Rancho La Mission Reviews

18 | San Antonio, TX

18 Reviews for Rancho La Mission

Lynn · Married on 05/21/2016

We are the PARENTS of the groom, but we were treated so special by both Raul and Michelle. The staff and owners were WONDERFUL! From the first time we met them, we were so comfortable, and never felt like we were imposing. BOTH Raul and Michelle went FAR ABOVE the call of duty on our son's special day, and we received TONS of compliments from family and friends. This was a fantastic place and will hold special memories!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Rancho La Mission's reply:

Rancho la Mission is pleased to know the event come out beautiful. May God Bless yall for many years to come. Thanks so much!!

Robert · Married on 11/07/2015

Awesome experience. Had a blast spectacular venue and world class service. I highly recommend it youll have a wedding that youll never forget.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/16/2015

Rancho La Mission was not my first choice, it was my husbands, but I promise you everyday I fell in love with it more ! The minute we signed and agreed to do it there I was ecstatic. Michelle and Raul treated us like their very own and I could not be more grateful with how amazing they made my wedding day !!! I highly recommend this ranch and their service...and I promise you if you choose the package with the wedding planner you will not regret it. Michelle was very one on one with me and everything I desired she made sure was incorporated somehow. I love the ranch, the site, the people it was such an amazing experience thanks to Rancho La Mission <3

Sent on 06/24/2015

Adrian · Married on 05/09/2015

Great in every aspect! Great service, great venue!!

Sent on 05/10/2015

emma · Married on 04/24/2015

Michelle did a great job !! She had 1 month to plan my wedding at it was beautiful! !!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Michelle makes sure that your day will be all you imagined with great detail. She's a sweetheart and does anything she can to make sure everything is as perfect as possible. The in house catering was a huge hit and amount of compliments were endless.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Hailey · Married on 10/11/2014

I had the most amazing night. I felt like an angel and everything was so beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Thank yall so much for making my night so special.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Christin · Married on 10/04/2014

Rancho La Mission was like a fairy tale. From amenities such as the playground, petting zoo, barn venue, outdoor venues to the awesome customer service from Michelle and Raul. Our day was perfect. Beautiful weather. Plush green landscaping. Plenty of great spots for romance. Great pictures can be taken anywhere on this venue. The new ponies were a hit with everyone, young and old. And I love Cowboy, their great Pyrenees. We would definitely come back one day for an Anniversary or maybe a wedding for one of our own children. Great time had by all. Thanks Rancho La Mission. You made our dreams come true.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Stefanie · Married on 05/10/2014

Rancho La Mission was a beautiful location to have my wedding. I couldn't have been more happier with the decision we made. The staff is very helpful. Michelle the wedding coordinator made my dreams come true. She did an amazing job in decorating. She put me at ease knowing I didn't have to worry about anything because she had everything under control. If you are looking for a beautiful venue Rancho La Mission is the place to book. Thank you Michelle and Raul for all your hardwork and dedication in making a brides dream come true.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Maria · Married on 06/16/2012

Wonderful place. Wonderful people. Wonderful experience!

Sent on 03/12/2013

The only complaint I would give to this ranch is that it is a tad bit pricey. But for everything that is included with your package, it is worth it. The venue is beautifully decorated, continues to make improvements and the staff is very helpful. Michele (the coordinator) is beyond amazing! She was very helpful through out the entire process and made sure our day was perfect. The venue itself is just gorgeous during the day but once that moon comes out along with all the twinkling stars and lights, it is the most stunning venue I have ever seen. Great place to hold any kind of event.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Audrey · Married on 03/26/2016

March 26,2016
    My daughter and new son-in-law got married here and it we could not have picked a better venue! It was gorgeous.
    Everything we were promised was fulfilled completely and then some.
    Raul and Michele went out of their way to make our daughters special day one she will never forget and we are beyond grateful.
    We would highly recommend this venue to everyone!!!!!
    Lee and Audrey Hahn

Sent on 03/27/2016

Rancho La Mission's reply:

Thanks so much! It was our pleasure to help make the wedding amazing. May God bless y'all!!

brittany · Married on 04/26/2014

everything was beautiful. I loved thebarn the most and unfortunately it was not done in time for my wedding,which truly broke my heart. My wedding turned outbeautfil anyway celebrating outside! I didnt feel the photobooth i paid for was announced enoughbecuase many people didnt know i hadone during the reception. i alsodidn't like how the restroom trashes were not taken out in the stalls and they were overflowing at the end of the night. Everything else was perfect, as a bride i feared everyone wouuld come to me withproblems and stress me out but the michellefrom thevenuetook care of everything andi had no worries. everyone had a great time and kept complimenting how beautiful everything was at the venue! i had so many people tell me it was the best wedding they ever attended.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2018

3.0

Raul was very friendly from day one. He listens to your needs, by making everything flexible and unique when it comes to decorations, entertainment, and any extra things you can think of for your wedding. Melida was my wedding planner and she was so sweet. She made sure all the small details were covered. I recommend this place for anyone who is wanting to have a lot of different unique things at your wedding because Raul allows it if you want, and I loved that! I only advice TO READ THE ENTIRE CONTRACT before putting down payment but that’s anywhere you go. I would recommend you have an idea of how many people at your wedding, do you want to cater. So make sure you have answers before going in. Once you understand the contract and you have a set date. You will be happy here!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Rancho La Mission's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica. We are happy that your happy. God Bless y'all!

