Randall Garnick Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Danielle
    Danielle P. Getting married on 10/23/2021

Fantastic Photographs

Randy was a superb choice as a photographer for my daughter’s wedding. He worked with us as we had a micro wedding in August 2020 in my daughter’s backyard. Randy was creative even with the limited space and he was able to capture many memorable photos which also included the Boston skyline. He created an album for me which turned out to be more than I could have imagined. There is one photo of my daughter that captured my heart. His photos are not only unique but they also show great depth and clarity. We are looking forward to working with him again when we have the larger celebration in October 2021. I would highly recommend Randy as a wedding photographer.
    -- Mother of the Bride
    Jacqui C. Married on 06/07/2021

Best Wedding Photos Ever

From the first email to the last email Randall was friendly and professional and really tries to get to know you as a couple to meet your needs. I planned my wedding from a distance and most of our communication was through email or phone calls and Randall made it so easy and was available at reasonable times. The photos came out AMAZING! I could not ask for better photos of our special day. If you're tight on budget, focus your money on a quality photographer like Randall. Flowers die, memories fade, but you will look back at your photos forever and remember your special day. It's worth every penny!
  • Richard
    Richard Married on 06/26/2020

Amazing Experience !!

Choosing Randall Garnick photography was one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding photographer. From start to finish, working with Randy was such a great experience. He is so passionate about what he does which is displayed in his work and his ability to capture every detail and moment. He is so personable and makes you feel very comfortable right away, and he genuinely wants to help capture your vision and bring it to life. It was such a pleasure working with Randy and we loved his photos so much!! I highly recommend choosing him as your photographer for your event.
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 01/04/2020

Exceptional

Randy was amazing! From the beginning he really took the time to get to know us and what our vision was for our day (even when we didn’t know ourselves!). His patience, professionalism, and artist eye truly captured all the memories from our wedding day. We can’t stop looking at the photos! His demeanor makes it easy to relax and be in the moment. His assistant was also exceptional! The both of them kept things moving in a calm and smooth way. The pictures they took really tell a story and we could not be happier! You know that you are in capable hands with Randy and we can’t wait to see the full album!

We also had him do our engagement photos which came out superb! You can tell he loves what he does and he is so easy and fun to work with. I really can’t say enough and I would highly recommend Randy!
  • Celeste
    Celeste Married on 10/12/2019

Excellent!

Randall Garnick and his photography team were phenomenal to work with from start to finish. Randy had always been sure to include us in every step of the process as well as to make thoughtful suggestions, expertly balancing our wants and needs with his expertise. Our engagement photos were beautiful and a great example of his ability to adapt when our ideal location wasn't as ideal as we had hoped. He quickly suggested an area we weren't familiar with that ultimately turned out to be the perfect backdrop!

On our wedding day, the photographers were attentive and warm allowing us to be ourselves while capturing every moment of our special day. They blended in seamlessly throughout our ceremony and reception and were able to draw out the love we have for each other along with the love and support from our friends and family. Our time spent with Randy after the wedding was a great experience as well! He was sure to include us in every decision but also made sure we were making quality choices so we would have a keepsake to cherish forever. The wedding album was so beautifully done and something we are sure to share with our parents, kids, and grand kids!

We would highly recommend Randall Garnick Photography to anyone looking for unbeatable professionalism, expert photography, and a warm, caring experience. We look forward to working with them year after year as we grow in our life together and expand our family.
  • Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 08/16/2019

Randy is awesome! Highly recommended

I am SO happy that we found Randy and I can't recommend him enough! After endless searching and vetting, we found Randy and were blown away by his work. He has an incredible ability to capture precious moments and knows how to really tell a story with a picture.

He was so professional and helpful throughout the entire process and made us feel at ease (which is hard because I am a type-A monster, but I trusted him do his thing!).

On the day of the wedding, Randy did an excellent job keeping us on schedule, wrangling family photos, and did it all so calmly and smoothly! His assistant was also incredibly nice and did an amazing job capturing candids (and knew how interact with the younger kids).

He captured our day perfectly and we will treasure these photos forever. Thank you, Randy!!

TLDR; I HIGHLY recommend Randy; very talented at capturing moments and telling stories with his photography.
    Maxine Married on 03/10/2019

Excellent on all fronts!

