QC Catering Reviews

26 Reviews for QC Catering

• Hilary

Hilary Renee Levine · Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic experience

If you are looking for a caterer that offers fantastic food, creative presentation, an amazing team and incredible attention to personal details, then look no further than QC Catering. We were new to the Charlotte area and sought out QC Catering based on the number of incredible reviews, all of which are proven to be entirely accurate. QC Catering dazzled us at the food tasting, beginning with the beautiful venue, presentation which included personalized menus and introductions to the chef and most importantly delicious food. Jennifer is truly amazing and was a pleasure to work with from the very first call to final toast. She was in constant communication, provided guidance and suggestions and helped us create the perfect wedding menu. She coordinated the rentals, set-up of the bar and placement of tables and food to create the best presentation. The food was mouth-watering, fresh, colorful and beautifully presented and the service at the event was perfection. Our guests continue to rave about it. QC Catering was more than just about the food. They were about the entire experience and about making us happy which really sets them far above the rest. We are thrilled with our experience with QC Catering, Jennifer and the rest of the QC Catering staff and cannot recommend them highly enough. We hope that everyone gets to taste the wonderful food and share in the experience.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Ashley · Married on 01/21/2017

Queen City Catering is amazing. Courtney was great at communication from the beginning and really willing to work with me and family and our requests, changes, adds... anything. Her and QCC were very professional to work with and their food is cooked in a very clean environment. I knew that I left my wedding food in very good hands with this company. The food at my wedding got tons of compliments, and the guests were all really happy with their food options. I recommend this company and Courtney to anyone who is planning the wedding of a lifetime and in need of perfect catering execution.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Tammy · Married on 11/19/2016

Great food! Great service! You and your guest will not be disappointed. Our guest are still talking about the food and service they received from Queen City Catering!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

Courtney and her team were simply incredible! From day one she was there to assist with any and all questions. She was there from start to finish, our guests were so amazed with the quality, the set up and the service. I would highly recommend Queen City Catering to any bride to be! I will certainly be using them in the future for all of catered events. Excellent overall experience!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Susan · Married on 09/17/2016

Courtney and her ten were amazing! All the food was outstanding especially the trout!! The appetizers were wonderful also. The stuff was very professional and helpful. Can't say enough good things about this company!

Sent on 11/29/2016
  • I

Ivette · Married on 11/27/2015

Rachel and her team with amazing. The service and food that was given the day of my wedding was stellar. They had the most caring, thoughtful and hardworking team. Your team went above and beyond. The bartenders were so much fun. Not only did they gave great service but I felt they were part of the wedding and I love it.

Sent on 12/11/2015

We utilized QCC for both our Rehearsal Dinner and Plated Reception Dinner. For the entire weekend out guests raved about how amazing the food was.

We did the Carolina BBQ buffet for the rehearsal and people couldn't get enough.

During the reception the food was served timely and exactly as we had planned.

Most importantly, the Staff was outstanding! They were smiling and polite and quick to make sure everyone had what they needed. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and we highly recommend QCC.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Ann · Married on 10/17/2015

The staff at Queen City Catering was a pleasure to work with. They were efficient, up front, accommodating, professional, and a true delight to work with. The food was amazing!! The staff on site were wonderful and very professional, highly recommend QC Catering for any special occasion.

Sent on 10/20/2015

mor · Married on 07/17/2015

food was great! service was excellent!!!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Bethany · Married on 05/16/2015

We used QCC for our wedding on may 16th 2015. They really helped make our day special by providing the best food. The pimento cheese sliders were so yummy, but the real winner (according to our guests) was the loaded baked potato salad! I thoroughly recommend using QCC!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Katie · Married on 10/25/2014

Shannon and Mary Kate were fantastic during our wedding planning process! They offered plenty of solutions for a menu that fit within our budget and were delicious to boot! They were always quick with a suggestion, we heard back from them promptly, and they handled renting our linens as well! I loved that we were able to provide our own alcohol for a reasonable corkage fee - that definitely helped keep our costs down. The service we received on our wedding day was FLAWLESS - my husband and I were served appetizers and drinks during cocktail hour while we were taking pictures, we didn't have to wait through the buffet line, we never had an empty drink, and the food was delicious. I can't recommend Queen City Catering enough!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Adrian · Married on 09/07/2014

Queen City Catering went the extra mile! I first contacted QCC in the early spring, from the first email, they were prompt and highly attentive! The ease and speed with which they helped us through the whole process was amazing! They regularly checked in with us and had no problems with my repeated calls for clarification on small details. The staff at the new kitchens were wonderful during Bar Drop Off.
    On the day of, QCC took the ball and ran with it. During our Cocktail Hour, while the Bridal Party were doing photos, several waiters came down with refreshments and drinks for us. We were all overjoyed to see the glasses of ice cold water and trays of goodies! At the Reception, QCC continued to amaze us, not a single guest was left wanting. The staff was courteous and attentive. Many of my guests confided in me as to how wonderful they thought Queen City Catering was.
    The food, it's what every one wants to know about. Astounding! Amazing! Gloriously Decadent! My husband and I fell in love with the foods! The options for buffet alone were almost overwhelming. Everything was perfect from the QCC breads, through to the main entree. Our personal favorite was the Pearl Couscous!
    I most definitely plan on hiring them for future celebrations!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/07/2014

Queen City Catering is great! My sister used them for her wedding, I used them for mine, and friend getting married this fall will be using them as well. The staff are professional and efficient, and setting everything up was really easy. We were organizing our wedding from out of town, and everyone was great about communicating via phone and e-mail (sometimes multiple times a day). Their food is also exceptional, better than any other caterer I've tried in Charlotte and better than a lot of restaurants.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Elie · Married on 05/10/2014

The food and service was excellent! Many of our wedding guests commented on how nice it was . They did a great job with both, every thing went smoothly . Thanks for helping to make our special night perfect!! Shannon and staff were very accommodating! Bride & Groom were pleased.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Queen City was our absolute favorite vendor mainly because they pointed us toward almost all the other vendors we used. From the moment we met Andrew we knew that we wanted Queen City to be our caterer, and actually chose our location from the list of places Queen City Catering was a preferred vendor. The food was fantastic! Everything we every tasted was unreal, and our final menu was a real hit. Queen City even made my husband's family's waffle recipe so that we could serve genuine belgian waffles! And Shannon made wedding planning as easy as possible. She pointed us toward the location we used, our photographer, our florist, and our day-of coordinator and everyone she suggested was amazing! Her great taste was a wonderful asset.

