Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 4
Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding at the Publick House. It exceeded all expectations and we would highly recommend to anyone

Sent on 06/12/2016
  • Ericka

Ericka · Married on 06/04/2016

We were blown away by our wedding at the Publick House and highly recommend it for anyone seeking a charming New England venue. Our guests couldn’t stop commenting on the unique and warm atmosphere of both the Hillside Gazebo (for ceremony) and Paige Hall (for reception). In the nine months leading up to our wedding, coordinator Lisa Lacoste and her team were patient, thoughtful, and paid close attention to our needs; they responded quickly to our questions and addressed any concerns. For the wedding weekend itself, banquet manager Kris Jacobson and her staff were in complete control, leaving no small detail forgotten. Our family and friends stayed in hotel rooms on the property, making for a fun, eventful, and easy weekend for all guests. Because we had an earlier wedding that ended around 4 p.m., we chose to enjoy a private dinner at the Inn later that night to celebrate our new marriage. P. S. Amazing cake!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Tracy · Married on 04/24/2016

The staff Is wonderful. From the minute you look at the hall to your rehearsal dinner to your wedding. The food was excellent.
    I also like it that I rented ties for the staff to match my colors. They enjoyed them too.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Jillian · Married on 04/23/2016

The Publick House and their entire team did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding. EVERYTHING was great - from the customer service, to the food, the cake, the décor and the price. I will forever say good things about the Publick House and encourage couples to consider them as a venue.

Sent on 05/02/2016

We were happy with every aspect of our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at the Publick House! They were extremely organized, helpful, and professional. Everything was low stress and enjoyable, just what a bride wants on her wedding day! We also had the pleasure of staying in a suite in the Chamberlain House, which was absolutely beautiful! 5 stars and would recommend the Publick House to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Amy · Married on 03/26/2016

I am so glad we had our wedding here. I originally found this venue because of their excellent winter packages advertised online. They offer a great deal for weddings in January through March so we went with the last weekend of March and hoped for a spring feel. Throughout the planning process Cathy was very helpful and responsive by email.... There are lots of small decisions to make but they guide you through and are very organized and detail oriented. We had a small hiccup in that another couple booked the after party space that we thought we had priority to book... However they went above and beyond to find us another space in the chamberlain house that ended up being awesome for the after party.

We did the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner there which is when we met Kris Jacobson, the banquet manager and Ashley, the bridal assistant. They were both incredible! They went way above and beyond in every way to make sure the space looked beyond gorgeous and the day ran smoothly. The publick house does tons of weddings but they really cared about us and wanted to make sure we had an completey unforgettable day. I gasped when I saw Paige hall before the guests got inside. Kris had seen me earlier taking pictures of the baby chicks they had for Easter and going on about how much on loved them. She arranged a surprise for us to be able to hold some and take pictures with them. It made me so incredibly happy and I was touched. Kris is hilarious and has a wonderful personality. Ashley was fun to talk with and have me good advice for waking in my dress :)

I should mention the food was awesome and the cake was beautiful and delicious. The space is historic, warm and unique. I feel so lucky to have had such a great and hardworking staff that day and I just appreciate everything the publick house did to make our day unforgettable! I recommend them whole heartedly.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Elena · Married on 02/27/2016

February 27th, 2016 was the best day of our lives and I owe so much of it to the Publick House Historic Inn. Louis and I knew we wanted a very classy wedding but wanted a homey feel and good food was extremely important, and we were able to get all of that at the Publick House. Right from the beginning, the staff in the sales office was very helpful. The tasting night is absolutely wonderful. Planning our wedding (in five months!) was so easy because we used all of the best vendors that the Publick House staff suggested such as Michele Bernard as our florist (she is a Goddess!) and Brian from Champagne Toast DJ's (also absolutely amazing). The Publick House has such a great relationship with their vendors so it made our day run so smoothly. Our day was so beautiful because of all the beautiful decor items the Publick House has to offer. Our ceremony was stunning (we payed the extra $250 to have the reception tables completely removed during our ceremony--SO WORTH IT! The space was stunning and very chapel-like). After our ceremony they transformed the room in an hour to the most beautiful reception space I've ever seen. I used these gorgeous while sequin table cloths that literally looked like snow and sparkled with all the white lights in Paige Hall. The room was beautiful and everyone loved how warm it felt. If you don't like typical wedding halls, you'll love Paige Hall! Chris was our onsite coordinator the day of the wedding (and for our rehearsal dinner which we also did there in Craft's Hall) and she was incredible. She even went out of her way to pick up a tray for our unity candle ceremony the night before our wedding! Danielle was my bridal assisant and she was so helpful the day of as well. The food came out hot and was delicious. We also rented the cottage for an afterparty & ordered pizzas from the kitchen--such a great ending to the wedding! Best venue ever!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Michelle · Married on 02/26/2016

The Publick House was the first venue that my fiance and I visited when we were looking for a location to get married. It was also the last one we visited! On the drive home after our site tour, we knew that the Publick House was the perfect place for our wedding. Aside of the site's natural charm and great location, the pricing for all of the services were very reasonable. It's an excellent location if you also need room blocks, rehearsal dinner options, and after parties. We had everything on property - rehearsal and dinner, wedding ceremony and reception, as well as renting a cottage for an after-party.