Randy is a fantastic photographer. He was always professional, courteous, and genuinely nice whenever we emailed, spoke on the phone, and met in person. His personality is very easy-going, which really helped us get comfortable having our photos taken in the engagement session and on the wedding day. He will put you at ease and on the wedding day, you won't even notice him (which is good!) as he's stealthy with getting the perfect shot. Though he may seem chill on the outside, when he's taking photos, you can see the gears turning to capture really beautiful and artistic images and he's always looking around for interesting settings to photograph you in. He also chose an excellent second shooter for our wedding day; they had great chemistry and he was also wonderful to be around. You can definitely trust Randy (and who he picks if you're having a second shooter)!

I chose Randy because I kept coming back to his photos during our venue search. He had photographed some venues we were considering and I loved his photos the best. I love how vivid the colors are, how creative the artistic images were, but also how thorough he is in getting all the photos you need (like making sure you got all the aunts and uncles, cousins, every permutation of your family members). He made sure we got all the essentials and more! He was abundantly prepared for any photographic and lighting situation on our wedding day, and pulled us aside for any creative shots he had in mind throughout the night. He was very efficient and never disrupted the evening when we did the more fun/creative photos.

He provides both high res and web res images for whatever you plan to use the images for (high quality prints large and small, portraits for parents, uploading to social media, etc.). Also he's really great at photoshop if you need a few things edited (like a scar) or removed (exit sign in the background, jogger in the background).

Creating the album was a really fun process as well. I will say, we opted to include many more pages than what was included in our package, which incurred an extra cost we didn't think about until we started actually reviewing what photos to put into the album. Everyone is different in what they want to include, and we erred on including more in our album. We are happy with the result! Randy put together a thorough initial draft, and having printed some photos out separately, we were able to cut it down to exactly what we wanted. He had done a fantastic first pass that we could then wade through and critically look at.

All in all, Randy is your guy. He's excellent at what he does and his passion for photography makes for a fantastic experience working with him. I look forward to having him capture future life and family events!
    Allison Married on 09/22/2018

Photography at its finest!

Randall Garnick Photography captured the emotions and beauty of our wedding in a way we didn't think was possible! We started working with Randy during our engagement shoot. Randy was willing to travel to Newburyport without hesitation to capture us in one of our favorite locations. His calm presence and creative mind allowed for a fun-filled and relaxed shoot, ending with ice cream from our favorite shop! On our wedding day, Randy and his second shooter Wayne arrived right on time, and this set the stage for a stress free process. I worked with Randy beforehand to create a photo shoot timeline involving many locations around Boston. Randy was able to carry out all of our wishes, and of course added many creative poses and ideas along the way. Randy is willing to be as instructional or laid back as you wish, but it's definitely helpful to let him use his professional judgement along the way. As for the end result, we are more than thrilled with all of the photos and our beautiful wedding album! The attention to detail and keen eye for capturing emotion clearly shows in all of Randy's work. Process wise- Randy stuck to all of his proposed timelines and worked very closely with us along the way. We can't thank you enough Randy!!!
    Tara L. Married on 08/12/2018

Amazing photos, great to work with!

