Graduate Providence/Providence Biltmore Reviews

67 | Providence, RI

67 Reviews for Graduate Providence/Providence Biltmore

• Lauren

Lauren Caldamone · Getting married on 02/03/2021

Still thanking our lucky stars for this...and the Graduate Team!

There is so much I could say about our wedding at the Graduate on Saturday, March 14 2020. And fortunately, it will ONLY be good things coming from us. As a wedding gets planned for months, the stress of the last few weeks is always the worst, just making sure everything will be perfect and goes off without a hitch. Well, as time went on everything was perfect, and then we got hit with a Global Pandemic. This on top of just your normal wedding stress is a major burden but also nothing you can do about it but to roll with the punches.
    I cannot say enough amazing things about this venue, including three major people who played parts in it. Elise, Michael, and Sarai have exceeded all of our expectations, went above and beyond making sure our day went absolutely amazing, and we could not have asked for a better staff to be there with us throughout the whole day/night. With Michael rearranging tables for cancellations we received up until the last hour, Elise sprinting to my room to grab the bouquet that I forgot, and Sarai and her team making our night so memorable in so many ways. It was amazing, and we would do it all over again.
    After all the crazy stress, worries, and just wedding day jitters, I couldn't have done it without this amazing staff helping us out. From the ceremony to the final song, it was AMAZING, and perfect. Thank you Graduate Team! I will recommend this place forever and ever.

Sent on 03/17/2020

Alyssa · Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

Everyone knows that the ballroom at the Graduate Providence is absolutely stunning. With its high ceilings and intricate details, it is a breathtaking space. Add to that the amazing staff, great service, and delicious food and you have a recipe for an absolutely perfect wedding! We couldn’t be more thankful that we chose to have our wedding at the Graduate Providence. Elise is extremely responsive to all of your needs and questions and can walk you through the entire wedding planning process. Almost two months later we still have guests telling us that our wedding was the best they had ever been to! We have nothing but positive things to say about the Graduate. If you are even considering booking your wedding there, do it! We wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Victoria · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing venue for our reception

Wow! From the moment I walked into the ballroom, I was blown away! The entire planning process and execution of our day was amazing! If you decide to have your wedding here, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Tuccelli · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing - Quality and Experience is Top Notch

My husband and I were SO happy and impressed with everything leading up to our wedding and especially on the day of. The efforts from Elise, Sarai and the entire staff were accommodating and professional. The attention to detail was incredible. Any question I had was answered and any problem was solved in the matter of minutes. The food was amazing -- from the lunch in the bridal suite, the appetizers at Cocktail Hour and the entrees during the reception and the post-wedding breakfast -- the Graduate did not disappoint. All of the guests enjoyed the venue and the wedding reception immensely. They are still talking about it! Everything the Graduate did to keep the beauty of the Biltmore was perfect. Thank you for the best day of our life!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Graduate Providence/Providence Biltmore's reply:

Thank you for celebrating the best day of your life with us at Graduate Providence! It was a pleasure planning your wedding with you! Elise
  • John

John Ciolfi · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding Brunch at the Biltmore

From the moment we walked into our first meeting with Elise at the BIltmore it felt as though we were not planning our wedding alone. Elise walked us through every detail from the timeline of our wedding, to the way the napkins were folded, and any FYI's that we may have forgotten throughout the planning process. Every detail discussed was perfectly executed on our wedding day. The staff at the front desk was friendly and proactive to our guests. The food was outstanding and exceeded all expectations, and the venue's renovations were stunning that every photo was a show stopper.

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Christiana

Christiana Austin · Married on 02/09/2019

Elegant, unique, professional, accommodating, magical

Prepping for a wedding is an exciting, yet overwhelming time. Some brides know exactly what they want from start to finish, but it wasn't that simple for me. I needed someone to hold my hand throughout the process.

I originally chose the Biltmore for three reasons:
    1. I didn't want to hire separate catering
    2. I wanted a venue that could provide hotel rooms, a ceremony, and a reception incased it snowed
    3. I needed something within my budget

I wasn't too keen on the idea of a winter wedding to begin with. However, everything far exceeded my expectations.
    Elise guided me patiently from start to finish. She helped work with my budget and took care of all the little details I overlooked. She directed our rehearsal and big day from start to finish. I never had to look at the clock or ask someone what was next. She gave us a schedule so we knew what to expect. Her professional and warmth were so reassuring. She is one incredible woman!

Our guests raved about the food, and there were even delicious options for my vegan and gluten free friends.

My husband is a photographer, and he was nervous about indoor photos. The Biltmore has amazing lighting for photos!

The entire day was magical. Everything was perfect from the moment I woke up in the bridal suit, to the end of the night when my husband and I walked into our honeymoon suit to find chocolates, champagne, and other goodies.

Overall, the venue was elegant, unique, accommodating, professional, and something that my guests and I will remember for years to come.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Sharon · Married on 12/31/2018

The best night of our lives!

Thank you for such a great experience... we received so many compliments on how it was such a top notch venue. Everything was so beautiful!!!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Sarai · Married on 11/25/2018

Amazing day

Our wedding was beyond amazing! We had a Christmas theme wedding on November 25th. We had a guest list of 69. I have always loved the Grand Ballroom. It’s a beautiful room all on its own and it’s also where my husband’s grandparents had their reception 62 years ago! It’s a classic.

The hotel decorates for the holidays at the beginning of November so it made for great photos! We took pictures on the grand staircase. We had our ceremony on the 18th floor right by the windows. It was perfect! Our guests were blown away by the views! Cocktail hour on one side of the ballroom and dinner on the other side.

Elise is the senior wedding coordinator and she is awesome! Since we had a small guest list we took full advantage of the space. We had a coffee/hot cocoa/dessert station and a candy station and the displays were beautiful. The food was hot and delicious and the staff was on point! The team of Missy, Roland, Carmine, Kim, Meagan, Dan, David took great care of us, our families are still raving about it! It was the perfect day! I highly recommend you consider this gem for your special day or event!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Lindsay · Married on 06/09/2018

This was the first venue we looked at and we instantly knew this was where we wanted to get married. We met Elise Shatraw, Senior Catering Sales Manager, during our initial visit and were very impressed with her from the start.
    We had our ceremony in the Garden Room. When we first booked our wedding we could not be guaranteed this room for the ceremony, it could have been booked for another wedding on the same night. Luckily the Garden Room did not get booked for another wedding, and was available for our ceremony. The Garden Room is beautiful on its own, minimal decorations/flowers were needed. We had 210 guests and they were able to comfortably fit in this room.
    Our cocktail hour was in the L'Apogee Room. The transition from the 2nd to 17th floor was slow. Due to the backup on the elevators the line to the bar wasn’t bad because guests were arriving in waves. The passed hors d'oeuvres were delicious.
    The reception was in the Grand Ballroom.The food was delicious. The lobster chowder was very “New England”. We went with the champagne pop and the flambé presentation, both were definitely worth it! The flambé is really fun and unique. We did have a few wedding crashers during the reception. We knew this was a possibility since there isn’t any security setup to stop people from walking into the elevator and just going up to the 17th floor.
    There is a wedding prelude event in the winter that all summer couples +4 guests are invited to attend.This gave us the opportunity to taste many of the food options from the menu before picking our final selections.
    We did find the room booking process frustrating. The booking link had rate issues/date restrictions. Our first room block filled up quickly, yet I was not notified. I would have preferred they were more proactive in communicating that the block was full.
    Elise was always very organized which made me feel comfortable handing off all of my wedding "stuff" and having her set it up the way I had envisioned

Sent on 06/25/2018

Melanie · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the Providence Biltmore. We had both our ceremony and reception there. It was definitely the absolute best day of our lives, thanks to the Biltmore! The venue is GORGEOUS and the staff is fantastic! We couldn’t have asked for better service! We had our ceremony in the Garden ball room and our reception upstairs in the grand ball room. Our guests really enjoyed this because it gave them a change in scenery. The food was incredible and our guests raved about it! Our guests were also blown away by the flambé presentation, we highly recommend adding that to your wedding! So many of our guests said that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. The day really did feel like a real life fairytale, thank you Elise and the Biltmore staff!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Kevin · Married on 03/17/2018

From the beginning, the Biltmore staff provided a concise and clear
    overview of the space, services and pricing. We did not have any
    surprises throughout the process. Our coordinator was flexible with
    requests we had, responded to emails in an extraordinarily quick time,
    and was always calm, extremely articulate and clear with
    explanations. We enjoyed our time with her and she gave us tremendous
    confidence for our day.

