Pulse Entertainment Reviews

1 User photo

Pulse Entertainment 1
  • April

April Yoo · Married on 08/24/2019

Affordable, Professional DJ in DMV Area!

Karl was a great person work with. He personalizes the playlist and he knows what to do! Not just about the music to play, but he provides a whole day schedule with details. You can customize the schedule and he will adjust it quickly. His response time is really quick, so you don't have to wait several days to get an answer for your question! We had guest performers in our reception... and Karl managed really well and everyone loved all the songs he played. If you want to have LIT wedding with chill & cool DJ, he's the one!

Sent on 09/17/2019

April Chambers · Married on 08/03/2019

Definitely Recommend

Pulse Entertainment was great! They listened to everything we wanted to change and were able to incorporate all the changes so smoothly. Along with being super flexible when we asked to move our timeline up. I would definitely recommend Pulse Entertainment if you are looking for a DJ!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks April! It was a pleasure working with both of you! We love being flexible for all of our clients!
  • Kirstyn

Kirstyn · Married on 07/27/2019

So Accommodating and Fun!

This was one of my favorite vendors! Karl made me feel at ease from the very beginning when he took the time to call me and listen to my wedding vision. I was a very chill "whatever you think is best" type of bride and Karl did a great job making suggestions and helping me organize the wedding. He even provided an open air photo booth at a reduced rate! The photo booth was awesome, but it did have some problems and the line was sometimes pretty long while they worked them out. However, the price I paid and the fact that it was one of their first seasons using it made up for it. The pictures looked great and I used to them for my guest book!
    The day of the wedding, Karl was so accommodating. I would run up to him all night long requesting songs, making small changes and asking him to make announcements. He did all this with such ease that the guests never knew I was making changes! Everyone danced the whole night away!
    Just go ahead and book Karl and his team, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Kirstyn! Thank you for your delightful review! We were happy that we could help you with suggestions and organization to make wedding planning a breeze!

As for the photo booth, we do admit that because this is the first year we are offering it there are some kinks to work out, but we're getting close to having everything perfected now. We're glad that you were able to take advantage of our introductory discounted rate, and we REALLY appreciate your support in helping us get our photo booth business off the ground!
  • Conni

Conni · Married on 07/25/2019

Look no further!

Words can’t even express how amazing Karl and Pulse Entertainment was for our wedding last week! We had a few minor hiccups in our wedding and Karl rolled right along with the punches. We did’t get as much time on the dance floor as I would have liked which is definitely not Karl’s fault but the time we did have on the dance floor was nothing short of amazing because of all the great music he was playing! If you are looking for a DJ for your next event then look no further than Pulse entertainment!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review, Conni! We really appreciate it and we wish you two the best! It was a pleasure working with both of you.
  • Eunice

Eunice · Married on 07/20/2019

Great experience! Highly recommend!!

Karl was incredible to work with. He was responsive, he worked with me before and throughout the wedding, and he was a dream with coordinating everything. His prices are MORE than fair, he is great with transitioning music. and he was great with making sure the guests danced! Our wedding coordinator disappeared half way through the wedding, and Karl jumped in to coordinate the father daughter dance, toasts, bouquet toss, and even cake cutting. 100000% recommend Pulse entertainment! Our guests had a blast and I had such a great time thanks to the DJ Karl!!!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Eunice!! We are so happy that we helped to make your special day so memorable. We are really sorry that your wedding coordinator disappeared, but we are glad that we were able to take over for her since being flexible is one of the most important parts of our job. We wish you two the best!

Megan · Married on 07/05/2019

Definitely Recommend!

Karl and his crew was amazing to work with! I was most nervous about booking a DJ because music can make or break a wedding. Karl was extremely professional, listened to everything we wanted, and executed our vision perfectly as our dance floor was packed all night! When looking at other services, mics and extra equipment are extra, but Pulse brought everything we needed for one flat rate! They made the process extremely simple and we could not have asked for a better DJ for our big day!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Megan, we really appreciate your review! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding. Like you mentioned, we include all equipment for a flat rate as to never nickel and dime customers. Thanks again!
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect Wedding Day!

Karl and his team at Pulse are fantastic!! They were extremely helpful, thorough, and courteous. Karl was very easy to communicate with through email or telephone. I'm a very type-A person, and felt at ease working with Pulse Entertainment. I appreciated them taking so much time to be able to talk through ideas to help plan out our day-of timeline. A few weeks before the wedding, we added a photo booth to our wedding plans and it all came together beautifully!! It was such a hit! Pulse Entertainment was very professional and helped make our wedding day perfect- I cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Becky, for the amazing review! We loved working with you to help make your day so special! We wish you and Nate the best!
  • Joslin

Joslin & Blaise · Married on 06/15/2019

Great, local DJ!

