Rachael Marie Photography Reviews

37 | San Diego, CA

37 Reviews for Rachael Marie Photography

Katie · Getting married on 09/21/2020

Rachael is absolutely incredible! First off she is extremely accommodating! She made sure the date and time worked perfectly with my schedule. She also kept in constant contact with me and answered every question I had. I have done two different shoots with her. I did both with my boyfriend and she was amazing. The first was a wedding session and the second was a beach session. The first session I was very nervous because I am not good at posing or knowing what looks good for photos, (my boyfriend is the one who is good at that), but she guided me through everything step by step and the pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined! At the second session on the beach I was also nervous because of being in a swimsuit but I have never felt more comfortable with a photographer than I did with her and she knew exactly how to make me feel beautiful! She is the photographer I will use forever!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Jayna · Married on 11/10/2019

You’d be lucky to have her!

When booking a wedding photographer I went based off of whose style I loved the most. As soon as I booked Rachael, I quickly realized she goes above and beyond! She was absolutely incredible from the very first meeting and it hasn’t stopped! The first meeting was over FaceTime (due to distance) and she spent over an hour taking us through everything! She was so kind and professional! She went through her look books, pricing options, packages, what to expect, what to look for in photographers, etc!! We booked her two years in advance! That’s how badly we knew we wanted her! Fast forward to engagement shoot and this was our first meeting in person! Prior to the shoot we discussed the location, timing, etc! She spent the time to send mood boards of different outfit ideas she felt would photograph well in the setting as well as on me (what other photographer does that?!). Meeting for the first time it was like we had been friends for years! She instantly made us feel so loved and comfortable! She really is so talented at what she does! Our engagement shoot was about an hour and we received over 100 beautifully edited photos! (I didn’t know my man and I could looks so good!!). When it came closer to the wedding, she spent so much time developing a photography timeline, and created a list of every photo I wanted that was important to my husband and I. Day of the wedding her and her second shooter showed up looking so professional! As soon as they arrived they got to work taking detail shots. I had quite a tough timeline due to being adamant about not doing a first look and different locations for ceremony and reception and they handled it all with ease! They made sure everything on their end was taken care of to get the best pictures! Every single photo taken was BEAUTIFUL! What I loved most is they got so many candid shots of my husband and I as well as our guests! We love that we have photos of our friends and family enjoying our special day just as much as we did! We booked Rachael for 13 hours and she worked hard and amazingly through it all! I had absolutely no worry about our photos because I trust her completely! She is more than just a photographer to us but she also became our friend!! We love Rachael and you would be HONORED to have her photographer your wedding day!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Jasmine Olivares · Married on 11/06/2019

Perfect ❤️

The search is over, Rachael is your girl!! I knew from the very get go that I wanted Rachael to be our girl. I was looking for someone’s work who was warm, timeless, and romantic.. and she is just that. She walked us through the whole process, and made everything easy for both my hubby and I. I was afraid to be awkward but she made everything so easy throughout the shoot. This was our first photo shoot, and it definitely will not be our last. 2020 we will be booking with Rachael again, except this time a family shoot. I fell in love with our pictures, and they’re something we can have and cherish forever. Rachael, you are the sweetest, warmest, and most uplifting woman.. we’re thankful for you. Thank you x’s a million!!!

Sent on 12/24/2019

Gracy · Married on 10/26/2019

Intimate yet moody romantic goddess

Let me count the MILLION ways Rachael made our engagement session/ wedding one of the best days of our lives. She arrived on time to both occasions and ready to shoot. She is polite, kind, and has a lets get this done attitude. She talks to you like a friend and wants to know what your dream pictures consist of and makes them happen. She puts all of her efforts and passion into making you feel like YOU matter. We had a particularly uncomfortable falling out with another photographer previously due to them not being forthcoming about pricing. The moment I found Rachael via The Knot and contacted her she was an open book, she made time to speak to us (my husband and I) later in the day due to our work schedules. We spoke freely with her about money, our vision, and expectations. She's just a real person looking to fulfill her passion and get to know you and your vision for the most important events of your life. I will be using Rachael for any future photography needs and you should to.

Rachael, thank you for restoring my faith in people who love what they do. You're DA REAL MVP!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Traver · Married on 10/05/2019

Best decision ever!

WHERE DO I BEGIN?!