We see the Biltmore as a very special and unique place. It provides a
    lovely cocktail space and gorgeous, character rich ballroom
    overlooking Providence with convenience of guest rooms an elevator
    ride away. But it’s not just the building that makes it special, the
    service provided by the staff starting with our very first visit
    through working out details after our wedding day, has made it a real
    delight. Our guests experienced this and so did we.
    We are incredibly thankful to the Biltmore for making our day so
    beautiful, enjoyable, special and fun! All of the staff we worked with
    were accommodating and went the extra mile. We highly recommend the
    Biltmore.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Erin · Married on 01/13/2018

The Grand Ballroom at the Biltmore sells itself with its 1920s fairytale wedding vibe, and our wedding ceremony and reception were orchestrated flawlessly by the Biltmore staff. All of our friends and family raved about the room, the food, and the ambiance created by such an elegant historical property. Roland, our attendant for the evening, was wonderful- he helped us with formalities timing, made sure we ate, and did everything he could to ensure that we had a wonderful time. Elise, Jennifer, and the entire team helped us to create the best day of our lives. Many thanks to all!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Charles · Married on 10/07/2017

Well, they say better late than never! I so wanted to leave a review for The Providence Biltmore right after our ceremony and reception, but life has been quite busy since our wedding on 10/07/17. My husband Eric and I can not say enough kind words about Elise and her staff. When Elise descended the grand staircase for our first meeting, we knew from her professional, confident, approachable and tasteful presence that we were making the right choice for our ceremony and reception venue. Her guidance, attention to detail, prompt responses to emails and warmth were appreciated throughout our one year planning process and the results were FLAWLESS. Our guests continue to rave about the exceptional service and the presentation and taste of everything we ate throughout our cocktail hour and reception. ( You must choose the lamb lollipops. You'll thank me later. :) ) The view and ambiance of L'apogee 18 can not be found anywhere else in Providence. Eric and I look forward to returning to The Biltmore for our first anniversary and to reunite with Elise and staff we got to know during our stay. I also feel the front desk, bellman and valet staff should be recognized for their professionalism as they too, contributed to a memorable experience for us and our out of town guests. Cheers to your engagement, you have found the perfect venue for the most important day of your lives!

Charles and Eric Wrona-Perry

Sent on 12/05/2017

DONNA · Married on 07/14/2017

After checking out many venues, my daughter visited the Providence Biltmore. The minute she walked into the door of not only the lobby, but especially the Grand Ballroom, her decision was made. Elise Shatraw, the Senior Catering Sales Manager, walked us through everything with ease. Little did we know how wonderful she would be throughout the wedding planning process from start to finish. Her response to my many emails was super quick with every question answered and every reassurance given. The wedding was held last Friday, during the National Governor's Conference. We would never have known that anything other than our wedding was happening! The Providence Biltmore was an amazing venue for this special day.... the ceremony was held in the Garden Room, which was elegant beyond measure. Cocktails were served in L'Apogee on the 17th floor with an amazing view of the city... the appetizers and drinks were excellent! The reception was held in the Grand Ballroom... and there is a reason they call it "Grand". It felt like a fairy tale... there are insufficient words for the atmosphere. Everyone raved about every dinner course and the wait staff was spot on! Thank you Elise and Michael for a wonderful and stress-free experience.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Meg · Married on 05/18/2017

We held an intimate wedding ceremony on the 2nd floor balcony of the Providence Biltmore. Not only were the staff courteous and complimentary but they were efficient and made my dream wedding look absolutely effortless! Kudos to the events team at the Biltmore for doing a wonderful job creating a warm and inviting wedding atmosphere!

Sent on 12/28/2016

esther · Married on 03/18/2017

Elise and her team are simply the best. Our wedding was better then we could have imagined. From the beginning of the wedding planning process to the day of the wedding everything was perfect. I have very high expectations and they far exceeded them. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. We could not be happier.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Brooke · Married on 03/10/2017

The Providence Biltmore was the best venue for my wedding. From the beginning stages of planning to the day of my wedding everything went smoothly and as planned. Elise the Senior Catering and Sales Manager was excellent! The food was amazing and the staff was great. I highly recommend anyone have their wedding here.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Rachel E · Married on 02/11/2017

Everything about The Biltmore was amazing. The entire planning process was so easy and the staff is great to work with. Many thanks to Elise Shatraw, Michael Babb, Crystal Papino, Jeffrey Silva, and Christina - you all were wonderful and are valuable assets to the hospitality industry. Compliments to the chef as well as everything was delicious! I highly recommend The Biltmore for a reception venue!

