Radnor Valley Country Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Hussain B. Married on 09/07/2020

Wedding Reception

Nice and traditional classy venue.
    Alexandria Married on 06/16/2018
    We cannot thank Barbara and the staff here enough for making my wedding day absolutely perfect. Everything about this place is absolutely gorgeous. We received so many compliments from the guests on how wonderful it was and how amazing the food was. We even had some left overs to enjoy for a few days! Barbara was a huge help and was a major reason we decided to go with this venue. She really knows what she is talking about and goes out of her way to make sure everything is perfect! She sincerely cares about each client! She met with me a few times and always made herself available for advice and help! She also worked super well with my mom, which was just amazing! I highly recommend Radnor Valley Country Club as your venue, you definitely will not regret it!
    Alan Married on 05/19/2018
    Beautiful venue. Staff was excellent. Made our wedding extremely special.
  • Katherine
    Katherine Married on 05/04/2018
    The venue is very beautiful. I can't wait to get married here! Barbara, the wedding coordinator was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this venue!
    Audrey Married on 11/18/2017
    Beyond exceptional is all I can say! From the initial contact to the last hug goodbye, Barbara Cunningham and Radnor Valley Country Club was a home run. I overthink every detail and knowing Barbara was there to support it all allowed me to stay calm throughout the entire process. The food, service, facilities and accommodations were all excellent. Radnor Valley Country Club is a perfect choice!
    Michael Married on 10/14/2017
    Barb Cunningham, wedding coordinator, was fabulous. Her staff was extremely attentive. Food was delicious. All around great experience!!
    Lindsey Married on 08/26/2017
    We had our wedding reception at Radnor Valley Country Club and I can't even begin to describe how wonderful this venue is! They did an absolutely amazing job at making sure every little detail was perfect for our wedding day. The food was fantastic, the bars were fully stocked and never had too long of a line, the set up of the ballroom and outside patio for cocktail hour were beyond gorgeous. The event coordinator, Barb Cunningham, made the planning process so easy for us and helped us every step of the way with planning the reception. Barb so responsive to my countless questions and requests and was willing to accomodate everything we asked for. On the day of the wedding Barb was there making sure everything ran smoothly and handling all of the coordinating and details behind the scenes at the venue. Barb went above and beyond to make sure my fiance, my parents and I enjoyed every minute of the wedding reception and didn't have to worry about anything. (8/26/17 wedding)
    Debbie Married on 08/05/2017
    We had a wonderful wedding reception! Everything was beautiful and the food was fantastic. Barb is the best event coordinator! She took care of everything the day of the wedding, and she was so flexible and easy to work with, too.
    Robert Married on 06/24/2017
    Dear Barbara,
    Rob and I can't thank you enough for your assistance in planning the perfect wedding for our daughter Kelli. On Saturday, you did a fantastic job guiding all of us during the wedding reception and everything went so smoothly. It was such a beautiful setting, delicious food and great service that you and your team provided. We received the glowing feedback from our friends and family and we couldn't be happier. Thank you again for your outstanding efforts. It was truly a memorable event!!
    With grateful thanks,
    Mary Ann and Rob Silvestri
    Jackie Married on 05/28/2017
    My husband and I got married in May 2017at Radnor Valley Country Club. BEST DECISION EVER! Barbara and her talented staff at RVCC were impeccable and detail oriented. We had our ceremony outside on the back patio despite very scary forecasts of rainy weather, it held out and Barbara was extremely prepared for all scenarios. RVCC is a gorgeous Main Line mansion and the grounds and inside of the venue are too beautiful for words. We had 150 people which was a perfect fit for the giant ballroom. I feel we could have fit about 50-60 more people and there still would have been enough room. My bridesmaids and I got ready in the bridal suite and we felt taken care of the moment we stepped inside! I got many of my vendors of Barbara's vendor list and boy was I thrilled! Great professionals! The food was RAVED about---we had steak, pesto salmon, and mushroom option. All were delicious. Furthermore, the dark chocolate mousse was to die for! I am waiting in anticipation to get our wedding photos back so I can see all the beauty of our day over again. I just can't thank Barbara enough for helping make my husband and my wedding everything we could have dreamed of. Other than marrying my husband, the best decision I made was getting married at Radnor Valley. One of a kind wedding venue!
    Pam Married on 05/28/2017
    My daughter and I loved the venue right from the start. Easy planning since the ceremony and reception were both there. The setting, food, service, and accommodations were far above anything we were hoping for. I can't begin to describe how helpful and attentive Barbara, Amanda, and every staff person was.
    The only thing we had to do was show up. Everything was under control from morning to night!
    Thank you Barbara for making this day very special for Jackie and Eric.
