Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel Reviews

103 Reviews for Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

103 Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel Reviews

Alexandra · Married on 09/28/2018

I absolutely can’t say enough amazing things about the Poughkeepsie grand and there staff! Gina was beyond amazing I can’t thank her enough! Everyone was amazing to my now husband and myself and our bridal party also to of all of our guest! The venue was beautiful for our special day! The garden was amazing for our ceremony and picture taking. The food and drinks were delicious! Thank you all again! The Poughkeepsie grand hotel and there staff made our wedding magical and a night to always remember!

Amber · Married on 09/30/2017

The planning staff was wonderful. Always willing to help and responds to questions in a timely manner.. Food, bridal suite, and staff were all amazing ..

Nilsa · Married on 09/23/2017

Michelle and her staff made my daughter's wedding a total success! They were very accommodating and took care care of us. I commend their dedication and professionalism. My daughter said it was the wedding she always dreamed about. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Emma · Married on 08/05/2017

​My husband and I held our wedding reception at The Grandview and was recommended to The Grand Hotel for our guest accommodations. That is where we fell in love with Kisha, the Group Sales Manager. In our opinion, she’s makes The Grand Hotel what it is! She was sweet, accommodating, helpful and always in a fantastic mood! She showed us all of our room options, was constantly assisting me with my forever growing room block and even offered us complimentary shuttle rides for our guests for our rehearsal dinner at Cosimos. We couldn’t have had a better experience and would absolutely recommend The Grand Hotel to anyone visiting the Poughkeepsie area!

Sally J. · Married on 07/29/2017

The Poughkeepsie Grand, and especially Michelle Niesen, made our wedding day a truly MAGICAL day!!! Our guests said it was the BEST wedding they had EVER attended!!! We agree!!!!
    ~ Sally & Michael Esolen

Alison · Married on 03/26/2017

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel provided a wonderful experience for our guests and us during our wedding weekend. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was accommodating and pleasant to work with. The Club Room on the top floor is a beautiful venue for bridal parties to get ready prior to the wedding. It was spacious and very comfortable for the bridesmaids, moms, and stylists. The meals we ordered and had delivered to the Club Room on the morning of the wedding were delicious. Since our wedding was at the Grandview, it was an incredibly convenient location for our out-of-town guests. Transportation could not have been easier, and our guests raved about the trolley that took them to and from the Grandview. There was even transportation made available to our rehearsal dinner on the night before our wedding. Overall, our experience at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was fantastic, and we would recommend this hotel to anyone getting married in the Poughkeepsie area!

Kimberly · Married on 11/10/2016

I don't know why anyone would have there wedding anywhere else!!! From start to finish everything went so smoothly and PERFECTLY it was as if it were too good to be true.... but nope it was true! We worked With Michelle and she was incredible! I can honestly say that as a bride planning a wedding I did not stress over anything regarding my venue because Michelle was on everything before my questions even came up. If we had a need or a want.... Michelle made it happen! Then we got to the night of our reception and it was SEAMLESS! I couldn't have dreamt the ballroom to be more perfect. She knew what I wanted better than I did. And our Maitre D's were outstanding! Dana and Jonathan were on point until they walked us to our room and handed us our room keys. The food..... our wedding was nearly a month ago and our guests are still talking about how delicious EVERYTHING was. In the future if we need to plan a big even we won't even look anywhere else. We're just going to call Michelle!

Venetta · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot put into words the wonderful day I had at the Poughkeeps Grand Hotel! From the price to the service, to the food and to the venue, I have nothing but great things to say. They truly made my day special. My guest were all and I mean ALL were impressed with everything! I didn't want our wedding to end. #cinderellaeffect!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 03/12/2016

Exceptional experience! Everyone we encountered from this venue was friendly, kind and professional. Our representative, Gina was a great help every step of the way and made sure every detail was perfect. Anthony, our Maitre d ensured that everything ran smoothly. Our server, Jamie was just amazing, my husband was never without a drink in his hand. Thevroom was beautiful and the food was phenomenal. There was so many hors d'oeuvre that we were full by the time we got to the main course, but of course, they made sure to bring our left overs, and then some to our room afterwards. Everything was perfect!

Bethany-Rose · Married on 03/12/2016

Working with the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was the best choice we made for our wedding!! They run like a well-oiled machine and made the planning process so stress-free, and yet still made me feel like my wedding was unique and their only priority! My fiance and I kept saying to each other, "is this too good to be true?!!!" The service, the quality, the extra attention paid to every detail-- all phenomenal! I am so glad we chose them for out wedding! There was SO MUCH included in my package that just made everything so much smoother! Every single person we worked with, from our amazing maitre' d's, to the super-friendly front-desk staff who handed out our gift bags for guests, to the staff who boxed up our extra food and drew adorable pictures on the boxes-- made us feel so special on our important day!! BEST decision of the whole wedding process by far!

