Premier Wedding Pastors Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/16/2021

Wedding 10-16-21

Ed Choy was our pastor for our wedding. He was phenomenal in working with us over the last 2 years with delays with covid. He helped us prepare and getting ready for our marriage. Highly recommmend!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this so fast, wow! You guys were a blast to work with. And wow was your bridal party and guest group FUN! Congrats on making it, it took at lot!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 09/11/2021

A little humor in our ceremony

We had the pleasure of working with Erik for our ceremony and it turned out so well. We told him we were okay with a little humor in our ceremony and it we were pleased with what he added into the ceremony with humor and personalization!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you for reviewing Pastor Erik! So glad he was able to serve you well and exceed your expectations!
  • JG
    Evgenia G. Married on 08/20/2021

Totally recommended

If you are still looking for the officiant STOP searching and go with Pastor Ed!
    We got so lucky he was there with us for our Big Day!
    Pastor Ed was absolutely everything we wanted to have and I’m 100% sure he is everything that any couple would want.
    He was such a joy to work with, very very helpful throughout zoom and emails back and force, brought up brilliant ideas for our beach wedding that wouldn’t be that great without it.

Number of guests even after the wedding commented it on how great of a job he did!

You made our day, Pastor Ed!!! Thank you so very much!

Nick & Evgenia. August 20, 2021 at the Herrington on the Bay.

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you for those generous words! It was so much fun working with you guys. And WOW what a day it was, perfect! Blessings as you head into married life! Be in touch anytime!
  • Sarah
    Sarah S. Married on 06/26/2021

Pastor Ed was the best wedding decision we made!!!

Pastor Ed was one of the best wedding decisions that my husband and I made! It was very important for us to find a Pastor that we could build an authentic relationship with that we could trust to make this experience of planning a wedding from out-of-state feel special and like we have had him as a Pastor for years. I was really nervous about hiring someone remotely and that it would feel like a stranger was marrying us on our wedding day. As soon as we met Pastor Ed on our 'Zoom interview' he was personable, energetic, compassionate, and an amazing listener and I knew right away he would be a great fit for our vision for the wedding. I wanted the ceremony to be THE most important part of the wedding and have it be Christian centered. Pastor Ed made me realize that we didn't have to be in a church to bring the church outside to our Virginia wedding venue. We value the time that Pastor Ed took to really dive into our relationship as a couple and we highly recommend doing premarital counseling leading up to the wedding. He made it fun, light-hearted, and educational as we embarked on this new journey. Pastor Ed was friendly at the rehearsal dinner and wedding, and I loved his willingness to meet our families and friends. My husband and I will 1000% keep in touch with Pastor Ed because we loved our experience and will value his mentorship forever. He made our wedding truly remarkable. Let's just say, I cried the whole ceremony his sermon was so beautiful and personal. Thank you for making our June wedding the BEST DAY EVER!!! Finn and Sarah

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Wow Sarah, you deserve an award for this review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it and share your experience with me. I genuinely loved every minute I got to spend with you guys. Can't wait to see the new chapters of your lives unfold!
  • Kj21
    Kaelyn Married on 05/15/2021

Best Officiant

Pastor Ed Choy was excellent! We interviewed multiple officiants before we found him. Once we did, we knew we had to have him for our wedding. He was very personable and made it very easy to open up & talk to. He helped us from start to finish and went above and beyond. He even came to our rehearsal and helped walk us through everything along with our coordinator.

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much Kaelyn! It was such an honor and joy to serve you guys! Cheers to your bright future together!
    Shaina H. Married on 10/17/2020

Best Choice We Could of Made

Ed Choy was the most perfect person we could of had to officiant our wedding. From our first zoom call to see if he was the right fit for us, I absolutely had to have him be a part of our big day. We wanted a simple, non-religious, fun, loving ceremony and that is just what he delivered to a T! Everyone told us how beautiful the ceremony was and how great Ed was for the job. He is such a great person and is someone I would highly recommend for your big day. I would choose him all over again!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this Shaina! Working with you and Ryan was so much fun. Your family and friends were a blast, and I'm so glad the weather was great and it turned out so well.
    Kevin S. Married on 10/10/2020

Ed was Great!

Ed with Premier Wedding Pastors was an amazing officiant for our big day. He was easy to work with and we had a blast meeting him before the wedding. The service on our wedding day was exactly what we wanted and he made sure to include everything we requested, as well as some personal touches and insights.

