Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

124 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

• Jonathan

Jonathan W. · Getting married on 07/12/2022

Outstanding

Ches and Heather are the photography Dream Team!! They knew I was from out of town and they worked relentlessly to make our day special. Human, kind, fair and just great people!!

Sent on 01/12/2021

Jonathan,
    Thank you for your sweet review! The Dream Team...we LOVE it! We wish you all the love and happiness in the world! We can't wait for your wedding!

Dustin J. · Getting married on 05/04/2022

The most amazing experience!

The team was so hard working and compassionate about making my surprise engagement be as special as I wanted it to be! They helped me create the perfect engagement and were so caring and flexible!
    I am forever in debt to these beautiful souls! They were my photographers and are now a special part of our family! -Much love from Dustin&Jordan

Sent on 10/05/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for this awesome review, Dustin and Jordan! We loved being a part of your milestone! We can't wait to see your wedding unfold! Lots of love!
  • Karen

Karen C. · Married on 10/23/2020

Most amazing Duo Photographers in Mexico

Corona bride here -
    When I first started looking for photographers in Mexico, I had came across Quetzal’s work. I loved their style and at first it was more then I thought I wanted to spend money wise. Obviously, I was within a budget but photography was very important to me. I also knew that I needed fun and laid back photographers as my husband would definitely need this. He is not a photo lover like most men. I had a phone conversation with Heather and I immediately knew I was going to sign my contract. We were like instant BFF’s and Queztal’s vision and passion is just what I was looking for. They helped with so many other things as well and never hesitated from helping with my timeline to helping with other vendors, coordinating with coordinators at the resort , keeping me up to date on all the Covid-19 measures and so much more. They are not there to take your money and see you on your wedding day. More importantly they build a relationship with you and get to know you personally. Which I feel like Is a very important feature !!
    Heather and Ches are just the sweetest ladies and I couldn’t imagine my day without them. The attention to detail is incredible. I will also mention how important it is to have to photographers as every moment was caught between my husband and I during the ceremony. They each have a job to focus on one individual. I got sneak peeks immediately and shockingly I got all my photos (800) of them in two weeks. 😍. They go with thr flow and when it started to rain they got some awesome rain shots.
    They are passionate about what they do and their work proves that. I booked their stay at my resort as my vendor fee was quite high. The night of my rehearsal, they surprised me and was there ! They even took photos that they didn’t have to do.
    Do not hesitate and book them today !!!!!

Sent on 11/20/2020

Karen,
    It was a true pleasure getting to know you over the past two years! Yes, it's been two years already! hahahha. We loved being a part of your day, and we can't wait to watch your family continue to celebrate life and love, as you do so easily! We love you!
  • Meghan

Meghan O. · Married on 10/18/2020

Queztal is the BEST!

We were married on 10/18/20 at the Finest Playa Mujeres and we booked Queztal to capture our special day. Best decision!!! I just cannot say enough about this team of photographers (and videographer). Heather, Ches, Kari, Mireia were nothing short of AMAZING. From the moment we met them, they felt like friends!! So friendly and so personable! I personally dislike getting my pictures taken but they have this way of making you feel just so at ease, so comfortable. They provided such great, clear direction and suggestions, and they had such creative ideas for pictures and poses. It’s very obvious they are absolute PROs at this! And you can tell they truly LOVE what they do. It's clear this is not just a job or a gig to them, this is their passion! Better yet - not even a full 2 days after our wedding, we had “sneak peeks”!!! And they were honestly the best, most beautiful pictures. I was blown away! I was just so impressed with everything from start to finish. All my family and friends raved at how great Queztal was too, how friendly, how amazing, how professional they were, how beautiful the pics were. We 10/10 recommend this team to all the future brides, couples, families. We love you Queztal! You rock!

Sent on 11/19/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Meghan!!! Meghan!!! Meghan!!! We love you too! Your family and friends were amazing, and the love between you and Cory is palpable beyond every sense of the word! We can't wait to watch your family grow! Congratulations, and thank you for the RAVE review!

Ann · Married on 10/09/2020

Love all our memories!

