Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Jonathan
    Jonathan W. Getting married on 07/12/2022

Outstanding

Ches and Heather are the photography Dream Team!! They knew I was from out of town and they worked relentlessly to make our day special. Human, kind, fair and just great people!!

Jonathan,
    Thank you for your sweet review! The Dream Team...we LOVE it! We wish you all the love and happiness in the world! We can't wait for your wedding!
    Dustin J. Married on 05/04/2022

The most amazing experience!

The team was so hard working and compassionate about making my surprise engagement be as special as I wanted it to be! They helped me create the perfect engagement and were so caring and flexible!
    I am forever in debt to these beautiful souls! They were my photographers and are now a special part of our family! -Much love from Dustin&Jordan

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for this awesome review, Dustin and Jordan! We loved being a part of your milestone! We can't wait to see your wedding unfold! Lots of love!
  • Julia
    Julia S. Married on 04/12/2022

There are not enough words for amazing!

Quetzal was the best decision we made for our day. I knew right away that they were the team for us! Genuine, super talented, super dope energy. You will not regret hiring them! From my initial first message, to the many messages during Covid..while other 2020 brides changed their plans, we persisted. I knew that it wouldn’t be the same without them to capture it.
    My wife and I had the best experience because of the then and I swear the whole experience for both our ceremonies could not have been any more prefect. I would fly them back to Canada in a heartbeat for my reception this summer if I could. That’s how special they are to us and beyond better than I could have imagined. Love love love!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Julia, we thank you for this amazing review, and just so you know, we felt the EXACT same way about you two! The universe brought us together, and nothing will separate the soul connection that we have. You two are the bomb, and we will be friends forever!
    Nicole Married on 04/02/2022

Seamless and Incredible Experience

Having a destination wedding can be nerve racking, but having this incredible, experienced team made everything seamless and easy! These two powerhouse women took the time to meet with us ahead of time at our resort and did an incredible job of making our wedding dreams come true! All of our guests remarked how professional and great they were and the pictures were delivered in a timely fashion and turned out better than we could have imagined! If you are getting married in Cancun, you NEED to hire this amazing team! You will not regret it!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the great review, Nicole. It was a pleasure to be a part of your celebration. Since the moment we met, we knew that it was the perfect fit...Just like you and Isaac! We can't wait to see you grow and enjoy married life for many, many years!
  • Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 02/11/2022

Amazing Photos, Perfectly Professional, Creative and Fun

I can't begin to say enough great things about Quetzal Photography! They made us feel at ease, they were beyond professional, kind, and accommodating. We got out-of-the-box shots and our quests felt so comfortable with them- like they were family and boy, did it show in our pictures! They captured not only the best in us but in our friends and family as well. They were not intrusive and are just amazing human beings with crazy love for what they do. We were so impressed and we cherish our photos and memories of that day in large part thanks to Heather and Ches!

Lauren,
    Thank you for such a sweet and kind review. It's a direct reflection of your amazing personality! We loved being a part of your wedding day! We wish you years of happiness!
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne D. Married on 01/20/2022

Best of the Best!!

These two ladies are beyond talented and helped make our day amazing! I felt like they kept things organized and fun! Our guests all commented on how exceptional the photographers were!! Heather also helped me so much in the process of the wedding planning. She went above and beyond! I hope I can connect with them again for more pictures at some point in our life! Of all the hiring and planning I did they were by far my favourite pick!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Ah, that is so sweet of you to say in the review, Suzanne. It was our pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. You are kind people and your friends and family were delightful!
    Jeannie M. Married on 12/04/2021

Great experience

They were very good. Very helpful. I highly recommend them to other couples looking to hire an outside vendor for their destination wedding in Mexico.

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the review, Jeannie! It was awesome getting to know you and your loved ones. We wish you the best years ever!
    Laurie Married on 11/12/2021

Enjoyable, pleasant, easy, fun

Working with Ches and Heather for our wedding was the best decision we made. From the start, they were so warm and welcoming and as excited for our wedding as we were. They were so enjoyable and fun to be around and on top of that, our photos turned out amazing. We can't stop looking at them and reliving our favorite night. Thank you Quetzal/ Ches and Heather!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for this awesome review, Laurie! Your wedding was a blast! So many laughs and so much love!
    Holly A. Married on 11/06/2021

Above & Beyond Wedding Photos from Quetzal!

