Rabbi David & Cantor Lee Degani Reviews

64 | Orlando, FL

64 Reviews for Rabbi David & Cantor Lee Degani

• Emily

Emily · Married on 03/07/2021

So kind and easy to work with

We are an interfaith couple, and I had never even attended a Jewish ceremony before, so I really had no idea what to expect. Rabbi David and Cantor Lee were so kind and made the entire experience wonderful. They quietly helped me through the ceremony so I didn't feel like an idiot not knowing what I was doing, and made me feel truly at ease and in the moment. They are so kind and the ceremony was beautiful. We were so happy to have them!

Sent on 03/15/2021
  • Doreen

Doreen A. · Married on 12/05/2020

Wonderful Ceremony- so pleased!

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee were extremely knowledgeable, patient, kind, and capable. They walked us through the whole process with great ideas and made the actual ceremony so heartfelt and beautiful, and uniquely us! Couldn’t recommend them more. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/10/2020
  • Daimi

Daimi · Married on 11/14/2020

Lovely ceremony!

We had Rabbi David and Cantor Lee perform our wedding ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful. We were so happy with the ceremony and the songs Cantor Lee sang. It was the most perfect ceremony. It was so special to have them both at our wedding. Rabbi David and Cantor Lee made us feel so welcomed and comfortable and really made our wedding day so magical. Thank you from the bottom of our heart for making our wedding ceremony so heartfelt and so personal for us! We were blessed to have you marry us and bless our union!

Love,
    The Richman’s

Sent on 11/23/2020

Randi · Married on 11/01/2020

Professional with a personal touch

Rabbi David has married 2 of our children in the most beautiful and meaningful ceremonies! He and Cantor Lee take the time to really know each couple and what they want from their ceremony. We love that personal feel, and we will use them again when the rest of our kids marry!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • W

Wendy R. · Married on 11/01/2020

Civil ceremony/Jewish ceremony

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee graciously honored us by officiating our “minimony.” We had planned a big wedding this past June but covid intercepted; regardless, they were incredibly flexible and accommodating to our needs in this difficult season. Our small and intimate wedding was incredibly beautiful; their prayers and officiating is one of a kind! We are overjoyed and excited to, yet again, share our “sequel wedding” with them.

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Lynn

Lynn A. · Married on 10/10/2020

By far the best officiants I could’ve EVER hoped for

I highly recommend Rabbi David and Cantor Lee Degani! Highly. My wedding day was picture perfect because of this lovely couple! They created a ceremony that overflowed with warmth, depth, fluidity, meaning, and beauty. My guests were from all religious backgrounds and couldn’t stop talking about the beautiful ceremony. All night they’d say things like....the rabbi did a wonderful job at explaining the meaning behind certain traditions, the rabbi gave wise tips on how to work through hard times, the rabbi seamlessly delivered a beautiful message that united guests from all backgrounds, the rabbi added humor when needed, and the Cantor’s voice was simply angelic. It was a moving experience that created a memory to last a lifetime!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Kristina

Kristina L. · Married on 06/04/2020

last-minute dream wedding

rabbi david and cantor lee made our wedding day very special and added personal touches to incorporate our family. during these crazy times, our last-minute nuptials could have been very stressful but with their help and flexibility we had the wedding we dreamed of.

Sent on 06/12/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle F. · Married on 05/16/2020

Seamless and Special Experience!

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee are gems of human beings. They hopped on Zoom, FaceTime, and the phone to walk us through every step of our ceremony planning process; from an initial consult call to learn about us and our blended family, to walking us through typical traditions we could or could not include in our ceremony, to helping us troubleshoot ways to integrate multiple family members in our ceremony, answering all my questions about the Jewish religion and a Jewish wedding ceremony, truly everything! They were early to our wedding venue, facilitated the most special ketubah signing, and rocked our ceremony! Cantor Lee has a beautiful voice and Rabbi David shared such special and touching words. As someone who planned a Tampa wedding from Tallahassee, I HIGHLY recommend them as an officiant for a Jewish couple or an interfaith couple (as we are), they were superb, seamless, and made everything so special.

Sent on 02/25/2021

Gail · Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing ! They were great

Amazing service. Very professional and sweet. I was very happy to have them as part of my ceremony .

