Rachel Smith Photography Reviews

Rachel Smith Photography 6
Rachel Smith Photography 7

Caitlin · Getting married on 12/31/2019

Excellent Photographer

Fantastic photographer. Super flexible when my MUA was late, the weather was sub-par, and the venue we picked was out of state. Couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome and recommend Rachel more highly!

Thank you, Rachel, for the amazing work! Something we will truly cherish.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Laura · Married on 05/25/2019

Professional & Talented

I can't recommend hiring Rachel to photograph anyone and everyone in your life enough. My (now) husband and I loved working with her on our engagement shoot and at our wedding. Rachel immediately put us at ease during our sunrise photo shoot in Fell's Point, despite the fact that we knew nothing about posing together and had gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. Then she and Arica managed to get some equally beautiful shots at our wedding 9 months later, despite groomsmen antics and know-it-all family members! We will be treasuring these photos for years to come and are hoping to hire her for family portraits when it comes time. Great value for service, professionalism, and enthusiasm - 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2019

Rachel Smith Photography

Rachel and her team were excellent! Not only did I absolutely love my photos my guests all raved about how nice and unobtrusive the team was. Which made the intimate moments they were able to capture beautifully even more impressive! I cannot say enough positive things, this team did not disappoint!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 04/06/2019

Best decision we made

Rachel over delivered in every single way. Not only was she professional, friendly and a joy to work with, but she worked so hard to make sure everything was how we had invisioned it- and boy, did she deliver. The photographs from both our engagement session and wedding are absolutely stunning, I couldn’t have wished for more in our photogpraher- she did it all, and more!! She came so highly recommended by some friends and now I know why.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Clark · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome Experience!

I cannot recommend Rachel enough to future brides! She is so easy to work with, flexible to ideas and the pictures turn out amazing. We had an engagement shoot with her prior to the wedding which really helped her get to know us and just prepare us for the wedding and what to expect. Our wedding pictures were perfect!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Austin

Austin · Married on 09/21/2018

There are photographers, and there are artists

Photographers are common; anyone can pick up a camera and snap a few shots. Nice photographers might have good equipment, know how to blend into the audience, and capture the moment unobtrusively. But a true artist not only captures the moment but elevates the photography from a snapshot in time to a level of art with a fine level of finesse.

Rachel Smith is an artist.

Rachel did a phenomenal job from our engagement photos through our day-of. She was super well organized, early to show up, and captured all of the special moments of our big day. She was able to step in and help orchestrate during the day, be a flower surgeon, and made amazing efforts to make our wedding run smoothly.

For those considering other photographers, ask yourself, do you want a photographer, or do you want an artist? I guarantee you won't regret going with Rachel.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Katherine · Married on 08/25/2018

So easy to work with and such amazing photos!

Rachel was amazing to work with from start to finish! We found her work through the preferred vendor list with our venue. She did a mini session with us so we could get comfortable around the camera and also shot our wedding.

On our wedding day, she made us both feel super relaxed by giving us pointers as we posed and ensuring all our photos were shot before the ceremony so we could enjoy time with friends and family during the cocktail hour and reception. We had the most perfect weather that weekend and Rachel captured it so well. We received a preview of the photos a few weeks post wedding – we loved all of them. It’s going to be hard to pick which ones we frame.

We are anxiously waiting for the remaining photos to share with friends and family.

Thank you Rachel!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

Wonderful!

Rachel took amazing pictures and was great to work with! She helped the day to move smoothly and captured each moment.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Rachel Smith Photography 8
  • User6171044 · 1+ year ago

We loved working with Rachel! She is professional, flexible, helpful and so talented. We felt comfortable in front of the camera because she made it fun. She also came well equipped for indoor and outdoor pictures and they all turned out equally beautiful. We highly recommend Rachel for any special occasion you’d like to get captured.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

Rachel is AMAZING! When I saw a friend’s wedding photos I knew I wanted her to photograph our wedding. She took absolutely stunning engagement and wedding photos for us. We got a ton of compliments and I am so happy that we will have these pictures to remember this time. And she is super sweet and easy and fun to work with!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Michael · Married on 10/14/2017

Rachel is more than amazing, she is awesome! . Rachel recently did our engagement photos, our wedding ceremony and our reception. Her photography is exquisite and she is a joy to work with. We can't imagine finding anyone better! She is the best!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Steph · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough amazing things about Rachel! From our initial conversation with her we felt completely comfortable, prioritized and excited about working with her. We did our engagement shoot with her as well and she is INCREDIBLE. Our wedding pictures (despite being an incredibly windy day) are absolutely beautiful. She is a dream to work with and the quality of her pictures are amazing. Her assistant was wonderful as well and both were able to work with outdoor, water and sunset pictures (they came out PERFECT). If you are looking for an incredibly personable, friendly, sweet and TALENTED photographer look no further! Thank you Rachel for everything :)

