Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

Quetzal Wedding Photo 4
Quetzal Wedding Photo 5

Marisa C · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Engagement photos

I am so happy we chose Quetzal to do our engagement photo session. My fiancé and I had our hearts set on Isla Mujeres, and although it was a distance away from them, they were willing to fulfill our wishes. First we explored downtown Isla Mujeres, Punta Sur, and then finished our session on the beach so we could capture the beautiful sunset. They went above and beyond and we can’t thank them enough for our gorgeous pictures that we will cherish forever! Heather and Ches are not only wonderful photographers, but wonderful people! Their fun and care free nature made this experience one we will never forget!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 6
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 7
    Sent on 06/11/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

We loved taking this adventure with you to discover Isla Mujeres! We loved your vision and we were delighted to be a part of it with you! You are a super fun and loving couple and we wish you the best in the years to come!
  • Heidi

Heidi & Chanel · Getting married on 03/11/2020

I would give them 1000 stars if I could

Ches and Heather were so easy to be photographed by. Both my partner and I were incredibly comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. Neither of us was worried about how we looked or if the angles were flattering. We trusted them immediately. They were able to bring us into the magic of the cenotes and keep our attention on the sacred experience we were sharing. I had no idea we were walking into what would become a fairytale proposal that they had been working with my partner for months to plan. They executed this magical occasion with professionalism and precision, ultimately creating complete and total wonder for us as a couple. They made it their responsibility to not only capture each moment but to also capture the feelings of each moment so that we can preserve this blessing forever. They were thoughtful and mindful and present with us in a truly beautiful way. We will cherish our incredible photos and these memories with deep gratitude for Ches and Heather. They took part in making our dreams come to life and preserving them in stunning still photos that will live on eternally. Ches and Heather truly made our engagement the enchanting romantic surprise of a lifetime at Cenote El Buho.

Quetzal Wedding Photo 8
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 9
    Sent on 01/22/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WOW!! Thank you, Heidi!! You are the bees' knees!! We loved helping Chanel plan this for you. You are an amazing couple who deserve nothing but the best! We send you lots of love for years to come!

Erin · Married on 10/15/2019

Mrs Erin MCGerty

The best decision we made was choosing these guys they are beyond amazing! There work and the standard is the best you will ever get! Travelling from Scotland we had no idea where to begin but coming across our photographer was the easiest and best decision ever after looking at there work! They become a massive part of your day but feel like family! They are so professional and not once did me or my husband feel pressured about getting photos they are natural talent. Every single guest at our wedding made a point to say how amazing they were and our final photos are everything and more than we ever dreamed of we really can’t thank Chez and Heather enough for everything.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Erin, Thank you for this very kind and super sweet review. We loved being a part of your day. It was truly magical, from your entrance with a horse and carriage to the rainbow that Mother Nature gifted you. It was a delight to be your photographers!

Kirstynn Etienne · Married on 10/12/2019

Just Book Quetzal!

2 words: Book Quetzal!! Best decision I made for my wedding! Che’s and Heather answered all my questions, even ones that weren’t about photography. They made sure my day ran smoothly and captured my day perfectly!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 10
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 11
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 12
    Sent on 01/11/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review! We loved getting to know and party with you and Dylan.
    We hope to see you both again soon!

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Book them!

The Quetzal group was personable and gave excellent direction to help my husband and I feel at ease during our photo sessions. They made it clear to carry on as we normally would which made all the difference, when I look at our photos from Quetzal I see our group’s fun and love shine right through. They were able to capture the essence of the life and soul of our wedding. They made a point to inquire ahead of our wedding day and incorporate our sentimental pieces into our photos as well. They were quick and timely giving AMAZING sneak peeks of our magical day. They went above and beyond our expectations and were extremely flexible with a last minute request for our family. Finish reading this and go book Quetzal!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 13
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 20
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 21
    Sent on 10/04/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

YAY!! What a sweet review! And you are our 100th REVIEW! We wouldn't have wanted it any other way! You are the bee's knees and we love you both! Can't wait to see what's in store for your amazing family! Please come back and visit soon!
  • Julia

Julia Krebs · Married on 08/23/2019

Absolutely the BEST!!

