Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

Kristen · Married on 05/20/2016

The Publick House has multiple packages that will work for almost any budget that a couple has. Almost everything you can think of can be included in a wedding package, so it is very customize-able. They are also very flexible and willing to work around a lot of special requests. I had a very nontraditional wedding and reception due to the fact that my mother had passed away and none of my immediate family came, and the event staff made me feel very accomodated considering I wanted nothing to do with many reception traditions. Also, the event staff was always there when I need ANYTHING. If my drink was empty, they were right there with a new one, and they even fixed my dress when a guest stepped on the hem and ripped my bustle. The Bridal suite was beautiful as well. Overall, I loved the Publick House.

Sent on 05/31/2016

The publick house was great overall. The food was amazing, the venue is great. The only complaint we had was during the planning process you were handed off to different people at different times depending on how far out you were from your wedding. For example during the planning process you meet with one person, after the tasting you are turned over to another, then two days before given to someone else that runs that day itself. While we understand that concept so they have backups to their backups we found it annoying when you wanted to ask questions then got bounced around to the person that was responsible at that time. We fell they should give you a point person for everything. Just so you have a single point of contact. But for everything else they were awesome. The other unique thing they offer is they have hotel accommodations on property which was huge for us since 80% of our guests were from out of town. They were great!!

Sent on 04/20/2016

One of the best decisions we made was having our wedding at the Publick House. Everyone on the wedding team was great from the beginning. We worked with Lisa and she was so responsive and so helpful throughout the entire process. Our guests were all in love with the venue and complimented everything from the décor to the food to the staff throughout the day. We got married under the Garden Tent and it was gorgeous. Everyone loved the permanent draping inside the tent and it’s a great way to make the space your own.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Nickie · Married on 06/20/2015

The Publick House was amazing place to get married. They are very prompt in getting back to you and cater to all of your food allergies. They are very professional. Cathy who is the director of catering and sales is great to work with and very helpful! They even give you a person bridal assistance to do the running around at your wedding. Weddings are definitely their thing. They do a great a great job. Their wedding packages are excellent to including : a tasting of not only the food but the cake and they also have vendors there for you to meet, a free night stay and breakfast at the inn to use anytime!

Sent on 06/25/2015
  • sarah

sarah · Married on 03/29/2014

We choose Publick House because of the price, but quickly things add up and we spent more than originally expected. That aside we had an amazing day! Everyone was so helpful and everything is taken care of there. Their business is weddings and they have it down to a science! The area for the cocktail hour is small, I heard some complaints from guests about lack of seating for the cocktail hour (they do have additional space outside when the weather nice, but it was raining) but that was the only negative thing anyone had to say! Overall I would recommend the Publick House. We had the time of my life and we know the Publick House attention to detail played a large part in that. ALSO THE WEDDING CAKE WAS AMAZING!

Sent on 05/19/2014
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/16/2012

The staff at the Publick House, particularly Catherine, Lisa, Josh & Jenna, made planning and executing our wedding day SO EASY! They have the level of expertise that comes from planning hundreds of weddings, without the casualness that makes you feel like just another bride. They thought of things before I even had a chance to ask, and I was able to just relax and enjoy my new husband on our wedding day without a single worry!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Cay · Married on 01/22/2012

I was incredibly pleased with my experience at the PH. Communication was typically quick and professional, and the entire staff (before, during, and after) were a joy to work with. Our guests were treated well, the food was of exceedingly high quality, and I was especially impressed with their flexibility.

Best of all, the PH handles the details and overall organization of a wedding at a standard not typically seen outside of the high-end city venues. With three events and 90 guests, the feat of coordination was truly impressive.

I would recommend the Publick House to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2010

Everyone was so great! Cathy and Josh both worked very hard to make our day wonderful. The food was amazing. The setting was beautiful! I can't say enough! The only problem I had was I had asked for the tables to be sent with the burgundy dishes and they weren't until my mom asked about it. Then they didnt have enough for all the tables. But to be honest I didnt even notice until I saw pictures!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Justine · Married on 09/08/2016

Great venue! Easy to work with staff!

Sent on 09/21/2016

We had our reception at The Publick House. It was wonderful! The food was great, service was great, ambience is wonderful there too. We were in Paige Hall & it looked beautiful!! It is very affordable compared to most wedding facilities! All the girls you work with are wonderful as well.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Brittany · Married on 10/22/2011

Excellent venue and great food! Very helpful and friendly staff!

