Rabbi Meredith Cahn Reviews

Rabbi Meredith Cahn 3
Rabbi Meredith Cahn 4

Marisa Sarnoff · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

We are so, so incredibly grateful to have found Rabbi Cahn. I'm a progressive Jew, raised reform, and my husband is secular, raised Christian. We really wanted a ceremony that reflected both Jewish traditions and our current worldview, and Rabbi Cahn really got that, and helped us create a ceremony that was truly meaningful and joyful. She also got to know us, through plenty of FaceTime meetings (we live on the east coast) and pre-marriage questionnaires and articles. We loved the process of working with her to learn more about the ceremony, and the result was, honestly, perfect -- warm, inclusive, interesting, meaningful, and, of course, happy and joyful. The ceremony was my favorite part of the wedding. And, our guests -- a mix of religions -- absolutely loved Rabbi Cahn. They couldn't stop talking about how great she was! I can't imagine having done this with anyone else. She is also just a really interesting person who we are glad to have met. We are thrilled to have found her. Thank you, Rabbi Cahn!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Oh Marisa, thank you for such kind words! I loved getting to know the two of you and what a lovely event! All your friends and family were delightful and such a, well, perfect day!
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 07/07/2019

Wonderful Rabbi helped make our wedding day

Rabbi Cahn was amazing. Family and friends came up to us after the ceremony and thought we had known her for years, her remarks were that personal. She made us feel comfortable, opened her home to us, and really went above and beyond to get to know us before the wedding. We also really appreciated her guidance, both in the reading materials/resources she gave us as reference as we prepared to make this commitment to each other, and through the questions she asked us when we met with her.

As relatively lapsed Jews, with a mix of both Jewish and non-Jewish family and friends attending our ceremony, we appreciated the time Rabbi Cahn took both to help us craft an appropriately Jewish ceremony, and to explain the religious elements to our guests throughout the ceremony. Too often we have attended weddings where the ceremony either is too short or too long, but we felt that Rabbi Meredith helped us find that perfect middle ground length - about a half hour - where we placed enough gravitas on the ceremony (not just the reception) on our big day - but didn't lose anyone in the process.

I look forward to seeing Rabbi Cahn in the years to come.

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Rabbi Meredith Cahn 5
    Rabbi Meredith Cahn 6
    Rabbi Meredith Cahn 7
    Rabbi Meredith Cahn 8

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

I loved getting to know you two! And loved all the touches you and your family brought to the ceremony... Such a pleasure!

Allison Chakrabarti · Married on 09/02/2018

Rabbi Meredith was wonderful!

We had a great experience with Rabbi Meredith, who officiated part of our multicultural (Jewish-Hindu) wedding. She met with us several times beforehand, got to know us quite well, and delivered a Jewish ceremony that was sweet and thoughtful. She clearly cared not only about making our day special, but also about us as a couple. Multiple guests commented on the wonderful job she did. Thanks, Rabbi Meredith!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

That day was such a pleasure all around. So much love and joy. Glad to know you two. The two separate ceremonies worked in a way I never expected and I loved it.

Mark · Married on 06/23/2018

Meredith is really wonderful. She has an open, inclusive view of Jewish ceremonies and will work with you to construct the ceremony you want: ours had knot tying and a science experiment! Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about Meredith and the ceremony. One said it was the best Jewish ceremony he'd ever seen (and he's attended many). Several others praised her stage presence (which means a lot coming from our crowd of theater friends).

Sent on 07/09/2018

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Such a pleasure Mark. A ceremony I’ll never forget. With joy!

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Rabbi Meredith had been recommended by three individuals I knew - so I knew she would be perfect for us! Rabbi Meredith was kind, open-minded, and flexible when it came to just about everything! She really was able to understand our unique ideas of what we wanted in a very liberal, Jewish wedding. The three sessions she did before the wedding were extremely helpful, and we learned a lot about each other and about the Jewish traditions in the process. I really appreciated Rabbi Meredith's perspective on Judaism and how beautifully she integrated the traditions with our modern-day mindset. We ultimately loved the ceremony, and her words captured who we are very nicely! She was even kind enough to let us borrow her chuppah, which if you don't own one, are very hard to find!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks sarah! I loved getting to know the two of you and the variety of places we met.

Eliza · Married on 10/21/2017

Rabbi Meredith made our wedding personal, thoughtful, joyous and Jewish! Working with her was exactly what we were looking for. She explained all of the wedding traditions, their history, meaning, and contemporary understanding, and laid out options for how to incorporate each one that she had seen work in previous ceremonies which was very helpful in designing our own. Our family and friends were blown away by the ceremony, and really appreciated Rabbi Meredith's explanations of each element which allowed them to understand, appreciate, and participate actively. Rabbi Meredith helped us find the balance between tradition and personalization, and brought warmth, kindness, knowledge and humor to the entire wedding planning process. She was generous with her time and guided us towards decisions that were meaningful, personal, and practical. We hope to maintain our relationship for years to come!!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

I loved working with the two of you as well. Yes to staying in touch!