Ches and her team were recommended to us by our friend and we are still talking about her service today and how happy we are with the choice to contact her for our wedding! Communicating with her in advance was super easy and she made sure that she understood our vision. We had only our immediate family and closest friends attending and wanted a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Ches and Heather found the perfect balance for couple photos and time for us to enjoy the day with our guests! We received the Sneak Peak photos a few days after the wedding and are now excited to see the full set of photos on their website .... we cannot wait! Thank you so much!!! Julia & Julio

Quetzal Wedding Photo 22
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 23
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 24
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 25
    Sent on 09/29/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Julia, we are so grateful and honored to read your review! We fell in love with your families and we are so happy to have been a part of your very special day. We wish you both the very best in the years to come.
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/07/2019

Outstanding

I loved working with Ches and Heather. They are truly the best photographers I have seen thus far and I recommend them 100%. It felt like they were apart of my family and the pictures are proof they really captured our story.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Samantha! Your family is incredible! It was our pleasure to be a part of this magnificent milestone in your life!

Brenda · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing photographers!

Ches & Heather were phenomenal! Our wedding pictures came out amazing.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive feedback, Brenda! We hope to see you and Emilio very soon for another husband and wife session! Love you both!
  • Erica

Erica Quintero · Married on 07/01/2019

Highly Professional & Great Quality Work!

When planning a destination wedding, hiring vendors can be a bit challenging as you're basing your decision off of what you see online and possibly other people's reviews. I narrowed down Quetzal Wedding to one of my top 3 choices based off of their portfolio, other couple's wedding photos they shared in different "bride groups" I was in, and their reviews both in groups and on their website. When I initially reached out to them, Heather contacted me right away and scheduled a phone consultation which was different from any other vendor I contacted. When speaking to her, I was partly relieved that she spoke English well and that there'd be no language barrier. She gave me so many details about the process in terms of a suggested timeline, time of sunset for that particular date to ensure we got the sunset photos I wanted, etc - this put my mind at ease that they were truly professionals and knew exactly what to do/when to do it, etc. I hired them and they maintained communication all the way up to our wedding date. On our wedding date, they arrived on time and ready to work. Throughout the wedding, they did an extraordinary job and captured so many photos - I had no doubt we would have great memories thanks to their diligence in getting photos of EVERYTHING! They delivered the images to me by their estimated date they had told me and the photos were all great - It's nice to have them to look back at and remember that special day. Thank you Heather & Ches!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 26
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 27
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 28
    Sent on 11/08/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for this great review of your experience with Quetzal Wedding Photo. We loved capturing your family! You are such a happy and loving family! Give a hug to all your little ones for us! And we hope to see you in a family session very soon!

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2019

Next best decision after saying Yes to marrying my husband!

I cannot even being to put into words how amazing this duo truly is! They are photographers, they are family. From day one Quetzal was on it! They were super responsive to any and all questions. Most importantly leading up to the big day, they truly make it a priority to get to know you, your story and everything in between. Our wedding day went as smoothly and amazingly as it did because, you guessed it Quetzal was on the job! They knew the resort, the staff etc like the back of their hand. Who needs a onsite wedding planner! Please don’t think twice. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Vanessa, We love you and we are so grateful for your amazing review! We feel the same about you! It was a pleasure and an honor to be a part of such a lovely wedding day!

Christina Trinh · Married on 05/12/2019

Highly recommend Quetzal!

I would highly recommend the Quetzal team as they were very professional and helpful throughout my wedding planning process. My wedding photos turned out better than I could ever imagine!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Christina. We appreciate your kind words and positive feedback. It was a delight to be capture your wedding! Congratulations, again!

karla denisse salazar · Married on 05/02/2019

Nos encanto el trabajo de Quetzal Photo!!!

Estas chicas son maravillosas. Tanto en talento como en carisma y profesionalismo. Nosotros buscabamos fotos que capataran nuestras emociones y que tuvieran colores vividos y una excelente calidad. Obtuvimos todo esto y mas. Ellas nos aconsejaron como optimizar las horas de nuestra boda y fueron super flexibles a nuestras peticiones. Nos mandaron el “sneak peek” un par de dias despues de la boda y el resto de las fotos en dos meses. Nosotros seguimos enamorados de nuestras fotos, fueron mas de lo que imaginabamos. Realmente recomendamos Quetzal Photo para bodas o cualquier tipo de evento. Aparte de todo la van a pasar bien con su humor y energia.

