DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment Reviews

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 3
DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 4
DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 5

Lisa Merchant · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Without a doubt, the very best!

The best compliment came when a 1 week old bride walked up to me at my daughters wedding and said "now I know the secret to a perfect wedding, its that DJ!"

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • kayle

kayle · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Fast response!

Very quick responses and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Newkirk · Getting married on 06/05/2020

We would do it all over again!

My husband and I don’t know where to begin...but Billy is AMAZING! From the beginning, Billy worked with Troy and I on songs we wanted (or didn't want), the timeline for the night, and even mixed a song for the father/daughter dance! Billy was available whenever we needed him (including changing songs the last minute!). During our reception, he immediately got our guests out on the floor, and helped us to have a great night! Not only do Troy and I have so many great things to say, but even our guests commented how great Billy was and that he really provided great entertainment for the night! If we had to do it all over again, Billy would be our guy!

Thank you so much, Billy!! You did a phenomenal job during our reception - and made planning the night so easy!!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Meihak · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Amy & Jason's Wedding

When we met Billy Quesenberry, to decide if he would be the DJ for our daughter's wedding, he told us that all we needed to do was to show up at the reception and he would take care of everything else. He absolutely lived up to that statement. He made the wedding reception very special and accommodated all of our requests. He even allowed us at the last moment to add in a cassette tape of our daughter and her best friend singing when they were teenagers. He had lighting in our daughter's wedding colors that made the room beautiful. He was very professional and organized. He worked with us to plan out the schedule for the reception. He also coordinated with the photographer to make sure her needs were met too. We received many compliments from our guests. I would hire him again in a moment for any event that I needed a DJ for.

Sent on 05/21/2019

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy! You have a very special family and it was truly my honor to share in your daughter's special day! I am hoping that someday I can celebrate with you again when your grandkids get older :).

Erin Burson · Married on 10/19/2019

Best dj ever!

Billy was the perfect dj for a perfect night! I knew having a good dj was important but I think Billy made the night! He got almost everyone out on the dance floor at least once. The website he uses to make sure all of your songs are played is very convenient and professional. After doing a Skype call, emailing, and texting back and forth before the wedding I felt like he tried to get to know us so well to have the perfect songs ready for our big day! We loved working with Billy and would recommend him over and over again!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/28/2019

Summers Wedding 09-28-2019

Wow! What an amazing job! I couldn’t have. Asked for a better person for the role. He was attentive to everything we needed/wanted for the wedding and so energetic. He was amazing with kiddos and the family. He truly kept everything on task. We met and discussed things as many times as I wanted. He was quick to respond and even willing to help remind me of things I needed. Worth every penny!! Thank you so much “Billy The Kid” we will definitely recommend you to other and use you in the future if we need another DJ. Thanks again!

Mr. and Mrs. Summers

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 6
    Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Bob

Bob Akin · Married on 09/27/2019

Best decision we made!

Billy did more than we could have asked for. Everything Billy did was professional and exactly what we asked him to do, From the planning stage to the day of execution, Billy was flawless and made our wedding and reception as special and beautiful as possible. Billy's attention to detail and willingness to do whatever we asked are just a couple of the many reasons why we are glad we chose Billy to be our wedding DJ. I would recommend Billy to anyone and everyone. Billy takes it very seriously, knows what to do from his experience, takes away the unnecessary pressures during your big day, and has fun while doing it. We can't thank Billy enough for all he did for our wedding and making it so special for us.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Kendra · Married on 09/07/2019

Best ever!!

Billy Quesenberry was awesome. Bride and groom were out of state and he arranged his schedule to meet them when in town. His set up and music were amazing. As the Emcee, he was incredible. Received so many compliments on how good music was and how smoothly things flowed. We had 278 guests and most stayed until the end because the music was so good. Billy did a great job of keeping people on the dance floor. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding on 9/1/19 Best DJ ever

Billy was the best DJ we could have ever hoped to find. He kept our crowd moving all night long. I can’t begin emphasize how pivotal Billy was in making our wedding smooth, entertaining, and most importantly fun. He had a hilarious game for dismissing tables, he was prompt and professional and made us feel confident everything would run perfectly, and it absolutely did. I would recommend Billy to any and everyone. He was the best choice for our wedding DJ and we are elated with the service we got.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Gwynne

Gwynne · Married on 08/31/2019

Best dj ever!

