Rabbi Rochelle Tulik Reviews

10 | Rochester, NY

10 Reviews for Rabbi Rochelle Tulik

My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with Rabbi Rochelle. Since our wedding was 2000 miles away from home, we had phone conversations prior to meeting her in person before the wedding. She did an amazing job walking us through the whole ceremony, giving us lots of choices and feedback. Overall very supportive and the day of kept everyone laughing and calm. A great choice!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2012

Rabbi Rochelle was absolutely amazing. We were recommended to her by a friend, and thank goodness they did! We do not have close ties to a temple, and I am not "technically" Jewish, but Rabbi Rochelle did not turn her nose up at us or judge us in anyway. She understood that although Judaism is important to us, my family was not Jewish, and was able to make our wedding both religiously significant and yet accessible to all. She also understood that we wanted a fairly short ceremony, light on the heavy stuff (and that is was 100 degrees and we were in the sun), so she kept it right on time without ever feeling rushed. It was beautiful, romantic, and catered to exactly what we wanted. I would absolutely recommend Rabbi Rochelle to other couples!

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Aaron

Aaron · Married on 06/30/2012

I cannot say enough how lucky we feel to have had Rabbi Rochelle marry us just over a week ago. She was warm, fun, and made our ceremony feel very personal.

My wife and I were looking for a Jewish ceremony more on the reform side seeing as neither of us are the most devout of Jews. Also, we were on somewhat of a tight budget. Rabbi Rochelle was so easy to work with and presented us with a multitude of options for our ceremony and let us customize it exactly how we wanted.

The best part, aside from the ceremony itself, was the three meetings we had with Rabbi Rochelle prior to our wedding. It really helped us get to know her, and her us, leading to what was a very personal ceremony as opposed to just some fly-by-night Rabbi we hired to marry us and then never talk to again.

Through this process, Rabbi Rochelle has inspired us to want to learn more about Judaism and we can't wait to have her be our Rabbi and friend for many years to come.

Thank you so much, Rabbi!

Sincerely,
    Aaron and Dana

Sent on 07/08/2012

David · Married on 06/24/2012

Rabbi Tulik saved the day! She was a recommendation from a colleague of mine. Because I am from the East coast and my now wife is from up north, we didnt know any Rabbis in our area. The moment we met Rochelle, we knew it was a match! She is so bright, intelligent, funny, intuitive, and creative! She also worked with us. Since my wife is not Jewish (we did, however, have a Jewish ceremony) we needed a rabbi who took the time to explain a lot of the process. She also had pre-marital couples counseling to go over strengths and weaknesses in our relationship. SO VITAL! After our wedding was all said and done, everyone, including my mother who has worked in the Jewish community for over 25 years, said "we absolutely loved the Rabbi! Where did you find her!?" We loved her so much my wife is now taking Jewish classes with her to further her knowledge. We very much recommend Rabbi Rochelle Tulik! She's great!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Monica · Married on 05/12/2012

Rabbi Rochelle did an AMAZING job with our ceremony. She made it feel very personal, intimate, and sincere. She took what we wrote about each other and turned it into a personalized ceremony. There was not a dry eye in the crowd!!! She met our needs in terms of the level of prayer and Judaism that was incorporated in the ceremony. We couldnt have been happier to have Rochelle do our ceremony and to continue our Jewish exploration with her in the future. Thanks!!!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Erin · Married on 09/25/2011

We chose Rabbi Rochelle to officiate our wedding through a referral from a family member. We couldn't have been happier with her and with our ceremony. Rabbi Rochelle was fun, yet professional, attentive and patient. She took the time to get to know us and allowed us to have a lot of say in what we wanted in the ceremony. Rabbi Rochelle took the information that she had learned about us to personalize the ceremony, which created a warm, intimate and fun ceremony. We couldn't recommend Rabbi Rochelle more highly. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Kristen · Married on 09/18/2011

Rabbi Rochelle is fantastic, and I enthusiastically recommend her to Jewish and interfaith couples! For my husband Antoine and I, she provided thought-provoking spiritual counseling before our marriage and a flexible yet meaningful Jewish ceremony for our San Francisco area wedding.

We met with Rabbi Rochelle four times before the wedding and called/emailed frequently in between, and she was very responsive to our questions and requests, despite being in the midst of planning her own wedding! Most importantly to me, Antoine (who isn't Jewish and has limited experience in synagogues etc) immediately felt comfortable with Rabbi Rochelle. During our sessions with her, she gave us homework assignments that made us think deeply about our values and goals for our marriage (which our friends have since asked to borrow), and she helped us plan a ceremony that both reflected our personal level and style of engagement with Judaism and incorporated Antoine's African-American traditions.

And what a ceremony it was! Rabbi Rochelle gave a beautiful ceremony and sermon, with just the right amount of humor, and she chanted a lovely version of the seven blessings. Our guests continue to rave about how special the ceremony was. For some, it was their first exposure to a Jewish service, and many went out of their way to tell us how included they felt and how beautiful it was. My mother was over the moon.

Rabbi Rochelle's pre-marital guidance and her ceremony were the perfect way to start our lives together. Antoine and I feel so grateful to have had her as our rabbi on our wedding day - and for many years to come!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2011

In looking for a Rabbi, it was really important to us that we find a person with whom we could have a personal connection. We spoke with several officiants prior to making our decision, and while we met with many fantastic people occasionally it felt like the person was just going to drive in for our wedding, offer a generic ceremony, and then be out of our lives forever.
    When we met with Rabbi Rochelle it immediately felt different. We could both tell that for Rabbi Rochelle, wedding ceremonies, and interfaith ceremonies in particular, were more personal. She expressed interest in us as people, and in our goals and aspirations for the future, particularly regarding raising Jewish children. She seemed genuinely interested in helping us to start a Jewish family. Whereas with some others our meetings felt a little bit like we were interviewing them for a job, with Rabbi Rochelle we immediately felt that her goal was to guide us and help us. A little bit of sneaky research on our part (sorry Rabbi), and reading her sermon on Intermarriage only confirmed that belief. From the very beginning, throughout the preparatory process, and in the ceremony itself, it was clear that Rabbi Rochelle’s goal was not about the wedding itself, but more about spiritual guidance and making us feel welcome and part of the Jewish community.
    Rabbi Rochelle truly did a tremendous job. Our ceremony was light-hearted, deeply personal, and most importantly for us, really fun! Rabbi Rochelle got to know us as people and as a couple, meeting with us on multiple occasions before the wedding and listening to our wishes while offering guidance and advice. As a result, she really imbued our ceremony with a sense of intimacy. Further, as an interfaith couple interested in exploring Judaism together, we really hoped for a ceremony that everyone could enjoy and feel comfortable in. Our goal was to incorporate Jewish traditions but also to explain their significance and make everyone feel welcome and a part of the ceremony. Rabbi Rochelle did an amazing job at this; our ceremony felt Jewish but at the same time it was inviting and not in the least bit isolating. It was absolutely wonderful. Rabbi Rochelle made jokes, explained the historical and cultural significance of different traditions, and in a very personal way described our story and our love and shared that with our guests. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony. Everything we hoped for and more. We continue to have guests tell us how great our ceremony was, particularly Rabbi Rochelle.
    We recommend Rabbi Rochelle absolutely and without reservation. Our wedding day would not have been as amazing as it was without her. She was truly wonderful and we feel incredibly fortunate to now count her among our friends.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2011

We were very blessed to have found Rabbi Rochelle Tulik. After securing the venue we really wanted, only a few dates were available to us. We didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a Rabbi willing to marry us on a Saturday, before sundown, in the heart of summer. Feeling discouraged as I contacted Rabbi Rochelle (recommended by a friend, who's co-worker knew her), I was grateful that she wanted to have a conversation with me, to find out why we wanted a Jewish ceremony and why it was important to us. No other Rabbi took the time to ask. At our first in-person meeting, my now husband and I instantly connected with her. It was as though we were spending time with a good friend. She really took the time to get to know us, in order to have the ceremony feel more personal, and it definitely was. She was always professional; always willing to answer any question we had and go over each and every detail. I wish we could have the ceremony all over again, just for the wonderful experience we had with Rabbi Rochelle. She is someone we will always stay in contact with, as she made one of our most important days, that much more special for us.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Kristina · Married on 10/22/2010

How do I even start? We met Rabbi Rochelle because she is a patient of my optometrist husband Dr. Ryan Stybel. Ryan instantly loved her and told me we had to use her as our officiant for our wedding. We met a few times for coffee before the wedding and not only did she become our rabbi she also became a dear friend. She made us feel so comfortable and we could chat about everything and anything! She did an absolutely amazing job at our ceremony and everyone kept asking who was your rabbi?! Can't wait to spend holidays with her and her to be the rabbi for our little Stybels!! :)

Sent on 10/30/2011