Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

177 | Sturbridge, MA

177 Reviews for Publick House Historic Inn

• Isabelle

Isabelle Savage · Getting married on 08/10/2020

A perfect day to mark the beginning of our life together

Our wedding at the Publick House exceeded our expectations in every way possible. The staff are responsive, knowledgeable and exceptionally professional. They were able to meet our complicated requests with ease. Our day of coordinator, Anthony was amazing, we cannot say enough about him, he made our day perfect. The food and cake far exceeded our expectations and the landscaping ws seasonal and gorgeous. We felt like king and queen.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley McDonough · Married on 02/22/2020

A seamless dream!

The Publick House was simply tremendous from start to finish! They coordinated every detail and made it so I had no worries or stress on my wedding day. There was another wedding happening in the morning before mine and I never would have known it. Staff members introduced themselves to me early in the day and checked in often to ensure all was going well and that I didn’t need anything. All I had to worry about was getting ready and they did all the rest. They had me drop off all decor, favors, etc earlier in the week and they set everything up and cleaned it up as well. All the food was wonderful and our guests were very pleased with their meals and cake. Cathy and Anthony S coordinated everything flawlessly and the day went without a hitch thanks to them! I would HIGHLY recommend the Publick House to anyone looking to get married or hold an event!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Sarah McCormick · Married on 01/11/2020

Absolute perfection!

Our experience at the Publick House exceeded every expectation! From the moment we first visited to leaving the day after the wedding, everyone was so communicative and friendly. We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day, and that is mostly due to the amazing staff at the Publick House. Cathy O'Brien answered all of our questions beforehand, and Jon and Paige were so attentive on the day of. The food was amazing and the hall was decorated so beautifully for the holidays. We would highly recommend the Publick House!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Barudin · Married on 01/04/2020

Outstanding

This place is amazing! From day one to the days after everyone is so professional, friendly and thorough. Cathy O’Brien is awesome! She is so responsive, helpful, accommodating and wonderful (I really can’t say enough about how great she is). She helped plan both our rehearsal dinner and wedding day and everything went smooth and as planned. Our event coordinator, Allison DeFazio, was with us for both nights as well and she was outstanding! She ran through everything the night before and on the wedding day, she really made sure everything went smoothly and as planned. Rachel Lee, the wedding assistant was also outstanding. She was so sweet and made sure we always had what we needed. The event staff was exceptional. The bartenders and servers were so fun and on point! I truly can’t say enough about this place, our day was perfect and exactly what we wanted. We will miss working with all these great people.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Daniel

daniel mcdermott · Married on 12/31/2019

New Years Eve Wedding 2019

Emily and I looked for months for a venue like The Public House.
    We wanted the barn theme but wanted our guests to be able to stay over close to the venue and the rustic charm of the Public house was just the perfect choice
    We had 131 adults on 12/31/19
    And everyone stayed onsite then attended a brunch with us the next morning. It was a perfect night

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Colleen

Colleen McBride · Married on 12/28/2019

The greatest

The Publick House is an incredible venue. Addition to the magical backdrop, everyone there was great to work with making the day go without a hitch. Cathy, the wedding planner, was there every step of the way. She is the greatest human of all time and we absolutely LOVED working with her from beginning to end. The day of the wedding, Alicia and Jen were so attentive to our needs and were incredible at mastering the very complicated bustle for my dress. The food is incredible, the atmosphere is perfect and the staff is the best. We got married in December, in between Christmas and New Years and the decor is stunning for the winter wonderland wedding I had envisioned. We had our ceremony off site and the only thing I regret is not doing our ceremony at the Publick House as well because the backdrop is just so beautiful. Our dreams came to life at the Publick House.

Photos by KristaJean Photography- https://kristajeanphotography.com/

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/02/2019

11-2-19 Wedding

I would recommend the Publick House to everyone getting married. They were amazing, the staff was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process, from our first tour, to booking, to our wedding day.
    Everything was included and I honestly didn't have to worry about a thing! They took care of everything. The food and cake were delicious. the space was stunning. I've honestly heard horror stories from brides about everything that could go wrong on the wedding day and I didn't have anything like that happen. Everything went so smoothly and stress free, I have the staff at the Publick House to thank for that.

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfection

We can not say enough about how wonderful Publick House was from the start of the venue search through the end of reception! Every person we encountered or asked a million questions to was so helpful. The food and cake were amazing, almost all of our guests commented on this (we also did our rehearsal dinner here and received the same feed back).
    There were two other weddings the same day as ours and you wouldn't have been able to know just based on how amazing they run things, it is a well oiled machine and executed perfectly every step of the way.
    We cannot recommend Publick House enough, it was truly magical.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2019

The Publick House was amazing! Our outdoor tent wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. The team they have for weddings is unlike anyhing I have ever seen. They know what they are doing!

Sent on 09/01/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor Nugent · Married on 09/28/2019

Best venue for a wedding

We got married here on September 28th and I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere els! First off the grounds are beautiful well kept. The staff is more then amazing! They went above and beyond for us making sure we were comfortable and enjoying our day! During the planning process they were very responsive through emails and phone calls! We highly recommend Publick House for your wedding venue!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2019

The Perfect Day

We just had our wedding at the Publick House on 9/21/19 and everything was absolutely amazing!! We fell in love with this venue the day we drove in to view it and were sent on our way with a bag of sticky buns! Every question I had leading up to the big day was answered by Catherine O’Brien with such kindness and professionalism. The day of could not have been any more perfect. Allison and Sabrina were so attentive, patient, and so down to earth that our day truly went flawless and amazing. I was told that I was “the queen of the day” and these two ladies definitely made me feel that way. The way the barn and Paige Hall were decorated surpassed our expectations. Our guests all raved about how beautiful everything was and how wonderful the food was especially the cake. We know we made the right choice about where we were going to get married from the second the day started. Thank you to all that were involved we appreciate it all from start to finish. ~Danielle and Jeff Wallen

Sent on 10/06/2019

Sarah Weiner · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Venue for the Best Day

We had the best experience imaginable at the Publick House for our end-of-summer wedding. We recommend it as highly as possible.

From the moment we toured the grounds with one of the amazing wedding staff, we knew this was the right place for us. There are so many gorgeous and thoughtful touches—the variety of guest rooms, the ever-changing but always stunning landscaping, the Cottage for post-wedding hangout, and the incredible venues onsite.

The planning process was made so much easier by the wedding staff. I’ve told so many people how amazing it was to feel less stressed out after each detail appointment, because the staff were so competent and friendly. They were easygoing about things that we wanted to do differently, and they always had a great suggestion for things we weren’t sure about. I was particularly touched by their flexibility with my dietary restrictions at every step of the process, which included bringing me an individual assortment of meals to try on a literal silver platter at the tasting night.

On the day of, everyone was so unbelievably kind. They were present whenever we needed something and then seemed to melt away for the more personal moments.

Our considerable array of family and friends told us all weekend (and in the weekends since!) how great of a time they had taking over the Publick House for that weekend. They made our day so special, and we could not be more grateful.

(Photo by the incredible Katlyn Reilly!)

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi Perry · Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful!

Incredible place & fabulous staff!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2019

Our favorite day!