Sent on 01/25/2013
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 05/04/2012

The food was one of the most important things to us when planning our reception, so we were very picky with the company we selected. When we met with Queen City Catering we were blown away! Out of the several companies that we tried, QC was mid range in price but the taste and presentation of their food blew everyone else out of the water. We went with a buffet of southern inspired dishes and everyone was raving about how good it was! They were great to work with and very quick to respond back to the million questions I had! The presentation and service were spectacular. We would definitely recommend to all our friends!!!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/28/2012

Andrew and Shannon at Queen City Catering coordinated my event. They were very through in their whole process to make sure I had exactly what I wanted. The food was great and the staff at the event were great as well.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Mattie · Married on 09/17/2011

QC Catering was just wonderful! Dealing with them was great becauce they were very flexable and very resopnsive to my needs, questions, and concerns as a bride. The food was AMAZING! I heard all evening my guests raving about how good the food was. I would highly recomend them to anyone!

MG(H)

Sent on 09/19/2011

Trisha · Married on 09/10/2016

Courtney and her team were a dream to work with! The food was amazing at our wedding and I had guests come to me all night with compliments! they were also very responsive ! On the high end with pricing but you do get what you pay for!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Laura Leigh · Married on 10/15/2016

i would highly recommend Queen City Catering to any bride to be! I will be honest at first we had a little trouble with communication BUT then we were connected with Courtney and she was AMAZING!! She answered every email almost immediately and really worked with us to make everything exactly what we wanted.

The food at our wedding was truly incredible! We received so many compliments that evening and continue to receive texts about it over a week later. I think that shows what an impression it made!

Great job Queen City Catering!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Katherine · Married on 10/04/2014

Definitely worth the price. Guests loved the food and the attendants were amazing

Sent on 10/13/2014

Katie · Married on 07/12/2014

Queen City Catering exceeded my expectations when it came to their food! My husband and I planned our wedding from out of state so we never got to do a food tasting. My husband is a chef, so this aspect of the planning process was extremely difficult for him! I assured him that it would be great, and it was amazing! The quality of service was outstanding. We opted for a buffet but QCC made us feel like we had a sit-down dinner. They actually made plates for my husband and I so that we didn't have to go through the buffet line, giving us more time to greet our guests. Everyone raved about the meatballs during cocktail hour! Unfortunately, my husband and I never got to try them. The one negative to the experience with QCC was that they promised, in our contract, to make a plate of appetizers for my husband and I, and that they would put two boxes of food aside for us at the end of the night. They did neither. Since we were going back to a hotel, all of the large containers of food ended up going to his sisters house...we ordered pizza. Paid quite a bit of money to be ordering pizza at the end of the night... Fortunately, I had an amazing day and didn't allow this to take away from the happiness of the day. Would have been nice to have a meatball, though.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Anne · Married on 06/02/2017

I worked with Courtney and she could not have been more friendly or quick to respond to my questions. I received several emails from her and she patiently revised the menu for me a couple times without one complaint. The food was very good and the server improvised quickly when there was a glitch on the drink station. My advice to other couples would be to not rely only upon the last menu you receive to make sure all is correct, but no matter how busy you are---make sure to study the final invoice to see that the items listed match your final menu. I missed that the drink station (lemonade/water) had also been removed with my request to only remove the sodas. I was not charged for it and the server (Blanche) was able to think quickly and come through with another source for drinks so that guests never knew the difference! People raved about the food (my in-laws even ate the chutney served with the cheese tray by itself and said that the white balsamic and cherry chicken was the best chicken they had ever had. The pasta primavera with grilled chicken added was also excellent, the salad colorful and fresh, the fingerling potatoes were fun and filling. The church where we had our rehearsal dinner wants to use Queen City in the future because of the quality of food and service, and the gentleman at the church we worked with was trained as a gourmet chef and could tell the difference between Queen City and other caterers he had used for other events. Thank you to Courtney and Blanche for helping me to complete a beautiful evening with an excellent meal enjoyed by all of our guests!

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • User2720058 · 2+ years ago

3.5
      3.5

Andrew and his staff at QC are the best. I was so blown away not only by the food, but also by Andrew's responsiveness and his desire to really work with me to create a custom menu for our wedding. We decided on passed hors'd and a plated dinner for my wedding reception, which included shrimp and grits, beef short ribs and chicken with mushrooms. The food was spectacular!! The only reason I didn't give him 5 stars is because I felt the wait staff was a little unexperienced and slow at the reception. The food was excellent but the dinner service itself needed a little work. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend any bride to work with QC they offer a great value and Andrew is so spectacular that I have no doubt that he has worked hard to resolve any issues I had on my wedding day.

Sent on 10/17/2012

2.8
      2.0

The food you get with Queen City is top notch. All of my guests were raving about the food from beginning to end. We did have some communication issue that I think really put a damper in the final weeks of planning. Many other brides at my venue had used them and I had heard similar comments about QC communication. I hope that they work on correcting those issues as they have a really great service to offer.

Sent on 05/08/2014