Rachel Smith Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Tiffany
    Tiffany N. Married on 07/03/2021

Excellent Shots

Rachel is an excellent photographer. She created amazing shots for our wedding and captured every moment. Highly recommend her!
  • Alec
    Alec P. Married on 05/23/2021

Rachel Was Right

My wife Rachel, a known blinker, was so pleased by how her best friend’s wedding photos that she insisted on having Rachel Smith photograph our wedding. This was easily the best decision we made in the wedding planning process.

Rachel Smith is an absolute professional that I cannot say enough kind words about. She went above and beyond with us, helping us craft our best wedding possible. With her help we were able to create a wedding timeline that ensured we got the photos we wanted whilst able to enjoy our wedding day. Her photo style will last the test of time and we have already hired her for other photo stories and will continue to do so. Rachel understands the importance in having a good relationship with the couple. Your comfort and confidence in her comes through in the photos.

While planning a wedding can be stressful, you can rest easy knowing you booked Rachel Smith.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth B. Married on 04/24/2021

Rachel is the Absolute Best!!

I first met Rachel when she photographed my best friend's wedding, and we loved working with her for both our engagement photos and our wedding! Rachel's photos are absolutely gorgeous and captured our personalities perfectly. Most importantly, she makes the entire experience fun and stress free! She is a true professional and tackled all our crazy family photo requests like a champ.
  • Sonia
    Sonia V. Married on 12/27/2020

Amazing and best out there

Rachel was incredible. We did our engagement shoot as part of our package with Rachel, and then she shot our small wedding (and she will do our postponed wedding next September). I was so stressed the day of the small wedding and she calmed me down and was so flexible when I was running around busy. She also helped me STEAM MY DRESS which is well above and beyond the job description. I do not ever like photos of myself and I was not super excited about wedding photos and I was SO THRILLED with Rachel’s work. My husband was so comfortable and relaxed as well. She captured the amazing shots we requested, along with awesome candids, and found the coolest angles to take photos from. She was invisible too. We never felt like we were being photographed and it was only a 12 person wedding (so it was easy to notice any extra people). I am beyond thrilled with Rachel and will continue to use her for when our family continues to grow. We had children in the wedding and she somehow got them to smile and look at the camera also. She’s A GEM.
  • Rachel
    Rachel L. Married on 10/18/2020

Amazing experience with Rachel Smith Photography

Rachel photographed our DC micro-wedding in October 2020 and we couldn't be happier with our photos and experience working with Rachel. My older sister worked with Rachel for her wedding in 2019, and as soon as I got engaged my husband and I knew we wanted her to photograph our wedding. We never did an official engagement shoot, so Rachel made sure we had extra time for couples pictures and was great at directing us. She's a pleasure to be around and was a very welcome presence on our wedding day. I absolutely recommend Rachel!
  • DJ Stalter
    Dj Stalter Married on 10/17/2020

Very professional and relaxed

My fiancé and I never had pictures taken together professionally, and our engagement session with Rachel was our first time. We had a little bit of the jitters as this was our first time, but Rachel made it so relaxed and was so easy and wonderful to work with. We absolutely loved our pictures and will cherish them for years to come. Unfortunately the pandemic caused rescheduling for our wedding and Rachel was already booked, but she was more than willing to help us find a replacement if needed. Rachel is talented and a joy to work with. Thank you Rachel!!
  • Katie
    Katie H. Married on 10/08/2020

The best!

If you’re looking for a top notch wedding photographer, look no further – Rachel is extraordinary in every way! Her photography certainly speaks for itself – she is incredibly talented at what she does. Rachel captured every special moment of our big day, including details I didn’t even notice at the time. We absolutely loved our engagement and wedding pictures (as did our family and friends). Not only is her work amazing but Rachel is the perfect person to have around on your wedding day – she is flexible, kind, energetic, organized, creative, professional, and the list goes on. Rachel certainly exceeded our expectations – on our wedding day, she was there longer than she needed to be and helped in ways that went above and beyond perfectly capturing the day. We will cherish the stunning photographs and memories she captured for years to come. Thank you, Rachel!
  • Brittany
    Brittany E. Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing photographer!

Rachel has been the absolute best throughout our wedding experience! From our first point of contact to our engagement photos to our wedding ceremony, Rachel has been professional, personable and more than accommodating to our needs. Our dream wedding day did not happen as envisioned but we still feel that we had a dream wedding! Rachel was very organized and even remembered the names of our guests! Rachel captured moments that we did not anticipate on our wedding day, our favorite being an impromptu first dance in the streets of Fells Point. My husband proposed to me on the rooftop of our home and Rachel made it a point to incorporate our rooftop in our wedding photos. She found a way to capture all of our 23 guests without feeling like she was even there. We are so blessed to have these memories of our special day. We can’t wait for Rachel to be part of our Wedding Part 2 next year and look forward to having Rachel capture moments as our family grows. Rachel is definitely a keeper!
    Amanda A. Married on 08/29/2020

Very happy with our photos...highly recommend!