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience with me Kevin! You and Susie were so much fun to work with!
  • May
    May N. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Pastor and Officiant!

My now hubby and I had met with a few officiants prior to Pastor Ed, but none of them compared to the initial meeting we had with him. Due to the pandemic, our initial meeting was over Zoom, and it was not awkward one bit! Pastor Ed was down to earth and we felt a sense of ease when speaking with him. He was super organized and had great suggestions to help us with the outline of the ceremony. We hired him immediately!

Due to the pandemic, we had to make changes to our ceremony, and Pastor Ed was super flexible. He was able to incorporate our sunflower unity ceremony a day before the wedding, and all the guests including virtual guests loved it (we lived streamed our session on zoom)! He also spoke loud and clear so that our virtual guests could hear him.

We received so many compliments from our parents and guests about Pastor Ed. We never knew how important it was to find a great officiant until we had an amazing ceremony with Pastor Ed :)

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

May (and David), wow, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a generous and gracious review. It truly was an honor to serve you and your families. If I can do anything for you, your family, or friends in the future, please let me know.
    Samantha G. Married on 07/11/2020

INCREDIBLE ceremony, INCREDIBLE people- highly recommend

We couldn't recommend Ed & Premier Wedding Pastors more! Having someone officiate your wedding is very personal and special and it was refreshing having Ed because we felt like we had known him forever! He was flexible and compassionate during covid reschedulings and kept in touch throughout. For our wedding, he led the ceremony flawlessly and many people have commented on how amazing he was. We loved how we could customize every aspect of our wedding ceremony, even down to what we said exchanging rings! He sent in the signed forms quickly after and keeps in touch on social media. We can't thank you enough Ed! If you're in the market for an officiant, Ed will not disappoint!!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Wow Samantha, thank you so much for taking the time to write this generous review! It means so much, as do you and Seth! Be in touch if needs arise in the future. We're family now!
    Courtney Married on 09/29/2018
    We can’t say enough great things about Premier Wedding Pastors and Pastor Ed. We met with a few other officiants prior to meeting him and let’s just say there was no comparison. Pastor Ed took the time to get to know my (now) husband and I as a couple, he listened to our ‘love story’ and he articulated it beautifully at our ceremony. We had no idea where to start when it came to how we wanted our ceremony to go, and the services through Premier Wedding Pastors gave us multiple options and examples on what direction we wanted to go in. Pastor Ed came to our rehearsal dinner and organized our wedding party in a friendly and professional manner. On our wedding day, Pastor Ed definitely charmed the crowed, a guest even asked for his information for their own daughters wedding! It was obvious from the day we met him that he was genuine and wants you to have a stress free and beautiful day for your wedding. Highly recommend!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Courtney and Andre, thank you so much for taking the time write so much! You were such a pleasure to work with and your wedding day turned out amazing! The weather was perfect, venue was amazing, and your friends and family so supportive. If I can serve you, your family, or friends in the future let me know, I'd be honored!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 09/01/2018
    Pastor Erik was amazing. He really made our day very special. He customized our Homily for us and listened to us when we had some... odd requests... He has such a warm and welcoming personality and made our day very special. Thank you for everything Erik. You did a phenomenal job!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Amanda, thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of Pastor Erik. I'm so glad he was able to provide premier services that made your big day exactly what you wanted. We'd be honored to serve you, your family, or friends in the future. Blessings into married life!
  • Caroline
    Caroline H. Married on 08/18/2018

Best experience ever!

Pastor Ed, you were such a pleasure to work with! You truly made our wedding ceremony something special. My husband and I do not belong to a church, but we wanted to incorporate religious aspects to our ceremony. Pastor Ed met with us in person and talked with us over the phone many times to make sure everything was perfect. Just the thought of planning a wedding ceremony was so overwhelming to me, but Pastor Ed made the process so easy and fun! We were so impressed with how impactful and personal Pastor Ed made the ceremony experience- it felt like we have known him for years! We are so happy we chose Pastor Ed as our officiant- it was truly meant to be.

