R&R Sound and Lighting DJ Service Reviews

124 | Brighton, MI

124 Reviews for R&R Sound and Lighting DJ Service

Shannon Coulter · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Ryan was fantastic to work with! We had to adjust our wedding date and location 3 times and Ryan was flexible with each adjustment. Ryan provided excellent service and was a pleasure to work with, thank you again!

• Tommy

Tommy Paslaski · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Best DJ Ever!!!!!

What can I say? Ryan could not have been any cooler! He was the perfect DJ for our Ceremony and Reception. He knew exactly what to play and when to play it and he lit the room PERFECT! With all of the craziness we've encountered in 2020, he was able to adapt and make everything work. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him and we're very thankful we chose him. My wife already mentioned that we need to hire him for our housewarming party, because he was that good. Bottom line, if you're deciding on a DJ for your wedding, just go with R&R. It's not only a good choice, but the best choice!

Rebecca Ciaravino · Married on 10/17/2020

Best DJ! Highly recommend!!

Very professional and answered all my questions! Listened to all of my wants and needs. They checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I didn’t need or want anything. Ask my permission if they weren’t sure if they should play a certain song that someone had requested (had kids at the wedding). They turned my wedding into such a beautiful night! Highly recommend to any bride and groom!!! Best entertainment I’ve seen at a wedding!!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Patricia

Patricia Young · Married on 10/03/2020

Above and Beyond!

Well worth the money spent! Ryan went above and beyond on our wedding day! They got drinks for us throughout the night and made sure we had everything we needed, they did a better job coordinating than the actual coordinator at the venue. They moved the events along so that we could actually enjoy our night. The set up they had was amazing, we loved the ambiance lighting around the room. Everyone was dancing all the way to the end of the reception! What was also awesome was my reception had two separate rooms and they were able to accommodate for both rooms with a smaller set up for the speeches. The photo mirror was everyone’s favorite thing at the wedding and always had a line. I would recommend Ryan to anyone’s wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Jason C · Married on 08/28/2020

Top notch DJ!

Ryan is the prime example of top notch when it comes to DJ’s. There are a lot around that claim to be good at what they do, but none will take care of you on your special day like Ryan. His professionalism and equipment are above all the rest!

Brianna Clark · Married on 05/09/2020

Ryan is an AMAZING DJ who helped with everything from planning to making sure everything went smoothly day of!

Ryan was extremely helpful in the wedding planning process, especially with having a wedding during COVID. He was always able to chat on the phone or reply to my emails quickly. On our wedding day, he did a great job picking up on the music our guests wanted, and our dance floor was amazingly packed all night! We can not thank him enough!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Austin · Married on 10/18/2019

Danced all night long!

Ryan & Ryan of R & R Sound and Lighting were exceptional! Ryan met with us and helped us throughout the daunting process of wedding planning. He answered any questions we had and reassured us plenty of times. He is very knowledgeable about the DJ business and his equipment he used was state of the art. On the wedding day, Ryan and Ryan helped guide my husband and me throughout the day. They triple checked with us on the song choices and names of our bridal party before announcing. If anything came up on the wedding day, Ryan came to us to ensure everything was ok with any changes. Dancing was the best part of the wedding night and everyone was dancing up until the end. Ryan played songs that my husband and I requested and it was a blast! The lighting was also very well done and it really set the mood for our wedding night. We had a monogram of our names projected as well & it was tastefully done! Ryan also was incredible in making sure my husband and I had drinks and food in our hands! He truly made our wedding a day to remember! It was such a pleasure working them from the beginning to the very end. We highly recommend having R & R Sound and Lighting as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Katy · Married on 09/27/2019

R&r sound is amazing!

