Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

109 | Cancun, MX

109 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

Chez and her crew provided beautiful photos for our destination wedding. We were so happy with her flexibility in timing, reasonable price compared to others in the area, and the quality of her work. She truly captured the light, love, and life of our day beautifully!

Sent on 01/20/2015

This team is very on point and take great pictures! I would recommend them to anyone. If I am ever in a spot that I can use them again, I will!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Melinda · Married on 11/09/2014

Working with Ches and the rest of the Quetzal team was such a memorable and pleasant experience. We had the most wonderful experience with them- they were incredibly talented, friendly, accommodating, timely, and hard-working. Most of all, our photos turned out beautiful. Despite the fact that Ches and team did not have much to work with given our beach wedding was rained out and our hotel stuck us in an ugly conference room for our ceremony, they still managed to beautifully capture this special moment in our lives. My husband and I are planning on going back to the Cancun area this spring and are hoping that Quetzal has an availability to take the beach pictures we never got to take. I look forward to (hopefully) working with them again! Thank you, Quetzal!!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks very Much Melinda for us we´ll be a pleasure see you again!! We would love to make your beach session :)

Thomas · Married on 11/01/2014

Let me start with an admission. I am a photographer and director and know what I like. For months, I perused the websites of recommended photographers based in Tulum and finally landed on Ches and Ber at Quetzal Photo. We chatted and discussed my (and my wife's) visions - documentary style, photo-journalist, shallow depth of field, natural light, nothing too posed, nothing cheesy i.e. I would not be frolicking with my in the ocean like some lame episode of The Bachelor... I hoped and prayed that they understood.
    They did.
    We meet briefly in Tulum a couple of days before the wedding to chat about timing and approach. It was an easy conversation and they basically told me what I need to know - when the should arrive, whom they should cover, and when to finish up the day. We agreed and I went back to tending my Mezcal hangover by swimming in the Ocean.
    On the day of the wedding, they split up and covered both of us getting ready. Then joined forces (with an assistant in tow) and seamlessly captured the rest of the magical day.
    The photographs not only exceeded our expectations, but the photographers were also very discreet which was important because we had a circular Mayan ceremony with 2 Shamans (65 people) which, logistically speaking, can make things a bit more challenging to be unseen.
    Overall, I can't express how happy we are, no, how lucky we are to have found them. Their attitude and vibe was right in line with ours, so much in fact that we now consider them our friends. I can't wait to get back down to Tulum (soon!!!) to catch up with Ches and Ber. They did an amazing job and are amazing people.

You would be foolish not to book them to document your special moment.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thomas and Christina, really thank you for trusting us, we enjoyed a lot to share with you. Their wedding was one of the most beautiful, the love between you two really seems unique and very special. We wish you all the best today and always.
    Thomas and Christina

Camilla · Married on 09/27/2014

Quetzal Photo was amazing, I can definitely tell they love what they do. Ches and Bernard are so sweet and make the whole picture taking process so much fun, Ber was so good at keep us laughing the whole time even while I was under some stress bc my maid of honor dress zipper had broken and we had to sew the dress last minute while on her. They even brought an extra photographer with them; Melissa which was a big plus she was great as well! Everyone Loves our pictures and I love how they captured forever very special moments. Me and My Husband both teared up when we saw the pictures. I highly recommend them. At the end of the wedding they had made friends with everyone while taking pictures blending in with the guests which is so nice since some people don't like when they pictures are taken. If I have the opportunity to hire them again I definitely would! :)

Sent on 11/07/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you !! Really have enjoyed it immensely. We love working with such wonderful people like you. Best wishes today and always !!

Catalina · Married on 09/06/2014

Excelent work!!! Amazing photos

Sent on 10/02/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Catalina, was incredible work with you!! Congratulations!! http://quetzalphoto.com/wedding-photographer-cancun/catalina-y-carlos/

Emma · Married on 08/11/2014

My husband and I are a multicultural couple, my husband is Mexican and I am American, we live in Playa Del Carmen and through Facebook and friends had heard about Queztal Photo. The best thing about them was that they were willing to work in both languages and with both cultures. I also loved the fact that our wedding was August 11th and today is August 28th, and Ches contacted me this morning sharing a link with me to our edited photos! They are very professional and work in a very timely manner! I would most definitely recommend them to my friends and use them for future events!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Emma and Francisco thanks for everything and for let us be part of your big day. Was a beautiful Wedding.