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Caroline, thank you so much for taking time to write such a generous review. And I LOVE the picture you posted! I hope to stay in touch. Let me know if I can serve you, your family, or friends in the future.
    Chi Married on 06/02/2018
    We can’t thank Pastor Erik enough for the beautiful ceremony and a wedding that he helped to make possible for us. He made the process so easy and manageable and were there to patiently answer our questions. We couldn’t have asked for anyone better to be our officiant. We loved the custom homily of our ceremony he provided to us! There are no words to express just how thankful we are! It was surely a GREAT DAY!
    -Jeff & Chi

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review of Pastor Erik! I'm so glad he was able to serve you well and provide the services that made your big day beautiful and fun! Blessings into your marriage! Be in touch in the future if we can be of any help or future service to friends or family.
    Victoria Married on 04/14/2018
    Ed was exactly what we were looking for when searching for an officiant. We were planning our wedding from out of state and didn’t belong to a church in the northern Virginia area. We chose the three premarital counseling sessions and I would highly recommend it to everyone even if you are out of state. We Skyped with Ed for each session and the whole experience was so fun and eye opening from start to finish. Through doing the sessions we got to know Ed and more importantly he got to know us as a couple and it made a huge difference when it came time for our ceremony. Ed was such a pleasure to work with and made the whole process easy with templates and outlines. I HIGHLY recommend Ed if you are looking for an officiant in the DC metro area, everyone loved him and I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with him!!!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Victoria, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review! You and David were such a joy to work with, even with the long distance and challenges. It was fun to meet for coffee in person in between, which definitely helped deepen our connection. Your wedding day was amazing and I'm blessed knowing that I was able to prepare and officiate the custom wedding ceremony that fit you both. I hope we can stay connected through the years. Be in touch anytime if I can serve you guys, your family, or friends anytime.
    Stephane Married on 03/23/2018
    My wedding was on March23, 2018 in Frederick, MD. My husband and I wanted to get married religiously by a pastor but we were not members of any church in particular and hit many roadblocks. One of my friends recommended Pastor Ed and we learned he has a great passion for officiating weddings and helping couples have the ceremony they always wished for. Having Pastor Ed officiate our wedding was the best decision we made! Pastor Ed is very professional- he cared so much about making our ceremony personal, beautiful and lively. In additon to the ceremony, my husband and I had 2 sessions of pre-marital counseling which provided us with very helpful tools to take the next step in our relationship. Through these sessions Pastor Ed was able to get to know us and we got to know him, which made the whole experience so much better and We ever imagined. Pastor Ed also helped us woth the ceremony planning and ran the rehearsal like pro! We strongly recommend- he will not disappoint!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review! getting to know you and Mario has been such a blessing, and your wedding was gorgeous! Be in touch anytime if I can be of help to you or your family-friends. May God richly bless your marriage!
    Sam Married on 12/10/2017
    Pastor Ed from Premier Wedding Pastors was absolutely nothing short of amazing! With a month to go from our wedding, he more than accommodated us in the preparation of our ceremony. We had a multiethnic wedding with two different cultures—Filipino and American—and he did an amazing job giving respect to both cultures and traditions. Most importantly, he took time to get to know us and took interest in us both! We feel like he really understood what we wanted and he was able to deliver exactly what we hoped for in a wedding pastor without making the ceremony boring or lifeless. He provided personality to our wedding by mentioning our story and how we got together, as well as details about us as a couple. We really liked how he provided us with resources to choose from in designing our ceremony in terms of what he and others would speak towards during the ceremony. That made our job easy because we didn’t have to go hunting for things for people to read or homilies or anything like that. He even had these resources organized according to the level of religious undertone incorporated into the ceremony. This goes to speak towards how well organized he was and how you could tell he really took notes on us during our first meeting. It impressed us how he remembered things we discussed during our first meeting at later meetings because you don’t often find someone who recalls such details. We feel like with Pastor Ed, we received more than a wedding officiant but got someone who could perhaps provide us more as a couple—something we never expected.

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Sam, thank you so much for taking the time to write this gracious review. It was such a blessing serving you and Jali and your family, helping to make your big day beautiful and fun! I look forward to seeing your marriage story unfold!
    Rachel Married on 12/02/2017
    We love Pastor Ed! He provided an enormous amount of help, was flexible, charismatic and helped make our day so special and memorable!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to give a review Rachel! Your wedding, wow, definitely one of the more emotional weddings I've been part of. That moment when you turned down the isle, wow, I'll never forget that. Please be in touch if I can serve you guys or your family/friends in the future.
    Becca Married on 10/14/2017
    Pastor Ed was absolutely wonderful to work with and made our wedding day so special. My husband is Christian and I am Jewish, so it was important to us to create a ceremony that was not overly religious, but celebrated some of the traditions of both. Pastor Ed worked with us to create a ceremony that was unique to us and our relationship and for that, we are so grateful. He was so energetic and just had a way of making everyone feel excited to be celebrating with us - guests even commented on how wonderful he did officiating the ceremony! Pastor Ed comes with a wealth of knowledge and experience and I would highly recommend him - especially for interfaith couples :)