My husband & I absolutely loved our wedding pictures from Quetzal photo! They captured so many moments, so many emotions to remember our wonderful day! So professional yet very genuine & heart-felt ladies who truly enjoy & embrace being in the moment with you & your family. We also hired them for a family photo session in Mexico & will always remember it! My kids loved Heather & Ches & their wonderful personalities & talked afterwards about it being the best family pictures they’ve taken! That’s from teenagers! Lol
    Spectacular pictures that hang on our walls!! We can’t say enough, except of course, hire them! :)

Sent on 01/27/2021

Ann,
    Thank you for the kind and heart-felt review. It was so fun getting to know your "teenagers"! Getting them to laugh with us, was pure gold! We love your family and the love between you all. We wish you the best in all the years to come! Big hugs from Quetzal Photo!

Maria K. · Married on 09/04/2020

Amazing!

We were fortunate enough to have Ches and Heather do our engagement shoot. They did everything we wanted and had such creative ideas. Our pictures came out phenomenal!!! They also made it a super fun experience and were so personable and hard working. I highly recommend them!! (We did our pictures at xpu-ha beach)

Sent on 09/29/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Maria and Brian, we will NEVER forget you or your session! It was a hoot, from the very beginning! I can't not laugh when I think of you saying, "We'll be the only people dressed formally on the jungle road!" So many laughs, so much fun! Congratulations on your engagement, We wish you and Brian many long and wonderful years together!

Marisa · Married on 06/05/2020

Engagement photos

I am so happy we chose Quetzal to do our engagement photo session. My fiancé and I had our hearts set on Isla Mujeres, and although it was a distance away from them, they were willing to fulfill our wishes. First we explored downtown Isla Mujeres, Punta Sur, and then finished our session on the beach so we could capture the beautiful sunset. They went above and beyond and we can’t thank them enough for our gorgeous pictures that we will cherish forever! Heather and Ches are not only wonderful photographers, but wonderful people! Their fun and care free nature made this experience one we will never forget!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

We loved taking this adventure with you to discover Isla Mujeres! We loved your vision and we were delighted to be a part of it with you! You are a super fun and loving couple and we wish you the best in the years to come!

Tricia B. · Married on 06/03/2020

Couldn't be happier with our selection of Quetzal as our wedding photographers.

Quetzal (Ches, Heather, and Kari) was amazing! Communication was easy, professional, yet personal from the moment we booked them. During our wedding, Ches, Heather, and Kari were fun and friendly, it was like they were our friends at the wedding. A variety of backgrounds, colors, and poses were taken for our wedding photos. When we received our sneak peeks, and then the photos, we were extremely happy with the results. It's difficult sorting through the photos for our wedding album!

Sent on 05/29/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Tricia! We had a great time with you and your families! Thank you for the kind words, positive review, and great memories!
  • Heidi

Heidi C. · Married on 03/11/2020

I would give them 1000 stars if I could

Ches and Heather were so easy to be photographed by. Both my partner and I were incredibly comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. Neither of us was worried about how we looked or if the angles were flattering. We trusted them immediately. They were able to bring us into the magic of the cenotes and keep our attention on the sacred experience we were sharing. I had no idea we were walking into what would become a fairytale proposal that they had been working with my partner for months to plan. They executed this magical occasion with professionalism and precision, ultimately creating complete and total wonder for us as a couple. They made it their responsibility to not only capture each moment but to also capture the feelings of each moment so that we can preserve this blessing forever. They were thoughtful and mindful and present with us in a truly beautiful way. We will cherish our incredible photos and these memories with deep gratitude for Ches and Heather. They took part in making our dreams come to life and preserving them in stunning still photos that will live on eternally. Ches and Heather truly made our engagement the enchanting romantic surprise of a lifetime at Cenote El Buho.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WOW!! Thank you, Heidi!! You are the bees' knees!! We loved helping Chanel plan this for you. You are an amazing couple who deserve nothing but the best! We send you lots of love for years to come!

