Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

115 | Cancun, MX

115 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

Marisa C · Married on 06/05/2020

Engagement photos

I am so happy we chose Quetzal to do our engagement photo session. My fiancé and I had our hearts set on Isla Mujeres, and although it was a distance away from them, they were willing to fulfill our wishes. First we explored downtown Isla Mujeres, Punta Sur, and then finished our session on the beach so we could capture the beautiful sunset. They went above and beyond and we can’t thank them enough for our gorgeous pictures that we will cherish forever! Heather and Ches are not only wonderful photographers, but wonderful people! Their fun and care free nature made this experience one we will never forget!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

We loved taking this adventure with you to discover Isla Mujeres! We loved your vision and we were delighted to be a part of it with you! You are a super fun and loving couple and we wish you the best in the years to come!

Tricia Buehne · Married on 06/03/2020

Couldn't be happier with our selection of Quetzal as our wedding photographers.

Quetzal (Ches, Heather, and Kari) was amazing! Communication was easy, professional, yet personal from the moment we booked them. During our wedding, Ches, Heather, and Kari were fun and friendly, it was like they were our friends at the wedding. A variety of backgrounds, colors, and poses were taken for our wedding photos. When we received our sneak peeks, and then the photos, we were extremely happy with the results. It's difficult sorting through the photos for our wedding album!

Sent on 05/29/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Tricia! We had a great time with you and your families! Thank you for the kind words, positive review, and great memories!
  • Heidi

Heidi & Chanel · Married on 03/11/2020

I would give them 1000 stars if I could

Ches and Heather were so easy to be photographed by. Both my partner and I were incredibly comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. Neither of us was worried about how we looked or if the angles were flattering. We trusted them immediately. They were able to bring us into the magic of the cenotes and keep our attention on the sacred experience we were sharing. I had no idea we were walking into what would become a fairytale proposal that they had been working with my partner for months to plan. They executed this magical occasion with professionalism and precision, ultimately creating complete and total wonder for us as a couple. They made it their responsibility to not only capture each moment but to also capture the feelings of each moment so that we can preserve this blessing forever. They were thoughtful and mindful and present with us in a truly beautiful way. We will cherish our incredible photos and these memories with deep gratitude for Ches and Heather. They took part in making our dreams come to life and preserving them in stunning still photos that will live on eternally. Ches and Heather truly made our engagement the enchanting romantic surprise of a lifetime at Cenote El Buho.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WOW!! Thank you, Heidi!! You are the bees' knees!! We loved helping Chanel plan this for you. You are an amazing couple who deserve nothing but the best! We send you lots of love for years to come!

Ekaterina Chernyavskaya · Married on 02/22/2020

Excellent service

My husband and I hired Quetzal team for photography and videography for our special day in Cancun. We are beyond happy with the pictures and videos that we received. They are pleasant to work with💕💕💕 Strongly suggest such talented group of people🎥🎬📸

Sent on 05/26/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Ekaterina! We loved being a part of your day, learning your traditions, and capturing the way you brought both your cultures and personalities to RAGE the Hard Rock Cancun! Best of marriage, and lots of happiness to you and Chase!

Jessica · Married on 12/06/2019

Amazing wedding day photography team

Chez and Heather were kind, considerate and creative. They have the ability to quickly get to know their couples so they can make each session personalized and special.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Jessica,
    Thank you for your feedback and positive review. We really enjoyed working with you, and we hope to see your family again in the future!

Rochelle Juen · Married on 11/29/2019

Extremely happy with the overall service

Quetzal has been one of the best decision I made from the beginning process of preparation to the day of the wedding and after. I can't thank this amazing womens enough! Even my guest commented on how professional they were and they didn't even notice them during the ceremony and reception. If your looking for talented, down to earth, organize and knows how to take amazing photos, I highly recommend Quetzal.

Sent on 03/12/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your kind and warm review, Rochelle! We loved being a part of your day! Your friends and family were incredible! We hope to see you again soon!
  • Jessica

Jessica Barszcz · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing photos and photography team!

