Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2019

The Publick House was amazing! Our outdoor tent wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. The team they have for weddings is unlike anyhing I have ever seen. They know what they are doing!

Sent on 09/01/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor Nugent · Married on 09/28/2019

Best venue for a wedding

We got married here on September 28th and I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere els! First off the grounds are beautiful well kept. The staff is more then amazing! They went above and beyond for us making sure we were comfortable and enjoying our day! During the planning process they were very responsive through emails and phone calls! We highly recommend Publick House for your wedding venue!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2019

The Perfect Day

We just had our wedding at the Publick House on 9/21/19 and everything was absolutely amazing!! We fell in love with this venue the day we drove in to view it and were sent on our way with a bag of sticky buns! Every question I had leading up to the big day was answered by Catherine O’Brien with such kindness and professionalism. The day of could not have been any more perfect. Allison and Sabrina were so attentive, patient, and so down to earth that our day truly went flawless and amazing. I was told that I was “the queen of the day” and these two ladies definitely made me feel that way. The way the barn and Paige Hall were decorated surpassed our expectations. Our guests all raved about how beautiful everything was and how wonderful the food was especially the cake. We know we made the right choice about where we were going to get married from the second the day started. Thank you to all that were involved we appreciate it all from start to finish. ~Danielle and Jeff Wallen

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Weiner · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Venue for the Best Day

We had the best experience imaginable at the Publick House for our end-of-summer wedding. We recommend it as highly as possible.

From the moment we toured the grounds with one of the amazing wedding staff, we knew this was the right place for us. There are so many gorgeous and thoughtful touches—the variety of guest rooms, the ever-changing but always stunning landscaping, the Cottage for post-wedding hangout, and the incredible venues onsite.

The planning process was made so much easier by the wedding staff. I’ve told so many people how amazing it was to feel less stressed out after each detail appointment, because the staff were so competent and friendly. They were easygoing about things that we wanted to do differently, and they always had a great suggestion for things we weren’t sure about. I was particularly touched by their flexibility with my dietary restrictions at every step of the process, which included bringing me an individual assortment of meals to try on a literal silver platter at the tasting night.

On the day of, everyone was so unbelievably kind. They were present whenever we needed something and then seemed to melt away for the more personal moments.

Our considerable array of family and friends told us all weekend (and in the weekends since!) how great of a time they had taking over the Publick House for that weekend. They made our day so special, and we could not be more grateful.

(Photo by the incredible Katlyn Reilly!)

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 8
  • Heidi

Heidi Perry · Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful!

Incredible place & fabulous staff!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/23/2019

Garden Wedding & Tent Reception Were Perfection

Our experience with The Publick House could not have been better. The garden gazebo in June was romantic and beautiful. The tent reception made it easy to transition, and the space worked well for our 100 guests. Everyone complimented the food and Bakery Shop cake, as well as the space for dancing into the evening. A wonderful day that we will always cherish.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Angela · Married on 05/26/2019

Great venue and so much more!

I cannot say enough great things about the Publick House. The venue is absolutely perfect, guests can stay on site, they cater the food and make the cake and we even had our rehearsal dinner right there! All of this is only made better by the fantastic staff. They were so well organized and we had a contact to help us with everything throughout the weekend. The wedding coordinator was very responsive and helpful with any questions we had during the whole process. Our entire wedding weekend went smoothly, we are so grateful to the Publick House for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Rae

Rae Ann Barrette · Married on 05/24/2019

Perfect for a rustic wedding

We had a great experience with our May 24th wedding in Paige Hall. Everyone we worked with was kind and professional. Cathy has been there forever and was knowledgeable, flexible, and extremely accommodating. The food and dessert were delicious and the campus extremely beautiful. We love how much Publick House takes care of to relieve the stress of wedding planning. We very much look forward to returning to relax and relive our special evening.

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 18
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 04/26/2019

Best choice you'll make!

The Publick House was undoubtedly the best choice we made during our wedding planning journey. They are so experienced in putting on weddings and it is easy to tell in how efficient, easy, and fun they make the planning process. They truly think of every detail so that on the day of you have nothing to worry about! Now when it comes to the day of.... that's where they truly shine. They're banquet manager Anthony and his colleague Rachel were unbelievable! We have a tornado warning and flash flood watch the whole day of our wedding but with their help, I barely even noticed. They showed up almost as soon as you had thought "I wish we had an umbrella" with 3! They helped with a plan B for photographs when outside clearly wasn't going to work out. They showed up with appetizers when they whole wedding party was starving after the ceremony. I cannot say enough good things about them and how much they went above and beyond. Not to mention the whole team transformed Paige Hall to look even better than what I could have imagined. Go with the Publick House and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Jess Thibault · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Wedding Venue!

We cannot say enough about the excellent service at Publick House. You can tell by the service they provide that they are experienced in hosting weddings. It is as if our wedding meant just as much to them as it did to us. We felt like their highest priority. We got married in April in Paige Hall and everything went perfectly. We had many family members from out of town and it was reassuring that everyone could stay right on-site. We hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and day-after brunch at Publick House, and the service never wavered.

