PurelyRuined Studios Reviews

40 Reviews for PurelyRuined Studios

PurelyRuined Studios 1
PurelyRuined Studios 2

Robyn · Married on 09/30/2017

I knew I wanted Holly and Ryan to cover my wedding day after seeing what an amazing job they did capturing my sisters wedding the previous year. My husband and I live in Dallas (but got married in Austin) so we got to know Holly and Ryan over Skype. We felt like they truly wanted to get to know us which was nice since they would be capturing the most important day of our lives! Holly and Ryan are SO creative and artistic. They put together the most beautiful highlight video for us along with videos of the toasts and full ceremony. My husband and I didn't know exactly what we wanted in our video and probably weren't much help when asked about our preferences. This didn't stop Holly and Ryan from getting to know our story, figuring out what was important to us, and creating the most perfect film that was exactly what we wanted (we just didn't know it yet)! I would highly recommend PurelyRuined Studios and am so thankful we were able to have them capture our special day.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Erin · Married on 07/01/2017

Holly and Ryan with Purely Ruined Studios are absolutely amazing. They take the time to get to know their couples and really give them a unique video that really represents the couple. Every single one of their videos are different and don’t follow a pattern or template like some other videographers out there. I wanted an original video that wasn't going to be just like the others. I wanted it to be a fun, upbeat video that really captured my husband and me as a couple. I think that Purely Ruined hit the nail on the head with our video. We absolutely love everything about our video. They were able to capture the love and silliness of our wedding day and also highlight some of our favorite moments throughout the day. We cannot wait to watch this every year on our anniversary!

Holly and Ryan were very professional, quick to answer my many emails/questions, and always willing to listen to my thoughts. Also, Holly was so supportive on my wedding day when family members were stressed out and running all over the place. She really helped me not get swept up in the mess of it all and reassured me that it would be fine! My husband and I both really enjoyed getting to know them throughout this process and even asked them to hang out with us after the wedding was all over and done with. :)

We could not recommend Purely Ruined Studios more. They go above and beyond to make their clients day and really prioritize their couples over anything else. They even provided us a few stills from our video to use for Holiday Cards this year since our photos aren't ready yet! In my opinion, Holly and Ryan are the most talented and down to earth videographers in the Austin area. I wish them all the success in the world and truly think that all couples should use them for their wedding day. Thank you Purely Ruined Studios!

Sent on 12/11/2017
    PurelyRuined Studios 3
    PurelyRuined Studios 4

Dianna · Married on 05/21/2017

Purely Ruined Studios did an amazing job! We could not have been happier with the final piece. They were easy to work with and definitely deliver a fantastic product for the budget. Definitely worth every penny!! So thankful we have this beautiful film to treasure forever. HIGHLY RECOMMEND hiring them and investing in a wedding video. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Brooke · Married on 05/21/2017

We couldn't be happier with our wedding video from PurelyRuinded Studios. Holly and Ryan are so talented and made our dream wedding video that will we cherish forever. They are an amazing team and work so efficiently together. They are professional and personable. We cannot thank them enough for putting so much time and effort into creating our video :)

Sent on 10/24/2017
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2017

How can I describe how amazing Holly and Ryan are in only a few short words? From day one they made sure to get to know my husband and I on a personal level. Holly took us out for coffee and met with me on a few occasions. She kept in touch and I felt like she had become one of my closest friends. After our wedding and we received our videos - our friends and family were in complete awe of how incredible the videos turned out. Because of Holly and Ryan, we will be able to relive our special day for forever with an absolutely beautiful film. Thank you both for so beautifully capturing our wedding day!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Morgan · Married on 03/17/2017

Holly and Ryan are absolutely amazing to work with and a joy to be around!! They helped make our wedding day better than we could have ever imagined! They are absolutely worth every penny!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Lauren · Married on 01/21/2017

I cannot even begin to express the gratitude we have for Holly and Ryan! All of our friends explained to us the importance of having a videographer and they certainly did not let us down. They were helpful, kind, and most importantly created a breathtaking video of our most special day! They captured every single memorable moment beautifully and our love perfectly and we will cherish our video for the rest of our life! Thank you!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Lauren,
    This makes us so happy to hear! Your wedding was unforgettable and Im still baffled of how much you two love one another. Your wedding was breathtaking and an amazing thing to be a part of. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for having us there!