My wife and I interviewed over 10 different photographers and we landed on Quetzal and we're so happy we did! They have excellent communication leading up to the event, which gave us a lot of confidence. During the event, they are super friendly, fun, high energy which is contagious. Our guests and ourselves were completely at ease so the pictures turned out so natural, not forced. We got sneak peek images within a couple of days, which was so exciting! When we got the final edits, we were blown away. SOOOO GOOD!!! We can't stop looking at them!

We couldn't be more happy with Quetzal photography, highly recommend!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Holly and Thomas! Your wedding was a blast! We had such a fun time capturing you two! We hope to cross paths with you again very soon. Lots of love.
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 10/05/2021

Made us feel like family❤️

I expected a very business type of feel when dealing with a photographer but they were beyond personable. They got to know us and our family and felt like part of our group! We had the best time and got amazing photos all at once. I would recommend them 100% and then some🥰

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive review, Heather. It was a blast getting to know you and your favorite people! We wish you many happy years together!
  • Jodi
    Jodi C. Married on 08/21/2021

Best photographers ever

Ches and Heather are the absolute best! They go completely above and beyond for their clients. They did our engagement and wedding photos and they were all beautiful. I would absolutely recommend them and would hire them again in a second!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive review, Jodi! Your wedding was a blast and we wish you and Joe the best life EVER! Keep raging!
    Mckenna Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing Photographers!!

Wow!! Working with Quetzal was an incredible experience. Heather and Ches are so talented. They knew exactly what they were doing and kept me on schedule better than my wedding coordinator. They were nice, patient, and so passionate about what they do. They also really help guide you on posing if you aren’t comfortable in front of the camera. The pictures turned out even better then we could have imagined and it was for a very affordable price. You will not regret going with this company for your wedding or event. They will make sure your pictures are unforgettable!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Mckenna, Thank you for your kind and review. We feel the same about you! We were blessed to be a part of your day, and we wish you so much happiness for many years to come!
  • Olivia
    Olivia C. Married on 08/01/2021

Quetzal Photo: The Best Wedding-Related Decision We Made!

Our experience with Quetzal was superb from the get go--during the planning process, they really took the time to get to know us as a couple and what we imagined for our day. When it came to the big day, they FAR exceeded our expectations! They had taken the time to scope out our resort (Paradisus Playa del Carmen) and knew all the right places to take us for first look, portraits, nighttime photos, etc. Heather, Ches, and Cari were SO fun and personable, all of the smiles and laughs in our photos were completely genuine because they were so hilarious! They fit right in with our group and were breaking it down on the dance floor--my sister in law even mused about flying them to the states for her wedding this summer because everyone loved the so much! They made our day absolutely perfect and the quality of the photos was absolutely stunning. They truly are masters of their trade. Hiring them will be the best decision you will ever make!!

Olivia,

Thank you for a great review! You're family and friends were a blast, and it was a blessing for us to be there for you on your most important day! We love you and we can't wait to see you on this side of the border again! Hugs and love to you!
    Alva Married on 07/23/2021

Heather and Ches were amazing!

Heather was great to work with during the planning process. She and Ches work really hard and LOVE what they were doing! We had an amazing family session before the wedding and beautiful wedding day. All photos came out really lovely, we love all of it! Thank you Heather and Ches!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive review! We had a great time with your family and friends. You are such a fun and funny couple! It was great to share so many laughs with you all!
    Megan M. Married on 07/17/2021

Absolutely amazing!

We absolutely loved Quetzal Photography! They were such a great company to work with! They made everyone around them feel so comfortable- we received so compliments from our guests about them! They were very proficient, knowledgeable on what photos to take and where to take them and just overall awesome people to work with! Our photos turned out so beautiful! We are so happy we chose them to capture our special day and I will always recommend them over and over again!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive review, Megan! We are so happy that you love your photos! It was a blessing to spend the day with you and your loved ones. We can't wait to see you again!
  • Bianca
    Bianca E. Married on 07/03/2021

Dreams Tulum Wedding

The most amazing photographers ever! From the first phone call, Ches was so reassuring and on top of everything! They captured so many amazing moments and got so many unique shots from our location in Tulum. I would recommend them to anyone!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Bianca! We are happy that you loved your wedding photos! You and Colin are Rockstars for handling the heat with such a positive attitude! We loved being there for your day!
    Lindsay Married on 06/21/2021

