Pretty On Arrival Reviews

Pretty On Arrival 7
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 08/25/2019

Bomb diggity

I was a fairly picky bride and loved loved loved working with Marissa and Staci. They did a great job and exceeded my expectations. Marissa is very responsive and will work with you until you are happy with the results. I wanted to switch up my hairstyle on the day of and she knew exactly what to do. She is quick and knows what she is doing and is very flexible. She finished earlier than expected and was even able to fit in my SIL who decided she wanted her hair done after seeing everyone else's results! If you're on the fence, JUST DO IT. Would recommend her all day and will probably bug her again if I have another event in Philly.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2019

AMAZING hair and makeup

Marissa did my hair and makeup for my wedding in August and I was obsessed with it! She tailored my look to fit exactly what I was looking for. I’m so glad I found her and would 100% recommend!!!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Noel

Noel Clarke · Married on 07/05/2019

The best hair stylist!

Marissa did my hair and my bridesmaids and executed my vision perfectly! I wanted soft waves and wanted a natural hair style where it didn’t look over done. Marissa not only did my hair gorgeously but nailed all of my bridesmaids. Thank you so so much!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Ellen · Married on 05/25/2019

Marissa is Fantastic!

We enjoyed working with Marissa from the initial email. She is very personable and responds quickly. During the hair and makeup trial, Marissa asked a few questions and easily created the look I wanted. She made me feel comfortable which was great because I am very self-conscious about my hair. She did awesome work the day of the wedding with all my bridesmaids as well. She was punctual and flexible when we had to shift the schedule around.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Molly · Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible

Marissa was amazing to work with! She made everyone feel extremely comfortable and did an incredible job. I had a large number of people getting hair and makeup done so she made sure to bring someone who matched her caliber. Thank you Staci! Everyone felt beautiful and confident. We had the best day ever. She was even able to do my 3 nieces hair. They loved it! I would highly recommend Marissa!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Pretty On Arrival 11
  • Katie

Katie Fitzwater · Married on 02/08/2019

Life saver!!!

If you don't read the entire review just know this - Marissa is by far the best makeup and hair artist in the area especially for Brides! She saved my wedding.

I had a small wedding - 50 guests, family only. I figured I would go to my regular salon and get my hair and makeup done for my wedding. WRONG. I had my trial, makeup was horrible. Hair was ok - nothing to be wowed about. My regular hair artist told me she knew someone to do makeup and it would be fine. Day of my bridal shower, I used her makeup artist. Again, horrible. I was looking for a light, yet good coverage bridal makeup. Not extreme coverage glam. And no one seemed to comprehend that -- except Marissa. I found PrettyOnArrival through my wedding photographer. I emailed her 2 WEEKS before my wedding and asked if she could help me out. Her photos portrayed natural bridal makeup which was everything I was looking for. She fit me in for a trial and I was blown away! Not only does she prep the skin before putting on the makeup but she also creates palettes specifically for you! I loved that. Everything matched my skin tone perfectly. A week or so before my wedding, I felt the need to change my hair style as well since I wasn't wowed with my 1st hair trial from a different hair artist. I emailed Marissa and again she was so accommodating and helpful. I put all of my trust in her to do my hair on my wedding day with no trial and she just amazed me and my entire family. As I said above the makeup was perfection but the hair... HOLY COW. I just can't get over it. I felt like such a beautiful bride. And I was so happy that I switched to Marissa for my hair and makeup. You literally will NOT be disappointed if you chose her for your wedding. She even did my Mom's makeup who is 64 years old and wears NO makeup ever. She loved Marissa's work as well. She felt natural yet beautiful for photos. I cannot say enough good things about Marissa. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Pretty On Arrival 16
    Pretty On Arrival 17

Valerie · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly recommend!

Marissa was so great to work with and her and her team did a great job on hair and makeup for me and my bridal party! From my initial inquiry she was prompt and provided all necessary information. She really listened to me and worked with me to get the look I anted for my wedding. Everyone in my bridal party loved their hair and makeup! I highly recommend Marissa and her team!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • caitlin

caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding GLAM!!!

Marissa was truly amazing. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. She listened to all my ideas and pulled them all together for myself and my 5 bridesmaids. Everyone looked so amazing. She also is impeccable with time management and had us all done on time if not early. It was so great working with her. I got so many compliments on my wedding day look

Sent on 11/05/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

Marisa and her team did a lovely job with our hair and make-up! She made me and my bridesmaids look amazing! She listened to what I wanted style-wise and was flexible when I changed up the hair last minute...and she was great when my mom was being difficult.

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Pretty On Arrival 18
    Pretty On Arrival 19

Ashleigh Hovermale · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing!!!

I had the most wonderful experience with Marissa! She’s great at what she does and sweet as can be, too. My hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted and held up throughout the day and night.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Marissa · Married on 09/29/2018

The Absolute Best!!!