This place was everything my wife and I hoped for and more. From the beginning, the staff was responsive and held our hand through every detail, answering the many emails and phone calls as small questions popped up along the way . Our day of coordinator, Anthony, was spectacular. If my wife and I (or anyone in our family) asked for something, he was sure to take care of it quickly. He always managed to be right there when you were looking for him and even when you weren’t. It wasn’t until we got our wedding video back that we saw him in the background quietly fixing my wife’s train right before she walked down the aisle with our her even noticing. As for the venue itself, the entire property is beautifully maintained year round, so whether you have a winter wedding or a summer wedding you can’t go wrong! The rooms were perfect for all of our guests with both affordable and more luxury options. The pool was clean and made for a great addition the day before our wedding, and for a lot of our guets the morning of. We loved having everything we needed within walking distance. My wife had a wonderful experience in the on site hair salon the morning of while myself and the groomsmen grabbed some breakfast at the restaurant and then hung out on the property until it was time to get ready. We were married in the meadow, which offered an ideal space for any desired theme or decorations you have in mind. Lastly, the food. In all honesty, my wife and I enjoyed the tasting very much, but weren’t sure what to expect the day of (wedding food can be tough to impress). Not only did they impress, but we still get compliments on the passed appetizers, the entrees, and the hot dog/sausage cart offered at the end of the night. The food continued into the after party room where they provided a bunch of pizza to keep the party going. My wife and I had the perfect wedding day, and it was all thanks to the Public House and their lovely staff. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/23/2019

Garden Wedding & Tent Reception Were Perfection

Our experience with The Publick House could not have been better. The garden gazebo in June was romantic and beautiful. The tent reception made it easy to transition, and the space worked well for our 100 guests. Everyone complimented the food and Bakery Shop cake, as well as the space for dancing into the evening. A wonderful day that we will always cherish.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Angela · Married on 05/26/2019

Great venue and so much more!

I cannot say enough great things about the Publick House. The venue is absolutely perfect, guests can stay on site, they cater the food and make the cake and we even had our rehearsal dinner right there! All of this is only made better by the fantastic staff. They were so well organized and we had a contact to help us with everything throughout the weekend. The wedding coordinator was very responsive and helpful with any questions we had during the whole process. Our entire wedding weekend went smoothly, we are so grateful to the Publick House for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Rae

Rae Ann Barrette · Married on 05/24/2019

Perfect for a rustic wedding

We had a great experience with our May 24th wedding in Paige Hall. Everyone we worked with was kind and professional. Cathy has been there forever and was knowledgeable, flexible, and extremely accommodating. The food and dessert were delicious and the campus extremely beautiful. We love how much Publick House takes care of to relieve the stress of wedding planning. We very much look forward to returning to relax and relive our special evening.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 04/26/2019

Best choice you'll make!

The Publick House was undoubtedly the best choice we made during our wedding planning journey. They are so experienced in putting on weddings and it is easy to tell in how efficient, easy, and fun they make the planning process. They truly think of every detail so that on the day of you have nothing to worry about! Now when it comes to the day of.... that's where they truly shine. They're banquet manager Anthony and his colleague Rachel were unbelievable! We have a tornado warning and flash flood watch the whole day of our wedding but with their help, I barely even noticed. They showed up almost as soon as you had thought "I wish we had an umbrella" with 3! They helped with a plan B for photographs when outside clearly wasn't going to work out. They showed up with appetizers when they whole wedding party was starving after the ceremony. I cannot say enough good things about them and how much they went above and beyond. Not to mention the whole team transformed Paige Hall to look even better than what I could have imagined. Go with the Publick House and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Jess Thibault · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Wedding Venue!

We cannot say enough about the excellent service at Publick House. You can tell by the service they provide that they are experienced in hosting weddings. It is as if our wedding meant just as much to them as it did to us. We felt like their highest priority. We got married in April in Paige Hall and everything went perfectly. We had many family members from out of town and it was reassuring that everyone could stay right on-site. We hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and day-after brunch at Publick House, and the service never wavered.

We worked with Shauna leading up to the wedding and Anthony the day of and the transition was seamless. It was like Anthony had been working with us the entire time. Shauna responded quickly to every email and phone call. She was extremely accommodating, and with Anthony's help made sure our day went exactly as we wanted it to. On the day of the wedding, some family ate lunch at the Tavern. For some reason, service took much longer than usual. When Anthony got wind of it, he made sure to that we were compensated.

