Private Weddings and Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Becca
    Becca Married on 08/20/2021

Mindy is the *best* decision we made!

Mindy was invaluable to our wedding and the best decision we made to ensure our wedding was a total success!

We booked Mindy for month of coordination but she was there for us through everything and went so far above and beyond for us in so many ways -- she was there for us through a postponement due to the pandemic, venue hiccups, vendor recommendations, decor choices, and so much more.

Mindy was interwoven throughout every single part of our wedding. She created an impeccable day-of-timeline and shared it with all of our vendors, she read through and had a pulse on all of our vendor contracts, she ran our rehearsal, she didn't blink twice at any last minute changes to our wedding, she shared her wedding decor inventory with us which helped a ton with our budget, she allowed us to ship other decor directly to her which was a huge relief as we were planning our wedding from out of state, she connected us with an incredible videographer who jumped at the opportunity to do another wedding with Mindy, and most importantly she was our biggest confidant and advocate. She truly took away as much of the stress and anxiety from the wedding planning process that she could for us, which was a huge endeavor given my Type A personality! This alone was the biggest gift. She stepped in wherever she could to make sure our wedding was the one of our dreams and delivered on that beyond our wildest expectations.

Vendors LOVE working with Mindy. She has an incredible reputation, a loyal client and vendor base, and the love she has for her job truly shines through. She loves weddings, and she approaches them with real joy and emotion while also being incredibly professional and organized.

She knows what works and what doesn't. Everyone from guests, to parents, to vendors loved her. She was always trying to think of things to do to make the wedding easier for us, from planning months in advance to day-of changes. She did everything big and small, getting us copious amounts of water as we took wedding portraits on our very hot wedding day!

I could go on and on on and on. She feels like a close friend to us now and we are forever grateful for everything she did for us. You need Mindy at your wedding!
  • Allison
    Allison F. Married on 07/24/2021

Wedding MVP! 10/10

If you are thinking of hiring a wedding planner, hire Mindy! If you aren’t thinking of hiring a wedding planner, hire Mindy!

We do not have enough good things to say about working with Mindy for our wedding. She did full planning and coordination for us. She was understanding, patient, knowledgeable, competent, organized, realistic, and dependable. She went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect and a dream come true. Her suggestions were always on point, and she knows how to manage all of the different personalities and priorities that can make planning a wedding such a challenge.

Mindy is someone whom you can trust and whom you can depend on, and she will take care of all the stress and worry so that you can just enjoy!

She is genuinely invested in her couples and making sure that you have the best day ever. Our wedding with Mindy blew away our expectations. We would recommend her to anyone!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline W. Married on 06/19/2021

Everyone loved Mindy

My husband and I chose to marry at a private property on a lake, so it wasn't your average wedding venue. Mindy met us at the venue, and it was clear that Mindy knew the property in and out, and exactly how a wedding would take place there. It was tough to envision how this would work, but we trusted Mindy's confidence.
    We purchased Mindy's "month of" package, and in the 30 days leading up to the wedding she was very responsive, answering all my questions via text and email. I informed her of all the little details I was hoping to incorporate on the wedding day, and she helped me make them all happen, and did an excellent job at filling in all of the missing pieces. She had votives, tape, chalk boards, etc. on deck to fill in the details I may not have thought about. She helped me check the boxes with all of my other vendors, making sure no one missed a beat. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she communicated arrival times and all the details to the rest of the vendors—it was nice to have this taken off my plate in the days leading up to the wedding. When it came time to rehearse, all of my friends commented on Mindy's professionalism and how they just "really liked her." On Wedding day, I met with Mindy for 10 minutes to review her schedule/checklist. After that, she made everything happen, and hardly needed anything from me! (As a bride, it's amazing how un-useful you become on your wedding day lol.) After the ceremony, Mindy and her team were like magical fairies. They would pop in from time to time to give me a sip of a drink, or a bite of a stuffed mushroom, in between photos. At one point, I took a bite of a messy hors d'oeuvres, and Mindy's employee caught it with a napkin, preventing it from getting on my dress—witnesses applauded. Mindy and her team felt like guests at our wedding, rather than robotic vendors. Again, the entire wedding party commented on Mindy's excellence. I would recommend her to anybody!
    Katie Married on 08/10/2019

Mindy is the best!!