We had originally planned on having our wedding reception at the Peabody and really loved Rachel's photos from past weddings at the venue. Due to the pandemic, we ended up shifting plans and having a small ceremony instead. Rachel was super accommodating with our many changes of plans, and we're so glad she was available to take photos at our ceremony and afterwards. She had already scoped out some nearby areas that would be good for photos, so we had some great backdrops. Personally, I also really appreciate her being around before the ceremony. She was kind enough to help my mom and sisters when they were struggling with the buttons of my dress. We look forward to working with Rachel again for future photography needs. Would 100% recommend hiring her.
    Alexandra B. Married on 08/15/2020

Rachel Smith is an amazing photographer!

No one knew 2020 would turn out to be a total disaster but it was! Rachel Smith was my 3rd photographer due to all my wedding changes. There was little time to spare; Rachel was booked less than 30 days away from my wedding. I didn’t know what to expect but I enjoyed our phone conversation. She was so easy to work with and super fast!! She really tried hard to accommodate all my wishes. I really love my photos and I think we all looked like movie stars in them!! Everyone who sees my photos asks about my photographer and states she did not take one bad photo. I feel she has to be one of the very best photographers I’ve come into contact with. If someone is looking for a photographer that does amazing work she truly would be the one!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie S. Married on 07/18/2020

All around amazing

Rachel is not only an amazing photographer, but an overall wonderful person and a joy to work with!! Through 2 cancelled weddings, a last minute elopement in 100 degree July weather, and a third planned "last minute" wedding celebration, Rachel was supportive, flexible, and extremely helpful in the entire process. Her photography is amazing and she was so wonderful to work with. It honestly felt like we were taking photos with an old friend. If I could give her 10 stars I would. I could not recommend a better photographer!
  • Joe Sochurek
    Joe S. Married on 05/02/2020

Best part of 2020!

Rescheduling our wedding this year was a nightmare, especially when we found out our original photographer would not be available on our new date. Finding Rachel was such a huge relief. From our first video call with her, we knew we were in good hands. She is excellent at communicating, encouraging, and supportive. When we decided to have a microwedding with our immediate family, she was incredibly professional and respectful of the strict COVID protocols during the ceremony. Our pictures were ready very promptly, and turned out gorgeous. She was very flexible and understanding with our unique circumstances and we can't wait for her to photograph our larger reception later next year!
    Brandie V. Married on 01/04/2020

Rachel is a gem!

Rachel was listed on my venue’s recommended vendor’s list which is how we first crossed paths. She made the experience, from engagement shoots to the wedding day, so easy and fun. She is always ten steps ahead which means you can just relax and smile. She even got our dog to look at the camera, which is no easy task! When we got the first-look photos after our wedding I knew we were in for something special. Her talent is endless and she picks the right people to assist so you’ll get the photos you’ve dreamed of. I can’t say enough good things about working with Rachel. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
    Caitlin Married on 12/31/2019

Excellent Photographer

Fantastic photographer. Super flexible when my MUA was late, the weather was sub-par, and the venue we picked was out of state. Couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome and recommend Rachel more highly!

Thank you, Rachel, for the amazing work! Something we will truly cherish.
  • Muneeza
    Muneeza I. Married on 12/20/2019

So communicative, flexible, and overall wonderful!

We had to postpone, and eventually cancel our wedding due to the pandemic.
    So even though we did not get a finished product from Rachel, she was just the kindest vendor to work with. She was extremely communicative from the day we signed our contract, giving us advice on how many hours we would need for our reception, something she did not need to but she did! She even sent us a little postcard!
    Come the pandemic, and we had to postpone for three months, she was super understanding, supportive, and sent us the kindest emails. She kept us updated with Maryland's pandemic policies since we do not live in MD, and given her industry contacts, she was always the first to know the changes.
    Unfortunately, we had to cancel because we were not comfortable exposing our guests and vendors, and she was just the sweetest and most understanding person.

I am a big fan of her work on Instagram, and was really sad we would not get the opportunity to have those beautiful photos ourselves. I am currently recommending her to all my friends and family in Maryland for all their photography needs. She is just so wonderful and talented!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth J. Married on 11/08/2019

Engagement shoot, wedding photos and newly wed shoot (day after wedding).