Karl and Pulse Weddings were my favorite vendor. They did a photobooth for us, DJed our ceremony and reception, and MC-ed a lot of the event.They were extremely responsive, flexible, organized, and reasonable. Honestly I can't recommend them enough- especially if you're someone that needs organization and doesn't like hounding vendors. In addition, they are a great value for the DC area which is very difficult to find (they were by far the most reasonable I found for both DJ/MC/photobooth without sacrificing quality). Seriously if you're looking for a DJ that goes above and beyond, definitely book with Karl and Pulse!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Joslin! We really appreciate your kind words! We are so happy that you two had a great time!

Cameron · Married on 06/09/2019

Would Hire Again!

Karl and his team did a great job at our wedding! They ensured they would pronounce everyone's name correctly!! They also were able to quick change the schedule when something came up. Would hire again!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the review, Cameron! We try to be as adapting to last minute changes as possible, so we’re really happy that we met your expectations for this.
  • Paul

Paul Diaz · Married on 06/02/2019

Just a truly awesome experience !

Karl went above and beyond my expectations and my family will never forget the excellent experience his services helped to provide for our daughter and our guests!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Working with you and your daughter was so much fun! We loved your attention to detail with all of the group dances, and we are so delighted that you chose Pulse for your daughter’s special day!

Laura R · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Service!

Karl was very responsive and professional. He answered our questions promptly and checked in with us an appropriate amount leading up to our event. The event went smoothly as Karl was very prepared and he played a great selection of music that matched our style and appealed to our guests.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We loved working with you and Tim! Your guests were delightful and we are really happy that we could keep the dance floor packed! Thank you for the amazing review, Laura!
  • Alyce

Alyce · Married on 05/26/2019

May wedding at Rose Hill Manor

I can not say enough about how flexible, professional and respectful the DJs from Pulse were. It was easy to get them the songs we wanted, discuss the best solutions for the party details, and the day of they were so flexible with all the little changes. Karl played great music, and our dance floor was full all night. The last hour we had la hora loca (crazy hour), where we passed out glow sticks, funny hats and glasses, and danced the hardest with the best music. We had the djs on the balcony and it made it a true party experience! Guests have been saying they don't usually dance, and they danced all night. Thank you Karl and Pulse for the amazing services!

Pulse Entertainment 2

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Your wedding was such a fun to participate in, Alyce! It means so much that you chose Pulse Entertainment and we want to say thank you for the stellar review!

Angella · Married on 05/25/2019

Great full service DJ!

Karl, the President of Pulse, has been amazing since our first encounter. My best friend (the bride) talked to him about the different options and decided to go with Pulse without speaking to any of the other vendors we found. He answered emails promptly, even late at night, and he was very accommodating of the bride's wishes. The lighting they installed inside added a nice ambience and the sound/quality of the speakers were great. We were behind schedule, but Karl was good about adjusting to our needs/changes and coordinating with our venue coordinator to make sure everything went smoothly. Everyone got down on the dance floor and it was lit until closing time. The price was fair, especially for this area, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Tina was so lucky to have you helping her plan out her special day, Angella! It was amazing working with both of you and we appreciate how on top of things and detail oriented you were. Thank you so much for the review!!
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 05/18/2019

Easy, flexible, responsive

It was a pleasure working with Karl/Pulse for my daughters wedding. We had a few bumps in the road during the planning process, however Karl did what was needed to quickly rectify the problems. Karl is very informative, friendly and easy to work with. They did a great job the day of the wedding, we utilized them for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. It was all pulled off seamlessly. Thank you for being a part of our special day and making it one to remember!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the amazing review, Dawn! We hope that your daughter had a blast and will remember her wedding night for the rest of her life!
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/04/2019

We danced all night!

We wanted a DJ that kept the party going and Pulse delivered. We danced all night and my guests had a great time. Karl was easy to work and plan with. Announcements were made on time and the quality of sound was perfect.

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We really appreciate you hiring us, Summer! We loved being a part of your wedding and your venue couldn’t have had a better view of the water!

Kelsey · Married on 11/24/2018

Outstanding wedding DJ

Amazing DJ for a very affordable price. I was extremely pleased. Karl (the president) is very responsive and pleasant and was always there for any questions or concerns I had before the big day. Pulse Entertainment was extremely professional and I am so glad they were recommended to me to use!! 10/10 would recommend them!!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Kelsey! We really enjoyed working with you and Ricky, and we are delighted that you enjoyed our responsiveness and professionalism! Thanks so much!!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

So glad we chose Pulse!

We are so glad we chose Pulse to DJ our wedding. Karl was super helpful and responsive through the entire planning process, so I felt like I had nothing to worry about going into my wedding day. My day-of coordinator ended up being a little MIA on my wedding day, so I was glad Karl had been so prepared with asking for and understanding our entire timeline. He did a great job of keeping things on track, and everyone loved the music! Thank you!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Caitlin, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We are really sorry about your day-of coordinator, but delighted to hear that our staff were able to pick up the slack and help you rest assured that everything would be kept on track. We wish both of you the best!

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2018

Best DJ ever!

Karl and his team at Pulse Entertainment were a major reason behind our wedding being such a success! Karl was there through planning the schedule, choosing the music, creating the atmosphere, and everything in between. We had a coordinator for just the day of so all the rest of the planning was left up to me. I had never planned a wedding before and I really worried about having a dead dance floor and the schedule running smoothly with no weird, boring gaps. We also attended a wedding in the past where no announcements were made for anything so we missed the cake cutting and late night snack. Karl was amazing at helping adjust the schedule so it ran perfectly. And on the day of, he and his team worked amazingly with my coordinator to make sure everything was on time and at no point was anyone wondering what was going on. The ceremony was in a separate space and the timing and volume was absolutely perfect for all our ceremony music. For the reception, I gave Karl way too many song suggestions that were all over the place and he assured me that he totally understood the style we wanted played at different points throughout the day. He played all our must have songs, avoided all our Do Not Plays (to the chagrin of my Pitbull-loving cousin, lol), and played even more songs that we hadn’t thought that we love and fit perfectly. Everything was the perfect volume, too! I had also been worried about our venue not having a good atmosphere for dancing (too bright with all the lights on, too dark with them dimmed) and Karl was able to bring some uplighting that really transformed the space. Throughout the wedding day, I had no worries at all about the timing, music, and schedule because of Karl. Our coordinator said it was the easiest job she ever had due to the schedule being perfect (thanks to Karl) and our guests haven’t stopped talking about how amazing the music was.

I really cannot say enough about Pulse Entertainment, they are amazing at what they do!

Sent on 02/14/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Wow Stephanie!! We were blown away by your amazing review! Thank you so much! It means the world to us that we were able to be such a part of your special day. Working with both of you was amazing and we wish you two the absolute best future together!

Kevin Grauel · Married on 10/21/2018

Excellent experience

Karl and his team at Pulse Entertainment did an amazing job keeping our wedding on track, playing the right music at the right times, and having the various phases of the night flow flawlessly. We would definitely recommend Pulse Entertainment for all your Entertainment needs. It was very nice not having to worry about anything going smoothly throughout the process. Pulse was also professional and responded in a timely manner leading up to the wedding and all the planning that goes into it. Karl could not have been easier to work with. Thank you for an awesome night!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your review, Kevin! We are delighted that both of you enjoyed everything! We wish you and McKenzie the best!

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Flexible and easy

Karl was super flexible and helped us get everything we wanted in our budget. They nailed the timing of our ceremony songs and were able to pull clips of some hard to find songs we wanted to use. When our timeline got pushed back on the day of, he maximized the time we had on the dance floor and had everyone on their feet!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Ashley! It was so fun working with the two of you, and your wedding was beautiful! We really appreciate you choosing us!

Laura · Married on 10/07/2018

Karl and his staff were so easy to work with and professional. He played all of the songs we requested and our wedding guests had so much fun dancing. He checked in with us throughout the night, was setup well before the start time, and had a wonderful attitude. He even helped us create a timeline ahead of time :)

Sent on 10/13/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Laura! Your venue was beautiful and all of your vendors were so easy to work with! We really appreciate the review.

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

Pulse did a fantastic job at my wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long! I could not have asked for a better DJ and MC!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your review, Sarah!

danielle · Married on 09/28/2018

Detail Oriented and Super Responsive....and FUN!

Karl & Pulse Entertainment were amazing on our wedding day...and leading up! Karl was super responsive and detail oriented leading up to our wedding....which made our day super relaxed and most of all fun!!!! The dance floor was packed the entire reception!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We loved working with you two! Thanks for the review Danielle and for being so easy to work with :-)

Lindsay · Married on 09/22/2018

Could not have imagined using anyone else!

We used Karl and his team to DJ on wedding in September. Karl went above and beyond in helping me coordinate the transition between his company and the late night band we hired. He spent quite a bit of time getting to know our musical desires as a couple. The whole wedding was on the dance floor all night. We could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Lindsay! We're so happy to hear that everything went smoothly and that you two had a great night!