Preoccupied Bride Reviews

Preoccupied Bride 1
  • Jessica

Jessica Gould · Married on 09/21/2019

Hire Preoccupied Bride!

Hiring Maya (Preoccupied Bride) was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process! When I initially started planning, I didn't think I was "the type of person who would hire a wedding planner". I wanted a small, grounded, sane, budget friendly wedding. However, I don't like party planning. Enter Maya. I spoke with a few different planners, and she was by far the most calm, grounded, real person I spoke with. When my anxiety would rise, Maya would promptly answer my emails and help me to calmly execute my vision. Having her take over communication with our vendors during the last month before the wedding was a life saver. She really did allow me to enjoy my day so much more than if my fiancé and I would have done it all on our own. She even went above and beyond to help us with a task that another vendor wanted to charge us several hundred dollars for. Our day went so smoothly--thanks Maya!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Emma

Emma Chrystal · Married on 07/09/2019

Execution Queen!

I was recommended Maya (Preoccupied Bride) by a friend and I am so glad we made the decision to book her as our Day of Coordinator. Maya did an amazing job listening to our vision and executing the wedding of our dreams. She is extremely organized and detailed. She really allows you to be hands-off with all the minute details with your vendors in the final weeks leading up to your wedding, which is beyond helpful. She is also honest and will be upfront with you about your ideas, which I truly appreciated planning such a big event. Maya gave such a sense of calmness heading into our wedding weekend knowing that she was in charge. We can’t thank or recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Preoccupied Bride 2
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/06/2019

150% pleased with Preoccupied Bride!

I hired Maya to be the Day-of Coordinator at my Evanston wedding. Something on her website really resonated with me - that weddings are about the big picture of marrying the love of your life and not to get wrapped up in the details. This fit my philosophy perfectly. I'm an event planner myself, so I KNOW how much work goes into making an event appear seamless. Maya not only nailed every detail (really, she did - she also bailed me out of having forgotten a detail or 2 myself), she did it with such grace and good humor. She also comforted me when I had doubts that my wedding wasn't going to be to everyone's taste. I lucked out in hiring Maya - my husband and I had a wonderful, stressfree wedding day, and I made a new friend. Thank you, Maya and Andrew! You do fabulous work.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Purvi Mody · Married on 06/15/2019

Planned to perfection!

Maya (Preoccupied Bride) is a must-have for any wedding! We had a mutli-day, multi-event Hindu wedding and Maya and her team were behind the scenes ninjas who managed 15+ vendors and 300+ guests across two different venues. She is the epitome of calm and handles anything you throw at her. She is the only person who enjoys lists and timelines more than me and will keep everyone and everything moving smoothly. We danced the night away (both nights) because Maya handled all the logistics and vendors so we were never pulled away from the dance floor. She is 100% the reason my husband and I had a stress-free wedding.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Tiffany · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Decision I made!

Hiring Maya (Preoccupied Bride) as our day of coordinator was the best decision my husband and I made during our wedding planning process. At first we were hesitant as we weren't sure that a Day of Coordinator was a necessary expense when we were already spending so much on our wedding, but I sure am glad we hired her!! Maya saved me hours/days of work leading up to the wedding by coordinating & confirming all the day of details with my vendors. She produced an amazing day of timeline for me that allowed me to easily communicate all details to the bridal party. Then she and her assistants made sure the day of my wedding was executed flawlessly. My wedding day was 100% stress free thanks to Maya! Not only did her and her team do an amazing job but she is a pleasure to work with. She's calm and has such a kind, friendly attitude. I can't thank Maya and her team enough for ensuring my wedding day was perfect!!!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Amy · Married on 06/23/2018

We hired Maya with a little more then 3-4 months to go. I am highly organized myself but I also knew that I would not be able to relax the week leading up to and on the day of the wedding if I could not hand things over to someone else. Since I am highly organized my standards are very high and Maya not only met but exceeded them. I was allowed to completely let go and enjoy the few days leading up to wedding and the day of the wedding knowing we were in great hands! The day ran perfectly and Maya was a fun and calming presence to be around on our special day. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Sonia · Married on 05/11/2018

Hiring Maya as my wedding planner was the best decision I made in the entire planning process! I initially hired her for consulting hours, and she provided a ton of support. Since she was so helpful, I decided to book her month of coordination as well. She is extremely organized, down to earth, and easy to work with. As you know, wedding planning can be a stressful process, and it's great to have someone like Maya on your side. Thank you Maya for making our wedding an amazing day. We appreciate it so much!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Debbie · Married on 03/24/2018

Preoccupied Bride planned my 10 year wedding anniversary party in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in March and did an amazing job! Preoccupied Bride researched hotels in the area, corresponded with the hotel we selected to plan the party, and seamlessly handled the planning and details of the party and hotel rooms. I would recommend Preoccupied Bride to anyone looking for event planning services.

Sent on 05/23/2018

lisa · Married on 03/03/2018

Maya was really easy to work with, very professional, and my wedding day went perfectly. She gently kept me on track handling details and magically showed up the day of the wedding every time I had a question or needed her. I used her for vendor recommendations and to be present the day of the event. I was hesitant to hire a planner, but in hindsight it was the best money I spent...total peace of mind! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Maria · Married on 10/07/2017

Maya was an absolute blessing. From our first meeting onward, she was a true professional. She asked us all of the right questions to understand our vision, needs and dreams and executed seamlessly. We were looking for a self-starter who would be comfortable on their own - running the show and making decisions and she was the epitome of that! She was ahead of the game, organized, offered advice when appropriate and was kind and calm the entire time. If you are looking for the best person to be the manager of what will be your favorite day ever, Maya is your go to. No questions asked.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 08/12/2017

When you work with Maya, it feels as though you are getting more than just a wedding coordinator—it feels like you’re getting the help of a caring friend! You can tell that Maya genuinely wants your day to be as perfect as possible and that is what makes her stand out. She has a strong big picture vision and can help all those little details fall into place!

Sent on 10/20/2017