Providence Public Library Reviews

Providence Public Library 3
Providence Public Library 4

Chris Kane · Married on 03/05/2019

Fantastic Service - Wonderful Day

Our wedding was perfect, the food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the lighting was beautiful and our wedding coordinator Ardrianna was fantastic, a dream to work with. We could not have been happier!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Providence Public Library's reply:

Chris & Alicia -

It was truly such a pleasure working with you both to create the most perfect celebration. I will never forget the amount of love shared between the two of you and all of your friends and family! Between your tear-jerking toasts to your epic first dance - it was most definitely a celebration for the books!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
    Ardriana

Blake · Married on 01/13/2018

Cannot say enough amazing things about Lisa and the Morin's team. They were so wonderful to work with and made our day feel truly special and everything we could have hoped for and more.

Sent on 05/07/2018

I cannot say enough good things about the library and Russell Morin catering. From the time we booked the library in May 2016, Lisa was there for everything we needed even if we did have a year and a half before the wedding! When Kacey came on board we began communicating more with her. She was extremely responsive to emails, answered even what I thought were silly questions, and gave reccomendations from her experience. October 2017 came quick and at our final meeting I knew we were in good hands with Kacey. She is AMAZING! The day of the wedding was better then my husband and I could have ever imagined. Everything ran smoothly and our guests are still raving about the decor and the amazing food. Kacey did an amazing job keeping the flow going and making sure everything was on point. All of our vendors were amazing as well. They all worked together to make sure the night ran smoothly. If you are contemplating the library for your wedding, DO IT. it was the best decision my husband and I ever made. Thank you Providence Public Library for the most amazing wedding day and memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Providence Public Library 5

Jacki · Married on 07/30/2017

The perfect venue for our Harry Potter wedding. It was a beautiful setting, and the team made it the most perfect day for our wedding! I am so happy that we chose the library, it was the first venue we visited and we really didn't need to see anything else. So thrilled to have had our wedding there!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Vanessa · Married on 07/28/2017

The library was pure magic! They provided us a completely unique and special experience that our guests are still raving about! Planning with Lisa and Kacey was an absolute breeze and I couldn’t have had a more invested and special team-they make the couple and their families feel completely at ease. There was nothing cookie cutter about their work-they remember the smallest details, answered what I sometimes thought were the craziest questions in an email, and shared the same level of excitement about our wedding as I had! You can’t duplicate a team like theirs.

Morin’s Catering was beyond! Since none of our family was from Rhode Island it was important to us to capture everything Providence in that weekend and our custom menu from Morin’s Catering was just that! The lobster rolls and fried dough were huge hits!

Lastly, there was something magical about the venue itself. We had both our ceremony and reception there but changing the furniture, Ormonde lightning colors, and the gallery feel made every portion of the night unique!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND the library for a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • Juliana

Juliana · Married on 07/22/2017

Perfection! PPL was the perfect reception location for our 'mini-destination' wedding. All of our guests were from out of town, and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was and how much they loved the separation of cocktail hour/dining room/ dance floor (which is one of the reasons we chose it, other than its beauty). The dance floor is perfect for introductions and dancing all night without the awkward feeling that people are just sitting at their tables watching you act a fool.
    Lisa Nightingale is a saint. Without her I don't know how I could have pulled any of it off. I liked her so much that I hired her as our day-of coordinator (through Russell Morins). She was always so happy and made everyone that was part of our wedding very much at ease. I honestly felt like I was talking with a longtime friend, and to me that's comforting in itself.

The food was AMAZING. From the steaks, to the wild mushroom ravioli and desserts, each of my guests that I talked to raved about all the dishes (shrimp neptune being the real showstopper). The staff was all so great and seemed genuinely happy to be there helping us. Even some girls working in the kitchen that had to walk through the dance floor actually danced through the dance floor with all of us, haha, everyone loved that. Our personal butler was the cherry on top, seriously, I always had a drink in my hand, didn't have to ask twice for anything, and most of the time I didn't even have to ask for anything at all, it's like she read my mind.

This venue is perfect in every way and worth every penny. Everything went by smoothly and the day was perfect. 10 stars.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Dawn · Married on 07/21/2017

The perfect venue for us! So unique and beautiful. Plus, the food was amazing! Kacey was absolutely incredible. She made our day run so smoothly. It was the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Ellen · Married on 07/15/2017

Answering as MOB - everything was perfect - venue is lovely food is excellent and staff are responsive. Wedding was memorable!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Margaret · Married on 07/01/2017