Sent on 10/27/2011
  • SuzyQ

Suzanne · Married on 11/03/2007

The Publick House did an excellent job with our wedding. We had a pretty tough list of requirements: old New England feel for a fall wedding that would hold up to 250 people and flexible to allow a reception immediately following a 1pm Catholic mass. And of course, easy to work with and wonderful food! The Publick House fit the bill in every way. The planning process went so smoothly, from meetings to the tasting to the actual day of. The food was excellent (the bread baskets were amazing!), the service was efficient and unobtrusive, and the coordination of events was so well done. The packages they offer cover everything from catering to rentals to event coordination to overnight accommodations, even the wedding cake! I highly recommend the Publick House for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2008
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 06/21/2019

Everything you could need on the grounds

This venue was perfect for us. We were able to have our ceremony, reception and guest accommodations all at one location.

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 8

Lindsay · Married on 09/01/2018

3.0

Our wedding at Publick House Historic Inn was a dream come true! We found everything we wanted and more at this venue. The price and the quality cannot be beat! The day of coordinators were fantastic. The coordinator before the wedding was not as responsive as we would have liked, but she ultimately did not let us down. Beautiful day and would recommend this as a venue for anyone looking for a rustic and romantic wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Amy · Married on 10/27/2017

Loved the publick house. Wonderful venue. Great food!

Sent on 11/10/2017

April · Married on 10/25/2014

We had an exceptional experience with the Publick House for our October wedding. We had a small ceremony (65 ppl) in the Barn, followed by an afternoon reception in Paige Hall. We went with the Traditional Brunch package, and the brunch buffet was AMAZING. Our guests raved about how delicious the food was, and there was plenty of food for people to go to the buffet more than once if they so desired. We also had a waffle and omelet station, which were fantastic. The cake was excellent too (we went with white cake with lemon filling, and white buttercream frosting, with a lace design). The Sale staff were all excellent. We worked mostly with Shauna Dandy in the planning stages, and she was excellent about answering all of our questions and emails. The staff were also very accomodating with our table floor plan, which was unusual in that it included both round and rectangular tables, but they made it work! Our day-of coordinator, James Kluge, was FANTASTIC and went above and beyond to ensure that our day went completely smoothly and required no effort or coordination on our part. James was extremely friendly and easy to work with, especially with our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The waitstaff were totally unobtrusive and friendly, and we were barely aware of their presence. We used the library as our hospitality room, which worked out very well because there was plenty of space to store our belongings and get ready. The Barn was a gorgeous setting for an intimate ceremony -- our guests loved it as well.
    Our only complaint was that the Front Desk staff could have been more helpful in directing my mother to the Bridal Suite when she arrived that morning. Overall though, we HIGHLY recommend the Publick House!!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Carolyn · Married on 06/17/2012

We chose the Publick House because we knew they would be able to take care of everything no matter what happened. And they did! We live about 3 hours away from them so it's hard to do everything in person, but they were more than flexible to schedule meetings around our schedule, or doing things through email/phone. I have an allergy to dairy and they wend above and beyond by making a separate cake just for me (and few family members who also needed it), but still being able to give the guests at the wedding a delicious butter cream frosting (my husband didn't want to miss that!). The food was amazing! My husband and I both had a salmon dish, and it was cooked perfectly. Other guests tell me that the food was really good too. I had my two nephews in the wedding party (4 and 6), and the Publick House was great at dealing with them. They can be a handful!

It truly was a perfect setting for our perfect day. I wouldn't have wanted my wedding at any other place!

Sent on 07/14/2012

jenn · Married on 01/29/2011

Absolutely amazing, the staff and venue were priceless.!!!

Sent on 04/07/2011
  • I

Irene · Married on 04/05/2008

We had a fantastic wedding at the Publick House. I really don't think I could have found a better place for the type of wedding we wanted. We were able to make the wedding last the entire weekend from Friday night rehearsal, brunch on Saturday, Ceremony and Reception on Saturday night and Buffet Breakfast on Sunday.

They were very accomodating and gave us excellent pricing and customized items for us without charging extra fees.

The Barn however really didn't accomodate our guests comfortably for the ceremony. We had about 150 guests. Our ceremony was quick, and no one complained. We did like having everything done at one location, so it did work out for the best.

The reception area had plenty of room including room for a 10 piece band. The food was fantastic.
    The staff was outstanding.

We had some confusion on what the wedding coordinator's responsibilities were. A friend of mine was a wedding planner, so she took over and made everything run smoothly. Perhaps it was out misunderstanding and that there really is a difference between a wedding planner and coordinator.

