The fact that Tara and Rod drove through the flooded streets and sideways rain demonstrates their passion and enthusiasm. As you can imagine, we were a little nervous about how our pictures would turn out. Wow! They not only captured the weather, they captured the emotions and memories. The pictures turned out incredible. I will never go with another photographer again.

Profile Picture Chris , 10/3/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Rod and Tara are incredible and so are their photos! Both were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. The day of, the two were professional, unobtrusive, and at the same time warm and friendly. The photos are incredible and my only complaint to date is that the group shot that includes Rod with our family wasn't in the set sent to us . . .

Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Rod & Tara are AH-MAZING at what they do!! We were looking for a photographer that would do more than your average photographer with just a really nice camera. They are true experts in capturing artistic photographs and their editing techniques are incredible. It also helps that they are the nicest couple to work with and catered to our needs that were totally unrelated to our photography needs. Without hesitation, they offered us rides to the ceremony and reception when an unanticipated situation arose. We felt comfortable being around Rod and Tara and they made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Rena, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Great photographers! Loved their personalities, easy to work with, fun, very quick replies and AMAZING photos!

Profile Picture Holly, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Red Shutter was great! Our photos were beautiful and made possible by a team that works well together, even as lots of things about our wedding kept changing on the day of the wedding. Especially since our wedding was the South Carolina Aquarium, which offers challenging lighting situations, we needed a professional team. And did they deliver! We were very happy with our choice!

Profile Picture User3848751, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the moment we were engaged, we knew we wanted to use Red Shutter Studio to capture one of the most important days in our lives. Having known Rod and Tara for a few years, I have seen the dedication and passion they have for making a Bride and Groom's big day one they will never forget. From the very beginning, they are committed to you and will work with you to meet your needs. What sets them apart, to me, from any other photographer is the relationships that they build along the way. What they do isn't just a job to them; it's much more. They work extremely hard to get those unique and candid shots, but more importantly they know how to have fun! They will brighten up your day with jokes, laughter, and smiles. In saying this, I highly recommend, if you are even slightly interested, to give them a call.

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were lucky to have Red Shutter....Tara and Rod...for my daughters weddings in 2010 at Kiawah Island...so when my son got engaged they were the first ones we called and were so happy to work with them again...they do a beautiful job and capture all the love and fun we had at these celebrations....their photographs are magical...They are a pleasure to work with and after two weddings together they feel more like family...! When it comes to documenting important occasions in your life...they are the best choice you can make...!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so glad we chose Red Shutter Studio for our wedding photographer! Tara was awesome to work with. She always responded to all of my emails in a timely manner. She and her husband were great to work with on the day of our wedding. They were extremely professional and so patient. Our pictures, especially those on the beach, were amazing, and I couldn't be more pleased with the wedding albums that they made for us. I would highly recommend Red Shutter Studio!!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Red Shutter did a phenomenal job photographing our wedding! The pictures they took were beautiful and timeless. They are such a fun and professional couple, they make a great team. I will recommend them time and time again!

Tiffany & Robert Roetzel

Profile Picture Tiffany , 6/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

From our fist meeting, Rod and Tara from Red Shutter Studio really impressed us with their quality of work and professionalism. After our engagement photos, we were so pleased that we decided to hire them for even more events. My husband and I decided on a package that included engagement, bridal, rehearsal dinner and 7+ hours of coverage on our wedding day. I highly suggest the engagement or bridal session, because it gives you a chance to introduce yourself and get used to the camera. Rod and Tara made us feel very comfortable and at ease while having our photograph taken all around town! They are truly a joy to work with and we highly recommend them for your special day.

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tara and Rod from Red Shutter Studios are amazing photographers and people. They are so much fun to work with and and truly put me at ease on my big day. Your pictures are something you will have the rest of your lives and I'm so happy we chose Red Shutter Studios. Our pictures are amazing!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I don't even know where to start when describing how wonderful Rod and Tara of Red Shutter Studio are. They initially shot our engagement pictures and after that experience I really wanted them to shoot our wedding, but had someone already booked because of closeness to the wedding site. Later, our photographer backed out so I emailed Tara promptly to see if we could get them for our wedding. Turns out our day was one of the only days they had open, so it felt like fate! From the initial contact to the follow-up after the wedding everything was superb. Everything was so easy and professional. The day of the wedding, both Rod and Tara made me feel so at ease and did not even flinch when we had disaster weather and had to move everything inside. They were so interactive with our wedding party and guests and it felt like we had known them for years. Even people in and attending the wedding commented on how awesome and fun they were. We received a few sneak peaks of our pictures in 2 days and the rest followed within the next two weeks. The quality of the pictures were above and beyond and the creativity just blows your mind. I could not have asked for any one better to do our wedding pictures than Red Shutter Studio and know for a fact they will be doing all pictures for us from now on.

