Queens Botanical Garden Reviews

Queens Botanical Garden 2
Queens Botanical Garden 3
Queens Botanical Garden 4

Leilei · Married on 06/16/2018

We had our wedding on June 16 at the Queens Botanical Garden. We were looking to support a environmentally sustainable venue that was uniquely NYC. If you want an outdoor wedding that celebrates NYC and Mother Nature without breaking the bank, this is the venue for you. Ebony Wiggins is Wonderwoman—she eased us through the planning process and she and her amazing team really enjoy their work and it shows in how hard they worked to make our special night go off without a hitch.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Queens Botanical Garden 5
    Queens Botanical Garden 6

Jackie · Married on 07/23/2016

We are so happy that we had our wedding at the Queens Botanical Garden! The garden is such a beautiful, unique setting and our guests loved being able to walk around and look at all of the flowers. We got married on a HOT July day, but we were quite comfortable during the reception under the shade of the terrace. Ebony is very responsive and flexible and helped everything run smoothly for our rehearsal and wedding.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Johana · Married on 05/18/2013

I absolutely loved having my wedding ceremony at the Queens Botanical Garden! Of course mother nature is naturally beautiful; the photos came out gorgeous! Everyone there was very friendly, best of all I saved so much money when comparing it to having a traditional wedding at a church. They offered me the choice of running in doors if it rained to hold our ceremony indoors. Thankfully we didn't need to make use of that. We were also given chairs for all our invites, not like the one in BK or BX. The Garden was beautifully decorated and the Gazebo was a perfect photo destination with all the pretty petals on the ground. I was in love! It was the perfect wedding Ceremony we both loved it and all our Invites were very pleased! I would definitely recommend The Queens Botanical Garden! I also look forward to having future events there!

Sent on 02/11/2014
  • Mrs.RomeJ

Lady · Married on 07/17/2010

The QBG was great, I have no complaints. It served its purpose within my budget and provided a lovely location and backdrop for pictures. Clare DelMonaco the wedding coordinator is a pleasure to deal with, always responsive, professional and so sweet.
    Definitely recommend this location.

Sent on 07/26/2010
  • Victoria Thomas

Victoria · Married on 09/20/2008

Queens Botanical Garden - Were my ceremony venue; all I can say is "WOW" they were great and the venue is amazing. They give you 3 1/2 hours of service including rehearsal time and for the small fee you'd think that you'd have to pay a tremendous amout of money. I totally recommend having your wedding and in any season. Here's a photo of the bride and groom at the Queens Botanical Garden:

Sent on 10/28/2008

Christine · Married on 06/21/2008

Our wedding was amazing! Queens Botanical Garden was the perfect location for our wedding. The gardens was recently re-constructed. I loved the new additions to the garden from the brook in the Cherry Circle Lawn to the
    red terrace with seats and tables. I booked my ceremony and reception at the gardens for an outdoor wedding- 2 for the price of 1! Our ceremony took place in the wedding garden in a gazebo with the over look of a willow tree and a pathway crossing the bridge. We also got another hour for photos & video. For the outdoor reception, we rented out the Cherry Circle Lawn to enjoy the summer evening. We had amazing views of the brooks, ponds, and gardens for the pictures. The Visitor & Services Manager/Events Coordinator, Clare Del Monaco was amazing throughout our wedding planning. She coordinated and managed our timing from the ceremony to the reception. She also went out of her way to contact all the vendors to make sure everything went smoothly. In addition, we were able to use the space under the red terrace for our cocktail hour. We also got an hour in the wedding garden for the day of our rehearsal. Our wedding was definitely the highlight of the year for our families & all of our guests! They loved every detail. We got so many compliments and raves throughout the day of our wedding. All of them agreed that it was the best wedding they've ever been to! I would highly recommend QBG to all brides for a one of a kind wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2008

Lily · Married on 09/22/2018

wedding ceremony spot

We had our wedding ceremony in the private wedding garden at Queens Botanical Garden and were thoroughly pleased. We worked with Ebony throughout the entire planning process and she was available via email and we met up with her a few times to review details as well. Ebony was enthusiastic, friendly, and informative throughout the entire process. She gave us a contact to book additional chairs for the ceremony, which worked out perfectly. On the day of the wedding, Kamaria was there to coordinate the walk down the aisle and she did a phenomenal job!! Overall I think QBG is a great spot to have your special ceremony. I do wish someone (possible front desk) could pick up the phone more often, because of how busy Ebony is. All in all, we were so happy to celebrate our special day at QBG, the photos in the garden looked amazing, and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 10/16/2018

I have to say that I fell in love with the garden the minute that I saw it. During the rehearsal I noticed a few maintenance imperfections, but Claire, the wedding garden director took care of it. Overall I was very please with the location.

Sent on 06/18/2014
  • Mrs. Phillips

latasha · Married on 09/18/2011

it was so beautiful there. the flowers where so beautiful, the only issue i had was that there was another wedding before mine and mine was suppose to start at 5 and they where still there a little later,but other then that it was everything i ever imagined. it was sunny and warm and just wonderful

Sent on 09/19/2011
  • Brian

Brian Joergens · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful wedding event

As long as you have friends and family to help set up your event, you can have a great wedding at the Queens Botanical garden.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Amy · Married on 07/02/2011

4.2
      3.0

Garden was beautiful and definitely the right price! Only slight drawback was the responsiveness of contact there.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Dana · Married on 06/30/2011

2.0

I always imagined myself getting married in a garden. Queens Botanical turned out to make the dream a reality. Since I wanted a small wedding, this location was the right one for me. It seats a maximum of 80 people, in which the first 20 are included in the $750 cost, and $2.00 extra per additional chair, and it's $25 for a microphone for the officiant. Clare Del Monaco was very helpful and able to answer all our questions. It was a bit difficult to get in touch with her at times, however. Also, you are not allowed to bring your own flowers to decorate the garden with. This was a bit of a challenge for me because at the time of rehearsal none of the flowers in the garden at bloomed yet. Additionally, by the altar there were smashed berries on the cement which made it look a little unclean. Overall, it was a beautiful and inexpensive place to hold my intimate wedding and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to pay too much for their ceremony. I did not have my reception here because to use the space alone was $2000.00 and I had to find my own caterer (which would have hiked the costs even more). Instead I held it elsewhere.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Alissa · Married on 08/25/2018

I had an amazing experience with QBG. The availability for the garden goes very quickly. Yet in all we had beautiful weather to have our dream wedding ceremony.

Sent on 09/03/2018