Lisa LaCoste, the wedding sales manager, was outstanding and very attentive to everything we needed before, during, and after the wedding. She was very easy to contact with any questions and made sure specific needs were met. We had guests, including myself, with food allergies and dietary restrictions and all needs were met perfectly. Her years of experience and friendly personality was one of things that made us decide to get married at the Publick House.

Anthony Scott was our on-site coordinator on our wedding day and I can't say enough wonderful things about him. His calm and friendly personality made the whole day feel stress-free. I didn't have to worry about anything that may have come up, because he took care of everything. He was easily accessible throughout the night, and made sure to check in with us regularly. If there were problems that arose that night, I had no idea! Our wedding day was amazing and a great portion of that success goes to Anthony.

Ashley was our bridal party server and she was so much fun! She took very good care of us and made sure we had everything we needed without even having to ask. She was so friendly and her personality was great, she definitely deserves recognition for her outstanding service that night. I couldn't help but hug her at least once and thank her for making our day great.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Jyle · Married on 12/26/2015

This venue was truly amazing. The staff are so friendly and the hospitality was like no other. They made planning a wedding seem easy. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Emma · Married on 11/07/2015

The Publick House was the best choice for our wedding. We got married in November, and I can honestly say it was stress-free. We had 150 people and everyone fit perfectly inside Paige Hall for our reception (we got married at the Federated Church, right across the street). We wanted to make a weekend out of it, so we had our rehearsal dinner and pre-wedding breakfast at the Publick House. The food was amazing all weekend, and the staff was so accommodating. There were a few small hiccups, but they were easily taken care of by the staff. Anthony, our wedding coordinator, was awesome. He took care of everything on the day of the wedding, and worked tirelessly to make the day perfect.
    We had about 45 rooms rented for the night of the wedding, and everyone seemed to really enjoy their time at the inn. The best decision we made was to rent the cottage, which is $500 per night. It is a large room that has a kitchenette, dining area, and then a huge living room with lots of couches and chairs. This is where the girls got ready the day of the wedding, and where everyone hung out after the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. It was big enough for everyone to comfortably fit, and the party was able to continue.
    I can not say enough great things about our wedding. Everyone made it so easy and stress free! The reception was perfect, and the food was great. We wouldn't change a thing!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Kevin · Married on 11/06/2015

Professional employees, and courteous, they all were willing to do everything to make a perfect experience
    My kids wedding could not have better taken care of. Thank you so very much
    Kevin McCormick

Sent on 11/10/2015

Holly · Married on 10/31/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner at Craft's Hall in the Publick House and it was wonderful. We had rave reviews about the food and staff, and I worked with Laura who was extremely helpful. The room was beautiful and it fit 50 people wonderfully. I would definitely recommend the Publick House for an event.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Emily · Married on 10/24/2015

The publick house was amazing! My wedding was in the tent area and it was beautifully done. I also had 2 guest end up coming who had rsvp-ed no and they set up seats for them, added dinners, and even went out of their way to make them mason jar favors to match the ones I had for the other guest! I would absolutely use them again for another event and recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/24/2015

I had my wedding at the Publick House last fall. They were amazing. They truly are professionals, they are so accommodating and cover all the bases in their meetings. The service from the wedding planners, to the chef, to the servers to the day of coordinator were all excellent. The food was delicious. They were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Mardelle · Married on 10/18/2015

I am giving a 5.0 review to this venue mainly because of our wonderful banquet manager and the amazing staff we had for our wedding day rehearsal, ceremony and reception.
    Our experience at the Publick House started pretty shaky, a staff member was very difficult to work with during the planning process. But then we met Kris, the banquet manager, and she was amazing, she got assigned to us on our last meeting and she was the best person for our wedding day. Super flexible, made our day go smoothly and was an overall treat to interact with. Because of Kris and her wonderful team, I can honestly recommend the Publick House as an amazing venue.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Heather · Married on 10/10/2015

My rehearsal dinner was perfect! The food was amazing and the servers/waitstaff were very pleasant. The room we had the dinner in was rustic and charming and fit our overall style perfectly.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Caitlin · Married on 10/09/2015

Having our wedding at the Publick House was one of the best planning decisions we made for our October wedding. I can’t recommend them enough for event hosting. It was pouring on our wedding day - a monsoon of rain started just before the ceremony, which was supposed to be outside in the Meadow - and the Publick House staff moved quickly and instead we had a lovely ceremony under the tent. Special thanks to staff members Anthony and Ashley for all the help during the rain storm, they went above and beyond. They were even holding the train of my wedding dress up so it wouldn’t get wet! Our guests raved about the food, especially the bacon bar and the mushroom ravioli. Our wedding cake was from the Publick House bakery and was absolutely delicious with real buttercream. The tent is really beautiful; they have put up twinkle lights which just look absolutely gorgeous with the draped fabric of the tent ceiling. Having hotel rooms available for guests on the premises is also convenient as well as event rooms to host the rehearsal dinner the night before! It was also great to work with Lisa throughout the entire wedding planning process; she is patient, knowledgeable, and understanding and we never felt like we had to worry about a thing. :)

