Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

111 | Cancun, MX

111 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

Sandi · Married on 04/12/2017

I don't even know how to thank Quetzel Wedding Photo for being so amazing!!!! My husband and I were in Mexico and were thinking of renewingour vows since it was just about 10 years ago that we got married on the beach in Cozumel. We were with our 3 kids and thought it would be cool to renew our vows and have them involved with the ceremony. I didn't plan anything before we left Las Vegas for Mexico for the renewal so whatever we decided was obviously going to be very last minute. While we were in Playa Del Carmen we looked into having a traditional Mayan ceremony and were able to book something for the next day-we couldn't believe it! So the hunt was now on for a photographer that would be available so last minute and would be a great fit to capture our style and candidness. We are wedding cinematographers in Las Vegas so we knew what we were looking for. We found a few photographers at around midnight and emailed them asking if by any crazy chance they would be available at 10 the next morning. To our huge surprise Quetzel got back to us around 7am and said they would be able to do it!!!!! OMG that was the BEST news EVER!!!! We loved their style of shooting and couldn't believe how everything just fell into place. It was totally meant to be. I literally paid for the session and signed the contract while in the taxi on our way to the cenote where our ceremony was taking place. They made me feel so comfortable and confident that morning that they had it all under control. Another surprise was that they knew of this remote location and knew the gentleman that planned our ceremony with the Shaman! Seriously how cool was that-it was like an instant family:). Our photographer moved around us in the small cave with such ease and captured amazing shots of our whole family. He created such a beautiful snapshot in time for us, we will be forever grateful! They did a super fast turnaround of our pics and we were featured in the Huffington Post. UNBELIEVABLE!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

It truly was meant to be Sandi, so happy we found each other!!!! Can't tell you how crazy we are about your last minute vow renewal and your crazy fun personalities. Thanks so much for your review and for giving us such an amazing story!!!!

Jordyn · Married on 04/02/2017

My advice for anyone having a destination wedding is to BOOK QUETZAL PHOTO! It was the best decision that I made throughout all of my wedding planning & decisions. My husband and my parents both thought I was crazy that I kept on searching & doing research for a photographer when our resort had their own on site. I looked at the on site photographers work and wasn't impressed-it just wasn't my personal style & I knew I wouldn't be happy in the end. I found Quetzal Photo by searching on Instagram & went to their website-their work made my mouth drop!!! I knew I had to have them. From the second we booked them, they sent us questionnaires via email to learn more about me, my husband, our families & how we saw our special day going & what we wanted out of it. We worked with Ana in the beginning stages & she was wonderful & replied in such a timely manor on emails. We are thrilled with our images-I cried ALOT when we got them back-they truly captured our day & it took me right back to Mexico. The images are BEAUTIFUL. They truly are pure magic! The images were not staged at all -they didn't round everyone up and request certain images-(i hate when photographers do this!) They just documented our day in a way that is truly stunning!! On top of all of this- They were SO MUCH FUN & truly and delight to work with. Hands down-best decision I made. If only there were more stars to give them. I will cherish my images forever. I cant even tell you how many compliments we have gotten on our images via social media and family/friends. Thank You from the bottom of my heart !!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Aaaawwww, thanks so much my love!!!! Loved being part of your day and even dancing together at the end of the night, lol We wish you a wonderful life together and let us know next time you are in Mexico. Ches, Ana & the team.

Laura · Married on 03/18/2017

We could not have been happier with our choice of having Quetzal shoot our wedding! I looked into photographers from the States, but I really preferred having a local photographer. Their talent and style is so far above the competition. Plus, they are really fun! If you are trying to make that difficult decision of who to hire for your special day, I would highly recommend you end your search with Quetzal.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much Laura!!!! We looooooooved working with you and look forward to seeing again in your next visit to the area ;) Huge hugs and much love

Joelle · Married on 03/11/2017

If you have your wedding in the Cancun area, you HAVE to select Quetzal Photo as your photography vendor. They were nothing but informative and helpful from the start, and our photos came out AMAZING. They are so talented and artistic... I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much Joelle!!! Your wedding was a beautiful masterpiece. We fell in love with your amazing wedding gown and we will cherish these photos perhaps as much as you! We wish you both so many amazing and wonderful years together!!! Sending much love your way ;)

Alexa · Married on 01/28/2017

I loved working with them! Communication was so professional and always keeping me informed of what was needed or pending. They did a great job at my wedding, captured all our special moments, but without distracting us from having a great time with our guests. I couldn't have asked for more. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much Alexa, for opening yours hearts to us and allowing us to take part of such a special day in your lifes!! Huge hugs

