Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

Jennifer · Getting married on 10/13/2019

The Publick House was amazing! Our outdoor tent wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. The team they have for weddings is unlike anyhing I have ever seen. They know what they are doing!

Emily Mcnally · Married on 10/26/2018

Our wedding October 26th 2018!

We had our wedding at the Publick House on October 26th. We knew as soon as we saw the Publick House Garden Tent it was the place for us. Our wedding day was a bit chilly but the garden tent was well heated and beautifully lit. The grounds are beautiful, perfect for a fall wedding and the Inn has so much New England charm. We loved that our guest were able to stay on site. Cathy and the Publick House Team were easy to work with through out the planning process and we’re able to answer any questions we had in a timely manner. Our banquet manager Anthony and attendant Paige really knew what they were doing the day of and made us feel at ease. The service was great and the food was delicious. All of our guest enjoyed their meals and had a blast! Their wedding packages are very reasonably priced and everything was perfect. Thank you Publick House for making our wedding day everything we thought it would be and more!

Publick House Historic Inn 8

Jenna D. · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect Venue

We are so pleased with the Publick House! It was the perfect venue for our wedding in October. The staff was very professional and accommodating. Everyone we worked with was so friendly and helpful. We loved that guests could stay onsite and most took advantage of this. The wedding packages can't be beat... there's so much included and we used their oil lamps and table numbers as part of our centerpieces. The grounds were beautiful, there was pumpkins and mums everywhere which was perfect for our Fall wedding. The rustic feeling of Paige Hall is exactly what we wanted and gave that warm and inviting feeling. We highly recommend the Publick House!

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfection!

My husband and I had a wedding of 136 guests and had the best day of our lives. Every employee at the Publick House works hard to make this day the most magical and smooth day for the wedding couple and family. The food is out of this world with very generous portions. The ambiance is spectacular. And the hospitality is warm. So glad we chose Publick House for this special day!

Christine · Married on 10/07/2018

Best Day Ever!

My husband and I were recently married at the Publick House on October 7, 2018 (we had a tent wedding). I can’t begin to explain how happy we were with the overall experience of our wedding day and working with the Publick House. The Publick House was the only venue at which we looked! Initially, we went to view the indoor reception area, but we fell in love with the tent reception and decided to have a tent wedding. We found the overall cost to be extremely reasonable and it also didn’t hurt that we were able to have our rehearsal dinner there and stay in their onsite accommodations. It’s truly a one-stop shop! Communication from the beginning was amazing. I must thank Diana, Amber, and Shauna for being so responsive, professional, and informative. The details meeting was extremely helpful and calmed a lot of nerves I had about the wedding day. They were extremely thorough, which I truly appreciated. A few days prior to the wedding I met with Shauna and our day of coordinator, Anthony. We were able to drop off all our decorations and items and review any last-minute concerns. On our wedding day, Anthony was fantastic! Again, he was very professional, like the rest of the staff we had encountered, and he was ready and available to help with anything we needed. I even had a bridal attendant, Paige, who was so helpful at the time of the ceremony and even bustled my dress and made sure I was fed before joining our guests at the reception. The overall team at the Publick House was wonderful. My husband and I are so happy we had our wedding there. It was truly the best day ever! We also received nonstop compliments DURING the reception about how great the venue and grounds were and how much fun people were having. I look forward to returning to the Publick House for anniversaries and weekend getaways!

Kerri · Married on 09/21/2018

We were married at the Publick House in September 2018 and it could not have been more perfect! From the moment we first toured the venue we knew it was the one for us, and everyone we worked with could not have been nicer. Throughout the planning process our questions were answered promptly and accurately and everything was so organized. When the big day finally arrived everything was spot on! From the setup to the food to the reception area, everything was exactly as I had dreamed. Our guests raved about the food and the service, plus the location was amazing and looked great. I also wanted to mention how amazing Kristin was the day of our wedding- everything was seamless. Not only that, but she went out of her way to be kind to my younger sister, who is disabled. That really meant a lot to me and her and is something I will always remember. Our wedding day could not have been more incredible and I am so grateful to everyone at the Publick House! One of the best wedding decisions we made was picking this place!

Publick House Historic Inn 9

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/01/2018

Our wedding at the Publick House was amazing! The food is delicious and I’ve had several complements from guests. The inn and grounds are beautiful. And most importantly the staff was wonderful. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and professional. They helped walk us through planning and took care of everything on the day of which was very important to me. We had an event coordinator and bridal attendant who helped make sure everything went off without a hitch and our needs were met. The whole day was just wonderful, exactly what I was hoping for as the bride.

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

We had a great experience with Publick House! We planned our wedding in less than a month, and Publick House was amazing with helping make sure our day was perfect on a tight timeline. Their team was fantastic and everyone worked together to make sure everything went well. We used their preferred vendor list which was a huge help in planning since they had all been working together for so long it really took a lot of stress off of us with the planning process. We had our ceremony on the Hillside Arbor and the reception in Paige Hall and both locations were absolutely perfect! We highly recommend the Publick House! We could not have asked for a more perfect day.

Publick House Historic Inn 10
    Publick House Historic Inn 11

Liana · Married on 06/17/2018

I just had my wedding there June 17th, it was originally Sept 3rd but 2/2 a family illness it needed to be moved up to much sooner - Publick house gave us all their open dates and we ended up planning the wedding in a week. It seemed impossible but everyone we worked with was amazing and made it happen. The venue is so beautiful we had the ceremony at the gazebo and reception the white tent. It turned out exactly how I wanted, I don’t think it would have been any different even if it hadn’t been moved, you’d never know it was all done in a week. If anything went wrong I never knew it, everything was flawless. The food was great, the cake was AMAZING. They made all our dreams come true in legit a week!! I only looked at 2 venues prior to seeing Publick House and I knew right away I didn’t want to look keep looking that it was the venue for us and OMG I so glad I chose it.

Anne · Married on 05/28/2018

Everything for our May 2018 tent wedding was amazing! Everything was so well organized and staff was so professional and accommodating! Our banquet manager Tony was wonderful. Everything exceeded our expectations! People were raving about everything! Highly recommend!

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

My wedding at the Publick House went perfectly. The staff was very helpful throughout the whole planning process and the day of. The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful, and everyone had a great time. They helped make a very special, fun, and memorable day for us.

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2018

These guys absolutely know what they're doing and have all the staff and resources available to make it happen. My salesperson, Amber, was always responsive and helped to keep me on track (and forgave my constant lateness). The catering director Cathy was very accommodating. My event manager John was an absolute star and was so vital to having the day go well. He was an amazing problem solver and didn't let anything go astray. Even my bridal attendant Paige was great! I feel like I had an army of well prepared professionals working on my wedding. There were other events happening that day and I honestly couldn't tell; we were never rushed or neglected. Also, the price was a great value! Would absolutely recommend to any future couples looking to get married in Sturbridge!

Jennifer · Married on 02/25/2018

I cannot begin to express how thrilled I am with the Publick House! My husband and I were married there February 2018 and from the beginning of planning until the very end, the staff went above and beyond making sure everything was exactly as we wanted. Our bridal assistant Anthony was absolutely amazing! Anthony was always thinking two steps ahead of us and guest are still telling us about all the little things he did throughout the night that made all the difference. The food is fantastic and our guests were raving! The overnight rooms are cozy and all have their own charm. The Tavern was perfect for late night indulgences and the Tap Room served amazing breakfast. They even made our wedding cake and included a chocolate covered strawberry! All I can say is, YES! For every occasion and reason, YES! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for making our wedding the experience of a lifetime!

Publick House Historic Inn 12
    Publick House Historic Inn 13
    Publick House Historic Inn 14
    Publick House Historic Inn 15

Courtney · Married on 01/19/2018

Such an amazing experience having my wedding at the Publick house. The staff did everything perfectly... all went to plan. Our guests raved about everything. Special shout out to Alec!

Jillian · Married on 12/31/2017

We had our wedding 12/31/2017 at The Publick House. Everything was organized well. The food and cake were amazing. We would highly recommend the Publick House to anyone looking to host an event or a wedding.

Alesha · Married on 10/22/2017

We had our wedding on 10/22/2017 at the Publick House and we are so happy we did! The grounds were beautiful, we had our ceremony site at the arbor and reception in Paige Hall. The staff did an amazing job decorating the hall with detail and care. The food was good and the cake was gorgeous and delicious! Our wedding was everything we wished for thanks to the Publick House!

Publick House Historic Inn 16
    Publick House Historic Inn 17
    Publick House Historic Inn 18
    Publick House Historic Inn 19

Sara · Married on 10/15/2017

My husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience in working with their wedding team. They were accommodating, friendly and professional. There are multiple places to take photos and has a modern, barn feel; very handicap accessible for any family photos that are needed. The food was delicious-- our guests commented on this on multiple occasions.

Publick House Historic Inn 20
    Publick House Historic Inn 21
    Publick House Historic Inn 22
    Publick House Historic Inn 23
    Publick House Historic Inn 24
    Publick House Historic Inn 25
    Publick House Historic Inn 26

kaiti · Married on 10/08/2017

After attending a tent wedding here we knew this would be our place! Our initial meeting with Laura went great and we got lucky with a great rate on a holiday weekend. From the flowers & decor by Michele to the delicious cake from the bakery, it was a perfect day! Anthony our day of coordinator was also a key part of our day. He made sure everything was as we wanted and he always had a smile on his face. I would highly recommend!

Publick House Historic Inn 27
    Publick House Historic Inn 28
    Publick House Historic Inn 29

Julie · Married on 09/23/2017

We just got married here on 9/23/2017 and no matter how many amazing things I write, it will not be enough! I can not even begin to describe how incredible the team at the Publick House is, especially Catherine O'Brien and Kristin Jacobson. And the pictures featured here are nice, but they do not capture how absolutely stunning the grounds are in person. There was some construction going on next door and it could still not take away from the romantic, rustic, New England charm that radiates from this place. We were married in the meadow, under the tree and had our ceremony in the tent. The tent was set up to perfection, everything looked better than I could have imagined it. The food was INCREDIBLE, even the bread basket blew our minds! I highly recommend the orchard chicken dish. My family and friends raved about it all night and the next day. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are comfortable. The staff was there at every turn, shuttling us in golf carts, helping us put on boutonnières, guiding us through the cake cutting, first dances etc. We looked at a lot of venues, but this was the one for us. Also, it was incredibly affordable for everything that you get. The cake for instance is included in the package and oh my god. It was baked fresh that day and decorated just like the picture I sent, gorgeous and delicious! I could go on and on. We had so much FUN at our wedding and that is because the staff took care of everything else. -Julie B

Publick House Historic Inn 30
    Publick House Historic Inn 31
    Publick House Historic Inn 32
    Publick House Historic Inn 33
    Publick House Historic Inn 34
    Publick House Historic Inn 35

Arianna · Married on 09/10/2017

A friend recommend the publick house when we started our search for venues. Once I had a tour of this beautiful place I fell in love, I didn't even go look at any other venus! It was everything I ever wanted in a wedding. You can turn this place into whatever kind of wedding you wish! I had a country rustic wedding and it fit perfectly

Erin · Married on 09/02/2017

Our wedding day was perfect! The gazebo and garden tent were beautiful and the staff were amazing! We highly recommend the Publick House for any engaged couples planning their wedding.

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

The Publick House made the wedding of our dreams come true. They guided us every step of the way, were so responsive and helpful every step of the way and stepped it up even more on the day of the wedding. They guided us through every detail (even the tiny ones!), our rehearsal went very smoothly and the wedding day was so easy with them guiding us along every hour leading up the ceremony. We knew we would be happy with them, but we're beyond impressed how great they were and and couldn't have asked for a better experience for our big day.

• W

Whitney · Married on 07/14/2017

What more can I say about the Publick House besides PERFECTION! We were planning our wedding from California and every step of the process was a breeze. They accommodated our schedule for tasting and other detail meetings depending on when we would be on the east coast. It was such a pleasure working with everyone. Cathy helped us the whole way with updated detail sheets and answered every single email and question I could possibly come up with! When it was finally time for our wedding weekend and we finally arrived at the venue we were AMAZED. The property is beautiful and the old New England charm was just as we imagined. We had non stop compliments from all of our guests and it was a joy to spend the weekend with all of them right at the venue. Our wedding went off without a hitch (that we know of) and we couldn't have imagine a more perfect wedding. The team at the Publick House are true professionals and know what they are doing. The food, the atmosphere everything was perfect. We cannot wait to go back for our anniversary!

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2017

So far they have made the wedding planning process so much easier than I was expecting. They are quick to answer any question you may have and help you with all of the many decisions to be made. The venue is gorgeous! I cannot wait for the wedding I know it will be perfect!