Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

Jennifer · Getting married on 10/13/2019

The Publick House was amazing! Our outdoor tent wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. The team they have for weddings is unlike anyhing I have ever seen. They know what they are doing!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Heidi Perry · Getting married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful!

Incredible place & fabulous staff!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/23/2019

Garden Wedding & Tent Reception Were Perfection

Our experience with The Publick House could not have been better. The garden gazebo in June was romantic and beautiful. The tent reception made it easy to transition, and the space worked well for our 100 guests. Everyone complimented the food and Bakery Shop cake, as well as the space for dancing into the evening. A wonderful day that we will always cherish.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Angela · Married on 05/26/2019

Great venue and so much more!

I cannot say enough great things about the Publick House. The venue is absolutely perfect, guests can stay on site, they cater the food and make the cake and we even had our rehearsal dinner right there! All of this is only made better by the fantastic staff. They were so well organized and we had a contact to help us with everything throughout the weekend. The wedding coordinator was very responsive and helpful with any questions we had during the whole process. Our entire wedding weekend went smoothly, we are so grateful to the Publick House for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Rae

Rae Ann Barrette · Married on 05/24/2019

Perfect for a rustic wedding

We had a great experience with our May 24th wedding in Paige Hall. Everyone we worked with was kind and professional. Cathy has been there forever and was knowledgeable, flexible, and extremely accommodating. The food and dessert were delicious and the campus extremely beautiful. We love how much Publick House takes care of to relieve the stress of wedding planning. We very much look forward to returning to relax and relive our special evening.

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 17
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 04/26/2019

Best choice you'll make!

The Publick House was undoubtedly the best choice we made during our wedding planning journey. They are so experienced in putting on weddings and it is easy to tell in how efficient, easy, and fun they make the planning process. They truly think of every detail so that on the day of you have nothing to worry about! Now when it comes to the day of.... that's where they truly shine. They're banquet manager Anthony and his colleague Rachel were unbelievable! We have a tornado warning and flash flood watch the whole day of our wedding but with their help, I barely even noticed. They showed up almost as soon as you had thought "I wish we had an umbrella" with 3! They helped with a plan B for photographs when outside clearly wasn't going to work out. They showed up with appetizers when they whole wedding party was starving after the ceremony. I cannot say enough good things about them and how much they went above and beyond. Not to mention the whole team transformed Paige Hall to look even better than what I could have imagined. Go with the Publick House and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Jess Thibault · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Wedding Venue!

We cannot say enough about the excellent service at Publick House. You can tell by the service they provide that they are experienced in hosting weddings. It is as if our wedding meant just as much to them as it did to us. We felt like their highest priority. We got married in April in Paige Hall and everything went perfectly. We had many family members from out of town and it was reassuring that everyone could stay right on-site. We hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and day-after brunch at Publick House, and the service never wavered.

We worked with Shauna leading up to the wedding and Anthony the day of and the transition was seamless. It was like Anthony had been working with us the entire time. Shauna responded quickly to every email and phone call. She was extremely accommodating, and with Anthony's help made sure our day went exactly as we wanted it to. On the day of the wedding, some family ate lunch at the Tavern. For some reason, service took much longer than usual. When Anthony got wind of it, he made sure to that we were compensated.

We received so many compliments from family and friends about the service, food and cake! We look forward to returning every year to celebrate on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 18

Nick Cinea · Married on 12/30/2018

Perfect Wedding day at Publick House

Let me start by saying The Publick House surpassed all expectations and did an A+ job on our wedding day. My wife and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out.

We visited the Publick House for Thanksgiving dinner in 2017 and fell in love with the venue and its staff. We were impressed by how accommodating, friendly and hard-working all the staff members were; and we loved the food and famous sticky buns. We knew right away that the Publick House was where we wanted our winter wedding to be.

The Publick House is especially beautiful with its winter décor! From the Christmas tree and string lights in Paige Hall to the snowflakes hanging in the barn, the setting is mesmerizing and beautiful!

Now back to the staff: they were incredible to work with! Everyone from management to servers went out of their way to make sure we and our guests were taken care of. The Publick House also works to make wedding planning easier for couples by providing optional oil lamp centerpieces and the wedding cake.

We can’t say enough positive things about our wedding day at the Publick House. Our family and friends loved the Publick House just as much and we do. My wife and I have already decided to make it a tradition to return to the Publick House every year on our anniversary!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Emily Mcnally · Married on 10/26/2018

Our wedding October 26th 2018!