WOW! 10/10 would recommend

Ches and Heather are incredible photographers, and more importantly they are incredible people. I worked with them for weeks to create the perfect engagement for my partner in a beautiful cenote in Tulum. They thought of every detail and helped me with everything: florist, food, photos, transportation, reserving the cenote, I mean you name it they thought of it! It is so evident the personal time, care, and love they put into their clients and in making their day as beautiful, special, and memorable as possible. During the session they made my partner and I feel so relaxed and comfortable and their positive energy made our happy moment an amazing experience that neither of us will forget. They had already completed our gallery of photos within 24-48 hours of our proposal session and the pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous! They gave us an amazing gift with their work and I am forever grateful to these amazing people. Now our only issue is figuring out how to narrow down all of the beautiful images to put in frames :)

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

YAY!!! 10 star review!! We love it. But what we love more, is the experience we were able to share with you two kindred spirits. You are two stars that shine bright in the eternal skies, and we will never forget you either. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    Melissa C. Married on 06/05/2021

Will not regret hiring the best- simply amazing in every way possible

I reached out to Heather months before my wedding- and the chemistry was out of the ballpark. We knew we had to have them at our wedding- their vibe was just something that attracted happiness. Communication was amazing, from start to finish- never had any worries about how the weekend was going to go. We had an extremely customized packaged and was blessed to be with Heather and Ches for 4 days covering four different events. My family fell in love with them from the start. They were nothing short of amazing. Friendly, professional, eye to detail and just saw visions of backdrops and combinations that i would never have thought of. Their teamwork together really just blew me away- the beauty that they create together is breathtaking. They formed relationships with everyone which really made their work even better in my opinion. I never felt more comfortable in front of a camera because THEY made it so easy. Throughout the whole planning process, they gave tips and advice that really made some of the photos even better. I literally cannot say enough amazing things about them, they are the reason we will be coming back next year and using them again! They were punctual to every event, they didn’t exclude anyone, and it was nice when we did the catamaran, they offered to walk with us at Isla Mujeres because they are familiar with that area. They were worth every penny and then some. They were also very helpful with a timeframe of how the wedding photos would be, and then even more accommodating when we had to adjust because it was actually too hot for family portraits on the beach and we had to relocate and come up with another game plan. Prior to our wedding about a week or two, they actually sent 3 questionnaires asking for information about us, about the wedding, and what photos we wanted to have captured. This help set the way for the day of and getting through the photos quickly, especially because we were late. Again, i would recommend Quetzal Photography a million times over, i cannot stress how much not just me but everyone in my family was just blown away by their talent, personality and what they were able to accomplish. Everyone was talking about how amazing their shots and eye for details were. We got our photos back well before we expected them, and loved every single one of them. The photos just captured not just memories but the energies and creativities that I would never in a million years be able to have gotten. I could never thank them enough for helping me capture such an important time in my life. They were everything you want in a photographer and then some. Thank you again.

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Oh! My! Melissa, what a great review. You spent so much time and put so much thought into it! We appreciate you greatly! We fell in love with your family, and CAN'T WAIT to cross paths with you again! We KNOW it will happen! Lots of love to you and Mike!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 05/28/2021

Phenomenal and Extraordinary Photographers!

These two ladies were one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We hired Quetzal based on a recommendation from our wedding planner for our engagement session and wedding. They always respond quickly to any question or concerns via email no matter how busy their is schedule. Upon first meeting them, Ches and Heather were welcoming and guided us on what to do and how to pose for the most natural pictures. We were nervous at first since we're not photogenic, but once we got our photos(which we got sneakpeak photos only a few days after our session!), we looked absolutely amazing, natural and most importantly, happy. The photos came out so beautifully that some of my family vacationed in Cancun and they booked a family session with Quetzal(those photos were also beyond beautifully!).

On our wedding day, I was running really behind with hair and makeup, but even still, Ches did her best to capture as many getting ready moments as she could with what time we had left before the ceremony. During the ceremony, they were quiet and quick about taking pictures, we barely even noticed them! Afterwards, they made quick timing getting pictures with our friends and families before moving onto our solo pictures. We were losing daylight and quickly, so Ches and Heather ran around with us all over the resort taking pictures, helping hold my dress over wet puddles, and took the most amazing sunset pictures!!!!! And as we danced the night away, they captured all of our guests having an amazing time.

Everything considered, this team made our dreams come true and helped preserve the memory of our wedding day like no other. I can't praise them enough. I highly recommend them to anyone considering Quetzal photography for any of their special occasions.

Jennifer,
    Thank you SO much for that beautiful and detailed review! We loved meeting you and Spencer and both of your entire families. We know we will be lifelong friends! We can't wait to cross paths again!
    Rikki Married on 04/28/2021

Engagement photos in Cancun - LOVED THEM!

