Punta Cana Photographer Reviews

Punta Cana Photographer 6
Punta Cana Photographer 7
  • Katie

Katie Stone · Married on 07/13/2019

Professional, Personable, & Incredibly Talented!

One of the people who stands out to me, in making our day magical is the incredibly talented Gaston Garcia Corral from Punta Cana Photographer.
    Neither my husband nor I are "photo people," meaning we're awkward posers who never feel comfortable behind a camera. We're also not big on PDA with each other. So you can imagine we had a bit of anxiety with wedding photos...
    Gaston walked us through every step. He knew how to capture us authentically, and coached us patiently. Thankfully, he also ever-so-politely reminded our guests that it was OUR day, not theirs. He sensed when we needed a break, and pushed us for a few more when he knew we could handle it. And 30 days later, we had 100s of incredible photos! Seriously, every photo is outstanding.
    We don't have our video yet, but here are just a few of our favorite shots. We are forever thankful for The PCP crew!!

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 14
    Punta Cana Photographer 15
    Punta Cana Photographer 16

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Katie!!! I'm so unbelievably happy that you love your photos and appreciate my work!! I'm so thankful to have been a part of your big day, and only wish you both the best in your future together!! As soon as your video is ready, I'll be in touch.
  • Vanessa

Vanessa Pepen · Married on 07/03/2019

Unbelievably perfect!

I can't even put to words how happy I am that I chose Gaston and his team to capture one of the most important days of our lives!
    I did A LOT of research in trying to find a team whose photos/videos told a story and also had reasonable prices. Upon my initial inquiry with them, I automatically was captivated by their hospitality and immense information they provided. Not one of the photographers I researched, before finding them, had such detailed blogs, information, tips on a webpage like Punta Cana Photographer did. They truly want the bride and groom to feel 1000% certain they will achieve their expectations & they sure do!
    We emailed for months coordinating the details for our big day and they would respond within 24 hours! Gaston is truly a sweetheart and made me feel at ease during my big day! I am truly in love with our photos. They are so clear and beautiful, I am still in shock! So many of our guests mentioned how amazing both Gaston and the videographer were! They noticed how he tried to get all the right angles and made everyone feel comfortable behind the camera! If you are reading my review, I promise do not look any further! This team will not disappoint and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Thank you Gaston & team for capturing our wedding day so beautifully! We are truly grateful!!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you Vanessa!!!! I am so thankful to you for choosing us to capture your day! And also, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I'm so so so appreciative!!! THANK YOU!!

Tina · Married on 06/30/2019

Best decision ever!

The team were great the whole way through my experience. They were fast in replying during initial conversations, directed the day perfectly, made suggestions to improve the day, and provided the most beautiful set of videos 6.5 weeks after the wedding. I only received them 6 hours ago and I've already watched the long version 3 times and the short version about 6 times. I can't get enough. You are in safe hands with these guys, thank you for allowing us to remember our day in such a beautiful way. In comparison to other videographers in Punta Cana these guys were by far the best value for money when you weigh up cost v. quality. So pleased with the decision. My biggest recommendation for anyone getting married is to get a video, it allows me to see all the best bits as a guest, remember and hear the ceremony and speeches forever more and relive the best day of my life over and over again.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

THANK YOU TINA!!!! Wedding videos are so special and really the best way to look back on your wedding day exactly as it happened. I'm so glad to hear you feel the same and to know that you truly appreciate our work. Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us and with other couples! We're so so grateful for you and your kind words!! Thank you!!!

Jared Kam · Married on 06/17/2019

Gaston is a true professional!

Would recommend Gaston for any wedding photography needs - he is truly an artist and we appreciate his efforts in making our memories of our event last for a lifetime!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you Jared!! I'm so glad I got to spend a couple of days with you and Katie and be a part of such an important time in your lives!! I wish you both all the best! Thank you again :)

Jessica Coffill · Married on 05/22/2019

Wedding day

Gaston was amazing to work with! He was super sweet and accommodating. With such a busy day he never made me feel like we were rushed for time. He asked questions and engaged with myself, bridal party and family. I received my photos as quickly as they said I would and they are GORGEOUS. He captured every moment of the day/night, moments that I didn’t even know were happening! I’m extremely happy with our choice to use Punta Cana photography for our special day

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 17
    Punta Cana Photographer 18
    Punta Cana Photographer 19
    Punta Cana Photographer 20
    Punta Cana Photographer 21

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Hi Jessica! Thank you soo sooo much for the review!! I'm so glad to hear that you love your photos, and I truly appreciate your kind words! All the best!!