Brooke · Married on 12/02/2016

We absolutely love having our video. It is so special to have the words from our family and share in those special moments.

Sent on 06/26/2017

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke! Your wedding was one to remember for sure. The support from your family was overwhelmingly beautiful! Thank you for having us, it was a real blessing to witness and be a part of the day.

Tiffany · Married on 11/13/2016

Everything came out so magical! We couldn't have asked for a better team to capture our special day! Holly and Ryan really captured all of our detailed items so beautifully and made for such a special memory to have always!!! We really felt like we had our story told to the fullest!

Sent on 06/05/2017

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

Tiffany this makes me so happy! I know that with your day and your project we have been so careful to make sure we highlight all of the wonderful family history of your day! You put so much blood, sweat and tears into your wedding day and it all was so stunning! Also your vows were so creative and beautiful it really tied the whole video together. Thank you so much for hiring us and giving us the privilege to be there on such an amazing day.

samantha · Married on 04/30/2016

Definitely book Holly and Ryan - if they have availability! They have an amazing ability to capture the emotion, moment, and story behind the event. We loved working with them and they made us feel so at ease on our wedding day. They're the best!

Thank you Samantha!
    You two are one of the most fun couples we've had, your laughter is infectious and your moments are timeless.....It has been an amazing journey to see all of it come together and I love how we have even grown in friendship and possibly doing other projects together in the future!

Elysse · Married on 04/23/2016

Holly and Ryan become more than a company you hire for your wedding,they become your friends. You don't see them as someone you talk to once or twice before your wedding. They checkup on you to make sure everything is going well an to see if you need anything. During our wedding Holly would make sure I was doing okay&if I needed anything. They communicate every detail with you before and after your after. I would highly recommend Purely Ruined to everyone I know??

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Elysse! Its been so great to be able to get to know you two and grow in friendship :) and now we feel so blessed to watch you two go on adventures and grow as a family! Your wedding day was one to remember for us with using new equipment and improving our skills. It was so amazing to work with you guys <3

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2016

I still can't get over how truly AMAZING our wedding highlight video turned out! Holly and Ryan did such a beautiful job showcasing the love and joy of our wedding day. We still find ourselves watching the video in awe and are so grateful for the hard work and love that they put into making that video for us. My husband was skeptical at first as to why we needed a videographer in the initial planning, but now he tells me it was the BEST money we spent to have those memories forever in the perfect video. Hire Holly & Ryan; they are so sweet, easy to work with, talented, and extremely personable and love the work that they do! You can tell they really care about their customers and will jump through hoops to deliver a perfect wedding video! Couldn't have asked for better videographers. #1 for sure!
    Here is the link to our highlight video by PurelyRuined Studios:

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

wow, thank you so much Jessica! Reading this just warms our hearts and makes us feel like we just won an Oscar! This is what we work for, this is our hearts desire, for you to feel this way about your wedding day! You two are such a fun couple and every time I think back on your day I wish we could go right back and do it all over again.

Chase · Married on 03/04/2016

PurelyRuined did an amazing job on our wedding video. We were very pleased with them throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend their service.

Sent on 07/26/2017

David · Married on 02/27/2016

Great people and great work! Very easy to work with, friendly and reliable. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great wedding video!

Sent on 11/07/2016

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! The qualities you've mentioned are what we work towards and it is always great to know our clients feel this way.

Savannah · Married on 11/22/2014

HOLY COW. AMAZING. TALENTED. PROFESSIONAL. SWEET. ROMANTIC. OUTSTANDING.