We worked with Shauna leading up to the wedding and Anthony the day of and the transition was seamless. It was like Anthony had been working with us the entire time. Shauna responded quickly to every email and phone call. She was extremely accommodating, and with Anthony's help made sure our day went exactly as we wanted it to. On the day of the wedding, some family ate lunch at the Tavern. For some reason, service took much longer than usual. When Anthony got wind of it, he made sure to that we were compensated.

We received so many compliments from family and friends about the service, food and cake! We look forward to returning every year to celebrate on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 19

Nick Cinea · Married on 12/30/2018

Perfect Wedding day at Publick House

Let me start by saying The Publick House surpassed all expectations and did an A+ job on our wedding day. My wife and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out.

We visited the Publick House for Thanksgiving dinner in 2017 and fell in love with the venue and its staff. We were impressed by how accommodating, friendly and hard-working all the staff members were; and we loved the food and famous sticky buns. We knew right away that the Publick House was where we wanted our winter wedding to be.

The Publick House is especially beautiful with its winter décor! From the Christmas tree and string lights in Paige Hall to the snowflakes hanging in the barn, the setting is mesmerizing and beautiful!

Now back to the staff: they were incredible to work with! Everyone from management to servers went out of their way to make sure we and our guests were taken care of. The Publick House also works to make wedding planning easier for couples by providing optional oil lamp centerpieces and the wedding cake.

We can’t say enough positive things about our wedding day at the Publick House. Our family and friends loved the Publick House just as much and we do. My wife and I have already decided to make it a tradition to return to the Publick House every year on our anniversary!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Hayley Eagan · Married on 12/10/2018

10/10 in all reguards

The Publick House is an absolutely charming and sophisticated operation. They know exactly how to coordinate and manage weddings all while keeping your day special and yours! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else - highly recommend as you're in great hands all through the process!!!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Katelyn Despres · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect Day

Everyone at the Publick House was amazing. So nice and professional. They all helped make our day perfect. They kept everyone on time and coordinated everything perfectly. They were very attentive and quick if we needed anything. All of our guests complimented us on picking such an amazing venue for our wedding day. Even with the nor’easter ruining the initial plan for ceremony outside publick house still made sure our ceremony was perfect. I completely forgot that the original plan was to have it outside. The whole place is gorgeous. The food was amazing. They customized our cake perfectly.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Emily Mcnally · Married on 10/26/2018

Our wedding October 26th 2018!

We had our wedding at the Publick House on October 26th. We knew as soon as we saw the Publick House Garden Tent it was the place for us. Our wedding day was a bit chilly but the garden tent was well heated and beautifully lit. The grounds are beautiful, perfect for a fall wedding and the Inn has so much New England charm. We loved that our guest were able to stay on site. Cathy and the Publick House Team were easy to work with through out the planning process and we’re able to answer any questions we had in a timely manner. Our banquet manager Anthony and attendant Paige really knew what they were doing the day of and made us feel at ease. The service was great and the food was delicious. All of our guest enjoyed their meals and had a blast! Their wedding packages are very reasonably priced and everything was perfect. Thank you Publick House for making our wedding day everything we thought it would be and more!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 20

Jenna D. · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect Venue

We are so pleased with the Publick House! It was the perfect venue for our wedding in October. The staff was very professional and accommodating. Everyone we worked with was so friendly and helpful. We loved that guests could stay onsite and most took advantage of this. The wedding packages can't be beat... there's so much included and we used their oil lamps and table numbers as part of our centerpieces. The grounds were beautiful, there was pumpkins and mums everywhere which was perfect for our Fall wedding. The rustic feeling of Paige Hall is exactly what we wanted and gave that warm and inviting feeling. We highly recommend the Publick House!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfection!

My husband and I had a wedding of 136 guests and had the best day of our lives. Every employee at the Publick House works hard to make this day the most magical and smooth day for the wedding couple and family. The food is out of this world with very generous portions. The ambiance is spectacular. And the hospitality is warm. So glad we chose Publick House for this special day!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Christine · Married on 10/07/2018

Best Day Ever!

My husband and I were recently married at the Publick House on October 7, 2018 (we had a tent wedding). I can’t begin to explain how happy we were with the overall experience of our wedding day and working with the Publick House. The Publick House was the only venue at which we looked! Initially, we went to view the indoor reception area, but we fell in love with the tent reception and decided to have a tent wedding. We found the overall cost to be extremely reasonable and it also didn’t hurt that we were able to have our rehearsal dinner there and stay in their onsite accommodations. It’s truly a one-stop shop! Communication from the beginning was amazing. I must thank Diana, Amber, and Shauna for being so responsive, professional, and informative. The details meeting was extremely helpful and calmed a lot of nerves I had about the wedding day. They were extremely thorough, which I truly appreciated. A few days prior to the wedding I met with Shauna and our day of coordinator, Anthony. We were able to drop off all our decorations and items and review any last-minute concerns. On our wedding day, Anthony was fantastic! Again, he was very professional, like the rest of the staff we had encountered, and he was ready and available to help with anything we needed. I even had a bridal attendant, Paige, who was so helpful at the time of the ceremony and even bustled my dress and made sure I was fed before joining our guests at the reception. The overall team at the Publick House was wonderful. My husband and I are so happy we had our wedding there. It was truly the best day ever! We also received nonstop compliments DURING the reception about how great the venue and grounds were and how much fun people were having. I look forward to returning to the Publick House for anniversaries and weekend getaways!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Rachael Barber · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Wedding Day