3.8
      3.0

I got a lot of compliments on my ceremony and reception. Rancho la Mission is really beautiful especially at night with all the lights. Michelle was such a great help in getting everything together and making sure everything went exactly the way I wanted, I couldn't have done everything without her help. The few complaints I had was that there were a lot of wasps in the bridal suite, under the pavilions and in the bathrooms. Also there were staff members who I would've preferred dressed more professionally. Other than that everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Kat · Married on 04/21/2018

2.5
      2.5

Wedding set in January 2017 for April 2018 (outdoor), and we just pulled
    from the venue.
    The venue is pretty, and with Melinda hoping to make the changes she
    mentioned, it might be worth the $6000 (outdoor) venue fee alone.
    The booking experience can be best described as "wheelin' and dealin'."
    Basically, you are shown the total cost of everything they can offer you,
    then "Oh, if you book now, we can give you this for free/you can change
    this later." It is a good all inclusive package, so if you don't want to
    think about anything past a handful of things for your wedding-go for it.
    Our experience includes these examples for when we attempted changing
    certain things:
    1) Guest number decrease
    At the booking meeting we were told we could reduce the number of guests if
    necessary and it would bring down the overall cost. A month later, we
    wished to do that, and were told "look at all the free stuff you got, we
    can't do it because you already agreed and signed." Ok, fine.
    2) Contract Verbage
    After above guest count experience, we deeply reviewed the contract and
    found the following: No refund FOR ANY REASON. Owner can cancel event FOR
    ANY REASON. "Outside vendor fee" assessed if you use any of the vendors
    offered by the venue (whether free/included or not), with no value
    identified in the contract. I am ashamed that I signed the agreement after
    only a brief speed read. This contract has been frequently referenced in
    our communication.
    3) Cake and Catering
    After separate, written confirmation of only price reduction (no added fee)
    because we went with outside vendors, we were refused the full price
    reduction and charged a 50% fee...10 months out.
    In summary: read everything THOROUGHLY, get changes in writing and signed,
    and under-guess your needs b/c you can add things later.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Very · Married on 11/01/2014

2.2
      3.5
      1.0

Although the ranch is beautiful, and it helped make the wedding reception fantastic, I would not recommend this place. Guarantees and promises were made by the owner and they were not done. The way the owner conducts his business is shady to say the least. Warning if you book here record every conversation and make sure everything is in writing.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Rancho La Mission's reply:

Sorry y'all feel this way. Your wedding did turn out Amazing. I wish y'all the best and may God continue to bless y'all for years to come.

Chris · Married on 10/17/2015

1.0

Raul is a SCAM ARTIST!!!! Brides and grooms BEWARE!!!! Booked the barn 16 months in advance and was guaranteed it would be done.... Then a month and a half before our wedding was told it might not be done. And was never given a straight answer if it would be done. So we were forced to use there shitty out door venue. Even though all our planning and decorations were made for the barn. My now wife cried on many nights due to this venues dishonesty. On top of all this we were continuing to pay for the barn because they could never give us a straight answer. We ended up over paying $1300 for the barn we never got. Raul's answer to our email about a refund was nope your not getting it back the contract didn't say anything about a refund. Even though he himself broke the contract and did not give us 2 months notice on if we had the barn. So not only did we not get our dream wedding Raul also stole our money. We will be disputing the charges with PayPal and if that doesn't work we will pursue legal counsel. DO NOT BOOK RANCHO LA MISSION!!!!

PS
    He showed the barn to someone ON OUR WEDDING DAY and told them it would be done by December. I gave the bride and groom a stern warning on their way out to not trust Raul and told them he is a scammer. Also they let their kid out to play on our wedding day so he was running around all our guests. Not a classy place. our review helps others learn about great local businesses.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Rancho La Mission's reply:

The barn is open and available for all clients. I do forgive you for all the derogatory comments. We value our clients and will do everything possible to make their event amazing. I'm sadden to hear your experience was below par compared to many other people who enjoyed your wedding. We pray for you and your family and may God Bless yall for years to come.