Pure Energy DJ Service Reviews

24 | San Diego, CA

24 Reviews for Pure Energy DJ Service

Elicia Keach · Married on 08/17/2019

Ruben was perfect!

There are too many wonderful things to say about Ruben but he was absolutely amazing and made my wedding PERFECT! He was professional, flexible, available and really put my mind to ease in helping plan my timeline. I didn't want the party to end and my guests RAVED about him!! 1,000% would use him again. You will NOT be disappointed. The best DJ I have ever experienced!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Rayane · Married on 06/22/2019

You will regret it if you don't hire Pure Energy

DJ Ruben was amazing! He was at my brother in laws birthday bash and I grabbed his cards. Over 3 years later I contacted him and asked if he's available for my wedding. DJ Ruben took his time to explain the process since I attended weddings and never in them lol. He educated me on why I should hire DJ with experience and he help me came up with timeline for event. THAT IS A HUGE HELP. My ceremony started an hour late( he suggested to do 10 min delay since weddings don't start on time) and he got the crowd going, were able to do all of the events despite starting late. I really thought that were going to be on time lol. He worked with last min things too. Hire Pure Energy or your ceremony and reception won't be awesome! Thank you so much DJ Ruben.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Sharon · Married on 09/08/2018

Ruben was AWESOME to work with!

In the weeks preceding the wedding, he was very quick to respond to any questions or requests that we had. My dad interacted with him multiple times to try and find an old-school song for our first dance, and he said that Ruben was so nice and helpful. He was very good at reminding us of any information or documents that he needed from us. When we had our week-before-the-wedding call he made me feel so at ease. He really knows what he's doing and has great suggestions for anything you need.

On the day of the wedding we had absolutely zero issues with Ruben and his team, which is a WONDERFUL gift on your wedding day. Everything went so smoothly from the ceremony to transitioning to the reception. He worked so well with our wedding coordinator and helped to keep things on-time. Our guests were dancing all night long, and the next day we heard so many times that our wedding was the most fun they'd ever been to, and so much of that had to do with Ruben and the awesome music he played! Thank you so much Ruben for being a wonderful vendor to work with from start to finish!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Raphael M · Married on 08/08/2018

Really professional

DJ Ruben is a true expert at making a great party. We had him DJ our wedding and he really took our vision to heart. Before the wedding we had a long conversation about logistics and he helped us think through our party and ceremony and determine when music should be played. With DJ Ruben you get a great DJ who is also an MC and wedding coordinator balled into one. Our friends and family were super engaged the whole time and we are so grateful that we got to work with DJ Ruben.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Jadriane · Married on 11/11/2017

Ruben made our day fabulous! I had no idea how much a DJ does, he even helped us create a timeline. We gave him a few songs and let him do his thing! Our guests were on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

Ruben was AMAZING! He was fun, professional and organized. He had a questionnaire that was super helpful and was easy to communicate with. if you need a DJ, please use Ruben!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Patrick · Married on 11/04/2017

Great DJ contributed to the best day of our lives

Sent on 12/02/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2017

My Husband and I had Ruben DJ for our wedding in October. He did a fabulous job and many of our guests commented on the great mix of music. He was easy to work with and kept our wedding vibe upbeat and fun! I'd recommend his services to anyone on their special day!

Sent on 11/03/2017

brian · Married on 05/13/2017

Ruben did a great job and was very accommodating.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Deanna Tieron · Married on 04/16/2017

Helped make my planning easy!

We loved having Ruben DJ our wedding! We were planning from long-distance and he helped make the process so easy. He did not play any song for too long and it really helped keep the flow going on the dance floor! We would highly recommend him for events. Thank you! - Milton and Deanna Beope

Sent on 12/06/2018

Russell · Married on 03/04/2017

DJ Ruben was top notch. As an amateur DJ myself (the groom), I really looked hard for a wedding DJ that could outperform myself while not breaking the bank. DJ Ruben was so professional, responsive and accommodating (working together with me to change the reception timeline on the fly when we were getting off schedule). My only wish is we had a longer reception with more time for dancing!!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Kirsten · Married on 08/20/2016

Ruben is fantastic!! I highly recommend his DJ services. He was our wedding DJ and played everything we wanted and was able to read the crowd perfectly. He played such fun music and kept the party going. He met with us a few days before the wedding to ask about our preferences, as well as things we didn't want to hear. He is very professional, friendly, fun, and reliable. You do not need to look anywhere else, this is your guy! He made our reception so fun and unforgettable! Thank you Ruben!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Shabnam · Married on 08/13/2016

My family and I were looking for a professional, reliable, and flexible DJ who would be able to accommodate our multi-cultural wedding. When we had first met Ruben, it was obvious that he was incredibly experienced in handling weddings as he helped us organize our entire wedding timeline in one meeting. He responded to emails quickly and made sure to hash out all the fine details well before the wedding date. His flexibility was evident when he prepared all the MC announcements in both English and Spanish and would listen to all the song requests of the guests and make changes on the spot. Having a well organized and experienced DJ is essential for a successful wedding, especially one that mixes American, Colombian, and Persian wedding practices. Ruben is incredibly talented and he made my sister's wedding the special day we will all remember forever. Thank you Ruben!!!

Sent on 08/21/2016
  • margaret

margaret · Married on 06/25/2016

I was told the DJ service was one of the most important aspects during a wedding reception. I thought it was silly but when I realized there were very specific things I wanted to make my event classy, move along with the flow of my vision and make my event memorable...I had to choose this DJ Ruben! There were a lot of inexpensive DJs out there but Ruben won my heart over. I read the reviews and then gave him a call. He was very prompt and polite. He listened to what I wanted. He took notes. When he met with me, Ruben asked questions about our taste in music making sure I would get all the kinds of music I wanted from the beginning to the end of our event. He knew how to make the party fun and at the same time extremely classy. He is a wonderful DJ and great guy. I give him a standing ovation too for being bilingual. He really understood the crowd and kept the party going. I totally recommend Ruben. He is the best!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Lili · Married on 05/07/2016

Ruben just DJ'ed our wedding this weekend on May 7th and let me tell you, he did a phenomenal job. Our guitarist decided to be a no show. He was supposed to play while the guests arrived and during my walk down the isle. Everyone was flipping out when he wasn't there, I told my coordinator to tell our DJ Ruben of the situation. Not only did Ruben pick up the slack, but he chose the most beautiful song for me to walk down the isle to and he had everyone dancing the whole night!
    Ruben is extremely professional, he takes down lots of notes and nails down your preferences in order to make your event really special. He responds to emails quickly and communicates throughout the planning process which helps alleviate a lot of the stress that happens when putting a big event together. I highly recommend Ruben for any event, big or small. He'll get the job done seamlessly.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Ana Flavia · Married on 04/27/2016

DJ Ruben did a great job at our wedding finding just the right music to play and was really easy to work with. Ruben was professional and our guests really enjoyed the music. DJ Ruben was very charismatic and made our reception fun and memorable.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Ruben knows how to read a crowd! We received so many compliments! Our dance floor was never empty!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Ryan · Married on 03/25/2016

I would definitely recommend Ruben if you're looking for a wedding DJ. He had a great music collection and was really good at reading the crowd to sense the right type of music to fit the mood throughout the night. He was also quick to respond to any questions we had leading up to the wedding and always had a positive attitude.

Sent on 04/06/2016

DJ Ruben is 5 stars, two thumbs up, 10 out of 10 and top notch in my book. I have been to a lot of weddings and events and get to see all kinds of DJ's. When I had the chance to have Ruben DJ it was like night and day compared to the rest of them, Ruben was that good. I really like Ruben's many years of experience, AMAZING mic and MC experience, as well as his music selection. Ruben really knows how to work the crowd and let everyone know what is next up in terms of food being served, next dance, etc etc. Some DJ's I have seen refuse to even say anything on the mic. DJ Ruben is great at it. In all honesty, when you only have one shot for your wedding you want to make sure you have the best DJ out there. Please at least give him a shot when you are selecting DJ's and let him meet with you for a consultation. He is worth every penny and more! Thanks! Review was for a late December 2015 event, over 400 people. Here in San Diego, CA.

Sent on 04/07/2016
  • User6619961 · 2+ years ago

Rubben is a great Dj. Since the first meeting he was very attentive and very suggestive when we had no idea what kind of music for determined occasions. The wedding was planned in less than a month and Rubben was there for us. Everybody was dancing and enjoying the variety of music, he put together cuban, American and Brazilian songs, it was awesome!!! We definitely recommend his service!!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Edgar · Married on 10/22/2015

Thank you for your great service and for the ability to adapt to different cultures and bringing both the Hispanic and South American music together to make our wedding memorable and a blast on the dance floor.

Sent on 04/08/2016
  • Loan

Loan · Married on 07/25/2015

It was a pleasure to work Ruben for our recent wedding on July 25, 2015 at the Hilton Mission Valley Hotel. I was already impressed with Ruben when I spoke with him over the phone many months prior and and also at our first face to face meeting at starbucks :)
    - I knew i wanted to have him on my wedding team.
    Throughout the few months before the wedding, Ruben was always reaching out to me to make sure that I was doing well with the planning, and wrote down every single song request that i randomly texted and emailed and even when I changed my mind numerous times.
    He even uploaded songs suggestions into dropbox for me to listen to.
    Ruben also came to meet with my wedding planner, the catering manager, and helped us finalized the wedding timeline and the exact music to go with each event.
    The wedding itself went extremely smoothly, he played every single song with perfect timing- especially during the ceremony when i had very specific songs for the tea ceremony, ring exchange,... etc and even surprised me with all my favorite songs and artists during the reception, he really took his time to learn my taste in music!
    Ruben is also a very good MC, he kept us running on schedule by announcing at the right moments the different events (toasts, cake cutting, garter toss.. or else I would have lost track! )
    Ruben, you are an amazing person, DJ and friend.
    Thank you so much for everything and we are grateful for you!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Jeremy · Married on 02/07/2015

Ruben was awesome!

He did such a great job during the wedding. He played exactly what we asked, showed up on time, and communicated through the whole process.

He really put our minds at ease and I would totally use him again! A+

Sent on 04/11/2016

Luca · Married on 09/30/2017

Rubben was helping me a lot to figure out what should be done while being very flexible. Not easy to choose a DJ in a foreign country but very happy of my choice.

Sent on 10/11/2017