136 Reviews for Publick House Historic Inn

Buffet (2)
Specialty Wine (2)
Specialty Beer (1)
136 Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Such an amazing experience having my wedding at the Publick house. The staff did everything perfectly... all went to plan. Our guests raved about everything. Special shout out to Alec!

Profile Picture Courtney, 1/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had our wedding 12/31/2017 at The Publick House. Everything was organized well. The food and cake were amazing. We would highly recommend the Publick House to anyone looking to host an event or a wedding.

Profile Picture Jillian , 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding on 10/22/2017 at the Publick House and we are so happy we did! The grounds were beautiful, we had our ceremony site at the arbor and reception in Paige Hall. The staff did an amazing job decorating the hall with detail and care. The food was good and the cake was gorgeous and delicious! Our wedding was everything we wished for thanks to the Publick House!

Profile Picture Alesha, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience in working with their wedding team. They were accommodating, friendly and professional. There are multiple places to take photos and has a modern, barn feel; very handicap accessible for any family photos that are needed. The food was delicious-- our guests commented on this on multiple occasions.

Photo
Profile Picture Sara, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just got married here on 9/23/2017 and no matter how many amazing things I write, it will not be enough! I can not even begin to describe how incredible the team at the Publick House is, especially Catherine O'Brien and Kristin Jacobson. And the pictures featured here are nice, but they do not capture how absolutely stunning the grounds are in person. There was some construction going on next door and it could still not take away from the romantic, rustic, New England charm that radiates from this place. We were married in the meadow, under the tree and had our ceremony in the tent. The tent was set up to perfection, everything looked better than I could have imagined it. The food was INCREDIBLE, even the bread basket blew our minds! I highly recommend the orchard chicken dish. My family and friends raved about it all night and the next day. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are comfortable. The staff was there at every turn, shuttling us in golf carts, helping us put on boutonnières, guiding us through the cake cutting, first dances etc. We looked at a lot of venues, but this was the one for us. Also, it was incredibly affordable for everything that you get. The cake for instance is included in the package and oh my god. It was baked fresh that day and decorated just like the picture I sent, gorgeous and delicious! I could go on and on. We had so much FUN at our wedding and that is because the staff took care of everything else. -Julie B

Profile Picture Julie, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

A friend recommend the publick house when we started our search for venues. Once I had a tour of this beautiful place I fell in love, I didn't even go look at any other venus! It was everything I ever wanted in a wedding. You can turn this place into whatever kind of wedding you wish! I had a country rustic wedding and it fit perfectly

Profile Picture Arianna, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

Our wedding day was perfect! The gazebo and garden tent were beautiful and the staff were amazing! We highly recommend the Publick House for any engaged couples planning their wedding.

Profile Picture Erin, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Flatware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

The Publick House was amazing! Our outdoor tent wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. The team they have for weddings is unlike anyhing I have ever seen. They know what they are doing!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

The Publick House made the wedding of our dreams come true. They guided us every step of the way, were so responsive and helpful every step of the way and stepped it up even more on the day of the wedding. They guided us through every detail (even the tiny ones!), our rehearsal went very smoothly and the wedding day was so easy with them guiding us along every hour leading up the ceremony. We knew we would be happy with them, but we're beyond impressed how great they were and and couldn't have asked for a better experience for our big day.

Profile Picture Kristin , 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

What more can I say about the Publick House besides PERFECTION! We were planning our wedding from California and every step of the process was a breeze. They accommodated our schedule for tasting and other detail meetings depending on when we would be on the east coast. It was such a pleasure working with everyone. Cathy helped us the whole way with updated detail sheets and answered every single email and question I could possibly come up with! When it was finally time for our wedding weekend and we finally arrived at the venue we were AMAZED. The property is beautiful and the old New England charm was just as we imagined. We had non stop compliments from all of our guests and it was a joy to spend the weekend with all of them right at the venue. Our wedding went off without a hitch (that we know of) and we couldn't have imagine a more perfect wedding. The team at the Publick House are true professionals and know what they are doing. The food, the atmosphere everything was perfect. We cannot wait to go back for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Whitney, 7/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Aisle Markers, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

So far they have made the wedding planning process so much easier than I was expecting. They are quick to answer any question you may have and help you with all of the many decisions to be made. The venue is gorgeous! I cannot wait for the wedding I know it will be perfect!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From finding the Publick House to our final walk through, rehearsal and reception it was the easiest experience and made our day even better as a result. There wasn't a thing the staff didn't have under control. Special thanks to Amber and Anthony!