Seriously, this girl is amazing and truly so talented in everything she does!! I first found Rachael online and loved ALL of her work. Literally - I fell in LOVE with all of her photos— I knew this girl had some A-game skills!

She was super personable and VERY down to earth! I really liked that about her, she would FaceTime and communicate with me from time to time just to see if I needed any help with anything and it just felt so appreciative! Our wedding would’ve probably been so disorganized without her! She provided resources and a timeline of the day to make things go smoother, which was of tremendous assistance! She was such a big part of our day, I can’t even express how thankful I truly am to have had her as my photographer!

Let’s talk about the actual photoshoot! My husband and I are always so camera shy, especially when someone else is behind the camera —- (Will she get my angles correct? Am I gonna look like a potato?) Haha, some of us ladies know we have to take 17499328 selfies just to get the right one, let alone trusting someone else behind the camera to do the work for us. Well —- Have no fear !!! Rachael knows your best angle, she knows how to get the perfect picture, the perfect lighting, the perfect position, the perfect everything! I feel so HAPPY and IN LOVE with all of our photos!! She couldn’t have captured the day more perfect. She is SO comfortable to work with, my husband and I can be so awkward and insecure at times and she just made us feel so beautiful! She went above and beyond! I love that we took a little walk and adventured outside of the venue to capture some fun shots of us in the Philadelphia area! Working with Rachael was a blast and I’m so SO so grateful for her !!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER!!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Alex

Alex Frost · Married on 08/30/2019

Wedding Photographer

Rachael was the absolute PERFECT photographer for our engagements and wedding! Andrew and I live out of state so we had limited time frames to get things done and Rachael was so accomodating! One of the things I loved most about Rachael was how quick she always was to respond. She helped me come up with a schedule for our wedding day to help things run smoothly and ensure that I got ALL of the pictures that I wanted. All of the pictures are perfect. Her editing style is exactly what we wanted and she delivered. She is great about keeping to her contract and keeping you updated. If you have the chance to work with Rachael, DO IT!! You won’t be sorry! Rachael is the perfect person to capture all the special moments in your life.

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Sara

Sara Berry · Married on 08/17/2019

Best photographer!

Rachael is amazing!! Words can’t even begin to express how thankful I am that I came across her. My husband and I planned our wedding in just SIX WEEKS and the photo Gods blessed us with Rachael! She’s so down to earth and incredible to communicate with! She responds so quickly! She is such a joy to work with. My husband and I are pretty laid back with super sarcastic sense on humor. Rachael fit in with us perfectly! She made us feel like we were best friends right away! She’s not shy and she’ll guide you into getting every perfect picture! Her style is beautiful and moody and was just what I wanted. I can’t stop looking at our photos. She’s went above and beyond. She truly captured our small wedding of 28 people perfectly! I absolutely love her and could not recommend her enough!!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Krystal · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing photographer!

Rachael Marie was a dream to work with for our engagement and wedding photography. When first meeting with Rachael for our engagement photos, we knew we made the right choice! She is so calm and has such a positive energy about her. We had never taken professional pictures before, so my Husband and I were both a bit nervous and she eased our nerves and the pictures turned out perfect! She does such an amazing job at capturing candid moments and has such a good eye for finding that perfect shot. Our photos are so beautiful that I get teary eyed when looking at them. Further, she was extremely professional and fun to work with. Throughout the planning process, Rachael was easy to work with and provided feedback on our timeline and plans. She also helped keep us on schedule the day of, which saved the day. Extremely organized, and not once did I ever feel rushed. We had an outdoor wedding, and an indoor reception. She was able to capture the beautiful outdoor sunshine and natural setting, the surreal sunset, and then the bright lights of the dance floor. Her moody, romantic pictures that she captured, were exactly what I was looking for. I highly recommend Rachael and cant thank her enough for capturing the best day of our lives in such an amazing way. Rachael is absolutely incredible!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Alex · Married on 05/05/2019

Breathtaking photos!!!

Our experience with Rachel was nothing short of amazing. We booked her services about 9 months before our wedding date and she communicated with us every step of the way! Also, our wedding ran super behind schedule and she worked so hard to make sure we got plenty of shots. Finally, we knew our photos/video would be beautiful based on her past work, but we were blown away by their quality. Honestly, our special day could not have been captured more beautifully!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Carmen

Carmen · Married on 04/13/2019

More than just a photographer..