Sent on 11/25/2017

Lindsay · Married on 07/15/2017

Rachel is amazing! I could not have been more revealed to see her on our wedding day! I knew every special moment would be captured and she would keep us right on schedule. Her patience in dealing with all the moving parts of a wedding along with family dynamics is remarkable. I felt at ease all night and just new our pictures would be gorgeous! We recently received our previews and they did not disappoint us! The moments that we get to relive through these pictures are so meaningful and truly remind us of how special our day was! Rachel we can't thank you enough for the job that you did and how hard you worked through the heat and the long day to be sure we could have these memories forever, thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Krystina · Married on 07/01/2017

Rachel was fantastic to work with. When we initially met her, she was very friendly and professional - answering all of our questions, and believe me, we had a LOT.

She was the first vendor we met with, post-securing the venue, & she talked us through the whole process, all the packages, everything. We decided we wanted a friend to do our engagement photos, so she was willing to spend time with us at the rehearsal dinner in lieu of that, which was fantastic. On top of that, she was incredibly patient with us. Hiring the first person we met without checking out the competition seemed like we wouldn’t be doing our due diligence, but when it came down to it, we loved her portfolio, she was familiar with the venue, and most importantly, we felt right at home with her.

I mean, Rachel’s photos are amazing, but that last bit was really important & you can tell we were more comfortable in front of the camera with her. Despite not getting to know her in person until at our rehearsal dinner, she made us all feel comfortable in front of the camera, which I had been concerned about due to how awkward we were in a lot of our engagement photos. (In hindsight, I wish we had gotten those engagement photos done with her in addition to the rehearsal dinner!)

Leading up to the big day, Rachel was incredibly responsive if we emailed her with any questions, and again, was helpful through the whole process, providing us with timelines to work off of as we figured out our whole deal.

In the end, the photos turned out beautifully, just as we had hoped! She got us our highlight album (of nearly 200 photos!) within a few days, which was great to relive the wedding while we were on our honeymoon, and then our full gallery with edits not long after. If I ever had another reason to get a photographer, I’d reach out to her in an instant. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Rachel Smith for capturing our wedding weekend so beautifully!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Rachel Smith Photography 14
    Rachel Smith Photography 15
    Rachel Smith Photography 16

Maraya · Married on 05/20/2017

Rachel and Emily were absolutely amazing! Although our wedding day was hectic, Rachel and her team were so professional and kept us on time, ensuring that every family photo and moment we discussed was captured. The highlights we received were so stunning, I can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 07/09/2017
  • Timothy

Timothy · event on 12/16/2016

We hired Rachel to shoot our family holiday photos for the 2016 Holiday Season. I had worked with Rachel prior during some PR work and I really enjoyed working with her. We had a large family shoots with 6 young kids (all under 8 years old) - so you can just imagine what a challenge that can be. Rachel was simply terrific. We loved the way the photos turned out and are so happy to have such beautiful memories captured of our family (and extended family) forever. Highly recommend Rachel!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

Hiring Rachel was one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding. I researched and talked to several photographers before deciding, but after I met Rachel, I knew that she was the one for us. She has a way of making you feel very comfortable and relaxed, which is an important quality for someone who will be documenting the most important day of your life! We enjoyed working with Rachel at both our engagement session and on the wedding day. She was great under pressure - the girls took slightly longer to get ready than anticipated, but Rachel remained calm and was still able to get some gorgeous portraits of me in my dress before we left the hotel. Rachel also knew how to direct people and control a crowd, which was important for us because our timeline was tight. She put my husband and me at ease, while still providing us enough direction to get the perfect shot. Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous and we've enjoyed reliving the day through them. Everyone that I've shown them to comments on how Rachel did an amazing job at capturing the joy that everyone felt that day. Taking beautiful photos is one thing, but taking beautiful photos that convey emotions is completely different. Every correspondence with Rachel was so professional and she goes above and beyond to make you feel special. I can't recommend her enough - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • Lauren735

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

Rachel and Anna were absolutely amazing to work with! They captured every single moment beautifully and didn't miss a thing! We had a bridal party of 16 people, and they worked with everyone seamlessly to keep pictures flowing and on schedule. Our highlight photos were stunning and couldn't be better! Rachel chose amazing backdrops and lighting, and helped us time our sunset photos perfectly! Everyone who has seen our photos is blown away by how flawless and perfect they are!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Kathryn · Married on 09/10/2016