    Natalie Married on 05/20/2017
    The venue is beautiful! A huge plus is that its a one stop shop! Great value for what you receive. Guests have not stopped talking about how beautiful it was or how good the food was. Barbara and her staff were amazing! I was treated like a princess! I had a ton of decor and they set everything up and took everything down seamlessly. Barbara makes everything so seamless, personal and special. They kept checking on us to make sure we had a great experiance. They were very accommodating and were willing to work with us on requests. She gives very honest advice and opinions and wont steer you wrong. She makes the experiance so special by whisking the bride & groom away for a few minutes of alone time immediatly after the ceremony and had appitizers, champagne and water for us. She even took out my veil for me. There was some type of delay with the guests shuttle through a company we used separately and she made sure I had no idea it was even going on! Took all the stress off me. She is great with dealing with wedding stess and would do anything in a moment to help realieve any stress that would come up. Barb and her staff were super attentive and answered all my questions and millions of emails. She even let me come to see a wedding set up the time of year our wedding was so I knew exactly what to expect. Cant say enough good things about the venue. Best choice we made! Its stunning and looked great in the pictures! Gives you that old mansion feel with beautiful gardens but all the modern ammenities you want / need! Worth every penny!
    Kim Married on 05/19/2017
    The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them— preferably in unexpected and helpful ways. Barbara, Amanda and the entire staff did just that ... EXCELLENT ... THANK YOU for a wonderful and memorable experience to cherish a lifetime. Love: Kim Sciole
    Liz Married on 04/29/2017
    My husband and I just got married at the end of April and we had our reception at Radnor Valley Country Club. Everything was PERFECT! I highly recommend Radnor Valley for a beautiful, classic venue, that has everything you would be looking for! The ballroom is a great space with a big dance floor, so our guests danced all night to the band's music. There is also a beautiful back patio, and we were lucky enough to have a nice day in April and used the space for additional room during the cocktail hour. They have beautiful grounds to take wedding party photos, and of course the building itself is beautiful. Another huge detail when picking a venue is who you will be working with, and Barbara Cunningham is the absolute best! She was so helpful during all of our meetings, and on the day of she was organized and everything ran smoothly. She took an interest in everything we were looking to do to make our reception special and helped make all of our ideas come together. Her assistant, Amanda, was also so helpful, as was all of the staff. Book Radnor Valley for your wedding!
    Stephanie Married on 04/08/2017
    First off, if I could give a higher ranking than 5, I would. Words can't express the gratitude I have for Barbara, Amanda and the rest of the Radnor Valley CC. My husband and I recently held our Wedding reception at RVCC on 4/8/17. To say everything was perfect, would be an understatement. From the beautiful entrance to the reception hall, food, service and of course, the grounds! Everything is stunning at this venue. Of course, some things happen during your wedding day that are completely out of your control, but nothing is out of Barbara's control.
    From Day 1, when I met Barbara on a tour of RVCC, she made both my parents and I feel at ease. She assured us she is always available with questions and that she would guide us along this adventure of planning a reception.
    The week of the wedding can be very stressful, especially for the bride. I took two days off prior to the wedding that I assumed would be spent at RVCC setting up. Not the case. The moment we arrived, Barbara took everything off of my hands. From the tables gifts for the guests along with koozies, Memorial table items, table cards, small decorations here and there...I didn't have to worry about a thing. She just told me to go back and "relax."
    I couldn't be more thankful for that moment.
    On the day of my wedding, I arrived early so that my bridesmaids, MIL and mother could all get ready using the Bridal Suite. Barbara had already had my dress out and hanging for me, as well as the bridal suite set up so we could get right to hair and make up. Brides to be, if you are looking for a place to get ready prior to your wedding, this is the place! The bridal Suite is full of natural light, plenty of space and beautiful itself.
    I can go on and on about how amazing this venue is, but really it is Barbara and her staff who take your experience to the next level. You won't worry about a thing, you can just enjoy the best day of your life.
    Michele Married on 01/14/2017
    RVCC was the perfect venue. We had a winter wedding and from the moment we walked on the grounds to look at it for the first time, we knew it would be where we would have our reception. Barbara and Amanda were outstanding. From the moment I started planning, Barb was offering sage advice on things that were unnecessary and she never let me lose my head. When we got last minute cancellations on our guests, she was accommodating and level-headed. She thought of everything. She gave me and my husband 10 minutes alone right after the ceremony to make sure we had a special few moments together during the day. Following that, my groom promptly stepped on my dress, breaking my bustle, and Amanda and Barb stepped in to pin up my bustle several times that night. They were always making sure I was having something to eat or drink and made sure we were always enjoying ourselves. The food was excellent as was the bar. RVCC was a dream and we couldn't have asked for anything better.
    Cyndi Married on 10/15/2016
    Barb and crew did a great job. We had a snafu the week prior to the wedding, but day of was perfect! Great service, great food, beautiful venue and great people. It could not have been a better day!

