Red Hat on the River Reviews

Red Hat on the River 3
Red Hat on the River 4

Roseann Neuberg · Married on 07/20/2019

Engagement Party

Michelle VanNess was super helpful in arranging our engagement party! She was as easily reachable for all my questions and gave sage advice when asked. The Red Hat on Hudson is an ideal location- conveniently located at a metro North train station for our city guests, breathtaking views of Hudson River and Palisades , delicious food and homey atmosphere!
    Recommend highly and hope to host another party there!

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • GoodPrincessButtercup

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2018

The wedding of my dreams that I didn’t realize I wanted.

My husband and I knew we did not want a big wedding and we certainly did not want it in a traditional wedding hall. We stumbled on Red Hat on the River by way of loving it as a restaurant. When I realized they did weddings I began to inquire. At first it seemed out of our budget but we spoke with their wedding coordinator and she was able to work within our budget to find us a day, time and menu that fit our needs. The whole team at Red Hat was responsive, professional and attentive every step of the way. We were wary at first of using Red Hat’s dedicated florist but we were also not disappointed at all with the flowers. They were beautiful and family and friends still talk about the centerpieces and still asking if I have any of the vases leftover. The food was amazing. Our signature drink was a great hit. Guests loved the location and how much we enoyed the view of the Hudson River. The best compliment you can get from a loved one is “I loved your wedding. It was perfect. It was classy. It was an adult wedding!” I always knew I didn’t want a wedding reception in a wedding factory. Red Hat on the River was full of character, charm, style and beauty with great food and drink. It was the wedding of my dreams that I never realized I wanted. Thank you to Michelle and her team and to my husband who refused to elope!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Red Hat on the River's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful message. It was such a lovely event and I REALLY enjoyed planning with both of you! Now I’m craving a spicy melon margarita!

David M Goldberg · Married on 04/08/2018

An absolutely wonderful wedding day

We had a wonderful wedding at Red Hat on the River. It's a gorgeous venue, tastefully decorated with a spectacular view of the Hudson River. The staff was gracious and enthusiastic as we planned our special day. The food was superb. We received many compliments from our friends and family. It was a great experience from beginning to end.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Red Hat on the River's reply:

It was great getting to know you and helping to plan your wedding. I can’t believe it’s coming up on a year! Happy early Anniversary!

Jess Frost · Married on 11/05/2016

2016 Wedding

My husband and I had our dream wedding at Red Hat. Michelle, the event coordinator, was easy to work with. The venue was very flexible regarding menu, decoration, and set up. Two years plus later and people are still remarking about the delicious and plentiful menu options. The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. We had a full dance floor, and photobooth with no space issues. Our dogs were even allowed to be part of our beautiful ceremony. Finally, the venue and surrounding area was perfect for our wedding photos. I definitely recommend contacting Red Hat on the River for your special day.

Red Hat on the River 5
    Red Hat on the River 6
    Red Hat on the River 7
    Red Hat on the River 8
    Sent on 01/28/2019

Red Hat on the River's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! That was definitely a fun party! And, thank you for coming back each year to celebrate your Anniversary with us.

Deb Trimble · Married on 10/15/2016

Would Do it All Over Again

The venue is stunning, the space accommodates varied activity and needs of guests the food was outstanding, the staff was wonderful-

Sent on 01/29/2019

Red Hat on the River's reply:

It was a pleasure working with a couple so laid back and obviously in love! You guys are the best! We hope to see you again soon at Red Hat.

Lourdes Reif · Married on 11/07/2010

We loved working with them to see the vision of our reception come to life.

Everyone (Jimmy, Guicy, Michelle....) was so eager & excited to work with us to make our reception the great party we envisioned. They created food especially for the vegetarian bride, worked easily with vendors, accommodated our large band, & bent over backwards to make our party a blast! The venue is classic & gorgeous & the sunsets over the hudson river are stunning. A bonus is how accessible it is from NYC on public transportation. We still go there as often as possible for dinner & re-live the night w/staff.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Red Hat on the River's reply:

Thank you for the lovely words! It was a beautiful day....and a GREAT band!! We always love when you come back to visit. Xoxo

-Michelle