My daughter's wedding at the Providence Public Library was a magical event! From the beautiful ceremony to the fabulous hours d'oeuvres (lobster tater tots, bacon wrapped figs, and Gorgonzola baskets!!!) to the incredible dinner (one of our guests was a chef at a Boston restaurant and he asked for more Shrimp Neptune- that is how good it is!!) to the wonderful passed desserts (lemon cupcakes, root beer schnapps floats), everything was absolutely delicious and beautifully executed. Robin Hollow farms created beautiful flowers and Ormonde Productions did an amazing job. At the end of the night, everything was done and we were able to head out to enjoy the after party. We received multiple comments that it was the most beautiful wedding our guests had attended. We also heard wonderful feedback on the food. Typically, wedding food is mediocre. That was most certainly NOT the case. Morin's did an incredible job. I cannot say enough about how perfect the wedding was. It surpassed my expectations on every level. Thank you for a wonderful evening!!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Gabriella · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I had an incredible experience planning our wedding at the Providence Public Library! Lisa and the Morin's team make sure that no stone is left unturned. Lisa is so easy to work with and incredibly attentive to any need along the way. I felt as though our wedding vision was made the utmost priority and the big day showed that as well. The library is unique and such a beautiful venue, and we haven't stopped getting positive comments on our food and overall flow of our event. We truly felt that our money went such a long way with this venue and with Morin's, who is the exclusive caterer for the venue. My husband and I wish we could live the day over again, we had the best day ever!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Kendal · Married on 04/09/2016

The most beautiful venue in a convenient city location with top notch caterers! We were so thrilled with every detail. Thank you so much for the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 05/08/2016

The Providence Public Library is an absolutely amazing place to host your wedding. My husband and I LOOKED everywhere for our Wedding venue (Barns, seaside inns, golf clubs, manors, everything!) The library was the first place we visited and we immediately were drawn by Lizzy and Ali. Their helpfulness, confidence, and calm demeanor is exactly what I needed. I'm not a Bride who has envisioned her Wedding since the age of 6...so when I got engaged I needed a lot of guidance. Both Lizzy and Ali were fabulous. Beyond that the space is just superb. We had our Ceremony and Reception both in the space and it was perfect and unique. WE had use of multiple spaces and it really created a fabulous party. The food, ambiance, and service were top notch. The only downside is that due to the harsh lighting in the Library it is almost a requirement to hire Ormond Productions for Lighting (the Library has a relationship with them and you can only use them). They are amazing, but add on a minimum of $2,000 to your total bill to manage that. It's worth it, but beware and build it into your budget. In all, I'm so grateful we had our wedding at such a wonderful venue.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Mary · Married on 08/28/2015

I can't imagine a more perfect location for our wedding, or a more helpful group of people than the Morin's Catering staff who saw us through every aspect of our wedding. I have attended over 25 weddings as a guest, and our venue and coordination was truly spectacular. We wanted something a little more distinctive than a hall or a country club, with a space that would comfortably and easily fit our guest count. So many of the venues on our short list were nice, quaint estates, but were far away from hotels and guests had to be divided between different rooms. The location of the library right in downtown makes it easy to coordinate so many different aspects of a wedding. The Morin's staff (Lizzy, Ali, and our personal butler (!)), were phenomenal. They took care of everything and really made it the best day of our lives. Additionally, the guests all raved about the food - every bite was delicious. I couldn't ask for anything more!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Phoebe · Married on 08/15/2015

The Providence Public Library was a perfect venue, and we were happy with our wedding there in every way. One thing that really stood out was the Russell Morin staff. They were incredibly professional from start to finish, and they helped us to keep everything organized both leading up to the wedding, and on the day itself. The food was absolutely incredible and delicious--we especially recommend the sea bass, which was the best fis

Sent on 08/30/2015
  • Ray · Married on 08/01/2015

We had our wedding and reception her on Aug 1, 2015. Our entire experience here was excellent. Working with Russell Morin Catering, who handled everything, was pain free, well orchestrated and managed as beautifully as you could hope for. From our first visit, to the tasting, (OUTSTANDING!!) to the set up and the day of the ceremony, they handled everything to a top tier level. The venue was beautiful. Many of our guests were a little sceptical until they walked in and then they were awed by the beauty and majesty of the place. We heard nothing but wonderful comments on how suprised they were on how nice the Library was and how excellent the food was. If you have any doubts, go and look. It's a unique place to have the wedding and the 2 floor reception/dance area makes for a wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2015

I couldn't be happier with my venue. The Library is so beautiful and everyone really liked that there were different locations through out the event. The cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing had different locations and people were able to walk around, or sit and talk during the dancing section. All the staff were so helpful and experienced. I loved this venue and would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Kate · Married on 06/20/2015

I had my wedding reception at the Providence Public Library and it was absolutely perfect. Not only is the location beautiful, but they were professional and easy to work with from my first inquiry. They also worked really well directly with my other vendors which made everything seamless. It was definitely more money than I had hoped to spend, but for what I got it was well worth it. And the food was incredible! My only advise is make sure you don’t forget the snack they pack for you to take back to the hotel after the event, we gave ours to my parents and we were really regretting that at 2am when we were starving!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Louisa · Married on 03/21/2015

