Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

Quetzal Wedding Photo 5
Quetzal Wedding Photo 6
Quetzal Wedding Photo 7

Priscilla · Married on 01/25/2019

Colourful, creative and the best!

Professionally, creatively and passionately! These describe quetzal best. What a pleasure to work with, and enjoy the most amazing memories with these ladies from moody black and whites to colourful and playful celebrations. We are forever grateful for their amazing capture and work of our unforgettable wedding day in paradise!
    Thank you!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Priscilla, Thank you for your sweet words! We enjoyed getting to know you over the planning portion of your wedding day all the way up to game time! You and James were a pleasure to be around, and we were happy to be a part of your day! Next time you are in the Riviera Maya, let's hit up Tulum together!!

Kelcie · Married on 12/17/2018

Absolutely Amazing

My husband and I decided a destination wedding was the route we wanted to go and my only condition was booking an expert photographer as I did not want to look back and regret our photos (that seems to be the number one wedding complaint I’ve heard from friends and family, not liking their photos). I researched and researched photographers local to Riviera Maya and came across Quetzal. I fell in love with their art. I submitted a request for information and immediately, Heather linked up with me and we even spoke on the phone multiple times. Planning a wedding from another country is not easy and she was so reassuring and answered my questions over and over. It was a no brainer to book Quetzal.

Come day of our wedding, Heather and Ches were punctual, friendly, and organized. They were able to simultaneously wrangle our group but without seeming like they were trying to run the show or push us into posed after posed picture. Everything they captured was so natural and candid but flattering. All of my guests remarked how great they were and couldn’t believe how quickly they moved all over the place to make sure they captured every moment. They even stayed longer than they should have at our reception to make sure they didn’t miss a moment of our dances, cake cutting, or other special moments. I sincerely appreciated that.

We also did a “trash the dress” session at a local cenote with Heather and Ches. They even picked us up from our hotel so that we were more comfortable with our travel and to spare us the cost of a taxi. I am so, so glad we added the trash the dress. The cenote and scenery was stunning. It was a such a fun, beautiful day. I feel like my husband and I were just on a date to the beach, having fun and they definitely influenced that relaxed state of mind. Even my husband who hates pictures had to agree, “it wasn’t that bad.” 😉

I have zero regrets booking Quetzal. Our pictures are absolutely amazing. I look at them and get so emotional because they captured the magic of our day so perfectly. It takes me right back to that time and everything that I was feeling. If you are in Mexico and needing a photographer, look up Quetzal Photography. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 33
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 34
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 35

Kelcie,
    Thank you so much for the extensive and very positive review! We loved being a part of your and John's day. The setting was so intimate and perfect! You were our first beach bonfire with marshmallows and all! Your families were so kind and loving and we can't wait to see you back down here for an anniversary session! Lots of love to you both!

Robin · Married on 12/09/2018

My micheladas sisters!

My experience with Quetzal Photography was beyond incredible. Heather and Ches do everything they can to bring your wedding photos to life. From day one, they were responsive, professional and took the time the get to know myself and my husband. These ladies are extremely gifted and talented. They would move the world for you to make sure your wedding day goes as you want it to. ALL my guests complimented me on how amazing the photographers were because they were EVERYWHERE (even getting on the floor).

Sent on 04/03/2019

Robin and Sean,
    We fell in love with you from the very beginning and we will remember your wedding for EVER!! You are amazing people who deserve the best! Thank you for the great review, the amazing experiences, and the new friendship!

Cristina · Married on 06/15/2018

When my original wedding photographer cancelled on me, I scrambled to find a wedding photographer two months before my wedding. I am so lucky that Quetzal Wedding Photo was available because the quality of their work is worth every penny. Chez and Heather are so positive and creative. They played with lighting during shots to produce some spectacular photos. They also were able to get shots from every angle from the getting ready to the reception without feeling intrusive. If you are getting married in the Yucatán peninsula, i definitely recommend that you highly consider using them as your photographer. Thank you Chez and Heather for all of my beautiful wedding pictures!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 36

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Cristina! Thank you for the positive and thoughtful review! We are so happy that we were available for your date, even if it was close to the BIG day!! We had a great time with you and Jackson! From the catamaran cruise to dancing in the rain with you, your wedding was an adventure! We loved that you and Jackson were open and willing to try anything we suggested! We wish you both the best of luck and a very happy marriage!

Brianna · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot recommend Quetzal highly enough! They are such incredible photographers! My photos came out perfectly. They were able to capture all of my most important moments, as well as some of the funny ones. I also gave them some artistic license and wound up with some really cool and unique pictures too! They were timely, responsive, helpful and the kind of people you want to be friends with! Hire them if you can, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 44
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 45
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 46

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Brianna, thank you for your review! You and Andres really know how to have fun, and we were so lucky and honored to be a part of your very special and unique wedding day! Much love to you and Andres!!