Ekaterina C. · Married on 02/22/2020

Excellent service

My husband and I hired Quetzal team for photography and videography for our special day in Cancun. We are beyond happy with the pictures and videos that we received. They are pleasant to work with💕💕💕 Strongly suggest such talented group of people🎥🎬📸

Sent on 05/26/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Ekaterina! We loved being a part of your day, learning your traditions, and capturing the way you brought both your cultures and personalities to RAGE the Hard Rock Cancun! Best of marriage, and lots of happiness to you and Chase!

Jessica · Married on 12/06/2019

Amazing wedding day photography team

Chez and Heather were kind, considerate and creative. They have the ability to quickly get to know their couples so they can make each session personalized and special.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Jessica,
    Thank you for your feedback and positive review. We really enjoyed working with you, and we hope to see your family again in the future!

Rochelle J. · Married on 11/29/2019

Extremely happy with the overall service

Quetzal has been one of the best decision I made from the beginning process of preparation to the day of the wedding and after. I can't thank this amazing womens enough! Even my guest commented on how professional they were and they didn't even notice them during the ceremony and reception. If your looking for talented, down to earth, organize and knows how to take amazing photos, I highly recommend Quetzal.

Sent on 03/12/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your kind and warm review, Rochelle! We loved being a part of your day! Your friends and family were incredible! We hope to see you again soon!
  • Jessica

Jessica B. · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing photos and photography team!

The Quetzal Wedding Photo team was absolutely amazing from start to finish and I would very highly recommend their photography services for your wedding or other special events in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area! My husband and I had an incredible destination wedding at Secrets Maroma Beach Resort in November of 2019. We began the planning process about 18 months in advance and after deciding on our venue, finding the right photographer was very important to us. I came across Quetzal Photo on Instagram and after viewing their work on social media and also their online portfolio, I was extremely impressed. I contacted them via their website and received an e-mail response within 48 hours. The message provided confirmation of their availability for our wedding date, detailed information on the wedding packages & pricing offered, a link to a photo gallery highlighting their experience at our specific venue and lastly suggested that we set up a phone meeting to discuss our wedding day in more detail, answer any questions and get to know one another so that we could make the most informed decision when comparing our vendor options.

Quetzal’s style of work and broad experience captivated us right away and we felt a great connection in terms of personality after speaking with Heather on the phone. She was extremely knowledgeable, organized and overall just has a positive, fun vibe! The contract was straight forward and easy to understand. We did book roughly 1 year in advance of our wedding date, as November – March is prime wedding season in Cancun. I was impressed with the timely communication and follow-up even during the busy wedding season. Throughout the entire planning process, I felt that the Quetzal team tried to make our day as special and stress-free as possible and wanted to get to know to us and our story as a couple.

In addition to experience, style and personality, cost was also a factor in our decision for a photographer. After exploring several local photographers in addition to the Resort’s preferred vendors, we found their package pricing to be very fair and consistent with other photographers in the area. In addition, they are very willing to negotiate packages, understanding that each couple is unique in terms of what they imagine for their wedding day. We determined that Quetzal was without a doubt who we wanted to work with and could not have been happier with this decision!

As the wedding day got closer, we had more frequent communications around logistics and I appreciated the fact that the team sent me all the details I needed for the wedding day in advance which included an itinerary for the entire day, when they would arrive on site, what they needed to be able to access the resort for the day and tips to destress, keep it fun and natural if you aren’t comfortable in front of the camera!

On the wedding day, the Quetzal team arrived on site promptly and worked with all the curveballs we had thrown our way. We had so much fun while they took photos of the bride and groom getting ready with our friends and family members and made us feel so comfortable throughout all the photo shoots of the day. We were planning for a first look and the couples portraits to be done before the beach ceremony and as we were getting ready to head outside to do this -it began to downpour. The Quetzal team was not phased one bit by this and made the best of the time by capturing some additional photos in the room and keeping the bride in good spirits until the rain stopped. Once the rain stopped, Quetzal was on top of their game! They got our first look and couple’s portraits done working with a very short window of time before the ceremony. Following the ceremony, they were also very conscientious of the time we had before sunset to finish our photos on the beach. All the pictures turned out beautifully!!

Final notes/Considerations:
    • Quetzal provides an online album with all your photos which are organized into categories such as getting ready, ceremony, reception, etc. You can easily share with friends and family members with a guest access code. This was great for my family that was unable to travel to the wedding. You can also download the entire album to your personal files.
    • The turnaround time was faster than expected, we were sent a “sneek peek” album within 2 weeks of the wedding and then we had the full photo album available within a month.
    • In addition they are constantly tagging us on social media with fun memories from the wedding which I love!
    • When we worked with them, they did not have video services only photography.
    • Being local to the area, they work with tons of wedding vendors and can offer suggestions for other services like food/flowers/hair if you need.
    • Next to the venue, our photographer was one of the most important factors when planning our wedding and we spent a lot of time exploring different vendors and based our decision on: Experience, style of photography, work ethic, personality, reviews from other couples and cost.

Quetzal went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding photography and we had so much fun working with them! Their work is amazing and their team is an incredible group of people, I would highly recommend them for photography services for your wedding or other special events in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area!

Sent on 04/18/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WOW! WOW! WOW! Jessica, you blew us away with your amazing review! Thank you for your careful consideration and attention to detail in this extensive review! I may even use some of your sentences when speaking with future brides! We are forever friends and can't wait to see you and Josh again! We wish you the best marriage ever!

Erin · Married on 10/15/2019

Mrs Erin MCGerty

The best decision we made was choosing these guys they are beyond amazing! There work and the standard is the best you will ever get! Travelling from Scotland we had no idea where to begin but coming across our photographer was the easiest and best decision ever after looking at there work! They become a massive part of your day but feel like family! They are so professional and not once did me or my husband feel pressured about getting photos they are natural talent. Every single guest at our wedding made a point to say how amazing they were and our final photos are everything and more than we ever dreamed of we really can’t thank Chez and Heather enough for everything.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Erin, Thank you for this very kind and super sweet review. We loved being a part of your day. It was truly magical, from your entrance with a horse and carriage to the rainbow that Mother Nature gifted you. It was a delight to be your photographers!

Kirstynn E. · Married on 10/12/2019

Just Book Quetzal!

2 words: Book Quetzal!! Best decision I made for my wedding! Che’s and Heather answered all my questions, even ones that weren’t about photography. They made sure my day ran smoothly and captured my day perfectly!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review! We loved getting to know and party with you and Dylan.
    We hope to see you both again soon!

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Book them!

The Quetzal group was personable and gave excellent direction to help my husband and I feel at ease during our photo sessions. They made it clear to carry on as we normally would which made all the difference, when I look at our photos from Quetzal I see our group’s fun and love shine right through. They were able to capture the essence of the life and soul of our wedding. They made a point to inquire ahead of our wedding day and incorporate our sentimental pieces into our photos as well. They were quick and timely giving AMAZING sneak peeks of our magical day. They went above and beyond our expectations and were extremely flexible with a last minute request for our family. Finish reading this and go book Quetzal!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

YAY!! What a sweet review! And you are our 100th REVIEW! We wouldn't have wanted it any other way! You are the bee's knees and we love you both! Can't wait to see what's in store for your amazing family! Please come back and visit soon!
  • Julia

Julia K. · Married on 08/23/2019

Absolutely the BEST!!

Ches and her team were recommended to us by our friend and we are still talking about her service today and how happy we are with the choice to contact her for our wedding! Communicating with her in advance was super easy and she made sure that she understood our vision. We had only our immediate family and closest friends attending and wanted a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Ches and Heather found the perfect balance for couple photos and time for us to enjoy the day with our guests! We received the Sneak Peak photos a few days after the wedding and are now excited to see the full set of photos on their website .... we cannot wait! Thank you so much!!! Julia & Julio

Sent on 09/29/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Julia, we are so grateful and honored to read your review! We fell in love with your families and we are so happy to have been a part of your very special day. We wish you both the very best in the years to come.
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/07/2019

Outstanding

I loved working with Ches and Heather. They are truly the best photographers I have seen thus far and I recommend them 100%. It felt like they were apart of my family and the pictures are proof they really captured our story.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Samantha! Your family is incredible! It was our pleasure to be a part of this magnificent milestone in your life!

Brenda · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing photographers!