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write your generous review! I'm so glad I was able to deliver a premier experience for you and Ben. Your wedding was a beautiful blend of your unique backgrounds and cultures, I was honored to be part of it.
    Thao Married on 09/16/2017
    When planning our wedding and choosing vendors, we consulted with three people. However meeting Pastor Ed for the first time we knew he would be the one to officiate our wedding! He was so easy going, compassionate and sincere. He really gets to know you as a couple so that he can share your love story. His smile and energy is truly addicting. And our friends and family really liked him! We highly recommend Ed if you want someone patient and kind hearted to officiate on your wedding day!

Premier Wedding Pastors's reply:

Thank you so much for you generous review Thao and Scott! Your weeding was spectacular! I hope we stay in touch and connect through the seasons of life. Cheers to your first year of marriage!
    Amanda Married on 12/03/2016
    Ed was an amazing officiant and so wonderful to work with! He was very easy to talk to and helped us customize our ceremony so that it was personalized and reflective of us. He had a lot of templates to work from which was helping in building out our ceremony, and made it such a fun process for us. He is very passionate about what he does and was very responsive. Ed's a great speaker too so our guests really enjoyed the ceremony!
  • Elaine778
    Elaine Married on 09/25/2016
    Ed was an amazing officiant for us. He was very easy to talk to and helped us customize our ceremony so that it was highly personalized and reflective of us. He had a lot of templates depending on how religious you want your ceremony to be--ranging from not religious at all to very religious. We chose somewhere in between. Ed's a great speaker too, so our guests really enjoyed the ceremony!
    Jessica Married on 09/03/2016
    Pastor Ed is an experienced and thoughtful officiant who helped us create a ceremony that was unique and reflective of our unique values. Coming from families from two separate religious backgrounds, my husband and I wanted an officiant who would help us celebrate who we are as a couple and the joining of two unique families -- Pastor Ed did that and more! From the beginning, Pastor Ed was highly responsive, helpful, and extremely organized, thinking through every detail so that the ceremony ran seamlessly on the day-of. We highly recommend Pastor Ed to officiate any wedding ceremony -- everything was perfect!
    Melanie Married on 06/04/2016
    After getting to know Ed during our wedding planning he is so much more than our wedding officiant, he is our friend. I can’t say enough wonderful things about him.

His passion for the Lord and his love of people is so genuine. You can really tell he cares about the couples he marries and wants the best for them.

Leading up to our wedding, our chats with Ed easily could have lasted all night. He got to know us and made us laugh but also was able to talk about the serious, deeper topics during premarital counseling.

Our ceremony was wonderful and personal since Ed had gotten to know us. Despite countless emails, he was constantly tweaking the draft until it was perfect. It really was beautiful.

Everyone at the wedding loved him too! He took time to talk with our families at the rehearsal and the ceremony. No one could believe we found him through Google! They thought we had known him for years and are still talking about how great he was!

We are so lucky we found Ed, he was the best part of our wedding! (besides getting married to my husband of course)
    Kiron Married on 05/14/2016
    My husband and I used Pastor Ed Choy as both our ceremony officiant and our premarital advisor. We can’t say enough great things about Pastor Ed and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

(1) Premarital Counseling – Our premarital counseling sessions were excellent. My husband really wanted to have premarital counseling, but I was initially skeptical. However, Pastor Ed was a great listener. Our homework assignments between sessions identified potential areas of personality conflict and how to resolve any conflict. Also, Pastor Ed is very tech savvy. Although my husband and I were in DC, we were able to effectively do all the sessions over Skype.

(2) Wedding Officiant – We had an Indian fusion wedding ceremony and Pastor Ed did a great job. He carefully worked with us weeks before the ceremony to make sure everything was perfect. He had excellent insight into intercultural ceremonies. He took our feedback and incorporated it into a beautiful ceremony. On the wedding day, he was amazing. He is very prompt and reliable. He also speaks calmly, clearly, and confidently and was right on point with the ceremony.

My husband and I would highly recommend Pastor Ed as a wedding officiant. Throughout this process, we have not only been able to call him our Pastor, but also our friend.