Alexandra · Married on 01/28/2017

Amazing team of photographers! I I had about 5-6 to pick from and I am so happy I chose Quetzal, they did an incredible job with my wedding. I now have the greatest memories. Thanks Chez!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you sooooo much Alexa!!! We feel so blessed to have been chosen to shoot your day. Sending much love your way ;)

Stephanie · Married on 12/10/2016

Can't say enough wonderful things about this photography team and the final results. We loved everything about them and they captured our weekend beautiful!!!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much for your sweet words Stephanie, can't tell you enough how much we LOOOOVED capturing your day and feel truly honored that you chose us to be a part of it. All the best to you both ;)

Melanie · Married on 12/03/2016

I can not put into words how much I love Quetzal. Working with them was a phenomenal experience start to finish. Their personalities are so thoughtful and kind through the entire process. Start to finish they manage to be very professional and extremely personal all at once. Beyond that the photography is out of this world. Our wedding photos are beyond anything we could have ever imagined. I can't believe I got lucky enough to have my day captured by such extremely talented artists.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much Melanie!!!! Your kind words mean the world to us!!! Sending much love and good vibes your way :D

Kara · Married on 12/02/2016

We are so incredibly thankful to have found Quetzal Wedding Photo for our day! The team went above and beyond to capture true, honest, raw, and memorable moments to create a beautiful display of our love for each other, our friends, and our family on such a special day. From the very beginning, they were remarkably responsive, professional, and personable, qualities that carried through to the very end. We are so honored they were available to help us remember our wedding day perfectly. Our friends and family could not say enough and continue to remark on their incredible services as their display of endless motivation to capture those beautiful moments and hard work was visibly evident to all present. Thank you, Quetzal Wedding Photo - we strongly recommend your services.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Kara my dear, thanks so much for this wonderful review!!! We wish you both so many amazing and magical years together. Thanks for your trust ;)

Michelle · Married on 11/23/2016

We hate taking photos, hate! But as soon as I found Quetzal Photography I had hope. I don't think of it as photos, I think of them as works of art. They are able to capture raw moments and some planned that will be moments you will be able to keep for a lifetime. To say that we are in love with our photos is an understatement. They were great at responding to our first inquiry, getting us prices, answering all of our questions before we booked, and making us very comfortable on the day of. They were the one thing I can say that we were most excited as a couple for on our wedding day. They listened to us, they made us open up, made us comfortable and were able to take some unbelievable shots. They really have a great style and already had in mind what they wanted to do with us, so no time was wasted. They definitely made the absolute most of the time we were able to book them for. Its going to be hard to ever have professional photos taken again. I honestly plan on making family trips down to Mexico for all further family portraits. Love you Ber & Ches! We can't thank you enough for preserving the memories of our very special day! I fear we will now that be that couple with a million framed photos of ourselves in our home. We blame you.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much for your honest and fun review. We loved working with you both and so happy to hear that your problem now is what to frame :D Love you both

Daniela · Married on 11/05/2016

Quetzal Photography was amazing to work with from the very beginning to the day of our wedding. The pictures they captured of our special day are amazing and my husband and I couldn't be happier with their work. Thank you so much! :)

Sent on 01/27/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much Daniela!! We feel so fortunate to have been the storytellers of your day. Best wishes and huge hugs.

Christina · Married on 05/15/2016

A DREAM COME TRUE! My husband and I still look at our wedding photos and have the biggest smile and warmest feelings in our hearts! Ches & Bernie did an extraordinary job capturing each moment, each detail and each expression. Being able to capture photos and have the viewer actually FEEL something is truly an art form. They understand lighting, composition, perspective and most importantly - connecting with their clients to make them feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. It is because of this that all of our photos emit happiness and confidence. When we shared our wedding album, we received so many compliments. And when professional photographers reached out to us and said, "Wow, your wedding photographers did amazing!".....we couldn't help but smile and said "WE KNOW!" :)

Also, their administrative assistant, Ana, has also been a joy to work with. She's quick to respond and detail oriented. She made planning the photography sessions extremely easy. (Thank you Ana!)

I've got high standards, so trust me when I say hands down, the Quetzal Wedding Photography Team is the best - professional and high quality! You won't regret booking them for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much for this amazing review my love!!! We wish you both so many happy, incredible and magical years together :D

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2016

Quetzal Photo was an integral part of making our wedding day in Tulum so amazing. From the beginning they were very responsive to my emails and took time to get to know us as a couple and to understand what we wanted out of our wedding photos. On the day of the wedding they were lovely from the second we met and were up for anything! When we decided last minute to do a first look about a mile down the road on a big rock formation, they not only drove us there they even negotiated with the a parking attendant to let us park quickly so we could get the shot and be on our way. When we received our images last week, we were thrilled with the moments they captured. They perfectly chronicled our day and we will cherish the memories and photos for years to come!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much Ashley, your words mean the world to us!!! Sending huge hugs your way and thanks again for trusting our vision ;)

Kalie · Married on 05/14/2016

I highly recommend Quetzal. I was looking for a photographer that would capture candid and real moments on our big day, instead of anything too posed or cliche. I am so happy with the photos that I received.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Thanks so much Kalie!!! Big hugs

Kelly · Married on 05/05/2016

Wow...what can we say!? We just recently received our wedding photos and Quetzal went above and beyond our expectations! Out of all of the choices we had to make leading up to our wedding day, booking Quetzal was by far our best decision!