Jamie · Married on 05/13/2018

Every picture I received from Quetzal is true art. They capture the best pictures while making you feel extremely comfortable. Their team of 3 were basically my bridesmaids since I didn’t have any and helped in ways beyond I expected of them! You will consider them friends by the time it’s all said and done. My guest even commented on their hard work. I highly recommend you book them ASAP before someone else does!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Jamie, Thank you for your kind words and positive review!! We loved your wedding and all the love and support you have from all your friends and family! You're wedding truly was a rainbow!! Best wishes to you and Sam!!

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing work , great vision , fantastic team ! Highly recommend Quetzal , there professionalism will give you amazing picture from your very special day !

Sent on 07/29/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 47

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Stephanie!! Your wedding was a magical event! We will be talking about it for years to come! We wish you and Frank the absolute best in all your endeavors!!

Daniela · Married on 04/21/2018

If I could give QUETZAL TEN STARS I would, but since it wasn't an option, here they are -(**********) <---- ha!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 55
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 56
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 57

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Hahaha! Dani! you loved us so much, you left 2 reviews!! That's awesome!! You should change the photos so the visitors can see other photos from your dream come true wedding!! We love you too!! Thank you!

Daniela · Married on 04/21/2018

One of the first vendors we booked was our wedding photographer, Quetzal Wedding Photos. This was especially important to us and we made it a priority! We were not disappointed! Quetzal and their team were remarkable at capturing our big day and telling our complete story. I immediately fell in LOVE with Quetzal and the look and feel of their photos (you have to check out their Instagram @quetzalphoto!). However, the true connection happened when we finally met! Ches and Heather are true artists and know how important their role is in capturing such a special day! We spent various hours on the phone prior to our big day to go over their portfolio and discussed the look and style we wanted - they even made time to come up a day early to scout the location! Who does that!? They listened closely on what shots were important for us to capture and did an excellent job at executing the day of! They even accommodated us and came out two days later to give us a private portrait session that we were unable to get the day of the wedding due to the ceremony running a bit late (plan for the unexpected ladies!). They cared about telling our WHOLE story and towards the end were more like friends! They made me feel comfortable, beautiful and care free during the photo sessions. This is important, especially on a day where your nerves are at an all-time high. I have to say- taking pictures with these two ladies was one of the most memorable moments of the day! Sharing those quiet moments before the wedding chaos was priceless. I will forever remember the first look and the first time I saw my future husband dressed in his tux and the way he looked at me. It was nice to know that Ches and Heather were there to capture that special moment in time, a moment I will always remember and cherish for years to come! They are the VERY VERY VERY BEST and I know will be part of our journey for years to come :)

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 65
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 66
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 67

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

AY Dani! Such a great review!! We love you so much! We cherish the relationship that we have created with you and we will be friends for years to come. You were a dream come true bride! We love when the couple takes a genuine interest in their wedding photography and is willing to connect before and talk things out. You were attentive, kind, flexible, and understanding. We loved being a part of your day!! Thank you and best of luck with all your endeavors!

Emily · Married on 04/20/2018

I am beyond glad we went with Quetzal for our wedding photographer. When I looked at the photographer through the resort I was less than impressed and started doing my research for someone who matched the look I was going for within my budget. Quetzal fit the bill. The day of the wedding they blended in seamlessly and did a great job capturing the feel of the day. Our end product was stunning. I swear I look at our photos everyday. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Emily!! Your wedding was beautiful and we wish you and Kyle the absolute best!!

Sean · Married on 02/18/2018

Ches & Heather are fantastic – We have nothing but amazing things to say about them & their work! They are the sweetest, most easy-going people & from the moment we met them, we knew that their attitude & personalities would be a perfect fit for our wedding. When planning a destination wedding, communication with vendors tends to be difficult…you often won't get a response for days or weeks. Heather & Ches were the exception! They always responded to emails within 24 hours, and thoroughly answered all questions/addressed any concerns we might have. During the wedding planning process, they were available to offer suggestions for other vendors & help us with whatever we may need. They made a real effort to get to know us as individuals & a couple, and made it a point to have a good understanding of what we were hoping for in our wedding photos. The weekend of our wedding in February, we had several different activities planned and they were totally accommodating to be available when needed. The day of the wedding they went above and beyond to be there for all the important moments & take those must-have photos, without getting in the way or distracting anyone from the events. Even when the groom arrived late to the ceremony and pushed our whole timeline back, Ches & Heather were professional & supportive to make sure we utilized the remaining daylight to get all the photos we wanted. They even took the time to try some really creative and unique shots, which we love! The photos came out spectacular!! You can feel the emotion & candidness in each photo, and they truly represent the beauty & love of our wedding day (and rehearsal dinner)! A bonus - we were surprised & very happy to be given many more photos than expected! We could not have been more pleased with the end result, they are true artists & are gifted at what they do. We are so grateful to have made a connection & friendship with the lovely Ches & Heather! You won't regret booking Quetzal! We love you guys!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 74
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 75
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 76

