Pretty On Arrival Reviews

28 | Philadelphia, PA

28 Reviews for Pretty On Arrival

28 Pretty On Arrival Reviews

Jessie · Married on 08/24/2018

Marissa was a dream come true! I loved her work for myself ( the bride) and all my bridal party girls. I didn’t have time to do a trial with her before my wedding , and she was spot on with the look I was going for ( even better than what I could have ever imagined- My hair actually turned out better than the picture I showed her!) She made me feel like princess on my wedding day.

Chelsea · Married on 07/22/2018

Marissa and Staci were the best! Marissa was so responsive and professional from the very first email. She understood the vibe of the wedding and even when I threw a couple last-minute tweaks to my look the day of, she was receptive and brought up a pic to ensure we were talking about the same thing. She and Staci got all of us done on time and we all looked so. fab. Couldn't have been happier with POA!

Pretty On Arrival 1
    Pretty On Arrival 2

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2018

Marissa was amazing!! My bridesmaids and I cannot say enough nice things about how great she was. She is extremely friendly and easy to get along with, and has a real talent for beauty. She took all of the Pinterest photos we showed her and made them even better, customizing them for each person. I highly recommend using Pretty on Arrival!!

• User6026858 · Recently married

Marissa was AMAZING to work with! She helped me find a wedding day look that felt like me but more polished- I was so happy with the results- both my hair and makeup were fantastic and stayed all night! She also worked with all of my bridesmaids as well as some family and everyone was really happy with the results!

Phanann · Married on 05/04/2018

I loved working with Marissa for my wedding day! She was super responsive from first contact and super flexible when I had to keep changing around my hair and makeup trial session. On the big day, she showed up right on time and made me feel like a true bride. It was very humid (90 degrees) on my wedding day and my updo and makeup stayed intact during my outdoor ceremony and reception. Go book her asap! Worth every penny!

• Y

Yayi · Married on 04/28/2018

Marissa was very responsive and very easy to work with (something I very much appreciate when you have to deal with 10 different vendors). She showed up on time, did exactly what we discussed and most importantly, both me and my husband loved my makeup. Highly recommend!

Emma · Married on 02/17/2018

Marissa was the BEST choice I could've made for hair/makeup for my wedding. She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup, listened to what I wanted, and it turned out perfectly. She also did makeup for all my bridesmaids, which was beautiful. She is impressively fast, too, and stayed perfectly on schedule, which was really important to me day of. I would easily recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Megan · Married on 11/18/2017

Marissa did such a wonderful job on my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup! I knew right after my trial that Marissa would be perfect for my wedding day - she was on time, so organized and fun. It felt like I was getting ready with a friend! She is also incredibly talented at what she does - my hair (very thin and fine) had volume, which is a miracle, and my makeup looked great and stayed put all day and night (even my red lip!), despite the not-so-great wedding day weather. Thank you so much, Marissa!

Jada · Married on 11/04/2017

Marissa was a dream to work with for my wedding: she responded to my emails ASAP, allowed me to have another hair trial (after I had a mid-planning crisis), showed up to my bridal suite 15 minutes early, etc. I had my mother, MIL and two MOHs who got done up - Marissa was able to get everyone done within our scheduled timeline. The five of us received endless compliments regarding our HMU. I highly recommend using Pretty On Arrival for your special day.

• Alli

Alli · Married on 10/21/2017

Not only is Marissa extremely talented and professional, she is just awesome to be around, which makes a huge difference the morning of. She put everyone at ease and got along perfectly with my bridal party... and she was so efficient and stayed on schedule perfectly! The trial was so helpful and Marissa took detailed notes about any changes to be made. My bridal hair and makeup could not have been more perfect, and it lasted all night long, as did my bridesmaids' and MOB/MOG. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Pretty On Arrival 3
    Pretty On Arrival 4

Kerry · Married on 09/09/2017

Marissa was fantastic to work with from the first time I reached out to her all the way up through my wedding day! During my trial she really listened to me and was also willing to try a few different looks at that time. On my wedding day she arrived early with two other girls. Marissa handled hair for 8 bridesmaids + hair and makeup for myself on my wedding day. Let me tell you, everyone looked amazing! My only complaint is that she did allow one of the stylists to fall about an hour behind schedule. Marissa helped make up for the time and we only ended up being ~20 minutes behind schedule, but every second counts on that day. Regardless, I would highly recommend Marissa. My hair and makeup lasted all day and she was so fun to have around the morning of the wedding, she fit right in with my friends! I highly recommend Marissa and my only recommendation is to work out a schedule with her in advance and have her review it with stylists if she brings others.

Pretty On Arrival 5
    Pretty On Arrival 6
    Pretty On Arrival 7
    Pretty On Arrival 8
    Pretty On Arrival 9
    Pretty On Arrival 10
    Pretty On Arrival 11

Julienne · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with Marissa and Shelly was an absolute pleasure. They did a phenomenal job on all of our hair and makeup. Me, 5 bridesmaids, and my mom (who Marissa did literally, last minute, because my mom wasn't happy with the services she received elsewhere). Everybody was happy!! Besides being skilled, Marissa is also very sweet and has a good sense of humor. It was great to have her around on my special day! She also traveled quite a bit to get to us, showed up on time, and finished on time, which becomes important with all those wedding logistics. Great communicator too, unlike me! Thanks Marissa, you're the best!!

