Protea Diamonds Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/30/2018

Excellent!

Anthony was a pleasure to work with, both before and through our engagement. My now-husband and I decided to choose the engagement ring together, and I wanted a ring that was similar to my mother's estate ring. I couldn't find anything online or in stores that had a similar look and I was really starting to feel destined to having to spend weekends at estate sales to find what I was looking for (which is not how I wanted to spend my weekends!). At our first appointment, Anthony understood exactly what I was looking for and helped us find an engagement ring that matched my vision and our budget. The diamond he helped us choose was gorgeous too! I get complimented all the time on my ring.

Anthony also helped us choose our wedding bands – mine matched the vintage look of my engagement ring perfectly and my husband's is a simple, classic band. Through the entire process, Anthony was fantastic. He helped us find exactly what we wanted and made the process so easy. We can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Ginger · Married on 03/25/2017

Anthony at Protea Diamonds couldn't have been more amazing and attentive to details. My fiance and I visited his shop in Arlington and he helped us design a custom engagement ring. I let him know all of the things I wanted -- a non traditional ring with both a colored stone and diamonds. And then he and my fiance met just the two of them to put it together. He was incredible helpful with lots of personal attention. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to ditch the mass-produced and over-priced jewelers at the mall and work with someone who has exacting attention to detail and makes beautiful jewelry.

Sent on 01/03/2016
  • Bob

Robert · Married on 04/16/2016

Purchasing our jewelry from Protea was one of the best decisions we made. Anthony did a superb job of educating us about what constitues a high-quality diamond. He educated us about some of the tricks jewelers use to sell you diamonds. He took the time to learn about us, our likes and dislikes, and our budget. He dealt with us fairly and never tried to upsell us. Above all, I feel like we got a tremendous value for what we paid. I would highly recommend Protea to anyone. In fact, I already have.

Sent on 07/08/2016

We had an incredible experience working with Anthony at Protea Diamonds. My husband bought my engagement ring there and then we bought both of our wedding rings with him. He is very knowledgable and honest. We felt very taken care of and the rings are of great quality. We highly reccomend Protea!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Emily · Married on 11/12/2011

Antony of Protea is wonderful to work with. We purchased our wedding bands from him after my husband had purchased my engagement ring from Protea. Antony is extremely knowledgable and works with your preferences and what will look best with your engagement ring. Beautiful rings and a friendly, fun experience.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Jessica · Married on 03/26/2011

Anthony is a dream...my husband designed my engagement ring with him, and we got our wedding bands there, and I still can't stop looking at my hand. Impeccable work, great service, very friendly. Would recommend him to anyone. An honest jeweler, a rare breed.

Sent on 04/02/2011
  • W

Anne · Married on 09/25/2010

We found Anthony and Protea Diamonds because one of my coworkers had an absolutely beautiful engagement ring and her fiance had gone to Protea. Anthony has a mind boggling selection of both engagement rings and wedding rings for both men and women and he is delightful to work with. He is also extremely knowledgeable about diamonds.

I would particularly recommend Anthony for engagement rings, as would my fiance!

Sent on 11/25/2010

Erika · Married on 04/23/2010

My fiance bought my ring at Protea. I couldn't be more pleased with it. It is beautiful and I get compliments on it all the time. I met Anthony later on to pick out the wedding band and he was so helpful. He is all about quality over quantity and is really an expert in the industry. He will give you all the information you need (good and bad) to help you make an educated decision on what to buy. He never puts any pressure on you either. I definitely recommend Protea to anyone in the market for a quality piece of jewelry.‎

Sent on 06/02/2010

j · Married on 01/12/2008

I have used Anthony and Protea on three separate occasions for enagagments and wedding. In all instances, his expertise, service, product, and flexibility has been exceptional. This was evident especially when travel plans changed (wedding was in Florida with international guests) and jewelry needed to be overnighted at the last minute! The bride's anxiety was high, but Protea made things simple. :)

And of course, the product--a custom set from Rennaissance--was expertly put together by Anthony and advised as it was designed.

I am sure when we hit 10 and 20 we will be back!

Mary Alice · Married on 03/03/2007

Working with Anthony and Chloe for our wedding jewelry was a pleasure. Not only does Protea have a large selection of wedding bands, but the quality is outstanding and it did not break the bank for us. They helped us choose beautiful wedding bands and delivered them in a timely manner. They were not pushy and did not pressure us to make a decision on our first visit. I will definitely recommend Protea to any friends who plan to make a jewelry purchase.

