Rathke Photography Reviews

Rathke Photography 4
Rathke Photography 5
Rathke Photography 6

Ambor · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Rathke photography is the best I have ever worked with. Mike did our engagement shoot and was very creative,professional and so much fun. Took Buchanan of great shots that will be treasured forever. You can tell that they really love what they do and their passion shows in their pictures. Def recommended for any setting or occasion.

Molly · Married on 12/16/2017

Mike was an incredible pleasure to work with! Not only is he a blessed and talented photographer, but he is also a wonderful, comforting presence on such an important day. My family and I look forward to any opportunity that we may have to work with him again. Mike, thank you for capturing the love and beauty of such a special day!

Sil · Married on 06/24/2017

Outstanding! We hired Mike's services for our Wedding photos, and we are so grateful he worked with us.
    The talent of Mike is so, that when you see the photos they evoke the same emotions of that day. He is creative, artistic, and very professional. We really enjoyed the session, it was relaxed and playful, and the results were very natural, happy and cute moments captured on all the photos.
    From the first contact to the day he delivers the product, is all 110% satisfaction.

• Daniel

Daniel · Married on 06/11/2017

There is not a bad thing I can say about Mike and Rathke Photography. They were helpful every step of the way. Even with the stressful things going on during our wedding, they still got the best shots of us. I very much recommend this photography for any occasion really.

Norma · Married on 05/12/2017

I used Rathke Photography for my wedding photos (bride & groom portraits and wedding ceremony/reception photos). All photos are amazing! The main photographer, Mike, is very personable & professional. I highly recommend this company for great quality photos and service!

Jessi · Married on 10/09/2016

Mike and Ron were exceptionally easy to work with for our engagement photos. We had some ideas for the shoot, but they really brought the concepts and technical expertise we needed to pull it off. We are definitely using them for our wedding.

Jayme · Married on 07/29/2016

Just let Mike know what you're looking for and he'll take care of it. My favorite pictures were the natural ones, he captures expressions/emotions we miss in an instant.

Beau · Married on 07/02/2016

Mike Rathke is great, he is outgoing and comforting, like you're working with a friend, but is knowledgeable and professional at the same time. He was friendly to work with and got some amazing shots at our wedding. He sent us some sneak peaks just 3 days after our wedding and 10 days after the wedding he sent us the link to an online gallery with around 300 pictures in it. We are blown away by how fast he is working and how updated he is keeping us.

Kinsley · Married on 06/25/2016

Absolutely loved Rathke Photography! Mike and Ron were wonderful to work with. They meet with us and talked out all the different packages they have. Mike did a fantastic job on my bridal portraits. Mike and Ron did a wonderful job on the day of the wedding making sure to get pictures of all the details. We received a sneak peak within a week of the wedding and a good portion of the pictures in less than two weeks from the wedding. I have recieved so many compliments about how beautiful all the pictures are. I would recommend Rathke Photography to anyone!

Ryan · Married on 06/11/2016

Awesome work and professionalism! We had Mike and his father at our wedding and it was nothing but pleasurable experience. Very accommodating and you just have to follow their direction. Definitely recommended!

Betsy · Married on 04/23/2016

Mike and his father are amazing photographers!!! Having them do my wedding photography was a dream come true !!!!! I was so beyond thrilled with everything, the wedding day, the photographs !!!!! The entire time from start to finish I felt completely at ease and comfortable with them, they work so well together. They are so creative, professional, and unbelievably talented !!! If you want extraordinary pictures that capture the most specials moments call Rathke you will be soooooo GLAD YOU DID!!! I RECOMMEND THEM 1000% !!!!!! THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST !!!!! They are very reasonable on prices which is an even bigger plus!!!

I'm very happy that we hired Mike to be our wedding photographer. He's very professional, flexible, and easy-going. He showed up on time, started taking pictures and gave us really good advice about things in the wedding. The pictures were gorgeous, and they processed all the pictures for you! It was great value and I highly recommend anyone in Houston area to consider them.

Mike was very professional and punctual. Would recommend him to anyone who's getting married in Texas!

Meghan · Married on 11/14/2015

Choosing Rathke Photography for our wedding day was a no brainer! They captured our beautiful day like nothing we could ever dreamt of PLUS some. There were moments that we were so busy and caught up in other things that we didn't get to appreciate them at the time but we know have lifelong pictures to remind us of them. The service, the attention and the quality and the quantity of our pictures from Ron and Mike say everything. Hands down, one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for allowing us to relive our wedding day for the rest of our lives!!

