Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club Reviews

62 | Jacksonville, FL

62 Reviews for Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club

• Timothy

Timothy G. · Getting married on 04/06/2022

Life saver during covid-19!

Where to begin... our original venue cancelled on us 5 weeks before the wedding, after we had already changed the date with them once before. We contacted 10 venues and visited 6. Far and above the best was Queen's Harbor Yacht and Country Club. Beth Vanderberg called us when she got into her office right away and invited us to see the venue. We discussed our budget and out needs, and she said she would "try to see if she can help us out and stay in budget." Not only did she try and see, but she went way above and beyond. She and her crew bent over backwards to help us out with so many things, large and small. I have VERY high standards for communication and efficiency, and she was "10/10 would use this company again!" Kind, helpful, thoughtful, professional, classy. On an unrelated note, the venue is beautiful, whether you do things indoors our outdoors (we got married outdoors in late June... hot as $h!t but at 5pm when the ceremony started, we were well-shaded by the huge stand of old oaks that shelter the site. She must have taken pity on our plight because she provided a number of extra services to us gratis under our specific circumstances. It was about making a beautiful, magical event, not about nickle-and-diming us to death. Beth has done many a wedding before and knows exactly what to do and when to do it... we felt very well-taken-care of the whole time. We ended up getting a tremendous deal for what we spent, and we are very thankful to have found Beth and her group at Queen's Harbor Yacht and Country Club to make our wedding absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/30/2020

Tim,
    It was a pleasure working with you both! Thank you and let me know when you can come back!!

Beth

• Madison

Madison C. · Married on 11/27/2020

Fall 2020 Wedding

My husband and I got married at Queen’s Harbour during the pandemic. During the whole process, from touring the venue, to food tasting, to the rehearsal, to responding to all of my emails, Beth was very easy to work with and made the whole planning process a breeze. The venue is beautiful. We loved the outdoor ceremony spot overlooking the water and beautiful homes and yachts. We would recommend getting married at Queens Harbour to anyone.

Sent on 11/30/2020

Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and your families! I look forward to seeing pictures when you get them and do stay in touch.
    Best wishes!!
  • Niro

Niroska · Married on 11/07/2020

Queen’s harbour it’s the perfect place to get married!!

This venue it’s beautiful and unforgettable, our wedding was a dream. Beth was very understanding of our ideas and needs. Her flexibility helped us immensely while living out of town and planning a wedding over a long distance. When Covid hit, she helped us to stay calm and made us feel safe. She helped make our wedding extremely memorable with her suggestions, staff was very nice. 10 of 10 💜🤗

Sent on 11/24/2020

Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club's reply:

We loved working with you and William! The Crazy Dance I believe is my new favorite!! Thank you, and Best of Luck in the future!!

Kelsey A. · Married on 10/03/2020

Queen's Harbor is the BEST

I cannot recommend Queen's Harbor enough to everyone! The entire staff goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. Beth was wonderful! She not only helps you plan from start to finish, but she is there the day of to make sure it all goes off without a hitch. Also, Scott the chef was AMAZING! The food was seriously outstanding, and many of our guests agreed. He will also work with you to make sure your menu is what you want. Lastly, the management there was so helpful. We have two disabled parties in our family, and they ensured we had a golf cart for photos, and really helped make everything perfect. Overall, this is a fabulous place to have your wedding and I cannot recommend it enough!

Sent on 11/07/2020

Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club's reply:

We so enjoyed working with you and Joe!! I loved the dancing outside on the patio under the stars. Congrats and come back and see us soon!

Paula D. · Married on 06/27/2020

Social Distance-able and intimate for small wedding

After much debate, we continued with our wedding plans at Queen's Harbour. We live in the community, and had planned for a small wedding (50 people) since September. When the pandemic hit, Beth at Queen's Harbour kept us informed on all the Club's policies in reopening, and helped us modify our plans so could take advantage of the outdoor areas, social distanced seating at tables where families and friends were assigned seating based on their "bubbles" (familiy seated together, close friend groups together), We gave masks as the wedding favors. We included a small note in the wedding invitation, indicating the precautions we were taking, yet were very understanding if you did chose not to attend. As different as our wedding had to be, Beth and the group at the Club made every effort to make it as memorable and special as possible.

Sent on 08/11/2020

Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club's reply:

We enjoyed working with you and your family on this special event. Congrats and we wish you all the best.

Robyn · Married on 05/13/2020

Very Accommodating to Our Last Minute Wedding Needs!