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Wow! Thank you SO much for your very kind words, Sean! We consider ourselves extremely blessed to have crossed paths with you and Sophie. You are an amazing, fun, down-to-earth, motivated couple whose love makes both of you glow! Forever friends and hopefully, you'll return for family photos!! Lots of love to you both now and forever.

Sul · Married on 02/17/2018

They really deserve all five stars in each of these categories, these aren't just default ratings. They truly are amazing people to work with, so creative and alive in what they do, capturing beautiful images and everything around your special day. You can tell they love they're work and are so accommodating. They will work with you and make you feel so special and comfortable posing. They encourage what comes naturally to you as a couple. The pictures turned out phenomenally, far better than we could have imagined! If we can use them again in the future, we most definitely will. You will not regret working with them.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much, Sul!! We had a great time with you and Alex on your special day! The emotion between the two of you was so natural and beautiful, and of course we will never forget playing with the seagulls!! Thank you for your kind review!

Catherine · Married on 01/26/2018

The best photographers ever! I am so in love and happy with our photos, that I am so glad I did not settle for less! I took my time doing some research and thanks to Pinterest I found Quetzal! Ches and Heather were so amazing, and so kind, fun, and easy to work with! Even though we are not photogenic at all, they made it fun and comfortable for us. We get nothing but great compliments on our photos! With their love and passion for photography, they capture nothing but the best! It’s truly a work of art! As this is my only memory left of our special day, and I’m so glad I chose them to capture our story!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Catherine! We love you and Ryan! Thank you for your positive review! We are SO happy that you are in love with your wedding story! It was a super fun and inspiring story to tell. You and your families made our work very enjoyable! Congratulations and we hope to see you back in the Riviera Maya for a family session some day!

Philip · Married on 12/15/2017

The photographers from Quetzal Wedding Photography were fantastic and we loved the photos. After the wedding ceremony the sunlight was quickly fleeting and they worked and flawlessly with speed and professionalism! My wife and I were thrilled with their work and the quick turnaround time for the photos.

You will be in good hands with Queztal.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive review, Phillip! We loved your ceremony in Tulum and all the unique touches you and Frances brought to the celebration. Thank you for inviting us into your special day!

Jolie · Married on 12/15/2017

Quetzal was quick to respond from the first time we reached out to them through the very end, post-wedding. We connected with Ches, Heather, and Melissa the moment we met them and they made us feel like long time friends we had known for a while. They knew exactly what to do and found the best locations to get us the most beautiful shots. We are still in awe and we absolutely love our photos.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive review, Jolie! Your wedding was fun, beautiful, and entertaining. one of my favorite parts was watching the little ones dance. We enjoyed sharing in such a special day with you!

Sharon · Married on 12/10/2017

Amazing work! Photographers were awesome, bridal party as well as guests had nothing but amazing things to say

Sent on 02/26/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your review, Sharon! We loved working with you and Anton!

Veronica · Married on 11/25/2017

If you choose Quetzal as your photographers for your big day, I absolutely guarantee you won´t regret it!!! They capture every single moment in our wedding (even the ones we didn't notice that happened) that will help us remember our day for the rest of our lives!!!
    I think the photos are one of the most important part of a wedding because they will be the memory you'll have from that day.
    We are so lucky we had them in our wedding!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for everything Quetzal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/03/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 84
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 85
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 86

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Vero, your wedding was truly magical. We loved EVERY minute of it. It was unique and beautiful, just like you and David. We are so glad that you invited us to share in the experience of your very special day!

Mandy · Married on 11/03/2017

Quetzal was great to work with. They were very professional, responsive, and fun to work with! And the pictures were fantastic. We have had so many compliments. Thanks Quetzal!

Sent on 02/04/2018
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 91
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 92
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 93

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Mandy, thank you for the great review! Your spiritual Mayan ceremony on the beach was so beautiful. We just know your wedding will inspire others. Congratulations and thank you!

Annie · Married on 10/21/2017

Quetzal was the best decision we made for our wedding. Heather and Ches were incredibly easy to work with, extremely talented and made our entire experience fun and comfortable. We have the most amazing pictures from our wedding day. Every time I look at them I get to relive the best day of my life!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 94
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 95
    Quetzal Wedding Photo 96

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you SO much for this awesome review, Annie. We loved being a part of your and Rich's special day! From the engagement session to dancing the night away at your wedding, it has been a magical experience. We can't wait until you visit the Riviera Maya again!! Lots of love to both of you and your incredible families!!