Billy (Q It Up Sounds) did such an amazing job at our wedding! He really set the mood for the entire event. I put his patience to the test leading up to the wedding because of all the changes I kept making, but he was so patient with me and stayed professional and upbeat the entire time. I really loved that he customized our playlist to match our nerdy personalities! It just made our night feel that much more special and unique. I also had a nearly impossible timeline for our wedding reception, but he helped us stay on track throughout the night, and everything went exactly how I wanted because of him. His quick responses were what initially sold me, but he's also very kind, professional, dependable, creative, and fun! Billy went above and beyond the extra mile for us even during set up and rehearsal, and we are so grateful for all of his hard work. Our wedding would not have been the success it was without him, and we are so glad we hired him! I highly recommend hiring Billy to anyone who wants to have an awesome event!!!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 08/24/2019

Fast, reliable, and prompt

He contacted me back within minutes of me reaching out on wedding wire and we booked him within the week. He was prompt to my late night questions, concerns about my wedding and everything under the sun about add on prices and options. We can't wait to dance on a cloud infront of our guests and to have such a reliable DJ that cares.

Sent on 01/20/2019

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment's reply:

Dominique! Thank you so much for your comments in your review! This was an unexpected surprise and I am so thrilled to read your excitement! I am also super pumped about the dancing on the cloud, it is going to be amazing!

Benjamin Kinard · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing!!!!!

DJ Q was perfect! We were always on the same page and he was very proactive about communicating with us to ensure that everything was just the way we wanted it on the day of our wedding. He was very friendly and made the evening so fun for everyone. Did a great job getting people on the dance floor and participating. Kept things moving so we stayed on schedule. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2019

Everybody raved about the DJ!

Everybody absolutely loved Billy, most importantly me and my fiancé did, too. We could not have asked for a better DJ before, during, and after the wedding. Billy was incredibly flexible with our schedule, he was enthusiastic, easy to talk to, loved his job, and tailored everything to us. I personally did not want to pick out a ton of music as it's a lot of work and time; Billy handled it all, and it was fantastic. He worked with me to flesh out my ideas for the wedding, and he was willing to do anything to make sure my day was the best day of my life - and he was very good at it, too. Working with Billy was amazing, and I recommend him for anybody.

During the wedding everybody loved him. The music choices were great, he made sure everybody was up and having fun, and he took care of me and my fiancé. The entire reception was incredibly fun, and he went along with my wedding party's antics which made the day that much more special.

Not only was he an incredible DJ and kept the party going throughout the night, he made the wedding go incredibly smoothly. Before the big day, he made a draft plan for the day of (something I'm so happy I didn't have to spend time planning), and went through it with me to make sure it was to my liking. Before the ceremony and after he made sure people knew what to do. During reception, before the big party started, he led the night - made sure I got plenty of time to walk around to each table to say hi, play the shoe game, cut the cake, you name it! He did this all while managing the music (again, great music choices!).

My fiancé and I, the guests, my family, the photographer, and even the caterers all said they thought he was amazing and one of the best DJs they've seen.

Sent on 09/08/2019

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! I was literally speechless when I read your review. To read how happy you & your guests were totally made my day! Patrick and you were so great to work with! I am humbled by your comments and I am very grateful for your kind words :).

amanda · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing experience so far!

My fiance and I hired Billy to be our DJ for our summer 2019 wedding. I originally called Billy in September to book and knew right away that he was our guy! He was so quick to respond and nothing but professional. He has been so helpful with suggesting cake bakeries, venues, and Videographers (not in a pushy manner, but in a helpful one). We are looking forward to working with Billy! I highly suggest him for your wedding day!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! That is a first time I have recieved a review before a wedding and that means so much to me! I can't wait to celebrate with you both and help make your day a so memorable!
  • Tara

Tara Cabral · Married on 07/06/2019

What an awesome DJ!!!

Billy was a dream to work with! We really enjoyed his attention to every detail and he was truly a professional! We couldn't recommend Billy high enough.....we are looking forward to the next time we can have him come back for another family get together.....he made everything so EASY! Billy is a GEM!!!