We received so many compliments from family and friends about the service, food and cake! We look forward to returning every year to celebrate on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Pinette · Married on 02/11/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

We had such a wonderful experience with The Publick House! While we were planning our wedding, I was starting a new job, and going to school part time. I was so nervous about planning our wedding on top of that, but working with The Publick House relieved so much stress during this exciting, and hectic time! Everyone there is so kind, and will walk you through each step of the process. From our tasting, to centerpieces, to the day-of-timeline- the Publick House took the stress out of wedding planning! On our wedding day, Allison and Rachel were so thoughtful and attentive. My husband and I felt so relaxed and were able to enjoy being with our guests. The grounds are so incredibly beautiful, and our wedding day was more than we could have imagined. I am SO glad we booked with The Publick House, and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Nick Cinea · Married on 12/30/2018

Perfect Wedding day at Publick House

Let me start by saying The Publick House surpassed all expectations and did an A+ job on our wedding day. My wife and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out.

We visited the Publick House for Thanksgiving dinner in 2017 and fell in love with the venue and its staff. We were impressed by how accommodating, friendly and hard-working all the staff members were; and we loved the food and famous sticky buns. We knew right away that the Publick House was where we wanted our winter wedding to be.

The Publick House is especially beautiful with its winter décor! From the Christmas tree and string lights in Paige Hall to the snowflakes hanging in the barn, the setting is mesmerizing and beautiful!

Now back to the staff: they were incredible to work with! Everyone from management to servers went out of their way to make sure we and our guests were taken care of. The Publick House also works to make wedding planning easier for couples by providing optional oil lamp centerpieces and the wedding cake.

We can’t say enough positive things about our wedding day at the Publick House. Our family and friends loved the Publick House just as much and we do. My wife and I have already decided to make it a tradition to return to the Publick House every year on our anniversary!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Hayley Eagan · Married on 12/10/2018

10/10 in all reguards

The Publick House is an absolutely charming and sophisticated operation. They know exactly how to coordinate and manage weddings all while keeping your day special and yours! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else - highly recommend as you're in great hands all through the process!!!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Katelyn Despres · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect Day

Everyone at the Publick House was amazing. So nice and professional. They all helped make our day perfect. They kept everyone on time and coordinated everything perfectly. They were very attentive and quick if we needed anything. All of our guests complimented us on picking such an amazing venue for our wedding day. Even with the nor’easter ruining the initial plan for ceremony outside publick house still made sure our ceremony was perfect. I completely forgot that the original plan was to have it outside. The whole place is gorgeous. The food was amazing. They customized our cake perfectly.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Emily Mcnally · Married on 10/26/2018

Our wedding October 26th 2018!

We had our wedding at the Publick House on October 26th. We knew as soon as we saw the Publick House Garden Tent it was the place for us. Our wedding day was a bit chilly but the garden tent was well heated and beautifully lit. The grounds are beautiful, perfect for a fall wedding and the Inn has so much New England charm. We loved that our guest were able to stay on site. Cathy and the Publick House Team were easy to work with through out the planning process and we’re able to answer any questions we had in a timely manner. Our banquet manager Anthony and attendant Paige really knew what they were doing the day of and made us feel at ease. The service was great and the food was delicious. All of our guest enjoyed their meals and had a blast! Their wedding packages are very reasonably priced and everything was perfect. Thank you Publick House for making our wedding day everything we thought it would be and more!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Jenna D. · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect Venue

We are so pleased with the Publick House! It was the perfect venue for our wedding in October. The staff was very professional and accommodating. Everyone we worked with was so friendly and helpful. We loved that guests could stay onsite and most took advantage of this. The wedding packages can't be beat... there's so much included and we used their oil lamps and table numbers as part of our centerpieces. The grounds were beautiful, there was pumpkins and mums everywhere which was perfect for our Fall wedding. The rustic feeling of Paige Hall is exactly what we wanted and gave that warm and inviting feeling. We highly recommend the Publick House!

Sent on 11/03/2018