Rand-Bryan House Reviews

Rand-Bryan House 4
Rand-Bryan House 5
  • Britt

Britt N · Getting married on 10/22/2022

Would Definitely Book the Rand- Bryan House Again!

Not only is the Rand-Byran House a beautiful venue with multiple options for a ceremony or reception, it's owners are top notch! Martha Liles, owner/manager of the venue, is organized and cares about the details. As a planner, I want the best for my couples- and this venue delivered. Martha worked with me to ensure the floor plan for my couple's reception was executed perfectly. She made suggestions on how to best utilize the reception space and gave advice on cocktail hour setup. In addition, she helped me coordinate a surprise carriage ride for the couple during the cocktail hour. Mr. Robert Liles was on site the day of the reception for questions, assistance with table moves, and as an additional contact for our reception vendors. In addition, Mrs. Wanda was on site to assist with any details- even lending a hand with the lighting of multiple tea lights and votives to bring the event space to life. Having held numerous events at the venue, Martha has worked with many vendors. When one of our vendors dropped out last minute, Martha recommended credible businesses that she worked with during past events. While we were able to work though the vendor issue, it was comforting to know Martha was just as concerned as I was about my couple not just liking, but loving their reception. I would definitely recommend this venue to couples looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks, Britt, for your feedback. It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to have future opportunities to team up again!

Josephine A · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Day

We had set our eyes on The Rand-Bryan House many years ago. Never imagined the day that our dream venue would actually come true. We hosted an intimate wedding reception for about 80 people and (about 60 showed) It was perfect! Magical and a romantic atmosphere! Our family and friends loved the breathtaking grounds. The kids enjoyed running around the lawns outside being kids, taking in the night sky and the string lights surrounding the windows with the beautiful view. Guests enjoyed the wrap around porch and the rocking chairs. Mrs. Martha (the owner) was amazing and a pleasure to work with. We were able to stay within our budget because she allowed us much flexibility. We were able to make it very personal to us, by being able to choose our own caterer and other vendors. Unlike other venues that are more restrictive. It was a perfect fall day. Writing this makes me emotional, remembering how beautiful of a day it was! Everything was breathtaking! We received so many compliments, during and after the wedding day. We are so happy our family and friends enjoyed themselves! Ms. Martha and her staff were so kind and always willing to help with anything they could before, during and after the date. Thank you Ms. Martha for allowing us to cherish these memories at your beautiful family home! xoxo Also, perfect surprise wedding gift, horse and carriage by Southern Charm Carriages LLC was the icing on the cake! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks for your kind feedback and for choosing us to host your special celebration! We're so happy your dream came true!
  • Juanita

Juanita Sikorski · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely the perfect place for a wedding or any special event

We would absolutely recommend the Rand-Bryan House for your wedding or event location. This was the first location I found online in the area when researching online, but looked at a couple of different options (everyone said to look at least a few places) before deciding to go visit this particular location in person. I am so glad we visited and decided to have our wedding at this venue. It is so beautiful and has plenty of charm. The natural beauty outside and multiple spaces you could hold the ceremony and reception were a plus and Martha, the owner, sealed the deal for us as she was incredibly helpful from day one through the conclusion of the reception. Her and her daughter, Audrey, were professional, welcoming, helpful, and truly a pleasure to work with. You can not beat the value you get with this location. We got so lucky with a venue that went above and beyond throughout the planning, rehearsal, and wedding day process as they made sure to assist with decorating, directing, and welcoming guests and vendors. I will most definitely host another event at the Rand-Bryan House ❤

Rand-Bryan House 6
    Rand-Bryan House 11
    Rand-Bryan House 12
    Sent on 10/28/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks for sharing your kind words! We're so glad you chose us for your special day and, since you are now living closeby, hope we'll see you again. Working with you was such a treat as you were so pleasant, organized and flexible! Best wishes to you and Christopher!!

Eric McCaffrey · Married on 10/12/2019

An Amazing Venue

We looked at several venues before choosing the Rand-Bryan house, but ended up being won over by it's combination of rustic charm and classy elegance. I'm so glad that we chose Rand-Bryan. In the end, not only did the venue live up to all it promised aesthetically, but the connections and advice of Martha (Manager/Owner) proved invaluable. She was able to connect us with several vendors who were lovely and knew the space well, and allowed us to plan our unforgettable day and evening easily. Thank you Martha for helping us make our wedding one of a kind and unforgettable. We could not have done it without you!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks so much for your comments! From the first contact when I met your mother, all through getting to know you and Jazmine, it was a blast. We're so happy you are pleased with your unforgettable day!

Jazmine Chesson · Married on 10/12/2019

Our October Wedding

I cannot say enough good things about Martha and her staff. All of my guests were blown away with the venue, the grounds, and the staff. We couldn't have done our wedding without the support from Rand-Bryan House! 10/10

Sent on 10/29/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

We were so pleased to be a part of this love story! Thanks for your kind words. Wishing you two all the best!

