Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

Pamela · Married on 04/26/2014

The Publick House creates amazing weddings. They personalized everything for me and made sure everything ran smoothly. They cater to the couple's every need and make sure that problems are fixed before they become an issue. I recommend looking at the Publick House for anyone planning a wedding. Great prices for the market and amazing service.

Sent on 05/05/2014

I had the pleasure of having my wedding at the Publick House last week. I would not have changed it for the world. The venue is stunning, the food is delicious, and the staff is beyond easy to work with. My expectations were met, and than some! We had a Sunday brunch, and it went off flawlessly. I can't get over how easy my day was. My guests have not stopped telling me how beautiful the Publick House was or how great the food was. I would recommend them 100 times over.

Sent on 04/21/2014
  • Leanna

Leanna · Married on 03/30/2014

I can't say enough about the publick house! They were fantastic in every way. From the beginning when I first inquired to when I said good bye after the reception. Lisa, Cathy, Kristen, & Alison were amazing. I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of me, my husband, our families and friends. Definitely worth every penny and more!

Sent on 04/05/2014

How do I even start writing this. We held our wedding and rehearsal here and EVERYTHING WAS BEYOND AMAZING!! BEYOND. The decor, the food, the staff. They truly went above and beyond. Kristin was onsite the day of the wedding and I can truly say she went above and beyond. She even came by to say hi at the rehearsal even though she wasn't working. I had staff holding my dress and an umbrella out in the snow. I had staff watching my 3 year old. All things to just help us out. I will say that I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. It was a wedding people will never forget. it was a 5 star wedding on a budget.

Sent on 01/23/2014

Tina · Married on 12/29/2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Publick House. Each member of staff my husband and I worked with were so wonderful! Very responsive, knowledgeable and willing to help us with any questions or issues we had. And trust me, I ALWAYS had questions. They never tried to upsell us - they knew our budget and respected it but made sure we got everything we could out of it! I felt like through the wedding planning process, I developed new friends throughout my communications with everyone! Cathy, Lisa, Laura and Shauna were wonderful through the planning process! Then wedding day, the manager, Kris was fantastic. She and my bridal assistant, Allie were such a delight. Always with us for whatever we needed each step of the way. We were well aware that they do over 150 weddings a year but we TRULY felt like we were THE ONLY one - that is not an easy task. We held our wedding just after Christmas and I cannot even describe how beautiful the decor was. It was breathtaking. Our guests were absolutely amazed. It was also a WONDERFUL coincidence that the color scheme they chose this year matched our wedding colors. It couldn't have been more perfect. It rained so hard on our wedding day and initially I was disappointed knowing what the forecast was in store as we wanted some outdoor shots BUT fortunately the Publick House is so unique with numerous locations to take pictures - we got some amazing photos. The food was unreal! It was unreal at our tasting and the same the day of the wedding. We also asked for a funfetti cake. Probably the best cake I have ever had. At the end of the night we rented the cottage for our after party. Talk about a perfect spot to have your guests come to unwind and keep the party going. It had EVERYTHING you need - They just updated the decor and furniture too. We were so lucky. We received so much great feedback from our guests on how amazing our wedding was and most of that is because of everything that happened at Publick House.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2013

We held our ceremony and reception at the Publick House last weekend and we were so pleased with everything. Throughout the entire planning process everyone at the Publick House was responsive and helpful, offering suggestions and advice through each step of the planning. The weeks before the wedding Cathy and Lisa helped me with numerous last minute details and went above and beyond with problem solving on my behalf. The day of the wedding our DJ was very late, but the manager Kris handled the situation for us and took the pressure and stress off of both me and my groom. My guests were all impressed by the food and the beautiful winter decor in Paige Hall and the Barn. Overall, working with the Publick House was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • W

William · Married on 10/12/2013

The staff here were AMAZING. I cannot say enough of how smoothly our wedding went. EVERYTHING was done to accomodate us. We felt very welcome, and comfortable with our even coordinator, Jennifer. Her staff was fantastic. But, I will be honest, there was one complaint: That was, the food serving sizes. They were gigantic, and people couldnt finish them. The problem was, their food was so good, you felt bad NOT finishing it up!!! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect-and, that is due to the staff at the Publick House!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Robyn · Married on 10/06/2013

I don't know how I can possibly write a review that will do justice to the incredible experience we had at the Publick House. From our first visit until we checked out after our wedding, every single interaction we had was outstanding. They were always available to answer questions and help us figure out a wedding that would be right for us. We were disappointed when our wedding day dawned gloomy and rainy but they went so far out of their way to make Paige Hall as beautiful as the outdoor gazebo would have been - more so even. We have remarked to one another multiple times that we are actually glad it rained! They went so far as to add additional decorations (lanterns lining the aisle and some floral arrangements) that had been left behind by a previous wedding to help make the indoor ceremony extra special. Literally everyone from the sales office to the front desk at the hotel to the servers and staff in the restaurants was a pleasure to work with. Our guests loved the New England charm and the service and many of them are planning to find a weekend when we can all do a reunion getaway there. I would not have had my wedding at any other place and cannot recommend this venue highly enough. The food was delicious too!! It just oozes New England and historical charm and if that is the look and feel that you are going for you needn't look any further!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