Ches & Heather were phenomenal! Our wedding pictures came out amazing.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for the positive feedback, Brenda! We hope to see you and Emilio very soon for another husband and wife session! Love you both!
  • Erica

Erica Q. · Married on 07/01/2019

Highly Professional & Great Quality Work!

When planning a destination wedding, hiring vendors can be a bit challenging as you're basing your decision off of what you see online and possibly other people's reviews. I narrowed down Quetzal Wedding to one of my top 3 choices based off of their portfolio, other couple's wedding photos they shared in different "bride groups" I was in, and their reviews both in groups and on their website. When I initially reached out to them, Heather contacted me right away and scheduled a phone consultation which was different from any other vendor I contacted. When speaking to her, I was partly relieved that she spoke English well and that there'd be no language barrier. She gave me so many details about the process in terms of a suggested timeline, time of sunset for that particular date to ensure we got the sunset photos I wanted, etc - this put my mind at ease that they were truly professionals and knew exactly what to do/when to do it, etc. I hired them and they maintained communication all the way up to our wedding date. On our wedding date, they arrived on time and ready to work. Throughout the wedding, they did an extraordinary job and captured so many photos - I had no doubt we would have great memories thanks to their diligence in getting photos of EVERYTHING! They delivered the images to me by their estimated date they had told me and the photos were all great - It's nice to have them to look back at and remember that special day. Thank you Heather & Ches!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for this great review of your experience with Quetzal Wedding Photo. We loved capturing your family! You are such a happy and loving family! Give a hug to all your little ones for us! And we hope to see you in a family session very soon!

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2019

Next best decision after saying Yes to marrying my husband!

I cannot even being to put into words how amazing this duo truly is! They are photographers, they are family. From day one Quetzal was on it! They were super responsive to any and all questions. Most importantly leading up to the big day, they truly make it a priority to get to know you, your story and everything in between. Our wedding day went as smoothly and amazingly as it did because, you guessed it Quetzal was on the job! They knew the resort, the staff etc like the back of their hand. Who needs a onsite wedding planner! Please don’t think twice. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Vanessa, We love you and we are so grateful for your amazing review! We feel the same about you! It was a pleasure and an honor to be a part of such a lovely wedding day!

Christina T. · Married on 05/12/2019

Highly recommend Quetzal!

I would highly recommend the Quetzal team as they were very professional and helpful throughout my wedding planning process. My wedding photos turned out better than I could ever imagine!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Christina. We appreciate your kind words and positive feedback. It was a delight to be capture your wedding! Congratulations, again!

Karla D. · Married on 05/02/2019

Nos encanto el trabajo de Quetzal Photo!!!

Estas chicas son maravillosas. Tanto en talento como en carisma y profesionalismo. Nosotros buscabamos fotos que capataran nuestras emociones y que tuvieran colores vividos y una excelente calidad. Obtuvimos todo esto y mas. Ellas nos aconsejaron como optimizar las horas de nuestra boda y fueron super flexibles a nuestras peticiones. Nos mandaron el “sneak peek” un par de dias despues de la boda y el resto de las fotos en dos meses. Nosotros seguimos enamorados de nuestras fotos, fueron mas de lo que imaginabamos. Realmente recomendamos Quetzal Photo para bodas o cualquier tipo de evento. Aparte de todo la van a pasar bien con su humor y energia.

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Emma

Emma T. · Married on 04/22/2019

Amazingly Talented Photographers

As soon as I saw the amazing work Quetzal create, I knew they were the only team I wanted to photograph our wedding. It was 100% the best decision we made! Heather was in contact regularly before the wedding and was super helpful in the planning process, even when I had tonnes of questions she was always happy to help. By the time our wedding arrived it felt like we had friends attending instead, they were so much fun to have at our wedding! They are incredibly talented and passionate about their craft, thank you both for capturing such beautiful memories for us to cherish.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Emma, Thank you for your sweet and positive review. We had a great time capturing your wedding, The way that you and Ashley love each other is so sweet and pure, we couldn't have asked for more love! Thank you for your kind words and open minds during session time. We love you both, and hope to see you back for a family session soon!