Sent on 03/13/2021
  • Christine

Christine T. · Married on 11/16/2019

Great experience, definitely recommend

We had such a lovely experience with Rabbi David and Cantor Lee Degani. They were very responsive the entire time. Walked us through the ceremony details during the planning process, and were open and flexible to our wants/needs. The actual ceremony was perfect, between Rabbi David and his words and stories, and Cantor Lee singing in between. It was beautiful! They also assisted us in providing the chuppah and ketubah, did not expect that and it was a pleasant surprise :)

Sent on 12/17/2019

S Goldfarb · Married on 08/05/2019

Fabulous Rabbi David Degan

I want to thank Rabbi David Degan for a fabulous traditional ceremony. His stories made everyone laugh and his personal anecdotal notes about our children and about marriage were extra special. Thank you Rabbi for making our simcha extra special. The ceremony was perfect!
    We were so thrilled to have you and I would absolutely recommend Rabbi Degan to officiate your wedding!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Ian

Ian W. · Married on 07/27/2019

Meeting them is understanding the meaning of Beshert

We interviewed with several Rabbi's for our wedding ceremony. We were having a smaller gathering of 50 as this was not our first marriage and we are both "middle age". While we wanted everything lovely, we also had a budget in mind, so finding the perfect balance was critical. When we contacted Rabbi David and Cantor Lee we were struck by their warmth and personalities and their immediate interest in our story and our life. We met with them several times, over the phone and in-person, and to be perfectly honest we already consider them as friends. As we learned more about the meanings within the traditions of the Jewish Wedding Ceremony from Rabbi David, we found ourselves drawn to study more on our own and that made our ceremony all the more meaningful. The Rabbi and Cantor arrived early on the day of our marriage and performed such a powerful Ketubah ceremony that my wife-to-be was already in tears well before the wedding itself was to begin. We had our Wedding ceremony under a Chuppah that we built ourselves. Note that the Rabbi and Cantor can and will provide one, but we opted to order a Wedding Talit from Israel and set out to design our posts and decorations. Of course, the Rabbi, being so keen, brought this home-made Chuppah creation into his explanations of the symbolism into his ceremony. He helped me in my first wearing of my own Talit and explained to all the meaning of the Talit and so many other articles like the Ketubah and the blessings over the wine. They both brought my departed mother into the joy of the occasion by paying special homage to her life and spirit and lit her a Yartzeit candle in prayer that took family and friends who knew her into tears of loving memory. To be truthful, I don't know if the Rabbi and Cantor know well enough how they bring meaning, purpose, joy and enlightenment to their all important task, but we are forever grateful and they are forever in our hearts. So, do yourself a favor and meet them and you will love them!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian K. · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing and Understanding

Rabbi David made our special day everything we hoped it would be. It was intimate and the ceremony truly represented who we re as a couple. It was an honor and a pleasure to be married by such a wonderful man who so truly cares about making a memorable ceremony for the couple. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

Awesome and flexible!

We had a small 10-person ceremony on a Tuesday night and Rabbi David and Cantor Lee were so flexible and helpful in personalizing our ceremony and making the event feel so special!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • F

Floyd S. · Married on 05/11/2019

We were blessed to find Rabbi Degani and Cantor Lee

When my fiancee and I decided to marry, we wanted a Rabbi and her Pastor to marry us. The Rabbi from my Conservative congregation was not allowed to do an interfaith marriage. We found Rabbi Degani online. Cantor Lee was a "bonus," and she was wonderful. They agreed to participate. They were always available, kind, supportive throughout the process whether it was selecting a ketubah or a prayer or working out some logistical issue. Rabbi David spoke with the Pastor, and they worked out the entire ceremony that was written up and presented to us by Rabbi David. Finally, the big day arrived. We met in person for the first time. The Deganis put everyone at ease. They were in command (of themselves and the situation) and comfortable. Pastor Jeff later said that he "made a new friend." It was clear to everyone in attendance that the clergy were enjoying themselves and each other. The ceremony and the reception that followed was beautiful. Diane and I believe that G-d directed us to Rabbi David and Cantor Lee. We given them the "highest score" and our highest recommendation without reservation.

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Gary

Gary G. · Married on 04/05/2019

Highly recommended

We are from Canada and found Rabbi Degani to perform our daughter's wedding in Florida. We dealt mostly by email and our experience dealing with the Rabbi was easy and smooth. The ceremony was truly beyond our expectations. All of our guests commented on how good the Rabbi was. I cannot think of any negatives in this experience at all.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Ayelet · Married on 03/31/2019

Amazing and professional Rabbi for our beautiful, meaningful ceremony!

I would wholeheartedly recommend Rabbi David Degani to anyone! I really can't say enough good things about Rabbi David. He made our ceremony so special, beautiful and meaningful. He is also just a truly great and kind human being who so obviously loves what he does that it was a pleasure not just to have him as our rabbi but also to get to know him as a person through the process of planning the wedding.

Rabbi David recently married my then fiancee and I in a lovely ceremony in Miami. We worked on the ceremony with Rabbi David from abroad for a few months (we live abroad) and he was super patient and accommodating with us as we worked together thorugh the ideas of what was important to us to have in our ceremony. We are Jewish and reform and he really was able to stand in the line between Jewish religion and tradition on the one hand and what was important to us (egalitarian, personally meaningful). He is also a consumate professional. On the day of not only did he arrive on time but he arrived early so he could make sure to be there!

I am so honored and thankful that Rabbi David officiated our wedding.

Thank you, Rabbi David Degani!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Tathie

Tathie B. · Married on 12/31/2018

Example of love to all faiths, religions and beliefs

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee played a HUGE role in making our elopement so special. Although Rabbi David had only “met” us via phone 24 hours before we eloped, he somehow connected with our spirits and spoke life and love into our vows. One of my favorite parts of the vows was when Rabbi David used the phrase, “God of all people.” Simply beautiful. Thank you, Rabbi David, for your example of love to all faiths, religions and beliefs.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Eli · Married on 12/28/2018

Perfect job

Rabbi David and his wife cantor Lee were perfect and did an amazing job.

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Shaina

Shaina · Married on 10/11/2018

lovely couple

They are a lovely couple who officiate jewish weddings across the state. They were very responsive to our needs as well as my mothers desires with us being atheists. The service was lovely and they allowed me to choose how we wanted to be pronounced at the end. They also told us what we would need and walked us through the process and explained everything to our guests as well! We also were encouraged to write our own vows and we did so. They were so kind and helpful. 5 stars!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sam · Married on 10/06/2018

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee Degani knew my husbands' family for years so we felt very comfortable asking them to officiate our wedding. They both did a wonderful job! They welcomed us to their home multiple times to discuss the timeline of the ceremony and answered questions whenever we called or even Face-timed! They were kind, flexible, accommodating and honest. Rabbi David explained the different traditions so that guests of any denomination understand the religious aspects of the ceremony and Cantor Lee sings beautifully! I was so surprised when she sang the text of our Ketubah with only a few minutes to look at it. Although the ceremony was traditional, they kept it lighthearted. They made us feel special and we can’t thank them enough for doing us the honor of blessing our marriage.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2018

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee Degani performed an absolutely beautiful Havdalah and wedding service for my husband and I! It was so heartfelt and moving. We were fortunate enough to spend some time getting to know them and found them to be genuine, sincere, and loving people. They made our ceremony so memorable and many of our guests commented that it was the most beautiful wedding that they had ever attended! There’s so much that goes in to a wedding, but we can honestly say that they played a huge part in our guests being so delighted! We wholeheartedly give them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Dana · Married on 08/25/2018

As mother of the groom, we have been with Rabbi David & Cantor Lee for almost 20 years of beautiful life events & day to day living. They took so much time to get to know the Bride & the loving relationship between my son & my precious daughter in law. It was a beautiful interfaith wedding that both families said they will always remember. Cantor Lee’s beautiful voice & Rabbi David’s personality together with the Pastor was a moment in time we all will remember. The love that filled the room was beyond our dreams. They way they unite both families is a special gift they have that will warm your hearts! I am forever grateful to have them both in our lives.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Brad · Married on 05/12/2018

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee were fantastic. They tailored their ceremony to fit our desires. Rabbi David was informative, introspective and related well to my guests. Cantor Lee has such a magnificent singing voice. Many of my guests made a point to tell me how much they enjoyed the ceremony.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Lindsey · Married on 02/10/2018

Rabbi David and Cantor Lee were absolutely amazing!! Our ceremony was beautiful and so touching!!! It was perfect... Rabbi David conducted a lovely wedding ceremony for us and Cantor Lee's voice is just beautiful! We had a jewish wedding ceremony and they were willing to make any changes that we wanted to the service to make it our own. They were great and went into detail as to what everything we did and what it meant so that our guests could understand what was taking place and the meaning behind everything as many of our guests had never been to a jewish wedding prior to ours. Would recommend to anyone. They drove all the way from Boca to Tavares, Florida!! Great husband/wife officiant/cantor!

Sent on 02/18/2018