Profile Picture Veronica, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

When we visited the publick house on our search for wedding venues we knew we had found the right place for us. There were so many things we liked, but above all we felt really comfortable with the wedding sales staff. They were very welcoming, receptive to our ideas and they took time to go over every possible option we were interested in. Amber took over our account for Lisa, our previous wedding sales manager, and she did a great job. She answered all our questions on a timely manner. she addressed all our concerns. The venue itself has a unique historic charm, with all the modern amenities. The location is great, located one minute from I84 with plenty of parking. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Craft Room and it was great, very spacious and comfortable. Our wedding was in the Garden Tent, which looks really nice especially at night. The food is delicious with plenty of variety to choose from. We chose to have the “bacon bar” during our cocktail hour, we cannot overstate how much of a hit that was, it was awesome. They have a bakery onsite that created an amazing cake for us, and we can’t forget to mention their famous pecan rolls. Our ceremony had to be moved in doors because it rained on our wedding day, but the staff at the Publick house did such an amazing job setting up in doors and everything went off without a hitch. Our Banquet manager for our wedding night was Anthony and we cannot say enough about the incredible job he did. He was always several steps ahead of everything, we did’t have to worry about a thing. Thank you Anthony! And thank you Publick House!

Profile Picture Jerry, 6/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

In my opinion, The Publick House is the perfect venue for a wedding whether you want an outside or inside wedding. They are there to help you from start to finish and for everything in between along the way. They have so much experience, and are in sync with all the vendors. Honestly, you can't go wrong choosing the Publick House and their preferred vendors. There are so many beautiful backgrounds for pictures both inside and out. Their food is fabulous, the bakery is phenomenal and the staff are so professional. Their pricing is very reasonable and includes things that other venues don't offer. Their experienced staff can answer any question and save you tons of time making decisions. A bonus is their variety of lodging on site at various prices so your guests can stay overnight. This is especially helpful for an evening wedding. Everything was virtually flawless and I can't say enough good things about this venue or their staff or vendors. We are so happy we planned our wedding with The Publick House!

Profile Picture Bev Savoie &, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Favors & Gifts, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding here on 4/22/17 and it was the most amazing time. We were engaged in 2015 and booked our wedding here at the end of that year. We loved the cozy rustic feel of the Publick House and also that everything was onsite. We had an open bar and did not want people to drink and drive and we also did not want to rent buses. People loved that they were walking distance to their rooms, the cottage was available to rent for after the reception and all of our guests had an amazing time at the after party, we were up until 5am! Throughout my entire wedding process the staff was very responsive to my questions and emails. I never waited more than a day for a response from them. Another thing I loved about this place was that everything was included if you did not want to DIY items (I am not a DIY person). I used their centerpieces and card box, the cake was included in the cost. Also the venue puts out all of the decorative items you may have (some places make you assign family or friends to do it the day of). I just had to drop my stuff of with them and the staff set up my seating cards, lights and a couple signs I had. Overall this was the best experience and I highly recommend having your wedding there if you are thinking about it!

Profile Picture Jillian, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding at the Publick House! They were more then accommodating with making our wedding what we wanted and made sure we had not only an amazing wedding night but amazing wedding weekend! We were married inside Paige Hall and our reception followed in the same location. The ambiance was wonderful and the food was amazing. I can highly recommend the Publick House for a wedding!

Profile Picture Alisha, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Okay so my wife and I are scared to spend money, it makes us ill to do so, the price for the Publick House was so inside our budget. It was the first and last place we looked to have our wedding and it was beautiful. The day of we really just had to be there, they were on top of everything and thought of everything. It was the best when we walked out of the room after just being married and someone was waiting with a tray of booze. I tell everyone to get married there. You, reading this, GO GET MARRIED THERE.

Profile Picture Jake, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Although I was not able to have my wedding at the Public House (because we were having a winter wedding and had too many guests for their ballroom) I did have my wedding shower there! We had about 48 people in Crafts Hall and it was a perfect fit for a cool winter morning! The beautiful historic look provides enough of a background that you don't even need that much decor! The brunch was hot and amazing and cupcakes that were served were delicious! It was a great day and all my guests had a great time!

