Rafael Sotomayor Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Misleidy
    Misleidy C. Married on 08/18/2021

Misleidy and Margie Weeding

His original ideas and great love made the work much more enjoyable. The photos were spectacular with his ideas to make our wedding incredible and unforgettable. She would definitely recommend it. Thank you very much 😊
  • Auri
    Auri N. Married on 06/11/2020

Cousin's Wedding

I met Rafael through a wedding planner, a friend of mine, Owner of a Wedding Planner page in facebook in which Rafael is part of. It is named "Coordinadores de Bodas y Eventos".
    I was looking for a professional photographer for my cousing wedding.
    He is responsible, organized, and he is cualified for what he is doing.
    Thank you Rafael for the excellent pictures and for your professionalism.
    Rosemary Married on 11/08/2019

November 8, 2019

Rafael was very easy to work with. He has great editing skills and can really put a beautiful vision in one album that tells a beautiful story. He is on time and a very down to earth person. I’m glad he was there for our big day.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Bailey Married on 04/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael was amazing to work with! We called him the day before on a whim, and he drove to the other side of the island (at no extra charge no less) and walked onto a location to which he had never been before. He immediately saw the best angles, shots, and lighting to create truly memorable images. He made us feel incredibly comfortable and relaxed, and we truly enjoyed our experience.... and then there are the pictures. In a word - INCREDIBLE!! If we didn't know it, we would have thought we were on a movie set. All in all, we would highly recommend Rafael for any photography work you may need. We will cherish these pictures forever. Todd and Bailey
    Robert R. Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing photographer

Rafael really is amazing. Truly talented and a very nice person. Within 2 days we already had received our wedding pics so we could pick our faves for our wedding album. His personality made every moment enjoyable and made us feel like we have known him for years. You’ll definitely want him as your wedding photographer!
    Madeleine Married on 02/17/2019

Just Great!

Rafael is an amazing photographer. So easy going and professional, makes working with him a pleasure! Really knows his job and truly enjoys it!! Highly recommended. You won't regret hiring him!
    Alaina Married on 10/27/2018