Hiring Mindy as our month-of-coordinator was by far and away the best decision my husband and I made in our wedding planning process. The plan we had in mind for our ceremony and reception was extremely complicated and there is a 0% chance we could have pulled it off without Mindy's coordination and advice at every turn. Mindy knows the wedding industry in NH like the back of her hand and could not have guided us more expertly (and kindly) throughout the entire planning process. She introduced us to vendors and helped us navigate the various timelines, contracts and weird quirks that come from throwing a wedding in the woods and on a lake. Leading up to the wedding, she worked with me for hours and hours and hours on what might have been the most complicated day-of-timeline in wedding history, and was available any time of the day by email, text, or conference call for questions, advice or venting sessions. She helped us tackle last minute planning emergencies and brainstorm and collect so many of the day-of-details items that all ended up working together so perfectly. The day of, she flawlessly coordinated with all of our transportation vendors (boats, buses, trolleys, etc.) to somehow keep everything running according to our plan which had left virtually no wiggle room. Everything ran smoothly, despite the fact that the weather didn't fully cooperate and at my insistence we'd stuck with our Plan A. As if she hadn't already gone above and beyond, Mindy also so generously created the most beautiful signature cocktail display as a surprise gift to us at the wedding.

This review is well overdue, but I can't sing Mindy's praises enough. We couldn't have planned our wedding without her help and because of her it was more perfect than we ever could have imagined. Thank you again Mindy!!!
  • Eli
    Eli S. Married on 09/22/2018

Incredible Wedding Planner!

Mindy was absolutely amazing and I could not imagine having a wedding without her. Her style and work speaks for itself, but what it doesn't show is all of her behind the scenes hard work and dedication. She was available 24/7 for whatever we needed and anytime an issue arose, she found a solution. She helped put together an amazing team of vendors and managed them to perfection. Thanks to Mindy, our guests were amazed by the attention to detail and how elegant the entire night was. Everything was flawless from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception. Thank you Mindy! You are the best! - Jenna & Eli
    Lauren B. Married on 09/21/2018

Private Weddings and Events is a Must!!!

This was the second wedding that Mindy and her terrific team coordinated for our family. The first was at our home on a beautiful August day 4 years ago on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee. People are still talking about it to this day. When our second daughter got engaged we knew who to call immediately. Mindy helped plan everything from start to finish. No matter what your style or budget she will help your day be everything you ever hoped or dreamed of. Our second daughter was married this past September and her wedding was equally as awesome. We kept hearing all night that both our daughters weddings were the best they had ever attended. We have one more daughter to go and there is no question who will be one of the first people we will call. She is awesome, professional and I believe that will all of her knowledge and connections she will actually save you money and stress.
    Cheryl Married on 09/02/2018
    As the Mother of the Bride, it is so important to have someone to help with the planning and the logistics, especially since the bride and groom live in Virginia and I live in CT. It took approximately 5 days of having her on board for her to save us money by recommending a different caterer (who was amazing, by the way) and creating a detailed plan and budget with us. She was instrumental in keeping us organized and absolutely indispensable with her knowledge of and connections to vendors in the lakes region. Everything Mindy did for us and with us was absolutely great. The day of coordination was so critical for us to stay on schedule and have someone else worry about the details. She and her staff were worth every penny and we could not have done it without them. We are still hearing from people about what a great wedding it was and some have said it was the best wedding they've ever attended. If you have a vision, Mindy can help make it come true.
    Amy Married on 09/02/2018

Mindy made our wedding happen!

Simply put, our wedding would not have been possible without the never ending efforts of Mindy and her team.

We knew we needed a planner when we decided to plan a long distance wedding that required boat rides for ~135 guests and involved multiple vendors we would never meet in person until the day of. We received a recommendation for Mindy and set up a phone call with her during a long trip in the car. After an hour plus phone discussion (in which she provided a TON of free advice) we knew we had to hire her for her planning and day of coordination services. Our wedding was over 18 months away and we can't begin to tally up the text messages, emails and frantic phone calls we busied Mindy with during that timeframe.