Your Wedding : http://quetzalphoto.com/emma-francisco/

Daniela · Married on 07/12/2014

I don't know where to start! Quetzal Photo is anything but ordinary...they are extraordinary! The amount of talent and effort this duo put into their work it shows from beginning to end. Extremely professional, on time, very friendly, always going the extra mile to find that perfect shot, and their finished product...WOW! My pictures turned out beautiful. I'm incredibly happy with my pictures!!! Thank you Quetzal Photo!!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Daniela, we always love to shgare our art with wonderfull people.

Toni · Married on 06/21/2014

They are really profesional and even better persons
    Congratulatiins

Sent on 08/01/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Toni , was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations are truly a beautiful family

Marta · Married on 06/21/2014

I can't even express how much we are in looove with all the pictures. Best team of phographers I've worked with. We are soo thankful to have worked with them, we knew they were good but once we have seen the results it is absolutely stunning. We are not only staying with the wedding photos but we are also working with them for the maternity and first baby photos.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you very much Marta. I really enjoyed work with you on your big day. You are an amazing family. We are excited to continue portraying those special moments in your lives and very happy with the arrival of your baby.

Jose Luis · Married on 06/21/2014

Estoy más que contento con el trabajo de Quetzal Photo, tanto Chesira y Ber super amables, hicieron la sesión de fotos muy divertida, natural y el resultado fue sorprendente!.

Los recomiendo AMPLIAMENTE!.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Gracias Koch!! Ustedes son unicos, nos encanto trabajar con ustedes en su gran dia!!!

Ellen · Married on 05/24/2014

Chesira and her team were excellent. From the moment we met a few days before the wedding, they knew exactly the style of photography we wanted for our wedding. And they mirrored our personalities in the photos they took. Almost every single one of our guests commented to us that they "couldn't wait to see our photos because the photographers seemed to capture every moment."

I was incredibly impressed with the team's professionalism, and their ability to capture everything, yet always operating in the background. In my professional life, I work with many event photographers. I would, hands down, recommend Quetzal to anyone looking for a photographer in the Cancun area.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Martina · Married on 05/15/2014

Realmente hemos coincidido con dos grandes profesionales. Chesira y Ber han hecho un trabajo impecable retratando nuestros mejores y más emotivos momentos. Se refleja en cada una de las fotos, las sensaciones y los sentimientos que nos inundaron ese día. Además, son dos personas encantadoras, siempre con buena onda y predispuestos a todo. Nos divertimos y disfrutamos cada instante.
    Los volveríamos a elegir, sin dudas.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Madeline · Married on 02/21/2014

It was such a pleasure working with Ches and Bernardo of Quetzal Photo. From the very beginning of the planning process and planning from a distance, they were very quick to respond to any questions or concerns and had my timeline/schedule down perfectly. Most importantly, their talent and passion for what they do shines through in their product. The photographs are amazing! When we, as well as our friends and family, looked through the photos of our wedding day, each photo provided us with a nostalgic essence and we were brought immediately back to that day.They were able to invoke the same excitement and happiness through their art of photography and did a wonderful job capturing all of the various emotions and the pure spirit and essence of our wedding day. The only thing I regret is that I did not book them for more time, so my advice is to hire Quetzal Photo and make sure you have them from Pre-Ceremony all the way until the end of the reception!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Debbie · Married on 02/15/2014

Due to a weather emergency, the photographers from the US for my daughter's wedding in Mexico couldn't make it. I had only 24 hours to find a new photographer. Bernardo and Chesira were recommended to me by the developer of several properties in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, so I put in a call to them. They responded very quickly, were available, and were extremely professional, fun, flexible, and responsive.
    They helped make a very stressful time much more relaxing, and the photos they took are absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Bernardo and Ches, for making our day special!!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

We are very grateful to have been part of this story. It truly was lucky not to have another event that day. We love meeting with couples with more time, on this occasion it was not necessary. Megan and Chritopher are extraordinary people and it was a pleasure taking photos of their wedding. Thanks Debbie for trusting us.

Megan · Married on 02/15/2014

Quetzal photo came through for me in a crisis in a MAJOR sort of way. I had my wedding in beautiful Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on February 15, 2014. I had booked photographers from the States (long-time friends of mine). Well, the weather had other plans! Due to a wicked snowstorm, my photographers could not make it. I had previously used Quetzal for other photos and reached out to them in a panic.