Jessica Crist · Married on 05/04/2019

Great Phographer!

Gaston was amazing! He made you feel comfortable and couldn't be happier with the services he provided!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for the positive review! I had a great time taking your photos! Wishing you and Matthew all the best
  • Laney

Laney · Married on 05/01/2019

10 outta 10!!

SO much fun to work with and captured all of our special moments exquisitely! The services are very affordable especially for the quality. They worked so hard to get every perfect shot and I am beyond happy with my final photos. The editing was spot on! They are tasteful, natural, and most importantly GORGEOUS! I would highly recommend them to anyone in the future! Thank you so much Gatson!

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 22
    Punta Cana Photographer 23
    Punta Cana Photographer 24
    Punta Cana Photographer 25
    Punta Cana Photographer 26
    Punta Cana Photographer 27

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Laney!!!! I had such a great time working with you all too, and I'm so glad you love the photos!! Thank you again!! I really appreciate it!
  • Brianna

Brianna Renner · Married on 04/26/2019

way beyond our expectations!!

You know you've got a great photographer when even your wedding guests are raving about his work! Seriously - despite the beautiful destination wedding scenery and the all-inclusive drinks... our friends and family were all telling us throughout our reception how phenomenal our photographer was - and they hadn’t even seen his photos yet!
    The resort we were married at included a small (insufficient) photography package, which we could pay extra to add more hours of photography coverage. But 1) the upgrade was very expensive, and 2) we weren't very impressed with the sample photos that the resort had. They looked awkwardly posed (think: your senior prom pictures), minimally edited, all the same locations (on the beach... don't get me wrong, the beach is beautiful, but it somehow looked cliché in these photographs that the resort had)... frankly, we thought we could take the same quality of photos with our iPhones and save several thousands of dollars.
    At first, we were on the fence about hiring a photographer from off-resort. The resort charged a substantial fee to bring in offsite vendors, which we figured would price us out of any photographer we found offsite. We also assumed an offsite professional photographer would be just as expensive, if not even more expensive, than the resort photographer. And, realistically, we were nervous about making a decision like that all through the internet – not really knowing if this is a real photography company, reputable… or if we’re just going to be sending money through PayPal and be left without any photographer at all on our special day. And bringing a photographer down from the US was way out of our budget. So when I started browsing the internet for possible photographers in the DR, I wasn’t feeling very confident.
    Then I stumbled upon Punta Cana Photographer – I think on Facebook – and I literally gasped. Such stunning, artistic photographs! Not those overly-artsy ones that take away from the intimacy of your special day, but definitely not your awkwardly-posed, sick-of-smiling-for-the-camera photos, either. Gaston’s style exemplifies and enhances the feeling of the day through imagery. He’s especially great at working with the light (look at some sample photos and you’ll see what I mean). I was overjoyed to show my then-fiancée some sample photos… his response: “How much?” We figured we would need 6 hours of photography if we wanted to capture everything from getting ready to cake-cutting. I was bracing myself for disappointment as we looked up the prices… but then, overjoyed and shocked! A 6-hour photography package from Punta Cana Photographer (with far better photos) was actually $1,700 LESS than a 6-hour photography package from the resort. We couldn’t believe it! It made the offsite vendor fee totally worth it – we still saved money by choosing Punta Cana Photographer!
    So, I started emailing back and forth with Gaston and Cami to get a better feel for them. We sent maybe a dozen emails back and forth before booking them – discussing styles, preferences, “the story of us,” etc. etc. It felt like talking to real people – friends, even! I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to run a business like that where you need to earn peoples trust through nothing but email, but they certainly have a gift for it! We signed on without any reservations. And even after making the first payment, we were getting regular emails from Gaston and Cami. They were punctual, organized, and professional throughout the entire process. Towards the end, I’ll admit, my wedding jitters were starting to get the best of me, and I was worried about making sure we captured every moment and every person. Gaston offered me reassurance and, to calm my nerves, was willing to work with my list of must-have moments (even though, really – you should never send a photographer a list. They are professionals! They’ve got this!).
    On the day of our wedding, when we finally met Gaston… we were blown away. We could tell that he was quickly learning our personalities, our relationship styles with each other and with our friends and family, and I could see him making adjustments to capture us in the moments when we were truly being “us.” My husband and I really aren’t the model-for-the-camera types, so we weren’t exactly in our comfort zone. But Gaston helped direct us into some casual poses that felt comfortable and natural, which is the look we were hoping for. He had laser-focused attention to detail – fixing strands of hair, “turn your head slightly,” relax your hand here, etc. We chose an EXCEPTIONALLY hot Dominican day for our wedding… but Gaston was very cognizant of this and was diligent in finding us shady spots for photographs – our comfort was his first concern. There were times when it even felt like he was giving us a guided meditation – I think maybe to capture certain emotions in our faces? He found us a shady spot after the ceremony and all the group shots were done, and the afternoon was winding down just before the night was about to ramp-up. He told us to rest our foreheads against one another, close our eyes, and just reflect on the day, take it all in. Those turned out to be some of my favorite photos – not just because they look great, but because they bring back the memory of that one relaxed moment of the day where my husband and I were tucked away alone in a shady spot and time stood still. Gaston truly ENHANCED the experience of our wedding day.
    Both my husband and I – and even our guests! – could tell even as Gaston was still taking photos that he was bottling up the essence of the day, as well as doing some really creative stuff with both lighting and the scenery. Our gusts asked us repeatedly when we’ll get to see the photos he took. It was just under 30 days until we were able to see the finished product. A simple email link contained over 600 photos of the day, and my husband and I had promised each other we wouldn’t look at them until we could do it together. Of course it would be our luck that it was sent at about 9:30 AM on a work day, so we each rushed home for an early lunch between work meetings so we could look together.
    I’ll say this for brides-to-be: nobody warned me about the depression that comes after receiving your wedding photos. Of course that sounds terrible at first, and don’t get me wrong – the photos were phenomenal. We each have gone through all 600+ of them dozens of time now, and we are still struggling to narrow down our favorites – so many great ones to choose from! No, the depression wasn’t at all from the photos. We had spent over 2 years planning every detail of our perfect destination wedding together – it was our every waking moment for over 700 days straight… and then we spent 10 days in complete euphoria surrounded by our closest friends and family, having the time of our lives… we were depressed of course when we came home because it was all over with. But for the next few weeks, we still had one more piece of our wedding to look forward to, one thing that we still had not experienced yet: getting the photos back. Once we had been through them about 4 times each, we suddenly realized: that’s it. That is TRULY the end of our wedding experience. That was the very last piece of it.
    I’m so thankful that I can go back to those photos and re-live the day, moment-by-moment. We are thrilled with the finished product, and were even more impressed by the overall experience. I cannot recommend Punta Cana Photography highly enough! When we go back – and we will go back – we fully intend on utilizing their services again for an anniversary photo shoot in the future.

Sent on 06/08/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 33
    Punta Cana Photographer 34
    Punta Cana Photographer 35

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Wow!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! A million times, thank you!!! I am blown away by your kind words and can't even begin to express my gratitude. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and you were a stunning bride, making it easy for me to do my job :) I'm so glad that you chose me to be a part of your special day! Can't wait to see you both again for the anniversary shoot!!

Hannah Rumpel · Married on 04/25/2019

Wedding Photographer

My now husband and I were a little hesitant to hire a photographer as we had a photography package included with our resort. All I can say is this was the best money we spent! Gaston was absolutely amazing and our pictures turned out better than I could have ever hoped for. My husband and I are both very camera shy but Gaston made us both feel extremely comfortable and it truly shows in our pictures. I am blown away with the pictures that we now have to look back on to remember our special day. Thank you so much Gaston for capturing such an important moment in our lives. I would highly recommend Gaston and his team to anyone looking for a wedding photographer in Punta Cana!

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 36

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Wow, thank you Hannah!! I really appreciate your kind words, and I am so glad that you loved the photos!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
  • Nadine

Nadine Reißig · Married on 04/18/2019

Absolutely to be recommende

Booking Gaston for our wedding photos was the best decision we could make.
    From the first e-mail contact you feel great, Gaston gives you endless ideas and inspiration. There is always e-mail contact and Gaston tries to get to know you and your wishes.
    On the day of our wedding, we and our guests were absolute impressed by Gaston.
    After a short time he knew all our names. He is passionate about the job, he works professionally absoulut and is enthusiastic at work.
    It was great to be photographed by Gaston, we never felt uncomfortable, it was so much fun.
    The photos have become absolutely great. We can not thank Gaston enough. Through these great photos we have a beautiful memory of our magical wedding day.
    The photos show all the emotion and happiness of this day. We love our photos!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 37
    Punta Cana Photographer 38

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Nadine, your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!!! Thank you for choosing me to photograph such a memorable moment in your lives and thank you for taking the time to write this review! I really, really appreciate your kind words!! All the best :)

Anne · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing, Beautiful, Stunning

From booking to the day of the event, Gaston was amazing! Although he couldn't personally make it to our wedding, due to personal matters, he ensured we were well taken care off. The editing was completed by his team, and we were floored at how AMAZING the pictures turned out.
    Looking at the photos and reliving the incredible experience was incredible. We are sooooo happy we choose Puntacana Photographers to capture our special day!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Tinesha

Tinesha Malone · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfection at its BEST!

Phenomenal service all around!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 39

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you so much Tinesha!! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review and for sharing your experience! :)

Nicole Hofmann · Married on 03/06/2019

Professional and fun!

Gaston and his team were very quick in replying to emails, were very respectful and professional on the day of, and guided the wedding day shoot in a super fun and energetic way! Myself and my guests loved working with him! They made us feel relaxed while they captured the day. Beautiful photo and video quality. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Araceli

Araceli · Married on 02/23/2019

Great Photographers!

They are so easy work with. The quality of the pictures exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Punta Cana Photographer 40
    Punta Cana Photographer 41
  • Aileen

Aileen Treto · Married on 02/14/2019

Photographer

We had our wedding at Flor de Cabrera in Cabrera, DR and Punta Cana photography was absolutely amazing! They were so friendly and made us feel so comfortable. They were able to capture the pure joy we felt that day and translated it to Amazing pictures. We will forever treasure these moments! We are forever grateful! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Punta Cana Photographer 67
  • Maria

Maria Lavoie · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing photographer, beautiful photos

Gaston was amazing. Not only was he flexible with our requests during our time with him but he was mindful of the changing weather. He was also very mindful of and swift with the time we had not only at our wedding but also at the trash the dress shoot we did with him. We did not in anyway feel rushed but knew he was keeping things on a timeline so we could get our reception going. By the beginning of the ceremony he had remembered everyones names and relations and was calling everyone by name during our family and group photos. He was professional, personable and a joy to work with. His eye for detail and locations was amazing. To top it all off he had our photos to us 2 weeks after our wedding. He was well worth the investment and everyone who could and couldn't attend our destination wedding has been blown away by the photos. Thanks again, Gaston.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Hi Maria!! Thank you so so so much for this review!! I'm so glad to read all of your positive comments, and I hope you know how important this is, not only to me & my team but to future brides as well! Your kind words do not go unnoticed. All the best.

Ashlee Stoughton · Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect wedding pictures

Photography was really important to me, I wanted someone who could really capture our day exactly how I pictured in my head. I spent hours going through various photographers websites and profiles. I was recommended Punta Cana Photographer by our venue and I knew within seconds of looking at their gallery and Instagram that they were who I needed to capture our day. From the second I sent my deposit they kept in contact with me right to my wedding. They sent me a timeline of the day and did all the work. The minute I met Gaston I knew I made the right choice. He was so sweet and funny and everybody commented all day on his professionalism, and his sincerity with his photography. He made sure everyone was in tip top shape adjusting dresses, flowers, and even my hair when it was necessary. He was in all the right spots at the right times, without anyone noticing he was there. My pictures were ready early and I cried when I looked at them because they are BETTER than I could even have imagined.

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Punta Cana Photographer 77
    Punta Cana Photographer 78
    Punta Cana Photographer 79

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Wow, wow, wow! Thank you Mr & Mrs. Stoughton!
    Thank you, Ashlee, for your kind words and I'm thrilled to read that you loved your photos and the experience.
    I loved working with you and your families and I felt the emotion all over again when I saw Jesse and his brother as you walked down the aisle :)

Karen Hsi · Married on 12/01/2018

Great Photographer team in Punta Cana

I chose Punta Cana Photographer based on their website, their instagram presence, their price and their responsiveness. I live in southern California; I've never been to DR, and I never visited my wedding resort until my wedding trip. Cami and Gaston replied me with fast and clear communication. The price is very competitive. I like how detailed their website and articles are. I also like their style on their Instagram page.

On the day of, Cami and her team was very accommodating of my timeline with the resort. I didn't have a big wedding and Cami was willing to work with my day of schedule with the package i purchased.

The photos came out great! Cami really captured how happy we all were that day. I highly recommend Punta Cana Photographer.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Kathryn Pozo · Married on 11/19/2018

Amazing, fun, exciting, beautiful and highly recommended

Most amazing experience and photos captured! Thank you for your fun professionalism!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you Kathryn!! I had so much fun at your wedding :)
    I'm happy to read that you enjoyed working with me.

I wish you the best to you and Matias!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible Photos, Incredible Service!! You MUST Use Them if You're Getting Married in Punta Cana!

I don't even know where to begin!! Our wedding photos turned out absolutely incredible. Cami and Gaston were so prompt to answer all of my questions during the planning stage. They helped us come up with a timeline since we wanted to do a first look! When it came time for the wedding day, Gaston was a complete rockstar. He made myself, my husband, our wedding party and all our family and friends feel at ease. He's so funny and such a hard worker and he got so many incredible shots. I was in shock when I saw how incredible our photos came out and all of our guests raved about how cool Gaston (& Bel) were! They are so professional. They make you laugh. They you feel comfortable. Their pricing is extremely reasonable. My husband (who hates being photographed) cannot stop raving about these photos and how incredible of a job Gaston did. I am so grateful that Gaston and Bel were part of our wedding day. We are going to cherish these photos forever. The turnaround time was so quick too. We had the photos only 2 weeks after our wedding! I would highly recommend choosing Punta Cana Photographer to capture your special day.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Megan · Married on 11/11/2018

Above and Beyond!!!

So glad I booked Gaston for our wedding! So quick to respond throughout the whole process. He made us feel so comfortable during the day and never said no to anything I asked! He stayed late for us to cover the bouquet toss and garter toss. He was so professional and my pictures turned out amazing. He also went back though all 600+ Photos to do extra photoshopping for me. Hire him, you won’t regret it. Never been more pleased with service and professionalism. Thank you so much Gaston.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you Megan & Sanh for your kind words!! We're happy to read that you loved the final results and if you need anything at all you know where to reach out :)
    We wish you guys the best and hope to see you again in Punta Cana!

Lyanne · Married on 09/22/2018

Personally I trusted Gaston way more than my own wedding planner. He was very supportive and understanding, and he was able to give suggestions when we weren't sure. It doesn't matter the time, the weather or the place, Gaston will make you say "WOW" when you see your wedding pictures. We are completely IN LOVE with all of our pictures.
    Thank you Punta Cana Photographers for the amazing work you've done. Totally recommend! :)

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Punta Cana Photographer 80
    Punta Cana Photographer 81
    Punta Cana Photographer 82
    Punta Cana Photographer 83
    Punta Cana Photographer 84

Punta Cana Photographer's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lyanne! No day goes by without its ups and downs, and I'm happy to read that you loved the results and that my experience helped you throughout the day!

Kelsey · Married on 08/24/2018

I was initially anxious about planning a destination wedding from afar basically through email but without a doubt, the best decision I made was choosing Punta Cana Photographer to capture all the moments of our special day. Gaston and Cami were so sweet from the first email! They responded SO quickly to all of my questions and emails and always answered my questions. Cami showed up on our wedding day and immediately made everyone feel at ease with her sweet personality! I was stunned by the beauty of every single picture she took. I will cherish these photos for the rest of my life and was so touched that she captured so many little moments I didn’t even remember. The quality of the pictures was absolutely amazing and I received them so quickly! Their pricing is extremely reasonable and they have so many packages you can personalize. I would recommend Cami in a heartbeat and my only regret is not picking a bigger package!

Sent on 09/14/2018
    Punta Cana Photographer 85
    Punta Cana Photographer 86
    Punta Cana Photographer 87
    Punta Cana Photographer 88
    Punta Cana Photographer 89

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

If you are looking for a photographer in Punta Cana, stop here! The level of professionalism and positive energy is something that i have never experienced before. From booking them more than a year in advance to after our wedding, the treated us as priority and kept us well informed. I will travel from Texas back to D.R. just to use them again.

Sent on 09/08/2018