With the unprecedented times we are facing our original wedding had to be postponed until next year due to the pandemic. Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club and specifically Beth were so accommodating to our last minute request to hold a small ceremony so we could still get married on our original day! We can't thank Beth and her staff enough for helping make our last minute ceremony even more special than we could have imagined. Not only are the grounds beautiful but the staff is great as well. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/14/2020

Robyn,
    Congrats to you and Gerry! It was a pleasure working with you and your family. Come and see us again soon!!

Beth
  • Sandra

Sandra S. · Married on 06/15/2019

Beth Vanderberg and the entire staff helped give our kids the wedding of their dreams!!

When my son and daughter-in-law started planning their wedding, Queen's Harbour was at the top of our list, not only because my son grew up in the neighborhood and we knew how beautiful the location was, but because when we met with Beth Vanderberg, the wedding coordinator, we saw that she would do everything she could to make the wedding a special and memorable event. What we would soon learn was how wonderful, professional, caring and helpful the entire staff would turn out to be.

Some vendors go out of their way to let you know that your wedding is not the only one on their calendar. Not Beth. She always made us feel like our wedding was her only priority. She answered every email or phone call promptly, helped to make sure everything was within our budget, and consistently worked to make sure that our wedding was everything that our kids dreamed it would be. She sat down with us at our tasting (which was wonderful by the way - compliments to the chef) and went detail by detail over things that we didn't even think about to make sure the event was carried out in an orderly fashion.

We received compliments all night long on the food and the service. One of the staff members, Lynne Covington, even noticed that we had a friend in a wheelchair and offered to prepare him a plate and take it to him so he wouldn't have to navigate his way in line.

We didn't know about many of the things that the staff did behind the scenes to make the day go smoothly until later (We probably still don't know about some). They may have seemed small, but they didn't go unnoticed by our family our our guests. It was so wonderful and so appreciated that we didn't have to worry about anything and could just let the day unfold.

If you are looking for a special place to have a wedding, without hesitation, our entire family can recommend Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club. Beth and the entire staff will work tirelessly to give you the wedding of your dreams!! I know they did for our family!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Queen's Harbour Yacht and Country Club's reply:

Hi Sandi! We enjoyed working with you and your family. Thank you for the kind words. I will pass along to the rest of the staff.
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 03/24/2019

The best place for a wedding!

Our wedding could not have been more perfect! The venue was beautiful and stunning, our guests were amazed! All the details you have to pay extra for are already included in the package which was one of the reasons why I went with this vendor. Paying extra for nice chairs instead of folding ones seemed crazy to me. Beth was very attentive to detail and as soon as I arrived and saw her, I knew I could let my stress go and enjoy my day. The food was amazing and everyone loved it, saying it was the best wedding food ever, including their own. EVERYONE told me how accommodating the staff were to their needs and how much they loved it. There honestly is not a single complaint that I have. This place and team truly ensured that I had the best day of my life!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Joanna · Married on 12/26/2018

Phenomenal

The event coordinator, Beth, worked with us and made sure we were more than satisfied with everything from Day 1! The rest of the staff was extremely polite and professional to all of the guests. Thank you everyone for making our special day everything we had hoped it would be!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2018

Kelly and her crew at Queens Harbour were an absolute dream to work with! They made my family and I feel like we were royalty the entire process and especially that wedding day. They were so responsive and alert with weather and having back up plans. The venue is obviously beautiful, but the wedding coordinator, Kelly Harris, and her team are the real reasons we sealed the deal! And i am so glad we did because our wedding day was a dream come true!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Lisa · Married on 01/12/2018

Kelly Harris and her team at Queen's Harbour were stellar! I cannot say enough great things about them! I loved that Queen's Harbour takes the pain out of coordinating caterers and renting tables and so on! It was like one and done! Such a gorgeous setting for the pictures. We had the wedding in the Parlor and then moved to the next room for the dinner. And the food was just outstanding. I've been to several weddings recently and the food catered in just was not that great. The food was prepared onsite by their Chef and was excellent! Everyone enjoyed the food, the atmosphere. They truly were wonderful in making this day so special! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Vincenza · Married on 01/06/2018

Kelly and Jen were absolutely amazing!! They really went out of their way to make everything perfect and were accommodating to wants :)