Mindy not only thought of everything but also handled everything. From our end, and according to other friends/guests, everything ran so smoothly. Mindy provided so much thoughtful input on decorations, menu considerations, timing, alcohol, etc. We had the absolute time of our lives and we hate to think how it would have gone without her efforts.

We cannot recommend Mindy enough. If you are planning a wedding in the NH Lakes region, find it in your budget to hire Mindy. This is not just a job for her. This is her life. Words, gifts, and expressions of gratitude cannot properly allow us to show how much she means to us and how much we appreciate her making our weekend possible.

Our only hope now is that others get to experience her efforts and maybe we'll be lucky to attend a wedding that she plans!
    Sarah Married on 09/23/2017
    Mindy is a great wedding planner! We could not have done it without her. As a bride, you have to trust that your planner will not only understand your vision but will complete it as well. I gave her 100% trust and she exceeded my expectations. The day was perfect and working with her over the last several months was easy. She eliminated any stress from planning. I highly recommend her!!
    Allison Married on 08/19/2017
    I worked with Mindy over about 18 months to plan our wedding for August of this year. My parents live locally in the Lakes Region but my husband and I live in California and were only able to come out a few times before the wedding. My approach to planning was to have some opinions but to leave Mindy to work her magic and she did a PHENOMENAL job. There were several huge challenges thrown in the mix, including changing the venue 7 months before the wedding to a new site which hadn't hosted a wedding before. She also helped make sure our catering was TOP NOTCH for the event despite having a subpar tasting event. She clearly knows the Lakes Region wedding scene, and took our limited ideas of what we envisioned for our event and made them come to life in a way that exceeded our expectations and our dreams. She had great recommendations and was also more than willing to work with other new vendors (ex - our band from Boston) to make it all happen.

The day / weekend of the wedding was fantastic because when we arrived into town we got to spend a lot of time enjoying being with family and friends rather than stressing about X, Y, and Z. That was the biggest gift.

Two months later, all my friends and family are still glowing about the wedding. EVERYONE I have talked to has been raving about the wedding, saying it was the most beautiful / fun / incredible wedding they have ever been to.

