Prairie Basket Florist Reviews

Prairie Basket Florist 7
  • Taylor

Taylor Abrahamson · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Flowers

Candy has been the go-to florist for my family for a long time. My grandmother used to handle the flowers for the gift shop at Good Shepherd Hospital when she worked there, and still uses her for her own personal flower needs. My mom also had Candy do her flowers for her wedding back in 2006. So it was a no-brainer when it came time for me to get my flowers. Candy was super helpful and created beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres for us. I wanted all cala lilies and she did not disappoint. My mother-in-law also cannot handle very strong floral smells, so Candy made sure to get flowers that would not trigger anything for her. She even was able to do a silk corsage for us! Thank you for helping make our day perfect!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Amy · Married on 09/15/2018

Candy was so easy to work with! She responded to all questions promptly and professionally. I gave her a couple "do's and don'ts" and really left the creative process up to her... I could not have been more pleased with the outcome!!! My flowers were not only exactly what I had imagined, but they were beautiful and SO unique! I received so many compliments on my flowers and my bridesmaids couldn't stop talking about their bouquets! I would 100% recommend Candy and will definitely use for future floral needs.

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • U

Ugne · Married on 08/18/2018

Candy was wonderful to work with! I didn't have many preferences with flowers and all I wanted was neutral earthy tones to be part of the flowers! I trusted her enough with the flower arrangements and it turned out to be perfect and everything I imagined! I had a budget and she definitely kept that in mind as well! She was easy to work with too and very quick to respond to my numerous emails! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 8
    Prairie Basket Florist 9
  • Alicia

Alicia Younger · Married on 08/11/2018

An Excellent Experience

Candy was such a pleasure to work with! She was able to distill my references down into a profile that was perfect for our wedding. I had a particular palate and list of flowers I wanted to include and she was helpful in making suggestions that made the arrangements even more amazing. The florals were beautiful and she even let us borrow her vases! Would certainly recommend.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Prairie Basket Florist 10
    Prairie Basket Florist 11
    Prairie Basket Florist 12
    Prairie Basket Florist 13

Lindsay · Married on 07/28/2018

Candy was amazing to work with! She also was incredibly accommodating the day of my wedding and delivered the flowers on time with no issues. She was incredibly respectful of my budget and the flowers turned out exactly how I wanted them to. She asked me to send her pictures of what I wanted as well as what types of flowers to use for both the bouquets and centerpieces. She did bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, boutonnieres, corsages, high, medium and low centerpieces, cake decorations and greenery around our seating chart. I can't say enough good things about her and I believe the pictures below speak for themselves!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 21
    Prairie Basket Florist 22
    Prairie Basket Florist 23

Katherine · Married on 07/20/2018

Candy was wonderful to work with and the flowers were beautiful! She timed it right with having the fullest blooms on the day of our wedding. I had sent her inspiration photos, what I liked/didn't like and she was spot on! We were married at the Onion Pub in the summer and she is very familiar with the venue. My husband's parents are horticulturists (so they know their flowers!) and they are still raving about the quality and arrangements. Candy was very flexible, too - our first look location depended on the weather (and so did the floral personal delivery). She was fine with us making that call 10AM the day of. We couldn't have been more satisfied!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 24
    Prairie Basket Florist 25
    Prairie Basket Florist 26
    Prairie Basket Florist 27
    Prairie Basket Florist 28

Prairie Basket Florist's reply:

Katherine - I am so glad to hear how happy you were - and it was a special task, knowing about the horticulturists ! It gives me pleasure to know when someone really understands! Thank you for the honor!

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

Candy was highly recommended by my brother who worked with her for his wedding, and she definitely lived up to the hype. She listened to my ideas and also shared useful feedback and ideas of her own that resulted in an absolutely stunning design for our wedding flowers. And all the while working within our budget. What I really appreciated about Candy is her creativity and ability to add an element of unexpected surprise and wow to everything she did whether it was the sparkly band on my mother-in-law's corsage, the pop of color in our dinner centerpieces or the extraordinary selection of unique flowers and succulents in my bouquet. Candy is top-notch and I would highly recommend working with her for your floral needs. She's a true talent, and such a sweet person.