I would highly recommend having a wedding or any type of function at the Publick House. The wait staff and managers are very warm and welcoming and really try to make your event special.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Meghan · Married on 08/31/2014

3.5

I had my wedding at the Publick House last month. We chose Publick House due to the onsite lodging, good deal, and the friendliness of the people we met with (Cathy and Cheryl). I am very glad we did. The day was perfect-- Kris is an *incredible* banquet manager and I cannot possibly come up with enough nice words for her. Amanda was my bridal assistant and she was always there when I turned to ask something, it was great.

The front desk people were excellent with my guests, and even the people in the restaurant made sure to congratulate us. The rooms are adorable, the library very useful, and the cottage was an excellent place to escape to afterward. And the food! We had people raving about this (and this was after months of people complaining that we weren't having red meat or chicken at the wedding). Especially the cake, that was incredible.

I will say that, at the end, I had an odd exchange with a sales assistant. She had been very friendly up till then, but came across rude and stressed me out about a small detail in the last ~month or so. Email can be hard to discern, I know, but it definitely wasn't handled the way I'd want. I mentioned it to Cathy and it was fixed, but just as a caution--don't be afraid to speak up.

Many thanks to the Publick House for the awesome memories we have.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2011

This was the perfect venue for my fall new england wedding. The staff was amazing and so attentive. The food was perfect and the service was perfect! Love Cathy & Lisa!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2011
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/30/2018

3.0

Beautiful during the holiday season!

everything went pretty smooth. There were some small communication things that weren’t to my liking as the bride, but I would communicate with other members of the team and questions were answered. Our night of the team: Anthony and Paige were super amazing!!! We loved them. The venue was spotless, so beautiful, we received so many compliments. If I could do it again, I would!
    Also! The food WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Cake... on point!!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 9
    Publick House Historic Inn 10
    Publick House Historic Inn 11
    Publick House Historic Inn 12
    Publick House Historic Inn 13

Catherine · Married on 08/05/2017

3.0

We fell in love with the venue as soon as we saw it. It is absolutely beautiful, both inside and outside, but we chose to have it at the garden tent and gazebo. The communication was pretty good before the wedding, sometimes you had to contact a few people and we had a couple of miscommunications but overall pretty good! The day of however was absolutely perfect. There was rain/thunderstorms in the morning and we were luckily able to move the ceremony inside. Anthony was the real MVP of the whole thing. He was SO accommodating all day, checking on us and helping guide us on whether or not to move things inside. He was so calm and knowledgeable, everyone just loved him! They were able to throw together a beautiful ceremony inside (I mean come on, Paige Hall is gorgeous!!) and the garden tent stayed perfectly dry with the sides down. The weather cleared up for most of our pictures (some were on the Chamberlain House porch because of a downpour but they were still beautiful and we stayed dry!) then the rest of the evening was beautiful. Nichole was also with us for a bit during the day and she was a huge help! The waitstaff during the reception were also fantastic. Someone dropped a glass on the dance floor and it shattered. Within seconds several staff members were there cleaning it up and hilariously danced around on the rags on the floor - the guests loved it! Anthony led us through the whole evening and it was perfect! We are still receiving complements for how much fun everyone had :) I would definitely recommend this as a venue to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Blair · Married on 06/27/2015

The Publick House was the perfect venue for our Summer wedding! Our guests were simply in awe over the décor, and the food was amazing! Every little detail was tended to, and the day was absolutely perfect! The banquet manager Anthony was there every single step of the way and did a fantastic job throughout the entire night, making sure everything was just right. The Wedding Sales manager Lisa, was beyond amazing throughout the entire planning process. We also rented the cottage for our "after party" so that the guests could enjoy themselves along with us, as we un-wound from the busy day! The Publick House is a perfect venue for a wedding, and we cannot thank them enough for allowing us to have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/22/2013

My wedding at the Publick House was lovely. Every staff member we dealt with leading up to and during the day was great and both Lisa and Cathy were super responsive to any emails or questions I had. A number of small issues popped up the day of the wedding that might have upset a more flappable bride, but overall the venue was really great and they took care of everything so I could spend my time going around and making sure my guests were comfortable. Despite some hiccups my guests still said that the wedding was the best they had ever attended! We had the bacon bar added to our cocktail hour and people raved days later about it. I would recommend them as a great and beautiful venue option for other brides.

Sent on 06/26/2013