Skyler · Married on 02/24/2006

Our rings were exactly how we wanted.

Sent on 03/10/2009

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2005

Highly recommend.

Professional service. Diamonds come direct from South Africa (not a "blood diamond" location). They were very helpful to my husband to help choose the engagement ring that I love. Also bought our wedding rings there.

Sent on 02/04/2007

Birgit · Married on 09/01/2002

Thank you, Protea! Protea Diamonds designed our rings and found us the best quality diamonds. We live in CA, so our business with Protea usually includes some sort of delivery, which is always completed securely and quickly. We stop in for personal service whenever we are in town. We love the innovative designs from Protea.

Cathleen · Married on 07/29/2007

I could not have been more pleased with the selection, service and value provided by Protea Diamonds. Anthony knows his stuff, gives advice when asked and is not pushy in any way. I gave Anthony the budget and he stayed within it...even including tax. I appreciated that he did not try to encourage us to buy more than we were comfortable. And our rings are truly gorgeous. My engagement ring and wedding band are real stunners. My husband was hesitant to wear a wedding band due to comfort issues. Anthony steered him toward a band that is comfortable and that he loves. I highly recommend Protea Diamonds.

Jamie · Married on 11/06/2006

Protea Diamonds did a great job on my wife's engagement ring. Anthony was great and put up with me for an hour or so as I tried to pick the right diamond. He made the process simple and worked with my budget and timeline. My wife loves her ring and is still getting compliments two years later. My wife and I went back to Protea for our wedding rings too and found his selection of mens bands to be MUCH broader than any of the big name jewelers in Alexandria & Arlington. Where other jewelers had 2 or 3 rings that you might consider, Protea had closer to 25 that I was considering. I would definitely recommend Protea to anyone who is looking for something special. The staff is friendly, courteous, and doesn't pressure you into anything. I'll definitely be going back for the next big ticket item.

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

Great vendor and really educates you on diamonds and the purchasing process.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Jeanne · Married on 10/07/2007

Protea Diamond provided me with superb customer service when we were selecting my engagement ring. I was one of those picky brides who didn't want a big ol' solitaire and Chole and Anthony were fantastically patient with me...this after being ignored at other shops once the sales folks realize we didn't want The Rock. They special-ordered a ring in from the designer without blinking an eye. And then when my engagement ring was STOLEN just a week before the wedding, they scurried and found an exact replacement for me and had it sized and HAND DELIVERED it to me within three days. I just can't believe what a wonderful experience we had with Protea. They have a large and beautiful selection of settings, they are extremely knowledgeable and patient, and their customer service is OUTSTANDING.

mike · Married on 09/28/2007

Anthony is the kind of jeweler you think doesn't exist. He was professional but not pushy at all. He is patient (works by appointment only), will explain all facets of what to look for and knows his diamonds and settings. He has a good selection of all diamonds and (did I mention patient) will go through them all with you. I bought my wife's engagement ring as well as the wedding rings. I couldn't have been happier with the entire experience

Meghan · Married on 11/04/2006

Anthony and Chole at Protea Diamond were absolutely fabulous to work with!! I wanted to be a part of the process of picking out my engagement ring but didn't want to know exactly what I was getting..not always easy to work with! I also didn't want a traditional ring but wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. Anthony worked with me to find a couple setting that I really liked and that looked wonderful on my finger. He then worked seperately with my husband to pick the diamond and finalize the setting. The ring is PERFECT! I get compliments on it all the time and people take a good long look at it. With our Anthony's help we would have never found this ring.

We also picked our wedding bands from Protea. You can't find this wide of a selection anywhere else. Mine was made to match my engagement ring perfectly!

The service does not stop once you purchase the ring. If you ever have a problem or need your ring clean Protea don't hesitate to take care of you right away.

The personal service and wide selection can't be beat!

Sent on 02/28/2008

Emily · Married on 08/25/2007

1.5
      3.0
      2.0

While the bands we got from Protea are surely beautiful, I did not find their sales people to be very responsive. Even just placing the order with them, 5 days after we'd tried on bands, was difficult. Most frustrating was that no one returned our calls, no one called us to tell us the bands were in, and they generally just didn't seem to care about our business. I don't know how much their average sale is, but our bands were not inexpensive -- we spent over $6,000 there -- so I was expecting a bit better service.

Sent on 01/21/2008