We had our wedding at the Publick House on October 26th. We knew as soon as we saw the Publick House Garden Tent it was the place for us. Our wedding day was a bit chilly but the garden tent was well heated and beautifully lit. The grounds are beautiful, perfect for a fall wedding and the Inn has so much New England charm. We loved that our guest were able to stay on site. Cathy and the Publick House Team were easy to work with through out the planning process and we’re able to answer any questions we had in a timely manner. Our banquet manager Anthony and attendant Paige really knew what they were doing the day of and made us feel at ease. The service was great and the food was delicious. All of our guest enjoyed their meals and had a blast! Their wedding packages are very reasonably priced and everything was perfect. Thank you Publick House for making our wedding day everything we thought it would be and more!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 19

Jenna D. · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect Venue

We are so pleased with the Publick House! It was the perfect venue for our wedding in October. The staff was very professional and accommodating. Everyone we worked with was so friendly and helpful. We loved that guests could stay onsite and most took advantage of this. The wedding packages can't be beat... there's so much included and we used their oil lamps and table numbers as part of our centerpieces. The grounds were beautiful, there was pumpkins and mums everywhere which was perfect for our Fall wedding. The rustic feeling of Paige Hall is exactly what we wanted and gave that warm and inviting feeling. We highly recommend the Publick House!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfection!

My husband and I had a wedding of 136 guests and had the best day of our lives. Every employee at the Publick House works hard to make this day the most magical and smooth day for the wedding couple and family. The food is out of this world with very generous portions. The ambiance is spectacular. And the hospitality is warm. So glad we chose Publick House for this special day!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Christine · Married on 10/07/2018

Best Day Ever!

My husband and I were recently married at the Publick House on October 7, 2018 (we had a tent wedding). I can’t begin to explain how happy we were with the overall experience of our wedding day and working with the Publick House. The Publick House was the only venue at which we looked! Initially, we went to view the indoor reception area, but we fell in love with the tent reception and decided to have a tent wedding. We found the overall cost to be extremely reasonable and it also didn’t hurt that we were able to have our rehearsal dinner there and stay in their onsite accommodations. It’s truly a one-stop shop! Communication from the beginning was amazing. I must thank Diana, Amber, and Shauna for being so responsive, professional, and informative. The details meeting was extremely helpful and calmed a lot of nerves I had about the wedding day. They were extremely thorough, which I truly appreciated. A few days prior to the wedding I met with Shauna and our day of coordinator, Anthony. We were able to drop off all our decorations and items and review any last-minute concerns. On our wedding day, Anthony was fantastic! Again, he was very professional, like the rest of the staff we had encountered, and he was ready and available to help with anything we needed. I even had a bridal attendant, Paige, who was so helpful at the time of the ceremony and even bustled my dress and made sure I was fed before joining our guests at the reception. The overall team at the Publick House was wonderful. My husband and I are so happy we had our wedding there. It was truly the best day ever! We also received nonstop compliments DURING the reception about how great the venue and grounds were and how much fun people were having. I look forward to returning to the Publick House for anniversaries and weekend getaways!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Rachael Barber · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Wedding Day

The Publick House was an amazing wedding venue. Anthony the banquet manager and Julie the bridal assistant worked with us the day of the wedding and were very attentive, kind, and helped make the day run super smooth and as perfect as could be. I would definitely recommend requesting those two as the people you have by your side on your big day. I couldn't have asked for a better day! The food was amazing and we got tons of compliments on both the venue and food. Definitely go with the florist Michele Bernard that they recommend; she was amazing and knows the venue really well. The chefs at the Publick House are also great at accommodating food allergies and I felt very safe on my wedding day having a nut/sesame allergy. They took great care of us and our guests. Thank you Publick House for helping make our big day perfect!

Sent on 02/21/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 20
    Publick House Historic Inn 21
    Publick House Historic Inn 22

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2018

We were married at the Publick House in September 2018 and it could not have been more perfect! From the moment we first toured the venue we knew it was the one for us, and everyone we worked with could not have been nicer. Throughout the planning process our questions were answered promptly and accurately and everything was so organized. When the big day finally arrived everything was spot on! From the setup to the food to the reception area, everything was exactly as I had dreamed. Our guests raved about the food and the service, plus the location was amazing and looked great. I also wanted to mention how amazing Kristin was the day of our wedding- everything was seamless. Not only that, but she went out of her way to be kind to my younger sister, who is disabled. That really meant a lot to me and her and is something I will always remember. Our wedding day could not have been more incredible and I am so grateful to everyone at the Publick House! One of the best wedding decisions we made was picking this place!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 23