The Publick House was an amazing wedding venue. Anthony the banquet manager and Julie the bridal assistant worked with us the day of the wedding and were very attentive, kind, and helped make the day run super smooth and as perfect as could be. I would definitely recommend requesting those two as the people you have by your side on your big day. I couldn't have asked for a better day! The food was amazing and we got tons of compliments on both the venue and food. Definitely go with the florist Michele Bernard that they recommend; she was amazing and knows the venue really well. The chefs at the Publick House are also great at accommodating food allergies and I felt very safe on my wedding day having a nut/sesame allergy. They took great care of us and our guests. Thank you Publick House for helping make our big day perfect!

Sent on 02/21/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 21
    Publick House Historic Inn 22
    Publick House Historic Inn 23

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2018

We were married at the Publick House in September 2018 and it could not have been more perfect! From the moment we first toured the venue we knew it was the one for us, and everyone we worked with could not have been nicer. Throughout the planning process our questions were answered promptly and accurately and everything was so organized. When the big day finally arrived everything was spot on! From the setup to the food to the reception area, everything was exactly as I had dreamed. Our guests raved about the food and the service, plus the location was amazing and looked great. I also wanted to mention how amazing Kristin was the day of our wedding- everything was seamless. Not only that, but she went out of her way to be kind to my younger sister, who is disabled. That really meant a lot to me and her and is something I will always remember. Our wedding day could not have been more incredible and I am so grateful to everyone at the Publick House! One of the best wedding decisions we made was picking this place!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 24
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 09/16/2018

Everything was Perfect!

Wedding planning can be stressful, but Publick House made it super easy for us. Everything leading up to and day of was taken care of with expert precision. I could not be happier. The garden tent wedding was exactly what we were looking for for our big day. Kristin was so helpful in guiding us through the day. The team put out our lawn games and took care of every detail. The food was amazing (we kept reading reviews about their great cakes/bakery, and can 100% agree!). Our guests loved the food and ambience. We couldn't be happier with the service we received, and the wonderful experience we had. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Publick House Historic Inn 29
    Publick House Historic Inn 30
    Publick House Historic Inn 31

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/01/2018

Our wedding at the Publick House was amazing! The food is delicious and I’ve had several complements from guests. The inn and grounds are beautiful. And most importantly the staff was wonderful. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and professional. They helped walk us through planning and took care of everything on the day of which was very important to me. We had an event coordinator and bridal attendant who helped make sure everything went off without a hitch and our needs were met. The whole day was just wonderful, exactly what I was hoping for as the bride.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

We had a great experience with Publick House! We planned our wedding in less than a month, and Publick House was amazing with helping make sure our day was perfect on a tight timeline. Their team was fantastic and everyone worked together to make sure everything went well. We used their preferred vendor list which was a huge help in planning since they had all been working together for so long it really took a lot of stress off of us with the planning process. We had our ceremony on the Hillside Arbor and the reception in Paige Hall and both locations were absolutely perfect! We highly recommend the Publick House! We could not have asked for a more perfect day.

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Publick House Historic Inn 32
    Publick House Historic Inn 33

Liana · Married on 06/17/2018

I just had my wedding there June 17th, it was originally Sept 3rd but 2/2 a family illness it needed to be moved up to much sooner - Publick house gave us all their open dates and we ended up planning the wedding in a week. It seemed impossible but everyone we worked with was amazing and made it happen. The venue is so beautiful we had the ceremony at the gazebo and reception the white tent. It turned out exactly how I wanted, I don’t think it would have been any different even if it hadn’t been moved, you’d never know it was all done in a week. If anything went wrong I never knew it, everything was flawless. The food was great, the cake was AMAZING. They made all our dreams come true in legit a week!! I only looked at 2 venues prior to seeing Publick House and I knew right away I didn’t want to look keep looking that it was the venue for us and OMG I so glad I chose it.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Anne · Married on 05/28/2018

Everything for our May 2018 tent wedding was amazing! Everything was so well organized and staff was so professional and accommodating! Our banquet manager Tony was wonderful. Everything exceeded our expectations! People were raving about everything! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

My wedding at the Publick House went perfectly. The staff was very helpful throughout the whole planning process and the day of. The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful, and everyone had a great time. They helped make a very special, fun, and memorable day for us.

Sent on 06/14/2018