We had our wedding at the Publick House and we would highly recommend it. Even though our wedding was small, we were treated like royalty from start to finish! The coordinator helped with every detail even last minute requests. We felt welcomed, and well taken care of. We didn't have to worry about anything! The event planner was warm and friendly and took care of every last detail. She met with us a couple of times, and always made us feel like our wedding was the event of the year! The food was excellent, and the service was fantastic. I can't say enough about it--Top Notch. I would recommend The Publick House for ANY type of gathering--you will be treated like you are the only guest! It's wonderful!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Chrissy · Married on 09/21/2013

Everyone at the Publick House was so helpful and accommodating, especially Cathy O'Brien, who was so so easy to work with. It was also very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend the Publick House to anyone who wants one stop shopping for ceremony, reception and overnight accommodations.

Sent on 11/08/2013
  • MinD

Mindy · Married on 06/19/2013

Way beyond our expectations!! We can't say enough about the staff and how helpful Cheryl, Shauna, Jenn, Allison, Alec and all of the others were. We did almost all of our planning long distance, as we live in Pennsylvania, and they were wonderful at communicating and being responsive to our questions and requests. On our drive up for the wedding, we got caught in a heavy downpour and with almost all of our wedding items in the back of a pick-up truck, things got soaked even with the tarp. Upon our arrival, the staff was right there helping us get the stuff out of the truck and said not to worry. When we saw everything the next day at the ceremony, they had dried everything and it looked amazing (including our paper escort booklets!). No one could tell anything had even gotten wet. The PH bakery made our cake and it was beautiful and delicious ...no easy feat since we had given them a picture of a pretty unique style of cake that they had not done before and they delivered to perfection. The reception food was delicious and we received numerous positive comments from our guests. We were at the Garden Gazebo, Little Red Barn and Garden Tent and the setting was breathtakingly beautiful which made for some amazing photos. It may sound too good to be true, but honestly we were just blown away by our whole experience with Publick House and would rate them even higher if we could for the above and beyond experience we had with them. Would absolutely without any hesitation recommend Publick House to anyone!! Can't wait to go back for our one-year anniversary! Mindy & Beth

Sent on 06/22/2013

I had very specific criteria for our February 2013 wedding venue: affordable, accommodations and easy highway access. I looked at dozens of venues online, visited a few, but I knew the Publick House was the one as soon as I got there. I first met with Lisa LaCoste and she was very knowledgeable and I immediately felt like I was in good hands.

I couldn’t be any happier that we had our wedding there. We ended up with a huge blizzard the day of our wedding. Naturally, I was panicked and worried, but Cathy O’Brien and Aletha Wood made me feel at ease in the days leading up to the wedding. After talking to them I knew everything would work out.

The day of the wedding Aletha was just phenomenal. When we ran into a problem with the officiant not being able to make it for the ceremony Aletha did everything she could to take the worry off of me. And I truly didn’t worry. I was able to be calm and still enjoy every moment, even through all of the drama.

I read quite possibly hundreds of reviews of other venues before choosing the Publick House. I am 100% sure that our wedding would not have gone on if we had chosen another venue. They were unbelievably accommodating to my husband and I, our guests and our vendors. They truly went above and beyond. The wait staff and cooks even shoveled and shuttled our guests to their rooms after the reception. The staff so generously gave us a yardstick marked at the 28.5” inch mark for the amount of snow we had and everyone signed it with such nice messages. It was hands down the best wedding gift we received. It is now framed in our living room and it makes me so happy and so very grateful every time I look at it. You couldn’t find better people to work with.

Sent on 05/25/2013
  • Jadira

Jadira · Married on 12/16/2012

Cake was delicious and exactly what I asked for rustic frosting with sugared cranberries for my winter wedding !

Sent on 01/07/2013

Michael · Married on 12/08/2012

The Publick House exceeded what my wife and I could have dreamt of for the perfect wedding. The service and attention to every detail was breathtaking. They catered to our every need and the food was second to none. It is almost 1 year later and my family and friends still talk about our wedding as being the most beautiful they have ever been to.