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2015

When searching for a wedding venue we looked at a bunch of different places. The Poughkeepsie Grand had the most to offer for our wedding. Not only did we get complimentary rooms for booking with them, our centerpieces and wedding cake were also included. Our wedding coordinator Michelle went above and beyond to make sure our day was going to be everything we've dreamed of. The night of our wedding, our maître d Chris and server Sara were absolutely amazing. Always asking if we were okay or needed anything. The service they provided to us was top notch, and our guests agreed with us. We wouldn't of changed anything about our wedding venue. If you're looking to book with this venue just keep in mind that its convenient for you and your guests with the hotel being right upstairs. We would 100% recommend The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel to anyone that was in search of a beautiful, elegant venue.

They have been so unbelievably helpful with everything !

Kristen · Married on 09/12/2015

Great venue for a great price, expected to pay much more by the looks of the place. Warm comfortable feelings, everyone we have spoken to and worked with has been so helpful and accommodating. Beautifully decorated, clean, classy, elegant.. everything you want in a wedding venue.

angela · Married on 07/18/2015

absolutely perfect! from day one it was so easy to work with Gina. We live a couple hours away so email was our best friend, and Gina responded so quickly! Every person we encountered at the PK Grand whether in person or over the phone was always so helpful, positive and kind! The packages they offer include so much, that it truly is a one stop shop. from the abundant cocktail hour, to dinner choices, cake, center pieces, line and even hotel rooms, you want for nothing! We heard nothing but compliments from our guests all night and for weeks after! The food was amazing, the service was outstanding! My groom, myself, family and wedding party never had to go to the bar, as Anthony was always right there with a drink! He anticipated all our needs all night, as nothing was missed! the end of the night, Ryan and Anthony even brought all our stuff up to our room with some food wrapped up for a late night snack! The entire staff of the PK Grand truly helped make our wedding day perfect and we cannot thank them enough!

janice · Married on 07/10/2015

We had our wedding at The Poughkeepsie Grand and we could not have been happier! Everything from the planning process to the actual day was perfection! I especially want to mention Gina Paganelli, who was in a sense, our provided wedding planner! She was great at answering question, giving us reminders, and just overall being helpful. We were able to have an amazing wedding at The Grand without breaking our budget. The food, ambiance, and service was amazing.

Kristina · Married on 03/22/2015

We ending up adding our ceremony into this space and it was well worth it!
    All of the staff was amazing and the whole day was fantastic. Wouldn't have asked for a better place to have my ceremony but my reception as well

We had an amazing reception and overall great experience at the Poughkeepsie Grand. The staff was flexible and met all our requests, went above and beyond to make sure our guest and ourselves were taken care of throughout our stay, and their level of professionalism shown through at every stage. The food was amazing, the ballroom was perfect, and the coordination of everything went smoothly. We were able to look back at the day and realize that we had everything we wanted and would not have changed anything. We highly recommend them for your wedding.

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/26/2014

Everything about the Poughkeepsie Grand is amazing. They were so accommodating and kind. We had an issue because I lost my job while we were still making payments and they were very flexible with that. Everyone that we dealt with was pleasant from the day we put down the deposit to the night of the wedding. Gina, Maureen, Kisha and Mitchell are just a few of the great people there.

I cannot rave enough about how perfect this venue was!!!! The staff were SO nice and precessional! I felt like a queen from start to finish. After my first time there, everyone remembered my name and face and were so so nice when I would come in for different consultations. The day went off without a hitch! Absolutely stunning. I was shocked at how comprehensive the economy package was, and blown away on the day of my wedding. It was 1000x better than I could have dreamed, and affordable!!!!!

Patrick · Married on 06/07/2014

The Poughkeepsie Grand and their staff could not have been more curious and accommodating throughout the wedding planning process. Over the two years of planning our contact Tara learned and walked us through exactly what we where looking for from start to finish. We could not be happier with the outcome and had the best night of our life's with no stress at all knowing they had ever detail under control. If you haven't booked your venue yet look no further and give Tara a call.

Patrick & Victoria Coyle

Meaghan · Married on 05/10/2014

My husband and I would just like to say a big Thank you !!! Our wedding was truly amazing !! You all were so nice and very helpful. We felt like we were treated like royalty. Our day was perfect thanks to all of you. Meaghan and Sam lane

Tracy · Married on 03/28/2014

My Husband and I decided to have our reception at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel based off of our first meeting with Gina. She was so easy to deal with and never made me feel like I was a bother to her. Since the day we got married I am still getting compliments on how wonderful our wedding was and how good everything was. I can't say enough good things about this place. All the staff that we dealt with was awesome.

jacqueline · Married on 03/22/2014

Great experience. Our head server and maitre d were great, the food was great, and everything was easy. Loved it! Get the stuffed sole & chic valdestona. This place is a really good value.

Dana · Married on 11/30/2013

The Poughkeepsie Grand was a pleasure to work with. We didn't have to worry about a thing and were 100% pleased with everything!