Quetzal Wedding Photo 29
    Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Emma

Emma Takacs · Married on 04/22/2019

Amazingly Talented Photographers

As soon as I saw the amazing work Quetzal create, I knew they were the only team I wanted to photograph our wedding. It was 100% the best decision we made! Heather was in contact regularly before the wedding and was super helpful in the planning process, even when I had tonnes of questions she was always happy to help. By the time our wedding arrived it felt like we had friends attending instead, they were so much fun to have at our wedding! They are incredibly talented and passionate about their craft, thank you both for capturing such beautiful memories for us to cherish.

Quetzal Wedding Photo 41
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 42
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 43
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 44
    Sent on 09/02/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Emma, Thank you for your sweet and positive review. We had a great time capturing your wedding, The way that you and Ashley love each other is so sweet and pure, we couldn't have asked for more love! Thank you for your kind words and open minds during session time. We love you both, and hope to see you back for a family session soon!

Gracie · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Wedding Decision You’ll Ever Make

I have not spent a single second regretting the decision to book Quetzal Photo. Oh my goodness, what a team! Ches and Heather didn’t shoot our wedding because Jaime and I decided on a photographer late, but I am still so stinkin’ happy with our wedding photos (shot by Alvaro and Ana). We had a destination wedding because it was cheaper, and we avoided spending on decor, for cost savings reasons. As you can imagine, I was worried our bland decor would call for bland pictures, but wow does that Caribbean water speak!

Communication: I appreciated the quick responses. This is what the team does for a living.. they ARE experts, and they are there to capture the most special day of your lives.. I love this duo, I keep up with them on social media and I know they are genuinely great moms and photographers. My husband and I will without a doubt do more work with Ches and Heather in the future, obviously on a smaller scale..

Ugh, and their sneak peaks, woo, I definitely cried. They are true professionals. I got my full gallery sooner than promised (DURING PEAK SEASON). I couldn’t have been happier. Stop reading this review, and seriously give them a call, text or email.. weddings are hard, but this decision really isn’t.

My resort had a $500 vendor fee just to have your own vendor on the resort and STILL I wouldn’t do a thing different..... and that’s coming from the bride who was trying to have the most inexpensive wedding ever.

Thank you Ches and Heather for pouring so much love into your work. I know I’m not the only bride who appreciates this team more than they know.

Quetzal Wedding Photo 45
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 46
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 47
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 48
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 49
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 50
    Sent on 08/05/2019

WOW!! Gracie!
    Thank you for that RAVING REVIEW!! It means so much to us to hear that your wedding story succeeded your expectations! We are so happy with your wedding because you got to experience the majority of our team and each one of us LOVED being a part of Jaime and your journey!

Alvaro and Ana were both moved by reading your review and of course, Ches and I felt an instant connection with the first phone call! We hope to see you both again! Ches and I can't wait to make a couple session with you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Mary Jayne · Married on 04/06/2019

Great! Would / Will Hire Again!

They did a wonderful and professional job. Our friends and family really enjoyed having them there as well. I would definitely recommend. Our photos were stunning. We received them in an appropriate amount of time.

Quetzal Wedding Photo 51
    Sent on 09/30/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Mary Jayne! We are so glad that you love your photos! Your wedding was spectacular! We wish you the best in the years to come!
  • Kate

Kate Woyski · Married on 04/06/2019

Artistic, professional, responsive! Highly recommend!

We loved our family photo session while on vacation in Tulum! Ches and Heather were a delight to work with. They set all of us at ease, even my shy daughter (4 years at the time). We will treasure the photos forever and would absolutely hire them again!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 52
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 53
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 54
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 55
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 56
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 57
    Sent on 01/15/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We appreciate the kind review! Your family was lovely and we hope to see you back in the Riviera Maya very soon!
  • yas

yas · Married on 03/16/2019

Highly recommend them to anyone without reservation!

Ches, Heather, and Val were the crew that photographed our wedding. From the moment we met, they were already part of the wedding party! We enjoyed every minute, and they made the whole event fun and relaxed. They were very responsive to all our inquiries. Answered every question and was very detailed with please considers of what we absolutely loved to be captured. We also got our couple's shoot with them at a secluded beach area and they sent us beautiful sneak peeks just hours after! We received our finished products and we were amazed at how they captured every moment! All of our guests kept raving about how wonderful the photos came out. I recommend them without any reservations! They are very passionate about their craft and you can see the beauty in their work!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 58
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 63
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 64
    Sent on 07/16/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Yas, for the great feedback! We fell in love with you and Jet from the very beginning. We can't wait to see you back in Mexico for a family session!! Lots of love!

Brooke Leverone · Married on 03/15/2019

Fun! Easy! Beautiful!