The Quetzal Wedding Photo team was absolutely amazing from start to finish and I would very highly recommend their photography services for your wedding or other special events in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area! My husband and I had an incredible destination wedding at Secrets Maroma Beach Resort in November of 2019. We began the planning process about 18 months in advance and after deciding on our venue, finding the right photographer was very important to us. I came across Quetzal Photo on Instagram and after viewing their work on social media and also their online portfolio, I was extremely impressed. I contacted them via their website and received an e-mail response within 48 hours. The message provided confirmation of their availability for our wedding date, detailed information on the wedding packages & pricing offered, a link to a photo gallery highlighting their experience at our specific venue and lastly suggested that we set up a phone meeting to discuss our wedding day in more detail, answer any questions and get to know one another so that we could make the most informed decision when comparing our vendor options.

Quetzal’s style of work and broad experience captivated us right away and we felt a great connection in terms of personality after speaking with Heather on the phone. She was extremely knowledgeable, organized and overall just has a positive, fun vibe! The contract was straight forward and easy to understand. We did book roughly 1 year in advance of our wedding date, as November – March is prime wedding season in Cancun. I was impressed with the timely communication and follow-up even during the busy wedding season. Throughout the entire planning process, I felt that the Quetzal team tried to make our day as special and stress-free as possible and wanted to get to know to us and our story as a couple.

In addition to experience, style and personality, cost was also a factor in our decision for a photographer. After exploring several local photographers in addition to the Resort’s preferred vendors, we found their package pricing to be very fair and consistent with other photographers in the area. In addition, they are very willing to negotiate packages, understanding that each couple is unique in terms of what they imagine for their wedding day. We determined that Quetzal was without a doubt who we wanted to work with and could not have been happier with this decision!

As the wedding day got closer, we had more frequent communications around logistics and I appreciated the fact that the team sent me all the details I needed for the wedding day in advance which included an itinerary for the entire day, when they would arrive on site, what they needed to be able to access the resort for the day and tips to destress, keep it fun and natural if you aren’t comfortable in front of the camera!

On the wedding day, the Quetzal team arrived on site promptly and worked with all the curveballs we had thrown our way. We had so much fun while they took photos of the bride and groom getting ready with our friends and family members and made us feel so comfortable throughout all the photo shoots of the day. We were planning for a first look and the couples portraits to be done before the beach ceremony and as we were getting ready to head outside to do this -it began to downpour. The Quetzal team was not phased one bit by this and made the best of the time by capturing some additional photos in the room and keeping the bride in good spirits until the rain stopped. Once the rain stopped, Quetzal was on top of their game! They got our first look and couple’s portraits done working with a very short window of time before the ceremony. Following the ceremony, they were also very conscientious of the time we had before sunset to finish our photos on the beach. All the pictures turned out beautifully!!

Final notes/Considerations:
    • Quetzal provides an online album with all your photos which are organized into categories such as getting ready, ceremony, reception, etc. You can easily share with friends and family members with a guest access code. This was great for my family that was unable to travel to the wedding. You can also download the entire album to your personal files.
    • The turnaround time was faster than expected, we were sent a “sneek peek” album within 2 weeks of the wedding and then we had the full photo album available within a month.
    • In addition they are constantly tagging us on social media with fun memories from the wedding which I love!
    • When we worked with them, they did not have video services only photography.
    • Being local to the area, they work with tons of wedding vendors and can offer suggestions for other services like food/flowers/hair if you need.
    • Next to the venue, our photographer was one of the most important factors when planning our wedding and we spent a lot of time exploring different vendors and based our decision on: Experience, style of photography, work ethic, personality, reviews from other couples and cost.

Quetzal went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding photography and we had so much fun working with them! Their work is amazing and their team is an incredible group of people, I would highly recommend them for photography services for your wedding or other special events in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area!

Sent on 04/18/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WOW! WOW! WOW! Jessica, you blew us away with your amazing review! Thank you for your careful consideration and attention to detail in this extensive review! I may even use some of your sentences when speaking with future brides! We are forever friends and can't wait to see you and Josh again! We wish you the best marriage ever!

Erin · Married on 10/15/2019

Mrs Erin MCGerty

The best decision we made was choosing these guys they are beyond amazing! There work and the standard is the best you will ever get! Travelling from Scotland we had no idea where to begin but coming across our photographer was the easiest and best decision ever after looking at there work! They become a massive part of your day but feel like family! They are so professional and not once did me or my husband feel pressured about getting photos they are natural talent. Every single guest at our wedding made a point to say how amazing they were and our final photos are everything and more than we ever dreamed of we really can’t thank Chez and Heather enough for everything.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Erin, Thank you for this very kind and super sweet review. We loved being a part of your day. It was truly magical, from your entrance with a horse and carriage to the rainbow that Mother Nature gifted you. It was a delight to be your photographers!