Sent on 01/13/2018

Kim · Married on 11/11/2017

Queens Harbour is a beautiful venue, but what should sell you on this location is the event coordinator, Kelly Harris!
    Kelly took over the position towards the end of our wedding planning process when her predecessor resigned. Any worries we had were alleviated as soon as we met Kelly. She was organized, professional and we knew immediately that she was a seasoned pro. We noticed a HUGE difference in the level of service we were getting and her attention to detail. She asked questions we hadn't thought about and always followed up immediately after our meetings. What impressed me the most was when after talking to her in the parking lot on our way out about renting a dance floor, by the time we got home there was an email waiting for us from one of her contacts! Talk about efficient!
    The venue was also extremely flexible and willing to work with us. They let us have another complimentary tasting with recipes that we sent them, and the food was delicious. We received multiple compliments on how good the apps were (brie & raspberry, coconut shrimp and the meatballs). They also let us set up our own lights on the back patio and welcomed us, and our tape measure as we drew out plans on a couple afternoons.
    It exceeded my expectations the night of our wedding, and it truly was a dream come true! It was beautiful,our guests had a blast and we were able to enjoy the most important night of our lives, worry-free in good hands with Kelly and team.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Michele · Married on 11/10/2017

I planned a rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding from New Jersey at the Queens Harbor Yacht and Country Club It was a dinner for 45 people. I wanted to have one large table for the dinner to symbolize both families coming together. Kelly was so accommodating and easy to work with. She was very understanding of what I wanted the room to be set up like. The room was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't of been happier with everything. We did buffet style dinner and the food was delicious! Desserts were great too! We also had 3 kids and they were very accommodating with a kids menu. The staff was fabulous! I would recommend Kelly Harris and the Queens Harbor Yacht and Country Club to anyone looking for a beautiful place to host a party of any kind. I wish it was in New Jersey because it would totally be my go too place for ALL my catered affairs!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Genalyn · Married on 10/22/2017

Where to even begin! This place made my dream come true! Kelly and jennifer made everything happen and the party go smoothly. I am a happy bride. They offered a discount for military which definitely helped me and husband. :) I definitely recommend and would conduct business with them again. For sure.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Arlene · Married on 10/14/2017

Kelly was just amazing! She was super understanding with my craziness and was so helpful! I could not have asked for a better person to help me make sure the wedding went smoothly!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/07/2017

Queens Harbour was a fantastic venue to host our wedding. The staff is incredibly helpful, professional and communication is great! The one thing I appreciated the most as a bride using this venue was how capable the staff was at easing any worries I may have had. Our wedding night was fantastic and all of our guests were thoroughly impressed with how it all turned out. I would recommend this venue and staff to anyone and everyone!

Thanks again to Kelly, Jen and their fantastic team for making our night one to remember forever!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Cole · Married on 05/28/2017

Queen's Harbour is a beautiful venue and working with Kaley was an absolute pleasure. She always responded quickly to our questions and kept us calm during the stressful wedding planning process. Kaley made sure we had a plate full of food and a drink in our hands once we let her know we would probably forget to eat with everything going on. Kaley was very clear in her instructions and helped guide everyone through the day. We appreciated her hard work and helping us make our wedding day exactly how we pictured it.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/09/2016

Queen's Harbour and Kelly made our wedding day perfect! I would recommend everyone to have their special event here. Kelly makes sure everything runs smooth on top of such a beautiful venue with great staff!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kellie · Married on 06/18/2016

Queens Harbor was a beautiful venue and Kaley was so helpful! She made the planning easy and the wedding flowed smoothly. Perfect day!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2016

Queens Harbour was the most PERFECT place to get married!! Literally everything went perfect and I wish I could do it all over again. Kaley was the best and made sure the day (and the days leading up to it) went so smoothly so my family and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Let them know your budget and they will definitely work with you! I have nothing but good things to say about this place for a venue and reception, Kaley and her awesome staff!!! :)

Sent on 06/29/2016

Queen's Harbor was the perfect venue for our ceremony and reception. The price point was great. Kaley, the events coordinator, definitely helped me achieve the wedding of my dreams. Everything the day of my wedding was beautiful. She is also one of the most patient people I know, having the deal with my inebriated family members, especially with sparklers for our send off! You need to book a consultation here and check it out.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Cherry · Married on 06/13/2015

The beautiful outdoor setting for the wedding ceremony was so amazing. Also, it is better to have both wedding and reception because all food, linen, and wait staff is included and extremely helpful. This means you do not have to hire a separate caterer for the reception. We highly recommend Kaley Parham and Queen's Harbour facilities. The dressing rooms were clean and roomy. Our guests are still talking about our beautiful wedding, and the setting of Queen's Harbour.

Sent on 07/01/2015

James · Married on 04/25/2015

We knew we wanted to have our ceremony and reception at Queen's Harbour as the location is beautiful and you won't find a better staff to work with anywhere else. From the beginning, Kaley was a perfect event planner and went above and beyond to make our day the best it could have possibly been. I wish we could do it all over again. % stars for Kaley and the staff at QHYCC!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Bianca · Married on 03/14/2015

Kaley is the best at what she does

Sent on 05/20/2015