Randy was our photographer for our August wedding at Wayside Inn, and we are thrilled with our pictures! We cared so much about wedding photos, we picked our venue with the photos in mind. The wedding went by in a blur, but we’ve spent so much time enjoying our photos reliving the day. Randy took amazing posed photos of us and also captured all the special moments. (When I saw some of the great candid shots, I was surprised because I didn’t even know he was there.)
    I was a little type A about the pictures and had some very specific photos I wanted. Randy was completely accommodating. He sent us a questionnaire before the wedding to hear all our ideas and priorities and to create a timeline for the day.
    The day of our wedding, Randy and his associate photographer (Savannah) were really working hard all day, even when they were getting rained on. Randy was well-organized but also relaxed. He knows how to tell you to pose to make you look good. We had an outdoor ceremony, and it started raining in the middle of the ceremony. Yeah, I didn’t want it to rain on our wedding, but –silver lining- they got some really cool photos of us in the rain.
    I also appreciated how Randy always replied to e-mails or returned phone calls in a timely manner. (I encountered many vendors who did not.) That reduced planning stress and gave us the feeling he valued our business. And Randy is a really nice guy to work with. Several people said, “Your photographer is so sweet!” We highly recommend him.
    Lindsey Married on 05/26/2018
    We worked with Randy for our wedding on May 26, 2018, and he was fantastic! From the very beginning, Randy was super organized. He gathered all of our "day-of details" and made a concise timeline for us. On the wedding day, Randy's calm, relaxed demeanor helped make the whole day smooth and stress-free. We had a large wedding party and family that we wanted various photos with and Randy was able to get all of the shots that we wanted very efficiently. We also did not do a first look, so the majority of our photos were taken between our ceremony and our reception. Even with this limited time frame, we were still able to make it to our cocktail hour, which was my goal! Randy, along with his second photographer Wayne (who was also extremely friendly and professional!) took some really creative and beautiful photos of us at various places at our venue. The results so far have been AMAZING and I cannot wait to see the whole album. Would highly recommend!!!
    Nikita Married on 04/27/2018
    We had Randy as a second photographer on our wedding day and he was phenomenal. Randy
    photographed the groom and groomsmen getting ready while the primary photographer was with the bride
    and bridesmaids. He was professional, courteous, and fun the entire time. He skillfully struck a delicate
    balance between unobtrusively capturing candid, natural moments and making sure we also had plenty of
    carefully framed and posed group shots. During the photography session I was most impressed with
    Randy’s flexibility and quick adaptation to changing circumstances. We were getting ready in a hotel with
    multiple unique backdrops in the public lobby and attached restaurant, and Randy took the lead on
    working smoothly with hotel staff to enable us to get the photos we wanted in these locations while being
    respectful of the hotel’s other guests. This freed up the wedding party to relax and enjoy the moment
    without worrying excessively about logistics. When our original plan for outdoor photos was limited due
    to the weather, Randy was able to adjust on the fly with no stress at all. He helped us to vet other possible
    locations with his wealth of experience in Boston while keeping the atmosphere light and anxiety-free.
    When we found a new indoor location, Randy made up for lost time and captured an excellent set of
    photos combining serious and fun aesthetics. We were lucky to have him on our photography team; he
    was a pleasure to work with in the moment and we are delighted with the final photos.
    Caitlin Married on 10/14/2017
    Randy was wonderful to work with- skilled, responsive, professional, and understanding of my goals for the big day. Even though we had a short amount of time for our first look and family photos, he made it all happen and I was able to just absorb the moment! One of his strengths is using the landscape and lighting to create beautiful photos, and we are so happy with the product.
    Julia Married on 08/26/2017
    Randy and his staff were BEYOND WORDS- courteous, friendly, stylish, pros in the business.

Planning: Randy responded to EVERY email, phone call, question I ever had and put my mind at ease. He left a HUGE impression from the first day we spoke. Every encounter I had with him in regards to planning from all the changes and delays, they continued to process everything with ease.

D-DAY: Randy and Erika showed up early, dressed beautifully, directed my crazy family and friends with such ease you would think that they knew them for many lifetimes! They knew our location and the BEST places. The sun was setting and he had the most beautiful place picked out for us. I mean prewedding to the end of the wedding they were professional, kind, and just perfection.

the pictures: I HAVE NEVER EVER IMAGINED THEM TO BE SO AMAZING!!! Every single picture they snapped and sent were an emotional high. My friends and family could not speak enough of their abilities, skills, techniques- you name it they have it. THEY ARE THE BEST!!
    Andrea Married on 05/29/2016
    Amazing, Amazing, Amazing.

