Rainbow Gardens Reviews

111 Reviews for Rainbow Gardens

Heidi · Married on 11/06/2010

3.8
      3.5

You can't beat the value! The food was great (although the waitstaff cleared the plates while people were still eating, making guests feel very rushed), the minister was excellent (although he fumbled my husband's last name), and the DJ was fun. Having a package deal really, really takes the stress out and this place is worth it just for that alone.

Sent on 12/06/2010

3.8
      3.0

My fiancé and I loved how the outdoor ceremeny is decorated. I instantly envisioned getting married here. Then the venue that goes with the outdoor ceremony was okay. We are planning a wedding for 200 people and this place is affordable. I also liked that everything is included in the package so you don't have to worry about looking for separate vendors for everything. However, the reason we decided not to go with this vendor was because they rent the hall for 4 hours. For us that was a deal breaker. They did tell us we could buy an extra hour the day of the wedding but in our culture a wedding is a 7 hour event.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Vicki · Married on 12/06/2012

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

My wedding was beautiful, everything was great, all my friends can't stop talking about it. We all really enjoyed ourselves.It was just beautiful in the Garden Room. It was exactly what we were hoping for.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Jen · Married on 06/22/2013

3.4
      3.0

I got married at Rainbow Gardens in June. The garden room is beautiful, and I loved that the venue itself provided so many options that I didn't really need to worry about finding outside vendors for most things.

Here are a few details that I think are worth sharing:

Officiant:The officiant who did our ceremony was Pastor Bill, and he was absolutely wonderful. Friends and family are still talking about how lovely his ceremony was.

Food: It was good. Not really anything to rave about, but it was good, and we were happy with it.

Cake: Delicious! Moist and flavorful, and designed exactly as we wanted. This was another thing that our guests raved about!

Decor: They have an extensive selection of linens. We went with the upgraded rosette tablecloths, which I loved.

Bar: The bartenders were great! However, if you are thinking of having your wedding here, be aware that the wine is boxed wine (yes- poured directly from the box in front of your guests!), and the beer is canned. Thankfully we figured this out before our wedding and opted to bring in our own wine.

DJ: So fun! He kept the energy level up and had our guests dancing the night away.

Planning/Day-of Coordinator: This is unfortunately where I really wish things had gone differently. Our day-of coordinator was understanding, accommodating, and sweet, but the problem we encountered was that we had never met with her before. In fact, during each of our 4 meetings with Rainbow Gardens during which we planned our wedding, we met with a different person every time. This resulted in several miscommunications, different advice/opinions/understandings of the rules at the venue, and most disappointingly, I had to spend the precious time right before the ceremony going over major things with the day-of coordinator instead of being able to relax.

Overall, I would recommend RG, but I would insist on working with only one person. I think I would have given 5 stars if that were the case.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2015

3.4
      3.0

My best advice is if you plan on having a wedding here make sure you doublecheck everything from chairs to tables to linens that you pay extra for that they do not provide! Because the simple things that you would think they would get correct they might not.

Sent on 11/18/2015

2.2
      2.0

I planned my sister's wedding here and everything was wrong. The sign out front said the wrong names, there was no card box set up as requested, we ordered glasses since the venue uses plastic cups and the glasses were not ordered! Chocolate fountain was supposed to be available during cocktail hour and throughout dinner and it was only at our dinner portion. The candles weren't lit upon entering the dinner hall, the DJ and bar were NOT informed of the additional hour of time we pre-paid for and the additional hour of open bar. Three of our guests were charged money for drinks before we noticed! The coordinators (Stephanie and Taylor) were never to be found throughout the night and they had the keys to the bridal dressing room. Doug was the most accommodating of them all except he unfortunately wasn't working that night. Shout out to Louanne (one of our bartenders) who was super nice and was as helpful as possible during the commotion. I am a wedding planner and this was so unacceptable. I have more to say, except I am limited with space. Their saving grace is that they have a beautiful venue. Be careful with the coordinators when booking here.

Sent on 07/15/2013
  • MrsSmith11

Jazmine · Married on 03/14/2010

2.5
      2.0

I was at first excited about having my wedding at RG but after dealing with the staff and their venodors i would never recommend anyone have their wedding there. Marta was very nice and smiling when she fisrt met with us. She was actually recommended by another Bride so I was sure she would take care of us. She was nice BUT she didnt follow through with everything that she said could take place. Doug is an asshole! He shot down all of my ideas and what I was told could be done by Marta. Everything that she said would be minimal cost or none, DOUG said that it couldnt be done or that it was more tmoney than originally thought. He has no customer service skills whatso ever and not being a people person sure does not help at all. Dealing with brides he is very cocky and talked very porrly aboutn other vendors, especially Victoria's Chapel which I had previously viewed. Everytime I called to ask a question he acted as if i was waisting his time and wanted nothing more than to try to charge me additional money for everything. When I was already paying almost $70 per person. They fool you up front with all the discounts, credits and promotions through their preferred vendors. But its a family business and they are money hungry theives.

On top of all this my wedding was a mess and the video looks horrible because Im crying every 5 minutes. We started the ceremony almost 45 minutes late because the dj was given my list that i turned in to them a month prior with highlighted songs etc. He played the wrong songs for my ceremony and kept starting them over and over again.
    I paid for 74 adults and allowed 11 children. I had less than 60 adults show up and there wasnt even enough food for everyone, the bartendor complained all night to my guests about the tips he wasnt receiving, the plated appetizers were not served to the entire room and were not the description in their menu. We ordered pork tenderloin with a side honey dijon sauce. It looked like honey dijoun soup with pork tenderloin flavor..there was no meat in it. served on a cracker. On top of that they had 4 couples in the back room tasting my food in the middle of my reception and they filled their plates up like they were in a buffet. The cups used at my reception were small, cheap, plastic ones that were almost falling apart. Some of the dishes werent cleaned, the silverware had water spots, and overall the food was dry and tasteless.
    They cut the music off at 10 when my reception was supposed to end at 10:30 and starting ushering my guest out. (Remember that it was there fault my ceremony started 45 mins late) so my pictures afterwards of course were rushed so that we could make our grand entrance and get all the wedding stuff done. and my pictures turned out horrible; im glad i didnt use their photographer whom hasnt updated his website since 2005 or they wouldve been worse.