Sent on 10/11/2013

We are so glad we had our wedding at the outdoor tent at the Publick House. They were very professional and took care of all of the details of the day so that we could just sit back and enjoy!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Vanessa · Married on 08/18/2012

The Publick House was the perfect venue for our reception. The staff was extremely professional, responsive & pleasant to deal with. If there is one thing that the Publick House knows how to do, it is throw a wedding. We held our reception in the garden tent. The beautiful weather helped, but this was such a pretty setting for our relaxed, country/garden theme. Having the outdoor cocktail hour was key.
    We were able to fit about 200 hundred guests along with a band and DJ under the tent (with an extension). The tent did not feel cramped at all. The food was fantastic (definitely recommend the traditional turkey dinner).
    We also loved how our guests had the option to stay at the Inn. We held an after party in the cottage up on the hill, which was a blast. We ordered pizza from Sal's and used the fridge for our own beer. The singing and dancing lasted until almost 3am. Last but not least, we hosted a breakfast for our guests in Paige Hall the morning after the wedding, which was fabulous.
    I would highly recommend the Publick House! They took care of every last detail, from the perfectly-pressed linens to making sure our gifts were delivered to our room at the end of the reception.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Alice · Married on 08/12/2012

Everyone at the Publick House made planning my wedding a breeze! The staff is wonderful to work with and knowledgeable! I would definitely recommend them to everyone I know! My wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 10/07/2012

shauna · Married on 08/11/2012

The publick house was amazing everything was perfect. They were so helpful and made sure it was as amazing as i visioned it to be. I could not have asked for anything more from them truly everything i hoped for and more! Thank you so much
    Shauna & Gary

Sent on 08/13/2012

Ann · Married on 06/29/2012

The Publick House turned out to be the best location for my husband and I to hold our wedding in June 2012. From the beginning stages of planning to the finale of our wedding, I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I am in the catering business and now how picky I can be when it comes to the food, presentation, and all of the little details. Catherine and her team far exceeded my expectations during the whole journey. Whether it was answering many questions via email, to last minute guest add-ons, and moving ceremony spaces the Publick House made me feel like the only bride getting married. The entire night of the wedding went smoothly from the excellent food & drinks all the way to the attentive staff helping me all night. I look forward to hosting many more family functions at the Publick House.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Kristi · Married on 06/02/2012

We used the Publick House for the reception of my June wedding and we had the most wonderful time. The food quality far exceeded our expectations and Paige Hall made the most beautiful backdrop for our pictures. With all we had to plan and do for the wedding it was nice that I was comfortable enough to meet with our event planner only twice to finalize the details and let her take care of the rest of the day.
    For a wedding I feel the reception venue should 1. have a great food 2. take care of everything so the bride and groom don't have to do a thing on that day, and they did a great job at both.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2012

This venue was an excellent choice. They were very accommodating! Everyone there is very friendly and it was very clear that weddings are their business. Great job!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Nicole · Married on 12/02/2011

We chose The Publick House based on our very first visit. While we didn't have an exact wedding date in mind just yet, we went to see their outdoor reception tent and really liked it. When we went inside to discuss things in more detail, we came across pictures of The Publick House set up for Christmas & both of us immediately fell in love. My husband is a very easy going guy & didn't really have a set opinion on anything in regards to the wedding. I heard a lot of "whatever you want", but when we both saw this, he immediately turned around & said "This is it"! The rest of our wedding was planned around the winter/holiday theme because of this.

Throughout the whole planning process the Publick House was extremely helpful. They are true professionals and it is easy to see that they have been doing this for a very long time. Due to the distance from our home, and our hectic schedules, we never even saw what our wedding cake was going to look like until the actual wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous!! I can say the same for the decorations & even the food as well.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Robyn · Married on 10/30/2011

I wish I could give more than 5 stars for the Publick House! Our wedding was the morning after a record October snowstorm. Power lines were out and the Publick House pulled through for my husband and I. Not only did the run our reception off generators (with only 2 ovens and minimal lighting!), they were willing to host our ceremony if the church wasn't able to hold it! I honestly don't know how many venues would go above and beyond like that. We still had a beautiful reception and our friend and family were amazed at the service we had at the Publick House. The food was even just as delicious as if they had full power! I recommend the Publick House to anyone.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Andrea · Married on 10/08/2011

My experience working with the people at The Publick House went above and beyond my expectations. The sales team there, especially Lisa, was so quick to respond to any question I had throughout the entire planning process. Catherine and all the catering folks were awesome and the food there is out of this world. The day of, I had 2 fantastic people working right with me - Josh, our event coordinator (great sense of humor!) and Karlene, our wedding assistant. They both made the day run so smoothly and took care of everything, including hunting down scissors when I realized the tags were still on my wedding gown! If I were to ever have another special event, I would not hesitate to call The Publick House. I can't say enough good things about them!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Erin · Married on 09/24/2011

From the moment we pulled up to the Publick House I knew I had found the place! From the gorgeous grounds at the Hillside Gazebo, the the rustic ambiance of Paige Hall, the FANTASTIC staff, great food/drink, plenty of lodging and a pretty inclusive wedding package, what more could a bride to be ask for?!?!? I personally worked with Catherine and her assistant Lisa, but everyone in the sales office was patient, courteous, and a pleasure to work with when planning out all the fine details of my big day.

Would highly recommend the Publick House to any bride to be, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/21/2012