D & T Dreblow

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Eric

Eric Andrews · Married on 06/09/2019

Outstanding

Billy did an outstanding job, and having been to multiple weddings in the short time since ours, it apparent he is among the best out there at what he does. Cannot say enough about how great of a job he did!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Amy

Amy Bennett Murray · Married on 06/07/2019

The Best Indy DJ

My husband and I can't say enough good things about Billy! He worked with us so throughout the wedding planning process and made it easy to pick which songs we wanted, which we didn't, and how the day should flow. It was so nice we had him to rely on for our big day to ensure it went off smoothly! Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop saying what an amazing job he did- everyone was on the dance floor and we had the best time!! We are recommending him to every couple we know!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Amelia

Amelia Redding · Married on 05/25/2019

THE BEST VENDOR at our entire wedding.

Billy was THE BEST vendor at our wedding. He met us twice in person to discuss our likes and dislikes. My husband and I were feeling very low-key about the whole wedding, and we didn't realize how much thought and planning had to go into the reception... Billy basically PLANNED our reception for us. He made up a timeline for us that we could change as we wanted (and I did, up to the day before the wedding and he accomodated us happily). He helped us plan games and structures to keep our guests maximally entertained. He discussed stuff with us that we had never thought of-- can people request songs, do you have a do not play list? how do you want to be dismissed for dinner? etc. His experience was very apparent as he helped guide us through what we needed to make decisions on. He arrived at our venue hours before we did and was keeping people entertained and making announcements long before we showed up. He had special tricks (that I won't reveal) to get people on the dance floor.. and they worked! He is great at reading a room-- if a song isn't getting a lot of people out there, he fades it out and goes to another one. MOST IMPORTANTLY-- my guests loved him. We had a lot of people in their 20's and then a lot of people in their 50s-60s. He somehow was able to make a playlist for us that satisfied both. Many people told me he was THE BEST DJ they have ever seen at a wedding. I highly highly recommend him, he deserves way more than he charges.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Phoebe Lawrence · Married on 12/08/2018

Overall Great

Billy was fun to work with. He was easy to communicate with, played well to the crowd and everyone seemed to love him. His lighting set up made the room beautiful. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/17/2019

Carlie · Married on 11/03/2018

So much fun!

Billy made our reception so much fun, we had a great time and every single one of our guests said that we had the most fun wedding I've ever been to. It was all thanks to Billy and I would recommend him a hundred times.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 10/13/2018

Words cannot explain how incredible Billy was at our wedding tonight. We recieved so many compliments on his energy level to his incredibly bubbly and light personality.

His charisma level is unmatched and you can really tell he throws his all into what he does. We booked Billy nearly a year before our wedding day, and from that day on he has been our blessing in disguise, always having an answer or helping us to find one.

If you are looking for a fantastic DJ with a down to earth personality and passion to help every step of the way, I'd say you've found your guy.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Alee · Married on 10/08/2018

We loved working with Billy! He was incredibly helpful during the planning process. He worked hard during the reception to make sure we were getting what we wanted! He’s very professional and made our reception really fun! He did an amazing job! We HIGHLY recommend Q It Up!

DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 11
    DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 12
    DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 13
    DJ Q It Up Sounds and Entertainment 14
    Sent on 10/10/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing wedding DJ

Billy was a wonderful person! Very professional, flexible and easy to work with! He made sure our reception moved smoothly; aside from myself and my husband our friends and family had so much fun! One of the best days of my life and Billy had a big part to play in it! Thank you so much, Billy!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Devan

Devan · Married on 09/23/2018

Exceeded Expectations!

Billy was simply amazing! Not only was he a great DJ that all of our guests loved, but he is the reason our wedding went as smoothly as it did. If it wasn't for his organization skills, walking us through and creating our whole wedding timeline with us, and helping us find the perfect songs to fit our wedding vibe I don't know how our wedding would have gone, On our wedding day he was the one who made sure everything was going as planned and on time, got everyone on to the dance floor, and always made sure that everything was going just the way we had envisioned leaving us stress free the whole day! I would recommend him to anyone who wants an amazing DJ at an amazing price who is professional, easy to talk to,very responsive, and who genuinely cares about his clients. Thanks Billy for making our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Danica · Married on 09/08/2018

Billy was phenomenal!!! I have had more compliments over the last 3 weeks about our DJ and music for our wedding than we did for our food!!! We had people dancing all night long and he kept the dance floor hopping! There was hardly any room as he had most of the guests on their feet dancing!
    He was easy to work with and tons of fun, very professional and he had very nice up to date equipment that looked good (not tacky like a lot of DJs!) at our reception!
    Thanks a ton Billy!!! I’ve already recommended you to several brides!

Sent on 09/27/2018