Pure in Art Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Abby
    Abby M. Getting married on 03/11/2023

Tina is the best!

My fiance and I have had the best experience working with Tina for our engagement photos and wedding. Not only is Tina one of the nicest people ever, but she is also an incredible photographer. She is very responsive, flexible, and so talented. We just got our engagement photos back from her and we absolutely love them. Tina was the photographer for my sister's wedding and after meeting her and seeing her work we knew we wanted her to be our photographer, too. We do not have enough good things to say about Tina! If you are looking for a wedding photographer, I highly recommend her!
  • Genna
    Genna E. Married on 10/02/2021

Pure In Art = The Best

Selecting a wedding photographer was an important part of the planning process. We knew that when vetting photographers, we wanted one that would be versatile. Not only did we want photos that we could print, we wanted candid shots that captured what it was like to actually be at the event. The photographer is someone who is extra eyes during a once in a lifetime event. Selecting Tina Kraemer + Pure In Art was one of the best choices we could have made – we have timeless memories from our extra eyes. Our photos exceeded our expectations because they were aesthetically beautiful, not over edited, and incorporated every thoughtful detail. Additionally, Tina was resourceful. She took the time to scope out a variety of locations, made us feel comfortable throughout the event, was incredibly organized during family photos (we had a LOT of people), and did a phenomenal job navigating the day. On our wedding day, it rained. We had to work with the weather and change the timeline multiple times. Fortunately for us, this had no impact on our final photography deliverable because Tina had a back up plan without compromising quality, aesthetic, or capturing each portion of our event. Aside from her unparalleled skill, Tina is personable. She has a way of connecting with the customer quickly as if you had been friends for years which is helpful when you and your partner share intimate moments throughout your wedding day. We loved our wedding day, we loved our vendor team and we are beyond fortunate to have shared that with Pure In Art Photography.
  • Lauren
    Lauren P. Married on 05/01/2021

Look no further - Tina is the perfect wedding photographer!

Choosing Tina with Pure in Art was one of the best decisions that I made for the wedding! I found Tina when researching photos of wedding venues and became obsessed with her style and the quality of her work. I went in to our introduction meeting knowing that she was an excellent photographer, and I left knowing that she was an equally great person. Within the first five minutes of the meeting, I knew that Tina was my dream wedding photographer. She asked so many thoughtful questions to get to know me and my fiancé, which made it clear that she truly cared about each of her clients. From that first meeting to the final photo reveal session, she provided so much help and support throughout the wedding planning process. She shared an excellent preferred vendor list, which took ALL of the stress out of choosing vendors, and regularly checked-in to make sure the planning was going well.

Tina brought so much joy to our wedding day! Despite never having met in person, it felt like seeing a old friend since she had been so intentional about getting to know us leading up to the wedding. After a quick intro, she memorized the names of the bridal party and did such a great job directing people (by name!) to avoid any awkward poses. She also did an incredible job in capturing so many special moments during the day. Some of my favorite pictures are of our guests at cocktail hour since they are a great memory of our family and friends that helped us celebrate. Tina and her assistant photograph did an excellent job in capturing these photos of our guests and we received SO MANY compliments from our wedding guests about how amazing she was.

I cried tears of joy during our photo reveal session when I saw the incredible work that Tina produced. The wedding album that Tina created truly tells the story of our wedding day. I will be forever grateful for Tina's ability to perfectly capture the love and joy that I felt on my wedding day.
  • Joe
    Joe C. Married on 05/01/2021

Pure in Art Photography Review

I have never been to a wedding before where so many of the guests commented on how amazing the photographer was prior to seeing any of the pictures. Tina was perfect. She's extremely friendly, professional, and thoughtful. Her friendly attitude made both our bridal party and our bride and groom photos fly by (which alleviated a concern of mine as I typically do not care for taking photos). She floated effortlessly around the cocktail hour and the reception and was able to capture both portrait shots of many of our guests but also great candid shots. The photos we received captured the look and feel we had envisioned for our wedding. Tina's skill was evident throughout our wedding and its planning: in capturing our preferences, staging our shots, capturing a gorgeous sunset, designing our wedding book, and even just getting to know us as a couple despite us living in Chicago. She's well worth the investment and will be one of the highlights of your weekend.
  • Victoria
    Victoria J. Married on 11/14/2020

Jaw Dropping Results!

Tina is just the sweetest human and oh so talented! So first of all she wasn’t even my original photographer – my original photographer for my husband’s wedding gift (boudoir book) had a family emergency the night before the shoot. I couldn’t reschedule because I had booked a nonrefundable hotel room and had it all worked out so that my fiancé (at the time) didn’t know what I was up to. So, Tina at the very last minute saves the day and by the grace of God is able to do the shoot. I was a little nervous being that the boudoir shoot is nerve-wracking as is and then I had this wrench thrown into my plans. However, Tina immediately calmed my nerves. She was INCREDIBLE, she made me feel so comfortable, so sexy, and we had SO MUCH FUN!

She was amazing at directing me, as I had really never been in front of a camera before. She was able to see every detail and adjust me accordingly she has a serious talent that shows in the final product. Every step of the boudoir process with Tina was seamless. Post photoshoot we went over the photos and I was floored! We sifted through them together to pick the ones that we thought he would love the most to put in the book. Once we had selected our top 20ish, which was no easy task, she went over any edits I would like done to them – amazing! Just a few weeks later my book was ready, it was STUNNING. I had to hold onto it for a few weeks before he got to see it and I was dying in anticipation. I gave it to him on our wedding night and let me tell you his jaw hit the ground. All he kept saying was “oh my, you look so good” over and over. So I’d say the boudoir shoot/gift was a major success!

Thank you, Tina, for all your hard work and sharing your talent with us, you’re amazing! For those reading this review thinking “ahh it’s so expensive, should I really do it?” YES, do it!!! It is pricier but let me tell you it is worth it!
  • Aubrey
    Aubrey Married on 09/06/2020

Hands down best decision!

Tina with Pure in Art Photography was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding day! First of all, her photos speak for themselves… she’s a superb photographer and true artist. But second of all, Tina is a dream to work with! She made everything so fun and easy! I’ve never had professional photos taken so I was a bit nervous to step in front of the camera, but Tina guided us so effortlessly through them to create the most beautiful photos that captured the love and feeling of our wedding day so perfectly! I knew after our engagement session with Tina that we made the right choice; I immediately felt so much relief heading into our wedding day with her behind the camera.

But Tina was so much more than our wedding photographer.. she guided us through the entire process! From the day we hired her I felt like I had an ally in the industry. She sent a preferred vendor list, made sure to give her guidance on MUCH more than photography, and by the time we got to the wedding day she made sure we were 100% ready for everything. She even finalized our day of timeline and sent it to all the other vendors for us. I can’t tell you how valuable Tina became to our peace of mind. She clearly loves what she does and you can tell that in the love and care she puts into everything she does for you.

When I look at our wedding photos I can feel and see the happiness of our day and that is priceless. Thank you for everything Tina!
    Bianca Married on 02/15/2020

Organized, professional, and the BEST at what she does!

Our wedding planning was a little different compared to the “average” couple. My fiancé and I decided we wanted as long of an engagement as possible to avoid the stress of wedding planning. I do not recall the exact moment that my fiancé approached me about this “amazing photographer,” who she absolutely loved and HAD TO have. Knowing me, I probably was just happy that she made such a quick decision! I later found out Tina photographed my cousin’s wedding which I was not able to attend, so when I found out the amazing photographs that my cousin shared of her wedding were Tina’s, I knew she made the right choice. I assumed that picking a photographer based on that was the end of it. For the next months and year(s), Tina was constantly checking in with us, which I loved because it always seemed to be at a time when my fiancé was overwhelmed with wedding stuff. I was always so appreciative of that!
    The majority of the correspondence was between Tina and my fiancé, and I was totally fine with that. My fiancé always kept me involved with the planning, or, at least, as involved as I wanted to be. She did, however, know that there were some things that I knew I wanted in the wedding. The first, above everything, being seeing her, for the first time, walking down the aisle. A little background on my wife and my relationship, I was after her for several years before she finally took a chance on me. Even before we were together, I knew she was the one I was going to marry, which meant a lot of years thinking about that day. I remember thinking about my reaction when I would finally get to see her in her beautiful dress, walking down the aisle. So, when the question of a “first look” came up, I quickly scoffed at that idea. It just did not jive with what I wanted. My fiancé agreed at the time, as part of her felt the same way. But it resurfaced in conversations we had later on. We talked about some of the benefits that Tina mentioned to us. We discussed how it would open time for other things, like being able to spend more time with our loved ones during the reception. Eventually, we decided on doing the first look.
    As the day got closer, I recall talking to my fiancé about how, as time passed, the idea of the “first look” grew on me. Still, I was bummed that the first time I would be seeing her wouldn’t be in front of our loved ones, and wouldn’t be the traditional way I had always pictured. At one point, during the reception, I approached Tina to thank her for bringing up the idea of the “first look.” I thanked her because there was so much about it that I actually loved! As begrudgingly as I may agreed to it at first, that was the best decision I ever made! I loved that I had that time with my fiancé, alone. I loved that there wasn’t this pressure on me to look emotional when my bride was walking down the aisle. It let me relax and be who I was in that moment. Weddings are stressful! As much as most of us guys like to think it’s not the case for us and that it all falls on the woman, no matter how much or little you are involved in the planning process, we experience that stress. Having the first look, for me, allowed me to relax, but most importantly, it let me be in the moment and those memories, in my mind, are the most important thing I could have taken away from our wedding day.
    Emily B. Married on 01/10/2020

Perfectly captured our wedding day!

Tina, owner of Pure In Art Photography, photographed our wedding in October and we could not be more pleased with both the results and the experience of working with Tina!
    Her perspective:
    The images perfectly capture everything from the details of the day to sweet moments shared with grandparents and everything in-between. So many people have complimented how beautiful our wedding photos turned out! Tina was so easy to work with and she made us feel at ease and completely comfortable. We very much enjoyed getting to know Tina before our wedding day through phone and email correspondence and our Sweetheart engagement shoot. Tina makes a great effort to get to know her clients on a personal level. We will cherish re-living and sharing our wedding day through these photographs for the rest of our lives!
    His perspective:
    What a professional! Of all the things we stressed over during the wedding process we never stressed about our photos. Tina delivered on everything we wanted and so much more. As someone who doesn’t particularly enjoy having photos taken, Tina made the process easy and enjoyable. The results are incredible and we enjoy re-living our wedding day through the photos all the time. We couldn’t recommend Tina enough.
    Brad and Emily
    Louie R. Married on 06/28/2019

Simply Phenomenal!

Tina made my fiancé and I's experience one to remember. The photo's speak for themselves, but the personal touch and how much work that Tina puts into her couples is phenomenal. Tina is extremely friendly, always smiling, and knows how to make you laugh. When we asked her for idea's she shot them our way and is an expert when it comes to lighting and photo positions. I would not recommend anyone else! Thank you so much Tina for making our afternoon with you for our engagement shoot just magical!!!! - The Groom
    Morgan V. Married on 06/28/2019

Seriously, Tina is the BEST photographer. EVER!

I have had the opportunity to work with other photographers for photo shoots, but none of them compare to Tina's work. There is a reason she has five stars and nothing but positive reviews because the quality of pictures and memories are beyond amazing. Truly, I have never seen better pictures then the ones that Tina provided us. Her phenomenal customer service, beautiful smile, and contagious personality made our afternoon and day together one to remember. Whatever you are looking for in a photographer, look no further then Tina. I PROMSE YOU, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
  • Jamie
    Jamie G. Married on 05/10/2019

Tina is amazing at capturing intimate moments

Tina is a pure joy to work with and is great at making her subjects feel comfortable, even if they've never been professionally photographed before.
    Megan Married on 05/04/2019

An amazing experience with Tina!

Our whole experience with Tina was more than I ever expected. Tina is not only an amazing photography, but she really takes time to get to know her clients and meet their needs. Her expertise and attention to details helped us with so many other parts leading up to the wedding as well which really eased the our planning process. It felt like we were working with an old friend. Throughout all our wedding planning we felt so thankful to be working with Tina, as she puts so much thought and care into everything she does. I can't recommend her enough! She's talented at taking photos and makes you feel at ease; after such a fun time at our engagement shoot and knew we had picked the right person for our wedding day. Her associates were also amazing and were so fun to work with. My bridesmaids also commented on how wonderful they they were to work with. They did a great job quickly organizing family portraits and also capturing us and our family and friend "in the moment." We enjoyed working with Tina so much and our wedding photos turned our absolutely beautiful!
  • Danielle
    Danielle M. Married on 05/04/2019

Amazingly Talented, Easy to work with, BOOK HER!

From the moment Tina and I started, the experience was nothing short of amazing. From small surprises, to a seamless and phenomenal engagement session, and the wedding (somehow she captured it all without anyone noticing). I was simply floored when I saw the photos. We booked her for her gift to find the magic - and it was the BEST investment we made. Tina is amazing!
    Grace Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing!

Tina was truly amazing. When we met her at our engagement shoot, we felt like she was already our friend! She is kind, compassionate and talented. During our wedding, she got so many amazing photos, yet we hardly knew she was there! She was discrete, yet she knew just what to say to make us look good :) She took amazing candid shots. Everyone from the wedding just keeps talking about how incredible she was! We were so lucky that she was our photographer and we look forward to using her for more events in our life :)

xoxo
    Grace+Danny
    Kathya Married on 10/13/2018

The BEST photographer ever!

Where to begin! Tina was recommended to me by a family friend who had just hired her as her wedding photographer. Being that she is also a photographer, I knew Tina had to have something special to catch her eye. Photography was the first thing on my to do list for our wedding. From our first interaction, Tina was so friendly and made sure we were a good fit for one another, getting ideas of what we were looking for in a photographer. We had our first and only meeting prior to our engagement session via Skype and instantly felt a connection. The communication was clear, quick, and no question was left unanswered. Our engagement session was on THE windiest day ever. However, I wasn't worried because I knew Tina could make it work. Not only were our photos beautiful, but she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. It was fun, easy, and natural. On the day of our wedding, we had nonstop rain, which didn't seem to phase Tina or her assistants. Our photos were nothing short of incredible. Every detail and emotion was captured so perfectly, it made those who couldn't attend feel as if they were there. We have loved looking back at our photos and reliving our wedding day, thanks to Tina. The quality of her photos and the emotions she captures is what sets her apart from others. Her support and guidance throughout the planning process made her feel more like a friend than a vendor, we are so blessed to have met her. Five stars just isn't enough!
    Brittany Married on 10/28/2017
    Tina is amazing! She is professional and makes you feel so comfortable. She really knows what she is doing and listens to your wants and needs. Tina was the best vendor out of all our wedding vendors! She takes the stress off you because you know you’ll have amazing pictures to look back on.
    Steven Married on 10/14/2017
    Tina is the best!! She goes above and beyond on your special day!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Thank you again for the outstanding pictures of our special day!! :)
    Eva Married on 10/07/2017
    Words can't describe how much I loved every minute of working with Tina! She truly got to know my husband and I before our wedding day so we felt 100% comfortable with her on the almost important day of our lives! My huband and I sit down every month and looking through our photos, remember what a spectacular breathtaking day it was all due to Tina capturing every single emotion!
    Aleen Married on 09/02/2017
    The absolute BEST!!!
    Tina is an amazing photographer! She made everyone feel comfortable on the day of the wedding, especially us- the bride and groom. She has so much energy and is truly passionate about what she does. Her attention to detail is impeccable. We have received and continue to receive so many compliments on our photos. We did our engagement session with Tina and couldn't be more impressed with how far she was willing to go to capture the perfect shot...even if it means getting completely soaked.
    We highly recommend Tina and Pure in Art Photography. Thank you, Tina!!!
    Ross Married on 04/15/2017
    As the groom, I have to be honest and say at the outset I was a little skeptical about whether spending $3k on a photographer was really worthwhile. However, I knew how much getting a good photographer meant to my wife to be, so I acquiesced. In hindsight, as usual she was right and I was wrong - it's one of the best investments we've ever made together. I'm still frequently looking back at our photos and smiling.

Tina has a wonderful gift for using natural light, and capturing intimate, funny and beautiful moments both of her subjects, and the environment around them. For us she did both an engagement photo session a couple of months before the wedding, and shot almost all of our wedding day with a second photographer helping her out. She did a fantastic job at putting us at ease, helping us pose naturally when needed, and was responsive to all of our requests and ideas. Finally, she's simply a really nice, kind and genuine person. You simply can't go wrong with her in my opinion.
    Joshua Married on 04/01/2017
    Seriously the best photographer I could have asked for! Worth every penny! I work in customer service and the way Tina handles the flow of the wedding and makes you feel calm knowing that the photography is on lock!
    Sarah Married on 03/25/2017
    Tina did such an amazing job start to finish! She is so sweet and personable, and made each photo shoot so easy and fun! I cannot thank her enough! Her photos are AMAZING, and one of my favorite things about that day is re-living it through her camera lens! Thank you so much Tina!
    Lisa Married on 03/05/2017
    Tina is amazing. End of story. Not only is she a fantastic photographer, but she is such a great person as well. We did engagement photos with her (despite my fiance's reservations) and I am SO glad that we did. They are the best pictures I have ever had taken. She has an eye for the setting and light that is just natural talent honed to perfection with years of practice. Also, her infectious laugh and overall positive energy made us feel at ease during what is normally an awkward experience, haha. I haven't seen our wedding photos yet, but I know they will be absolutely breathtaking. Tina's passion for her work is so incredibly evident in the way her eyes light up when she sees a perfect setting with perfect light. I felt 100% comfortable letting her take the lead on everything on my wedding day and knew I was in the best hands. If she wasn't my photographer, I would have invited her to my wedding as a friend. I am so glad I met her :-) Don't hesitate- book her now! <3
    Ryan Married on 11/05/2016
    Awesome service, I would recommend her for any occasion!
    Alexandra Married on 10/29/2016
    My advice if you want a fun and personalized wedding photography experience is to go with Pure in Art Photography. I would encourage couples to view several of Tina's wedding albums and then go to other photography sites. You'll know for sure that Tina is one of the best once you compare her work to others.