When we got engaged, we were initially hesitant to have a big traditional wedding and sort of decided to do it more for our family than for us, but Mindy made it easy and stress-free (and FUN!) to plan from across the country - and really an expression of who we are. We wouldn't have done it any other way. It really was one of the best days ever, thanks to Mindy!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 07/13/2017
    You need Mindy on your team!
    I cannot even express how grateful we are that we found Mindy. From our first phone call, Mindy was professional, organized, fun, considerate, and had a clear vision of what we wanted. Not only did she pull together the absolute A-Team for our wedding, she gave us peace of mind throughout the whole planning process.
    We got married July 13, 2017, in my grandparents' backyard on Squam Lake. The stress of a backyard wedding was handled wonderfully by Mindy and when any little hiccup arose, she knew exactly how to handle it so that we didn't have to stress.
    Because my husband (so cool to say that!) and I live in Colorado, we spent the first 7 months of the planning process communicating with Mindy via email, text, and phone. Without even meeting her in person, she completely saw our vision. When we finally met in May, everything truly clicked. She was able to take our wedding from a vision to an absolute dream! Our day would not have been half as beautiful or a seamless without her.
    I'm sad the day is over but I can tell you I will remember it, and Mindy, forever.
    Thank you so much, Mindy, for making our dreams a reality and so much more!
    Tim Married on 07/08/2017
    Mindy was the best decision I've ever made! She was the reason why my wedding day and the whole process weren't stressful at all. She has everything a bride wishes for in a planner. She is prompt, sharp, experienced, thorough, organized, artistically talented and detail oriented. She was a pleasure to work with, and because of her experience and artistic vision, she suggested many things we would have never thought of. On the wedding day, her role shined even more. There was a storm forecast on the day of our outdoor wedding, but she had prepared multiple back up plans. Even before the rain started, she made sure our vendors setup a tent if the rain didn't stop. And, when it did, she had her team wipe the rain off all the chairs that were set up outside of the tent! Because of all this, I was able to be calm and peaceful while I was getting ready, even with an extreme thunder storm hours before our ceremony. Along with her ability to maintain calm and collected in the midst of uncertainty, her artistic vision and talent were exceptional and helped me bring my wedding vision to life! Because of her intuitive design ability, I was able to trust her suggestions. When I first stepped into the venue before the ceremony, I saw decor and a setting that were far beyond my expectations. I could see how much effort and care that she invested to make my dreams come true, and I couldn't hold back my tears. Mindy and Mary from Lotus Flowers were the perfect pair to make my vision a reality! She took care of every little detail. It was stunning and breathtaking. At the end of our day, everything about that day flowed perfectly, and her itinerary was executed to perfection. I can't say thank you enough Mindy, you are truly professional and amazing person and planner. You were there to take all the pressure and stress off my shoulders and help me make the right decisions. I highly recommend Mindy without a shadow of a doubt!
    Jaclyn Married on 07/08/2017
    Mindy started as our wedding planner but became our friend!!! Private Weddings and Events MADE my entire wedding. She executed every idea that I suggested in ways that I couldn't even imagine. Everything went off without a hitch, and I worked with her for over a year and a half to make my dreams become a reality. She was worth EVERY. SINGLE. PENNY. For any of you wondering whether or not a wedding planner is worth it, IT IS. Especially, MINDY! She went above and beyond in more ways that one, and we will forever be grateful to her for making our wedding the BEST day of our lives!
    Samantha Married on 06/24/2017
    Our wedding would not have been what it was without Mindy and Private Weddings & Events. Our venue was entirely DIY so we contracted the ‘Month of coordination’ & ‘day of coordination’ services.
    Her planning knowledge, resourcefulness & design skills took our budget & helped us create something that looked like we spent 3x what we did. I (the bride) am a self-proclaimed project queen, but there were questions to ask vendors, tips, & wedding tricks that only someone with Mindy’s experience knows.
    Month of Coordination Planning: Mindy was so easy to work with. Prompt replies & consistent follow up helped me to stay on track throughout. She is so easy to communicate with (phone/email/ text) & always approached my ideas with enthusiasm or kind suggestions. She truly embraced our vision and amplified it into what looked like a wedding editorial.
    Day-Of: Mindy & her assistant Ashley are basically magic wedding gurus orchestrating your day. I can’t truly express the value of having them there. From answering questions, directing vendors, directing guests, keeping us on schedule (the list goes on) and all in a way that makes you feel like you’ve known them forever.
    If you have a DIY venue or want to guarantee that your wedding day will be flawless, I cannot assure you enough that hiring Mindy & Private Weddings & Events will be the smartest choice you make. My family & I recommend her with the highest esteem.
    Nicole Married on 08/20/2016
    Mindy was by the far the best decision we made during this whole wedding planning process. She made sure I didn't forget anything. My JP cancelled on me 3 weeks before the wedding and she found me a new one within 24 hours of the cancellation all while she was at another wedding! She was patient and understanding with all parties involved in the wedding and on the day of the wedding people could't stop talking about all of the amazing work she put into it, how good everything looked, and how smoothly the whole day went. I truly believe we would not have had the amazing wedding that we had if it were't for Mindy and all of her hard work.

