Rasoi Restaurant and Catering Reviews

17 Reviews for Rasoi Restaurant and Catering

1 User photo

• Nicole

Nicole Monfils-Saran · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Easy to work with, delicious food!

We booked Rasoi to provide a buffet for a fusion Indian-American wedding. We were able to bring the whole family for a tasting at their East Greenwich/Rasa location, and Sandeep and Sanjeev helped us create our menu. They made great suggestions for a varied buffet that would work for our guests (many of whom have never had Indian food). They coordinated directly with our venue and once the menu was chosen I didn't have to worry about anything else. Also, they were able to accommodate 2 last minute special meals for hare krishna guests which was very helpful.
    Working with Rasoi for our wedding was so easy and we are still getting compliments on the food!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • LG Rollins

LG Rollins · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing service and delicious food!

Sandeep and his crew did an amazing job of catering our wedding! He helped us craft the perfect menu for our budget and our group. At the last minute, we learned that we would need servers to serve the buffet (per CDC guidelines for COVID-19) and overnight Sandeep coordinated a crew of 4 servers to stay with us for a very small fee. He made plates for my wife and I so that we would be sure to eat during the busy day and treated our guests with incredible kindness. All of our guests were raving about the delicious food and awesome service the next day!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Nishi

Nishi · Married on 08/17/2019

Fantastic wedding buffet

Rasoi is one of our favorite restaurants so we knew we had to get them to cater our wedding. They did not disappoint! Our tasting was easy and delicious, and they gave us recommendations for which buffet items would go well together. Tons of options for vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free items. Our guests were raving about the delicious meal. Thank you so much to the catering team for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Akshay Shah · Married on 07/27/2019

Excellent Quality and Variety

We were initially attracted by the variety of foods offered and by the reputation of the chef. The food absolutely did not disappoint. We and all of our guests raved about it. Great communication, professionalism, and quality of food. We will definitely keep Rasoi at the top of our list for future events!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Natasha Blackadar · Married on 07/27/2019

Exactly what we were looking for

We are so glad we worked with the team at Rasoi for our wedding reception. My husband and I ate lunch at Kabob and Curry every week when we were students, and wanted to recreate some of our favorite meals. Sandeep went above and beyond, customizing a menu just for us that brought back so many amazing memories (and made our guests extremely happy too). We sprang for the tandoor oven on-site and were glad we did - the food was so fresh, and it was fun for people to see their food being made nearby. For us, food was the most important part of the party, and Rasoi really nailed it.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Sankarsh

Sankarsh Ramadas · Married on 07/05/2019

Extremely Professional & Prompt Correspondence. Great Prices. AMAZING Food

As an Indian living in the US, it is a rare feat to truly blow my mind with the quality of Indian Food, especially at a catered event such as a wedding. However, my oh my did Rasoi blow my mind. It was truly the best experience EVER for Indian food.

Key details about my wedding:
    - Held at the Marriott Newport, RI.
    - 120 Guests
    - 60% caucasian americans & 40% Indians and others.
    - Both South Indian & North Indian Dishes catered.

Sandeep, the catering manager with Rasoi is honestly one of the best individuals to work with. He is professional in his correspondence is very prompt. We lived in the midwest during the time of planning this wedding and so did not have many opportunities to actually meet with him personally. We did however meet him once for a food tasting session. The food at the tasting was phenomenal. After the tasting, Sandeep followed up and told us that he would like to cater the food exactly how we wanted it to taste. This was something that was pretty surprising to us because many other restaurants we spoke to were not as flexible. Sandeep and the chef Sanjiv took specific instructions from my mother as to how to prepare some of the south indian dishes and they came out FANTASTIC. We honestly felt like we were back in India with some of the items. The taste of the food remained authentic while also infusing some americanized concepts to the desserts and such. This allowed us to cater to the palettes of all the guests at the wedding. Very reasonably priced meals. Masala Tea and Lassi were top notch and deserve a special mention. Malai Kofta was out of this world too.

The food and service was phenomenal overall and I would HIGHLY Recommend Rasoi for any Indian catering needs in the East Coast area.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Ruby

Ruby · Married on 04/20/2019

Excellent Wedding catering

We had our daughter’s wedding in Newport in April we have catering from Indian accents it was really amazing experience working with Sanjeev ji and Sandeep ji .Everything was so perfect .Food was really outstanding.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Joseph · Married on 10/07/2018

We recently had our wedding weekend at the Newport Marriott. For our Mehndi Night we had Indian Accent Catering provide the food. The whole experience, from working with Sandeep and Sanjiv, to the quality of the food, was absolutely excellent. They were very welcoming in the months leading up to the event-- providing us with 2 tastings at their restaurants. We HIGHLY recommend using Indian Accent Catering for your next function! Thank you again!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • W

Wahid · Married on 09/09/2018

Awesome food, great service, and friendly team!