The Providence Public Library was the perfect place for our reception. My husband and I envisioned getting married in one of the beautiful, outdoor spots in Newport. When our wedding date got moved to March (and the snow kept falling), it became clear we would need an indoor space. We struggled and struggled to find anything near the shore that had enough space indoors or the right feeling (not to mention price). One day I remembered the library. We both visited separately and instantly knew, this was the place and the package with Russell Morin catering made it the smartest decision you could make.
    -It is evident from the photos that the Library is stunningly gorgeous and there is no need for copious decorations. It gave us the most beautiful backdrop for pictures. With our budget we were unable to afford extra lighting by Ormonde Productions (the library has an exclusive contract with them) but the lights they had were more than sufficient and we felt that nothing was lacking.
    -The layout is the GREATEST asset of the Library. Everything flows together and yet there was distinct and ample space for cocktail hour in the grand hall, dinner service in the ship room, and dancing in the courtyard. My favorite thing was that folks were able to stand in the grand hall and watch the dance floor below. As we had many older relatives, they were able to stand or sit above and watch the dancing and all commented on how pleasant and fun that was.
    -Russell Morin Catering did a phenomenal job as the food was delicious and came off without a hitch. Did I mention the couple gets a personal butler? Lizzie, Ali, and her team have excellent communication skills and made planning a cinch. I hope others experience the joy of a beautiful reception here.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Kristin · Married on 11/22/2014

Morin's at the Providence Public Library is top notch! The venue is gorgeous and well maintained. The event planners for the library were professional and looked to accommodate any of my requests. The food tasting event was great and feedback on our food selections on how we wanted to tweak anything was well received. I also had Morin's make the wedding cake based on a photo I had and it was spot on!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Robert · Married on 08/15/2014

We had our wedding at the Library in August and everything exceeded our expectations. We flipped things around and had cocktail hour and then our ceremony in the Great Room, then dinner in the Ship Room, and the rest of the evening in the Great Room and Courtyard. The Morins staff, especially Alicia, were absolutely wonderful throughout the planning process - answering questions, providing suggestions, allowing me and my outside vendors extra visits to get a feel for the space. My guests are still raving about the beautiful setting, but even more so about the incredible food and wonderful service Morins provided. Our favorite part of the whole event was when we found out the couple gets their own private butler for the evening. I feel horrible that I can't remember her first name, but she was amazing even offering to walk back to the Hilton to help us carry stuff at the end of the night. We seriously considered kidnapping her!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Jess · Married on 03/29/2014

I had my wedding at the Providence Public Library in March and I can’t say enough good things about the space. It was the first venue my now husband and I toured when deciding where to hold our wedding reception and we were immediately impressed with the grandeur and beauty of the space. We visited several more traditional venues but nothing compared. Russell Morin is the exclusive cater at the library and they make the entire planning process easy. And, the food was delicious! I have worked in the event planning industry and had very high expectations. Lizzy and Alicia from Morin’s exceeded all of them. Everything was extremely organized from the first event proposal to the final checklist days before the wedding. They took care of every detail and were always quick to respond to any last minute ( and random!) questions we threw at them. My husband and I had a fairly limited budget and Alicia really worked with us to maximize it. Since the space is nontraditional, we had been a little worried about the flow between cocktail hour, dinner and then dancing. Alicia provided terrific recommendations and made sure that everything ran smoothly that evening. There isn’t a thing I would change about the evening.
    Our guests are still raving about our wedding and how much they loved the library. I would highly recommend the space to anyone looking for an elegant and unique space for their wedding.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Michelle · Married on 03/22/2014

Beautiful venue and the food was excellent. Ashley our coordinator was wonderful and made sure everything ran smoothly and was perfect. I have a wonderful wedding thanks again

Sent on 04/01/2014

Tripp · Married on 03/15/2014

Everyone connected with the Providence Public Library and Russell Morin were gracious and attentive to every last detail, particularly our coordinator, Lizzy Desibia, who managed to keep us both sane and excited during the lead-up to the big day. Not only did the wedding go off without a hitch, but it was even more wonderful than we could have wished for -- everyone's hard work and professionalism made for an unforgettable night (the gorgeous building and tremendous food helped, too!).

Sent on 06/02/2014

Margeaux · Married on 01/04/2014

We visited the Providence Public Library for the first time before the renovation was even done - but even with scaffolding and unfinished floors we knew that no other wedding venue would top it. The more we found out about the Library the more certain we became that we would be having our reception here.

Budget? Doable! Food? Russell Morin! Spatial options? Several! Onsite Coordinator? AWESOME!

From the moment we secured our date until the night was over, The Providence Public Library and it's staff amazed. Lizzy, the onsite coordinator, was phenomenal. She was upbeat and friendly, calming and extremely accommodating. She and her coworker Alicia made sure our reception was beautiful and went off without a hitch. The beauty of the library outshines any other venue in Providence - and provides a convenient and no-brainer choice for photographs.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Julia · Married on 11/09/2013

Not only is the Providence Public Library a gorgeous venue, but Morin's was fabulous to work with. Lizzy Desibia, the Event Manager, was incredibly conscientious, flexible, and diplomatic - really superb. The food was lovely, the service impeccable, and our guests had a fabulous time. We really could not have asked for more!

Sent on 01/12/2014