Purgatory Golf Club Reviews

Purgatory Golf Club 4
Purgatory Golf Club 5

3.8
      3.5

Having Purgatory as our wedding ceremony venue & reception venue was an okay experience. The inside is beautiful but I despised the outdoor ceremony area. The tent that is required to be up from May to October is nothing short of hideous. I loved Mandy the event coordinator though. She was very flexible with me but sometimes took long to respond to my calls or messages. We were on a crunch for finding a venue and that's why we chose this venue but the value wasn't that great either. The food was made with our own recipe & ingredients and turned out better than expected except for the rice which I did not give instructions for because he assured me that he knew how to prepare.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Lindsey · Married on 12/08/2012

2.6
      1.0
      3.0
      2.0

I really hate rating purgatory this low as their venue is absolutely beautiful. However, their staff definitely has room for improvement. Their long time chef and event coordinator left after we had already chosen this venue for our event and were disappointed with the replacement. Their event coordinator was very helpful in the beginning but became increasingly rude. Her behavior at my rehearsal was down right embarrassing. When a guest at our wedding told one of the servers that she had steak and not the chicken she was served, the server told her they were out of steak so she could have chicken or nothing. We payed to have bottles of champagne on each table for toasts and when my father gave his the champage was not on the table so my guests held empty glasses up. We paid for an open bar and had a party loving crowd but the bartenders seemed resentful about actually being expected to work. The food was also just ok. When we booked the venue we were promised that they did not serve "wedding food". That is exactly what we got. If Purgatory would make staff changes and opt for more experienced, professional individuals this would be an amazing venue and great value.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Beth · Married on 09/16/2017

1.8
      1.0
      3.0
      1.5

We had our wedding here approximately one month ago. As a warning to brides, if you'd prefer to have a stress-free day, go elsewhere.
    We had a horrible experience with Samantha. Communication was poor on the day of the rehearsal and on the wedding day. Her attitude and her communication was so poor that our outside vendors have made the comment that, if asked, they would not do another event here. She was incredibly rude to me, to my mother-in-law, to my guests, and to our vendors.
    During our reception, golfers were eating our appetizers and drinking from our kegs. Our guests were less than impressed with the food.
    Completely unacceptable business practice.
    Again, as a wedding venue, I recommend going elsewhere.

Sent on 10/10/2017