I had a great experience working with Rasoi Restaurant/Indian accent Catering for my wedding last year at Lake Pearl, Wrentham. I was referred to them by our venue guys and it went right. Right from the beginning, Sandeep and Sanjiv’s team was very welcoming and helpful. I had no more than 4 weekends to plan my wedding and Rasoi made a big favor of working with this tight schedule. After a few conversations, I did food tasting and it was good. Rasoi did all the changes it needed to make every dish on our menu just the way we wanted! A week before the wedding we wanted to make additions to the menu and Rasoi did it very well.

On the day of the wedding, Rasoi delivered their promise! Food was my top priority among other things and everyone liked it. Food was right on time, quality was the same as what I experienced during the tasting. Quantity was food was optimum. Food setup was great. Overall quality of catering services was good! About half of my guests were non-Indians and everyone enjoyed the food. I highly recommend Rasoi/ Indian accent Catering for your big day! Thank you for making my big-day food-memorable!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Aditi · Married on 09/02/2018

Iterated on dishes until they were perfect!

I used Rasoi for my wedding and it was one of the best decisions I made. For context, the one thing I wanted more than anything else was to serve authentic shrimp curry at my reception. I told them and and from the beginning the team at Rasoi was dedicated to working with me to deliver the most true-to-flavor shrimp curry possible.

Everyone RAVED about the food at the wedding and we even had some born and raised Goans in attendance who absolutely loved the food! Serving a good dinner was very high on my priority list and Rasoi delivered on its promises. Thank you for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/24/2018

mindy · Married on 08/04/2018

We could not be happier with the food and services provided by Rasoi/Accent Catering. Sandeep (catering manager) was so flexible to work with and very accommodating. We used Rosoi for three large events (pre-wedding party (Sangeet), wedding luncheon, abd reception dinner). We visited the restaurant several times for food tasting to plan the perfect menu for each event. The presentation of the food was beautiful and our guests were very impressed. We considered several Indian caterers and food quality and personal service provided by Sandeep and Sanjiv (owner) could not be matched. I would not consider using anyone else for such special occasions.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Molly · Married on 07/28/2018

Rasoi catered our wedding in Wellesley Massachusetts in partnership with a full-service caterer, for our Indian-Jewish wedding. They bent over backwards to help us achieve our vision of delicious Indian street food stations. Our guests were delighted: we had both kosher and non-meat-eating Hindu guests, and they were able to divide meat and vegetarian dishes. We heard over and over that it was the best vegetarian food they'd had at a wedding. It's weeks later, and we're still hearing how delicious everything was.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Rishav · Married on 07/08/2018

We worked with Rasoi and Russell Morin to help cater our wedding in Boston, MA. Everything, from our tasting, to the planning, to the small touches they added, as absolutely OUTSTANDING. They really helped make the event come together and be a truly memorable one! You can't make a better decision on a caterer.

In the months leading up to the wedding, we had a wonderful tasting with Sanjiv and Sandeep, along with Renee from Russell Morin. We had extremely high standards for what we were looking for and they surpassed every single one. Our guests have been continuously raving about the Indian cuisine and service weeks after our wedding.

From planning, to execution, Rasoi made our special day a dream come true. I would love to be able to work with them again and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/28/2018

Shivani · Married on 06/16/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with Rasoi to cater our wedding weekend. From the initial conversations all the way through the time of payment, the catering team works with high professionalism and true respect for their clients. We had a great time at our tasting, and felt Chef Dhar & Sandeep really made the effort to understand our taste preferences, the demographics of our guests, and generally the vibe for the wedding weekend. They checked in with us with prompt communication, ensuring we felt comfortable every step of the way. Finally, the quality and taste of the food was just incredible. Our guests still rave about the food at our wedding weekend in Newport, RI. Thank you, Rasoi, for making our wedding weekend such a success!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Bhalchandra · Married on 06/24/2017

We had Indian Accents Catering at our daughter's wedding. They did a fabulous job with the food. We interacted with Sanjeev Dhar (owner) and also Sandeep Bhatia (from Rasoi) who was our main liaison. They were not only attentive to our needs but also very helpful with suggestions about the menu. The food was delicious and well presented. our guests were impressed by the quality and taste. Sandeep personally overlooked everything. We had American cuisine from the Marriott and Indian cuisine from India Accent. They worked together and did an excellent job ! I highly recommend them not only for indian weddings but for any western weddings where you would like to try a new taste. The food was a hit with our Indian and non indian guests. They are professional and very pleasant to deal with and they deliver the goods !!

Sent on 07/23/2017
  • NimaShah

Nima · Married on 06/30/2012

Sanjiv from Rasoi catered all of our wedding events and did a phenomenal job. His food is outstanding as is his service. Everyone loved the food that was full of flavor and spice. He also has so many unique items and will even create new things for you. Great caterer with exquisite cuisine.

Sent on 07/25/2012

The food and service were excellent. The food options were unique and they were incredibly flexible to meet our specific needs!

Sent on 12/03/2012