I can't say enough about how great Randall and his team were. Not only are their photographs absolutely beautiful but their professionalism and organization matches. Leading up to the wedding we mapped out a timeline for the day which worked to keep the photos organized and timely. Randall has a way about him that is just so calming which is amazing for a day that is pretty stressful. His second hand for the day was Wayne and he was also awesome. The two of them worked extremely well together and were able to capture beautiful photos. I would highly suggest working with Randall.
    Kristina Married on 05/04/2016
    If I could give Randy 10 stars I would. My husband and I actually had two weddings and had Randy at both. Our first wedding was a small, intimate affair and the second was a double wedding with my sister and her now husband. Not only did Randy give us a very fair price on both weddings (one was even a destination) but his pictures absolutely blew us away. He captured the days perfectly - the romance, the emotions, the love and most of all the fun! Randy is also just a great guy. Our first ceremony was in the Caribbean and when it rained on the day we were supposed to get married and we decided to try to push it out a day and hold out for better weather Randy accommodated us. He also got to know my husband and I so that he knew our personalities and you could totally tell in our pictures that he knew what the right moments were for candids and anything that was posed was carefully thought out. His eye is absolutely spectacular - I found myself looking at our pictures unable to believe that was actually us because the photos looked like they came from the pages of a magazine. Finally, as cheesy as this may sound, Randy made me feel beautiful. I felt at ease around him so I wasn't self conscious at all and I think he was really adept at picking the best angles to flatter us. Really, I can't say enough about how wonderful he was and how glad I am that we chose him. I would recommend him without hesitation.
    Stephanie Married on 09/12/2015
    I have nothing but great things to say about Randall. I knew from day 1 that I wanted to work with him to capture our wedding day. The first time my now husband and I met him in person at our engagement shoot, we knew we made the right choice. We were looking forward to working with him again on our wedding day. He was just what I needed on what can be quite a hectic day. He was so easy going and calming. He took such amazing photos that my husband and I will cherish forever. Friends/Family that attended our wedding have since booked him because they loved our photos so much :) Thanks, Randall!
    Andrea Married on 09/20/2014
    When I first contacted Randall & Theresa, we were leaning more towards a videographer, but when we met with them, we knew that they could document our day the way we wanted, and probably better than a videographer could. Everything about them exceeded all of our expectations. We (including our family & friends, & even a few strangers) were completely blown away by their incredible work. Randall & Theresa were truly a pleasure to work with. They worked with us to customize our wedding package & made everything so easy. They communicated with us during the entire engagement, were receptive to our ideas and pictures we wanted & helped keep the wedding day go smoothly. But mostly, they were able to capture the symbolism of our wedding ceremony, as well as the love, happiness, & fun of the whole day. They were completely unobtrusive, our guests barely noticed them, even though some of the pictures looked like they were standing right next to you. They even made a video slideshow for us (that I watch at least twice a week). We get to relive our special day every time we look at them. Choosing G+M was most definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Our pictures are simply breathtaking & the memories they were able to capture, will last us a lifetime. Randall & Theresa are the dynamo duo of photographers, absolutely incredible, and worth every single penny! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
  • Traci
    Traci Married on 09/12/2014
    I can't even begin to say enough great things about Randall and Theresa! Hands down, the best decision we made in regards to our wedding. At first, we were debating whether we even wanted to get a photographer (we were on a pretty tight budget since we paid for the whole thing ourselves), but when we saw their pictures pop up on the Knot and Wedding Wire we couldn't resist. Seeing their work made the decision pretty easy and it was so worth it. They have so many options and their packages are customizable so you can get exactly what you want. Not only are they incredibly sweet and friendly people, but they are so professional and talented in the way that they work together. Their passion for photography really shows in the breathtaking pictures that they produce. The day was absolutely perfect and we have them to thank for the amazing memories that they captured which will last us a lifetime.
    Shannon Married on 08/29/2014
    Randall and Theresa are just wonderful! After seeing a few of our friends get married and their amazing photos (they all opted for Randall and Theresa after a lot of extensive searching) choosing the photographer for our wedding was an easy choice. They're both wonderful to work with and really have a creative and artistic eyes when it comes to capturing what will be some of your precious moments. For my groom and I, shy individuals who tend to dislike having our pictures taken or being the center of attention, their genuine friendliness and down-to-earth easy-going nature really helped us open up during both our engagement shoot and during our wedding. The results are some stunning pictures! I still get questions as to who our photographers are from people admiring their work. You get the best when opt for them!
    Kate Married on 08/09/2014
    We knew that one of the most important decisions we would make during the wedding planning process was our photographer. We couldn't be happier with our choice of Randall and Theresa! Most importantly, they are amazing photographers, but also an absolute pleasure to work with. We so appreciated all the little things they did...sending us a cookie with our wedding date on it, helping to keep my mother on track while we were getting ready, standing out in the cold/rain to take our engagement photos, responding to all of our questions (and our mother's questions), etc. The list could go on and on.

We have received so many compliments regarding our photos. We would (and have) recommend them to any one getting married...you won't be disappointed!
    Ava Married on 07/12/2014
    Words cannot express how grateful I am to Randall and Theresa. They are amazing and make such an incredible team. I'm so glad that I got to work with them. Randall took our engagement photo's and he was so fun and easy to work with. We got so many compliments on our photo's and save the dates. We met Theresa on our wedding day, and she was so sweet and helpful. She was truly my angel that day. (I had some dress problems and she knew exactly how to fix it).