• User2027014 2+ years ago
    Mindy helped my Fiance and I navigate the stressful process of picking a venue in the lakes region. She always responded to us within hours and was able to answer my many questions with ease. She has so much knowledge about all of the different options around the lake and she is fantastic about keeping things not only within price range, but also true to the couple. Moreover, she is FUN to work with and so kind - exactly what a couple needs during the process of wedding planning! She's great!!
    Melanie Married on 08/06/2016
    Since our daughter's wedding Aug. 6, 2016, I have heard many times from various guests how impressed they were with Mindy. They noticed that she didn’t make it about her, she stayed in the background, and yet she gave guidance here and a notification there that kept everything running smoothly. The day went completely perfectly, at a comfortable pace, and everyone had a great time. We couldn't thank her enough for her skill, combined with a cheerful demeanor throughout.
    Rory Married on 07/09/2016
    If you are reading this review and considering employing Mindy and her team, you will be overjoyed by doing so.
    I rarely leave reviews but feel that I have to in this instance.
    Mindy went beyond her remit to ensure our wedding day was fabulous, memorable and delightful for all.
    She took so much stress and worry off our shoulders and reassured us at every turn.
    Thank you Mindy, we love you so much xxx
    Megan Married on 06/25/2016
    I cannot say enough about Mindy, she helped me through the entire wedding planning process. She was a dream to work with. Throughout the process, she offered a ton of great suggestions but always left the decision up to me. She would send multiple vendor quotes and would also call to explain everything, once I made the decision, she would take it from there. A vendor even tried to over charge me at the last min and she took care of it, I didn’t even need to be involved. She is extremely organized and on top of every aspect of the wedding. She kept me organized, sending me reminders for payments and itineraries for the day of. She is an amazing designer as well, I showed her an inspiration picture and she made it all come to life. She arranged my flowers for the entire wedding and it was stunning, everything I wanted but better. Best part is she helped me stay in budget, would always offer suggestions on how to cut budget.

My wedding was not at a traditional wedding venue, we needed to rent everything, bathrooms, tables, chairs, plates, silverware….literally everything. She was onsite making sure deliveries were on time and everything was set up how we discussed, 10 hours plus hours a day for two days. I stopped by the venue multiple times and she was always there. The day of was a dream come true, to my knowledge everything went smoothly; I am sure it didn’t however I didn’t know about it and was able to enjoy every min of the day. She made sure that we were where we needed to be at important times, toasts, cake cutting etc. She and her assistant worked so hard to make my wedding perfect and I can honestly say it was my perfect day. If I ever have an event to plan again I will work with Mindy, she is amazing. Working with Mindy and her team worth every penny and more. If I could give her 10 stars I would.
    Catherine Married on 06/18/2016
    Mindy is *the* person you want in your corner on your wedding day, and all the days leading up to it!! We cannot speak highly enough of her, of her abilities, of her attention to detail, of her design, of her EVERYTHING. She made our wedding a dream. When we first met with her, my now husband remarked on how he had never seen me willing to hand over the reins to someone like I was with her. From our first calls (our wedding was planned from afar) her energy was *everything*. Whatever it was, she exuded the 'I've got this' energy a Type-A personality wants. Because of her, our wedding weekend was a wonderful, wild, joyful, ride of everything a wedding should be. And we didn't have to worry about a single thing. She did the floral, the design, the coordination, I don't even know what she did, but when we walked into the reception hall, down that aisle, it was gorgeous, it was beautiful, it was everything. So filled with gratitude that Mindy was a part of our day and could not, would not, recommend that any bride and groom go with out her. She is an absolute rockstar. If you are thinking of your New Hampshire/Lakes Region wedding and wondering if it's worth it to have a wedding planner or coordinator, IT IS. You will leave your wedding weekend feeling like you didn't begin to compensate her nearly enough. It's the difference between *enjoying* your beautiful moment and stressing through all of it. Thank Mindy. You are such a light and a gift to every couple lucky enough to have you. XOXO, Catherine & Ryan
  • User2328009 2+ years ago
    Engaging Private Weddings and Events as our wedding planner was the best decision we made and the greatest value of the overall wedding expense. Mindy Rossignol listened carefully to the thoughts and ideas of the bride and groom and enthusiastically transformed their concepts into reality with true vision and creativity. She recommended vendors that worked seamlessly together and were the perfect choices for us both in terms of services and personality. She conveyed themes and ideas to the vendors that resulted in a wedding and reception that was nothing short of magical. From a project management perspective Mindy was proactive and organized leading all the planning and vendor managing tasks with a professional, calm demeanor and total flexibility when needed to accommodate last minute changes. She saved us endless sleepless nights with her attention to every last detail and her support on the day of the event was like a well oiled machine. We can't say enough about the quality of services but more importantly it was a total pleasure working with Weddings and Events. We would give them our highest recommendation.
  • User2333343 2+ years ago
    The services we received from Mindy Rossignol and Private Weddings and Events exceeded all expectations. From planning to execution, every detail was considered and addressed. We have received thank you se from so many guests noting that the entire wedding was so lovely and personal from the carefully planned ceremony to the fabulous and fun reception. It was an event for the record books and was thanks to Mindy for her tireless efforts and creative talent. She made the task of mangling this important event a pleasure. Her relationships with top notch vendors ensured all services were of the same top quality. We would recommend Private Weddings and Events to anyone planning a wedding or other important event.
  • Alli
    Alli Married on 09/12/2015
    This company helped plan my sister's wedding at a private home on Squam Lake. Mindy was our wedding planner and she was AWESOME! Having a wedding at a private residence meant we needed a lot of help! We had no idea where to start but Mindy assisted with recommending great vendors and gave us all the information we needed and things to think about. Over the wedding weekend Mindy ensured everything would be taken care of. Last minute things we forgot about or had overlooked, Mindy responded with: "No worries, I will bring that" She coordinated with all the vendors, set up the ceremony site and site and it was all breathtaking. When my sister went down for a first look at her reception, she had tears in her eyes and a smile that never left her face. With Mindy all of the stress of the wedding day was taken care of and we were able to relax and enjoy the day to its fullest. I highly recommend this passionate and hard working company. They truly care about making your wedding day as perfect as you could ever dream of and more.
    Amy Married on 09/12/2015
    It's difficult to even know where to begin when talking about Mindy. My experience with her was one that has left a lasting impact on my life. As someone who suffers from a chronic, terminal illness, a wedding day was not some I was ever sure I'd get to have. So when the time finally came to start planning, I was overwhelmed and lost.

