Rare Bird Beauties Reviews

Rare Bird Beauties 7
  • Katie

Katie Walsh · Married on 08/10/2019

Stress-Free Wedding Morning!

I had Valerie for makeup and Danielle for hair for my 8/10/19 wedding and I have so many wonderful things to say about these artists, as well as this company!

First of all, the professionalism is top notch. All of my logistics went through co-owner, Ioana. She is super responsive, accommodating, and organized. She even texted me the night before my wedding to wish me well! How sweet is that?!

My artists, Valerie and Danielle, helped to make the morning go by so smoothly. I got to just hang out with my bridesmaids and take some time to enjoy everyone's company. Both ladies worked quickly and efficiently and were just all around very sweet and great to be around.

I used to hate having my makeup done by other people, but I knew I wanted a professional for my wedding day. Now, I don't think I will ever be satisfied with how I do my own makeup! Valerie did a beautiful job on me and all the girls, and it lasted all day! Her color choices were so flattering!

To the contrary, I never do my hair, but it is extremely rare to find someone who can make mine stay in place. This was no issue with Danielle. Not only did she create something beautiful from my inspiration pictures, but it stayed in place all day! My mom and bridesmaids looked stunning as well!

The work of my artists truly tied together my wedding day look and really made me feel like a bride! Thank you!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Delaney · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly recommend RBB!

I never like getting my hair & make-up done, so Jen & Ioana had their work cut out for them, and they 110% delivered! Day of, I last minute decided to change hair & make-up, and Ioana & Jen were incredibly great accommodating. I also had a last-minute addition to the schedule, and it was so easy to work with them to get my SIL on the schedule. Overall, I definitely recommend RBB -- they helped to make the day special & fun, were incredibly easy to work with, very flexible, and super talented!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Talented artists + organized management!

Rare Bird Beauty made a fantastic partner for all of our wedding beauty needs. Leading up to the event, Jen and Iona proved incredible organized, helpful, responsive and insightful. Their communication platform made planning more streamlined, which i greatly appreciated throughout the process. We were able to add a second artist just a few months before the wedding, giving us flexibility.

They paired me with the artist of my choice, Shannon, who was INCREDIBLE!!! Every single one of my bridesmaids LOVED their makeup, and I was obsessed with mine. I would hire Shannon time and time again.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Ally

Ally Fields · Married on 06/08/2019

So happy with the makeup!

I used Rare Bird Beauties for my makeup for my wedding day and I couldn't have been happier. Ioana was so flexible with everything to make sure the end result was exactly what I wanted, which was a very simple, elegant look. My bridal party was extremely happy with their makeup as well! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2019
    Rare Bird Beauties 8
    Rare Bird Beauties 9

Cassie · Married on 02/23/2019

Wonderful Stylized Makeup

Konstantine seemed to be able to read my mind on what makeup I wanted. We did a romantic winter wedding and he got my vibe right away and tailored my whole look with minimum guidance. The makeup was light and I still looked like myself, my two big requirements. We had a long reception and makeup lasted the entire 12 hours I needed it to! Danielle did my hair and did a wonderful job despite me not being able to fully describe what I wanted. It was stylish and never too much. (Big or hairspray) Both are fun, delightful people. My grandmothers did hair and makeup with us and both were delighted by them. I have already referred rare bird to a friend!

Sent on 03/06/2019
    Rare Bird Beauties 15
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 02/01/2019

Beautiful Work, Easy to Work With

I would absolutely recommend Rare Bird Beauties after my experience with them. They were incredibly accommodating throughout the process, as I was not certain who I was including in hair/makeup or who wanted to be included (I did not have a bridal party). They were happy to make any changes that were made even if it was last minute, such as adding people on or adding more services to the trial, such as my mother also doing her hair and makeup. The quality of their work speaks for itself and I would highly recommend checking out their website to see some of their looks. I could not have imagined myself looking better, and somehow they managed to do that as my hair and makeup day off was somehow more beautiful than my trial. Both Ioana and Jen were so easy to work with and made me feel very relaxed at both the trial and day off. I know everyone else who had their hair and makeup done had amazing things to say about them as well. I pretty much got exactly what I asked for and more. Rare Bird Beauties is worth every penny and more for their services. I couldn't be happier with them.