Like the consummate professionals they are, they came through for me on less than 24 hours notice. They were delightful, more than accommodating, fun and, most importantly, took absolutely GORGEOUS photos that I will cherish forever. I would HIGHLY recommend Quetzal Photo to ANYONE seeking a photographer in the Playa Del Carmen area. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Lara · Married on 02/08/2014

I found Quetzal Photo on Bodas.mx and chose them because the quality of their images and their photo finishing far outweighed that of others in the Tulum/Playa del Carmen area. Chesira, Ber and Laura were an absolute pleasure to work with on our wedding day. The team was responsive during the planning stages and was expert at setting expectations so we knew what would happen on the big day. They are true artists and have a knack for capturing candid moments and this is what makes them really special. It's clear Ches and Ber have their own romantic story, and it feels awesome on your own wedding day to be cared for photographically by these two, who work together and understand the nature of capturing love on camera so well. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/15/2014

Mario · Married on 12/20/2013

It was a pleasure to have Quetzal Photo team on our weddding in Riviera Maya, Mexico. We have just received their amazing photos and are very happy that Ches and Bernardo were our wedding photographers. We will admire these photos for the rest of our life together!! They are truely talented, professional and fun to work with. Ches even joined our pre-event meeting to schedule perfect shootings during the ceremony and photo session, so everything went smooth on the day and they could capture every moment. The photos are artistic (not boring at all!) but not too eccentric. I like that they came up with lots of ideas about angles, posing, location and etc to take memorable photos but of course taking basic family/couple photos too. Millions of thanks again!!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Ana · Married on 11/09/2013

It was a great experience having Quetzal Photo as our wedding photographer! Both time, the wedding an the trash the dress, they were on time an with lots of positive energy and a big smile. They made an excellent work! When we receive the final photo album and the discs we knew they were the best choice ever! We hope to met with them again in another time, and get new splendid pictures!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Ana thank you very much for having your experience, for us it was a real pleasure to have your beautiful wedding. We hope to see you again. A big hug for you both.
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2013

Quetzal Photo did a fabulous job with our wedding photos! The photos are so beautiful and unique. We get compliments all the time :) Ches and Bernardo were wonderful at the event as well. They got photos of all the important (and tiny!) moments, but they were never "in the way." They were very friendly and all our guests loved them. They really listened to what we wanted and they were easy to communicate with, in person and over emails. Quetzal Photo totally exceeded our expectations, especially with the high level of service they provided and the reasonable prices. They even got our photos back to us one week after the wedding! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for high quality photography and professional, friendly service.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Natalie thank you very much, we really enjoyed make your wedding photos. Hugs to all the family.

Mi boda fue en Dreams Tulum, y estuvieron geniales!! Llegaron a tiempo a la sesión de getting ready, nos mandaron dos fotografos (Ber y Mel) que tienen muy buenas ideas y originales para las fotos , son muy buena onda los dos y te hacen sentir comoda!! captaron todos los momentos mas importantes que uno Suena con tener!!

Mi experiencia fue muy buena con Quetzal, fue muy buena elección que hicimos y estamos muy contentos con su trabajo y lo mejor de todo fue que nos ayudaron a plasmar los más valiosos recuerdos de nuestras vidas!!!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Daisy · Married on 05/25/2013

The pictures that were taken at my wedding have gotten nothing but great compliments. The team of photographers that worked with me at the wedding was perfect I loved them. I would hire them again in a heart beat. I have gotten many comments stating that my pictured are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen because Quetzal us that good!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Luandrei · Married on 11/24/2017

Ches, Jonathan, Kari, and Heather were fantastic! Very professional and friendly. Ches was running around the entire time capturing moments for us on our wedding day, wedging herself between awkward places just so she can get the perfect shot. We couldn't have asked for a better team. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Andrei. We really enjoyed your wedding. We wish you and Luanyi a long and healthy marriage. Big hugs!

Ravi · Married on 04/15/2017

Wedding photos were one of the things on my list that I was the most passionate about as that is what you will show people and use to remember your big day for (hopefully) decades to come. I put a lot of research into this and I can honestly say Quetzal Photography are one of the top Wedding Photographers in the Tulum/Playa Del Carmen area.

I was very happy not only with their level of detail, attention and professionalism on the day but love the look of my wedding photos! Trust them with your Wedding!

Sent on 08/29/2017
  • Jessica713

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2016

Absolutely loved working with Ches and Ber! We originally put a deposit down on another photographer that was an approved vendor through our resort - but who were weren't overly thrilled with, then came across Quetzal Photo on Instagram and fell in love. We cancelled our original photographer and it was one of our best wedding planning decisions. They were fun and easy to work with, and they have a beautiful style of photography. It did take longer to get our photos than we hoped (3 months), but it was well worth the wait.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks for for your sweet words, loved working with you!!!! Wishing you so many happy years together :D