Jordan · Married on 11/07/2015

Mike and Ron did a great job documenting our wedding! The were very responsive from the beginning and wanted to make sure we were comfortable with their whole process and were very excited to share their ideas and listen and incorporate ours. Day of, they were on time and immediately started getting shots and working with the staff at the church to know where everyone was and what the schedule was going to look like. Unfortunately it rained on our wedding day, which is always a bummer. I was hoping we would be able to get some photos out side but it didn't phase Ron and Mike they still were able to capture great shots all through out the church and the reception venue and were able to politely grab the groom and I for a few min when it wasn't raining and we got some great shots outside! With the wet ground reflecting light, they looked amazing! I would highly recommend Rathke Photography to anyone looking for quality, professionalism and creativity! And an added bonus, their pricing is completely reasonable!

Heather · Married on 10/25/2015

Rathke is amazing. Everyone (parents, guests, wedding party, couple) were extremely impressed with their professionalism, creativity, and talent. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a professional to capture a special moment. They were also friendly and non-invasive during the ceremony and reception.

Cassie · Married on 05/01/2015

If you're considering Rathke Photography for anything special, stop considering and BOOK THEM. I considered several photographers before my husband (now) suggested them, based on photos he saw of our friends engagement shoot. They are the sweetest and very professional father-son team. The other photographers I talked to would have been solo. It was definitely an advantage to have two gentleman, and at a similar price.

Looking at their portfolio was another major factor. I absolutely hate having my picture taken, and usually look awkward in pics. I told them that and they made me feel so comfortable. They suggested great places for photos based on their experience, as well as how to stand or "pose". I couldn't be happier!

We had them do a casual engagement session, and our small wedding. I look at all the photos and smile at how great they all turned out! I won't spoil it for any future customers, but when you get ALL your pictures on their custom flash drive, it's pretty much the coolest presentation ever! Thank you Ron & Mike Rathke!! We definitely want to book you for any future special event.

Barbra & Josh, thanks for the referral, your wedding photos will be amazing! :)

catherine · Married on 04/18/2015

Rathke was fantastic!! Our photos are gorgeous and they are such a pleasure to work with. We had them shoot our wedding and reception and also had an additional session after the wedding to get more pics of the two of us at our reception venue (Treebeards) and neighboring park. Due to the incessant rain, we had to reschedule what I think ended up being 4 times. They could not have been more flexible and accommodating. Also, I'm pretty high strung and my husband hates having his photo taken. Ron and Mike w

Blain · Married on 03/14/2014

Rathke Photography consistently provides great photo experiences. We have used Rathke Photography for senior portraits, my engagement pictures, my wedding, and my brother's wedding. For all of these occasions, they have been both professional and fun. The Rathkes and their team are energetic and fun! I usually do not enjoy posing for photos, but the Rathke Photography team makes it an enjoyable experience. They are always very friendly and willing to accommodate our requests. They come up with exciting and interesting photos that are very memorable. They also manage to capture every touching and funny moment of special occasions.
    Rathke photos bring events to life. We are always happy with Rathke Photography and recommend them to anyone who needs professional and affordable photographers.

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2013

The rathke team was worth every penny!! They have truly made my wedding a memorable experience, very prefessional, fun and love love love their different father and son photography style! Take it from me you will not regret having the rathke boys as your photographers for your special day!

Ron and Mike are fun, easy going, great father and son team, and flexible. Our godparents were about to leave after our wedding ceremony and were not able to drive to our reception. Mike offered to take a few a pictures with them. Our family and friends loved our wedding photos. The scenery in the back Pecan Springs was great and photos were beautiful. They know exactly how to take great shots and pose you. We plan to use them again and recommend them for all our friends and family.

Kathryn · Married on 11/03/2012

Ron and Mike are amazing! I'm in awe of their work and extremely pleased with our choice to go with them. They know how to capture the moments you want without you needing to ask. They are very professional, experienced and a true value. Picking a wedding day photographer can be stressful but Ron and Mike Rathke take all the questions out of it. I promise you wont be disappointed if you book with them.

Alice · Married on 07/21/2012

Choosing Rathke Photography to shoot our bridal portraits was one of the best decisions I ever made! It took my breath away to see my daughter all decked out in her wedding gown - looking and feeling like a princess. Ron Rathke captured her personality and showcased her dress and beautiful surroundings. He honored our special requests for locations and props and added his own artistic touch to create some traditional, spontaneous and awesome photos which we displayed at the reception and in our home. He made this emotional day a fun and memorable experience. I highly recommend Rathke Photography for their personal attention, affordable packages and quality photos!

corey · Married on 06/23/2012

So many great pictures that captured a once in a life time moment. They were very professional and always early to the meeting spot.