Pulse Entertainment Reviews

114 | Fairfax, VA

114 Reviews for Pulse Entertainment

1 User photo

Heather Robbins · Married on 11/10/2019

If you're thinking about choosing Pulse, stop thinking and choose them right now!

When choosing a DJ it was really important to us to find someone that was willing to work with our specific requests and help our vibe for our evening come together, not just tell us what we should do without taking our opinions into account. Karl was the perfect professional for that - he listened to everything we wanted, made helpful suggestions and offered advice for how to make the evening flow smoothly, and did all the behind the scenes work with our day of coordinator so we had nothing to worry about on our wedding day. He nailed all of the timing for the songs we wanted at particular times, but he and his team were also very flexible and accommodating when we wanted to change some things up or make specific requests mid-reception. We knew we our guests were going to expect a pretty high-energy dance floor, and Pulse Entertainment did NOT disappoint - we're so happy we chose them!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

What an amazingly detailed and delightful review, Heather! Thank you so much! Working with you two was super enjoyable and we loved working at your venue for the first time!
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 11/02/2019

Best dj ever!

The best time all thanks to Karl and his team! I think we changed up our plans at least 10 times and he was so easy going ! Even added the bouquet toss the night of the wedding and made it happen! Can’t go wrong with pulse entertainment !

Sent on 11/09/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Marisa! We love being able to be flexible at the last minute to help our couples out!
  • Moira

Moira · Married on 11/01/2019

Pulse Entertainment for 11/1/19 wedding

Karl was responsive from the beginning, even before we officially contracted him. A few weeks before the wedding, he sent out a detailed questionnaire that allowed us to express our interests clearly. The music shifted as the night went on and the demographics changed. While not all of the songs on our "must play" list were actually played, Karl still did a good, professional job of reading the room.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Moira! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Regarding not all of the songs on your "must play" list getting played, unfortunately sometimes if the wedding is running behind schedule we may not be able to fit the entire list in. That being said we are so happy to hear that you were still delighted with DJ Karl and the rest of our team. Best wishes to you two!
  • Nicole

Nicole Drummond · Married on 10/19/2019

Don't even look at another DJ- Book Pulse Entertainment!

I had such an amazing experience with Karl from Pulse Entertainment on my wedding day. They had people dancing all night long, and we keep getting compliments about how great the music selection was! He was super responsive to emails, sometimes getting back to me way after business hours when I was doing my wedding planning. They did my ceremony music as well and everything was flawless. I might also add that I was super vague about what I wanted for music, and his playlist was exactly what I had in my brain but could not quite put together myself. I would 100% recommend Pulse Entertainment!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We appreciate your review, Nicole, and are happy to hear that everything went so well! We wish you two the best!
  • Sameera

Sameera · Married on 10/12/2019

Very easy going!

Pulse entertainment was a wonderful company to work with. Karl was very responsive to all emails, and was willing to talk to me on the phone when wedding planning anxiety finally got to me. Our wedding day didn’t run quite the way we originally planned, but Karl and his team were easy going and just went with the flow of things. They were very approachable during the reception. I would highly suggest them for anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Sameera! We’re sorry that your venue gave you some difficulty on the day of the wedding, but we are really delighted to hear you are happy with how we helped keep things running smoothly for you. We wish you two the best!

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2019

Excellent Service Because of Professionalism

Karl and the Pulse Entertainment team helped make our wedding perfect. I honestly don't have one negative thing to say about my experience with them. Karl is extremely punctual (if not ahead of schedule) and easy to get in touch with. He is truly an expert in the industry and thinks about your wedding at every angle to ensure it goes smoothly while keeping the tone you want your wedding to have. This was the vendor I felt most comfortable with during the wedding process, because I wholeheartedly trusted their judgement and attention to detail. Because of this and their fair cost, my wedding stress was reduced.
    My guests had a great time, which was definitely a result of the Pulse team "working the crowd". My husband and I knowingly chose songs that weren't mainstream, but the team was able to play our songs along with crowd pleasers at a pace that encouraged dancing. The team also ensured the whole night ran smoothly between speeches, traditional dances, last call, etc. We had a video play during our first dance, which they set up so everyone could see, but was not in the way. The team was very flexible. At one point in the night, it was time for the father/daughter dance and the team let me know. I was not ready yet, but they had no problem waiting until I was. They also knew exactly where my dad was before I could even ask!

There were some vendors I had that disappointed me, because they were very expensive, but did not provide quality service. Pulse Entertainment was the complete opposite of this as they went above and beyond my expectations for a fair price.

Pulse Entertainment is truly the best option if you want a team that is a fair price, pays attention to detail, is timely with communication, gives you and your guests a fun night, and is truly the expert in the industry.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Wow Sarah! We were thrilled to read this amazing review and are beyond happy that we could make your special day so perfect. Thank you for all of the amazing and kind words!

Colleen · Married on 09/28/2019

Great With Details and Uplighting

Karl and Pulse Entertainment were incredible! He was very attentive to our needs, even when we needed a few last-minute changes. The music was exactly in line with what we asked for, and everything flowed seamlessly. We also went with the additional uplighting, which completely transformed the event space to be more beautiful than I could have imagined. We are SO glad we went with Pulse Entertainment for our wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Colleen - thanks so much for the lovely review! We are glad you loved the uplighting as it worked really well at your venue. We're also happy that we could accommodate your last minute changes as we want to make the process as easy as possible for all clients. Best wishes to you two!
  • katie

katie · Married on 08/31/2019

Great job!

The guys did a great job! They were very organized and had a great pre wedding form to fill out to meet everyones needs. They did a great job with setting up the three locations we needed (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception)

Sent on 11/08/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, Katie! We really appreciate it and we are glad to hear that you were happy!
  • April

April Yoo · Married on 08/24/2019

Affordable, Professional DJ in DMV Area!

Karl was a great person work with. He personalizes the playlist and he knows what to do! Not just about the music to play, but he provides a whole day schedule with details. You can customize the schedule and he will adjust it quickly. His response time is really quick, so you don't have to wait several days to get an answer for your question! We had guest performers in our reception... and Karl managed really well and everyone loved all the songs he played. If you want to have LIT wedding with chill & cool DJ, he's the one!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review! We loved all of your creative and talented performers, and it was a pleasure working with you and Alex!

April Chambers · Married on 08/03/2019

Definitely Recommend

Pulse Entertainment was great! They listened to everything we wanted to change and were able to incorporate all the changes so smoothly. Along with being super flexible when we asked to move our timeline up. I would definitely recommend Pulse Entertainment if you are looking for a DJ!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks April! It was a pleasure working with both of you! We love being flexible for all of our clients!
  • Kirstyn

Kirstyn · Married on 07/27/2019

So Accommodating and Fun!

This was one of my favorite vendors! Karl made me feel at ease from the very beginning when he took the time to call me and listen to my wedding vision. I was a very chill "whatever you think is best" type of bride and Karl did a great job making suggestions and helping me organize the wedding. He even provided an open air photo booth at a reduced rate! The photo booth was awesome, but it did have some problems and the line was sometimes pretty long while they worked them out. However, the price I paid and the fact that it was one of their first seasons using it made up for it. The pictures looked great and I used to them for my guest book!
    The day of the wedding, Karl was so accommodating. I would run up to him all night long requesting songs, making small changes and asking him to make announcements. He did all this with such ease that the guests never knew I was making changes! Everyone danced the whole night away!
    Just go ahead and book Karl and his team, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Kirstyn! Thank you for your delightful review! We were happy that we could help you with suggestions and organization to make wedding planning a breeze!

As for the photo booth, we do admit that because this is the first year we are offering it there are some kinks to work out, but we're getting close to having everything perfected now. We're glad that you were able to take advantage of our introductory discounted rate, and we REALLY appreciate your support in helping us get our photo booth business off the ground!
  • Conni

Conni · Married on 07/25/2019

Look no further!

Words can’t even express how amazing Karl and Pulse Entertainment was for our wedding last week! We had a few minor hiccups in our wedding and Karl rolled right along with the punches. We did’t get as much time on the dance floor as I would have liked which is definitely not Karl’s fault but the time we did have on the dance floor was nothing short of amazing because of all the great music he was playing! If you are looking for a DJ for your next event then look no further than Pulse entertainment!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review, Conni! We really appreciate it and we wish you two the best! It was a pleasure working with both of you.
  • Eunice

Eunice · Married on 07/20/2019

Great experience! Highly recommend!!

Karl was incredible to work with. He was responsive, he worked with me before and throughout the wedding, and he was a dream with coordinating everything. His prices are MORE than fair, he is great with transitioning music. and he was great with making sure the guests danced! Our wedding coordinator disappeared half way through the wedding, and Karl jumped in to coordinate the father daughter dance, toasts, bouquet toss, and even cake cutting. 100000% recommend Pulse entertainment! Our guests had a blast and I had such a great time thanks to the DJ Karl!!!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Eunice!! We are so happy that we helped to make your special day so memorable. We are really sorry that your wedding coordinator disappeared, but we are glad that we were able to take over for her since being flexible is one of the most important parts of our job. We wish you two the best!

Megan · Married on 07/05/2019

Definitely Recommend!

Karl and his crew was amazing to work with! I was most nervous about booking a DJ because music can make or break a wedding. Karl was extremely professional, listened to everything we wanted, and executed our vision perfectly as our dance floor was packed all night! When looking at other services, mics and extra equipment are extra, but Pulse brought everything we needed for one flat rate! They made the process extremely simple and we could not have asked for a better DJ for our big day!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Megan, we really appreciate your review! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding. Like you mentioned, we include all equipment for a flat rate as to never nickel and dime customers. Thanks again!
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect Wedding Day!

Karl and his team at Pulse are fantastic!! They were extremely helpful, thorough, and courteous. Karl was very easy to communicate with through email or telephone. I'm a very type-A person, and felt at ease working with Pulse Entertainment. I appreciated them taking so much time to be able to talk through ideas to help plan out our day-of timeline. A few weeks before the wedding, we added a photo booth to our wedding plans and it all came together beautifully!! It was such a hit! Pulse Entertainment was very professional and helped make our wedding day perfect- I cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Becky, for the amazing review! We loved working with you to help make your day so special! We wish you and Nate the best!
  • Joslin

Joslin & Blaise · Married on 06/15/2019

Great, local DJ!

Karl and Pulse Weddings were my favorite vendor. They did a photobooth for us, DJed our ceremony and reception, and MC-ed a lot of the event.They were extremely responsive, flexible, organized, and reasonable. Honestly I can't recommend them enough- especially if you're someone that needs organization and doesn't like hounding vendors. In addition, they are a great value for the DC area which is very difficult to find (they were by far the most reasonable I found for both DJ/MC/photobooth without sacrificing quality). Seriously if you're looking for a DJ that goes above and beyond, definitely book with Karl and Pulse!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Joslin! We really appreciate your kind words! We are so happy that you two had a great time!

Cameron · Married on 06/09/2019

Would Hire Again!

Karl and his team did a great job at our wedding! They ensured they would pronounce everyone's name correctly!! They also were able to quick change the schedule when something came up. Would hire again!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the review, Cameron! We try to be as adapting to last minute changes as possible, so we’re really happy that we met your expectations for this.
  • Paul

Paul Diaz · Married on 06/02/2019

Just a truly awesome experience !

Karl went above and beyond my expectations and my family will never forget the excellent experience his services helped to provide for our daughter and our guests!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Working with you and your daughter was so much fun! We loved your attention to detail with all of the group dances, and we are so delighted that you chose Pulse for your daughter’s special day!

Laura R · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Service!

Karl was very responsive and professional. He answered our questions promptly and checked in with us an appropriate amount leading up to our event. The event went smoothly as Karl was very prepared and he played a great selection of music that matched our style and appealed to our guests.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We loved working with you and Tim! Your guests were delightful and we are really happy that we could keep the dance floor packed! Thank you for the amazing review, Laura!
  • Alyce

Alyce · Married on 05/26/2019

May wedding at Rose Hill Manor

I can not say enough about how flexible, professional and respectful the DJs from Pulse were. It was easy to get them the songs we wanted, discuss the best solutions for the party details, and the day of they were so flexible with all the little changes. Karl played great music, and our dance floor was full all night. The last hour we had la hora loca (crazy hour), where we passed out glow sticks, funny hats and glasses, and danced the hardest with the best music. We had the djs on the balcony and it made it a true party experience! Guests have been saying they don't usually dance, and they danced all night. Thank you Karl and Pulse for the amazing services!

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Your wedding was such a fun to participate in, Alyce! It means so much that you chose Pulse Entertainment and we want to say thank you for the stellar review!

Angella · Married on 05/25/2019

Great full service DJ!

Karl, the President of Pulse, has been amazing since our first encounter. My best friend (the bride) talked to him about the different options and decided to go with Pulse without speaking to any of the other vendors we found. He answered emails promptly, even late at night, and he was very accommodating of the bride's wishes. The lighting they installed inside added a nice ambience and the sound/quality of the speakers were great. We were behind schedule, but Karl was good about adjusting to our needs/changes and coordinating with our venue coordinator to make sure everything went smoothly. Everyone got down on the dance floor and it was lit until closing time. The price was fair, especially for this area, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Tina was so lucky to have you helping her plan out her special day, Angella! It was amazing working with both of you and we appreciate how on top of things and detail oriented you were. Thank you so much for the review!!
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 05/18/2019

Easy, flexible, responsive

It was a pleasure working with Karl/Pulse for my daughters wedding. We had a few bumps in the road during the planning process, however Karl did what was needed to quickly rectify the problems. Karl is very informative, friendly and easy to work with. They did a great job the day of the wedding, we utilized them for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. It was all pulled off seamlessly. Thank you for being a part of our special day and making it one to remember!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the amazing review, Dawn! We hope that your daughter had a blast and will remember her wedding night for the rest of her life!
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/04/2019

We danced all night!

We wanted a DJ that kept the party going and Pulse delivered. We danced all night and my guests had a great time. Karl was easy to work and plan with. Announcements were made on time and the quality of sound was perfect.

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We really appreciate you hiring us, Summer! We loved being a part of your wedding and your venue couldn’t have had a better view of the water!
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 04/28/2019

Awesome DJ!

Finding a DJ in this area was hard for us! We felt overwhelmed by the amount of options and had no idea how to narrow down the choices. After having a terrible phone interview with another prospective DJ, we decided to give Pulse Entertainment a call. We first spoke with Karl and we were impressed right off the bat! He was highly informative and up front with the important information for the day. To the contract and what to expect, he really put our minds at ease. The pricing was also very competitive and attractive to us. As it got closer to our wedding day, Karl and his team were very responsive and helpful in offering suggestions on how to achieve a special idea that we had for a play on a New Orleans Second Line parade exit. Karl also followed up to make sure that he had the important notes for the day, including the order of songs for the ceremony as well as how to pronounce the names of our bridal party for the entrance to the reception. On the day of, everything went off without a hitch. It was a pleasure to work with Karl and his team and I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for DJ services.

Sent on 04/26/2020

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Shannon! We are delighted to hear that you were so happy with our team! We wish you two the best :-)

Kelsey · Married on 11/24/2018

Outstanding wedding DJ

Amazing DJ for a very affordable price. I was extremely pleased. Karl (the president) is very responsive and pleasant and was always there for any questions or concerns I had before the big day. Pulse Entertainment was extremely professional and I am so glad they were recommended to me to use!! 10/10 would recommend them!!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Kelsey! We really enjoyed working with you and Ricky, and we are delighted that you enjoyed our responsiveness and professionalism! Thanks so much!!