The ladies at Quetzal were so much fun to work with! They made the day easy, light and playful. Even when we realized we were behind schedule, they kept me (the bride) calm and having fun. They worked hard with my wedding planner to make everything flow seamlessly! Heather and Chez were both so sweet and did such a great job capturing all our moments. The photos were stunning! I can't say enough about how great they came out! The creativity, the lighting effects, the quality and designs! Amazing!
    They are also extremely organized! It was really impressive how easy they made the whole process from the first moment I contacted them, to delivering the final photos.
    I can't say enough good things about working with Quetzal. Seriously, just hire them. They are the best!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 65
    Sent on 07/08/2019

Brooke,
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for this review! We loved being a part of your special day! You and Mike are really the bees' knees! Your wedding was the perfect mix of sweet, loving and fun! Your decoration and traditional Mexican style was impeccable! We can't wait to see you and Mike again, for another session and a lot more laughter! Thank you!

Nela · Married on 03/02/2019

Choose THE BEST for the most important Wedding Decision - Quetzal Photo!

First of all thank YOU a BILLION, GAZILLION, INFINITY times to the Quetzal Photo team- because without you, our day would not have been the same... You made it magical, by capturing our world, and bringing it to life.

As your biography says - you are all kind, creative, and dedicated photographers who bring out the best in each other and this shows in the interactions you have together; you don't just work together, but you are friends! Your care for each other and you pointed out details to make our day so special, and each detail can be seen PERFECTLY on photos you captured. Our friends and family ALL SAID that you made us look like a Magazine Wedding! Thank YOU for making us feel more special than we thought possible for our wedding day!

We had no idea that it would be possible to truly give us photos that we will cherish forever and beyond. Yet, even though you made each moment feel so natural and we loved being ourselves, somehow you managed to make us look so magical and dreamy in each picture!

Thank you, we have no words to describe how incredibly grateful we are that you were available to be our photographers on our wedding day! We will recommend you over and over again and when the opportunity arises we will be your clients again. Quetzal Photo is the BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS in the entire world, we truly have not found anyone else's wedding photos to be as rich, beautiful, dreamy and simply amazing as the photos you take!

We are beyond blessed that we experienced in person how you make this magic happen - thank you Quetzal Photo Magicians and Ninjas - you are so phenomenal and SUPER TALENTED!!!!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 66
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 78
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 79
    Sent on 05/31/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Marinela and Michael, Thank you SO much for the INCREDIBLE review you've left for us. We are honored to be held so high in your hearts. We loved your wedding, felt at home with your families, and were able to capture so much magic because of the energy you brought to Mexico with you. It was our pleasure and honor to be a part of one of your most special days! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • F

Fabiola Murillo · Married on 03/02/2019

Excellent!!!

Our experience with Quetzal Wedding was amazing!! They captured the best moments of our wedding! They were so nice to us and their work is incredible!!!

Quetzal Wedding Photo 80
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 81
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 82
    Sent on 06/11/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Fabiola! We loved being a part of your day! We are so happy that you are content and we wish you the best in the years to come!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 02/16/2019

Ahhh-mazing!

WOW! Heather and Ches blew our minds away with our wedding photos!

My husband and I got are from the US and had a destination wedding in Mexico in February 2019. Before the wedding, we spent hours and hours searching on Wedding Wire for the perfect photographer to shoot our wedding. It was difficult because we didn't know anyone in Mexico to refer us to anyone. We were looking for a particular style. So when I came across Quetzal Wedding Photography, I instantly knew that I wanted Ches and Heather to capture our wedding day.

The process was easy. We sent a request to Quetzal to confirm their availability to photograph our wedding day. Luckliy, they were available. :) Once we confirmed their availability, we setup a welcome call to discuss what we were looking for, the amount of time we were looking for, and to go over pricing. Once we discussed all of the details and agreed, Heather and Ches sent over a contract for us to sign and to pay a deposit to secure our day. We wanted videography also - so they recommended Mike Cantarell, who they have experience working with. (See Review on Mike Cantarell as well) From there, Heather and Ches let us know if we had any questions or ideas to send them over. From the time we booked our photographers to the wedding day, we only had one thing come up that we wanted to discuss with them. I sent Heather and Ches an email and they replied the same day. We hopped on a call to discuss and they were extremely helpful. About 4 weeks before the wedding Heather and Ches sent out a questionnaire to confirm the details of our wedding and who we wanted photographed, etc. About 2 weeks before the wedding they sent out another questionnaire. Finally, the week of the wedding they sent out some helpful tips to help them capture our wedding day and helped put our mind at ease that we were in good hands.

