Quintessence Papers Reviews

1 User photo

Quintessence Papers 1

Michael Victor · Married on 12/04/2018

A great experience.

What a great person to work with for our wedding invitations. Not many like her out there and would highly recommend for any invitation needs. She came up with really perfect invitations for our second wedding this fall and we received numerous comments on how lovely they were. Carolyn was a pleasure to work with, responsive and really just perfect for us. Highly recommend her !!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Bridget O'brien · Married on 12/01/2018

Made the details matter for our wedding!

Carolyn was amazing to work with and created the most beautiful save the dates, invites, programs, favors and other materials for our wedding in December! She was so easy to work with, understood our vision, didn't push back like many other vendors and made everything a breeze. Can't wait to work with her again for another occasion soon!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Brenda Atkinson · Married on 10/06/2018

Outstanding invitations and paper products

When I started planning my wedding I was worried about getting the right invitation. Thankfully, I found Carolyn. She listened to our vision, asked the right questions and proposed multiple options. Her taste is impeccable, her guidance was invaluable. She had many samples to look at and hold which was great. In the end, she created gorgeous invitations that all of our guests complimented. She is full-service and created other signs and the matching wedding program as well. And everything was very reasonably priced. She is so easy to work with—I worked with her long distance and in person and she was accessible, responsive and had very quick turn around. Overall, I cannot more highly recommend her services, I found her to be the one vender I had absolutely no issues with and could count on 110%.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

Passion for Paper

The paper items for my wedding were one of the most important parts to my mother and I, as we absolutely LOVE all things stationary. My wedding planner introduced us to Carolyn, and she understood my vision for my invitation suite for my wedding the moment I started to tell her what I had in mind. She had the most beautiful paper, font, and accessory options. She truly made my invitation dreams come true! Every step of the way she had fantastic ideas, helpful tips, and was an absolute dream to work with. We also used her for our programs, place cards and signage for our wedding. She knocked it out of the park on the first try, with a beautiful watercolor grey floral paper that tied together the entire vibe of our wedding perfectly. The touches that her paper products brought to our wedding were beautiful and memorable. On top of it all her prices were very reasonable, especially considering the amount of customization! Thank you Carolyn for being such a fantastic part of our wedding day! We will absolutely be using her in the future for all of our paper needs!!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Quintessence Papers 2

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

Carolyn is great to work with; very friendly, and knowledgeable. We came into our first appointment not really knowing what we wanted, or how much we wanted to spend. She spent a lot of time providing examples/options from her expansive portfolio within the price point we were hoping to spend. Additionally, Carolyn has a great eye for what style and font works for the type of wedding you are looking to have. From invitations to escort cards, table numbers, etc. We highly recommend you meet with her!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot say anything but amazing things about Quintessence Papers. I worked with Carolyn on my wedding invitations and all of the day of paper goods (programs, escort cards, ect.). She was extremely helpful and had a lot of great ideas to make our wedding unique. For the beautiful work that she did she has very reasonable prices and I could not be any happier with the prices. She was always very easy to communicate with and was very accommodating to change anything we asked, this also went outside of helping with paper goods but also with other details for the wedding. I highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Maggie · Married on 07/06/2018

Carolyn is incredible! She is very organized, thoughtful, and detail oriented. I used her for multiple items, including: invites, save the dates, napkins, welcome letters, table numbers, escort cards, etc. She has such a warm personality and really wants your wedding to be perfect! I am a total planner and felt so at ease with her throughout the entire process. I always knew that I wouldn't forget any details with her by my side:) She definitely adds to the excitement of wedding planning, making you feel so special as the bride! I HIGHLY recommend using her!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

We met Carolyn last winter when we decided to look at invitations for our June wedding. The best way I could describe our experience with Carolyn was meeting her was like stumbling upon a gem. We were so lucky to work her. She is responsive, creative, talented, professional, and patient. Discussing and creating our invitations and day of details was definitely one of my favorite parts of wedding planning. She provides great insight, feedback, guidance and expertise in helping couples along the way. All of her creations are absolutely beautiful, and while some may argue that they are simply paper goods, we are so happy with our decision to order all our of printing needs through her. Online printing simply does not even come close to comparing to Carolyn’s work. We are so excited to see all the pieces we picked incorporated into our wedding day. If I could give one piece of advice to brides and grooms out there It would be to save yourself any stress of trying to create/figure out printing and hire Carolyn. Carolyn is simply the best and we look forward to working with her in the future again.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Deb · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough about Quintessence Papers! Carolyn is professional, creative and makes you feel like you are her only client. She brings so many wonderful ideas to the table, is knowledgeable and up front about budgets. I had a vision for our wedding stationary and ceremony/reception details and she made my vision come to life in the most perfect way! We also received so many compliments from our guests. This was our favorite vendor during the whole wedding planning process.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Maria · Married on 09/16/2017

Our experience with Carolyn at Quintessence Papers was fantastic. We worked together on just about everything for our wedding starting with save the dates all the way to thank you cards. Our invitations were exactly what I wanted and we got a LOT of compliments. Carolyn also did our place cards, menus, programs and even my shower invitations. Totally professional and really cares.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Catherine · Married on 09/09/2017

Carolyn is so talented and was so great to work with, a true professional and expert in her field! Look no further for your invitation vendor, I couldn't have been happier with my experience with Carolyn at Quintessence Papers. She is incredibly knowledgeable, responsive, creative and made the process so easy, stress free and fun. It's no surprise that friends have had top notch experiences with her as well.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Sydney · Married on 06/10/2017

Carolyn is just perfect. So helpful, so sweet, so good at what she does. She gives great advice on everything from colors to appropriate wording. She is full of great ideas and gives great input while at the same time being sure to keep your vision. I am obsessed with my invitations and cannot wait to send them out!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Natalie · Married on 06/10/2017

Carolyn is GREAT! Literally every paper product I needed for my wedding was from her. She helped with the save the dates, invitations, programs, and custom cocktail napkins. She is always flexible with meeting times and great on getting proofs out on time. Look no further...book Carolyn today!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Susan · Married on 03/26/2017

We love working with Carolyn. We have our invitations and are going to work on day-of things as we get closer to our wedding date. She is flexible, fun, and easy to get ahold of wlth a question or to schedule an appointment. You can't go wrong working with Carolyn!