Kirstynn Etienne · Married on 10/12/2019

Just Book Quetzal!

2 words: Book Quetzal!! Best decision I made for my wedding! Che’s and Heather answered all my questions, even ones that weren’t about photography. They made sure my day ran smoothly and captured my day perfectly!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review! We loved getting to know and party with you and Dylan.
    We hope to see you both again soon!

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Book them!

The Quetzal group was personable and gave excellent direction to help my husband and I feel at ease during our photo sessions. They made it clear to carry on as we normally would which made all the difference, when I look at our photos from Quetzal I see our group’s fun and love shine right through. They were able to capture the essence of the life and soul of our wedding. They made a point to inquire ahead of our wedding day and incorporate our sentimental pieces into our photos as well. They were quick and timely giving AMAZING sneak peeks of our magical day. They went above and beyond our expectations and were extremely flexible with a last minute request for our family. Finish reading this and go book Quetzal!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

YAY!! What a sweet review! And you are our 100th REVIEW! We wouldn't have wanted it any other way! You are the bee's knees and we love you both! Can't wait to see what's in store for your amazing family! Please come back and visit soon!
  • Julia

Julia Krebs · Married on 08/23/2019

Absolutely the BEST!!

Ches and her team were recommended to us by our friend and we are still talking about her service today and how happy we are with the choice to contact her for our wedding! Communicating with her in advance was super easy and she made sure that she understood our vision. We had only our immediate family and closest friends attending and wanted a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Ches and Heather found the perfect balance for couple photos and time for us to enjoy the day with our guests! We received the Sneak Peak photos a few days after the wedding and are now excited to see the full set of photos on their website .... we cannot wait! Thank you so much!!! Julia & Julio

Sent on 09/29/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Julia, we are so grateful and honored to read your review! We fell in love with your families and we are so happy to have been a part of your very special day. We wish you both the very best in the years to come.
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/07/2019

Outstanding

I loved working with Ches and Heather. They are truly the best photographers I have seen thus far and I recommend them 100%. It felt like they were apart of my family and the pictures are proof they really captured our story.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Samantha! Your family is incredible! It was our pleasure to be a part of this magnificent milestone in your life!

Brenda · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing photographers!

Ches & Heather were phenomenal! Our wedding pictures came out amazing.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive feedback, Brenda! We hope to see you and Emilio very soon for another husband and wife session! Love you both!
  • Erica

Erica Quintero · Married on 07/01/2019

Highly Professional & Great Quality Work!

When planning a destination wedding, hiring vendors can be a bit challenging as you're basing your decision off of what you see online and possibly other people's reviews. I narrowed down Quetzal Wedding to one of my top 3 choices based off of their portfolio, other couple's wedding photos they shared in different "bride groups" I was in, and their reviews both in groups and on their website. When I initially reached out to them, Heather contacted me right away and scheduled a phone consultation which was different from any other vendor I contacted. When speaking to her, I was partly relieved that she spoke English well and that there'd be no language barrier. She gave me so many details about the process in terms of a suggested timeline, time of sunset for that particular date to ensure we got the sunset photos I wanted, etc - this put my mind at ease that they were truly professionals and knew exactly what to do/when to do it, etc. I hired them and they maintained communication all the way up to our wedding date. On our wedding date, they arrived on time and ready to work. Throughout the wedding, they did an extraordinary job and captured so many photos - I had no doubt we would have great memories thanks to their diligence in getting photos of EVERYTHING! They delivered the images to me by their estimated date they had told me and the photos were all great - It's nice to have them to look back at and remember that special day. Thank you Heather & Ches!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for this great review of your experience with Quetzal Wedding Photo. We loved capturing your family! You are such a happy and loving family! Give a hug to all your little ones for us! And we hope to see you in a family session very soon!

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2019

Next best decision after saying Yes to marrying my husband!