From the initial phases of booking to meeting the team on the day, it was an amazing experience. Ana was always so responsive and such a pleasure to deal with leading up to the wedding. Chez and Ber were an unbelievable duo that were such fun to work with.... they always made us feel at such ease.

Chez and Ber are an extremely talented couple, the pictures speak for themselves!

Thank you, thank you! Kelly & Dariusz Malinowski

Sent on 06/09/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Kelly, you are such a doll. Thanks for the amazing review, we LOOOOOVED working with you and wish you both incredibly wonderful years together. Much love, Ches, Ber & Ana
  • F

Faizah · Married on 12/10/2015

Quetzal Photography are an amazing team! They truly met my expectations and even more! Finding the right photographer was important to me. I looked through a few photographers websites before landing on Quetzal's. It took me about 1 minute into looking at their work to know that I WANTED them to shoot my wedding day! The way they capture moments look so natural and beautiful. Makes you feel like you're there. I met with the team in August for a pre-wedding shoot. You can't help but fall in love with Bernie and Chez! My husband hates taking photos but they made him feel at ease and made the experience so fun! Bernie and Chez have such a warm and positive vibe, which makes you love them even more! On my wedding day, things were a bit frantic at the house, but Chez came in and put me at ease. I just received my final pictures and I am beyond pleased with the work they have done! Every time I look at my pictures, it just takes me back to one of the best days of my life!!! And for that, I am so very grateful!! There is one tiny bit of feedback I have and that is that I can tell that Chez and Bernie take their art very seriously. They put a lot of hard work and love into every picture. When it comes to editing I know it takes a bit of time since there's a whole day of pictures to go through and I am happy with waiting for my pictures if I am given a more accurate time frame. The time frame I was given was a bit shorter than when I actually received them. So for future bride and grooms, just ask for a more accurate time frame. That way you're in the know about when you will get your pictures and not harassing Quetzal. With that being said, I would HIGHLY recommend Quetzal Photography for weddings, births, family portraits, boudoir shots, etc.!!!!!! They know what they are doing!

Sent on 03/30/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much for your sweet words!! We loooooved working with you two and look forward to seeing you again :D Big hugs.

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2015

My husband and I did a destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen, and Quetzal was recommended to us. They were so amazing to work with and we felt so relaxed and comfortable with them, despite the weather not cooperating. But we made the best of it and we are so extremely happy with the photos we received... they were fun, romantic, creative and everything we dreamed of!!! Thank you Quetzal from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks you both for taking the time to write about your experience. We LOVED being part of your day and look forward to seeing you both in the near future ;)

Samantha · Married on 11/02/2015

Everything I wanted and so much more! I will forever be grateful to Quetzal for the beautiful images that they captured on our wedding day. They gorgeously documented the colors and life of the city of Tulum, the love that my husband and I share, and the joy of our family and friends. What's more, is that Ber and Ches are so warm-hearted and kind. It's special having photographers beside you who truly want to be there and are immersed in the moment with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything on our wedding day and for the images we get to enjoy forever!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion for taking the time to write about your experience, Samantha. I can't tell you how much we LOVED being part of your day and having the opportunity to capture the beautiful love you two have for each other. Sending huge hugs your way. Ches & Bernie

Kerstan · Married on 10/17/2015

When planning our destination wedding we highly considered bringing a photographer with us from the states. Pictures were very important to us and we wanted to find a photographer that would capture our entire event. I know it is difficult to capture everything but it was important that we found someone that we felt confident in to not miss anything.

We met with 4 or 5 different local photographers as well as photographers from the US and after all of the meetings we decided on using Ches and Ber. The reason we chose to work with them was first because of their amazing photos. In addition, they were incredibly nice, responsive and professional. They assured us that the process of working with them would be easy and stress free, which it was!

This company took the time to get to know us prior to our big day and even came to meet with us when we arrived in Mexico. We felt so comfortable with them and we fell in love with them right when we met them!

Unfortunately, we had rain at our wedding, literally the entire time. We had to make quite a few changes and Ches and Ber were flexible in working with us and adapting to the schedule shifts. They also assured us that our day would still be perfect!