Ricky · Married on 10/13/2017

My wife and I started meeting with with Rabbi Cahn months before our wedding, and she helped us think through our practical AND spiritual needs as we were planning a wedding and a life together. We really enjoyed preparing for our day with her; she is understanding, experienced, and challenged us to think about our future. Rabbi Cahn was very flexible and took the effort to our understand our traditions and values so that she could lead a ceremony that worked for us. By the time of the wedding, it felt as though we had a very close relationship with Rabbi Cahn, and it made her speech about us during the ceremony feel completely genuine.
    The week of our wedding was very chaotic due to wildfires in wine country, but we were incredibly lucky to have Rabbi Cahn by our side. She kindly offered her home as a potential venue for the ceremony if we found ourselves in need of a replacement--talk about above and beyond! We would recommend that couples of all traditions and denominations work with Rabbi Cahn for the special day!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much Ricky. I loved getting to know you two. And your wedding will be seared in my memory forever. In a good way.

Andrea · Married on 05/20/2017

Meredith was wonderful to work with during the wedding planning process. I am of Jewish heritage but not particularly religious, and my husband is not Jewish but interested in learning more and having this a part of our family culture and background. We both liked the idea of having a Jewish ceremony. Meredith helped us create a ceremony that was personal and thoughtful. I really liked that we were able to meet multiple times and get comfortable with all of the elements of the ceremony that were somewhat new to us. We felt guided and supported but not pushed into any decisions. My favorite part of the ceremony were the personal addresses that she created after having read our essays about each other. They really made the ceremony feel like our own, yet still joined together with the long history and traditions of my ancestors. Overall it was a thoughtful and personal ceremony and Meredith was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 05/27/2017

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding.

Beth · Married on 04/14/2017

Rabbi Cahn was incredible! Planning a destination wedding is a daunting task, but she made the ceremony planning a breeze. We met via Facetime and she thoroughly reviewed all of the traditional aspects of a Jewish Ceremony, explaining the meaning behind it all. She graciously offered up her Chuppah and other essentials knowing we were travelling and could not bring items for the ceremony. Through a series of questions that she had us write, Rabbi Cahn was able to get to know us and use that information during the wedding ceremony, making it personal, intimate and tailored just for us! Even my photographer was wowed - she said it was one of the best ceremonies she has ever witnessed - and she does a lot of weddings. I am so thankful and blessed to have found Rabbi Cahn as she truly created a day that I will cherish forever.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Dear Beth, thanks so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure to know you and be there that special day!

Brittany · Married on 10/22/2016

We loved working with Rabbi Meredith. She helped us make our wedding exactly how we wanted it. Our friends and family said she was the best officiant they had ever seen and my husband and I were so thrilled with the ceremony.

Rabbi Meredith is extremely warm and accessible. My family is not Jewish so she explained many of the traditions in a brief and accessible manner. She is flexible with traditions-- she makes recommendations but ultimately wants you to be happy so the final decision is up to you. She married us before sundown on a Saturday, which is not customary but we were married at an outdoor venue so we wanted to have an earlier wedding.

Ahead of our wedding, Rabbi Meredith got to know us. She met with us three times-- once by phone and twice in person. She was accommodating with our work schedules. We met with several rabbis before meeting Meredith and we were so happy when we finally made the connection. We spoke with two of her references before committing, which made us feel more comfortable as they had amazing experiences.

Our ceremony was truly unforgettable and I couldn't be happier with our choice. I give my highest recommendation to Rabbi Meredith-- thank you!! : )

Sent on 12/11/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brittany! It was an honor to be your rabbi and I look forward to knowing you for years to come!

Joel · Married on 10/01/2016

Rabbi Meredith did a phenomenal job with our wedding. She was easy to work with throughout the entire process, and we felt very comfortable meeting with her. My wife is Catholic and I am Jewish (Reform/Conservative), but Rabbi Meredith made sure that both of our views were taken into account, and was flexible when accommodating each of our respective traditions. I also found her modern take on Judaism to be refreshing.

As for the ceremony itself, it was absolutely fantastic. Rabbi Meredith did a great job explaining every aspect of the ceremony (so both Jews / non-Jews understood the traditions), and made sure that every part was meaningful. She also personalized the ceremony so that it our full "story" was told to our guests. We had so many people comment on how beautiful the ceremony was, and it was a special moment that we'll never forget.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much Joel. You two were such a pleasure to get to know.