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 29
    Prairie Basket Florist 30
    Prairie Basket Florist 31

Maureen · Married on 06/23/2018

Candy was incredible to work with! She understood my vision for our wedding flowers and improved upon it! She has such an artistic eye and really went above and beyond incorporating family heirlooms into the centerpieces and recommending newer pieces that would compliment the old.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 32
    Prairie Basket Florist 33
    Prairie Basket Florist 34
    Prairie Basket Florist 35
    Prairie Basket Florist 36

Mariah · Married on 06/15/2018

Candy was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding in downtown Chicago from the beginning of wedding planning all the way up to the wedding day. Her flowers were beautiful and she was able to create exactly what I was envisioning with only a few pictures provided. She was able to work within my budget without a problem or push back and her work far exceeded our expectations. We received several compliments from our guests on how beautiful our flowers were. I would highly recommend Candy for any wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/27/2018

I used Candy for my wedding last weekend, and she was absolutely amazing! I had a very specific idea of what flowers I wanted, and had other florists tell me they couldn’t do the jewel toned colors I wanted.

Candy looked at my pictures and ideas, and said no problem. She was able to give me EXACTLY what I wanted, and we couldn’t have been happier with our flowers!

She was great and easy to work with, and the results were stunning. So many people said they had never seen wedding flowers with that gorgeous of color!

Thank you so much for our flowers, they were exactly what I was picturing, made our wedding day that much better!!!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Prairie Basket Florist's reply:

Thanks, Kristen! It was a pleasure working with you! And I LOVE color! Yours were dramatic! Thank you!

Carmel · Married on 05/11/2018

I have used Candy for quite a few events over the years and she has never disappointed me. This spring my step-daughters wedding was no exception. The flowers were beautiful and the guest compliments flowed! As a past event planner, I can speak volumes for her flora
    value and creativity, I would not hesitate to call Candy for any floral needs.

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 41
    Prairie Basket Florist 42
    Prairie Basket Florist 43

Janine · Married on 01/27/2018

Prairie Basket is an incredible vendor to work with! During the planning stages, Candy was really easy to work with and took the time to answer all our questions. She even offered practical advice and made suggestions that helped us determine the right floral applications for our event. On the wedding day, Candy was on-time and professional with her deliveries. The personal flowers and arrangements were absolutely incredible, and seriously turned out better than we could have imagined! Candy is a talented artist who can take your ideas and make them even better. Overall Prairie Basket exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend them for your event!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Prairie Basket Florist's reply:

Janine you were so organized and well informed - it was a pleasure working with you! It was the first time I'd been to the Ovation in Chicago, and you had the vision that inspired me! What a beautiful venue - clean, open and modern. And I give the bride the credit for wanting to step out of the usual floral elements !

Ann · Married on 12/27/2017

I had been seeing Candy Quinn's designs all over town and just knew she had to do our flowers for the wedding. We had a vintage wedding, in a historic mansion and I wore a vintage all lace dress and my groom wore a cutaway tux. The floral arrangements she created provided the "feel" we were trying to achieve perfectly. We requested 11 different arrangements - one for each table- all of the same flowers, but different arrangements in different vases and gave them away as gifts to special guests. My bouquet was everything I could have wanted. Very reasonably priced. The photos here really do not do the table arrangements justice. But the guest who received them all loved them!

Sent on 02/09/2018
    Prairie Basket Florist 44
    Prairie Basket Florist 45
    Prairie Basket Florist 46
    Prairie Basket Florist 47
    Prairie Basket Florist 48
    Prairie Basket Florist 49

Diane · Married on 10/06/2017

Candy created beautiful floral arrangements and bouquets for my daughter's wedding. She was so easy to work with. My daughter gave her the colors and Candy ran with it using contrasting textures giving us fabulous results. I would highly recommend Candy!

Katie · Married on 09/30/2017

Candy was spectacular. She took a little idea we had and ran with it to make the most gorgeous arrangements ever. She did all our bouquets, the arch, garland runners - truly stunning. Had a couple of statement pieces that she was added to for our outdoor ceremony on the island and then made a backyard tent wedding somehow simple but elegant! Even better, she was a blast to work with.

Highly recommended!

Prairie Basket Florist 50

Lea · Married on 09/09/2017

Prairie Basket was a dream to work with! Candy is so very nice and knowledgeable and she did a fantastic job with the flowers for my daughter's wedding. I would use her again in a heart beat!! As a matter of fact I am using her for another daughter's wedding coming up in July. She is the best!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Victoria · Married on 09/03/2017

Candy is absolutely amazing at what she does and words cannot express how pleased I am that I found her. I initially booked Candy for my wedding back in March and 2 months before my wedding, my sister and nephew unexpectedly passed away so we turned to Candy for the arrangements. Within 3 days she gave us the most stunning arrangements we could have ever imagined. She pulled through in such a short amount of time and we cannot thank her enough for that. Fast forward to my wedding day and she left me with my mouth open. My flowers at my ceremony and reception were exactly what I had envisioned, and her cost cannot be beat. Everything was so incredibly beautiful. She was so patient and flexible and an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you Candy for everything, you are my florist for life!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Prairie Basket Florist's reply:

Victoria - Thank you! Such emotional circumstances. It was good to see a happy occasion, and to get to know you and your family. Flowers have a way of conveying what words can not. I'm glad you felt the love they symbolized - and the connection we created together.