All of our day-of things were beautiful and were exactly as we wanted them. Carolyn touched base with us to be sure everything was how we wanted it, and offered suggestions when she had other ideas. We loved everything.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Shea · Married on 11/12/2016

Quintessence Papers was the best choice for our wedding invitations! Carolyn created absolutely gorgeous invitations for our wedding. Our consultation with her went amazing and it was an absolute pleasure to get to work with her through the entire process. She has hundreds of choices of invitations to choose from. She worked with us and helped capture our vision of the perfect wedding invitation. She also helped create beautiful invites for other events that were surrounding our wedding (Reception Dinner and Mother-of-the-Bride brunch). I would recommend Quintessence Papers to anyone who is looking to bring their dream wedding invitation to life! Thank you, Carolyn!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Carolyn did my wedding invitations and she was the best.
    She did exactly what I asked and they turned out beautiful.
    She was very easy to work with and very knowledgeable.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Erica · Married on 01/30/2016

There are not enough amazing things to say about my experience working with Carolyn! She has made every part of planning my wedding stress free and perfect! From invitations to calligraphy, menus and programs, thank you stationary, place cards and even napkins... You name it and she has done it. I will not only refer anyone I know getting married or throwing a party to her, I have made an everlasting bond with such a special woman who truly made my wedding visions and dreams a reality! I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Michele · Married on 11/14/2015

I was referred to Carolyn from a friend and I am so glad I went with her! From the first time we spoke, I knew I made the right choice. My Mom, grandmother and I all went to meet Carolyn to pick out the invitations. She even offered us drinks and apps!! She had so many choices to pick from. We had talked a bit before our meeting to discuss what I was looking for and she nailed it! I am pretty sure around the 10th invite she showed me, we had found ours! Great attention to detail. Really listens to what you are asking/looking for. We received so many compliments on our invites. If you are looking to work with the best, look no further! I need another event to plan so I can work with Carolyn again!!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2013

Carolyn is an absolute pleasure to work with! My mom and I came in with an idea of what we wanted for my wedding invites and she helped narrow down our options that we liked most and that fit within our price range. She was super helpful in providing us with suggestions/recommendations for wording, ect and helping us make final decisions on things we were indecisive about :). The end product was beautiful wedding invites that we absolutely LOVE. She was also super flexible and was patient as we went through several rounds of proofs!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Not that I have anything to compare it to, but Quintessence was simply amazing. They were so creative, accommodating, and savvy in ways to save money but still end up with an absolutely beautiful wedding invitation. I am an extremely busy bride to be, and live in Virginia so on top of having to compete with a busy schedule I am planning everything from far away. They made this part of wedding planning absolutely stress free. I'm continuing to work with them for programs and other paper products because they were so good with the invites. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Anni · event on 02/09/2013

The first time I used Quintessence was for my invitations to my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. They were wonderful to work with and the invitations were beautiful. I was so impressed with the owners I had them help me a lot more with my son's Bar Mitzvah. Carolyn designed the most unique invitations for my son and handled all the printing, addressing and even sending. She helped with favor stickers, save the dates and gave me great decor ideas. In the store I have bought gifts for people, found unique cards and beautiful jewelry. I have referred several friends after they have seen my custom stationary, tennis bag and even phone cover. I feel at home in the store and they go so far above and beyond service I cannot say enough.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2012

There are no words to describe how wonderful it was to work with Carolyn and Pattie for my wedding. They were such a pleasure to work with and provided me so much more than just invitations. First, my invitations were absolutely gorgeous. Second, they did an unbelievable job on all of my other paper goods as well - escort cards, menus, table numbers, cupcake signs, and thank you notes, to name a few. But lastly, and most importantly, they walked me through each detail (and I mean EVERY detail), were able to provide me with advice and guidance, and were patient with me when I couldn't make a decision. I would have to say working with Carolyn & Pattie was my most favorite part of my wedding planning experience by far. I can't thank them enough!!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Liza · Married on 09/21/2012

I can't say enough of how outstanding the service was at Quintessence. From my initial meeting with Carolyn, she was patient and offered me a great selection to choose from as I eyed the books of sample invitations. When she was out of the store, Pattie was there to answer my calls and email questions. Our wedding invitations came out perfectly and our guests have commented how posh they were! Thanks again ladies!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Quintessence produced beautiful pocket-type invitations for our wedding. Carolyn was most helpful with selecting the correct wording, fonts, colors, etc. We received many compliments on ourinvitations and would recommend Quintessence for any invitiation need. One piece of advice...obtain a written quote for each variable. We had a surprise at the final quote, but Carolyn worked with us on resolving. Overall great experience.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Jenny · Married on 06/18/2011

Spectacular spot for all your wedding paper goods. I used this quaint shop in Northbrook for my save-the-dates, invitations, escort cards, place cards, napkins, and gifts. The service is phenomenal, selection is outstanding, and final products are fantastic. Quintessence was able to help create a customized logo for our photo booth, and worked with the photo studio to make sure it was all set up. I did not have to worry about a thing. Very reliable and helpful. It's not just a place for wedding goods, they have incredible invitations for every event you can imagine and gifts for all occasions. I've been back there since the wedding.

Sent on 07/29/2011