We had our engagement photos done in Cancun. We absolutely love the way our photos came out! This was my fiance and I's first time to get photos done, so we didn't know what to expect. We have so much variety in the photos that they captured! Ches and Heather were so professional and did everything they could to provide us with exactly what we wanted! Would highly recommend!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review, Rikki! We had a great time touring the Riviera Maya with you! We can't wait to meet up again!
    Sergio T. Married on 03/05/2021

Above and Beyond

Working with Chez and Heather was the best experience! Made everything super easy and totally relaxed. They are truly passionate about their work. Their photos are nothing less than amazing! Thank you!!!

Sergio,
    Thank you so much for the positive review. We loved working with you and Lluvia! You are incredible people and it was a pleasure to be a part of your experience!
    Kirby W. Married on 12/22/2020

Dreamy and classic ✨

From the moment we reached out to Quetzal Wedding Photo, we felt completely at ease. They helped us plan the schedule for our wedding day in order to make the most of the Golden Hour, and it was totally worth it! The photos of our wedding ceremony in the chapel at Hotel Xcaret were so dreamy and classic. They were super professional and easy to work with, especially when we had to postpone due to COVID. Ches & Heather are the best and I cannot recommend them enough. The whole process was smooth and we felt extremely relaxed in front of the camera. They perfectly captured all the love from our special day. Thank you Quetzal for your amazing work!

Kirby,

Thank you for the sweet and positive review. Your family and friends were amazing, and it was a truly blessing to get to know all of you! We wish you many years of happiness!
  • Karen
    Karen C. Married on 10/23/2020

Most amazing Duo Photographers in Mexico

Corona bride here -
    When I first started looking for photographers in Mexico, I had came across Quetzal’s work. I loved their style and at first it was more then I thought I wanted to spend money wise. Obviously, I was within a budget but photography was very important to me. I also knew that I needed fun and laid back photographers as my husband would definitely need this. He is not a photo lover like most men. I had a phone conversation with Heather and I immediately knew I was going to sign my contract. We were like instant BFF’s and Queztal’s vision and passion is just what I was looking for. They helped with so many other things as well and never hesitated from helping with my timeline to helping with other vendors, coordinating with coordinators at the resort , keeping me up to date on all the Covid-19 measures and so much more. They are not there to take your money and see you on your wedding day. More importantly they build a relationship with you and get to know you personally. Which I feel like Is a very important feature !!
    Heather and Ches are just the sweetest ladies and I couldn’t imagine my day without them. The attention to detail is incredible. I will also mention how important it is to have to photographers as every moment was caught between my husband and I during the ceremony. They each have a job to focus on one individual. I got sneak peeks immediately and shockingly I got all my photos (800) of them in two weeks. 😍. They go with thr flow and when it started to rain they got some awesome rain shots.
    They are passionate about what they do and their work proves that. I booked their stay at my resort as my vendor fee was quite high. The night of my rehearsal, they surprised me and was there ! They even took photos that they didn’t have to do.
    Do not hesitate and book them today !!!!!

Karen,
    It was a true pleasure getting to know you over the past two years! Yes, it's been two years already! hahahha. We loved being a part of your day, and we can't wait to watch your family continue to celebrate life and love, as you do so easily! We love you!
  • Meghan
    Meghan O. Married on 10/18/2020

Queztal is the BEST!

We were married on 10/18/20 at the Finest Playa Mujeres and we booked Queztal to capture our special day. Best decision!!! I just cannot say enough about this team of photographers (and videographer). Heather, Ches, Kari, Mireia were nothing short of AMAZING. From the moment we met them, they felt like friends!! So friendly and so personable! I personally dislike getting my pictures taken but they have this way of making you feel just so at ease, so comfortable. They provided such great, clear direction and suggestions, and they had such creative ideas for pictures and poses. It’s very obvious they are absolute PROs at this! And you can tell they truly LOVE what they do. It's clear this is not just a job or a gig to them, this is their passion! Better yet - not even a full 2 days after our wedding, we had “sneak peeks”!!! And they were honestly the best, most beautiful pictures. I was blown away! I was just so impressed with everything from start to finish. All my family and friends raved at how great Queztal was too, how friendly, how amazing, how professional they were, how beautiful the pics were. We 10/10 recommend this team to all the future brides, couples, families. We love you Queztal! You rock!

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Meghan!!! Meghan!!! Meghan!!! We love you too! Your family and friends were amazing, and the love between you and Cory is palpable beyond every sense of the word! We can't wait to watch your family grow! Congratulations, and thank you for the RAVE review!