Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

121 | Cancun, MX

121 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2015

My husband and I did a destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen, and Quetzal was recommended to us. They were so amazing to work with and we felt so relaxed and comfortable with them, despite the weather not cooperating. But we made the best of it and we are so extremely happy with the photos we received... they were fun, romantic, creative and everything we dreamed of!!! Thank you Quetzal from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks you both for taking the time to write about your experience. We LOVED being part of your day and look forward to seeing you both in the near future ;)

Samantha · Married on 11/02/2015

Everything I wanted and so much more! I will forever be grateful to Quetzal for the beautiful images that they captured on our wedding day. They gorgeously documented the colors and life of the city of Tulum, the love that my husband and I share, and the joy of our family and friends. What's more, is that Ber and Ches are so warm-hearted and kind. It's special having photographers beside you who truly want to be there and are immersed in the moment with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything on our wedding day and for the images we get to enjoy forever!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion for taking the time to write about your experience, Samantha. I can't tell you how much we LOVED being part of your day and having the opportunity to capture the beautiful love you two have for each other. Sending huge hugs your way. Ches & Bernie

Kerstan · Married on 10/17/2015

When planning our destination wedding we highly considered bringing a photographer with us from the states. Pictures were very important to us and we wanted to find a photographer that would capture our entire event. I know it is difficult to capture everything but it was important that we found someone that we felt confident in to not miss anything.

We met with 4 or 5 different local photographers as well as photographers from the US and after all of the meetings we decided on using Ches and Ber. The reason we chose to work with them was first because of their amazing photos. In addition, they were incredibly nice, responsive and professional. They assured us that the process of working with them would be easy and stress free, which it was!

This company took the time to get to know us prior to our big day and even came to meet with us when we arrived in Mexico. We felt so comfortable with them and we fell in love with them right when we met them!

Unfortunately, we had rain at our wedding, literally the entire time. We had to make quite a few changes and Ches and Ber were flexible in working with us and adapting to the schedule shifts. They also assured us that our day would still be perfect!

After the wedding all of our guests were commenting how nice Ches and Ber were. Our guests couldn't believe how they were at every single event throughout the night. They kept telling us that they were all over the place! We can't wait to see the pictures!

Obviously the weather was a disappointment, but out of our control. Ches and Ber were so kind and felt for us that the weather did not cooperate. They stuck around the morning after our wedding to capture some photos of us on the beach since we were unable to take them the day before.

We are so excited to see our photos! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being apart of our special day and for putting us at ease with working with you!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Awww, thanks a billion!!! We too felt a strong connection with you two and are working hard on your amazing pics. We'll be in touch soon!!
    Sending huge hugs and much love your way :D

Lily · Married on 05/19/2015

I had a destination wedding and I was a little reluctant in hiring a photographer not knowing how reliable they would be. My sister found Quetzal photo and I am so happy she did. They were very friendly, flexible and professional. I enjoyed working with Ber and Ches very much. Most importantly the pictures turned out absolutely amazing.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion Lily!!! Loved telling the story of your day, so much love and beauty :D

Amanda · Married on 05/16/2015

Ches and her team were excellent! I did a Boudoir session with Ches when we arrived to our resort, it was my wedding gift to my husband. She was very professional and had the pictures edited and printed into a book for my husband that same week, she even gift wrapped it for me!

For our wedding day we chose to have her and her team for an eight hour session, she arrived with two other photographers. She photographed me and my bridesmaids while we were getting ready and her husband was photographing the groom and his groomsmen and the third photographer took pictures around the resort. Well worth the money to have all three of them for eight hours! They were able to get beautiful pictures of the entire wedding day from start to finish!

Ches provided some "sneak peek" pictures within two weeks of the wedding and we received the rest of the pictures within four weeks after the wedding.