Truly cannot begin to express how amazing Rachel was to work with and how blown away we are with our wedding photos! From the moment my husband and I met her we knew she was our photographer - and we had literally already interviewed 4 others in addition to scouring the internet. Rachel was also incredibly flexible and professional - at the time of booking our family was going through some health issues and Rachel helped write a clause in our contract that would allow us to move dates with her if we needed to - and surprise! 6 months later we decided to move our wedding from September 16 to May 16 and luckily, Rachel was able to shift with us. It also called for rain for the week before our wedding and Rachel and I had multiple phone calls to come up with some rain plans, which we ended up using. She helped calm my nerves and reassured me that we would get amazing photos regardless of the rain - which she did! Day of, Rachel made everyone feel at ease and took both incredible photo-journalistic shots as well as beautiful portraits. We know we will treasure our wedding photos forever and are so grateful to Rachel for capturing such amazing memories!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Ryan · Married on 08/20/2016

Rachel was our wedding photographer and was an absolute delight to work with. We considered the photography to be one of the most important aspects of our wedding, and put a lot of thought and care into selecting our photographer. Rachel's online portfolio impressed us, and after speaking to her we knew that she would be the perfect fit for our wedding. This was no small decision, as we looked at dozens of photographers before deciding on Rachel. She particularly impressed us with her responsiveness, flexibility, and professionalism--both technically as a photographer and personally as a business owner.

Rachel traveled from Baltimore to DC to shoot our engagement photos, which were absolutely stunning. She quickly processed these photos and sent them to us after the shoot. Leading up to our wedding, it was great to know that with Rachel we had nothing to worry about.

On the day of our wedding, Rachel and her second shooter Kirsten were incredible. They captured so many amazing moments, and kept us focused and moving through the day despite the inevitable curveballs that popped up. We received highlights within a week or so of the wedding, and the full gallery a little more than a month later. Needless to say, we don't even know what to do with so many amazing photos. As a testament to her skill, one of her photos from our wedding got picked up by weddingwire's instagram and garnered over 4,000 "likes"!

Rachel is not only a talented photographer, but just a great person. We consider ourselves lucky to have found her.
    If you are thinking about working with her for your wedding or anything else, stop reading and contact her immediately.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Ashlie · Married on 08/13/2016

This is one of my last reviews for my vendors from my wedding because it's proven difficult to put into words how wonderful I feel Rachel is. My husband and I found such a gift in Rachel! From our engagement photos to our wedding day we felt so comfortable around her. We got married on a 100+ degree day with extremely high humidity, and not only did Rachel remain calm and professional taking outdoor photos, she helped us through it as well. The photos we received are absolutely breathtaking and the compliments continue to pour in. I also want to give a shout out to Rachel's second shooter, Arica. Arica also remained calm and professional despite the heat and was so easy to be around. These two wonderful ladies make such a great team. Do yourself a huge favor and book Rachel as your photographer. You will NOT be disappointed!! I promise!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/09/2016

Having great wedding photos was really important to me and I couldn't be happier with my decision to book Rachel! From the start she was professional, easy-going, and responded to my inquiries in a timely manner. Rachel shot both our engagement photographs and wedding. She was great at directing us with poses and was mindful of the little details (such as hair being out of place, shirts coming un-tucked, etc.). She didn't hesitate when we pulled out our Harry Potter wands for our engagement shoot and even did some research (watching all the HP movies) in preparation for our Harry Potter themed wedding. We loved that Rachel was willing to try anything - including setting off fireworks to get some AMAZING nighttime photos. We got married 07/09/16 and had wedding highlights (around 200 photos) by 07/14/16. Yesterday we received all of our wedding photos and I cannot stop looking at them. We have so many favorite photos and she captured so many great moments from the wedding day. We would hands down pick Rachel again and again!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Nurit · Married on 07/03/2016

Rachel is incredibly amazing and wonderful. Throughout the entire wedding planning process and through our wedding day, she was easy to work with and lovely to be around. She is so talented and creates beautiful photos. Even during our engagement photo shoot, she helped us feel comfortable behind the camera. She is extremely professional, and everyone who met her found her delightful. She captured our wedding day perfectly, with the help of her second shooter, Brea, and I would highly recommend either one of these amazing women to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Katie & David · Married on 06/11/2016

Rachel is so talented and such a pleasure to work with. She did an amazing job on our engagement and wedding day photos! We have gotten so many compliments on our photos and we truly love them. Thank you Rachel!!

Sent on 06/22/2016