Rachel is incredible. What we love the most about her is that she makes you feel comfortable. After our engagement shoot (our first time meeting Rachel), my now husband said “can we do that again?” She made us enjoy having our photo taken, something we dreaded in the past.

Rachel has a way of making everything fun and has an awesome sense of humor. She anticipates different situations and is quick to make adjustments to really enhance the outcome of each photo. She is super organized and detail oriented. She is so patient, professional and caring. She loves her job and it shows. We are so grateful we found Rachel. She is one of a kind and is just truly amazing.
    Shayna Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Photographer

If you are looking for a wedding photographer look no further! Rachel is incredibly talented and such a pleasure to work with. From the initial consultation, engagement photos, and all the way through to the wedding, Rachel was extremely easy to work with and made my (now husband) and I feel so comfortable. She was always very responsive and put all of our worries at ease. Rachel and Arica executed everything perfectly on our wedding day and we were so grateful to have them both there capturing our special day. We have just received our highlights and can't stop looking at them. Highly recommend!!
    Laura Married on 05/25/2019

Professional & Talented

I can't recommend hiring Rachel to photograph anyone and everyone in your life enough. My (now) husband and I loved working with her on our engagement shoot and at our wedding. Rachel immediately put us at ease during our sunrise photo shoot in Fell's Point, despite the fact that we knew nothing about posing together and had gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. Then she and Arica managed to get some equally beautiful shots at our wedding 9 months later, despite groomsmen antics and know-it-all family members! We will be treasuring these photos for years to come and are hoping to hire her for family portraits when it comes time. Great value for service, professionalism, and enthusiasm - 10 out of 10 would recommend!
    Jessica Married on 05/11/2019

Rachel Smith Photography

Rachel and her team were excellent! Not only did I absolutely love my photos my guests all raved about how nice and unobtrusive the team was. Which made the intimate moments they were able to capture beautifully even more impressive! I cannot say enough positive things, this team did not disappoint!
  • Meredith
    Meredith T. Married on 05/10/2019

Makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera!

Rachel is incredibly talented and we are so grateful that we got the chance to work with her for our engagement photos and wedding day! She is so fun and kind and makes you feel really comfortable in front of the camera. She captured absolutely magical photos that we cherish. We loved working with Rachel and can't recommend her enough!!
  • Annie
    Annie Married on 04/06/2019

Best decision we made

Rachel over delivered in every single way. Not only was she professional, friendly and a joy to work with, but she worked so hard to make sure everything was how we had invisioned it- and boy, did she deliver. The photographs from both our engagement session and wedding are absolutely stunning, I couldn’t have wished for more in our photogpraher- she did it all, and more!! She came so highly recommended by some friends and now I know why.
    Julie M. Married on 01/09/2019

Amazing Experience!

We loved working with Rachel for our engagement and wedding photos. She has an amazing personality and was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. We especially appreciated how, in a nice way, she corrected little things to ensure our photos turned out great (i.e. telling my husband when his hand was placed awkwardly!) We can't recommend Rachel more highly!
  • Ariel
    Ariel W. Married on 11/03/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!

If Rachel Smith is available for your wedding date, BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY! We recently received our wedding photos (literally on the day Rachel promised they would be ready), and we have looked at them no fewer than 100 times. The photos are stunning and we could not be happier. Rachel and her second photographer captured everyone and the wedding so beautifully and so naturally. We did not have a videographer at our wedding so it was extremely important that all our guests were photographed and we had at least one picture of every single person that attended. Aside from being an incredible photographer, Rachel was a dream to work with. She is so kind, positive, friendly and attentive while still maintaining the highest level of professionalism. She instantly made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and brought out our best. She played a pivotal role in the success of our wedding day and we are forever grateful! If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie C. Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome Experience!

I cannot recommend Rachel enough to future brides! She is so easy to work with, flexible to ideas and the pictures turn out amazing. We had an engagement shoot with her prior to the wedding which really helped her get to know us and just prepare us for the wedding and what to expect. Our wedding pictures were perfect!
  • Austin
    Austin Married on 09/21/2018

There are photographers, and there are artists

Photographers are common; anyone can pick up a camera and snap a few shots. Nice photographers might have good equipment, know how to blend into the audience, and capture the moment unobtrusively. But a true artist not only captures the moment but elevates the photography from a snapshot in time to a level of art with a fine level of finesse.

Rachel Smith is an artist.

Rachel did a phenomenal job from our engagement photos through our day-of. She was super well organized, early to show up, and captured all of the special moments of our big day. She was able to step in and help orchestrate during the day, be a flower surgeon, and made amazing efforts to make our wedding run smoothly.

For those considering other photographers, ask yourself, do you want a photographer, or do you want an artist? I guarantee you won't regret going with Rachel.