But then, I met the most inspiring, hardworking, and passionate woman I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Mindy's personality is so calming and fun to be around it never felt like "work" or "a process". She simply made it fun. Getting married on private property meant that we needed to make sure every detail was lined up including electricity, a tent, bathrooms, and even a golf cart. Mindy took care of all of these things that I, myself, never would have even considered.

Throughout the many months that I worked with Mindy, she offered encouragement and honest opinions. She was quick to notice if I was unsure about something, and always willing to provide her insight from her past weddings. She took my request of "a fairy garden wedding" and blew me away with all the intricate details she provided and created. I'd never seen anything so magical in my entire life, and it never would have been possible without Mindy.

If there is one thing that couples should know about Mindy it is this: she is so much more than a wedding planner. While she has an extensive list of skills, it will be her personality and friendship that stick with you the most. She will remain a party of my life, and my family forever. Mindy gives her whole heart to each wedding. These words will never truly do her justice, but I am eternally grateful to have gotten to work with her.

Mindy, thank you for...you!!! You truly are a wonder.
    Adrienne Married on 09/06/2015
    Mindy is absolutely incredible to work with. Her experience, creativity, dedication & passion for what she does make her an invaluable asset throughout the wedding planning process. Her infectious enthusiam won us over right from the start!! During our first conversation with Mindy, she spent a lot of time getting to know us as a couple & exactly what our vision for our wedding was. She worked really hard to find us a venue that hit everything on our wish list, which was no easy feat. Mindy came through with a venue that proved to be better than we could have ever imagined. Mindy is so easy to work with & goes above and beyond to ensure that the weeks before the wedding are as stress free as possible. She often asked about details that we hadn't thought of, communicated with our vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page, & was available and responded in a timely manner to all my emails, questions & concerns. During the wedding day she was amazing, allowing us to relax and really enjoy our day while she handled all of the set-up, vendor coordination & guest shuffling. Mindy has a great reputation with a lot of the local vendors & many of our vendors commmented that they had wonderfu experiences working with her in the past. Both of our families raved about Mindy, she fit in like family. My favorite thing about working with Mindy is that she is extremely passionate about what she does & you can hear her true appreciation for love in every word she speaks & suggestion she gives - she is a hopeless romantic at heart!! Mindy truly strives to make every detail perfect in order to give you the wedding of your dreams. Her creativitey knows no bounds. Our wedding was so much better than we ever dreamed and a lot of that had to do with Mindy. Our families are still talking about our wedding, how much fun it was & what an awesome time they had. We truly can not thank Mindy enough for all she did to give us a wedding that exceeded our dreams!