I was obsessed with their work when I first saw it at Wychmere Beach Club and wrote their name down and called Randall that day. I absolutely love their style. They have such an artist eye and really know how to incorporate the landscape into each picture. I've seen so many wedding photo's that are very clean and safe and I didn't get that vibe from their work nor from them. Randall and Theresa have something very special and unique. Anyone that meets them can tell how much they love what they do. They are so experienced in weddings and know exactly what to do and when to do it. I relied on them that day for support and for answers. I felt like they knew the most on what was going on. July 12th would not have been the same without Randall and Theresa. I'm so blessed to have met them.
    Anne Married on 05/03/2014
    I would highly recommend Garnick and Moore to anyone who is getting married. Randall and Theresa are amazing people who work so hard to get the most amazing pictures for your special day. When my husband and I first met Randall, he was very interested in details about us as a couple which made us feel very comfortable with him. Our engagement shoot was a great way to get used to having our pictures taken together. Randall made us feel at ease every step of the way. I would frequently email questions and got feedback right away.
    On the day of our wedding, seeing Randall and Theresa was like having a security blanket. They made me feel so relaxed from the moment they arrived. We had talked about doing a first look and decided to go with it. It is not the most traditional way to take pictures, but it was so special. They had set it up so our first look was just the two of us. I would not change a single thing about that special moment we shared. It was beautiful getting to see my husband for the first time alone. Our pictures came out great because we had plenty of time and weren’t rushing to get to the ceremony. We actually took most of our formal pictures before the ceremony and it made the day flow so smoothly. Throughout the night Theresa was there for every situation for me. My false eyelash came unglued and she was right there with glue to fix it. My bustle was ripped out of my dress and she had pins to fix it on the spot. I feel like Randall and Theresa went above and beyond photographers and really helped make our day run so well. I couldn’t imagine having any other photographer.

• User1486317 2+ years ago
    Garnick and Moore...what to say, they are a class act, quite simply. Their work speaks for itself, by far one of the best duos in the US. Their professionalism is second to none, and their skills will put them at the top of the list of photographers, if they aren't already there...They are fun, they are easy to work with, and they're not "sales people" who are just trying to sell themselves. They don't need to do that. When you look at their work, you will simply say, "I want them to do MY wedding!" They were our #1 choice from the beginning, but my wife and I are rather indecisive so we decided to narrow it down from 15 other photographers...after studying EVERY simple detail, and comparing them all, with massive spreadsheets, we ended up right where we started, with Garnick and Moore...and we were thrilled all the way along the process....thank you two for making our wedding day awesome and helping us share the memories for the rest of our lives! BT One piece of advice, Book them early, they are POPULAR!
    Nicole Married on 10/12/2013
    I can't say enough good things about Randall and Theresa! Not only are they extremely talented and professional but they were both so amazing at capturing the perfect moments of our wedding. Every single person who has seen our wedding pictures has been blown away by how perfect they came out. It happened to drizzle a little bit during photos and you wouldn't even know it. We also did our engagement shoot with them and all the pictures were so incredible. I have recommended them to all the other brides I know!
    Kim Married on 10/05/2013
    Randall and Theresa are absolutely wonderful!! I spent hours searching for a photographer. I am so happy with my choice. They work nonstop trying to be creative and always working on capturing that perfect shot.Their photos are consistently good quality. I am struggling a great deal now trying to decide which photos I enjoy the most for hanging purposes and find this task almost impossible. The number of great photos are overwhelming. They are as good, if not better, than what they advertise.

A great joy to have on them with us on our special day. Very accommodating, calming demeanor, professional and a true joy to work with. I am so happy we got to know one another, they are genuinely kind and hardworking individuals. We were lucky we had them with us. They were so thoughtful and kind. They fit in perfectly on the wedding day.

Randall and Theresa worked my friends wedding a few weeks before my own and they were again unbelievable. Everyone who has seen our photographs can't say enough about them and often bring tears to peoples eyes for the moments of love they were able to capture. I would HIGHLY recommend Randall and Theresa!!! I always recommend for them with all my friends and family who are newly engaged, because of how I know they're work was with me and will be in the future! Choosing Randall and Theresa was one of the best choices of the wedding!!! Perfect couple I would want to share my wedding day with!! They knew how to keep me calm and work efficiently in a timely manner.

Bottom line: Randall and Theresa are both very hardworking, true to their word; wonderfully kind individuals; and who capture absolutely BEAUTIFUL and CONSISTENTLY GREAT photographs!! They deserve every award they receive!!!! I truly enjoyed their company!! I cannot say enough with regards to how happy I am with my choice!!!