Lara · Married on 09/21/2019

Stunning Venue, Wonderful People

We are so happy we chose the Rand-Bryan House for our wedding celebration. It was the perfect venue for our special day! From the initial talks when we were visiting multiple venues, to the actual day, Martha was excellent in providing us with all the necessary information and helping to make sure our day went off without a hitch. We had an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception so that we could take advantage of the many, many beautiful locations this venue has to offer. We were able to choose our own vendors, and Martha also had multiple “extras” available that we were able to take advantage of for decorating and fun during the reception. The staff at Rand-Bryan were all very detail-oriented and they truly cared about making sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. We took pictures all over the property and they turned out so amazing! This is an absolutely stunning venue with wonderful staff, and my husband and I believe it should be on your list to visit and see for yourself! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing your good experience with us! It really was a beautiful day--- glad the pictures captured it so well. It was a pleasure getting to know you and being a part of this special time for you.
  • Celeste

Celeste Rivera · Married on 09/07/2019

Couldn't have picked a better venue

Martha and her daughter were a pleasure to work with. They communicated with you every step of the way. The venue was absolutely breathtaking. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a venue.

Rand-Bryan House 13
    Rand-Bryan House 14
    Rand-Bryan House 15
    Rand-Bryan House 16
    Rand-Bryan House 17
    Sent on 09/12/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thank you, Celeste. We enjoyed getting to know you and Tim! You incorporated so many great personal touches, from his woodwork to your centerpieces - it all came together beautifully!

Karen Carpenter · Married on 09/02/2019

Wonderful experience. Amazing folks.

My niece recently was married at the Rand-Bryan House and I served as her wedding planner/wedding director. The owners of the Rand-Bryan House were incredible to work with. They were extremely helpful, responsive and we truly felt they would do anything we asked of them to make the day the most special ever.

Rand-Bryan House 18
    Sent on 09/27/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Karen! It was a real pleasure working with you and Emily to plan such a special day. All the personal touches you planned were just perfect for our farm venue.
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 09/01/2019

beautiful and peaceful venue, wonderful to work with

We were so happy with the rand bryan house. I only wanted to look at one venue that fit what I wanted: century home with southern charm that had beautiful outdoor space. I knew when we visited that it was the perfect venue. Martha was great from the beginning and helped with a quick response anytime we had a question. We were allowed to have our dog in the wedding and when the rain came, she and her daughter wiped down the dancefloor so we could use it. Never would have used another venue! I wish I could live in that house!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/26/2019

Country Wedding in the City

Who knew that you could have a country wedding in the city? Finding Rand-Bryan House (RBH) was such a nice surprise! The venue is beautiful and the grounds are well kept. Martha, the owner, was so helpful with guiding us on some of the decision making along the way. Our wedding was on Memorial Day weekend and temperatures soared into the upper 90s. We still got married outside, but it was nice that after the ceremony guests could go inside to cool off when they needed to. I would highly recommend RBH to anyone looking to have an "out in the country" feel to their special event.

Rand-Bryan House 19
    Rand-Bryan House 31
    Rand-Bryan House 32
    Sent on 07/26/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thank you, Jamie! Glad everything turned out well. You planned so many great details--we especially loved the inclusion of the pups!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2019

Betond happy bride!

As a newlywed, I’d like to speak on behalf of someone who has been through the process of planning, deciding, dreaming, paying and loving every minute of being engaged. More importantly, I loved my wedding because of the vendors we chose and the people we had behind us!
    My husband and I wanted a venue that reflected our lifestyle/interests, allowed us to use our own vendors and would accommodate 115 guests. We are beyond grateful we chose The Rand-Bryan House and was able to work with the owner, Martha, for planning and executing our wedding.
    From day one Martha was punctual and responded quickly to our emails. She was upfront with all the expectations that came along renting the home, including allowing us nearly free-reign to decorate inside and outside. This meant we were able to turn the house into our dream wedding! Martha’s team helped coordinate and navigate the planning process alongside other vendors, including our catering, bartending, day-of coordinating, DJ and photography. The whole process was seamless!
    I am beyond happy with having chosen The Rand-Bryan House. If you’re looking for a venue that allows freedom to choose your own vendors, create and dream your perfect wedding, and help execute a flawless day, this is the place for you!

Rand-Bryan House 33
    Rand-Bryan House 34
    Rand-Bryan House 35
    Rand-Bryan House 36
    Sent on 06/19/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks for sharing your nice comments about your awesome wedding! It was the result of your great vision and plan, carried out by a dream team of vendors and helpers.

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2019

Spring wedding

The Rand -Bryan House is the perfect elegant Southern/Country wedding venue. The owner, Martha, was very responsive to emails and was willing to meet with me and my husband one weekend, as well as my parents another weekend, who traveled from out of town to see the venue. She will answer any questions a new bride may have. She also had a list of recommended vendors that I used (rentals/DJ/caterers) . The grounds and house are beautiful. The photographer took many great pictures outside near the barn, and the dining room is beautiful the way it is, no need for many extra decorations! This is a great outdoor-indoor wedding venue.