Words cannot describe this woman.. She went above and beyond my idea of a photographer. She is relational and loves to connect with her clients.. which made it so easy for us to be comfortable with her because we have no idea how to pose or look photogenic, i mean it can be awkward for me and my husband to take pictures but she helped us each step of the way! She was able to capture our story and the pictures that she delivered took me back to our special day which was such a gift. You will love her!

Rachael was so flexible with us. We had a couple hiccups before our wedding day and she just rolled with it. She is with you every step of the way from the moment you hire her. She has now become a special friend! She has such a special place in my heart.

Not only did she do our wedding photos, she did our engagement as well. I loved her touch to our photos. She has a great eye for capturing our love in a way we have never seen it before.

And finally, she did my BOUDOIR photos. It was great gift for my husband.. he absolutely loved it and thought that I was a MODEL! I embraced every photo and thought woah! ooouuuu thats me?? There was a hidden beauty and a different side of me that Rachael was able to reveal. She is so much more than a photographer. It was like she restored value.

Look no further. Hire her. She will not disappoint.

Can't wait for our family portraits when have a little one down the road!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Priscilla · Married on 02/11/2019

There's no one better!

Rachael is such a gifted photographer and exceptional person; I can't imagine anyone else chronicling my wedding day. In our initial email correspondences she was ebullient and warm yet real. She was a great listener and receptive to my many anxieties and particular demands. On the wedding day she helped me and my family feel comfortable during the potentially awkward ritual of posing for photos. She was professional and lovely; her presence genuinely improved the day instead of feeling like an imposition. The photos themselves make me so happy. She captured genuine emotion -- not just cheesy poses -- while making us look good! Perceptive, artistic, and relentless, she captured not just the night's attendees and happenings but also the energy and feeling in the room. Most importantly to me, the photos feel like us. Rachael is a dream, every interaction we had made me feel calm and confident in her abilities and desperate to be her friend. Hire her, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Wilkes · Married on 01/12/2019

Nothing short of AMAZING!

Rachael Marie was nothing short of amazing- she was super organized, attentive, appropriate, professional, uplifting, encouraging and SKILLED! For a “type A” bride, I was sure to keep a schedule/timeline and Rachael adhered perfectly to it- and even assisted in helping me make the perfect day-of timeline! She made me feel so comfortable and confident on my special day even adding in humor/laughter to keep me calm and happy! My now husband has always been camera shy but clicked with Rachael immediately. She helped him open up and captured the most amazing photos showing our love and personalities perfectly. She is astonishingly also able to adapt to people and environments! I highly recommend Rachael Marie!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Amanda Morehead · Married on 11/09/2018

The most AMAZING photographer you could hire!

Rachael is seriously the best photographer you can find. I'm not joking. My husband and I had done a previous photoshoot and were so disappointed with how things turned out. After finding Rachael through a friends recommendation by Instagram, I fell in love with her photos! The attention to detail and posing was extremely important to me. Not only was Rachael so so cool to "hang out" with during the shoot (because that's what it felt like) but she really took ALL the pressure off when it came to what poses to do, where to look, and making sure everything is in place (hair, dress, jewelry, etc.). OMG and when you hire her (because you should), the teasers she shares on Instagram will make you squeal with excitement for you to get your photos! I can't tell you how many times I would stalk her Instagram feed to see those previews! It's an amazing feeling to know that not only were you able to have fun and relax during the photoshoot with her, but you are also going to get KICK ASS photos in the end. If you're looking for photographers, STOP. Just hire Rachael and you'll be so so glad you did.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Dena · Married on 09/29/2018

I absolutely loved how my boudoir session came out!!! I was nervous at first but Rachael made me feel completely comfortable. Helped me with what to wear, showed me how to pose all around made me feel and look sexy for my soon to be hubby. I gave him an album for his wedding present which he loves. I would recommend her to anyone and will be using her for the future. I love that she does all types of settings from wedding, boudoir to family. Look into her page you won’t regret it. Definitely worth it!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Rachael travelled to Oklahoma for my photography and she is absolutely AMAZING! I was looking for the “moody” style photography for our engagement and wedding photos and she exceeded my expectations completely!! Our engagement shoot was so fun and laid back and Rachael made us feel so comfortable and they were stunning! On our wedding day Rachael captured all the intimate moments and when things went wrong she rolled with the punches and kept doing her thing. Our wedding photos came back and the were absolutely PERFECT!!! I also did a Boudoir shoot and I was extremely nervous before but OMG Rachael made me feel so comfortable and when I she showed me some of the photos I felt a lot more confident! When I got them back to pick some of the photos for my book to give to my husband on our wedding day I felt so beautiful and couldn’t believe I was the person in the photo!!! Rachael is an amazing person, very professional, very caring in what her “clients” want but at the end of it all she will be your BFF, and she puts in A LOT of time and works extremely HARD and it shows through her work!!!! Our picture turn around time was QUICK! And she is super good about posting sneak peeks on social media!!!! I would definitely recommend her for all your photography needs!!!!!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • BROOKE