Pretty On Arrival 12
    Pretty On Arrival 18
    Pretty On Arrival 19
    Pretty On Arrival 20

K · Married on 08/26/2017

Marissa is the best! She made me look amazing on my big day. She knew exactly the look I wanted! My picky bridal party were all very happy with their hair and make up which was a miracle! I would highly recommend using Marissa for your big day!

Pretty On Arrival 21

Lauren · Married on 07/23/2017

Marissa was awesome to work with!! She replied to all of my emails, usually in less than a day. When planning a wedding good communication is key, and Marissa was the best at getting back to me and answering my questions. As far as the hair and make up, my bridal party and me looked stunning on my wedding day thanks to Marissa. I was a little nervous having Marissa do 4 girls hair and make up without any help, but she stuck to her timeline and had us all looking beautiful with time to spare. If I had to do it all over again, there is no doubt I would go with Marissa!

monica · Married on 07/22/2017

I LOVED working with Marissa. She does amazing hair AND makeup! She listened to what I wanted, made changes when I asked, and was so easy to talk to! I even had a moment of panic during the morning as I was getting ready for my own wedding, and Marissa was the one to help me relax. I will absolutely be recommending her to all of my friends for any weddings or events they have coming up.

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 07/15/2017

Marissa made me glow on my wedding day! When I went for my makeup trial, I brought a photo of the look I was going for, and she replicated it perfectly. I usually don't wear a lot of makeup, and she made me feel natural and beautiful. She understood the vibe of my wedding right away. I was really nervous about my makeup running/smudging because of the heat (I had an outdoor wedding in July) but at the end of the night, it still looked flawless. Marissa made the whole process so easy, and was really responsive to all of my questions. Her prices are reasonable and best of all, she is a really nice person!

Anne · Married on 07/01/2017

Working with Marissa was fabulous! She's extremely personable and talented. During my trial it was great working together to figure out exactly what I wanted. On the day of, I could not have been happier with my hair and makeup! Thank you so much for helping to make my day perfect!

Hallie · Married on 06/16/2017

Marissa was so incredible and I would recommend Pretty On Arrival to all brides! My hair and make up was better than I could have imagined and the airbrush lasted through a hot muggy day! She was very professional but also easy going and we had so much fun together. She always responded to emails and questions really quickly, which not all my vendors did! Thanks so much Marissa!!

Brandy · Married on 06/10/2017

I can't say enough about Marissa. From the consultation to my big day, she was AMAZING to work with. I felt comfortable with her right away. Her follow up was stellar. She stayed in communication with me through the entire process. All of my girls were incredibly happy with both their hair and makeup. My makeup DID NOT BUDGE the entire night. She is fantastic. Book her :)

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Pretty On Arrival 22
    Pretty On Arrival 23

Pretty On Arrival's reply:

Brandy thank you so much for choosing Pretty On Arrival! Loved being apart of your wedding day :)!

Heidi · Married on 06/03/2017

Marissa is awesome. She did my hair trial the morning of my shower and came to my house for it... it was like hanging out with a friend! I showed her a few pics I had saved and also described the look I wanted and she put it together flawlessly... even hand-making a hair decoration on the spot out of things I had with me. I didn't have her do my makeup because I've never had a good experience with having my makeup done (huge understatement) but after seeing how lovely my bridesmaids were turning out I almost changed my mind at the last minute! Everyone looked beautiful! Word to the wise: my wedding was outside on a breezy day which didn't bode well with my whispy boho hairdo... (not Marissa's fault at all!) But girls, if your wedding is also outside, don't forget to consider the wind when making your hair selection!!

Aimee · Married on 05/06/2017

Marissa was absolutely amazing!!! We had booked a different hair stylist a year ago but 3 months before the wedding she had to cancel because she was moving!! I went into stress overload thinking I wouldn't find someone. Little did I know- Marissa made it so easy and made my stress melt away because she was very quick to respond and answered all my questions! She's so easy to work with and makes you feel like you've known each other for a long time! She does amazing work! Everyone asked where I found my hair stylist- and I told them wedding wire. They all said I lucked out because she was phenomenal!!! Absolutely would recommend her!!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Pretty On Arrival's reply:

Thank you soso much Aimee for your sweet words! So glad I was able to be apart of your day & help with the stress! Congrats :)!

Meghan · Married on 11/05/2016

I was very happy with the services from pretty on arrival. My only critique is to find a makeup to better cover acne, as the airbrushing did not really do the trick!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Pretty On Arrival's reply:

Thanks so much Meghan! So sorry the airbrush didn't do the trick, I’m always looking into better products for acne coverage & appreciate your honesty!

Mariya · Married on 10/30/2016

Marissa created the most beautiful make up and hair looks for me! She is truly a master at her craft! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for wedding day hair / make up!!!! She is prompt in email responses, offers great customer service and is just a lovely person to work with!!

K · Married on 09/24/2016

Super easy to work with and unlike so many vendors - got back to me in a timely manner! Our makeup stayed on all night and even in the morning for those of us too lazy to wash it off.. She was able to work with 5 girls for hair and even add two extra makeup appointments the day of. It was wonderful. She had to show herself out since we were running late and took it so easily. Thank you!