We would highly recommend Quetzal Photography for any occasion!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion Amanda!!!
    Loved working with you two :D

Liz · Married on 05/09/2015

Working with Ches and her husband, Bernie with Quetzal Photo was the BEST decision we made for our destination wedding. My husband and I were married at the Playacar Palace in Playa del Carmen; and wanted more than what was offered with the default photography option at the resort. The biggest blessing we had was being connected to Quetzal Photo, as their services for the value was incredible. Not only were we able to have them by our sides during the bulk of our wedding day, but we also had a Trash The Dress session included in the package that they offered.
    Beyond the financial value proposition, Ches and Bernie produced the most incredible finished product. Both, our wedding and TTD photos, are absolutely breathtaking. They captured the essence of the event, the personalities, the emotions, and the party in a way that I have not seen previously. We had over 80 guests attend our wedding, with half our guests as Mexican citizens and the other half from the US. The mixing of cultures was something we wanted to incorporate into our wedding, and Quetzal was so wonderful to work with and were able to make each party very comfortable. Nearly everyone noted after the wedding that 'your photographers were incredible....they were everywhere....they literally captured everything."
    The level of professionalism is a 5 out of 5 without a doubt. They were always on time, prompt, and extremely thorough with both the communications months before the wedding as well as the on-site support. Ches and Bernie truly went out of their way to host us for the TTD sesssion a couple days after the wedding.
    We have photos to last a lifetime, and it was the BEST investment we made in the wedding by having Quetzal Photo as our photographers. We love the Riviera Maya area and will always connect with them to capture the moments throughout life (anniversaries, pregnancies, family, etc.) as time goes on.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

A million thank you's Liz!!! We LOVED capturing your story and love in the Mayan Riviera :) Wishing you both so many more years of happiness together
  • W

Whitney · Married on 02/14/2015

Ches and Bernie are amazing. I cannot begin to describe how truly happy I am to have chosen them as our photographers (not only for the wedding, but for boudoir and trash the dress shoots as well). They were the easiest part of planning my destination wedding–super communicative, easy to work with, on time for the shoots and on time with the photos (our guests loved them too). And holy cow, the photos are incredible. I have received so many compliments. I could just stare at them all day. They really did a great job of capturing everything about the wedding –the feeling, the resort, the guests, the love, the party– it's all there in the pictures. They are such a perfect reminder of my perfect weekend, and I am so grateful. If I have one regret it's that I didn't have them photograph the catamaran cruise we did the day before the wedding. They really are just the best. Thanks again Quetzal!!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Ches and her team were such delightful people to work with. Their positive energy is contagious and it contributed a lot to getting such wonderful pictures. They knew exactly how to get the best angles and the pictures turned out incredible. If I was ever in the need for a photographer in Cancun without a doubt I would work with them again. They are just completely amazing.

Sent on 03/23/2015
  • Y

Yan · Married on 01/24/2015

Really responsive, helpful, personable photographers. They're very creative and create beautiful, classic shots, and made me and all of our guests feel very comfortable. I would recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 03/08/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Yan , was a pleasure work with you, we love your wedding.

Melissa · Married on 01/08/2015

Quetzal was a recommendation from our wedding planner. After going through the portfolio of many photographers, they really stood out for me. I really love a more candid and artistic approach to photography. I really didn’t want too many posy pictures and I felt like Quetzal could fit that bill! Quetzal is managed by a married couple (Ches and Bernardo) and they are both such lovely people. Ches, Bernardo and an assistant showed up during our wedding day and our guests are still saying how amazing our photographers were and how kind they were! And we totally agree. We had complete faith in the Quetzal team and their creative skills the day of the wedding and with good reason, the pictures are amazing! They were especially wonderful when our itinerary ran very late (because of hair and makeup) and we had to squeeze in 10min of wedding party pictures. They were patient and kept things under control and really helped us catch up on missed photo opportunities throughout the evening. Book them, they are wonderful to work with and deliver beautiful pictures!!!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Thanks Melissa,

It was a wonderful wedding, really enjoyed working with you. Today and always wish you the best of the best.

Heather · Married on 01/06/2015

Amazing talent with an amazing team!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Thanks Heather!!

Was a pleasure!!

Chez and her crew provided beautiful photos for our destination wedding. We were so happy with her flexibility in timing, reasonable price compared to others in the area, and the quality of her work. She truly captured the light, love, and life of our day beautifully!

Sent on 01/20/2015

This team is very on point and take great pictures! I would recommend them to anyone. If I am ever in a spot that I can use them again, I will!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Melinda · Married on 11/09/2014

Working with Ches and the rest of the Quetzal team was such a memorable and pleasant experience. We had the most wonderful experience with them- they were incredibly talented, friendly, accommodating, timely, and hard-working. Most of all, our photos turned out beautiful. Despite the fact that Ches and team did not have much to work with given our beach wedding was rained out and our hotel stuck us in an ugly conference room for our ceremony, they still managed to beautifully capture this special moment in our lives. My husband and I are planning on going back to the Cancun area this spring and are hoping that Quetzal has an availability to take the beach pictures we never got to take. I look forward to (hopefully) working with them again! Thank you, Quetzal!!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks very Much Melinda for us we´ll be a pleasure see you again!! We would love to make your beach session :)

Thomas · Married on 11/01/2014

Let me start with an admission. I am a photographer and director and know what I like. For months, I perused the websites of recommended photographers based in Tulum and finally landed on Ches and Ber at Quetzal Photo. We chatted and discussed my (and my wife's) visions - documentary style, photo-journalist, shallow depth of field, natural light, nothing too posed, nothing cheesy i.e. I would not be frolicking with my in the ocean like some lame episode of The Bachelor... I hoped and prayed that they understood.
    They did.
    We meet briefly in Tulum a couple of days before the wedding to chat about timing and approach. It was an easy conversation and they basically told me what I need to know - when the should arrive, whom they should cover, and when to finish up the day. We agreed and I went back to tending my Mezcal hangover by swimming in the Ocean.
    On the day of the wedding, they split up and covered both of us getting ready. Then joined forces (with an assistant in tow) and seamlessly captured the rest of the magical day.
    The photographs not only exceeded our expectations, but the photographers were also very discreet which was important because we had a circular Mayan ceremony with 2 Shamans (65 people) which, logistically speaking, can make things a bit more challenging to be unseen.
    Overall, I can't express how happy we are, no, how lucky we are to have found them. Their attitude and vibe was right in line with ours, so much in fact that we now consider them our friends. I can't wait to get back down to Tulum (soon!!!) to catch up with Ches and Ber. They did an amazing job and are amazing people.

You would be foolish not to book them to document your special moment.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thomas and Christina, really thank you for trusting us, we enjoyed a lot to share with you. Their wedding was one of the most beautiful, the love between you two really seems unique and very special. We wish you all the best today and always.
    Thomas and Christina

Camilla · Married on 09/27/2014

Quetzal Photo was amazing, I can definitely tell they love what they do. Ches and Bernard are so sweet and make the whole picture taking process so much fun, Ber was so good at keep us laughing the whole time even while I was under some stress bc my maid of honor dress zipper had broken and we had to sew the dress last minute while on her. They even brought an extra photographer with them; Melissa which was a big plus she was great as well! Everyone Loves our pictures and I love how they captured forever very special moments. Me and My Husband both teared up when we saw the pictures. I highly recommend them. At the end of the wedding they had made friends with everyone while taking pictures blending in with the guests which is so nice since some people don't like when they pictures are taken. If I have the opportunity to hire them again I definitely would! :)

Sent on 11/07/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you !! Really have enjoyed it immensely. We love working with such wonderful people like you. Best wishes today and always !!