Claudia · Married on 07/10/2017

No pudimos tomar mejor decisión. Grandes profesionales y personas. Nos dieron la tranquilidad que necesitábamos, y obtuvimos un resultado final mejor de lo esperado.
    Aprovechamos para agradecerle a todo el equipo de Quetzal por el grandioso trabajo!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you SO much for your review, Claudia! You're wedding was simply beautiful and we loved your attitude to get amazing shots!!

Ana · Married on 07/01/2017

Todo estuvo perfecto mucho profesionalismo y excelente servicio y rapidez en el entrega de fotos. 100
    % recomendable

Sent on 08/28/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Muchisimas gracias por las palabras simpáticas, Ana! Nos encancantó conocerles y compartir en esa ritual tan especial para tú y David!

Carolyn · Married on 05/12/2017

I can't say enough how happy we are with our wedding photos! Quetzal Photo is fun, professional, and so talented. Not only do we love our photos, but our family and friends love them too. It is really special to have photos that captured our love and happiness on that day that we can keep for years to come. Quetzal truly went above and beyond for us!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

It was a true pleasure to work with you and Joe! Your smiles lit up the day! Thank you for inviting us into your wedding story. We had an amazing time capturing your special moments! Congratulations!

Sandi · Married on 04/12/2017

I don't even know how to thank Quetzel Wedding Photo for being so amazing!!!! My husband and I were in Mexico and were thinking of renewingour vows since it was just about 10 years ago that we got married on the beach in Cozumel. We were with our 3 kids and thought it would be cool to renew our vows and have them involved with the ceremony. I didn't plan anything before we left Las Vegas for Mexico for the renewal so whatever we decided was obviously going to be very last minute. While we were in Playa Del Carmen we looked into having a traditional Mayan ceremony and were able to book something for the next day-we couldn't believe it! So the hunt was now on for a photographer that would be available so last minute and would be a great fit to capture our style and candidness. We are wedding cinematographers in Las Vegas so we knew what we were looking for. We found a few photographers at around midnight and emailed them asking if by any crazy chance they would be available at 10 the next morning. To our huge surprise Quetzel got back to us around 7am and said they would be able to do it!!!!! OMG that was the BEST news EVER!!!! We loved their style of shooting and couldn't believe how everything just fell into place. It was totally meant to be. I literally paid for the session and signed the contract while in the taxi on our way to the cenote where our ceremony was taking place. They made me feel so comfortable and confident that morning that they had it all under control. Another surprise was that they knew of this remote location and knew the gentleman that planned our ceremony with the Shaman! Seriously how cool was that-it was like an instant family:). Our photographer moved around us in the small cave with such ease and captured amazing shots of our whole family. He created such a beautiful snapshot in time for us, we will be forever grateful! They did a super fast turnaround of our pics and we were featured in the Huffington Post. UNBELIEVABLE!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

It truly was meant to be Sandi, so happy we found each other!!!! Can't tell you how crazy we are about your last minute vow renewal and your crazy fun personalities. Thanks so much for your review and for giving us such an amazing story!!!!

Jordyn · Married on 04/02/2017

My advice for anyone having a destination wedding is to BOOK QUETZAL PHOTO! It was the best decision that I made throughout all of my wedding planning & decisions. My husband and my parents both thought I was crazy that I kept on searching & doing research for a photographer when our resort had their own on site. I looked at the on site photographers work and wasn't impressed-it just wasn't my personal style & I knew I wouldn't be happy in the end. I found Quetzal Photo by searching on Instagram & went to their website-their work made my mouth drop!!! I knew I had to have them. From the second we booked them, they sent us questionnaires via email to learn more about me, my husband, our families & how we saw our special day going & what we wanted out of it. We worked with Ana in the beginning stages & she was wonderful & replied in such a timely manor on emails. We are thrilled with our images-I cried ALOT when we got them back-they truly captured our day & it took me right back to Mexico. The images are BEAUTIFUL. They truly are pure magic! The images were not staged at all -they didn't round everyone up and request certain images-(i hate when photographers do this!) They just documented our day in a way that is truly stunning!! On top of all of this- They were SO MUCH FUN & truly and delight to work with. Hands down-best decision I made. If only there were more stars to give them. I will cherish my images forever. I cant even tell you how many compliments we have gotten on our images via social media and family/friends. Thank You from the bottom of my heart !!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Aaaawwww, thanks so much my love!!!! Loved being part of your day and even dancing together at the end of the night, lol We wish you a wonderful life together and let us know next time you are in Mexico. Ches, Ana & the team.