Rand-Bryan House 37
    Sent on 08/22/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thanks for your feedback! It was delightful getting to know you and being a part of your special day. We are so pleased it turned out to be "everything you hoped for"!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Barr · Married on 04/28/2019

The Rand Bryan House

Ms. Martha was very helpful! I've already recommended this venue to friends and co-workers!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Glad to be a part of your special day! You incorporated so many neat personal touches. We appreciate the recommendation!

Sherman and Rosemary Driver · Married on 04/13/2019

A beautiful venue for any occasion!

From the first time we met Martha and saw the Rand-Bryan House to the final day, we were impressed! The house and grounds are lovely and very private and perfect for the size of group we planned for our 50th anniversary. Martha was very personable and accomodating for our questions and needs and was present for the six hours of our celebration, in case a need arose. She also recommended our wonderful caterer, who we were thrilled with. We would definitely use the Rand-Bryan House for an event in the future---maybe a granddaughter??

Sent on 06/01/2019

Rand-Bryan House's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Rosemary. It was such a treat working with you and meeting your sweet family!
  • Odette

Odette Globig Roberts · Married on 02/16/2019

Wonderful Experience

Martha Liles was very helpful in helping set up for my daughters wedding. I planned it myself with her help and our photographer. They are very flexible in the hours that you need for rehearsal, photos, set-up, wedding and the clean up. It was very beautiful for the ceremony and they were very accommodating with my needs. I highly recommend the Rand Bryan House.

Rand-Bryan House 38
    Sent on 03/05/2019

Ayrica Rafferty · Married on 11/29/2018

Amazing!!!

If your looking for venues stop...this is where you need to go!!! Very responsive, helpful, and friendly staff!! The owner is very knowledgable about set up and the best ways to do things to make your wedding look wonderful! The place itself is gorgeous! I could not have been happier! We did our wedding at the end of November and the Christmas tree, decorations, and lights were up and it was so beautiful!!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Heidi Ludwick · Married on 11/02/2018

Wonderful experience

The venue is beautiful, inside and out. The front porch was a cozy place to chat with friends and have cocktails. It was an amazing experience, a dream come true!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2018

I grew up in California, so I was excited to have my wedding in a traditional southern setting. The venue is gorgeous! Scenic landscapes, gorgeous indoor event space, and beautiful wrap-around porch. I always wanted my wedding in a naturally beautiful place, and this was it! Martha was a joy to work with. So helpful! She has wonderful suggestions about how to execute your wedding dreams. It stormed the day of my wedding leaving the grass soaked. We decided to move the outdoor ceremony inside. It was still absolutely gorgeous and everyone was comfortable, cool and dry! The venue is a 15 minute drive from downtown Raleigh. Convenient for an afterparty! We had a beautiful day filled with love, joy, and fun. Thank you!

Sent on 07/25/2018
  • Jera

Jera · Married on 06/07/2018

The Rand-Bryan was perfect for our wedding/reception. The house is beautiful and spacious, and the property is pristine. The owner, Martha, was so easy to work with. She made us feel like family and was there for us every step of the way during logistics planning.
    Compared to the other venues we visited, this was the most beautiful and most affordable option in the area. We are absolutely thrilled with the way everything looked on our big day.
    Do your homework and include this as one of your options. You'll see why we chose the Rand-Bryan.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Anastasia · Married on 06/01/2018

Martha at Rand Bryan House was unbelievably helpful with our wedding! From the minute we met with her the first time until the wedding was over, everything was organized! Martha recommended wonderful vendors to work with in terms of bartender, caterer and events rentals and everyone was also equally wonderful. Our guests commented over and over on how great the reception venue was and I could NOT have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

Martha has a stunning venue and made our wedding day stress free. She helped coordinate vendors the day of our wedding and was very responsive and helpful leading up to our wedding day. You won't find another venue like this in the Raleigh area - I highly recommend using the Rand-Bryan House for any special occasion.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Denise · Married on 04/20/2018

The Rand-Bryan House was the perfect setting for a Spring wedding. The house and grounds were beautiful. Martha was very helpful throughout the process and made the day run smoothly.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Sarah · Married on 03/22/2018

This venue gave us the perfect atmosphere for our intimate wedding. We loved the old feel of the house mixed with elegant decor, and the spacious and breathtaking grounds.

More than just the venue, the owner, Martha, was endlessly patient and accommodating. Her communication was prompt and thorough, and she brought her industry expertise to the table to help us to make the best logistic and vendors decisions for our guests.

Thank you for hosting our beautiful night!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Kristin · Married on 03/11/2018

The Rand Bryan house was the perfect choice for our wedding! Martha (the owner) is so friendly and professional, and adds a personal touch to the venue as it was her childhood home. She took a genuine interest in our plans and details, and it is clear that she enjoys all the details that each person brings to every event at her venue. The house is beautiful and meticulously kept indoors and out. Our day turned out to be cold, but there was no problem switching our plans and holding both the ceremony and reception inside. The sunroom was gorgeous even on a cloudy day, and provided wonderful light for photographs. We could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Christopher · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I loved the property and Martha was professional throughout our experience.

Rand-Bryan House 39