Not to mention, The servers took my cake, cut it up...and didnt even keep the top tier to give to use for our wedding anniversary which i specifically asked the guy whom grabbed it to make sure know one stuck their fingers in it. My daughter had stuck her fingers in it before the ceremony becuae it was just ou.

Sent on 03/30/2010

1.2
      0.5

i was a guest...I thought they did a great job planning the wedding and making sure everything was perfect. Well, my aunt went into the bridal room and so did I i swear it was like a sauna in there. It was so hot that when she came out she was sweating from head to toe and then started to over heat. She started shaking and I knew she was having a diabetic moment as well. When it came to me realizing what was happening, I told the staff what I needed. They all but one looked at me like i was stupid and did not even move. Finally my husband had to step in and yell at them to get their attention. After that she finally started to feel a little bit better. When it came to the protection of the lot my good friends car got broken into right in the front of their building. When asked to review the tapes they told us they were dummy cameras.
    My aunt also supplied all the alcohol to save some money and when it came to getting it back at the end of the night (she labeled all her's) they said they only had one case. Turns out one of the workers came by saw what the bartender gave her and said that can not be it. They open the locked cabinet under the bartender and they all were there...the bartender was trying to keep it all.
    Also when we first came in there was one cocktail table and no one was there to direct us where the presents go so as we see people placing presents on the wrong table we do too, as we do not see where the present table is. Until my friend came up to me and said it is over there so I moved my present there hoping the guests would notice and move them or place them there. That did not happen so the main female worker there I am guessing the manager told my aunt you have to move all the presents after 100+ gifts have been placed at the wrong table...
    over all I would not recommend any one using this vendor they don't care about the bride and groom or their guests they just want their money.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Mrs · Married on 01/12/2011

1.0

I noticed a few people stated that they never got to eat their dinner. Neither did I. Did not get a piece of cake. Thank god it was free. I felt very rushed the entire night. Marta is not very professional at what she does. From the moment we walked through that front door, we were treated just OK!. We were even rushed when it was time to just get information on the venue. They wanted to schedule appointments for everything and then rush you when it is suppose to be your time. My guests or my bridal party did not get to enjoy their dinner and they charge you an arm and a leg for it. To top it off she says I did not have any extra cake left and that was bull. We had less guests than expected, so it should have been cake left. I can go on and on about the negative things. But, the only positive thing I can say is that my guests enjoyed MY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!! We are being charged a week later for something that is suppose be be called "damage" and if you choose to hire them to do your wedding, check every nook and cranny for any damage. Bathrooms included. That is where we got hit with charges. Take me serious on this.

Sent on 01/23/2011
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 09/18/2015

0.6
      0.5

9/18/15 wedding, just got back from our honeymoon and I'm still heated!
    Good: Venue itself accommodated my 84 guests, and food and cake were very tasty
    Bad: The man named Doug. He was unprofessional said all the wrong things and never once made me feel special. Said things like "yea.. We’ve done like 100 of these things, or clearly you didn’t read the policy all the way through". I had silk peddles for my flower girls in his office the rehearsal day and the day of, he calls and says they need to be organic. Doug was never supposed to coordinate my wedding. Marta was, and every time I went to talk to her he was there. She would tell me one thing and then he would call and question it and say his famous word "yea.." and then generalize and never be specific. Ex. my 3 month out meeting, I walk in to see Marta. Ended up with Doug, and I ask what’s the best thing on your food menu and he says "yea, well it’s all good" and I cont. "ok but what’s the favorite so people like my food choice".Then he gave me the same answer. My phone conference weeks later, Marta calls and says I saw you choose steamed veggies, and I have to say they're hit or miss. The stir fry veggies are much better. So I changed it. This is ONE example of many unhelpful inconsistencies. Everything felt disorganized and rushed the day of. The room didn’t match the layout they gave us. My candy bar (that I handcrafted myself) was put in a dark corner where my mom asked mult times to have the lights put on over it. Never did the lights go on. My mom was never called in to be in certain pictures like the zipping of my dress. Now she’s sad! She feels like she wasn’t even there when we looked over the wedding pics. They give you 30 clean up time ours started at 10:30. They started blowing out my centerpiece candles 45 min till, rushed us all outside. I remember standing alone all hectic around me and my last song playing. Didn’t get to dance it. Mom went back at 10:45 to double check and the doors were locked

Sent on 10/02/2015

0.0

They were the worst. My daughter got married here a few months ago, the linens were dirty and falling apart, the wedding cake looked like it was made in someone's kitchen it was not done by a professional at the last moment they were charging extra for everything. Doug has to be the biggest liar I have ever dealt with, prior to signing the contract he is great and helpful afterwards he does not want to bend and tells you everything is an upcharge it is a joke. The food was cold and not very tasty, the top layer of the cake was wrapped in plastic wrap and handed to us no box, no protection. The photographer was rude and made nasty comments, showed up 45 minutes later than he told us and shoved everyone around and made sexual comments all night. The DJ was great and paster Bill was the best he did a great job and it all came from his heart. Look elsewhere do not use this dump the final straw was the rat running around as the guest were coming in to be seated they should be shut down!

Sent on 07/10/2013