Sent on 12/15/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/05/2015

Selecting the Publick House was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. It is more than a beautiful historic venue with lots of charm. They literally are the whole package. Everyone we worked with was friendly, helpful, responsive, accommodating and professional, and they never acted like any of my questions were silly or trite. From day one they took our wedding seriously, and it was 10 months out. Others had told me that wedding planning would come with lots of headaches and would quickly become more overwhelming than fun, but I thought the process was enjoyable. The Publick House helped simplify and keep everything under control. We can't thank them enough for helping make our wedding day so wonderful. I would work with them again and recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2015

The publick house is absolutely phenomenal- our wedding was the most incredible day! Every step of the way leading up to our wedding was a pleasure, the publick house event staff was incredible at answering every question and soothing any worry that I threw their way. Our

Sent on 06/08/2015

Amber · Married on 04/18/2015

The staff at Publick House was awesome throughout the whole process. They make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you and check in with you throughout your day. I was more than once surprised by the things that were done throughout my wedding day that I was not expecting. For instance, during my cocktail hour, my coordinator came to me with a picture of my cake to make sure it met expectations. They also set up everything and take it down for you, so all together they helped remove a lot of the day of stress. They also make sure you have time to yourself and are able to relax, eat, and enjoy yourselves. The grounds and building are beautiful, and I enjoyed them with minimal extra decor.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Charles · Married on 09/19/2014

We have been a fan of Publick House for a long time and thought it would be the perfect place for us for our wedding reception. We couldn't have been more right - Crafts Hall fit our tastes exactly, and they were more than willing to accommodate us even though we had a very small guest list. They took care of set up and tear down, and they didn't have any problem incorporating the little touches we wanted, like letting us use the cake cutter and server that the groom's family gave us as a pre-wedding present. The food was fantastic - many of our guests made a point to tell us so, and working with them was a pleasure.

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 07/03/2014

Everyone at the Publick House made our wedding day run smoothly.
    My family is from MA and my husband's family is from CT so having an on-site wedding at the Publick House Historic Inn was a match made in heaven. Our wedding was outdoors at the Garden Gazebo on the beautifully manicured grounds and our reception was under their beautiful tent. The convenience of allowing our guests to stay the night at the inn was a big plus for us! This cut down on transportation costs for ourselves and guests and the rooms were reasonably priced. The many amenities included in our package were incredible. Publick House created a gorgeous three tiered cake for our reception right at their on-site bakery and all of their tables, chairs and linens were included as well. The food was fabulous! We had the Orchard Chicken, Pan-Seared Salmon and the Wild Mushroom Raviolis as our dinner entrees and our guests were blown away by how tasty it all was!

Our wedding coordinator Kris was incredible. We loved her no-nonsense attitude and her humor. She was warm, welcoming and made our night flow seamlessly. We had a 48 star flag hung behind our sweetheart table under the tent (we were married the night before 4th of July) and it ended up getting drenched in a downpour late in the evening of our reception. She offered to dry it out for us at her own home and re-fold it for us to pick up a few days later. This was touching and we really appreciated the gesture.

All of the staff were quick to respond to emails that I sent in for questions and the rehearsal dinner on site was incredible too. Everyone in our family said that our wedding was amazing and that they couldn't believe how lovely it all was.

Thank you Publick House - we will be visiting again soon and will keep you in mind to host any future events for us!!

Best Regards,

Beth & Christopher Lippmann
    Publick House Wedding - 07.03.14

Sent on 08/04/2014

Dorothy · Married on 06/29/2014

The Publick House did everything possible to make my son's wedding perfect. We never had to worry. The food was excellent. Kristin was there to make sure everything ran smoothly - and it did. She actually visited every table to make sure our guests had everything they needed (or wanted) and directed the staff accordingly. The entire staff was very professional. Our guests say it was the best wedding they've ever attended.
    The wedding was held at the hill side gazebo and the reception was in Page Hall. Cocktails and appetizers were served in the barn and patio while pictures were taken.
    Our guests stayed in the country lodge and the bride and groom and their parents had rooms in the inn. If you love history the inn is the place to stay.

Sent on 07/01/2014

The staff at publick house exceeded my expectations. They made our wedding day more amazing than we could have ever expected and took all the stress off me which was hard to do! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone who is getting married. It was the best decision we made!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Jill · Married on 05/03/2014

Everyone there is great. The service is impeccable. Jen the wedding planner was beyond amazing. Would recommend it anyone.

Sent on 05/15/2014