The day of the wedding, Heather and Ches and Mike Cantarell arrived at our wedding location (Azul Fives) on time and ready for action. They captured our wedding day with such grace and ease. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests that our photographers and videographers were extremely professional and that they knew what they were doing. I was completely at ease knowing that we were in good hands. The day/night went by so fast and we were so happy with Quetzal.

After the wedding, Heather and Ches provided clear expectations as to when we could expect our wedding photographs. The timeframe to receive our pictures was about 2 1/2 months however, Heather and Ches provided us with sneak peeks about 2 weeks after the wedding so that we could share them with our friends and family.

When we received our wedding pictures back - I was BLOWN AWAY!! They were the most gorgeous pictures I had ever seen! They captured our wedding day so perfectly and we could not be more THANKFUL!

I am soo happy that we found Heather & Ches and I highly RECOMMEND them for your wedding.

P.S. Heather & Ches are so great and know the wedding business in Mexico extremely well - that they saved us a vendor fee of $800 by coming onsite to our resort with Mike Cantarell Films as one vendor. This was so great and put $800 back in our pocket.

Thank you Heather & Ches!!!

Wedding Details:

Quetzal Wedding Photo 86
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 87
    Sent on 05/28/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WHOA, Brittany & Derenik! Your review blew OUR minds! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into the review! We are very grateful that you were/are willing to share your wedding experience with others! We had a great connection from the beginning and it continued past the wedding day, even until now! Thank you for confiding in our services and for praising what we did well. You used so much detail...How could you remember all that? ahahahaha.

We wish you both the very best in your marriage and in the years to come. We will never forget you and we hope to see you back "south of the border" for a vacation or family session very soon!
    Lots of love from Quetzal Wedding Photo!
  • Brooke

Brooke Gruttadauria · Married on 02/14/2019

Wedding Dream Come True

I found Quetzal Photo through Instagram and knew the moment I saw their work I had to have them! They were the first decision of my wedding planning and also the easiest. They are friendly to work with and give great advice. By time the wedding came I felt like we were already friends/family. Then came the photos THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. They are photos we will treasure for ever. My only regret is not booking them for longer.

Quetzal Wedding Photo 88
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 89
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 90
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 91
    Sent on 05/24/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Brooke, We fell in love with you and Matt since the first conversation! You are both so fun, loving, and laidback, we knew it would be a perfect fit! We thank you for your kind and warm words regarding our service, and we wish you and Matt the VERY BEST to come! Come back soon!

Priscilla · Married on 01/25/2019

Colourful, creative and the best!

Professionally, creatively and passionately! These describe quetzal best. What a pleasure to work with, and enjoy the most amazing memories with these ladies from moody black and whites to colourful and playful celebrations. We are forever grateful for their amazing capture and work of our unforgettable wedding day in paradise!
    Thank you!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Priscilla, Thank you for your sweet words! We enjoyed getting to know you over the planning portion of your wedding day all the way up to game time! You and James were a pleasure to be around, and we were happy to be a part of your day! Next time you are in the Riviera Maya, let's hit up Tulum together!!
  • Whitney

Whitney Jennings · Married on 01/15/2019

Absolutely brilliant

Ches & Heather from start to finish was brilliant, from advice to the AMAZING photography, Me and James are over the moon with all of our album! And everyone is still talking about our photos now! Highly recommendable

Quetzal Wedding Photo 92
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 99
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 100
    Sent on 06/08/2019

Whitney and James,

Thank you for the review and your positive feedback! Your wedding was truly magical, entertaining, and full of love! We will NEVER forget that sunset! Wishing you the best in the years to come!
  • Asteka

Asteka Mulugeta · Married on 01/08/2019

Exceptional photographers

Absolutely loved our photographers! They took all of the pictures we had wanted to get and came with many of their own ideas that captured all the special moments! They were fun, friendly and very professional to work with and we are very happy with the results!

The photos came out beautifully and in a very timely manner. It was so important to us to have perfect photos of our wedding that we could cherish the rest of our lives, and Quetzal Wedding Photo delivered.

We highly recommend this duo.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Asteka,
    Thank you for this positive review. We loved being a part of your special day. It was a joy to live the traditions of your culture and experience all the love between you and G. We couldn't have asked for a better day or a more enjoyable experience! Thank you from the bottom off our hearts!