I cannot even being to put into words how amazing this duo truly is! They are photographers, they are family. From day one Quetzal was on it! They were super responsive to any and all questions. Most importantly leading up to the big day, they truly make it a priority to get to know you, your story and everything in between. Our wedding day went as smoothly and amazingly as it did because, you guessed it Quetzal was on the job! They knew the resort, the staff etc like the back of their hand. Who needs a onsite wedding planner! Please don’t think twice. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Vanessa, We love you and we are so grateful for your amazing review! We feel the same about you! It was a pleasure and an honor to be a part of such a lovely wedding day!

Christina Trinh · Married on 05/12/2019

Highly recommend Quetzal!

I would highly recommend the Quetzal team as they were very professional and helpful throughout my wedding planning process. My wedding photos turned out better than I could ever imagine!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Christina. We appreciate your kind words and positive feedback. It was a delight to be capture your wedding! Congratulations, again!

karla denisse salazar · Married on 05/02/2019

Nos encanto el trabajo de Quetzal Photo!!!

Estas chicas son maravillosas. Tanto en talento como en carisma y profesionalismo. Nosotros buscabamos fotos que capataran nuestras emociones y que tuvieran colores vividos y una excelente calidad. Obtuvimos todo esto y mas. Ellas nos aconsejaron como optimizar las horas de nuestra boda y fueron super flexibles a nuestras peticiones. Nos mandaron el “sneak peek” un par de dias despues de la boda y el resto de las fotos en dos meses. Nosotros seguimos enamorados de nuestras fotos, fueron mas de lo que imaginabamos. Realmente recomendamos Quetzal Photo para bodas o cualquier tipo de evento. Aparte de todo la van a pasar bien con su humor y energia.

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Emma

Emma Takacs · Married on 04/22/2019

Amazingly Talented Photographers

As soon as I saw the amazing work Quetzal create, I knew they were the only team I wanted to photograph our wedding. It was 100% the best decision we made! Heather was in contact regularly before the wedding and was super helpful in the planning process, even when I had tonnes of questions she was always happy to help. By the time our wedding arrived it felt like we had friends attending instead, they were so much fun to have at our wedding! They are incredibly talented and passionate about their craft, thank you both for capturing such beautiful memories for us to cherish.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Emma, Thank you for your sweet and positive review. We had a great time capturing your wedding, The way that you and Ashley love each other is so sweet and pure, we couldn't have asked for more love! Thank you for your kind words and open minds during session time. We love you both, and hope to see you back for a family session soon!

Gracie · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Wedding Decision You’ll Ever Make

I have not spent a single second regretting the decision to book Quetzal Photo. Oh my goodness, what a team! Ches and Heather didn’t shoot our wedding because Jaime and I decided on a photographer late, but I am still so stinkin’ happy with our wedding photos (shot by Alvaro and Ana). We had a destination wedding because it was cheaper, and we avoided spending on decor, for cost savings reasons. As you can imagine, I was worried our bland decor would call for bland pictures, but wow does that Caribbean water speak!

Communication: I appreciated the quick responses. This is what the team does for a living.. they ARE experts, and they are there to capture the most special day of your lives.. I love this duo, I keep up with them on social media and I know they are genuinely great moms and photographers. My husband and I will without a doubt do more work with Ches and Heather in the future, obviously on a smaller scale..

Ugh, and their sneak peaks, woo, I definitely cried. They are true professionals. I got my full gallery sooner than promised (DURING PEAK SEASON). I couldn’t have been happier. Stop reading this review, and seriously give them a call, text or email.. weddings are hard, but this decision really isn’t.

My resort had a $500 vendor fee just to have your own vendor on the resort and STILL I wouldn’t do a thing different..... and that’s coming from the bride who was trying to have the most inexpensive wedding ever.

Thank you Ches and Heather for pouring so much love into your work. I know I’m not the only bride who appreciates this team more than they know.

Sent on 08/05/2019

WOW!! Gracie!
    Thank you for that RAVING REVIEW!! It means so much to us to hear that your wedding story succeeded your expectations! We are so happy with your wedding because you got to experience the majority of our team and each one of us LOVED being a part of Jaime and your journey!

Alvaro and Ana were both moved by reading your review and of course, Ches and I felt an instant connection with the first phone call! We hope to see you both again! Ches and I can't wait to make a couple session with you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Mary Jayne · Married on 04/06/2019

Great! Would / Will Hire Again!