It is difficult to know where to start on my experience with Purely Ruined Studios. From the very beginning, they were amazing. I met them at the bridal extravaganza in Austin and I am so glad that I did. My husband and I felt such a strong connection to them but unfortunately couldn’t afford a videographer to fit within our budget. Ryan and Holly worked with us on pricing and pursued our priorities and desires so well. They were extremely communicative and responsive to our suggestions throughout the entire planning process. At the wedding, they were AMAZING. They were so sweet, encouraging and professional. They made us feel so special and cared for – my entire family absolutely loved them and had so many nice things to say about them. Holly and Ryan made us feel so encouraged and excited about our day. After the wedding, they remained in contact with us almost weekly to keep us updated on the progress of the video. We knew we liked Ryan and Holly as people and agreed that they were so wonderful to have at the wedding…we did expect to have a wonderful video from these two, but it hugely exceeded our expectations. The quality, the amount of footage captured and the flow of the video were extraordinary. We felt so much love at our wedding and the video that they made captured ALL of the love SO WELL. My husband and I watched it together and both had tears streaming down our faces as we watched it. After seeing what they did for us, I can’t imagine not having them. They have been such a blessing so my husband and I and we would hire them over and over again. We would HIGHLY recommend them to film your wedding!

Sent on 07/12/2015

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

Wow, what a review! I am humbled and so thankful to have met you two and your amazing family! I am kinda speechless after reading this review so all I can say is thank you and it is our dream to make you guys feel this way about your wedding video!

Clarissa · Married on 10/04/2014

When we got engaged a videographer just wasn't an option due the budget. Well one day I was on WeddingWire and just thought why don't I look around and see the prices along with quality, because why pay big bucks for something that could've been filmed with my iphone camera. When I came across PurelyRuined I said to myself, Okay that's a reasonable price let's see how good their videos are...and boy was I shocked. Ryan & Holly have truly found their calling, because their work is impeccable! After everything was said and done and the night went by in a flash, I was so thankful that we opted for a videographer and not just any videographer, the best! And not just because of their reasonable prices, or their quality, because these two are simply amazing I couldn't have imagined my day without Holly by my side being as sweet as ever...even offering to help with things! I feel so blessed to have them capture our day, it was the best wedding decision we made by far!

oh Clarissa,
    You are seriously making me cry reading this! This is our goal in our job and everyday work, is to make you and other brides feel this way about their day and their choice in booking a videographer! Your review is only spuring me on to be a better business and produce better wedding videos for those couples! Your wedding was truly one of the most fun, simple and smooth weddings we have done! Thank you for your review!
  • Tracey

Tracey · Married on 10/02/2014

We couldn't have been more happy with the level of service that was provided to us from Holly and Ryan. They were the perfect fit for us and our wedding. We love how the team fit right in with our wedding and the guests. We got raves from all of our guests about the friendliness and professionalism. If you are looking for ease, not in your face, creativeness, friendly, worth the dollar amount, then Holly and Ryan are for you.

Thank you so much, with all of our love and gratefulness

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

wow, thank you so much Tracey for your amazing review. Ryan and I strive for all of the things you've mentioned. Your day is more than just an event and it is full with people you care about so we do our best to be all of those things and have found it produces some of the best footage.

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2014

I knew that I wanted a super star videographer and photographer for my wedding, and when I found PurelyRuined, I had found my match! They did not disappoint us either! I have been blown away at the quality of their videography skills, and they placed the music perfectly with our video. I have watched our highlight video about 50 times already (and they just released it a few hours ago!). I am so proud of it. We had asked them to choose a song, whatever they thought was best... and they don't yet know this, but there is a line in the song they chose that totally reminds me of my Dad (who has passed) at the EXACT moment when the video shows my Mom and I are walking down the aisle. It says, "you caught me with your sideways smile"... I have always joked about and loved my Dad's sideways smile. Coincidence? I think not.
    These videographers are complete professionals and super sweet to boot. They truly caught the best moments of our wedding, and placed them in our highlight video! I was initially intrigued by their name, PurelyRuined, but now I am intrigued by their TALENT. So amazing.

Sent on 11/22/2014

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

wow! What can we say? This just gave me chills reading this...thank you Jessica! It is so amazing to know how much this touches you. Our goal is to make the best video we can for you are we are so happy you feel we have!