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Rare Bird Beauties 16
    Rare Bird Beauties 17
    Rare Bird Beauties 18
    Rare Bird Beauties 19

Denise · Married on 10/12/2018

RareBird Beauties Rock!

Jen and Stephanie were amazing! Not only are they amazing artists they are amazing people! While remaining professional they also made it fun getting ready with them and talking. Everyone felt very comfortable and that all their individual beauty needs were listened to and met-for both hair and makeup. My hair and makeup looked better than I could have ever dreamed of for my wedding day! They were very professional, communicative and punctual from the beginning to the end. I would highly recommend them!! Thank you Rarebird Beauties- you seriously rock!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2018

Unbelievable. 10 stars! As a Chanel freelance makeup artist myself, I am extremely selective when hiring others to do my makeup (honestly, this was the first time I ever had anyone else do my makeup for an event). I spent hours searching for a makeup artist. Once I came across Ioana's work, I fell in love and wanted her to do my makeup. It was further solidified at my trial after meeting her. Ioana did my makeup, my 2 bridesmaids, my mom's and my mother-in-law's on my wedding day and everyone loved their makeup so much. My makeup lasted perfectly through tears and 12 hours of running around. Her products are top-notch and she is so sweet and kind. I can't thank her enough for being a part of my day. I only wish she was local for me as I would love to have her do my makeup for special events in the future as she is so calming, kind and such a talent. Seriously loved her so much <3 She also sent me videos and photos of me talking to my dad just before my first look which was priceless. Their company name is the cutest too. I can't say enough about Ioana and Rare Bird Beauties <3 Love, more love, and so much gratitude from the bottom of my heart.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Rare Bird Beauties 20
    Rare Bird Beauties 21

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2018

OH MY GOSH! Best duo EVER!! I am beyond picky with hair & makeup and I couldn’t be more pleased with how everything turned out! All of my bridesmaids and mother loves everything. Even some who weren’t going to get theirs done ended up doing so after seeing the others!! They put time & effort in to each of us and we couldn’t have had a more enjoyable time. They listened to what we each wanted & made it ALL happen! So much love for these to ladies!!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Rare Bird Beauties 22
    Rare Bird Beauties 23
    Rare Bird Beauties 24

Jenny Nolan · Married on 09/08/2018

Vogue model status

I was so happy with my decision to use Rare Bird Beauties as my hair and makeup stylists for my wedding day. Jen and Ioana are professional and super talented, but they're also fun. They fit right in with me and my girls while we were getting ready, singing along to songs, telling stories, and laughing. They made me look like a vogue model, and I felt absolutely stunning for my wedding. Thank you so much, ladies! I could not have asked for better stylists.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Taylor · Married on 08/31/2018

I was referred by numerous brides to RBB - and they did not disappoint! Jen and Ioana are absolutely amazing! I felt beautiful on my wedding day thanks to their talent and patience. Jen knocked it out of the park when on the day of the wedding, I decided to change my hair style from what we had originally trialed. All three of my bridesmaids loved their hair & makeup - one even said that she felt more beautiful than she did on her own wedding day!! They took time to make sure that every woman felt beautiful and were worth every penny!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Colleen · Married on 06/23/2018

Let me start by saying RBB is AMAZING! They were one of the last vendors I had to choose and choosing a wonderful hair and make up artist can be stressful. They put me at ease immediately! I set up a test with them and everything was flawless. My stylist, Milian, is amazing along with everyone on the team! The online personalized page was also extremely helpful and when you're planning a wedding, ease of use is key!