Profile Picture Katie , 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tara and Rod were absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish. They were professional to the utmost and fun, fun, fun! I had one particular shot I wanted them to recreate for me, and they did a perfect job of it. It is one that I will cherish forever. Our photos are beautiful, and I feel as though they provide great value for the cost. I highly recommend Red Shutter to anyone who is looking for one less thing to stress about on such a hectic day.

Profile Picture Molly , 3/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

RedShutterStudio could not have been more professional. My daughter's photographs were stunning. We had the most wonderful experience with them on the day of her Bridal Portraits. The entire day of the wedding, was nothing but perfect. They made sure that they got every shot that we requested. The hardest decision I've had to make is choosing which of the photographs to put onto canvas! So far, I have picked 8! The pictures are works of art! I loved working with this husband and wife team! They are exceptional!

Profile Picture Alanna, 12/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

WE LOVED OUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS! We cannot stress enough how kind, caring, and professional Rod and Tara were! They were so much fun and easy to work with, and really cared about getting the exact picture you want. They are accommodating for whatever you decide to do. I had a few requests that I thought would be a little out of ordinary (we wanted to take all of our group pictures before the ceremony and take a picture with our dog after the ceremony and before the reception) and Tara and Rod helped us figure out exactly how to do everything to fit within our time frame and get perfect pictures. We already have a highlight reel of pictures, and expect the rest of the images (about 900) very soon. I was blown away with how quickly we received images because I have been in a few weddings, and we waited months before receiving anything! Additionally, our guests commented how the photographers never blocked anyone from seeing what was going on at the wedding and reception, and the bridal party loved how fun Rod and Tara were. On top of the professionalism, STUNNING pictures and fun, they are definitely in the price range of any bride. Obviously, I loved them by this crazy amount of feedback, but I would not hesitate recommending Rod and Tara to anyone! They are the BEST wedding photographers, hands down!

Profile Picture Jacklyn, 10/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We LOVED Tara & Rod at Red Shutter! The entire process of working with them was seamless. They were super responsive leading up to the wedding, the day of they were on point making sure we got all the important pictures taken care of and so much FUN to be with (Rod is a riot!). The pictures are beautiful and the turnaround time was amazingly quick. We HIGHLY recommend Red Shutter to anyone looking for a photographer in Charleston!

Profile Picture User3683313, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tara and Rod helped to make our day amazing! They were great to work with and kept everything moving forward as planned. Even some of our guests commented on how cool they were!
Within a week from the wedding they provided a highlight reel and within 2 weeks the site to purchase photos and the disc was mailed to us.

Profile Picture Katie , 10/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Fabulous!!!!!!!! Rod and Tara are wonderful people to have around on your wedding day!!!! They are so nice and helpful and FUN! My husband and I are bigger people and they made us look more beautiful than we ever thought we were!! And let me tell you, we think we're beautiful to start with :)

They shot over 1000 pictures, I think! They don't stop until they get the perfect shot! Everything was on time and perfect! I will recommend them to everyone!!

They were on the higher end of our budget but my goodness... These are pictures that you will have for a life time and their quality of photography is worth every penny because your pictures will be timeless!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/3/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Would we recommend this vendor to a friend? Abso-freakin-lutely! They manage to make everyone feel like they're automatically best friends. We've had so many guests ask about them and say that if they ever need photos taken in Charleston - those two are IT. They are great. I've gotten so many compliments on our engagement shoot, and the bridals. Our wedding day pictures are amazing. We're very much looking forward to continuing to work with them on our wedding album. Oh, and you should definitely opt IN for the selfie station/photobooth. Our guests LOVED it.

Profile Picture Carolina, 6/22/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

You will not find a better photographer!! Rod and Tara are wonderful to work with and their pictures turn out amazing. Everyone in our wedding party raved about how easy going they were and how much fun it was to have them take our pictures. They know what they are doing and they do it extremely well!

Profile Picture Jennie, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I learned quickly that picking a great photographer was very important early in my wedding planning. You can seriously tell the difference between a $1000 photographer and a $2000-3000 photographer. I as thinking on skimping on photos but after seeing others... that plan changed. I had many people/vendors recommending photographers. Many people were recommending photographers that were well known in the Charleston area and had been well established for years. I had a hard time with this particular photographer. Their value of packages are horrible. I wasn't going to stand paying that much and getting so little -- It's MY wedding!
After a tiring search I found Rod and Tara's company Red Shutter Studio. The quality of their photos are hands down the best I've seen! They are true professionals who understand not only the quality of their product but also the value of packages. They were so personable and got shots of everything! I recommend getting the 2 photographers because they help each other out and set up lighting for perfect shots. The one thing that really drew me to them is that I would have full rights of my photographs. After they edited the images I was able to download all of them to my PC! Other places were selling albums and prints-- that was all. Red Shutter is the best vendor I could have ever picked. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User3276018, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews