Pulse Entertainment Reviews

85 Pulse Entertainment Reviews
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

So glad we chose Pulse!

We are so glad we chose Pulse to DJ our wedding. Karl was super helpful and responsive through the entire planning process, so I felt like I had nothing to worry about going into my wedding day. My day-of coordinator ended up being a little MIA on my wedding day, so I was glad Karl had been so prepared with asking for and understanding our entire timeline. He did a great job of keeping things on track, and everyone loved the music! Thank you!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Caitlin, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We are really sorry about your day-of coordinator, but delighted to hear that our staff were able to pick up the slack and help you rest assured that everything would be kept on track. We wish both of you the best!

Kevin Grauel · Married on 10/21/2018

Excellent experience

Karl and his team at Pulse Entertainment did an amazing job keeping our wedding on track, playing the right music at the right times, and having the various phases of the night flow flawlessly. We would definitely recommend Pulse Entertainment for all your Entertainment needs. It was very nice not having to worry about anything going smoothly throughout the process. Pulse was also professional and responded in a timely manner leading up to the wedding and all the planning that goes into it. Karl could not have been easier to work with. Thank you for an awesome night!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your review, Kevin! We are delighted that both of you enjoyed everything! We wish you and McKenzie the best!

Laura · Married on 10/07/2018

Karl and his staff were so easy to work with and professional. He played all of the songs we requested and our wedding guests had so much fun dancing. He checked in with us throughout the night, was setup well before the start time, and had a wonderful attitude. He even helped us create a timeline ahead of time :)

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Laura! Your venue was beautiful and all of your vendors were so easy to work with! We really appreciate the review.

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

Pulse did a fantastic job at my wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long! I could not have asked for a better DJ and MC!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your review, Sarah!

danielle · Married on 09/28/2018

Detail Oriented and Super Responsive....and FUN!

Karl & Pulse Entertainment were amazing on our wedding day...and leading up! Karl was super responsive and detail oriented leading up to our wedding....which made our day super relaxed and most of all fun!!!! The dance floor was packed the entire reception!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

We loved working with you two! Thanks for the review Danielle and for being so easy to work with :-)

Lindsay · Married on 09/22/2018

Could not have imagined using anyone else!

We used Karl and his team to DJ on wedding in September. Karl went above and beyond in helping me coordinate the transition between his company and the late night band we hired. He spent quite a bit of time getting to know our musical desires as a couple. The whole wedding was on the dance floor all night. We could not have asked for a better DJ.

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Lindsay! We're so happy to hear that everything went smoothly and that you two had a great night!

Justin · Married on 09/01/2018

Karl was fantastic-- clear, helpful, transparent, and responsive to all our requests and needs. He even made a custom mix for our mother-son dance, which went over great with my mom. His knowledge of current music was great, and his playlist kept people dancing all night long. We highly recommend Pulse!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Justin! Working with you two was a pleasure and we're glad that we could help make your mother/son dance more memorable!

Russell · Married on 08/25/2018

Karl and Pulse did a great job with our wedding. They provided microphones and music for our rooftop ceremony and MC'd the reception. Everyone at the wedding noted how everything went off without a hitch, and that was in large part thanks to the Pulse team. In addition, the team was very thorough in preparation for the reception -- calling ahead of time to go through all the details and make sure names were pronounced correctly. The dancefloor was crowded all night long. Thanks, Pulse!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Russell! It was a pleasure working with you and Casey on your special day and your venue had such an amazing view! We wish you two the best!

Simon · Married on 08/11/2018

Karl and the rest of the team at Pulse were fantastic in our August wedding in downtown DC. Karl was super responsive and detail-oriented, which is exactly what you need during your wedding planning. We were looking for no frills DJ services, and they definitely delivered. Before the wedding, Karl sent us a template to fill out so that he knew the timeline for the MCing part, get our music preferences, and also practiced names with us over a call. We also got projector and uplighting services, which all turned out great. On the big day, the team arrived early to set up, and the audio was perfect throughout. Would highly recommend Pulse, great value too!

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Simon for your fantastic review!! We are glad you enjoyed the projector and uplighting add-ons as well!
  • Y

Yev & Christina · Married on 08/04/2018

I am SO impressed with the quality of service from Pulse Entertainment! From the beginning to the very end, Karl was so prompt, kind and helfpul in responding to all of my questions and concerns. I even emailed Karl the morning of my wedding to make another small adjustment and he responded in less than 10 minutes saying it was no problem. Karl and his staff were also able to edit music selections for my first dances that were PERFECT. He did not hesitate to incorporate my unique ideas and give me advice when needed to help make the ceremony and reception run smoothly since I did not have a wedding coordinator. Karl was by far my most responsive vendor and I truly felt like he cared about making my wedding perfect. I even recommended Karl to my brother for his wedding that was before my own, because I was already so confident with his level of service. He performed so well at both my wedding and my brothers wedding keeping everyone on the dance floor!! The uplighting was also beautiful and added a great romantic touch to the reception. I would not hesitate for a second to hire Karl again for an event or reccommend him to anyone. It was truly priceless for a stressed out bride to have Karl on my side. I cannot thank you enough Karl for a truly wonderful job that you and your staff did for me and my new husband. Thank you! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and I hope to work with you again in the future.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Christina! Wow...where do we even start?? What an amazing review from you!! Thank you SO much! We absolutely loved working with you and your husband to make your special day perfect. Your venue was beautiful and we were so happy that everything went smoothly. You were amazing to work with as well and were so responsive anytime we had questions. Thanks again Christina! We wish you and Yev an amazing future together :-)

Renee · Married on 07/28/2018

It was a pleasure working with Karl in getting the final day of stuff finalized-- even though my husband and I gave Karl some last minute changes in music and other misc. things, he made sure to accommodate. Our dance floor was a huge success!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Renee, for your review! We are so happy that you had a great time!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/27/2018

We could not have been happier with the service we received from Pulse Entertainment! Everyone was very easy to work with and accommodated everything we wanted for our wedding day. I would definitely recommend Pulse Entertainment to anyone who is looking to put on a great event!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Jennifer! We really appreciate it!!

Caroline · Married on 06/30/2018

Karl and Robert were awesome ! They were easy to get in touch with prior to my wedding. The were calm and informative with all my (many) questions and were very helpful to create my wedding timeline. The guests loved them too- we were dancing the whole night!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Caroline! Our team loved working with you and your fiancé and we just want to say thanks again for choosing Pulse!

Andrew · Married on 06/23/2018

Wow! I cannot say enough how wonderfully professional, patient, and imaginative our DJ team was. The DJ called us ahead of time and got every detail confirmed. Our guests had so many great things to say about the uplighting and music selection. The DJ also impressed us by his professionalism while trying to corral us and our guests and keep us on schedule throughout the night. ;-) Thanks for a fantastic memory!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Andrew, for your amazing review! Our staff were so happy to be there for you and your fiancé and it is a delight to hear that we met all of your expectations! Wishing you two the best in your future!

Matt · Married on 06/02/2018

Pulse was great for our wedding. They were thorough in their preparation and asked great questions that we would not have thought of. We had torrential rain the day of and they had no problems making adjustments to make sure everyone had a great time. They were great at keeping the party going and we got many comments about how great the DJ was. Thanks again!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your review, Matt! We really appreciate it! We're sorry about the rain, but we were glad that everything turned out well in the end!

Kathleen · Married on 05/27/2018

Pulse Entertainment was an amazing addition to our vendor team! Karl was easy to work with leading up to the wedding. He answered all of our questions, was easy to get in touch with, and always responded quickly. At the wedding, the DJs arrived early to set up the sound equipment and the uplighting. The music sounded great during the ceremony and the mics worked great. The uplighting was a last minute addition and it transformed our reception space. The DJs read the guests well during the reception and the song choices kept the party going. Our wedding would not have been the same without Pulse Entertainment.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Kathleen! We loved being a part of your wedding and are delighted to hear that everything sounded and looked great! Best wishes to you and your husband!

David · Married on 05/26/2018

Pulse entertainment was excellent. They were always available to answer any and all my questions. They came up with a great timeline sheet that we were able to fill out and also give to our day of wedding coordinator. Everyone at the wedding loved the music and they were able to read the crowd for what was working. They also played a wide variety of music for all ages so that everyone felt involved. One of the best things we did was get the uplighting for the venue. We originally were not thinking it was going to make much of a difference, however, it made everything look so much nicer and we were glad we went with it. Also side note for those worried about kids, the uplighting lamps were not hot to touch even after being used for hours which saved a lot of problems for those guests that brought tiny children. For the price that Pulse charges for a DJ, I honestly do not see why you would go with anyone else.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, David, for you review! We really appreciate it! We are happy that everyone loved the music and that the uplighting was able to transform your venue! And yes, we use 100% LED lights so there is almost zero heat output from them.

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2018

Karl was awesome! We had such difficulty finding a DJ that fit our style and our budget and Karl did just that. Our initial conversation was so smooth and comfortable we knew then Pulse was the right choice! Throughout planning Karl was responsive and helpful any time we needed and our guests had a blast!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review, Kayla! We are delighted that Karl and Megan were able to fit the exact style you were looking for on your special day!

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2018

Pulse Entertainment was responsive, affordable, helpful, and punctual. Choosing a DJ was our most difficult vendor to book and we are so happy with our choice! Thank you!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for your comments Kayla! We loved being a part of your special day!

Nathan · Married on 05/11/2018

Karl and Pulse Entertainment were an absolute delight to work with. He helped with every step in the process, providing tips and suggestions along the way. He even worked around some of our obscure song selections.

Many of our guests commented on how great the music was at our wedding reception. I searched a lot of DJ's and Pulse came at an extremely reasonable price and still had high ratings. I can now vouch that Pulse Entertainment is worth every penny and then some. I would highly recommend them to DJ your next event.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Hi Nathan! It was fantastic working with both of you and we loved DJing your wedding! Thank you for your kind words!

Kristin · Married on 03/24/2018

Karl was great to work with. Planning the event was super simple. He was organized, asked all the right questions, and even gave us a referral for our awesome wedding coordinator. Karl and his team were very professional on site, did an excellent job keeping to our timeline, ran all of the announcements perfectly, and did an amazing job picking the right party music for our eclectic crowd and intimate venue. He was also very flexible with our "special" requests - including a very detailed playlist from my husband for our cocktail and dinner hours as well as facilitating both the best man AND the groom performing their toasts in the form of a song at the wedding. Overall, I highly recommend Pulse!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your amazing review, Kristin! We loved being a part of your special day and are happy that we could help make everything perfect for you :-)

Kate · Married on 01/13/2018

We hired Pulse to provide DJ services for our wedding reception and couldn't have been happier with their service! They kept the music flowing and the dance floor packed for the whole night. They were super responsive to all our messages and worked with us to make sure everything was perfect for the big night! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the recommendation, Kate! We are thrilled that we had the privilege of working with you on your special day!

Lauren · Married on 01/13/2018

After my sister used Pulse Entertainment for her wedding I knew they were the only DJ service I wanted for my own wedding--I didn't even look into any other DJ service. They assisted in making my wedding day as smooth as it could possibly be, and were professional & courteous throughout the entire wedding planning/wedding process. Karl offered amazing guidance & DJ Romin kept our guests dancing all night as well as execute an amazing exit! Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Lauren! We really appreciate your review and are thrilled that Karl and Romin were able to make your day a success!

Mariam · Married on 10/07/2017

I was thrilled with Pulse Entertainment. They were easy to work with, easy to get ahold of, and made my wedding day easy and fun. Even my guests told me what amazing DJs I had.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Pulse Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for including us in your special day, Mariam! We are so happy that everyone had a great time!