Brooke Cameron · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely phenomenal

Words cannot even begin to describe the absolute AMAZING experience my fiancé and I had with Rachael! Our engagement shoot... stunning and so much fun! Our wedding photography... absolutely breathtaking and beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of! Boudoir shoot...OMG I have never felt more beautiful and comfortable in my own skin! Rachael is phenomenal! She is so professional but still makes you want to be her best friend at the same time! My husband makes fun of me because I told him after we met with her that I wanted us to be BFFs! She is so sweet and down to earth and truly wants to capture every moment that is most important to you! She was always available to answer any questions we had. Our picture turn around time... SPEEDY! It was so much fun to relive our Big Day with the amazing moments she captured. She captured anywhere from the sweetest first look I had with my dad to the crazy congo line my best friends and I formed on the dance floor. She was my favorite vendor I had at the wedding. One of my favorite things was how much she got to know Chad and I and what we wanted our photos to say about us. She captured the silliness of our engagement to the sexy of my boudoir and the true love that we will be able to show our kids and grandkids one day. I will DEFINITELY be using her to capture all the sweet moments life has to offer in the future.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Crystal · Married on 08/18/2018

I don’t even know where to begin to explain how incredibly perfect Rachael is at her profession, she is a true artist. My fiancé and I live far away from where Rachael is located, but we absolutely fell in love with Rachael’s portfolio and decide to schedule and meet with Rachael via FaceTime and then shortly after for an engagement session-from the moment we ended our first conversation, we knew she was “the one”. I know you may be thinking how crazy to think that, but besides your soon to be husband/wife, your photographer is next in line of importance on your big day. This is the person who captures your intimate moments and loving gestures, you yourself may not ever see from an outside perspective, the person who captures the most important moments of your life, ones you pass down to your children and grandchildren, and choosing Rachael was the best decision we ever made. Not only are the photographs just to die for, literally bringing you to happy tears when you reminisce, but the entire experience was unforgettable! As a bride who wanted something so small and intimate as an elopement, I was extremely worried about the horror of an intrusive photographer, ruining the romanticism of our elopement ceremony, but Rachael was invisible, so much so, we even had a deer (highly skittish) approach during our ceremony! She is so personable, professional, accommodating, supportive and truly just blends in everywhere and with everyone! From our engagement shoot, to my boudoir session, our elopement session and even our intimate couples session as Mr & Mrs, Rachael was just hands down incredible. There is no review that could do her and her photography enough justice or give enough praise, so just schedule with her and see for yourself! It will be the best decision you’ve ever made!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Sierra Stone · Married on 06/30/2018

Beyond amazing

Rachael is absolutely incredible. In planning for our wedding, I stumbled across her page on Instagram and I instantly fell in love with her photography. When we met up for the first time, I knew she was my girl. She is so passionate about her work and loves to capture the true moments, not just staged poses. Shooting with her was a breeze. Both my husband and I were nervous for our engagement shoot, since we had never done a photo shoot before, but Rachael put us right to ease. We basically just sacred our goofy selves and she created such beautiful artwork for it. She made both of us feel so comfortable and explained how we should pose and move to get the shots we wanted. She got to know us and how we interact with each other. When our wedding day rolled around, it was even easier since we had gotten to know Rachael from our engagement shoot. We didn’t even see her most of the night as she was capturing the moments (moving around like a ninja, lol)! Rachael is absolutely amazing. She is very easy to get along with and talk to... we clicked instantly. She is an AMAZING artist and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer who captures the true memories of your big day.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Rebecca Perez · Married on 05/27/2018

Exceptional photos

Rachael is a phenomenal photographer. Her photos are very organic and hauntingly beautiful. She does such amazing things with lighting, it's truly amazing! I would recommend Rachael hands down. It was the best decision I made the entire wedding (aside from the groom!).