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/01/2018

Our wedding at the Publick House was amazing! The food is delicious and I’ve had several complements from guests. The inn and grounds are beautiful. And most importantly the staff was wonderful. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and professional. They helped walk us through planning and took care of everything on the day of which was very important to me. We had an event coordinator and bridal attendant who helped make sure everything went off without a hitch and our needs were met. The whole day was just wonderful, exactly what I was hoping for as the bride.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

We had a great experience with Publick House! We planned our wedding in less than a month, and Publick House was amazing with helping make sure our day was perfect on a tight timeline. Their team was fantastic and everyone worked together to make sure everything went well. We used their preferred vendor list which was a huge help in planning since they had all been working together for so long it really took a lot of stress off of us with the planning process. We had our ceremony on the Hillside Arbor and the reception in Paige Hall and both locations were absolutely perfect! We highly recommend the Publick House! We could not have asked for a more perfect day.

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 24
    Publick House Historic Inn 25

Liana · Married on 06/17/2018

I just had my wedding there June 17th, it was originally Sept 3rd but 2/2 a family illness it needed to be moved up to much sooner - Publick house gave us all their open dates and we ended up planning the wedding in a week. It seemed impossible but everyone we worked with was amazing and made it happen. The venue is so beautiful we had the ceremony at the gazebo and reception the white tent. It turned out exactly how I wanted, I don’t think it would have been any different even if it hadn’t been moved, you’d never know it was all done in a week. If anything went wrong I never knew it, everything was flawless. The food was great, the cake was AMAZING. They made all our dreams come true in legit a week!! I only looked at 2 venues prior to seeing Publick House and I knew right away I didn’t want to look keep looking that it was the venue for us and OMG I so glad I chose it.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Anne · Married on 05/28/2018

Everything for our May 2018 tent wedding was amazing! Everything was so well organized and staff was so professional and accommodating! Our banquet manager Tony was wonderful. Everything exceeded our expectations! People were raving about everything! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

My wedding at the Publick House went perfectly. The staff was very helpful throughout the whole planning process and the day of. The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful, and everyone had a great time. They helped make a very special, fun, and memorable day for us.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2018

These guys absolutely know what they're doing and have all the staff and resources available to make it happen. My salesperson, Amber, was always responsive and helped to keep me on track (and forgave my constant lateness). The catering director Cathy was very accommodating. My event manager John was an absolute star and was so vital to having the day go well. He was an amazing problem solver and didn't let anything go astray. Even my bridal attendant Paige was great! I feel like I had an army of well prepared professionals working on my wedding. There were other events happening that day and I honestly couldn't tell; we were never rushed or neglected. Also, the price was a great value! Would absolutely recommend to any future couples looking to get married in Sturbridge!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Jennifer · Married on 02/25/2018

I cannot begin to express how thrilled I am with the Publick House! My husband and I were married there February 2018 and from the beginning of planning until the very end, the staff went above and beyond making sure everything was exactly as we wanted. Our bridal assistant Anthony was absolutely amazing! Anthony was always thinking two steps ahead of us and guest are still telling us about all the little things he did throughout the night that made all the difference. The food is fantastic and our guests were raving! The overnight rooms are cozy and all have their own charm. The Tavern was perfect for late night indulgences and the Tap Room served amazing breakfast. They even made our wedding cake and included a chocolate covered strawberry! All I can say is, YES! For every occasion and reason, YES! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for making our wedding the experience of a lifetime!

Sent on 04/13/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 26
    Publick House Historic Inn 27
    Publick House Historic Inn 28
    Publick House Historic Inn 29

Courtney · Married on 01/19/2018

Such an amazing experience having my wedding at the Publick house. The staff did everything perfectly... all went to plan. Our guests raved about everything. Special shout out to Alec!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Jillian · Married on 12/31/2017

We had our wedding 12/31/2017 at The Publick House. Everything was organized well. The food and cake were amazing. We would highly recommend the Publick House to anyone looking to host an event or a wedding.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Alesha · Married on 10/22/2017

We had our wedding on 10/22/2017 at the Publick House and we are so happy we did! The grounds were beautiful, we had our ceremony site at the arbor and reception in Paige Hall. The staff did an amazing job decorating the hall with detail and care. The food was good and the cake was gorgeous and delicious! Our wedding was everything we wished for thanks to the Publick House!

Sent on 11/13/2017