Fast Turn Around For High Quality Photos

Rafael photographed our elopement and I couldn’t be more pleased. There was some confusion with the location of the wedding with the officiant, but Rafael took it upon himself to straighten it all out and make sure that we were married in the spot we wanted. The photos are amazing. He had several ready for us to see just a few hours later and we got the link for the rest by the next day. He gave us plenty of options to choose from and I can’t wait to get prints. I highly recommend Rafael.
    Elizabeth Married on 09/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This was simply the best experience Rafael captured the essence of our joy and the beauty of the setting with impeccable precision! Our families who couldn’t be with us were moved to tears by his photography. Very quick turn around on having the photos touched up and ready for us. I would recommend Rafael to anyone getting married in Puerto Rico. You will be so happy.
    Leonard Married on 05/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael Sotomayor Photography was an absolute pleasure to work with. We could not be happier with our photos from such a perfect day. The beauty, emotion, and happiness captured will remain with us always,
    Victoria Married on 03/17/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Pete and I want to leave a fantastic review for Rafael! On short notice he was very accommodating to schedule our shoot. Came to the location of our choosing and stayed until he was happy we were happy. His photos moved us to tears. He is kind, funny and worth every bit what he asks. You won't be disappointed. Promise!
    Lenis Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very professional and great to work with. Was available last minute when another photographer was not responding to my emails/messages. He listens to what you desire and have in mind for your photo shoot and makes it happen. Very happy with our anniversary photos.
    Elizabeth Married on 08/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My daughters and I had a wonderful expierence working with Rafael. He was professional and his work is of great quality. My photos were ready within 48hrs and he continued to communicate with me upon ordering my photos. I am very happy with his service
    Lindsay Married on 07/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wife Lindsay and I eloped to Puerto Rico to officially start our lives together. We contacted Rafael to hire him as our photographer to capture our special event. What we did not know was that we were hiring a photographer that goes above and beyond any expectations. Rafael was able to capture the beauty of the moment, the romance in the air, and the love in our hearts. Our photos were something neither one of us have ever seen before. My wife historically hates having her photo taken, but even she felt most comfortable and was most pleased with the results of Rafael's artistry. Truly amazing! Would highly recommend Rafael to everyone. Thank you my friend for all you've done for us!
    Michele Married on 06/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael was great!! Highly recommend him! My fiancé and I are vacationing here in Puerto Rico and hired him to take engagement photos. We didn't have the greatest weather but Rafael was able to take and create beautiful pictures! You couldn't even tell that it was raining. We're so happy and pleased by our photos and got them back less then 24 hours later! Very professional as well
    Erica Married on 06/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I love, love, loved all my photos. They all were amazing. Rafeal is definitely the best
    Nidhi Married on 05/27/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired Rafael at last minute when our photographer wasn't responsive to our phone calls. He was very professional and arrived before time at the discussed place. At this point I was already a fan. Then we started taking pictures and his knowledge of lighting and willingness to spend time to take amazing pictures was cherry on top. We loved the pictures!! Amazing quality ??
    Alexiz Married on 04/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I absolutely love the pictures! Thank you for the great service and the amount of detail you put into your work..
    Jodi Married on 04/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael and his lovely wife were very fun and professional. Thy had great ideas for backdrop and photos. The final product came out great. They even gave us a ride back to the hotel when we were done. Thanks for helping to make our special day memorable. Doug and Jodi
    Jahmila Married on 03/05/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael was absolutely amazing! He was very professional and helpful. He kept in touch with me leading up to the wedding and afterwards. He even helps with moving the location at the last minute. You really can't ask for better than him. His photos are beautiful and he made us look like models on our day. We both aren't great at taking photos but these turned out to be more beautiful that I could ever imagined.
    Lisa Married on 10/01/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael was a great communicator and easy to work with. He made us feel comfortable and even got my kids to smile! His work was quick yet beautiful, and we love the results. We will definitely use him again.
    Michael Married on 08/31/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was born in Puerto Rico and had not been here with my entire family in over 5 years. It was very important to me to have pictures taken of us on the beach. I wanted them to be a reminder of my birthplace and of all the wonderful memories we had created. I was given the name of several photographers but I when I went to Rafael Sotomayor website, I knew he was the one. He did not disappoint. Our photos are beautiful. Everything I expected and so much more. I would recommend Rafael Sotomayor to anybody. His work is amazing and he's amazing.
  • Y
    Yahaira Married on 08/17/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael was excellent! He made me and my children very comfortable with having our photo session at the beach. I love the results and I would use his service again. I highly recommend him. Thanks Rafael for our amazing memories!
    Michael Married on 08/13/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We found Rafael through our wedding coordinator after our photographer had cancelled on us the day before our wedding. We were contacting him as late at 11:30pm the night before the wedding. Rafael was thankfully available and drove 3 hours to meet us at our wedding venue just so that our special day was not ruined. There was no additional charge or last minute fee that was ever brought up - although he could have easily chosen to do so as our wedding would have been ruined without him. He arrived as soon as he could, earlier than many of the vendors and began introducing himself and immediately made us feel comfortable.

He was very natural at taking photos and knew exactly how to position us and what pictures to take. He easily handled our large family and several children in and out of all the pictures. He was very patient with some of our demanding requests and accommodated everything we could think of. As far as the quality of the photos, they were all spectacular. Each picture came out crisp and clear in just the right moment. There really isn't anything else we can say, other than his pictures were absolutely perfect and he has such a talent for this. If we can ever find an excuse to use him again, we will excitedly do so.
    Danielle Married on 08/12/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If your are looking for someone to capture the best moments, with the most amazing pictures I've ever seen.... It is very clear the passion he has for his work!!!! I would recommend him highly!!!!!
    He was early for arrival and contacted me right away!!!!! He made my 10yr anniversary something I will never forget!!!!! ??
    Gabriella Married on 07/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rafael was amazing! He took intimate, creative, beautiful pictures of us. The 3 of us (me, my fiance, and my son) all look really great in them! I am so happy Rafael was recommended by my minister. I actually checked out a couple other photographers in the PR area, and you can tell by their websites alone that they don't come close to Rafael's talent! They really didn't have much to show on their respective web pages compared to the body of work Rafael has to show for himself. He kept in touch with me the whole two months leading up to the wedding by iphone and was very helpful with regard to some aspects of planning our wedding. He was perfectly on time for our ceremony on the beach, and I truly cannot say enough praise for how lovely the photos came out. Check out his website or facebook yourself. You will see.
illustration stars