Sent on 03/30/2017

rachel · Married on 08/20/2016

best venue ever. we had our ceremony in the garden room and reception in the ballroom and they were both STUNNING. the food was SO DELICIOUS and elise and michael and the entire waitstaff was FABULOUS. elise was amazing to work with, so responsive to my emails and so helpful with any requests. the only issue i can think of is that a lot of rooms (including my grooms) had a big issue with the AC in their rooms but that didn't affect my amazing wedding. the biltmore literally made it the best night EVER.

Sent on 09/20/2016

M · Married on 06/25/2016

Our thank you letter to the Biltmore wedding coordinator and team:
    What can we say? You are incredible. We cannot thank you enough for everything you and your team did for us. You made the process of preparing for our wedding day so relaxed and enjoyable. Your tireless support was what we needed to have confidence that despite a tight timeline and (at least to us) complicated plan, it would all go smoothly and perfectly – and it so did! We appreciated your attention to every detail, from the food requests through every detail of the room and other arrangements we asked about, you made it all happen and did not miss a thing. We appreciate your coordination with all of our vendors – it was so nice to know that everyone was working out all the details together and we could relax and be present in the moment of the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. More importantly, you had your eye on the event as a whole, and your artistry in pulling it all together and making everything so lovely and enjoyable is deeply appreciated. Everyone is still raving – we have heard from many people that it was the most enjoyable wedding they have attended. We continue to get glowing feedback about the venue, beautiful and artistic arrangements, and the seamless flow to the event. And both of our mothers loved working with you! Thank you again for absolutely everything.

With so much appreciation,

Sent on 07/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

We had our wedding at the Providence Biltmore last April. We had the best experience working with Elise and her team. All the planning leading up to the big day was seamless. They were so professional and did everything to make our day special. The food was absolutely amazing, the ballroom was gorgeous, and the staff was super friendly. We could really see how well prepared they were and experienced with planning events, especially wedding receptions. We would highly recommend having your wedding reception at the Biltmore. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/16/2017

David · Married on 03/12/2016

Elise and Caitlin are true service professionals. Their attention to detail is second to none. Our wedding set the bar for friends and family who are having/attending weddings. Execution was a top priority of ours considering we are both in the hospitality/food service industry. We are tough critics and very particular. Elise and Caitlin ensured that not a beat was missed throughout our entire wedding day! We have guests who say they have been to weddings all
    Over the world and have never been to a more beautiful wedding than ours at The Providence Biltmore! Thank you for making our wedding not only one that we won't soon forget but our guests too!!

Sent on 03/20/2016

When we walked into the Biltmore and caught a glimpse of the incredible staircase that greeted us, it was hard to fight off the immediate feeling of “we found our place”. If only we knew how lucky we were having that feeling hit us so soon. The aesthetics of the lobby, stairway, and mezzanine only scratch the service of what the Providence Biltmore has to offer. If anything, they can be defined as symbolic of the first-class service you will receive from Caitlin and Elise throughout your wedding planning process.
    We got married in the recently renovated Garden Ballroom. With that, our guests were allowed to utilize not only the beautiful ballroom, but also the entire mezzanine for the night. We’ve received a countless amount of feedback from our guests, telling us how much they loved the fact that they were free to spread out throughout the entire mezzanine, rather than being confined to one room for the night. The service provided by the wait staff was reminiscent of being at a 5 star restaurant. The room was set up in such an incredibly classy, yet simple fashion. With no detail left unaccounted for.
    Elise is the manager of the department and was amazingly knowledgeable and a great communicator. She always returned emails and phone calls in a timely fashion, with a smile on her face, and an insight and guidance that made you feel at ease, during what we all know can be a very stressful planning process.
    Our main contact was Caitlin. An incredibly talented, kind, and energetic person with an innate ability to take all of those ideas you have in your head and bring them into reality. From the get-go she made us feel so comfortable and trusting, that we would often find ourself deferring to her when we needed advice on a big decision. Throughout our planning process, Caitlin was there time after time to answer our questions or provide advice. She goes above and beyond working with the other vendors you have chosen for your day.

Sent on 04/01/2016
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 01/09/2016

We will be having our wedding here in January and cannot be more pleased with Elise and Jennifer. They have worked with us so much in regards to how we want things to go and I know in my heart that it will be such a beautiful day we both will remember the rest of our lives.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Allison · Married on 11/14/2015

Elise and her staff were great. Good was the best wedding food, all the guest were talking about it for days after. The venue was amazing at night on the top floor.

Sent on 12/07/2015