Truly the best DJ ever! I highly recommend their service. Ryan and John did an amazing job! They made our wedding a blast and all the guests loved the music and beautiful lighting!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Ben · Married on 09/21/2019

The dj's dj

The DJ's DJ; take it from me, let Ryan do his thing. This was the single best decision for my wedding, hands down. Being a DJ myself, I know how these events can be. I sent him a zip file of me and my (now) wife's favorite music. Between that, his incredibly high end line array sound equipment and crowd reading abilities, this made it the best night to remember. You can't beat superior fire power and music selection. He is an owner operator, with that you get way better quality than a service that just signs you up with "someone who is available" for your night. Seriously, base your wedding date on his availability over a venue, I promise you won't regret it.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Mumaw · Married on 09/20/2019

Above and Beyond

We booked Ryan and Shaun to DJ and MC our wedding this past weekend and we could not have been more thrilled or impressed with their work!! Ryan was extremely detail-oriented in the planning process and had great suggestions to help the flow of our day. Both Ryan and Shaun arrived early to make sure everything was set up just right and to our liking. We had Ryan do our ceremony music and Shaun assisted in making sure my dad and I got down the aisle at just the right time in the song. My husband and I received so many compliments throughout the whole evening about how great our DJ and MC were with keeping the people out on the dance floor the entire time, along with their great song selection!! At one point in the evening, Shaun even had everyone gather on the dance floor for a huge selfie! We were also so impressed that they took care of grabbing our plates and helping us get food during our strolling dinner.

I would highly recommend booking with R & R Sound and Lighting... we would book with them again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/16/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Ryan and his team did an amazing job! Great price and quality service!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Audra Weidman · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing!

Ryan and his team were SO amazing for our wedding. We were so happy and pleased with how everything turned out. If you want THE best DJ for your money, it’s this guy right here. He has the best equipment and the photo booth is AMAZING! It’s touch screen, digital and high tech! It prints the photos out in seconds and it does not take up much space. Our guests loved it!! We told him what we wanted for our wedding and what songs and genres we had in mind and it couldn’t have been more perfect. He hit it right on! Thank you so much Ryan and your team for a spectacular wedding night we will NOT forget!

Sent on 10/28/2019

KAITLIN · Married on 06/21/2019

Awesome experience!

Ryan, Sean and his team were exceptional! Sean does a great drop being the MC and keeping the party going. He kept the wedding party on track and organized! Ryan does an amazing job at reading the room and finding the best songs for the moment. The sound quality of the music was awesome! The uplighting that he did looked absolutely fantastic. They were such a pleasure to work with! We really felt that they were working their hardest to make sure that everything at the wedding was having a blast. We 10/10 recommend! Also, get the photo mirror! It was such a hit!!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Stephen Napier · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing

R&R Sound and Lighting was amazing. They made our special day even more special. The dance floor was full, all night long. They did a perfect job reading the crowd and playing the right music at the right time. All the formal dances were done exactly when we hoped they would be. If we ever need a DJ again, R&R will be the first and only call we make.

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Katie

Katie Napier · Married on 10/20/2018

Napier wedding

We could not possibly ask for a better DJ!! Everything was perfect, prompt and smooth!! Amazing!!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Angela Murray · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing to work with!

Ryan was great to work with. He and his team created such a fun atmosphere from the music selection, the cool lighting effects, and the popular photo booth. My husband and I highly recommend R&R Sound and Lighting to take your special event to the next level!

• Brian

Brian · Married on 09/29/2018

Book Ryan Now!

Ryan was amazing! He and his team were professional, personable and worked with my husband and I to create a perfect wedding day. They were flexible and accommodating and really worked to bring out the theme of our day: Wizard of Oz and it was perfect! They could really read our guests and they played what got them moving and always accommodated requests. They are a MUST HAVE for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Sarissa Geier · Married on 09/21/2018

High level!

Ryan was awesome! From the moment we met him we knew he would be perfect for our wedding. He was professional, took time to understand what we were looking for (even went over all the specifics of his speakers since my husband is really into professional equipment lol). The team made sure the day of the wedding went off smoothly. Not only were there no hiccups, but our guests never left the dance floor and had the best time. The lighting was amazing and captured the energy and mood we wanted for the night. Thank you R&R!!

Jessica Braxton · Married on 09/01/2018

R&R Sound and Lighting exceeded my expectations and went above & beyond to make our day perfect.

Ryan & Shaun were extremely personable and professional. After the wedding we received so many compliments on our DJ. The music choices for the beginning of the wedding was great for the entire crowd. Ryan and Shaun were also observant when the older guests were starting to leave so we could start playing more Hip Hop and today’s hits which was great because as a bride, that was not something I was paying close attention to.
    They knew what songs to play to try and get more guests pumped and on the dance floor. I’m so thankful we decided to go with R&R Sound and Lighting! 100% would recommend!!

Debbie Heinold · Married on 08/04/2018

R&r was great!

R&R Sound & Lighting (Ryan) was very professional, responsive, and value for the money, and easy to work with. The evening went on without any glitches and Ryan and Sean (his MC) were awesome in keeping the reception events and announcements on track. Ryan's music, lighting and monogram were just right and made for a very special evening -- we feel very lucky that we had selected Ryan as the DJ. The bride and groom and their guests had lots of fun dancing for the whole evening. Overall, it was a great experience and we would highly recommend R&R for your event.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Katelynne · Married on 07/21/2018

Ryan and his team were absolutely amazing!! We were so happy with how everything turned out. The set up was awesome, lights and all! Our family and friends were dancing all night long!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 07/20/2018

Fun and professional DJ

Ryan was the perfect addition on our special day. He made the entire experience easy, fun, and stress free. Ryan knew exactly what music to play to get people out of their seats and onto the dance floor! I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again in the future.

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2018

Hands down the best DJ/MC/lighting around!

You need to book them now! I met Ryan at a bridal show and immediately knew I needed them for our wedding! Their sound equipment and lighting is top of the line. Their prices were better than the other DJ services that we talked to (all the other DJs wanted to charge extra for every little thing which really added up). Even though, their equipment and pricing was great, it was Ryan's personality that won us over. When we met with Ryan, we felt like we were meeting up with a friend for coffee. He was super organized, outgoing, professional, and seemed to understand exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. During the planning process, he was quick to respond to any questions or concerns and made me feel like I had one less thing to worry about. I love the fact that Ryan has Sean with him to MC. They were a great team! Sean was hilarious and knew how to get the party started. Both Ryan and Sean offered to serve us our food, get us drinks, and anything else that we may have needed. We had many people compliment how awesome the lighting was and how amazing our DJs were. Our dance floor was packed all night. Many of our friends have told us how much fun our wedding was and we owe it all to R&R! Music was one of the areas we cared most about and they definitely exceeded our expectations. I would choose them over and over again in a heart beat! They have excellent reviews for a reason.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Heather · Married on 06/09/2018

You were so helpful! I absolutely loved how you brought an assistant to help with announcements, so you were able to focus on the music! You kept my guests dancing all night! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Shannon · Married on 06/09/2018

R&R Sound and Lighting came recommended by our photographer, and I can totally see why! Ryan was so easy to work with! We've been to many weddings and never had a DJ that kept the dance floor so packed! Leading up to the big day, Ryan was completely organized and met with us to walk through the events, timeline and what kind of music we wanted - and they totally stuck to it! Ryan and his assistant are both complete gentlemen, Ryan walked me (bride) to the different food stations, made my plate and walked me back to my seat - another thing I have never seen before! R&R was also flexible, unfortunately we had to go with our backup plan due to rain, however, when it stopped raining, my husband and I really wanted to go to the rooftop - we were able to work out a plan right then and there and Ryan made it happen. If there's any advice I can offer couples, it is to invest in vendors who will help the most important day of your life, run so smoothly, look no further - R&R Sound and Lighting will do exactly that.

Sent on 07/03/2018