Abigale · Married on 09/11/2016

Rabbi Meredith was the perfect fit for our personalities and our wedding ceremony. She was very patient with us and all of our questions. We first met with her at her home where we spoke for a couple hours about deeper topics. We loved how knowledgeable and down to earth she was. She was so sweet and warm throughout the whole process. The wedding ceremony went very smoothly and many of our guests said it was the best ceremony they had been to. We are so thankful that we were able to work with Rabbi Meredith and be married by her!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks Abigale! I loved our discussions as well. And getting to know you. It was so lovely.

When looking for a wedding officiant I talked to three rabbis and ultimately chose Rabbi Meredith because she was not only extremely knowledgeable about Jewish wedding traditions and all their potential variations but also genuinely interested in learning about my husband and me. In the meetings leading up to the wedding she helped us articulate what marriage (and in particular a Jewish marriage) meant to us and worked with us to build a ceremony that reflected that.

And the ceremony was totally perfect: structured without feeling too rehearsed; rooted in Judaism but inclusive of our family and friends from all backgrounds; and it portrayed us as a couple in a way that celebrated our relationship but also felt honest and real.

The first thing all our guests talked about was how much they loved the ceremony. There's really no better officiant than Rabbi Meredith--we're so grateful we found her!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Hi Private User (I know who you are), Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to get to know you and share this day with you.

Lonny · Married on 05/28/2016

Rabbi Cahn was truly a pleasure to work with leading up to our wedding date and even more so on the day of our wedding.

One of our family members had Rabbi Cahn perform their ceremony a couple of years ago and we couldn't have been happier to have her as our officiant as well. She provided so many great suggestions on how to make our ceremony personal and unique. And on the wedding day, everything was perfect. We've received so many comments from our guests about how wonderful the ceremony was, and we feel grateful to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Rabbi Cahn on all of our ceremony details.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Dear Private User (I know who you are),
    It was such a pleasure to get to know the two of you and to be there. Great to see the family again... And I love your ketubah (I tried to get another couple to consider it!)...

Jamie · Married on 04/30/2016

It was truly such a pleasure to work with Rabbi Cahn! We greatly appreciate that Rabbi Cahn was so flexible in officiating our interfaith ceremony and working with us to create a unique Jewish ceremony that considered my husband's Mexican heritage. Our guests and families loved the combination of Jewish traditions with Spanish language woven throughout the ceremony. She was very understanding and helpful in discussing aspects of the ceremony so we could create a ceremony that matched our backgrounds and sensibilities. We also loved meeting with Rabbi Cahn in advance of the wedding and getting to know her. These meetings enabled Rabbi Cahn to craft and deliver a beautiful personal address during our ceremony. Many friends asked how long we knew Rabbi Cahn as they felt that the ceremony was so personal and she knew us so well! We received so many compliments on the ceremony. Rabbi Cahn is such a delightful, kind and warm individual, and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, "private user" (I know who you are... ;))... I loved getting to know you and being there with you two. Such a beautiful day. The discussions we had will stay in my heart--and mind, and I've adapted what I say as a result.

Wish we could give her 5 stars!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Marie · Married on 11/08/2015

Rabbi Meredith Cahn was the absolute perfect choice as an officiant for our wedding. We had an interfaith marriage. I loved bringing in what made sense to us as far as wording and just the overall experience. I had a lot of questions being new to learning about the Jewish faith and she really took the time to explain and help me through it. Rabbi Cahn also had an amazing amount of materials to help us along the way. One of our favorite things was a questionnaire my husband and I filled out about one another. It was really special when we were able to find out what the other said. During the ceremony, she kept everyone engaged and we even had a few laughs which is exactly what we wanted. So many of our guests commented on how lovely our ceremony was. I would recommend Rabbi Cahn without question.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Dear Marie, It was a pleasure to share that day - and to get to know you both!

Judd · Married on 10/16/2015

Rabbi Meredith was an absolutely amazing officiant. We had a 'destination wedding' in Napa so were planning from the East coast. Rabbi Meredith was wonderfully helpful in planning, holding multiple extended FaceTime sessions with us, and being very flexible on the times due to the time difference. I feel that she really got to know us, sought to understand what we were hoping for, and structured the ceremony around that. Beyond that, she helped us to focus on each other and what the wedding was truly about, which helped us to put things in perspective and not worry as much about some of the annoying little planning details that come with every wedding. The ceremony itself was amazing - warm, welcoming, and inclusive. There was not a dry eye, and almost every single guest commented to us about how wonderful Rabbi Meredith was. We recommend her as hightly was we possibly can.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks, Judd. I loved getting to know you two also... And you brought so much to the table that inspired and challenged and engaged me... I wish you many years of happiness.

