Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel Reviews

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel 1
  • Danielle

Danielle Stossel · Getting married on 10/30/2020

I would recommend

My wedding isn’t until 2020. However, They were very responsive and very informative when we went to look at the venue. The price and package we wanted was just perfect and they have been extremely helpful in answering my million questions along the way as well as a quick response time!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Janiris

Janiris · Getting married on 09/06/2020

Venue Visit

I checked the reviews online before setting an appointment. All the reviews raved about how much they loved the venue, how the food was delicious and how affordable the venue was. To be honest, when I read the reviews I thought to myself that this venue was too good to be true. I reached out to set up an appointment and Michelle responded right away. We communicated constantly via email before scheduling our visit and Michelle was so wonderful! She responded in a timely matter and answered all the questions I had. When we finally went to visit the venue we LOVED it. My fiancé and I really wanted to stay within a reasonable budget and this place provides so many amenities within a reasonable price. I so recommend checking this venue to couples that still haven't found a venue.

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Price · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Venue!

They take care of you and help make your day perfect with every little detail. The day was amazing and I did not have to worry about a thing. What you get for the price is beyond reasonable. I would recommend this place to everyone! Michelle and the entire staff are incredible.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic Reception

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, aside from all the great perks and benefits of doing our wedding with them, was very easy to work with, extremely accommodating, communicative, and helpful. The food was both bountiful and delicious, and the staff were extremely responsive and attentive to not just us, but our guests as well. Location was easy for most people to get to and super nice having the hotel attached so at the end of our night we could roll right into bed. Particularly trying to plan a wedding remotely, the number of things included and tasks/decisions that PGH helped make, made doing our wedding a significantly less stressful and much more fun experience!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Gonzalez · Married on 09/22/2019

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

My wedding is September 22, 2019 this venue is absolutely amazing. Gina is my wedding coordinator and she is very responsive and efficient. I can't wait to have my wedding here

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Roxie

Roxie · Married on 09/20/2019

Wedding Venue

Great experience! Working with Michelle made our entire wedding process so easy. The staff was attentive and welcomed any special request my family and I made. Very convenient having the venue attached to the hotel and it also helps to prevent drinking/driving. All guest were happy to take a 30 second elevator ride to their room at the end of the night!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Patty

Patty Fiore · Married on 08/09/2019

Beautiful Wedding ceremony and Reception

We were married at The Poughkeepsie Grand recently. The Poughkeepsie Grand offers a great deal that includes a block of rooms for your overnight guests. Our Wedding Coordinator was extremely helpful and was always available for any questions that I may have had. We held our ceremony there which was followed by the reception. The ceremony was held outside which they did a very nice job of and the reception was held afterward. The food was very good at the reception. All of my guests enjoyed the service and the food . The wait staff and bartenders were extremely attentive to the Bride and Groom as well as our guests. If you are looking for a beautiful setting at an affordable price to hold your wedding, I would highly recommend the Poughkeepsie Grand

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Dylan

Dylan Malone · Married on 06/28/2019

The best bang for your buck. Incredible.

If you’re on the search for a venue in this area, we highly recommend taking a look at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. We had been to several venues and never had that “this is the place” moment until we visited the Grand hotel.
    We may be a little biased because it was our wedding, but this was the best wedding we have ever been to! We had plenty of guests making similar remarks though which has made our claim feel validated. Many guests specifically complimented the speed of service, the ballroom and decorations, as well as the food and quality of service.
    We booked the Regency Package, which gives you the larger ballroom (you need at least 100 guests but we were able to book it a few short of 100.)
    For the price you’re paying, you get an incredible ballroom and also the catering is included. We still can’t figure out why the cost is lower than other venues in the area that don’t offer catering. Perhaps it’s due to the fact that they’re able to host so many weddings on the same night?
    The amount you get for the price is amazing.
    - The food is incredible
    - The maître’ de and the head server make sure everything is going smoothly. You will always have a drink, a taste of any food you’d like, and will not have to keep track of the events and timing since they do it for you.
    - The ballroom itself was beautiful. The option to choose any color uplighting for no additional cost was a huge plus.
    - The process of preparing for the wedding was made simple. We worked with Gina, who was always available to answer our questions and gave us a detailed timeline of everything we would need to do far in advance so we were never feeling stressed.
    If you’re searching for a venue, we highly recommend setting up a meeting with the Poughkeepsie Grand to see if it’s a match for you.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 04/06/2019

Kisha is the best group sales manager!!!!

We just had our wedding this past Saturday at the Grandview and had a ton of family traveling from out of town. The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was a great fit for our guests and Kisha made the entire process so easy and FUN! From initial contact to the day of she answered every question (no matter how repetitive or crazy) and addressed all our needs with top notch professionalism and courtesy. She was an absolute pleasure to work and plan with and has such a wonderfully warm and inviting personality. She made us feel like she was a member of the family and as concerned if not more concerned with how everything would come together. She gave us a full tour of the hotel and shared everything with us as if she were inviting her into her own home. She taught me how to follow our room block and kept us up to date on bookings the whole way. I also give her high praise for handling a very difficult (and quite frankly embarrassing) “situation” extraordinarily well that came up with the matron of honor!
    During all the wedding planning I knew I just needed people to help me keep my peace of mind and relieve some stress and Kisha definitely did that for me. I highly recommend her and The Poughkeepsie Grand for your next event :-)

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 12/14/2018

Excellent venue!

I am so glad I chose the PK Grand Hotel for my wedding. It was perfect, the staff was great, and it was the less stressful part of my planning. The ceremony was beautiful, and the ballroom was everything I had imagined. Every detail I discussed with Michelle, she made sure it was executed beautifully. The food was wonderful, every single guest was raving about the food. There were no complaints at all from anyone, and everyone kept raving about the place, how convenient everything is - it is all in one place! Michelle was so attentive to my ring bearer, who is special needs, and anything he needed or we needed to change, she made sure she handled it. The maitr'd, Emily, was wonderful, as well as, our head server. My husband didn't know what to order, and they let him have the salmon (which was wonderful) and steak! So nice, and helpful as well, and packed up any food for us and brought everything to our suite. I didn't have one stress at my wedding, or during the planning process. I am so happy the way my wedding turned out, my guests really thought they were at some high-end fancy place, when it was the most affordable venue that really included so much! They really paid attention to every detail and listened to what we wanted and I couldn't be any happier how everything turned out.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Alexandra · Married on 09/28/2018

I absolutely can’t say enough amazing things about the Poughkeepsie grand and there staff! Gina was beyond amazing I can’t thank her enough! Everyone was amazing to my now husband and myself and our bridal party also to of all of our guest! The venue was beautiful for our special day! The garden was amazing for our ceremony and picture taking. The food and drinks were delicious! Thank you all again! The Poughkeepsie grand hotel and there staff made our wedding magical and a night to always remember!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Amber · Married on 09/30/2017

The planning staff was wonderful. Always willing to help and responds to questions in a timely manner.. Food, bridal suite, and staff were all amazing ..

Sent on 11/09/2017

Nilsa · Married on 09/23/2017

Michelle and her staff made my daughter's wedding a total success! They were very accommodating and took care care of us. I commend their dedication and professionalism. My daughter said it was the wedding she always dreamed about. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Emma · Married on 08/05/2017

​My husband and I held our wedding reception at The Grandview and was recommended to The Grand Hotel for our guest accommodations. That is where we fell in love with Kisha, the Group Sales Manager. In our opinion, she’s makes The Grand Hotel what it is! She was sweet, accommodating, helpful and always in a fantastic mood! She showed us all of our room options, was constantly assisting me with my forever growing room block and even offered us complimentary shuttle rides for our guests for our rehearsal dinner at Cosimos. We couldn’t have had a better experience and would absolutely recommend The Grand Hotel to anyone visiting the Poughkeepsie area!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Sally J. · Married on 07/29/2017

The Poughkeepsie Grand, and especially Michelle Niesen, made our wedding day a truly MAGICAL day!!! Our guests said it was the BEST wedding they had EVER attended!!! We agree!!!!
    ~ Sally & Michael Esolen

Sent on 08/05/2017

Alison · Married on 03/26/2017

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel provided a wonderful experience for our guests and us during our wedding weekend. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was accommodating and pleasant to work with. The Club Room on the top floor is a beautiful venue for bridal parties to get ready prior to the wedding. It was spacious and very comfortable for the bridesmaids, moms, and stylists. The meals we ordered and had delivered to the Club Room on the morning of the wedding were delicious. Since our wedding was at the Grandview, it was an incredibly convenient location for our out-of-town guests. Transportation could not have been easier, and our guests raved about the trolley that took them to and from the Grandview. There was even transportation made available to our rehearsal dinner on the night before our wedding. Overall, our experience at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was fantastic, and we would recommend this hotel to anyone getting married in the Poughkeepsie area!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Kimberly · Married on 11/10/2016

I don't know why anyone would have there wedding anywhere else!!! From start to finish everything went so smoothly and PERFECTLY it was as if it were too good to be true.... but nope it was true! We worked With Michelle and she was incredible! I can honestly say that as a bride planning a wedding I did not stress over anything regarding my venue because Michelle was on everything before my questions even came up. If we had a need or a want.... Michelle made it happen! Then we got to the night of our reception and it was SEAMLESS! I couldn't have dreamt the ballroom to be more perfect. She knew what I wanted better than I did. And our Maitre D's were outstanding! Dana and Jonathan were on point until they walked us to our room and handed us our room keys. The food..... our wedding was nearly a month ago and our guests are still talking about how delicious EVERYTHING was. In the future if we need to plan a big even we won't even look anywhere else. We're just going to call Michelle!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Venetta · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot put into words the wonderful day I had at the Poughkeeps Grand Hotel! From the price to the service, to the food and to the venue, I have nothing but great things to say. They truly made my day special. My guest were all and I mean ALL were impressed with everything! I didn't want our wedding to end. #cinderellaeffect!