On the big day, we also had Chadwick and Aviana. All three stylists were so kind and fun and the getting ready process was a true party! With that said, everyone looked flawless while still looking natural! I was floored by how glowing & beautiful my bridesmaids looked. They also did makeup and hair for the moms, my officiant, and my grandmother and they were all telling me that they've never felt so beautiful!

My hair and makeup was absolutely perfect and I was thrilled. I still looked like myself and felt more beautiful than ever! The groom was also blown away :). They are definitely on top of the trends making everyone look like effortless boho beauties!

If you're looking for a hair and makeup company with stylists who truly care about your vision AND care about making sure everyone looks stunning, look no further!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Loved working with Ioana and her team! Konstantine did my wedding makeup and my wedding party makeup. He does such thorough and beautiful work, and is such a joy to be around! All around great experience with Rare Bird Beauties - responsive, accommodating, flexible and all the other things you want in a wedding vendor!

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 02/17/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Ioana and Jen for my engagement session, wedding trial and wedding day beauty. They both are so talented and extremely warm individuals, which makes them very easy to be around! They made me feel comfortable and beautiful at all 3 appointments. Both Ioana and Jen went the extra mile for us. On wedding day, Ioana created a custom berry lip color for me (which i loved) and overall “Old Hollywood” glam. She also crafted our day-of schedule for our bridal party to accommodate everyone’s needs, even with last minute changes. My MIL still talks about her wedding day make-up because she loved it so much. Jen is also amazing. She meticulously worked on my curls until they were just so! Comb comb comb! She was able to stay to refresh my down ‘do prior to our ceremony. Fluffy snow did a number on my hair prior to it, and this was worth just a little bit extra to feel my absolute best before walking down the aisle! They were the first vendors I saw on wedding day, and it was truly a pleasure working with them from start to finish. They made me feel special, and I look at our wedding pictures and am so happy with how I look - still myself, but with beautiful glam! I would definitely recommend working with them.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Natalie · Married on 02/02/2018

I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to Jen and Lynzie from Rare Bird Beauties for saving us on our wedding day!!! After our makeup artist failed to show up, Jen was there within 30 minutes to help us! Even Ioana came to our house to help us out as back up.
    My girls and I looked absolutely flawless!
    Jen, Lynz, you both are amazing and I still get emotional just thinking about what you both did for me. I am one lucky girl to have such strong, badass, generous, kind, and caring women in my life!
    I will recommend Jen, Ioana and the rest of the Rare Bird Beauties to anyone for all hair and makeup services!
    ❤️ Natalie McCormack 5/25/18

Sent on 05/30/2018

Janine · Married on 01/27/2018

Rare Bird Beauties is an incredible team to work with! Pre-wedding, Jen & Ioana were extremely responsive via email and took the time to answer any questions we had. On the big day, we had the pleasure of working with Jen & Becca for hair and Ioana & Amelia for makeup. All four stylists were on-time, professional, and very talented! Everyone’s final hair and makeup looks were extremely well done and lasted all night. Overall RBB exceeded our expectations for a beauty vendor and honestly made getting ready really fun!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Brooke · Married on 11/25/2017

When I was early in my research, I saw RBB tagged in a photo of a mutual friend on Instagram- I instantly fell in love with the pictures and reached out to the bride. After speaking with her about her wedding day, I instantly knew I wanted to have the RBB team beautify me for our wedding day. I reached out to Ioana with positive thoughts she was available and DONE! Ioana was a true artist and everyone looked so natural and beautiful!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Vicky · Married on 11/17/2017

Rare bird beauties was the perfect make up hair decision for my wedding day . Ioana and hen were a dream and made my wedding morning so stress free! I was so happy with my final face and hair look , they made me feel like a princess which I how every bride wants to feel on her wedding day , right!! My make up and hair lasted all through to the night even though I was dancing like crazy! I cannot recommend rare bird beauties highly enough! This is the 3rd time iv used them , my wedding and twice before for my sister in laws weddings!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Mary Jo · Married on 11/11/2017