Profile Picture April, 2/25/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Cash Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Dessert, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

We had our wedding at The Publick House on 12-31-16. There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how perfect and wonderful it was. Kris, Danielle, Cathy and everyone was amazing. Special thanks to Danielle, our bridal assistant. She was always right next to us with everything we needed throughout the night before we even knew we needed it. The communication from our coordinator up to the big day, throughout the big day, and after with any questions or comments were answered immediately. Our ceremony and reception were both held in Paige Hall and the staff did an amazing job flipping the room quickly and seamlessly during cocktail hour. The food was delicious, and the cake even more delicious. Our stay in the lodging there was great, clean, and enough space for all our guests, as well as rooms were big enough for the bridal party to get ready in. Our wedding was spectacular, we got a ton of compliments from our guests, and there is nothing negative I could say about this venue. Highly recommend the publick house!

Profile Picture Logan, 12/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We cannot even begin to describe how magical, stunning and beautiful our December wedding was at Publick House in Sturbridge. From the day we booked our event, the staff was readily available for questions, contacted me regularly for verification of information, and answered any questions I had along the way. When dropping off our decor and having our final meeting I was completely at ease once meeting our banquet manager that would lead our day, Kristen (Kris). We reviewed paperwork to check that we had everything we needed and she was right on point with everything making me feel like I didn't have to think about the details any more! That is such a a great feeling to be able to just relax going into the wedding weekend. Upon the actual ceremony day, the staff was attentive, directed the plans as we had discussed, and helped corral everyone to be sure we got things done as planned. Also, Danielle, my bridal assistant, was awesome! Everyone at Publick House displayed professionalism, showed genuine interest and concern in making sure our day went off as planned, and was cordial and happy to be part of our day! I would highly recommend this beautiful venue for any event!

Profile Picture User7537480, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Publick House was the perfect venue for a wedding. We were married November 19, 2016 and everything went smoothly. The venue is beautiful and accommodating. The staff was great and never treated you like an inconvenience. My husband and I had a wonderful time and I was thankful for all the smiles and help from the staff. We also had our rehearsal dinner there and it was well worth it! It was another beautiful event and the bake shop cakes were amazing!

Profile Picture User7431231, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Publick House was the absolute perfect spot for our wedding reception. For fall weddings, it cannot be beat. It's cozy, warm, and just very welcoming. There are so many positive things to note:

1. Food, bar, and cake are all taken care of in-house. I found it really helpful to not have to worry about separate caterers. The food and cake were delicious. They do a tasting a few times a year for couples to try the food, and that was a great event. We chose salmon, prime rib, and turkey (two choices included, we picked one extra for a fee). Vegetarian option is also available. I heard that that was not as good as the rest of the food, but since it's chef's choice, it could have just been underwhelming on the day of our wedding.

2. Lodging on the premises. Cannot say how helpful this was. Almost all of our guests were coming from out of town (including us!), so this was a huge benefit. Guests could just walk to their room when they were tired. The bridal suite was in the Chamberlain House, and it was beautiful. It was the perfect size for my five bridesmaids and I to get ready (and that included enough space for the two hairdressers and their equipment to get in too!). Bridal suite is included in wedding package for night of the wedding.

3. Paige Hall. This is where we had our reception, and it was so charming and beautiful. It fits about 160 people. We found it to be the perfect size--cozy, but definitely not cramped. It was the perfect place for us.

4. Lisa LaCoste and the other people who help with weddings at the Publick House. Everyone was a pleasure to work with. Lisa was truly exceptional. She helped put me, my husband, and my parents at ease when we were starting to get frazzled about plans, and she was always available leading up to the wedding. Cannot thank her and the rest of the staff enough.

Check out the Publick House, and get a pecan roll while you are there!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/29/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Parking, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, Flatware, Linens

As two twenty-somethings looking to get married, it was so tough to find a venue that was beautiful, affordable, charming, helpful, and did I mention affordable? The Publick House fits the bill and more. It was everything we wanted. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and best of all, our guests were able to find rooms on site. It really helped to complete the intimate vibe that we were going for. Thank you so much Cathy!

Profile Picture Dan, 10/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Publick House was the whole package, wedding planner, catering, hotel rooms. They were flawless. I didn't notice the staff around on the day, but the second I needed anything they were right there and ready to go. The entire day was coordinated and ran so incredibly flawlessly. We also had the cottage house as an after party and breakfast meeting place and that worked do well. There were two other weddings on the same day, and we were in the garden tent where they had a lunch earlier in the day...you wouldn't have known if I didn't see a listing of the days' events. Really can't thank them enough for an incredible wedding.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor