Pro City DJ Reviews

57 Reviews for Pro City DJ

1 User photo

Pro City DJ 1

Adriana · Married on 09/01/2018

From our very first email inquiry to Rick Walker to our wedding day and our final communications, Rick was an absolute pleasure to work with and I’m honestly a bit sad that we’re not his clients anymore--as weird as that is to say!

Rick went above and beyond his role as a DJ by helping us create a very detailed itinerary for our wedding day. He did a great job in asking us what we wanted while also respectfully providing his own input based on his professional experience. Rick strikes a masterful balance between being authoritative and open-minded, which I learned is actually pretty rare for any wedding vendor.

By the way, Rick is also a terrific MC and DJ! He did a great job setting the mood and playing the right songs to get everyone to dance! One of my favorite moments of the night was the massive impromptu conga line that he started that got nearly 100% participation!

Overall, both my husband and I agree that he is worth way more than what he asks for and you can’t go wrong with getting him to be on your dream wedding team.

Brian · Married on 09/01/2018

Let me put it this way - Rick Walker is worth whatever he asks for multiplied by three.

Around two years ago, when we started planning our wedding, I sent out a quick email to around ten DJs introducing myself and listing our venue/date.

1. Rick was one of the first DJs to respond back.
    2. Rick's response was the longest and the most specific (being familiar with the venue, he asked questions like if the reception was in the Barrel Room or at Vista del Valle outdoors).
    3. Rick's response was the friendliest. We liked Rick instantly.

After finalizing our decision to go with Rick, we were treated to a master demonstration of vendor communication. He immediately started work on a master itinerary and asked us numerous questions that spurred us to think about decisions that would never have occurred to us. It was like hiring a wedding planner, coordinator, and DJ all at once. Every email was hyper specific and focused, and we nailed the perfect timeline way before the date of the wedding, which was a huge relief to us.

On the day of the wedding, Rick was professionalism incarnate. He worked extremely well with the other vendors, and dealt with every obstacle we could've thrown at him with grace, such as last minute changes and conflicting timelines with the venue. Our wedding came and went without a hitch, and we really do think we owe a large part of that to Rick.

We liked him so much, we both wrote a review. That's how you know.

Stop the search and send him an email - you'll see what I mean!

Vishnu · Married on 08/19/2018

Rick and Suzanne are the best! They've a great music selection and helped create an awesome playlist for our indo-mexican wedding and that was just the tip of the iceberg.
    Rick helped plan our wedding agenda out and helped coordinate the whole event across an outdoor setting for the ceremony and indoor setting for the reception. He was very responsive and helped come up with the schedule at a very short notice. He's got tons of experience with weddings, music and scheduling.
    Their energy levels are super high and they're very enthusiastic about wedding planning and meeting your specific music needs.

Pro City DJ 2

Andy · Married on 07/14/2018

My wife and I have worked with Rick at multiple weddings in Temecula and recently worked with him this past weekend at another wedding. His music choices and way he interacts with the bride and groom are exceptional. Great guy and great service!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Pro City DJ's reply:

Was a mutual pleasure to work with Brittney & Andy of Astray Photography. Their wedding photo work is Tops. The synergy and collaboration between your DJ and Photographer(s) is super important to the overall success of your Celebration!
  • Dan

Dan · Married on 06/30/2018

Outstanding experience. A true professional that you guide you through the process of creating a memorable wedding/event. Not a single negative word was said about the terrific job Rick did at our wedding. We'd highly recommend him. Rick also supplied all of the beautiful lighting and a photo booth.

Julie · Married on 05/18/2018

Last Saturday, May 19th, Rick worked his magic at my daughter's wedding in Temecula. As an emcee and DJ, Rick helped to create and edit the ceremony/reception timeline. He kept us all in order and on track. He also helped to create a fabulous music list and didn't miss any of the "must plays",(especially my list). He was professional, easy to work with and was always available to answer questions. Our dance floor was a busy place all night and as parents of the bride we could not be happier. Several guests complimented us on our DJ and I know how happy the bride and groom were. We would highly recommend Rick for any event where music, fun and laughter are required.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Pro City DJ's reply:

It's great to receive a wonderful Review from our Parents of the Bride & Groom. Julie played an active role and contributed much to the Success of our Celebration and it was my pleasure to play her Elton John favorites. Thanks, Julie!

Dan · Married on 05/04/2018

DJ Rick is great. He MC'ed and DJ'ed our wedding at Spencer's in Palm Springs. He did a great job working with us beforehand to create a comprehensive schedule of everything to make sure the day went smoothly; his experience shown through as an MC where he kept the day organized and professional; and he song choice for the dance floor kept the party going for hours. Thanks DJ Rick!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Pro City DJ's reply:

Another great Spencer's / Palm Springs Wedding Celebration! Dan and Alison were great to work with and are an amazing couple. All of their guests came ready to Celebrate and the Dance Floor was Rock'n all night and to the Very End!

Lynnea · Married on 04/20/2018

Rick was absolutely amazing! He was a tremendous help to my husband and I to make our wedding amazing and memorable. Rick spent a lot of time with me creating a wedding itinerary in which we ended up using as our primary itinerary for all of our vendors to keep everyone on the same page. He was very easy to get in touch with and went above and beyond our expectations! He would keep in touch with me and send me reminders during the planning process to help keep me on track. He helped me coordinate all of our scenes for the wedding. He helped everything run smooth so we did not have to worry about a thing the day of. If you are looking for someone with experience in running events and reading a crowd then this is your guy! I am so glad he helped us with our wedding and would refer him to any of our family and friends!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Pro City DJ's reply:

Proper planning is everything and does make the difference. Lynnea put her trust in me and together we created a detailed Itinerary / Music Program that worked perfectly. Only thing left to do was Dance and Celebrate and that we all Did!

KIM · Married on 10/06/2017

DJ Rick exceeded all of our expectations. He was professional, responsive, understanding, gave great advice and was so easy to work with. He was an exceptional DJ and kept the dance floor hot all night long! All of our guests mentioned to us a few times during the night how awesome the music was! HIRE DJ RICK! You won't regret it!! We gave him 5 stars and he should get more than that!

cheri · Married on 06/30/2017

DJ Rick did my daughter's wedding on June 30, 2017. From the moment we hired him his proffesionalism and dedication showed. He went far beyond what our expectations were. He had everyone (all ages)out of their seats and dancing the whole night. He did a amazing job. The night was absolutely perfect and he played a huge roll and making it so wonderful. I would highly recommend him!!! Thank you DJ Rick

Sent on 07/03/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

A beautiful Bride and a Wonderful Wedding at Grand Tradition Estate / Fallbrook. Cheri hired me and then passed the communication to her daughter for the creation of our music program details. From there we put together a great music program and this was truly a Touching Wedding Celebration that had so many people on the Dance Floor! Our celebration included a fantastic live singing performance from a close friend for out couples 1st dance which was super special. Super Nice Family!!!

Tammy · Married on 06/09/2017

My husband and I could not have been happier with Pro City DJ. After having our first phone conversation with Rick Walker, my husband and I knew we would pick him for our June wedding. We felt Rick understood us and the kind of atmosphere and music we were hoping for. Prior to our wedding Rick had us complete a itinerary for our wedding day music. It was detailed and in the weeks and days leading up to our wedding we communicated with him my email and updated the itinerary as necessary (we changed our minds a few times). My husband and I had a few special requests and things we wanted announced and Rick took note of it all. I knew our wedding was in good hands and I was right! Rick remembered everything we requested throughout the evening and it was so great knowing that I didn't have to worry about a thing! The dance floor was always full and people had a great time dancing.
    We HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a DJ! Thank you Rick for helping to make our wedding day so amazing! ~ Tammy & Scott

Sent on 04/13/2018

Pro City DJ's reply:

Tammy & Scott were amazing and so easy to work with with and for. There wedding was at Frangipani Winery / Temecula and you should check out this very cool laid back venue for your wedding!

Amber · Married on 05/06/2017

I am so glad I hired Rick as our DJ! We were having issues with our wedding planner and Rick really helped ease my mind by working with me to nail down a timeline. Something that was very unexpected from a DJ's services. You can tell right away how passionate he is about DJing. The moment the dancing started, there was not a single person sitting! My husband and I were joking about how we never got to make the rounds to see our guests at their tables because we visited with them all on the dance floor! People were having a BLAST and kept telling us for days after how great the music choices were. My husband also has a very difficult last name and he pronounced it correctly every time! Some of our friends are still trying to figure it out! I can't recommend Rick enough. He knows exactly when to play the current hits and when to play the oldies!

maureena · Married on 04/21/2017

DJ Rick was such a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond our expectations. We had our wedding on April 21, 2017 in Mount Palomar Winery and I have to say that he was definitely crucial to the great experience everyone had on our wedding day. During the planning phase, I went and contacted 3 other DJs but Rick won my husband's and my heart for his professionalism, prompt response and passion. The initial contact with DJ Rick left a great impression and the following email correspondences made planning such a breeze. 2 days before the big day, he even contacted me to make me aware that he would work on the bride entrance song to ensure it hits the impact when I walked down the aisle - to me this was passion. He made our wedding such a great time and we did not have any issues with lighting, sound and his Emceeing skills. Pro City DJ is highly recommended for quality, value and great customer service. You will not regret having DJ Rick during your big day.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

Planning and preparation is the Key. Maureena was wonderful to work with and for and did everything I asked her to do. We had a great music day program / Itinerary and the Dancing Fun was great too!

Matthew · Married on 04/15/2017

I think I got more compliments on the DJ (Rick) than anything else at my wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night and every song went over great. Rick did a great job at reading the crowd, we gave him a few songs that we really wanted to hear but let him take the reins for the rest of the night. I was nervous booking a DJ that I had never heard, but he was seriously perfect. Rick was very organized throughout the entire process and helped us focus our timeline for the night. He responded almost immediately to every email and I felt assured throughout the whole process.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

Meghan and Matthew and all their guests were simply a total joy to DJ & Emcee for. They did everything I asked them to do in preparing and in doing so I was able to run a program that ran Smoothly and most of all was "Lots Of Fun"!

Nichelle · Married on 03/25/2017

Rick is very passionate about what he does. He's experienced and has every detail down. And he listens to what you need and want to make sure your event is perfect. Due to his professionalism and knowledge, as a client you know your event will run smoothly and that allows you to have a more pleasurable experience.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

Nichelle was so nice and easy to work for and with. She did everything I asked her to do in preparing our music program and it was a "Picture Perfect" wedding celebration for sure!

Tyler · Married on 03/19/2017

We just had our wedding last week and Rick NAILED IT! When we first discussed the type of music he would play, I was a little skeptical because he told us to give him a couple of songs as a "flavor" for the wedding and to trust him to take care of the rest. Obviously we wanted a little more control, but we decided that since we were so focused on a number of other details, that letting the DJ control the music wouldn't be the worst idea. Our wedding was tough because we're a mixed race couple (me being Caucasian and my wife Vietnamese). This makes it so that our families like very different styles of music.

When it came time for the reception, everything went amazing! Everyone was on the dance floor throughout the night. Everyone was having a great time. No one was turned off or felt excluded by any of the song choices. Rick was able to create a list for us that got everyone excited and made the end of our special day extremely fun and successful.

Thank you Rick for making our wedding that much more special and for following through with your suggestion of trust in a big way. You saved us a TON of time creating our own playlist and definitely did a better job choosing songs than we would have done. Your experience really shined through and we couldn't have been happier with our experience.

One final word. After the ceremony, we got a chance to speak with Rick and he told us about the distinction between a DJ for a club and a DJ for events like ours. Don't make the mistake of thinking they are the same thing. Choose someone who knows how weddings work and how to make them fun for everybody! Also, Pro City took dozens of great pictures for us without charging a thing!

5 Stars! Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

Thank you Tyler for a wonderful review. Both of you and all your guests were fantastic and Fun to DJ for. You did trust me and that is what made the difference. It enabled me to do my very best and the dance floor was Hopping!

Amy · Married on 03/18/2017

We will forever listen to the mix from our wedding day. That should be a testament to how awesome Rick is as DJ and MC. He was incredibly organized and proactive to speak exactly what he needed for a venue (Palm Springs/Desert estate property) which was new to the wedding scene. He listened to all our requests pre-wedding and put an awesome mix of Russian (important piece of our wedding), 90/2000’s, and current tracks in a way that everyone (from 6years to 70) was dancing until the end.

Rick was amazing to work with he was a very organized and sent us a timeline (event before our wedding coordinator) to complete for wedding songs way in advance. His style of organization worked perfectly with my planner personality however if you're a bride that is an organized doesn't enjoy planning Rick can absolutely take over this portion of the task… he was flexible with music and changes in music he allowed the bride and groom to change songs during the middle of the night and worked with an outside guitar player (a friend of ours) who performed during the ceremony. If we EVER have need for a DJ and MC, we would have a zero hesitation in hiring Rick again- his price, his effort, his energy they're all worth it to bring to the table for us celebration like your wedding!

He did our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and of course reception. All three phases were awesome, as he worked with us to curate the selection of music before. His sound system was very high quality. Best of all, he was THE most affordable compared to other vendors!

Would highly highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

Amy, Vitaliy and all their guests were a pleasure for me to DJ & Emcee for. Their wedding celebration was beautiful and they gave me much freedom to DJ and entertain the Open Set Dancing. You should see the photos, they are fantastic!
  • User7737904 · 1+ year ago

Rick DJ'd my Daughters wedding in Idyllwild and he did an awesome job. We had our ceremony and reception in the same location, with one setup he was able to keep the price down and the event flowing smoothly. Rick really knows how to please the crowd, I don't think the dance floor was empty from the time he started until he had to pack up and go. I had rave reviews from all my guests. He was very professional and easy to work with, all his experience really shows. I highly recommend his services. He is also easy on the eyes, that didn't hurt :)

Sent on 02/02/2017

Pro City DJ's reply:

Now and then I get to plan a wedding with the Mother of the Bride. Cathy was very detailed and naturally wanted everything to be wonderful. It was a beautiful small and intimate Christmas season wedding to remember!

Tyler · Married on 10/08/2016

We recently used Rick as our DJ/Emcee for our wedding. He was amazing in every step of the process. He was always quick with responses to our questions and always extremely thorough making sure we saw the whole picture so that we could make the right decision for us. Rick did more than just play the music at our wedding, he helped us choose the right microphones, lighting, and also helped plan the timeline of the entire reception. I cannot stress enough the importance of a DJ who takes the time to pay attention to the details! I would recommend Rick a million times over.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Pro City DJ's reply:

Tyler was a pure joy to work for and with. Together we planned and put together a great program and she chose to have me Up Light the Ponte´Barrel Room and the Cake table. Everything was fantastic!

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

Rick was awesome!! I highly recommend him for any event you may be planning. He turned my wedding vision into reality and had the dance floor poppin' all night! Thank you, Rick!! :)

Sent on 10/04/2016

Pro City DJ's reply:

Brittany was great to work with and for we planed and put together a great Secluded Garden Estates Wedding Celebration. Open Dancing was Hot!

Kathleen · Married on 09/17/2016

Rick was absolutely on top of his game! As soon as we mentioned what we were thinking he was on it, explaining what it would take and how we could get there!
    Our wedding of about 140 people was on our Ranch in Temecula. He did the Music for the ceremony, coordinated the rest of the evening including 2 slide shows and still provided lots of time for dancing; the floor was packed the entire time!!! We also had a gobo which he projected onto the dance floor - my personal Fav!!!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Pro City DJ's reply:

Ranch home weddings are special and require extra planning and coordination. Everyone had a great time and Kathleen & Robert worked hard preparing their home. The Gobo was a custom monogram projected on the dance floor and looked great!

Andy · Married on 08/20/2016

Rick is amazing. So thorough and detailed. He delt with a challenging venue at our wedding and nothing phased him. Very responsive. Our dance floor was packed the whole night. He was very flexible accommodating a friend playing music at the ceremony. I would recommend him to everyone!!!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Pro City DJ's reply:

Andy & Cara were great to work and DJ for. Much preparation went into their Lake Arrowhead mountain retreat wedding and I had a great time too!

Andy · Married on 07/23/2016

Rick was fantastic! We had him DJ our wedding, in addition to providing sound during our ceremony (wireless and lav mics) and some dance floor and table up-lighting. He was thorough and professional, while also being kind, calm, and excellent at stuff like announcements. He played every song we requested and avoided every song we had on our "do not play" list, which made us very happy. By the end of the evening the dance floor was so full it couldn't even fit everyone!

Rick was also great to deal with leading up to the wedding, always quick to respond and thorough with his planning. He was also a tremendously great value, which is amazing considering how great his work was.

I highly recommend Rick for any event, especially weddings!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Pro City DJ's reply:

Andy & Lindsay really enjoyed their special day at Falkner Winery and it was my pleasure to Host, DJ and Emcee them!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/12/2016

We got married in Temecula, CA and DJ Rick Walker of Pro City was our DJ. Prior to meeting Rick, our DJ process selection was turning out to be one of our most stressful experiences. When we initially spoke to Rick, we found him to be passionate and extremely knowledgeable. It was very clear that he is passionate about music and knows his music. In addition, he is very organized and all communication exchanges were extremely timely. He worked with our day of wedding coordinator as well as our officiant to ensure things would run smoothly. On the actual day of the wedding, he made sure our readers had microphones and all announcements were made timely. He followed our wishes for song selections and suggestions as well as read the crowd really well. He really knows how to get folks on the dancefloor and to keep them jamming on the dancefloor. In addition, he did a really special photo shot of my husband and I behind the DJ booth, which makes for a great memory. DJ Rick is an excellent choice for whatever event you may have as he will deliver. You rock, Rick! Thank you!