Mindy · Married on 09/26/2015

Working with Rabbi Meredith was a wonderful experience. As a non-observant jew marrying a Japanese man, I was initially unsure whether having a rabbi officiate our wedding was right for me. But once my husband and I met Rabbi Meredith, we were certain that she was the right fit to officiate our wedding. Her explanation of the jewish marriage customs made us both excited to learn more about jewish rituals and adapt them for our ceremony. Meredith's passion for officiating at weddings came through from our first meeting. She was also enthusiastic to learn about my husband's Japanese cultural background and incorporate Japanese rituals into our ceremony to best reflect both of our cultures. Thereafter, creating our ceremony truly felt like a beautiful collaboration between the three of us. Throughout the process, Rabbi Meredith was extremely responsive and communicative. The materials and exercises she provided for us also helped us, not only to create our ceremony, but also to truly meditate on our relationship and prepare ourselves for our marriage. On the actual wedding day, Rabbi Meredith did an excellent job of making the Jewish rituals incorporated into our ceremony accessible for our multifaith and multicultural audience, and making the experience very personalized and intimate. My husband and I felt very connected during our ceremony as a result of the energy created by Rabbi Meredith. Afterward, numerous guests shared with us that our wedding ceremony was the best one they ever witnessed, and that it was incredibly moving. We are grateful to Rabbi Meredith for creating an unforgettable ceremony and would recommend her to other couples without hesitation.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much, Mindy. I feel the same way about planning and being with you.

I can't even put into words how grateful we were to have had Rabbi Cahn as our officiant. Throughout the planning process, and more importantly, what could have been a VERY stressful day, she provided a sense of calm, support and kindness that was more than we ever would have expected. We felt that she truly knew and understood us despite just a few meetings. And the guests (a true mix of Jews and non-jews) were so impressed - many told us after that it was one of the best weddings they had been to and that they felt she did a great job of making the ceremony educational without being overbearing. She explained things in a way that was relevant to anyone regardless of religion and inspired everyone

Sent on 01/10/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much, private user (I know who you are)... It was such a great day.

Jill · Married on 08/22/2015

When my husband and I thought about what was important to us in our wedding ceremony we both agreed we wanted it to be personal. Rabbi Cahn did just that. She took the time to get to know us. We had several meetings with her where we talked about life, love, religion, family and our wedding. She gave us many options as to how we could create our ceremony. She did require more work than we originally thought we wanted, but it was worth it. We each wrote about 8 pages answering questions about how we met, why we love each other, what we appreciate, our similarities/differences, morals/values etc. While time consuming, we loved doing this. We now have these amazing essays we wrote about our love for one another. Rabbi Cahn used what we wrote and created a very meaningful ceremony. Wedding planning can be daunting. There are so many details and things to take care of. I always wondered what would stand out to our guests. Turns out our wedding ceremony was complemented the most. Everyone loved it! People said that they learned new things about us as individuals and as a couple. Even some of our closest friends learned new things about us. It was exactly what we wanted. Rabbi Cahn is very easy to open up to. She is flexible, creative and kind. We would recommend her to any couple looking for a rabbi!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Jill. It was such a pleasure -- getting to know you and Mark and to be with you under the chuppah. Do not be strangers...

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Rabbi Meredith! I was raised Catholic, and my husband was raised Jewish. We wanted a ceremony that combined elements of both of our backgrounds but also didn't feel overly religious, as both of us identify more with the cultural aspects of our faiths, and less so the religious ones. We came to Rabbi Meredith with a few unique ideas for pieces of the ceremony, and she was not only willing but excited and touched to include them. We both felt truly respected and considered during the entire process. She was also extremely invested in getting to know us individually and as a couple, so she could help guide the process in a way that worked for us and so she could speak to us honestly in the ceremony. I'm so glad we chose Rabbi Meredith, and we received so many compliments from guests and families alike!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much, "Private User" (I know who you are). You contributed so much to my own thinking about opportunities for involvement, and it was an honor to officiate for you two. So glad I know you...

Rabbi Meredith was a terrific officiant. She was both knowledgeable in the Jewish tradition and flexible in the design of the ceremony. Beyond the standard components, she particularly excelled in getting to know us and making her remarks personal.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Kerry · Married on 06/27/2015

We truly enjoyed working with Rabbi Cahn! At every stage- from planning through the wedding- she was easygoing and joyous. Our guests all really appreciated her style and sense of humor. We recommend her to any couple who wish to have a relaxed ceremony. Rabbi Cahn is down to earth!

Sent on 08/23/2015
  • Andrew · Married on 06/20/2015

Rabbi Meredith Cahn is wonderful! She really took the time to get to know us in person during separate meetings with us, she asked us a lot of questions and also had us each write a 5 to 8 page essay to really get to know us well! She is very kind and warm and sincere! She is very professional during the ceremony and has a great sense of humor! She explained the entire ceremony to the guests which made them feel much more part of our wedding and really meant a lot to us too!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Rabbi Meredith Cahn's reply:

Thanks so much Andrew! It was such a pleasure.