Marissa came highly recommended and I was so happy she was available for my wedding date! She was very professional from our first email exchange up until my wedding day. After my trial (and many days of planning) I decided that I wanted to go a little bolder with my look. I let Marissa know and she made it happen the day of! Marissa worked her magic and did a phenomenal job! I absolutely loved my makeup and hair. I felt confident, beautiful, and at ease throughout the whole day. I could not be more grateful! My girls looked beautiful and were so happy as well. I highly recommend Marissa and her team. They are the best!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jessie · Married on 08/24/2018

Marissa was a dream come true! I loved her work for myself ( the bride) and all my bridal party girls. I didn’t have time to do a trial with her before my wedding , and she was spot on with the look I was going for ( even better than what I could have ever imagined- My hair actually turned out better than the picture I showed her!) She made me feel like princess on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/22/2018

Marissa and Staci were the best! Marissa was so responsive and professional from the very first email. She understood the vibe of the wedding and even when I threw a couple last-minute tweaks to my look the day of, she was receptive and brought up a pic to ensure we were talking about the same thing. She and Staci got all of us done on time and we all looked so. fab. Couldn't have been happier with POA!

Sent on 08/25/2018
    Pretty On Arrival 20
    Pretty On Arrival 21

Allie · Married on 07/03/2018

Natural Makeup

Marissa did my hair and makeup for my wedding! It was so natural and the quality of the makeup lasted all night! Airbrush was incredible. Aside from her expertise, Marissa is the kindest, super communicative, and she was willing to listen to all of my requests. Wonderful job and pricing.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2018

Marissa was amazing!! My bridesmaids and I cannot say enough nice things about how great she was. She is extremely friendly and easy to get along with, and has a real talent for beauty. She took all of the Pinterest photos we showed her and made them even better, customizing them for each person. I highly recommend using Pretty on Arrival!!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • User6026858 · 1+ year ago

Marissa was AMAZING to work with! She helped me find a wedding day look that felt like me but more polished- I was so happy with the results- both my hair and makeup were fantastic and stayed all night! She also worked with all of my bridesmaids as well as some family and everyone was really happy with the results!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Phanann · Married on 05/04/2018

I loved working with Marissa for my wedding day! She was super responsive from first contact and super flexible when I had to keep changing around my hair and makeup trial session. On the big day, she showed up right on time and made me feel like a true bride. It was very humid (90 degrees) on my wedding day and my updo and makeup stayed intact during my outdoor ceremony and reception. Go book her asap! Worth every penny!

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • Y

Yayi · Married on 04/28/2018

Marissa was very responsive and very easy to work with (something I very much appreciate when you have to deal with 10 different vendors). She showed up on time, did exactly what we discussed and most importantly, both me and my husband loved my makeup. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/18/2018

melissa · Married on 04/21/2018

I had the most amazing experience with Marissa and Pretty on Arrival! She was so accommodating and took everything I said and showed her into consideration to create the most beautiful bridal hair and makeup. She put me at ease both at my trial and on my wedding day - she is incredibly friendly and easy to talk to! I felt so incredibly beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Marissa. Also, my bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law couldn't stop raving about how much they loved their hair and makeup, too! I'd recommend Pretty on Arrival without hesitation!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Pretty On Arrival's reply:

Melissa! Thank you soso much for your kind words - so happy to hear you had a great experience with us :)!!!!

Emma · Married on 02/17/2018

Marissa was the BEST choice I could've made for hair/makeup for my wedding. She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup, listened to what I wanted, and it turned out perfectly. She also did makeup for all my bridesmaids, which was beautiful. She is impressively fast, too, and stayed perfectly on schedule, which was really important to me day of. I would easily recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Megan · Married on 11/18/2017

Marissa did such a wonderful job on my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup! I knew right after my trial that Marissa would be perfect for my wedding day - she was on time, so organized and fun. It felt like I was getting ready with a friend! She is also incredibly talented at what she does - my hair (very thin and fine) had volume, which is a miracle, and my makeup looked great and stayed put all day and night (even my red lip!), despite the not-so-great wedding day weather. Thank you so much, Marissa!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Jada · Married on 11/04/2017

Marissa was a dream to work with for my wedding: she responded to my emails ASAP, allowed me to have another hair trial (after I had a mid-planning crisis), showed up to my bridal suite 15 minutes early, etc. I had my mother, MIL and two MOHs who got done up - Marissa was able to get everyone done within our scheduled timeline. The five of us received endless compliments regarding our HMU. I highly recommend using Pretty On Arrival for your special day.

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • Alli

Alli · Married on 10/21/2017

Not only is Marissa extremely talented and professional, she is just awesome to be around, which makes a huge difference the morning of. She put everyone at ease and got along perfectly with my bridal party... and she was so efficient and stayed on schedule perfectly! The trial was so helpful and Marissa took detailed notes about any changes to be made. My bridal hair and makeup could not have been more perfect, and it lasted all night long, as did my bridesmaids' and MOB/MOG. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Pretty On Arrival 22
    Pretty On Arrival 23

Kerry · Married on 09/09/2017

Marissa was fantastic to work with from the first time I reached out to her all the way up through my wedding day! During my trial she really listened to me and was also willing to try a few different looks at that time. On my wedding day she arrived early with two other girls. Marissa handled hair for 8 bridesmaids + hair and makeup for myself on my wedding day. Let me tell you, everyone looked amazing! My only complaint is that she did allow one of the stylists to fall about an hour behind schedule. Marissa helped make up for the time and we only ended up being ~20 minutes behind schedule, but every second counts on that day. Regardless, I would highly recommend Marissa. My hair and makeup lasted all day and she was so fun to have around the morning of the wedding, she fit right in with my friends! I highly recommend Marissa and my only recommendation is to work out a schedule with her in advance and have her review it with stylists if she brings others.

Sent on 01/05/2018