Rare Birds is magnificent. I worked with Jen from Rare Birds for several months to plan for a hair trial before my daughters wedding. Her overall dedication to matching my needs to the correct hair stylists and make-up professional was superb. They did a fabulous job for me, hair extensions, styling and outstanding make-up that exceeded expectations. Working with them long distance was delightful, very eager to please and always exceeding expectations. Very professional group, tremendous to mother of the bride, excellent for long distant coordination.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Colleen · Married on 10/14/2017

I had the best experience with RBB. Ioana did the makeup for myself, my mom, and all of my bridesmaids on my wedding day. Everyone was so pleased with their makeup and looked absolutely stunning. I have never felt more beautiful and that is all due to Ioana. She made sure that I loved my look every step of the way and took the time to listen to exactly what I envisioned. When I saw the final result, I couldn't believe it. She did an amazing job which exceeded my expectations. I would recommend RBB and Ioana to all brides or anyone who is looking to get glammed up for a special occasion. If I have to get my makeup done in the future, I will without a doubt be choosing RBB.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Joanne · Married on 10/14/2017

Ioana of RBB provided makeup for me (MOB), my daughter & her bridesmaids. We were absolutely thrilled with the beautiful and natural results. My daughter & I had a trial a few months before the wedding and were certain that we wanted Ioana; we never looked further. She is personable and professional, patiently listens to your concerns, has great suggestions and is very calm and reassuring. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/26/2017

J · Married on 10/08/2017

I worked with RBB a few times over the course of my wedding. I met Ioana and Jen at my trial run. They are both talented, professional women! Ioana did my make-up for my engagement shoot and wedding. I was beyond pleased with how well the make-up application lasted throughout each event, and how well it photographed. Our photographer highlighted Ioana’s stunning work, and I loved the results when we got our proofs. My mother in law doesn’t normally wear make-up, and Ioana knocked it out of the park on the big day! My mother in law commented on how awesome the experience was, and how comfortable she felt throughout the application. She still felt like herself with her new look - just more glamorous!
    After the wedding, I had a post wedding bridal shoot with my photographer. Jen and Ioana traveled out to my place for hair and make-up. We looked at a few of my wedding photos, and they recreated a look that was similar to my wedding day. The result came out equally as beautiful! I’m happy I found Rare Bird Beautifies and hope their business continues to grow.

Sent on 02/17/2018
    Rare Bird Beauties 25

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

I loved working with Rare Bird Beauties! A friend of mine used them for her wedding and had nothing but rave reviews. Ioana, the owner, was quick to respond to every email and made all the planning that goes into a wedding SO effortless. Amelia was our make up artist for the big day, and I can't say enough amazing things. She listened to what everyone in the wedding party wanted (including myself), and pulled their vision together perfectly. She was also super punctual, professional, and fun! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

Konstantine is amazing! I don't normally wear a lot of makeup, so when I was looking for a makeup artist for my wedding day I knew I wanted to find someone who make me feel glamorous but still stay true to my natural look. Konstantine went above and beyond!! I am so grateful that I found him and the RBB team! I did a trial with Konstantine before my wedding day. He took the time to learn about the look I was hoping to achieve and then explained everything he was applying during the process. WOW! I was blown away. I went in to my wedding day knowing I was in good hands which definitely helped ease some of the wedding morning nerves. I received compliments all day about how gorgeous my makeup looked. Despite unexpected record heat, my makeup lasted through the night. Everyone in my bridal party also had rave reviews about their experiences. Thank you again to Konstantine and the RBB team!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/16/2017

RBB exceeded my expectations for my big day! Iona and Jen did my hair and make up for my engagement pictures and wedding day and I could not have been happier with the end result! They also did the MOB, MOG and all of my bridesmaids and everyone looked incredible and loved the glam!
    RBB was very quick to respond throughout the process and was so easy to work with. They are very talented and made everybody feel very confident and gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2017