They did a wonderful and professional job. Our friends and family really enjoyed having them there as well. I would definitely recommend. Our photos were stunning. We received them in an appropriate amount of time.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Mary Jayne! We are so glad that you love your photos! Your wedding was spectacular! We wish you the best in the years to come!
  • Kate

Kate Woyski · Married on 04/06/2019

Artistic, professional, responsive! Highly recommend!

We loved our family photo session while on vacation in Tulum! Ches and Heather were a delight to work with. They set all of us at ease, even my shy daughter (4 years at the time). We will treasure the photos forever and would absolutely hire them again!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We appreciate the kind review! Your family was lovely and we hope to see you back in the Riviera Maya very soon!
  • yas

yas · Married on 03/16/2019

Highly recommend them to anyone without reservation!

Ches, Heather, and Val were the crew that photographed our wedding. From the moment we met, they were already part of the wedding party! We enjoyed every minute, and they made the whole event fun and relaxed. They were very responsive to all our inquiries. Answered every question and was very detailed with please considers of what we absolutely loved to be captured. We also got our couple's shoot with them at a secluded beach area and they sent us beautiful sneak peeks just hours after! We received our finished products and we were amazed at how they captured every moment! All of our guests kept raving about how wonderful the photos came out. I recommend them without any reservations! They are very passionate about their craft and you can see the beauty in their work!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Yas, for the great feedback! We fell in love with you and Jet from the very beginning. We can't wait to see you back in Mexico for a family session!! Lots of love!

Brooke Leverone · Married on 03/15/2019

Fun! Easy! Beautiful!

The ladies at Quetzal were so much fun to work with! They made the day easy, light and playful. Even when we realized we were behind schedule, they kept me (the bride) calm and having fun. They worked hard with my wedding planner to make everything flow seamlessly! Heather and Chez were both so sweet and did such a great job capturing all our moments. The photos were stunning! I can't say enough about how great they came out! The creativity, the lighting effects, the quality and designs! Amazing!
    They are also extremely organized! It was really impressive how easy they made the whole process from the first moment I contacted them, to delivering the final photos.
    I can't say enough good things about working with Quetzal. Seriously, just hire them. They are the best!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Brooke,
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for this review! We loved being a part of your special day! You and Mike are really the bees' knees! Your wedding was the perfect mix of sweet, loving and fun! Your decoration and traditional Mexican style was impeccable! We can't wait to see you and Mike again, for another session and a lot more laughter! Thank you!

Nela · Married on 03/02/2019

Choose THE BEST for the most important Wedding Decision - Quetzal Photo!

First of all thank YOU a BILLION, GAZILLION, INFINITY times to the Quetzal Photo team- because without you, our day would not have been the same... You made it magical, by capturing our world, and bringing it to life.

As your biography says - you are all kind, creative, and dedicated photographers who bring out the best in each other and this shows in the interactions you have together; you don't just work together, but you are friends! Your care for each other and you pointed out details to make our day so special, and each detail can be seen PERFECTLY on photos you captured. Our friends and family ALL SAID that you made us look like a Magazine Wedding! Thank YOU for making us feel more special than we thought possible for our wedding day!

We had no idea that it would be possible to truly give us photos that we will cherish forever and beyond. Yet, even though you made each moment feel so natural and we loved being ourselves, somehow you managed to make us look so magical and dreamy in each picture!

Thank you, we have no words to describe how incredibly grateful we are that you were available to be our photographers on our wedding day! We will recommend you over and over again and when the opportunity arises we will be your clients again. Quetzal Photo is the BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS in the entire world, we truly have not found anyone else's wedding photos to be as rich, beautiful, dreamy and simply amazing as the photos you take!

We are beyond blessed that we experienced in person how you make this magic happen - thank you Quetzal Photo Magicians and Ninjas - you are so phenomenal and SUPER TALENTED!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Marinela and Michael, Thank you SO much for the INCREDIBLE review you've left for us. We are honored to be held so high in your hearts. We loved your wedding, felt at home with your families, and were able to capture so much magic because of the energy you brought to Mexico with you. It was our pleasure and honor to be a part of one of your most special days! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!