Catalina · Married on 09/06/2014

Excelent work!!! Amazing photos

Sent on 10/02/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Catalina, was incredible work with you!! Congratulations!! http://quetzalphoto.com/wedding-photographer-cancun/catalina-y-carlos/

Emma · Married on 08/11/2014

My husband and I are a multicultural couple, my husband is Mexican and I am American, we live in Playa Del Carmen and through Facebook and friends had heard about Queztal Photo. The best thing about them was that they were willing to work in both languages and with both cultures. I also loved the fact that our wedding was August 11th and today is August 28th, and Ches contacted me this morning sharing a link with me to our edited photos! They are very professional and work in a very timely manner! I would most definitely recommend them to my friends and use them for future events!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Emma and Francisco thanks for everything and for let us be part of your big day. Was a beautiful Wedding.

Your Wedding : http://quetzalphoto.com/emma-francisco/

Daniela · Married on 07/12/2014

I don't know where to start! Quetzal Photo is anything but ordinary...they are extraordinary! The amount of talent and effort this duo put into their work it shows from beginning to end. Extremely professional, on time, very friendly, always going the extra mile to find that perfect shot, and their finished product...WOW! My pictures turned out beautiful. I'm incredibly happy with my pictures!!! Thank you Quetzal Photo!!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Daniela, we always love to shgare our art with wonderfull people.

Toni · Married on 06/21/2014

They are really profesional and even better persons
    Congratulatiins

Sent on 08/01/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Toni , was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations are truly a beautiful family

Marta · Married on 06/21/2014

I can't even express how much we are in looove with all the pictures. Best team of phographers I've worked with. We are soo thankful to have worked with them, we knew they were good but once we have seen the results it is absolutely stunning. We are not only staying with the wedding photos but we are also working with them for the maternity and first baby photos.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you very much Marta. I really enjoyed work with you on your big day. You are an amazing family. We are excited to continue portraying those special moments in your lives and very happy with the arrival of your baby.

Jose Luis · Married on 06/21/2014

Estoy más que contento con el trabajo de Quetzal Photo, tanto Chesira y Ber super amables, hicieron la sesión de fotos muy divertida, natural y el resultado fue sorprendente!.

Los recomiendo AMPLIAMENTE!.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Gracias Koch!! Ustedes son unicos, nos encanto trabajar con ustedes en su gran dia!!!

Ellen · Married on 05/24/2014

Chesira and her team were excellent. From the moment we met a few days before the wedding, they knew exactly the style of photography we wanted for our wedding. And they mirrored our personalities in the photos they took. Almost every single one of our guests commented to us that they "couldn't wait to see our photos because the photographers seemed to capture every moment."

I was incredibly impressed with the team's professionalism, and their ability to capture everything, yet always operating in the background. In my professional life, I work with many event photographers. I would, hands down, recommend Quetzal to anyone looking for a photographer in the Cancun area.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Martina · Married on 05/15/2014

Realmente hemos coincidido con dos grandes profesionales. Chesira y Ber han hecho un trabajo impecable retratando nuestros mejores y más emotivos momentos. Se refleja en cada una de las fotos, las sensaciones y los sentimientos que nos inundaron ese día. Además, son dos personas encantadoras, siempre con buena onda y predispuestos a todo. Nos divertimos y disfrutamos cada instante.
    Los volveríamos a elegir, sin dudas.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Madeline · Married on 02/21/2014

It was such a pleasure working with Ches and Bernardo of Quetzal Photo. From the very beginning of the planning process and planning from a distance, they were very quick to respond to any questions or concerns and had my timeline/schedule down perfectly. Most importantly, their talent and passion for what they do shines through in their product. The photographs are amazing! When we, as well as our friends and family, looked through the photos of our wedding day, each photo provided us with a nostalgic essence and we were brought immediately back to that day.They were able to invoke the same excitement and happiness through their art of photography and did a wonderful job capturing all of the various emotions and the pure spirit and essence of our wedding day. The only thing I regret is that I did not book them for more time, so my advice is to hire Quetzal Photo and make sure you have them from Pre-Ceremony all the way until the end of the reception!

Sent on 03/20/2014