After the wedding all of our guests were commenting how nice Ches and Ber were. Our guests couldn't believe how they were at every single event throughout the night. They kept telling us that they were all over the place! We can't wait to see the pictures!

Obviously the weather was a disappointment, but out of our control. Ches and Ber were so kind and felt for us that the weather did not cooperate. They stuck around the morning after our wedding to capture some photos of us on the beach since we were unable to take them the day before.

We are so excited to see our photos! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being apart of our special day and for putting us at ease with working with you!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Awww, thanks a billion!!! We too felt a strong connection with you two and are working hard on your amazing pics. We'll be in touch soon!!
    Sending huge hugs and much love your way :D

Lily · Married on 05/19/2015

I had a destination wedding and I was a little reluctant in hiring a photographer not knowing how reliable they would be. My sister found Quetzal photo and I am so happy she did. They were very friendly, flexible and professional. I enjoyed working with Ber and Ches very much. Most importantly the pictures turned out absolutely amazing.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion Lily!!! Loved telling the story of your day, so much love and beauty :D

Amanda · Married on 05/16/2015

Ches and her team were excellent! I did a Boudoir session with Ches when we arrived to our resort, it was my wedding gift to my husband. She was very professional and had the pictures edited and printed into a book for my husband that same week, she even gift wrapped it for me!

For our wedding day we chose to have her and her team for an eight hour session, she arrived with two other photographers. She photographed me and my bridesmaids while we were getting ready and her husband was photographing the groom and his groomsmen and the third photographer took pictures around the resort. Well worth the money to have all three of them for eight hours! They were able to get beautiful pictures of the entire wedding day from start to finish!

Ches provided some "sneak peek" pictures within two weeks of the wedding and we received the rest of the pictures within four weeks after the wedding.

We would highly recommend Quetzal Photography for any occasion!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion Amanda!!!
    Loved working with you two :D

Liz · Married on 05/09/2015

Working with Ches and her husband, Bernie with Quetzal Photo was the BEST decision we made for our destination wedding. My husband and I were married at the Playacar Palace in Playa del Carmen; and wanted more than what was offered with the default photography option at the resort. The biggest blessing we had was being connected to Quetzal Photo, as their services for the value was incredible. Not only were we able to have them by our sides during the bulk of our wedding day, but we also had a Trash The Dress session included in the package that they offered.
    Beyond the financial value proposition, Ches and Bernie produced the most incredible finished product. Both, our wedding and TTD photos, are absolutely breathtaking. They captured the essence of the event, the personalities, the emotions, and the party in a way that I have not seen previously. We had over 80 guests attend our wedding, with half our guests as Mexican citizens and the other half from the US. The mixing of cultures was something we wanted to incorporate into our wedding, and Quetzal was so wonderful to work with and were able to make each party very comfortable. Nearly everyone noted after the wedding that 'your photographers were incredible....they were everywhere....they literally captured everything."
    The level of professionalism is a 5 out of 5 without a doubt. They were always on time, prompt, and extremely thorough with both the communications months before the wedding as well as the on-site support. Ches and Bernie truly went out of their way to host us for the TTD sesssion a couple days after the wedding.
    We have photos to last a lifetime, and it was the BEST investment we made in the wedding by having Quetzal Photo as our photographers. We love the Riviera Maya area and will always connect with them to capture the moments throughout life (anniversaries, pregnancies, family, etc.) as time goes on.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

A million thank you's Liz!!! We LOVED capturing your story and love in the Mayan Riviera :) Wishing you both so many more years of happiness together
  • W

Whitney · Married on 02/14/2015

Ches and Bernie are amazing. I cannot begin to describe how truly happy I am to have chosen them as our photographers (not only for the wedding, but for boudoir and trash the dress shoots as well). They were the easiest part of planning my destination wedding–super communicative, easy to work with, on time for the shoots and on time with the photos (our guests loved them too). And holy cow, the photos are incredible. I have received so many compliments. I could just stare at them all day. They really did a great job of capturing everything about the wedding –the feeling, the resort, the guests, the love, the party– it's all there in the pictures. They are such a perfect reminder of my perfect weekend, and I am so grateful. If I have one regret it's that I didn't have them photograph the catamaran cruise we did the day before the wedding. They really are just the best. Thanks again Quetzal!!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Ches and her team were such delightful people to work with. Their positive energy is contagious and it contributed a lot to getting such wonderful pictures. They knew exactly how to get the best angles and the pictures turned out incredible. If I was ever in the need for a photographer in Cancun without a doubt I would work with them again. They are just completely amazing.

Sent on 03/23/2015
  • Y

Yan · Married on 01/24/2015

Really responsive, helpful, personable photographers. They're very creative and create beautiful, classic shots, and made me and all of our guests feel very comfortable. I would recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 03/08/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Yan , was a pleasure work with you, we love your wedding.