Sent on 10/30/2018

Ciara · Married on 03/31/2018

Best Wedding Photographer

Stop searching and worrying about your wedding photographer - hire Rachael Marie today! I found Rachael after searching endlessly through Instagram and I’m so thankful I did. Rachael is truly incredible! Rachael is not only professional but personable. She has a way of making you feel comfortable in front of the camera no matter how awkward you might think you are. Rachael walks you through every step of the shoot - from the poses to fixing your hair. I’ve had the pleasure of having Rachael capture precious moments in my life three times: engagement, wedding, and a boudoir session (definitely do this, an unforgettable experience). Each time, I was in awe of the photos I received. A truly talented photographer. I look forward to having Rachael capture the next milestone in my life, no one I trust more behind the camera!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Brit · Married on 03/17/2018

Rachael is the best in San Diego, end of discussion. I was planning a destination wedding from NYC and I had extremely high expectations, which not only did she meet, she exceeded abundantly. Her photos are truly remarkable and she is a genius in her field. In addition to her superb photography, she is professional, prompt, accommodating and has an excellent personality. I viewed her as an extension to our family during our celebration. She was on top of everything and captured our wedding beautifully but not once seemed in the way of an intimate moment, which is important. I strongly encourage all brides to move quick on booking her before she is taken... and don’t forget to do a boudoir session too. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2017

Rachael is absolutely amazing, she is very attentive and accommodating. She helped us every step of the way from the moment we met to the day of our wedding, even with questions we had that didn't have anything to do with the photos. She is super professional and made us feel comfortable and we had a lot of fun taking the pictures. The photos came out beautiful we are so in love with them. This will not be the last time we work with her. Thank you Rachael so much!! :)

Sent on 11/27/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

After a while of searching for the perfect photographer and not being successful, my mom referred me to Rachael, a previous co-worker, my mom talked so highly of her so we decided to give her a try. We had no clue what to expect, but after we had our initial meeting with Rachael, we knew she was the one that we wanted to photograph the most important day of our life. She was beautiful, upbeat, funny, honest, and yet professional all the qualities we were looking for. She started off by doing our Engagement Photos, and they were breathtaking. I love how she is able to get the most natural photo that is full of life and love. To this day I still look at my wedding photos and I am so in love. She captured the biggest day of our lives in the perfect way. I just love every one! She even referred us to our florist and videographer which were both amazing! We love you Rachael, thank you for giving us the most amazing photos that we can cherish forever.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Jeanelle · Married on 09/08/2017

There isn't enough space on here to tell you all of the ways Rachael is amazing. My husband and I are very goofy and awkward, especially when it comes to direct attention and getting pictures taken. From the first meeting, Rachael made us feel so comfortable and at ease. No awkward poses or unnatural smiles, only us doing our thing with perfect prompting and staging. I am in awe of the magic she has captured. From our engagement, my boudoir shoot, to the wedding, and our couples boudoir shoot, every step was perfect. She is quick to respond, incredibly easy going and friendly, very talented, and extremely reasonably priced. I will recommend her to everyone I know! Endless praise. I will treasure these pictures forever. They are perfect, and no one else could have done better.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Cheyanne · event on: 04/13/2017

I am so glad I found Rachael! She is so incredibly talented. I viewed her work on Facebook and Instagram before finally contacting her to take our family pictures. Rachael selected the most beautiful place to take our pictures and even gave me advise and feedback on outfit selections. My husband and I had so much fun during our shoot, and she even got some cute pictures of us with our sweet dog. If your husband is anything like mine, he is not a fan of taking pictures. Rachael really made him feel comfortable and she captured real smiles and laughs throughout our shoot. After seeing how amazing our family pictures turned out, I decided to book with her for a boudoir shoot as a gift to my husband before he deployed. I originally scheduled the shoot for him, but found it to be very empowering and fun. I highly suggest women to do a boudoir session at least once in their lifetime! I thought I would be awkward and that it would reflect in my pictures. I could not have been more wrong. Rachael made me feel so comfortable, and constantly encouraged me throughout my shoot! She also helped me with poses by demonstrating the mechanics of the pose. I had an absolute blast during my shoot and I think I love my pictures more than my husband! I am so thankful I found such a great photographer to help capture life's most beautiful and treasured moments and we are excited to have her capture even more cherished moments in the future.

Sent on 06/01/2017