Ashlee · Married on 09/20/2014

I was on the fence about whether or not to have a videographer for our wedding. I wasn't sure we could afford one. Holly and Ryan were so much more affordable than anyone else I looked at. We got them for the whole day for the price of what some were charging for just the ceremony. I previewed some of their other work on their website and was so impressed with the quality. It was exactly the style that I wanted for our day. My husband was worried that having a videographer would feel like you had a camera following you around in your face all night and was not too thrilled about it, but I honestly hardly noticed that they were there the whole day. They were so friendly and fun. Holly just fit in with us girls like she was one of our friends. They worked so well with our other vendors too. They were flexible with what we wanted to have captured. All around a great husband/wife team. I loved working with them!

Ashlee · Married on 09/20/2014

Holly and Ryan were so easy to work with! They were so professional, and fun! We only met them two days before our wedding, but the day of the event they just felt like our friends. I am so happy that we found them!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Ryan and Holly from PurelyRuined Studios were phenomenal to work with. Not only did our highlight video turn out great, but their helpfulness and professionalism on the wedding day was a huge help! I was a little worried about having so many people with cameras walking around (I also had two photographers). I was afraid it might feel like everyone was in the way or a distraction from the reality/real moments of the day. However, this was not the case at all, as I hardly noticed Ryan and Holly videoing through the day and they got great footage!
    Holly doesn't know this, but I also watched her helping one of my guests who had a food allergy but did not get the right meal. She went immediately to get the server and make sure my guest was taken care of. She went above and beyond her video responsibilities to help make sure I had a smooth day.
    Everyone who has seen our highlight video has commented on how emotionally moving it was, and most people ended up in tears. I can't wait to see the final edit of our wedding!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Leslie · Married on 06/14/2014

This service was by far the best gift my husband and I could've ever given each other. I reviewed about 50 companies for months before stumbling upon this one on WW and it was a divine intervention! My husband and I had a love story and a wedding day package done by Holly and Ryan and are so blown away at the amount of kindness and just ease this couple gave us through the whole process.We made a friendship through this experience that made the wedding day feel so much more loved with them filming right next to us. The time they put into making their videos tailored to represent your style as a couple and little details Holly added make everything absolutely priceless. Everything I was looking for and more without a doubt.

Sent on 07/01/2014

PurelyRuined Studios's reply:

I am speechless and everyday I can't believe this is my job. We are so thankful to have meet you guys as well! what a great start to a friendship.

Christa · Married on 04/10/2014

Videography was not something my Husband had originally thought would fit in our budget. After a bit he decided it would be worth it and it was what I wanted so he gifted it to me. After looking through many videographers I found Holly and Ryan and chose them because their packages were reasonably priced and their work was amazing! They did a fantastic job on our video and are two of the sweetest people to work with. They took every thought and consideration I had and listened to it. I couldn't be more happy with the final product that I have to show my future kids and grandkids one day. If I could have had anything at the wedding it would have been this. Thank you both so much!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Lindsey · Married on 03/29/2014

There are no amount of words that can sum up the truly unique and beautiful work that Holly and Ryan create! This husband and wife duo are the ultimate team when it comes to capturing any special occasion. They are such genuine people and diligently work with their clients in order to produce the best outcome. I never would have imagined that one day I would have this remarkable wedding video. Every time I watch it, I feel the amazing emotions and feelings from that very day. Don't hesitate to hire this exceptional team for your wedding or any special event you'd like to document! You'll gain the most rewarding footage that you'll always treasure. We are forever grateful and will continue to use their services for many years to come!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Dominic · Married on 03/29/2014

Initially, we hadn't even considered booking a videographer for our wedding. But when we came across Holly and Ryan's work online, we were simply blown away! We booked them for our wedding knowing they would capture the most important moments of our life in a beautiful way. Both Holly and Ryan of Purely Ruined Studios were an absolute pleasure to work with and were always willing to take the extra step to provide the most amazing product possible. We were constantly impressed by their professionalism and fun, uplifting style. They are a joy to have at a wedding or any event!

Sent on 10/12/2014