Valerie · Married on 06/17/2017

I love everything about my wedding at Danada House; the entire day was perfect. That being said, the flowers were my absolute favorite part. We had a very low floral budget, and I left mostly all decisions up to Candy. I told her my colors and gave her a few photo inspirations, keeping in mind that my budget would most likely make my dream flowers not possible. I could not have been more wrong! Candy somehow managed to make all the flowers EXACTLY what I wanted. They were even more beautiful than I imagined they'd be, and they really took my wedding to the next level. Candy was a joy to work with. She always responded to my emails quickly and with humor. I highly suggest all brides choose Candy and Prairie Basket. You will not regret it!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Gayle · Married on 06/03/2017

Unique, innovative, with heart of a servant and eye of an artist. Candy incorporated three generations of family crystal and silver containers to customize each table at our daughter's reception. Her eye for color and texture is surpassed only by her gentle wisdom regarding how to maximize in season flowers and greenery to stay within our budget. Some vendors are interested in their vision, Candy is entirely focused on bringing your vision to life. She was truly a god-send.

Prairie Basket Florist's reply:

Thanks, Gayle - it was such a wonderful experience for me, too!!! Lots of love!

Alex · Married on 12/17/2016

Wedding 12.17.16. The Prairie Basket made my wedding!! Candy is so talented, and our bouquets and centerpieces were spectacular. I told her my vision and she brought it to life! I could not believe how spot on her colors and textures were.... it far exceeded my expectations!! Would recommend again and again!! She even made my flower girl a flower crown the night before the wedding...she is awesome!!! Great prices, amazing product.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Alexandra · Married on 11/05/2016

We were recommended Prairie Basket florists through a family friend. We worked with the owner Candy throughout the process and were very happy with her services. Although her company's in the suburbs she provided flowers for our wedding in the city of Chicago. We met with her a couple times to discuss the themes of our wedding. I did not have specific floral vision in mind so left much up to her interpretation. The centerpieces she created were beautiful and I loved my bouquet. We thought her prices were very reasonable for what she provided

Sent on 12/06/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/07/2016

I recently got married at Makray Memorial Golf Club, and Candy (the owner) provided my flowers for both the ceremony and reception. I had a great experience working with her. When my mom and I met her at a coffee shop, we knew immediately that we wanted to book her! She was very creative and had great suggestions, especially the floating candles she used as part of my centerpieces. For the quality of her work, I thought her prices were really reasonable as well. So happy I booked her!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

We recently got married (in September) and had over 300 people at our weddings as well as a huge wedding party (12 on each side). Candy was truly amazing to work with! She took the ideas I had in mind for "my perfect fall wedding" flowers and centerpieces and made them come to life, better than I could have ever imagined. She was reliable, flexible, communicated well, and did outstanding work. I would recommend working with Candy/Prairie Basket to anyone! :)

Sent on 11/29/2016

jennifer · Married on 07/16/2016

This review is long overdue! I got married on 7.26.16 with a ceremony at St. Alphonsus in Chicago and the reception at the Chicago Cultural Center. I met with multiple floral services and I am extremely happy that I chose Candy/Prairie Basket for my wedding. I was referred to Candy by a special patient I cared for in the hospital, and it was extremely sentimental to me to have Candy a part of my wedding. She was so easy to work with, and Candy is down to earth. She worked within my budget and provided such beautiful flowers. I loved everything she brought to my wedding day from the bouquets to the centerpieces. Candy's floral arrangements provided the feminine and romantic touch I was looking for. As a nurse, I understand the importance of customer service and advocating for the client... and Candy does just that.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Prairie Basket Florist 55
    Prairie Basket Florist 56
    Prairie Basket Florist 57

Prairie Basket Florist's reply:

Thanks, Jennifer! I love the pictures! It was a memorable wedding, all the way around - starting with that connection to Ernie, and ending at the fabulous Cultural Center. Your taste was exquisite - absolutely loved the color palette - how could it not all turn out great??? xoxo

Becca · Married on 07/02/2016

Candy was absolutely amazing and was so great to work with! :) I will use her again in the future for flowers. Thank you Candy for everything!

Sent on 07/25/2016