Sent on 11/05/2016
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 05/07/2016

Excellent service, excellent wedding!

I cannot say enough about the EXCELLENT service we received for our wedding last week! Michelle, our wedding coordinator, went above and beyond this past 10 months while we planned our big day with her! Every email or call I placed to her was answered immediately and she was always happy to assist with any questions I had, no matter how big or small the issue was! On our wedding day, Michelle was there and made sure everything started out the way I wanted it. After her, maitre'd Emily and our head table server Freddy, took over the show and not only guided us through everything, but made sure we always had food and drinks at our table! We also were allowed to view our party room before all of our guests did. They decorated everything EXACTLY how I wanted it! I didn't have to change a thing. Everyone at the Grand had professional attitudes and everything was SO organized. The food was EXCELLENT, nothing we ordered on our menu was a disappointment! We had 180 guests and the pricing was VERY reasonable compared to other local venues. At the end of the night, Emily and Freddy packaged all of our belongings (and extra food from dinner and cocktail hour!) and brought it up to our honeymoon suite to us. We had enough leftovers for 4 days after the wedding. Our guests raved about everything and they are still talking about our day. Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, thank you SO much for taking such great care of us on our wedding day!!! If you are looking for EXCELLENT service and to be treated right, this is the place to go!!!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 03/12/2016

Exceptional experience! Everyone we encountered from this venue was friendly, kind and professional. Our representative, Gina was a great help every step of the way and made sure every detail was perfect. Anthony, our Maitre d ensured that everything ran smoothly. Our server, Jamie was just amazing, my husband was never without a drink in his hand. Thevroom was beautiful and the food was phenomenal. There was so many hors d'oeuvre that we were full by the time we got to the main course, but of course, they made sure to bring our left overs, and then some to our room afterwards. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Bethany-Rose · Married on 03/12/2016

Working with the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was the best choice we made for our wedding!! They run like a well-oiled machine and made the planning process so stress-free, and yet still made me feel like my wedding was unique and their only priority! My fiance and I kept saying to each other, "is this too good to be true?!!!" The service, the quality, the extra attention paid to every detail-- all phenomenal! I am so glad we chose them for out wedding! There was SO MUCH included in my package that just made everything so much smoother! Every single person we worked with, from our amazing maitre' d's, to the super-friendly front-desk staff who handed out our gift bags for guests, to the staff who boxed up our extra food and drew adorable pictures on the boxes-- made us feel so special on our important day!! BEST decision of the whole wedding process by far!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2015

When searching for a wedding venue we looked at a bunch of different places. The Poughkeepsie Grand had the most to offer for our wedding. Not only did we get complimentary rooms for booking with them, our centerpieces and wedding cake were also included. Our wedding coordinator Michelle went above and beyond to make sure our day was going to be everything we've dreamed of. The night of our wedding, our maître d Chris and server Sara were absolutely amazing. Always asking if we were okay or needed anything. The service they provided to us was top notch, and our guests agreed with us. We wouldn't of changed anything about our wedding venue. If you're looking to book with this venue just keep in mind that its convenient for you and your guests with the hotel being right upstairs. We would 100% recommend The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel to anyone that was in search of a beautiful, elegant venue.

Sent on 10/13/2015

They have been so unbelievably helpful with everything !

Sent on 08/31/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/12/2015

Great venue for a great price, expected to pay much more by the looks of the place. Warm comfortable feelings, everyone we have spoken to and worked with has been so helpful and accommodating. Beautifully decorated, clean, classy, elegant.. everything you want in a wedding venue.

Sent on 09/15/2014

angela · Married on 07/18/2015

absolutely perfect! from day one it was so easy to work with Gina. We live a couple hours away so email was our best friend, and Gina responded so quickly! Every person we encountered at the PK Grand whether in person or over the phone was always so helpful, positive and kind! The packages they offer include so much, that it truly is a one stop shop. from the abundant cocktail hour, to dinner choices, cake, center pieces, line and even hotel rooms, you want for nothing! We heard nothing but compliments from our guests all night and for weeks after! The food was amazing, the service was outstanding! My groom, myself, family and wedding party never had to go to the bar, as Anthony was always right there with a drink! He anticipated all our needs all night, as nothing was missed! the end of the night, Ryan and Anthony even brought all our stuff up to our room with some food wrapped up for a late night snack! The entire staff of the PK Grand truly helped make our wedding day perfect and we cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 08/04/2015