Sarah Married on 10/08/2016
    Where to even begin. We had our reception at Radnor Valley on October 8th, and we truly could not imagine a more perfect day. The venue itself is gorgeous, with so much character and classic elegance. The back patio with the beautiful columns, along with the indoor cocktail hour room, was the perfect size for our 200 guests. The ballroom looked beautiful, and it was easy to see that every detail of the night had been looked after by the team.
    And the team- I do not have enough words to describe how wonderful Barb, Amanda, and their team at Radnor are. From before we even chose Radnor Valley, Barb was so responsive in all of our communications. Throughout the wedding planning process, she would immediately e-mail me back or just call me to go over any questions or concerns I had. She would check in to make sure that I wasn't stressed, especially in the weeks leading up to our day. Barb is clearly able to handle any situation (including potential hurricanes headed up the coast), and she alone would have made our experience at Radnor Valley a wonderful one.
    Our guests have not stopped telling us how wonderful the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and just how perfect the entire evening was for everyone who came. It was truly the best day of our lives, and we have Radnor Valley to thank so much for that!
    Shamrock Married on 09/24/2016
    We got married 9/24/16. Having our wedding at Radnor Valley CC was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. The venue is beautiful. The ballroom is lovely, with neutral colors, so your décor really shines. There is a gorgeous patio, where we had our ceremony, and where guests mingled during cocktails. There are several lovely spots for photos, both indoor and out. The foyer of the clubhouse is elegant, and a perfect “first impression” for guests coming to the wedding. The food and service is outstanding. Our guests raved about the dinner—we served a choice of crab cakes, chicken Florentine or grilled vegetable timbale. The entrees and sides were delicious at the tasting, and exactly the same at the wedding. The passed apps and the Mediterranean station at cocktail hour were plentiful and delicious. The servers could not have been nicer. They asked our guests about food allergies, etc… and the timing of food service was perfect. The RVCC wedding coordinator, Barb, and her assistant, Amanda, ensured that the day ran exactly on schedule. They were so kind and helpful during the entire planning process, and they made sure that everything went perfectly on the day of the wedding. We always felt like we were in good hands, Barb made planning the ceremony and reception details fun and easy. Barb is detail oriented, and on top of EVERYTHING.
    Jillian Married on 07/30/2016
    We had our wedding at RVCC in July and everything was perfect! I could not have asked for a better reception. Barb was great and made the night flow perfectly. People are still talking about how great the food was. It rained for the cocktail hour, so it was inside but it was still beautiful! I am so happy that my husband and I chose Radnor Valley!
    Kristin Married on 07/09/2016
    Words cannot express how wonderful Radnor Valley Country Club was for our wedding reception. Barbara was fabulous to work with! She was quick to respond to any question or concern I had, and she made me feel very comfortable and relaxed throughout the whole planning process. On the day of Barb made sure that everything was exactly how I wanted it, and made the day run smooth from start to finish. The staff was extremely attentive to not only me and my husband, but our parents, wedding party, and all of our guests. Our guests all have raved about how gorgeous the venue was, and how incredible the food and service was. I highly recommend this venue for your upcoming wedding!
    Laura Married on 06/25/2016
    From the initial tour of the venue, to outlining the menu and coordinating the vendors right up to the exciting end of the reception itself, our experience with Barbara Cunningham, the event coordinator, was flawless. Barbara's assistant, Amanda, was amazing as well. The venue itself provided for a great flow from the ceremony through the cocktail hour and into the reception. Each went smoothly and flowed into the next without a snag, thanks to the expertise and on point intuitiveness of Barbara Cunningham. We can't say enough how significant her quiet coordination of everything ensured that out event was a night which will be remembered happily by all of our guests and especially our family. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. All of our plans were met to the high standards of our expectations . Barbara with the assistance of Amanda led the evening's events with a certain subtly so that the direction was not obvious but yet it was very effective and efficient. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend booking this venue with this staff. If you are looking for a well run beautiful and happily memorable evening, this is the place.
    Alexandra Married on 06/11/2016
    My husband and I celebrated our wedding reception at RVCC and couldn't be happier with our decision! Barbara Cunningham made wedding planning simple. She not only knew her venue inside and out, but also provided stellar recommendations on other vendors, including photographers and florists. When my bridal party and I arrived the morning of the wedding, a collective gasp was audible as we admired the stunning marble entryway and tastefully decorated ballroom - it was everything my husband and I imagined for our reception and photos. Not only gorgeous, RVCC offered an extensive menu; our guests raved about the food throughout the evening. My family and I cannot thank Barbara and RVCC enough for a smooth, organized, and seamless reception that kept our guests relaxed and celebrating all night!
  • User2648270 2+ years ago
    We were looking for an elegant mansion that could hold a large wedding with a big dance floor, and we found it with Radnor Valley Country Club. Three other factors that really made our day: the bride/bridesmaids can get hair/makeup in a suite of rooms upstairs, there are so many gorgeous options for photos on-site, and Barb (on-site event manager) makes it all run smoothly from day one. She was always available to chat and so accommodating with every request and in the end, really ran the show perfectly.